Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hi Amy, Hi?
Speaker 4: How you doing good?
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 1: I'm here with Suzanne.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: Amy, It's good to see you again.
Speaker 2: Hi. Nice to see you again as well.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited with these guys now that I'm.
Speaker 2: Not happy to see you as well, So that I am that I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 4: We wanted to get a little real life perspective compared to April Luke and Lorelei situation. Amy had mentioned she wanted you to come on back for season seven, episode nineteen for very special reason. So let's let's get on with it and chat about it, shall we.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 1: Listen on the iHeartRadio app. Amy.
Speaker 4: What is the special reason you wanted to come back for this episode? Tell?
Speaker 3: It was mainly so you guys watched episode nineteen already, right, Oh yeah, okay, So you know the whole situation of them breaking up and then them having the argument about the car and her wanting to fix that car, and of course Luke's got to be Luke and do everything he can and do what he can to fix that car for her. I was actually in a similar situation with my husband, and in that moment, I was like, oh my gosh, we are so Luke and Loreli today, and he started laughing.
Speaker 2: He's like wow.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, you know, and I played the episode again and he saw it. And it kind of stemmed from when I moved out of my mom's house to go live with him. She wasn't very happy about it, and she was like, you know, you can take your purse with you and you can go. So I didn't have a car. So my husband was like, you know, we'll buy a car off this, this and that. So we did, and then about six years later, it ended up breaking down and I had the same moment like Lorelai, like we've had so many memories with this car. We brought our children home from the hospital with this car. Like I cried and cried and cried. I wouldn't let it go. And he did exactly like Luke. He went on craigslist. He did what he could. I think it cost us about eight thousand dollars to fix a two thousand dollars car. Yeah, but it was just like, oh my god, that is so like a Luke moment and it just, you know, it blew my mind. And in that moment, I'm like, they have to get back together. You know, watching it the first time, it's like, how can they not get back together after something like that? So when I had mentioned it to Amy and you know, to Danielle and then I'm like, oh my god, my husband did something you know, the almost exactly that to that teeth, I was like, I have to tell you guys that I have to tell God at least you know what that situation was, just because it was a difficult relationship in the sense of my mom is very much Emily. You have a Emily meets He's a Mommy Dearest type of thing. And she was just very disapproving and he was like, no, we're gonna do it. We're gonna make it work. And you know, she that's how she sent you, and that's how you come, and we'll do this together and we'll make it work. And We've had so many Luke and Loreli moments and I was like, there's no way I can't. I can't tell him about this.
Speaker 4: So what other ways does your husband resemble Luke?
Speaker 3: He is just like the most honestly the most giving person, the kindest person. He will take his shirt off his back to give it to you. He's gonna feed everybody, regardless if we have it or not. He's just so much in that Luke sense. And you know, he has a daughter prior to our relationship, and you know all of that, and he's great with her. He's you know, they've done dates and stuff and you know, spend father daughter time together and he's just done. He's a lot like Luke in that sense. And he's very big brothery to everybody he needs. It doesn't matter if he's done you five years, five minutes. He's just such a kind hearted person.
Speaker 1: Does he rant? Does he kind of flip out once.
Speaker 2: In a while, Yeah he does, he does.
Speaker 3: He has ADHD, so he does not stop. Yeah, he's a he does not stop. And he's talking and talking and you can barely meet him and you're not going to get a word in edgeways with him.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, wow. Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So when you first watch this episode, how did it make you feel when Luke found Lorelized cheap on Craiglist.
Speaker 3: So the very first time I saw this episode, I hadn't even met my husband. Yet because I watched the series when it first aired, and when I remember seeing that episode and thinking, God, I would love to find somebody like you know, as a teenager you don't always assume, oh, I'm going to find someone like that, but man, I prayed and wanted someone like that in that sense because to me, Luke is the ultimate that is, that is the guy, that's the guy you just dreamed for with faults and all.
Speaker 4: So has your husband watched Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, it stays on.
Speaker 3: My daughter is so mad because I locked her in the room and she's like, I want to meet Luke.
Speaker 2: Mommy.
Speaker 3: She's only eight, and she's just like, you know, it's on. It's on all the time in my house. My son was asking me this morning, Mom, what's your favorite show? Like ultimate show you had? You know, that's the only show you could ever watch?
Speaker 2: Hello, Gilmore, Like it'd be Gilmore heads down.
Speaker 4: Well, that's nice to hear, Suzanne.
Speaker 1: You want to ask the next question?
Speaker 5: Sure, So as a super fan, let's get your take on some of the storylines. So this is we just finished recapping episode nineteen, like we were talking about. So this is the first time seeing Luke and LORELEI kind of coming back together.
Speaker 4: Like they were before.
Speaker 5: So do you think it took too long? I mean, we're, like I said, we're in episode nineteen of season seven. Do you think that process took too long?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: I think the whole storyline didn't. We didn't need that at all, period. But yeah, in a way, I feel like it did. But in a way, I kind of like, I'm glad it came to this because it's like when they're in the Heybale Mays and they're talking and she apologizes, it's like, you know, good job, good job for finally accepting you know, hey, you did wrong. It took you a while, it took you a minute to figure that out, but you did wrong. And for him to just you know, be Luke and just you know, it's okay, and I apologize too, and it's just I honestly think that's my favorite thing is that he's able to apologize because so many men can't do that, you know, and he's just able to just you know, I had I had my pard in it too, and you know, at that moment.
Speaker 2: Gives you that hope, like, please please let them work this out.
Speaker 1: Did you think it took too long for them to get back together.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, one hundred percent. Way too long, way too long.
Speaker 4: Okayeah, when when do you think they should have come back together?
Speaker 3: I think after she had her meltdown and you know, talk Chris. You know, I wish you were the you know, the man that I could have had that life with. I feel like that next day she could have been like, you know what, I'm gonna take a me day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna cool off, and then I'm gonna go talk to Luke.
Speaker 3: Lik, I'm not divorced yet, but this is what's going on. I'm sorry. I apologize. If we could start fresh even just talking and going, you know, being friends again, let's do that. Since now, I feel like she could have done that from the jump, and I feel like he fully would have gone with that and been okay with that.
Speaker 2: But do you.
Speaker 5: Feel like she had to try having a relationship with Christopher to make sure that Luke was her true love? Like, did you have to get it out of her system?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: And I only say that just because my husband went through that with his daughter's mom, because he had said as well, like he would have ended that when she was like four months old, because he knew it wasn't it wasn't right, it was toxic. It just shouldn't have been. But he had said, like, if I didn't at least try, then it would always bother me, Like what if I could have you know, that's my daughter's mom. What if we could have made it work? And how am I going to tell my daughter? You know, I never gave it that chance. I owed it to her to at least try. So I get that in that perspective of wanting to try to make it work.
Speaker 4: We know how you feel about season seven. It's it's an open Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: You find anything redeeming about season seven?
Speaker 2: The very last episode?
Speaker 1: Oh we haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I won't say. I won't say, but just the very last episode and even then I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So when you're rewatching, do you watch season seven or you skip it and go back?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I skip through.
Speaker 3: I skip through everything except for the Paris and Doyle. I love Paris and Doyle. They just cracked me up. I skipped through the Lane storyline. I feel like they did Lane so dirty. She was just so destined for more, And I feel like they just didn't give it to her, and she should have. She was really she could have really been somebody. And I mean I'm not saying, you know, being a mother and a housewife is not somebody, because I've been there, been there, done that, I'm doing it now. But I feel like she had so much potential. Yeah, but everything with extaper, I skip it. Logan not a fan, I'm team just one hundred percent. I skip logan most of the time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Uh, did you think that Laura la I at least had to try with Christopher to make sure Luke was her true love? I think there's any value in that.
Speaker 3: I don't think she necessarily needed to. If she wanted to, she should have done that in season one when he was trying to spend the night on the couch and trying to you know, oh I love you. She should have done that way back when, not after she's already been with Luke. No, it's like, you have Luke, You've got the Champagne. Why are you going to go back to beer? Stay with Champagne, don't come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's a here's a rather obvious question that never gets asked. Okay, but I'm gonna ask you all right, Okay, aren't you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: What does Gilmore Girls mean to you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: It means everything my Like I'm even gonna cry, like it's my whole childhood. It's I resonate with it so much, wow, so much because I had I have I shouldn't say had, because my mom's still here. But I have a mother that does not understand me. I love her to death, I would die for her. I'd do anything in this world for her. But to say that she knows that or believes that from me, I don't think. So. We're very different in the sense of I felt I needed to live for me and to be happy for me, even if that meant not going with what she wanted, even if that meant walking away from her and distancing myself from her, to have that life I knew I wanted. And then now I have my three beautiful children, and it's like I couldn't be more thankful for that. And to have someone that's like Luke, that's so supportive that you know, and that's the whole purpose reason he and my mom don't get along because my mom is very verbally abusive and he does not tolerate. He's like, you know, I understand she's your daughter, but that's my wife. You know, we're not I'm not gonna have her, you know, talk to you if this is going to be the kind of conversation it's going to be, you know. And and my daughter's only eight, but I feel like she and I have that closeness, not the not so much in the teenage sense like Laura Lai is, because Lauraai to me is very much teenager. But we know we do have a great bond, and it's a lot better than the bond I have with my own mom. But yes, Gilmore means everything to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna play a game now called rapid Fire.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Amy?
Speaker 2: I am ready.
Speaker 1: How do you like your coffee?
Speaker 3: Medium roasted? I guess you can say, with a lot of creamer, because I don't want to taste the coffee. It's like a sprinkle of coffee with all my sugar.
Speaker 1: Do you order my coffee?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't yet I have it, but I plan on it. But I will. Are I promise you? I will? I will.
Speaker 4: You will not need creamer with it?
Speaker 3: Okay, then yes, I definitely will. I promise. You just got to tell me what to order.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, on medium roast. I mean you can get the breakfast blend or or the house blend. It's beautiful stuff.
Speaker 2: I will I promised, I will.
Speaker 4: High grade coffee. I won't ask you this which team you are? We already know your team.
Speaker 2: Jess, Yes, Team Jess and Team Luke.
Speaker 4: Well, then I won't ask you the next question either, because we already know that your favorite couple is Luke and Laurel. Yeah. Okay, so we'll go to this one. Who would you rather work with Michelle or Kirk?
Speaker 2: Oh? Kirk. Never a boring day with Kirk. Yeah, never a boring day. I would love to work with Kirk.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh what would you order at Luke's diner?
Speaker 2: Oh? A cheeseburger and some chili cheese fries. Mm.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're making me hungry.
Speaker 4: Let's go together. Let's all get over there. Come on, I hear it's open or opening. Who would you rather hang out with Paris or Lane?
Speaker 2: Oh? Paris for sure, Paris, because she's just so Paris.
Speaker 3: She's just one hundred percent on all the time. Can you imagine hanging with Paris and then going to work with Kirk at the end, of the day.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, never be bored.
Speaker 4: I actually can't imagine that if I have.
Speaker 2: The strength for that.
Speaker 4: But I get your meaning. Harvard or Yale or drop out and live in a poolhouse.
Speaker 3: Oh no, probably probably Harvard. I don't think Yale. I don't like the Yale colors. I like the Harvard colors.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Would you rather attend a dar event with Emily or a town meeting with Taylor?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, a town meeting. I'd pull a Lorela. I'd be cracking jokes the whole time. Definitely a town meeting.
Speaker 4: Gilmore girl's character that you would want as a roommate.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a tricky one. Maybe Brian, Brian seems clean roommate.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, Brian, Lane's roommate Lane and Zach's roommate Brian.
Speaker 4: Of all the Gilmore characters you'd want to.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm thinking cleanliness wise, probably him, But roommate, I think roommate.
Speaker 2: I'd probably go lor Lie just because she's crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, something that you are all in on in.
Speaker 3: Your life, Oh, my husband and my children. Definitely definitely.
Speaker 4: Well, it has been a pleasure visiting with you, Amy. Thank you for coming on. Anything you would like to add before we we say goodbye to you.
Speaker 3: No, just I love you guys and thank you guys because the show means everything to me.
Speaker 4: Well, we love you too, and get my love to.
Speaker 2: Take me into Danielleen. You know Tatara and we'll.
Speaker 1: Have you back on. You're coming back on. Oh, thank you you're super fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super fan.
Speaker 4: All right, best to your family. Say hello to Luke for me and your wonderful kids.
Speaker 2: Will thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye to then bye, Thanks Amy, thank Byke
Speaker 4: Dot Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com