Speaker 1: Hi everyone, I'm Rachel Zoe and you're listening to Climbing in Heels. The show is all about celebrating extraordinary superwomen who will be sharing their incredible journeys to the top, all while staying glamorous. Other than fashion, beauty is a topic that I can get so many questions on, whether it's from social media or interviews or meeting people in real life. You guys definitely have questions about skincare and makeup and everything in between. Last week I asked you guys to submit your beauty questions for me to answer on the podcast, and here to help me is my amazing producer and have blood sister everything else, Mary Elizabeth. You all know her at this point. So let's see what you guys are needing to know and see if I can answer your questions. So let's do it. Well, let's just jump right into it, shall we yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, starting with skincare, which we all know, very very hot, popular topic, A lot of a lot of products out there, a lot of information out there about skincare, so we got this question multiple times. So I had to go first, what steps are in your everyday skincare routine? So what are you doing morning or night? But what are your must do steps?
Speaker 1: So it's a loaded question. It's a loaded question because I have realized over the last ten to fifteen years how much my son worshiping for my entire tween to twenty something life has damaged, you know, my skin, right. But I will also say that I've now lived in la for twenty years, which is one of the driest places to live in the United States for sure, and the amount of hydration that I can put on my skin throughout the day is it's almost it doesn't matter, like I don't think.
Speaker 3: Their limit doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like when I'm in Florida, right, it's totally different. And so I would say to that that while I am here, I cannot live morning and night and sometimes throughout the day there is I literally open my eyes in the morning and I put pylanic serum on my face and maybe a vitamin C serum over that. I use Barbara Storm typically. Yes, that is very expensive. There are so many that are not Cora organics. I'm obsessed with. I use a beauty fora clean beauty. I use a lot of onest products, honest beauty as well. Which is very affordable, and I think you know to that, I would say I use a lot of serums without question. I use high serums, I use vitem C serrums, I use Nia Sinzerum B serrums, as many serums as I can put on. They actually work, They actually really I have found they really work. I then one of my favorite moisturizers that I'm now on my like tenth bottle of is You Beauty, her one particular product, and they're all amazing. The arm sculpt, the body sculpt of this that they're all amazing, the resurfacing compound, amazing, the You Beauty. I want to say it's called super Hydrator. It's one of the best moisturizers I've used, and that is because it genuinely feels like a shield. Yeah, and it keeps my skin hydrated all day. Yeah, And it gives you that kind of like doiness and it just really works. And I love it. I really do love it, and I really would swear by it because I've now tried a million different hydrators. Moist stretches is absolutely one of my favorite, especially for day. And then I also love SHAWNE. Darden's products are amazingly effecting. Yeah, they really work, hurt, they really really work. And again this is what I'll say about beauty. There are a lot of products that cost a lot of money, and there are a lot of products that are not worth the money, and a lot of products that you need very very little to apply, literally like a dime, and that investment will last a long time. Now, everyone has their budget of what they can spend within recent but I would say some products are worth it and some are not. But I would also say that there are so many that are you can buy in drug stores and things like that that are affordable, that are incredible. And I also want to say that there are cheap products we can get into that later, not cheat, but like ones that I use on my children, that I use on myself, that like ourselves, that are like incredible that you can put everywhere. So we can get into that.
Speaker 2: And when are you cleansing your skin, because, like like you said, being in California, it's so dry here I was. I was cleansing morning and night, and finally I was like, my skin can't handle this being stripped twice, so I only cleanse in the evening and then like sort of water wash in the morning because it's too drying for me.
Speaker 1: And even when I use a cleanser, so it would be at night, and even when I do that, it's light and it's a hydrating cleanser. I use a cleanser like an enzyme cleanser from Barber stm or I use a cleanser from Core Organic. It's my favorite. One is the Tumeric. There's a trot Act finger cleanser. I have a lighter one, one that's just for face, and then one that works almost like a mask, and I use it in the shower every single time I shower because it's very gentle and it's like you can leave it on while you wash your hair and stuff. And I love that product. I really do, as it pertains to clean beauty in general, beauty products, especially for face. I really love Cora Organics. I love it. I'm so impressed with how it works, honestly, But I do cleanse mostly at night, not during the day, because then I use an even heavier like sometimes I'll put like a there's a Kora night mask that you can sleep in, yes, because you can get away with things while you're sleeping that you can't put on during the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, too heavy, too too heavy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fresh makes a really good overnight mask that's good for like tightening, and it feels really good. But again, you can't put that on in the morning and then hold makeup over it. You're just gonna look like the makeup slatting off your face.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to say something that's a big beauty no no, but I really stand by it because I'm always in a hurry. I use makeup wipes as a cheat all the time. I do, and I'll just use ones that are hydrating and not stripping. And to be honest, my favorite makeup wipes are Honest wipes, the pink I think they're pink. The makeup remover wipes. I use them like crazy. They're super gentle. I even use them on my kids. Yeah, because I always have to remove things off their faces, so I use those a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are great too. Okay.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of listeners ask about under eyebags, lots of different questions about that.
Speaker 3: The age old, the age old. What do you do to reduce the appearance of under eyebags?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, so I've been I've been blessed in my family. I will say this. My sister got it worse than me. She genetically has my dads which are like huffy yeah, and mine are not. They're there, but it's it's different. I can cover mine, they're not. They're not polarizing under my eyes, right, So I think some of it is genetics and really hard to completely make disappear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have learned that over the years because I've many friends that you know and listen, I'm just gonna be very honest. I think at a certain age and I and I have not done it, but I will do it at some point. Products can't help, right, Like I think you There's only so much products can do, right. There are some incredible depuffing products. There are things that can help under ie I swear and live by under eye masks. I love them. I love the Wander Beauty ones I think are incredible. I love the one one One's skin everything, the one one one skin face masks, especially the black diamond line on believable, and the imask. I will not do an appearance without using imasks. I will not because they actually really do help. In terms of covering under eye bags. There's a lot of things you can do it is an art form and you honestly should watch YouTube or TikTok and watch the makeup experts do it because there is an art to it. Ones that we as civilians not make, our artists cannot fully do. But I think the ones that all of us that have little ones. The trick is you want to use a concealer that certainly has coverage, right, like a medium at least. I will definitely say that stick coverage. Stick covers, while thick, and I would recommend using them with an I cream, really work better. They don't slip right off right. More liquid ones are for younger people that don't need so much coverage because they're thinner, you know. But I love the sh Charlotte Tillbury one. I love the makeup by Mario Ones. The key is to use ones that may have a little bit of orange or a little bit of peach, a little bit of red. Right. So there are makeup artists that will literally put pigment if you have very dark circles.
Speaker 4: Right, counter act color correct the color correct, and then apply a lighter one shade lighter, at least one shade lighter than your foundation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That is the key that I've learned is to not use the same don't match your concealer to your foundation, right.
Speaker 3: It should be it should be a shade lighter.
Speaker 1: It should be a shade lighter. Yeah, yes, And you don't want that under eye thing that is super dry and cracky, because that's so gross. So you want to always have it be like a hydrating under eye, and then you can always put a little translucent powder over it to set it. But it's definitely one of the tricks that I've learned from up artists over the years, because that was a huge thing. I was trying to match my kids with my foundation because that's what one would think, right, Yeah, of course, yeah, but no skin is doing your skin is I have to tell you it's an art form. It really is. As you get older, if you're someone listen, there's also people that barely wear makeup, right. I have friends that are the same age as me that were maybe they wear a concealer, maybe they wear the lightest foundation. I'm someone that loves makeup, so I like the contour, I like the skin different dimension and I like that. So yeah, it just is an art form.
Speaker 3: It truly is. But I would.
Speaker 1: Recommend, honestly watching the experts on your eye because it's complex in that you have to know your skin colors right and your tones and your colors because for the longest time I didn't know what my skin tone was. I'm like, I'm olive. But meanwhile, I so much yellow, so that makes different color to correct under like black and blue.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like a color consultation is like.
Speaker 1: It is a first I recommend that I really do recomment and now you can actually do it online and you can also do it like on Sephora and Alta and some of the like better like cosmetic brands will literally scan you and tell you and.
Speaker 2: It should avoid and what you should do is, yeah, do do you ever do I don't think I've ever seen you do this, so maybe you don't, but maybe you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you ever do the ice rolling to deep puff or to like help with bags?
Speaker 1: Yes, but the answer is no because I hate the shock. But I will say this, I from the age of probably thirteen, I would before school put metal spoons in the freezer on ice and hold metal spoons on my eyes because I always puffy eyes. You know this. I have super sensitive eyes, so I don't get big black circles, but I do get very puffy eyes. I'm allergic to feathers, weird pillows. Like, yeah, you know, so I've been a deep puffer for.
Speaker 3: You're a depuffer. I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so the cold spoons are an amazing quick fix. And then when the whole cucumber thing came out, I tried that too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the cucumber thing.
Speaker 1: Cold cold alo leaves also, I love that. Very small, it's very but I think those are really good tricks to know at home that like, you don't need money to do these things, like my hollow plant, you know, and just take some leaves and like, yeah, I'm the cucumbers. Cold cucumbers Like that really does work. It's sometimes people will say, like tea bags work so fixes. I love them. I love that at home homeopathic one. Yeah, cold really does work.
Speaker 2: Yeah if you yeah again, but if you don't like the shock might not be.
Speaker 1: Really I don't love the cold roller. I'm you will never find me doing a cold plunge. I'm here to say that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think there's enough money to pay you to get you to do a cold plunge.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, I'm the coldest personalize that is the world. And I watch people do it. My whole body quivers. Yeah, it's a thing, it's a trend, it's a thing.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, what do you find effective for helping with volume loss in your face and in your neck?
Speaker 1: Well, let's see. I'm going to say people listen. I mean, I am here to say do the natural thing. As long as you can go the product route, use the rollers. I will say my Lima laser has changed my life. I am here to say that the Lima laser is one of the things that I have seen to be the the most effective thing you could ever do at home. It is incredibly expensive, so I'm not here to say it's affordable, but I am here to say that if you're spending so much money on crazy products that cost almost one thousand dollars or like at home.
Speaker 2: Things, crazy treatments, crazy treatments that you're going to these facials are getting so expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that the Lima laser is incredibly helpful. It stimulates your collagen. If you use it even five to fifteen minutes per day while you're on calls, before you go to sleep, it's incredible. But yeah, and so here's what I'll say, there are the most incredible topical things that you can do for volume loss. They have developed the most incredible laser treatments and micro micro needling like Certunza and god it's called like ALTHEA or oh my god, there's so many like that has that are non invasive.
Speaker 2: It's not Alma lasers all my I want to see one of those.
Speaker 3: That's really great too.
Speaker 1: And they're incredible, but I will say they're they're not inexpensive. So here's what I'll say, Do everything topical, right, Do the micro needling, do the lasering, the portenza, because it helps the quality of your skin. It literally tricks yourselves to regenerate and rebuild and rebuild collagen. So like these these developments are unbelievable to avoid having to do injectibles right, but it also at a certain point, botox and different fillers and the like are really game changing. When they work, they work. Yeah, they you know what I will say to that, though, you know, let's and it's a very long beauty episode that I would get into about my feelings about it, because I don't I am against doing these things at a very young age.
Speaker 3: Yes I am.
Speaker 1: I'm here to say if I had a daughter that was that was asking me to do sorts of fillers and treatments in her teens, I would be very upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, It's a different conversation you and I sitting here talking about any sort of injectable because we are of an age where that makes sense for our skin, and so I totally get what you're saying. We're not advocating for young women or men to be doing this at all. We want now, Yes, you should enjoy your youth and your elastic skin and your.
Speaker 1: And your natural ologen and ologen yees.
Speaker 2: And so there's options for volume loss. You just got to figure out what's right for you and what you know makes sense.
Speaker 1: I would say that if you're young, like, there's so much available now to start doing to nurture and keep your collagen levels, like your collagen strong, right right, I think that like twenty years ago, twenty five years ago, like we didn't there's really drinking collagen powders, and now you know all of these things that are so good for not just your skin, but your whole body and yourselves. So you know, I would say do as much as you can. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's a good segue because the next question we got several times was what body lotion or serum do you.
Speaker 3: Like to use.
Speaker 1: I am very as I said, like, there are a handful of brands that I use on face and body because they do do both, like Barberstorm, like Shawnie Darden, like You Beauty. I love the super Body Hydrator and arm sculpt by You Beauty. I love Honest Body. I loved Honest body cream and body oils. I love Core Organics. I use the body scrub in the shower. I use the body oil. I love One One One Skin has this incredible pink. The bottles pink. I'm seeing it in my head of the body oil. I love those. I love body oil. I use body oil. I use body scrubs and body oils more than I use body creams and lotions. And that goes back to our cold thing. Yes, And what's really funny about that is I have been putting, as my sister says, lotions and potions on my children since the day they were born. Yes, and as you know, Mary, there for a lot of that. They would come out of the shower and I would literally drench them head to toe and Colendula Arnica Egyptian magic, like I could not think of the name.
Speaker 3: It was magic magic.
Speaker 2: That's an incredible product for moms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's by the way, I use Egyptian magic now, Like it's just this incredible magical solve that works on everything everywhere, phased, dry patch, roseatia, dermatitis, like anything, very gentle any. Also, colendula is a magical ingredient. The California Baby Colendula also healed everything on my boy's skin. Right, I would say now that Skylar battles, you know, exima flares here and there. He's outgrown it for the most part, but he is really sensitive skin. Right, But so I would say that that's the kind of stuff is on my body and we use in our whole family. Is like Egyptian magics and very clean body oils and Sierra they're the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that. Good takeaway. Okay, let's move to makeup.
Speaker 2: You actually already answered the first question, I think, unless there's another one, but it said, what's the best makeup trick a renowned makeup artist has taught you, which would probably be the concealer trick? But is there anything else that you've learned.
Speaker 3: From like.
Speaker 1: Contour? Okay, contour is like who taught you that was it? Like Charlotte Tilbury, Charlotte Listen. Charlotte Tilbury was the original teacher for me for everything because she did all of my fashion shows for most of the time that I was doing fashion shows, and she did it. And then Kate Lee is another makeup artist that I've worked with so much over the years. Gillian Dempsey. A lot of makeup artists that I've had the privilege of working with for so many years taught me, you know, tricks of the trade. Ashley who does my makeup, who just went and had a baby less and Emma Willis here in La have taught me the every day, the everyday woman's trick to contouring and that has changed my life.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love to hear that.
Speaker 1: I would also say that one of my absolute favorite contour Contour brands that I've gotten that I also have not mentioned, but now that we're talking about makeup, I love Victoria Beckham's makeup. I love her Contour. I'm now only a fifth one and it's a stick, which is why I like it. It looks like it would be a thin lipstick, right, So it's just a roll up. It's easy, and I like it because you can be precise with it. I have other ones that I love, but they're much thicker. And I actually like this one because you can do two lines on your nose. You can do the line around your face. You literally draw on your face like a crayon. You like a crayon, and it's like a chocolate brown crayon. And I put two lines, one on my each side of my nose, blended out round the line of my forehead, blend it up into my hair in the right under my cheek bones.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And my kids love when I do it. They think it's the funniest thing when they see me do it because I literally drawl over my face and then around your jawline and then you blend it, and you blend it like super easy, so it doesn't look super contoured, but it immediately like shadows in places that you want it to.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So that would definitely be my best makeup.
Speaker 2: And I love that, you know, just like the Queen of all Everything, Charlotte Tilbury taught you that catual.
Speaker 1: I mean, she really is the Queen. I mean, she lives, she what.
Speaker 3: She and she's a character.
Speaker 1: She's so much energy, it's so funny. It's the Queen Bubbly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a legend.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on, what are some of your favorite eyeliners?
Speaker 1: Right now? I would say, oh my god, I did not you know why, because we're just talking about makeup now, How did I not talk about this? I'm obsessed with rare beauty, Selena. I love Selena Gomez's line and again a clean beauty line. And I'm just gonna say it here now. I am the first one that's skeptical about clean beauty in terms of makeup and sort of how it's one thing with skincare. Makeup is a different thing. Makeup. For me, the beginning eras of clean beauty were not effective in terms of makeup. They just didn't stay on, they didn't apply as well, and they expired really quickly. So I would say in terms of makeup, my tried and true favorites that are in my makeup bag are literally good us men. Wesmin Attilie also another brilliant makeup artist, and hers is clean. Her foundation sticks are game changing. Her products are incredible. I love Merit to Beauty also has an amazing contour, bronzing kind of stick that I love that I love. I love Merit eyebrowgel, yeah so good. I love Merit mascara. I love rare beauty eyeliner. I and now I'm like, my tense rare beauty, what liquid eyeliner?
Speaker 3: Okay, I was gonna say, what shade do you like?
Speaker 2: Because okay, I now in my thirties, have maybe mid to late thirties, you know, maybe later than mid. I notice that when I do a black like a like a true black.
Speaker 1: Eyeliner, I go, emmy, oh my god, you look so major.
Speaker 3: But I always feel like I look older.
Speaker 1: Than when I use like a brown, brown one.
Speaker 3: More neutral tonal color.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what is your takeaway from black? Okay, it's black. To me, I'm like, oh my god, it's my mother.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: Black is intense. Black is intense. I think to answer that black is great for night when you want more of an eye and you're going to be in darker lighting. Sure, brown and every shade of brown. I have every shade of Victoria Bacam eyeliner. They go on like frosting they're literally like velvet.
Speaker 3: Beautiful colors too.
Speaker 1: The colors are gorgeous, they smudge really well. I love her shades of brown. I wear them every day. I love Mario's makeup by Mario. It's what's Mario beauty Maria, It's makeup by Maria. I use his eyeliners. I love them. And again, I think for day and everyday life, browns are great, and I think even if you're not comfortable with black, then do just a deeper chocolate brown and smudge it out at night. But I love eyeliner. It's part of my five minute routine. I love it. I think it's because I have like yellow green eyes, and I think I was taught when I was young, like honey, you have to wear liner, like it just pulls out the yellow, right. I don't know, So I just I just feel naked without eyeliner and mascara. So it's right. But on the natural day you smudge it, it's not as severe, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I love a liquid liner, but again, it's like that would be for nighttime, because if I were during the day, I feel like I'm wearing a mask of my mom, but a brown eyeliner is is hard like a brown liquid.
Speaker 1: I would say, is more tricky, Like I would say, yeah.
Speaker 3: They're power, They're like a cream powder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would do. I don't know again, like Merit Victoria Beckham eyeliner, so good, so good, but I've got to try. I'm obsessed with I'm obsessed with it. I really am rare beauty. I mean those are like tried and true right now, I'm obsessed. The one last thing I would say to just touch on Charlotte Tillbury, her color chameleon. I want to say, they're called the sticks.
Speaker 3: I love those things.
Speaker 1: The black diamond or the amber haze, or the emeralds green like the emerald whatever, smoky courts. They're all amazing. And those are like all in one. Her makeup is expensive. But what I would say to that is it's an all in one so you can use it as a liner, you can smudge it and use it as a shadow. So I like things that are multi functional, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they I feel my Charlotte is six will last me a long time. Like it's it's a good, you know, cost per use situation, because because it just a little goes a long way and you can use it for a very, very long time, which is one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: I love her stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking about liners, do you use liip liner or just lipstick? And is it still a thing for us to be overlining our lips?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, don't over line? Well, that depends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm never successfully overlined my lips. I look like an absolute clown. I've never successfully been able.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: But I've been fortunate in my life to have full lips. My mother gave them to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do.
Speaker 1: I have full lips. So I am not someone who loves to overdraw. I will draw to even out because everyone has one side that's like lower, so I will draw to to to even it out. But also you can go a little under to just even so I'm okay with like a millimeter, But don't underline it because that's not good either, right, so you have to go a little outside the line. Okay, you do. But again, these are great things to watch like an expert do on YouTube or TikTok or Instagram because all of the best makeup artists like Mary Phillips and Hang vong Go and Gucci Westman and Telbrady, they do these tutorials day in and day out on social so it's so easy to see how to do it properly, because not done properly, it's no way now. So what I would say to that is I do wear lipliner, and I wear it because I think it stays on better.
Speaker 3: When I line it.
Speaker 1: In the nineties, I only wore lipliner in the early two thousand, I probably only wore lipliner with like a little lip bomb over it. And I will say this, it never came off. I never had to reapply throughout the night. So there are and now that nineties makeup is back, like people are literally doing that again, right, the browns are coming back, the brownliplaning. I can't bear a Matte lip a Matt anything. I will not do Matt. I don't care if the nineties are back. I was there the first time, so I don't have to do it now. I don't do Matt. I think Matt at a certain age makes you look older because your skin looks so dry. I like fresh, dewy skin. I like a little bit of achine. I like a little bit of a highlight on the cheek. I won't leave home without it. I even care what the trends are. So my approach in general to makeup is the same as it is to clothing. You have to do what works for you. You cannot be a victim of trend with makeup. You take the trend and you apply it to your life and your skin and your age and what works best for you. I will always have hydrated skin. Dry skin makes you look older. It just does. And I'm here to say that. I'm not an expert, but I'm here to say that. So makeup gets stuck in the cracks and your lips are cracked and everything else. So I apply serums throughout the day. I apply hydrating products on top of my makeup. I don't know if you're allowed to do that, but I do it.
Speaker 3: You do it, you break all the beauty rules I do.
Speaker 1: But I would say this, I have found what looks more natural on me is when I have flying my lip color, which is always a hydrated lip color, usually a like a wine plum berry of sorts, and then I'll actually apply the liner afterwards. That's interesting. It looks better for me to just add more pigment and kind of just.
Speaker 2: Where you're unevel, almost like trap it it's like you're wrapping it, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's like I'm stealing it and shaping it.
Speaker 3: Okay, clever. I like that tip.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try that, okay. Moving to hair, A lot of hair questions for you. My personal favorite one would be, would you ever dye your hair another color?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, the blonde. I am blonde for life. I also go various shades of blonde, brightness, slighter, like sometimes I'll look back. I just look back at a picture from August and I was like, Jesus, I should never be that blonde. I've looked at pictures when.
Speaker 2: Your skin gets a little more tan too. Yeah, I always say I go very like full Cogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the summer, it's not great. I gotta yeah, I'll back the blonde.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I like to be warmer when I'm tanner, but no, I won't. My kids are dying for me to be brunette because they want me to match them. Oh my gosh, that's so funny. They want to like, they want me to match them.
Speaker 2: But if you are listening and you're curious about what Rachel looks like with darker hair, just scroll back on her Instagram and you'll see some of the throwback photos she's done, and she's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: In her I look like Kaius. You look just like Pious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're you're twins.
Speaker 2: Another question that was a favorite of mine was do you ever style your hair back or off of your face?
Speaker 1: The answer is no, I haven't for a long time, and I think I have to start to like negotiate that with myself.
Speaker 3: Because it's so chic when you do.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know, it's like you know, And I've talked about this a lot. I think my hair is emotional for me. It's like a psychological thing. It's it's a security blanket, it's a curtain, it's a it's a it's a comfort. It's easy. I don't cut it. I barely style it. Yeah, I watched it twice a week. It's just part of my like being. And so I think wearing it up would almost feel like I was walking into a ballroom with no clothes on. Yeah, And so I have to sort of work through that, I think at some point. So I think the last picture I saw of me up with my hair up was pregnant, like the Golden globes.
Speaker 3: You had like a was it like a high pony? Like?
Speaker 1: People will post it when we post this episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna get We're gonna give the people what they want. Dark hair and pulled back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll pull some photos. So fine.
Speaker 3: Rachel's not a fan of half up, half down. I will.
Speaker 1: I know it's very sixth grade to me.
Speaker 2: Oh got it, got it. One other question, we got quite a lot. My hair is very very.
Speaker 1: Dry, and I'm wondering what kind of leave in treatments you like to use. There are so many good ones. Yeah, I will say. What I'm completely obsessed with right now is K eighteen. K eighteen is basically it's a product that came out within the last like two to three years, I want to say, but now they've expanded the line and it starts with a leave in treatment mask that you put on and you literally don't rint it out, but it's literally like it's like a bio cellular scientific thing that like it's very very healing for your hair, and it's it really is effective. It's called K eighteen, and I love it. There are some Oliplex products that I have found to be very effective as well. But Katine is definitely what I've been really using religiously over the last like since the summer I started using it.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And since we talked about clean beauty just in skincare and make up, what are your favorite clean beauty hair products?
Speaker 1: For Kai? I love?
Speaker 3: I really still amazing too.
Speaker 1: It smells amazing. And I also, like, you know, I've known Frederick Fakai for many, many years, and when he launched his clean Vegan line of hair products, he was so passionate. He worked so long on it, and I remember the first time I tried it, and I have to say, like, I love all the shampoos and conditioners. I love the leaven hair treatments. It is so so good and it smells so good and it works, It really really works. He's got lines for color. I really really love it. I use it religiously. And what's great is like my kids use all of these products, so you know, when it comes to hair and skin and body, Like, I love the fact that what's in my shower they can use, like you know, because they use my shower a lot, So it's nice that I ended up like, wait, I got to get kid products in there.
Speaker 3: And like I don't use that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's been that's been amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 5: And we got a lot of questions about the beauty products or the pharmacies in Paris. So if you had to do a supermarket sweep, you've got like a minute to grab products from like a French beauty supply or pharmacy.
Speaker 3: What are you grabbing?
Speaker 1: God? Oh my god, there's so many good ones. Claudalali uh huh, rock Roc Yep, been around forever, my's favorite lip bomb. She makes me bring ten of them back every time I go. Now you can get them here, Claude Depot anything yep, and every amazing products. Yeah, there's probably so many I'm not thinking of. I just French pharmacy and in just hours I stand there. I know hours.
Speaker 3: It's like a wonderland.
Speaker 1: It is if French pharmacies are a wonderland. There is a new product. I actually posted it on my social over the weekend. It's this incredible solve. It's calledte likeet bo bo you and j like eut, but it's like bouget or something. Anyway, it comes in a little pot okay, and it's like almost it's a solid, but you can make it almost a little more liquidy. And it's literally works like a French, totally clean Egyptian magic. It's a solve love that your lips, your face, your elbows, anywhere that needs hydration, and I love it and it's French and it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, thank you so much Rachel for answering all of these beauty questions.
Speaker 5: Guys, stay out of the Yes, we're are your SPF guys.
Speaker 1: But here's what I'll say, enjoy your life. I like a little real sun, just with some block lett raised in let, the vitamin d N.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, all right, everybody, protect your skin. We'll talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, that was so much fun. I could talk about beauty for days and days and days. So if you like this beauty talk, let us know because I'll just keep doing them because there's never things that we run out of talking about when it comes to beauty. So thank you so much for asking all these amazing questions. I promised to answer more on our next one. And thank you always for listening to Climbing and Heels. Don't forget to write or read. You Wherever you get to your pods, love reading them, and while you're at it. Follow me and at Rachel Zou and at Climbing Nails Pod on Instagram for more updates on upcoming guests episodes in All Things Vertre