Speaker 1: It is drinke Chans Motherfucky podcast, Make Sime.
Speaker 2: He's a legends eary Queens rapper. He's a great as your boy in O r he He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. Put up his DJ E f N Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 3: And your number one source for drunk d Chans moos for every day is New Year's Eve. That's it's time for drink champions. Drink up Mother Mother would a good be hop hees winning stupid? Is your boy in O r E One up? It is DJ e f N and.
Speaker 4: This militiman crazy boy yet be out of make some.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 5: We've got a person I know just dropped the album. It's one of the most liricol guys in the world and always comes to drink champs and terms the funk up.
Speaker 4: He don't need no liquor, he don't need nothing. He just going straight up. He's a legend. Will give him his flowers today. It makes a noise for one holy So let's talk about this album you just dropped, Yeah, just dropped all right? So and this is independent yes, well, it's my my my label, my new label, which is we got on the Merchant on the tables one on two records, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's independent that were distributed by hit Maker and all that, you know what I mean, hit Maker, not not not bird mak a distro. They also busted just signed over the Yeah, damn, I never heard of that.
Speaker 3: So he's the guy who who they were arguing about.
Speaker 4: Who the wh Royce and Joe was arguing with Crooked Eye and Joel over.
Speaker 3: That's the lab the times the house you're saying.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the slaughter House when they did the breakaway, they did it with Tony b Okay, Now where do you staying with Kanye? I just came back from trying to.
Speaker 3: Us about that.
Speaker 4: Just came back from tryinga I went out there for his showing how cool it was dope, it was dope.
Speaker 3: I mean we had been we had linked in a minute.
Speaker 4: I've been working on the records and working on Cayden's career project or whatever, and he's been doing the bulture thing. But we you know, with me and Yay, it's it's so much, you know, it's so much. Then it's just we just really just when I got there, you know, I met him over at the venue or whatever.
Speaker 3: We just caught up in China. That's the first time you see them since for a minute. Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we just caught up and just you know, kicked it with the kids and you know when when we not you know, obviously we have.
Speaker 3: A professional relationship. Body knows about you know.
Speaker 4: What was your godfathers, your kids or something like that, the both of this on both sides of you know what I'm saying, So you know what I mean. You know, so even with us Lincoln, you know, I had to face Tom Kiten so he can speak to his uncle.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So we do. We was doing that time. We was on that type of time. But you we had something to talk about ahead us go.
Speaker 3: So I mean, but.
Speaker 4: In lieu of you asked me about the me and I mean, obviously there's been things that are just transpired over the last what you want to say, twelve definitely eighteen months or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously I was here when the infamous episode happened.
Speaker 3: R you and I was on the phone. It was just a lot.
Speaker 5: We got to get to the spousor around a little bit. We got to get to the infamous DJ chicken Fingers, who is exactly.
Speaker 3: Is dju I said? And how you are.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do that far right. But look this is what this is. Let me show everybody. This is the first time I'm winning this. Fine, see what that say that? Listen, man, I got my heart is filled with creativity.
Speaker 3: And you know what I'm saying, whoever.
Speaker 4: DJ chicken Fingers is just put it in if they want to continue or not.
Speaker 3: That's you know what I mean. I'm here to get, I'm here to create, be creative, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know, and as far as anything would let's you know, just put it on the table, as far as anything with tribe, you know, Like that's why I started.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You know, it's a big year for everybody one way to other.
Speaker 4: You know, the Hall of Fame, Yeah, you know, so my first music is going into the rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying. I mean because as the Google that catalog goes.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So you know what I mean. I'm I'm on I'm on Bill. I'm not here to destroy.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: I do like to play with explosives from time to time, but you know, other than that, I'm here to Bill.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Can you a time live? Ever? Squash it?
Speaker 4: You want to just say, Lady DJ chicken finger, that's what you want to.
Speaker 3: Get out that.
Speaker 1: That's what's on your that's on yourself, that's on your soul.
Speaker 3: I can't fun, you can't let it go. Let's reconcile, let's let's let's listen. Listen, listen, listen. When I stand for me? How this wait? Listen, We're gonna do this ship. Let's go. I'll sat this. It's on this with ice box.
Speaker 4: You think I'm thinking about anybody who got barbecue sauce anywhere in the vicinity, I'm not. I'm chilling, you know what I'm saying. At the end of the day, that's my job is.
Speaker 3: To be showing. Shout out to Rod McDaniel, Queeny's legend. We just came.
Speaker 4: I just came out from Queen's Day at l I've been I just came from China. I just came from the b Matt gallop. I'm doing that type of ship, understand, you know, like I just you know what I did do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what I did do.
Speaker 4: I actually had a conversation where I killed from Rex in effect about the trope beef.
Speaker 3: That's what I did. I did. He came out with the passion.
Speaker 4: We talked about that last time, right, So coincidentally, this is a blessing, right, I go to China. I decided to go to LA because I got the alum out let me go do my West Coast press run because I was supposed to just I was supposed to schedule it. I got, you know, yeah, asked me to pull up. I said, bing, all right, so I'm gonna just kill two birds once someone fly fifteen hours to go do that ship. And then I swung back, as you know, stop over do the press at LA. So I did a couple other podcasts and did some freestyles, and I would literally just going to go get something to eat. I was like, let me go look at a sushi menu. I walk into a situation where a man is giving a toast to what's coming next. So I'm literally standing on light these stairs and shit, and I'm at the bottom up stairs and at the top of the man giving a toast, I'm like, right, And so another individual turns around and it's Kenny Burns.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, give me that. So then the gentleman doing the toast turned around and said, your peace consequence is pleasure to meet you right now. I never met this gentleman before us, all right, So once he concludes the toast he was given, they all start sitting.
Speaker 3: There for dinner.
Speaker 4: It's because the restaurant happens to have an indoor and an outdoor area, so they're all in the outdoor area and they bought it out apparently, right. So so I'm still looking for menu, right, And so as I'm about to walk in the restaurant, I bump into Johnny Unions. Johnny Newnior is like, you, come take a picture. Come take a picture with Flavor Flave.
Speaker 1: The fuck is Flavor Flav doing it?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So I ended up taking a picture with Flavor Flavor shit.
Speaker 4: So we talking and ship and I got a record with Chuck Dda's going on the DeLux version of the album. So I was explaining the flavor I'm like, yeah, I just did a record with Chuck and Ship's like a wild world.
Speaker 3: It's like yeah, I'm like, so.
Speaker 4: Then I turn around, we're taking another picture and.
Speaker 3: Here's I killed. He's like Johnny Newyor is like, let me get you what I killed.
Speaker 4: And I haven't seen I killed since any of that happened, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, oh shit, because the last thing, the last page it was was it was apparently it was squashed between like the Zulu, but I never I didn't even go to the met and I was maybe like at I was maybe fourteen or fifteen when that shit happened, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So my my other cousins had went with Tip.
Speaker 4: So so we speak and for I just was like, let me break the ice with him, and I was like I asked him. I was like, yo, I know you're from Harlem. You probably know my grandfather. He's like, who's your grandfather, like Slim Turner. He's like, Slim is your grandfather? Like yeah, so apparently, long story short, my grandfather was probably like top ten Street Kings in Harlem, and I mentioned him last time I was up here, but I didn't he's grandpa to me, I never got it from a third party, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, so he calls my grandpa's lieutenant, who's like my uncle, to confirm, but he's like yeah, So he puts Chucky on the phone, and I'm like, Yo.
Speaker 3: Why do you tell me you knew? Son? Like, yeah, I didn't know because the whole situation with the beef.
Speaker 4: So then literally me and I Kill just ran through everything that happened.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: He mentioned the Prince Pole thing, and I think Prince Poe was had made a video.
Speaker 3: I saw that he was confusion. Yeah, he was upset.
Speaker 4: About my Drink Champs interview because I said he got jumped, and that's the way the story came back to me.
Speaker 3: So I Kill actually confirmed that.
Speaker 4: I guess one of his mans from possidep Haad has swung on Prince Pole because I guess he's saying he was nibriated or whatever.
Speaker 3: This is I Kill's words, not mine.
Speaker 4: So, like I said, long story short, it was just really great to like flush it out and put it behind him, just really get closure to it. I Kills like, Yo, he's like probably like a person I would have always dealt with He just like this, that niggas a cool last nigga. He told me to send love to to Tip in our league and Jerobi and so you know, we just wanted to salute our kill and Brex in effect, and they contribution to the game as well.
Speaker 3: Because that's what I'm always thinking.
Speaker 5: Like one thing I know I've noticed about you and how I live online.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was like legendary air out. It was a legendary era.
Speaker 4: Tell you the truth, to tell you the truth, like y'all funny, Like you know what I'm saying, I'm funny. I don't know what he'd be doing, bro, I don't know what you call that ship. I'm funny, and I don't get my page taken away from doing funny ship, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm funny.
Speaker 3: He was more like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess some of the ship was like you know, it's like you just there's no substitute for the corner. Man, if you if you wasn't on the corner, you just wasn't on it's right, but.
Speaker 3: Can eventually make it right right because no one went too far.
Speaker 4: Nothing I did my son's mother on this page. You let a man put your wife on you.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that part to see that.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying and through my son in the mix, come on man, like yo, nah, what I'm saying like and and the fact that he thought he was doing something unapologetically is like, listen, hurt people, hurt people. All that ship started right here, well at the other at the other spot.
Speaker 3: You and you know the whole thing.
Speaker 4: It started when Kanye.
Speaker 3: With Kanye, but start because of the know he did. He's saying it, don't start with the first Kanye episode right and started? Yeah, man, I don't listen what reason I should been going so long?
Speaker 4: I forgot like the Blessing Chrits like three years ago, esus so automatically because I get bred with ya, I had something to do with it, right.
Speaker 3: I wasn't here when Kanye did that episode. I wasn't here for that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And the thing what really made me angry was that he didn't even know what space me and Kanye was in. But he automatically was like I'm Kanye ghost right online and all that, Yo, bro, you you fucking with my w nine, chill out.
Speaker 3: I don't got nothing to do with none of that.
Speaker 4: And even to the point where you know, like tribe got involved in all that.
Speaker 3: Like I had to speak with Q Tip and all that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, and then you know his feelings was hurt over there and rightfully, so I mean, you know what I'm saying, Like if you if you Tip and you looking at like you're like, damn, why cons would say anything about us?
Speaker 3: But the thing was like Homie.
Speaker 4: Was reaching for every straw, like yo, let me just with no regard for nothing, you know what I'm saying. And then it turns around because I'm successful. I figured shit out. Oh you a you a demon? You're demon time with the with the family. No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm on demon Toime over Kaden.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm on demon tim over Like Nigga, you go see two horns, three of them, Like.
Speaker 3: That's what That's how I give it up.
Speaker 4: Over my son. You know what I'm saying, Like you got because the thing is like when it was just oh you got right for Kanye, I let it rock say whatever you want. I mean, at the end of the day, Kanye Ghost wrote for you. He gave you the hook to get by. You didn't right, he didn't write it, so we all then collaborate. You want to take credit for ghost rye and do it. You want to say I'm a ghostriter. Cool, you know what I'm saying. But he but the funny thing was like, it's it's deeper than that. It's like I never got sent no yeasis, your left is the worst though.
Speaker 5: You said Tyler said that that he never got stasy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you're taking this ship too far, yo.
Speaker 4: Do you understand how niggas feel about shit like that? Rap niggas is worse than women, bro. Yeah, when they come to certain bitch ass nigga shit, man, it'd be like I remember somebody said to me one time we was in a session in the tribe days. You didn't order me no food. I'm really feeling you for that. I'm like, nigga, I starve. You understand I starved. I starved to get on, bro, I don't you've been eating. You were on your own fucking food. Nigga look like your sister, you know what I'm saying. So it's like shit like that when niggas be carrying a grudge like I ain't nigga never sent me a box.
Speaker 3: I don't got no merch, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And that shit compounds into where niggas start doing inventory on the relationship, where it be like, yeah, but I brought Yeah out on tour and listen, even when I spoke to Quality the first time before there was any shake with it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I felt where he was coming from.
Speaker 4: I did feel like that was a he got snuffed when when he didn't expect to.
Speaker 3: Hear the base No, there wasn't.
Speaker 4: The baseball hat was the The baseball hat was more Dave Chappelle hitting them off about that I'm a rapper. I know what her quality, Well, her quality was the fact that he said, I never thought at your raps.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was That was agent Orange, you know what I'm saying. That's what made that nigga fucking You know what I'm saying. That was like the records.
Speaker 1: Together to that means, you know what I'm saying, Right, when you get that, when you get.
Speaker 3: That hurtful truth, you get that hurtful truth. That's like if you break up with with your broad and she tell you after all this time, I wasn't really fucking with you like that.
Speaker 4: It puts you in alp for his cock movie. You're like, where am I this bitch? Don't fuck with me? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like he had to reconcile that.
Speaker 4: Then he had Then he came back here, right quile, he came back here.
Speaker 5: They saw each other, They saw each other at Dave Chapelle something, And I just the thing about this why I said there's no substitute for.
Speaker 4: The corner because I cannot not press you after you do me like that. Ain't no motherfucking way I'm gonna seeing do a photo op after you told niggas you don't fuck with me out loud.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You said that, asking me like, yo, y'all can't I mean, that's an industry tactic.
Speaker 3: Can y'all put it to bed?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I wouldn't put it to bed on lind the Boulevard. But no nigga name.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: But we got examples of the apps. Got good example with Drake and meet Mail. They put it behind them. You got a good example of that with NAS and jay Z. They put it behind.
Speaker 4: Them, all those industry all those industry instances.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you are at least both in the industry. Has funk you to know that industry though I don't know. It's the same industry. Bro, I don't use let me, let me show.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get started, but I'm gonna I'm gonna go slow. Listen, we all both in the industry. But the thing is, once again, I gave an industry concession about the ghost writing part. You start bringing my family into this, then, I'm from queens. We're not doing this no other way, but the way we do it, you know what I mean. I told niggas before, it's queens get the money, not queens play no games. But but and the money do I get with the nigga DJ for chicken fingers?
Speaker 3: Damn chicken fingers. I'm gonna know what DJ Chicken fingers is already, man, I know you don't barbecue sauce and all that sound blue cheese chick. They got the what's the dress the Chinese restaurant duct sauce sauce? Yes? Good? So where was you at when you heard that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Tripical Quest was got accepted in the Hall of Fame. You know this, so many electionary groups from queens, so many electionendary group from hip hop that probably never get recognized like that, not even for our own people or people that's outside being recognized in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, I mean, you know, this is the uh they have been nominated Riot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, like I had spoke up about it because I felt like it was starting to get to a point where they were just being like just inserted in it and not giving a fair chance because you know, the whole thing is a popularity contest, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? And you know, so I think.
Speaker 4: When it hit the wild Man, I think I saw it on my phone and you know, I reached out the tip and it was just like, congrats.
Speaker 5: That's a big accomplishment. And how many albums he was a part of it with try Out two two Fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know that's why I treated myself to this because at the end of the day, you know, I'm all about hard work paying off, you know what I'm saying, And so you know, just for me, just the uller follow right here saying it's made me the chief nigga.
Speaker 3: What do you think life would have been like if Fight would have.
Speaker 4: Been still here, I mean, me and him would have been busting it up, you know what I mean. Definitely that's my nigga resting face to him, you know what I'm saying. That's why we you know, shadowed them out on the Chase Part three on a new album. Shit, that's my nigga. Like, you know, me and Fife was a likes you know what I mean as far as like because that whole thing is like this, Like Fife would have definitely told me to take quality head off.
Speaker 3: Facts.
Speaker 4: Wow, facts, you know what I'm saying. And I wish fIF would have been here, you know what I mean, just to really had that you know, just I could have. I wish I could have had that conversation with him about I killed you know what I'm saying, because you know those are the like the fire the moments in our history, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he Fife is a wife is with the ships, with the ships, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So and he loved Caden like you know, like I'm just happy that you know, they got to take a flick, uh and we got the link with him before uh you know his untome Lely, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, he was watching my son online and yo, I want to coach Caden because he was seeing them were starting to play basketball.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He had definitely been super proud of what Cayden has been able to accomplish.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm I'm friends with zin Or Righte Zino, and I remember back in the days when he had the source of magazine, he was pushing his son so hard, so many people were like giving him backslash.
Speaker 3: Like some people were saying, hey, man, you.
Speaker 5: Didn't get it for your own career, so you're trying to get it for your son. Or some people were saying, like you exploiting your son. Or some people was like, is that something that because you go hard for your son? You know what I'm saying, is that something that in the background people could tick you for.
Speaker 3: Let imagine you see anybody white get that? What is that? Anybody white? Get that? White?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Anybody any white? A white persons?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a white person position shoulder that you hear anybody object to that? We're only Robbin Thick right the anybody objected Robin Thick anybody.
Speaker 3: But that's in music.
Speaker 4: But all right, so that's a great example that anybody say, Hey, Alan Thick, you know what's funked up?
Speaker 3: You sitting here trying to make sure Robbin is straight? The thing is? The thing is. And I only I'm saying that to say that.
Speaker 4: In other cultures besides the African American community, nepotism is something that's practiced, supplauded, supported, you know what I'm saying. And when we do that, you know, or you're actually a crab trying to get somebody, a baby crab out the barrel, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And for me, it's a no brainer.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't like, even even if Kayden stopped rapping at this point now, he should be able to get a job in the music industry as far as like, even if he worked at be a Mo, if he worked as an an R, because of all the relationships that he's built through his own diligence, you know what I'm saying. And so why are we waiting to our kids get to eighteen years old to then make career decisions or have an inclination of what they want to do That doesn't really that doesn't set you up for success. You know what I'm saying, That doesn't put you in a space of being ahead. Like you know, going to school is the first tier of the job market. You know what I'm saying. As far as like being graded and on your performance, and so you want to if you can, why wouldn't you make your kid a doogie house or where they actually you know what I'm saying. That doesn't take away your core, that doesn't take away your corner. It just it actually makes you a small hustler. You know what I'm say because at this point, now that the monerational wealth right, that generational.
Speaker 6: Wealth, you just strive for nepotism if you can put it, be put in that position right to allow nepotism to happen in your family.
Speaker 3: So I want you to be clear. You know some some people want to see this, so you say, you do get backlash for that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes this backlash online it's just a back place, backlash community based on backlash.
Speaker 3: Everything every comments section was made for backlash. Backlash. It's just to right.
Speaker 4: You don't be backlash baby, because the backlash. I mean, I need my daily dose of backlash. I mean, you know, people just you know, and and don't get me wrong, it's people who like, Yo, I applaud the father you are. I applaud everything that I see you do. Like that ship is amazing to just see, you know, because people been literally watching Cadence and I was on TV with them, you know what I'm saying, Bob.
Speaker 3: So it's like at the end of the day, he's you know, with Warns. My heart is when a.
Speaker 4: Guy like Corey Gunns does a video with my son and says, Yo, you're an MC, you are hip hop. You inspired me to raise my now that I'm a father and obviously you know Peter Gunns is his dad, and to see that someone who was actually giving the same tools applaud the way that my son is using the tools I won. I one forever, you know what I'm saying, that's a forever win. You know what I mean, Come on a teacher, Yo, It's not like my son is sitting here playing games. My son is saying here zipping it for carras one, like we not just say't kids bop you know to that degree, Like you know what I mean, Like, yeah, he on TikTok with two million on the radar. We're doing that, but we also getting annoying by the teacher. You know what I'm saying, We're also getting annoying by d MC. Like my son in addition to being being able to do UH Jersey Club and and DRELL, he also understands the fundamentals, like he understands the order of respect, like you know, like he unders explained to him, like your DMC is like the first superstar I ever.
Speaker 6: Like some historical context it yeah, yeah, because that's the hip hop part of this.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying, This is rap and then is hip hop.
Speaker 4: You know, hip hop is more the culture and especially with our legacy, you know, I teach him the value of that so that he understands who these UH players are, even like when Ralph, when he met Ralph, Like you know what I'm saying, Like Ralph has supported my son since he saw the Rabbis, Like, yo, come bring him you know what I'm saying, Like that's that's priceless. I can't pay for that. I watched Video Music Box as a child. It's to come home and literally park up, you know what I mean. Like, so for for him to be like yo, I feel what kayans doing? Like man, like bro I'm to win, man, I don't I do not fool with chicken fingers.
Speaker 3: If they asked you right now, I know I asked you this before. What would you do? Loveing hip hop again? I don't think is that a thing anymore? I mean a check is a thing. No, I'm just saying, is that actually I don't I'm not excuse my ignorance. I don't have to believe. I believe it is definitely not in New York.
Speaker 4: I think the Yeah, I mean, she's always open the talking. I'm always open to talking in the morning. She's always been a good friend of mine. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to got anything to do with it anymore. Matter of fact, he's out right. I believe, Yeah, you're actually right. Yeah, I believe she's out of it. But yeah, so, I mean, I mean, the next the words hip hop out of it now. And it's not hip hop.
Speaker 4: Ship live in the industry. It's a franchise. It's a franchise like McDonald's at this point.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I mean, they made their money. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I mean, if that's the case, you know, I don't know. I'd rather do my own show with my son.
Speaker 3: I would do that.
Speaker 5: Because you know one thing I always say, me and him always say on this show, it's like I always say, signed to a major, right, so you get that fame because they can't take that fame back right right?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: What is that something that what love and hip hop? Did that help you as far as publication or for me, it's temperamental, like you know what I mean. Like sometimes it's a great thing. Sometimes it's a thing where it's just like, you know, I just gave too much, you know what I'm saying, Like it just you know, it's not something I wanted necessarily to bring it to the future with me, you know what I'm saying, especially since it doesn't pay anymore, you know. You know it's it's like the way that the way that deal is structured too is just like me having to hear shift for nothing, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not cool that that part ain't cool.
Speaker 4: So that's why I said, Like for me, you know, the front end versus the back end, it's just a lot of business with that, you know what I'm saying that's why for me at this point, I just would rather just do a new product with my son.
Speaker 3: That's a dope concept.
Speaker 6: How did you feel about doing it? Did you feel it? I wanted to keep going, so you wanted to keep going hip because I was boring. They didn't.
Speaker 3: They don't want to keep paying doing nothing. It wasn't you turned it down. I just kept I wasn't gonna blow up my feet. But I wasn't. I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I knew I wasn't delivering, and and they wanted to see me like like cons have a fight with Joe Buttons just like that, and like you know what I mean, like you know.
Speaker 3: Yo his Segway games, senister, Yo. Yeah, that's what they be wanting. And you know if you don't basically just brought them the dreams the damp, Yes, very.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 3: The happy promoted it was dope, and then it was.
Speaker 4: Crazy because we was just using their loving hip hop artists. They already paid and already she was a trick already.
Speaker 5: But I would definitely do it, definitely, So what's next for you? Went on to records we got, so we're going straight up the album. No, we got the album ready, but we got to but uh, this is this is the record.
Speaker 3: Label now, the Reguord label, record label artists.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so I mean the next project we got, I'm putting out a deluxe version of Night Doing Business with You, So that'd be out in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: And then we got me and Kate's collab album out. Yea, we're doing that in November. Yeah. We got some ship on here. We have one like that is Baby and Little Wayne, not really father and son, the real McCoy.
Speaker 4: So we got that coming, and we got Kaden's solo album coming, and then next year, you know, we're going I'm gonna definitely sound like two, two or three artists because the thing is just even with this exercise, it's just start up a snowball. But you know what I am proud of is that I've been able to like charge playlist and and go on amazing press front you know, Okay some of my Buckelett bucket list freestyles off, you know. So it's it's been amazing, Like it's the most tied I've probably ever been in my life.
Speaker 3: This ship is like independence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm like literally the CEO calling the shots and approving budgets and you know, and not proving ship and you know, but I'm perfectionist when it comes to certain aspects of things.
Speaker 3: So like we we got one cover and just don't get the pussy wet like that. I need the other one.
Speaker 4: And you know, so it's a it's a it's a very meticulous process for me. You know what I'm saying being being I work. You know what I'm saying, because the kid because remember you know, like even when I doing minutes with you, this is my my forever product. This is the one that's you know, I know people are gonna circle back, and I just wanted it to be right.
Speaker 3: I spent a lot of time on it.
Speaker 4: I had delays and ship and because I was venturing in the new territory. You know what I'm saying, my prior experiences with me being signed and someone paying me, and you know, now I'm the person with the budget and the person with the who people are answering to, and you know, it's it's, it's it's but it's the place I wanted to be. It's the place I it's age appropriate for me, Like I don't need to be a worker at this point. Like you know what I'm saying. Less, you know, unless it's just like a situation like you said, like if the money makes sense to work for somebody else's TV show, then yeah, we're not opposed to getting money, ancellary money or whatever the case is. But it has to be a foundation laid, you know what I'm saying, so that you know, years from now, Caate don't want to sign somebody he has that that component in his life to do. So it gets just like your dad at once, my man get busy, yo, let's let's see. We could spend them out, you know what I'm saying. So it's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful situation.
Speaker 6: And this catalog that's not tied up to any record label's your own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all new ship I could do. I could do a pub deal, not do one. It's it's you know, like the No Polsies records. Spun our eyes and tell Kanye get a nigga high.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 3: Word, that's that one right there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And even with you know, like his contribution on Blood things like you know, it's just just a great space just you know, we elbow for it, you know what I'm saying, but anything you want.
Speaker 3: Life, you're gonna have to you know what I mean? You know, really pushed envelope. Now.
Speaker 5: Now, I believe we spoke about this before, but you ain't got that famous documentary with old as old footage of young right? Did I ever get like you know, y'all ever like work that out?
Speaker 3: Listen and love you? So on my new album, I spoke about it. Okay, so it's worked out.
Speaker 4: I saw Cool to yell in public so strange because he couldn't explain no release form with my name. But how you pull the fast one in the slow lane was because Jay ran for president. It's public domain. Damn, damn. I should have ate his food. I ain't talking no man, Yo's Queen's get the money. I ain't playing no games. So you confront if you want type tough when you text. I seen the same thing happen between Lighty and X. I saw Sean Carter Coomo depth Mommy with threats now Omi says, shine.
Speaker 3: Your light to get the scope. I thought I'd take that to my grave. But boy, the problem in life, I can't say the right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you write rhymes every day? Every day? It's like yeah, Jim Brons. I was just thinking to day.
Speaker 4: I was like, Yo, my next writing cycle is gonna be life changing for me. It's like literally, I'm like one way from this, one goes right away from this, Like you know what I mean. Yeah, but I literally it's an exercise for me. It's do it on for muscle memory. At this point, man, let's see you on the LA leaguers right fucking that shit up.
Speaker 3: I'm looking and I'm.
Speaker 5: Looking for a person that's been doing it for this many years, Like I'm trying to find a dent in your armor, Like you know what I'm saying, Like like like like a slip up, and it's like I can tell.
Speaker 3: Like you still do this shit every day.
Speaker 4: Nah, I'm on, I'm more tomming. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I love this shit. You know what I'm saying. I'm when I don't love it no more, I'm gonna leave it alone. You know what I'm saying. I owe that much to the ghostwriter, you know what I'm saying, Like I owed the LA League freestyle to the ghost writer, Like you know, like ghost writing for me is like the story in the Holy Books when Moses's mother had to give him up so he could go be with the with Pharaoh's family, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, in order to take my art to where I needed to take it, I had to let it go, you know what I'm saying. And there's a pain with that, and that's why God had actually reunited Moses with his mom as a caretaker and a breastfeeder so she could still connect with him, you know what I'm saying. And so it's that like when you hear like some people talk about it, that's kind of like the pain where it be like where you know, because it's a it's a it's like literally given, it's given, you know what I'm saying. And it's a lot of times it's it's just it's just a sacrifice at that point, you know what I'm saying. And so fortunately, like when I get to do the l A Leaguers, that's a that's a reprieve for me, you know what I'm saying, Because sometimes I feel like niggas don't think I'm nice as ship, you know what I'm saying. They think because I've worked with this one, I've worked with that one, that it ain't it ain't me.
Speaker 3: It ain't me.
Speaker 4: Nigga is me nigga. I'll prove it to you niggas though I'm not gonna yell on the scream no more. I'm just gonna you can showcase it there. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So you know, like so yeah, that was a that was a that was a necessary for me. You ever wrote something for someone that the way that they flowed, that the flow that they used for for what you wrote was nothing that you would have ever done. Like you were so disappointed in the way. Naw, that's like busting the nigga out. I ain't gonna bust I ain't gonna bust a nigga out. You know what I'm saying. I mean because most of the time I've looked at any of that situation, any of those situations as you know, as just also like a compliment to my penmanship, you know what I'm saying, Like for someone that want me to write for them is.
Speaker 3: A compliment. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, especially like when you start getting into the later years, it's like, you know, like he said, like.
Speaker 3: Most of the our peers.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because I considered no, like my page, I started ninety six, he came ninety seven, so he from that time period. Niggas is in the niggas ain't. I don't know if they're getting hung dried in the dryer, but they definitely washed.
Speaker 3: Ye you. I don't know if you use woolight clorox, but belove it.
Speaker 1: And then you have the love for the game, like now the game make him sick, nigga, don't don't?
Speaker 3: Don't you two nice of a guy sometimes like something we want to talk to Super he's long going man long, nigga. You know these niggas be outside walls. Stop nor you know niggas be outside walls. Niggas ain't going to.
Speaker 1: Louis store right right right with wifey and niggas look at you like really you living this life?
Speaker 3: But you you you took CNN and you turn it in and this let me ask you though you being from Queens right.
Speaker 5: We just had ed level on and ed Love said the distance of how close front DMC was, how close proximity tribe was.
Speaker 3: Her Gotti and fifty um Russell. You think that was a plus or was that more pressure being being from from that area?
Speaker 4: See I'm gonna say this, right, theoretically it should be a plus, right because you actually have a proof of content.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But also that kind of pressure makes some of certain niggas fall like it's just too much. It's the shoes are too big to try to fill, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 4: You just don't have mediocre as an option, and so and and honestly you might not even have evolution as an option, depending on how close you.
Speaker 3: Are to any of those individuals.
Speaker 4: Because niggas a look at it like, well, since such and such as your people's was popping, why it ain't happening? Especially when you throw pillow talking in there, don't letting no check from queens tell you no no shit, Like nigga, how come that show and you know you're still taking a van or that's supposed to be your this I ain't ever see you on video mesic box.
Speaker 3: You keep telling me you rapped, don't you? Nigga?
Speaker 4: Where that I want a bag? I had nothing to show for this, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, I think it's it could be. It's a coin flip with that. It's a coin to us.
Speaker 5: Because I remember hearing story hearing it back in the days, and then actually having him on the show was Mike Geronimo and he was like automatic got compared the nas. He was telling people, don't compare me the NOAs, and it's like, you can't control.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you can't control.
Speaker 4: You can't control the I've been compared a bunch of a few other individuals.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna take no names, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think you can't get caught up in that space. That's the head, that's the head. And you know, I love Mike, I love Mike, Mike Geronid's my man. Shout to Mike Geronimo and his family. But I think that's that that that's what I'm talking about. Like that headspace will cause you this fold, you know what I'm saying, because then it becomes this thing where you trying to achieve something and you're not factoring in a pivot. Well, somebody feel like I'm this, I'm gonna go make a move over here so you can see me shine like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I can always circle back over here because I already started this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So like you know, that's that's the part where.
Speaker 4: You know, the industry can actually be your friend if you're not, if you're just dealing with the hood. You know what I'm saying, Cause once you be in the industry, you start seeing like.
Speaker 6: Man I just because the comparisons aren't always negative. Sometimes people just trying to make sense.
Speaker 4: Of yeah, and people and people compartmentalized and they categorize for their own sake of understanding. Right, So then you know, if someone says Mike sounds like nahs, it's just because that feels like New York what they think queens is right, which is which is actually a great trying to relate things because remember you still could be washed nigga, right right, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one of the choices, and nobody Drew well Sonny doesn't drink. Right If you say both are neither the PC answers, then uh, he drinks. So usually would be all of us drop because the size of the decision. Nobody drinks.
Speaker 3: And if I'm too scared to say.
Speaker 6: Or you or you genuinely think both of them, you know, you pick both of them, you know, genuinely, And it's not just anybody. It's really just to bring up any stories you got anybody, right, right, So first of one off, ripper is common versus most death?
Speaker 3: Yeh, common versus most Depth? And what and what contexts?
Speaker 6: It's whatever it could be one cooks better in your thinking, it could be anything, be anything better, better, friends, better, whatever.
Speaker 4: I think I probably would to go with, probably would go with common, probably have more of a rapport with him.
Speaker 3: That's it's that's an interesting compare quick time or whatever, just because you know he's by himself.
Speaker 4: Because see, see this is the thing right now and fantas if I was thinking, like kuhi, right, this would be my time to shoot most depth up right. That's your cody, right, that's what you did to me, right, that's what you did. You you automatically and you took this quick No automatically spun the block on the right. I automatically. I automatically got got handcuffed to a situation. So I turn about fair play, right. But you know what what I am happy about with most death is that his daughter's is succeeding. I think her name is Laila, and she's got a great fan base developing. And you know, I probably haven't seen her since she was a child, you know what I'm saying, And so I'm gonna just take it to a higher tier and just say, you know, shout him out.
Speaker 3: But I would say comment just because of good music DMX A Tupac rest in peace for the Town DMX. Yeah you're for real. Mh wow. Man, I'm not on the Louis Vuitton family Drake. But you know what though, I'm me tell y'all story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while we recorded Bea s Rom's of Life, Uh, Pharrell was in the studio with us at that time.
Speaker 3: He he had just done is It Good to You? We talked about that last time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I actually coached Pharrell in the in the booth, uh, when he was laying the verse with Beast Frond of Life.
Speaker 3: It didn't make the album, But I think.
Speaker 4: There's a misconception about how I feel about Pharrell based on when everything kind of exploded between Yay and Pushed the Tea and I was like, push the Tea is Pharrell's man. I think Pharrell took it like he wasn't my man, and I wasn't giving it up like that. What I was trying to say was like their business and arrangement is why, you know, push the tea right So the average person would just say, for Pharrell is push your tea, man, right now, Push your tea. Has had a great amount of solo success with Kanye, you know, and I just thought at the time it merited some sort of loyalty, you know what I'm saying, Like like the ship Kanye went through. I don't even know if we're gonna ever see no ship like that again in life, you know what I'm saying. And I just thought that sometimes you just don't got to say nothing. You ain't got to sit here and take a picture with the trainer nigga, you know, he.
Speaker 3: The what are we doing?
Speaker 4: But just to clarify things, yeah, I don't, I would have to say both. So you're gonna have to drink cuz I have a I have history with Pharrell and he's always been a one up. We never had no oh I still even when I said it, I didn't have it. I didn't have smoke for him. I just was upset about what I'm watching my crew fall apart and Push your Tea part of our crew too. But when you single yourself out and say I'm over here.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Then we got to start choosing side push his political views. You're talking about when when the Kanye political and push her distant himself from Kanye at the time.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I mean, I don't know would have got him. I don't know if it got him a check.
Speaker 4: I don't It just it just wasn't no street ship. And I'm always I look at put your seat like a street nigga. Unless I'm mistaken. I know he models from time to time too, But.
Speaker 3: Look at the nigga.
Speaker 4: The niggas may grinding. You know what I'm saying, that's the that's the that's the nigga bag anthem. So I'm gonna hold you to that accord. You know what I'm saying. I when it turned into some industry ship, for me, it's murky. I'm it's just corner nigga. It don't matter how much we all get money, nigga. You know what I'm saying, But it's our principalities that have made people respect.
Speaker 3: Us one way or not respect us one way to the other. That's my take, Jay or Nas. You rat to drink.
Speaker 4: Okay, I remember Jay just con compet him with my fund that one viral and you know, and NASA's.
Speaker 3: Naza's nads. I mean that's Queens.
Speaker 4: You know. I love I'm always loved Nas. I mean I was dead when he I got the privilege and I say, this is a privilege. I got the privilege of seeing him record one Love, you know what I mean. Wow, And you know that's like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you know, and he's always you know, Nas is one of the coolest niggas.
Speaker 3: To me, it's a cool nigga, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know him, No, I ain't never been to his Crabby No Ship, but every interaction I have with the nigga, nigga is nigga just cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, you know, and Jay.
Speaker 4: Inadvertently has been a conduit for my life to change. For having Rockefeller and me working with Kanye and you know, me doing the Beyonce record.
Speaker 3: He was a champion of that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you know, when I just seen him at the Fanatic Fest, man, it was just good to see the nigga. Like it's just sometimes it's just you gotta peel back all this industry shit and just fuck with niggas. You know what I'm saying, Like, listen, just a nigga fuck with when it ain't no industry politics.
Speaker 3: Jay Z cool, that's nigga. That nigga cool, Son.
Speaker 4: It just be when Benness sometimes get involved with niggas and niggas be one shit for certain niggas. I don't want he don't want nothing from me right now. I don't want them from it. It's just good to see that nigga and that nigga embrace. My son told my son. Yeah, I've been watching you get busy, jay Z told my son, and get busy fire, you know to the point where I've seen some shit with niggas like Yo, all this little nigga must be industry playing wow, because it's because the street nigga embrace the nigga he see coming from the street, because he jay Z a street nigga as much as he earn uh. He turned the corner into the corner office. But you don't do that without being a street nigga, without being where we from. I think the overall thing is I want to restore the feeling of New York. You know what I'm saying, Because that's that's the fertile that's the fertile land.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If it's gonna ever come back to bars and niggas getting this, that and the third Yo, New York gotta be right too.
Speaker 3: That's Joe, you got it. The whole thing.
Speaker 4: Loyalty of respect, loyalty, loyalty, respects circumstantial, respecting circumstantial.
Speaker 3: If I can't trust you, I don't respect you. Yeah, we all drink to that. Holler at me. Mm hmm, Sonny, you were amazing. So is it anybody you never you never worked with it that you would like to work with.
Speaker 4: We never did it. Wait, we know we did do it, So did the joint? Yeah yeah, that's a good question. I actually want to do it someone with this this, I would say three people. I never worked with Eminem, I would like to do it. I would like to do a record with Eminem and I would like to also do a record with Mason Cam Mason Cam together. I would like to do that. That's that's what I would like to do that. That's fine, I would like That's something I would like to get into.
Speaker 3: You think you out bar Eminem like, if y'all go, if y'all go, head up, no chorus, Like I got my money on me in any fight. I just want to say that.
Speaker 4: My money, man, I say that if I don't even lace up, is anybody you will do a record with that?
Speaker 3: You? You know you have to look, I got it. I did a record with Royce. That's his man on them, the right man, Royce, that's my nigga. Yeah. No, I'm a rappers rapper. I'm not getting nothing fucked up. I chased them. I chase the money.
Speaker 4: All these rap niggas know, all of them, know all the all them listening to my nigga, Like, fuck, this nigga is still going. Man, the battery don't fucking die. But it's cool now. But yeah, because because the thing is with Eminem, See, then those two things are two different areas of my life. Eminem as far as a nigga who rapped on a corner and wrapped against run and all that, that nigga want to rap with Eminem the nigga from that version of Yeah, that the version of me who do the diamonds and used to be in the tunnel want to do the record with Mason Camp.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's why is it besides your son? Is it any new artists that you're listening to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and and and one other thing is I'm actually trying to with the collab album doing with Kayden, and I'm looking to put some of my peoples who never really got like the Spotlight chance, you know what I'm saying. So I got my man Tory g and Jeffrey Donald, the Hgs. I want to try to I'm do a record with them because I've been It's so funny. It's like you you look up and it's twenty years later, right, and and you know we got niggas who've already passed. And so that's one thing I definitely want to do with the one on two shows, just like definitely one time, even if it ain't even if it's just one record, you know what I'm saying. I feel like it is just like my obligation to just like put one together where you know, niggas get they get their ship off. But yeah, yeah, I mean I think I was.
Speaker 3: It's a few. It's a few that I got my eye on or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, and I'm always and I'm always uh gonna be looking you know what I'm saying. I mean, I think that's the that's that's what I'm supposed to be doing with it, you know what I'm saying. Eventually, you know what I'm saying, just giving people opportunities and in a fair shake. I think it's important for there to be somewhere like like I said, in New York at once, once upon a time, you could go to Rockefeller Office and have a shot to walk out with a check.
Speaker 3: You could go to g Unit and have a shot to walk out with a check.
Speaker 4: I don't think we really have that anymore in New York specifically, you know what I'm saying. I think that affects the culture, Like when you got companies that's thriving into town and make everything or theoretically it shouldn't make everything better.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the Kendrick and Drake h It was definitely it was monumental for hip hop, monumental, monumental.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it changed the temperature as far as like people listening and paying attention to bars this year. You know what I'm saying, Because you had to really listen and you know, engage. Yeah, I definitely think that the reason why I think one of the reasons why Kendrick is doing the super Bowl is because of the beef, you know what I'm saying. I just think like that pop out concert probably the biggest concert we saw online, you know what I'm saying. And you know, I know that there was a controversy with Wayne not doing it, but I think they kind of gave it to Kendrick. He was chilling, you know what I'm saying. He had his having his children and you know, doing that, and I think that first person shooter record, it just shook the table too hard, you know what I'm saying. And you know, unfortunately Jake Hole guy was like, listen, do boy, let me out. We're gonna get out right here.
Speaker 3: But love it whipp the media, you can get out right right.
Speaker 4: Same for me and my pops is in the crib with the stress balls going crazy.
Speaker 3: We're going right.
Speaker 6: But but the reason I brought up the China show, and I wasn't really trying to bring up Adidas for the business part of that, but.
Speaker 3: From the reports, it's just it seems like that town, right now huh, because you got on the DDA. I'm like, I want those life life first with the Dalas.
Speaker 6: But but I heard that that entire town, like that's the most money they made from tourism, that they already booked them for another show. Like like I'm just saying the power of hip hop, Like that's what I really wanted to focus on, because I think sometimes nationally here we think we think just nationalistic, just us us. We start we forget about how big it is overseas, the impact that has overseas, good and bad, Like we got to understand and the economy around that, Like that's powerful. What what it wouldn't look like?
Speaker 4: At least it was definitely powerful because at the end of the day, like I said, this is my it was my first time going to China, and you know, you have preconceived notions because.
Speaker 3: It is supposed to be an adversary of ours, right, we.
Speaker 4: Have a preconceived notion. I tell you, they not think about us, They are not think of it. They're doing They're doing them. You know what I'm saying. They doing them the same you know, yeah, they they in Asia. So yeah, there is a probably tiger somewhere boy, I ain't seen nothing.
Speaker 3: I've seen people. I think that's it, you know what I mean, vandam and all that. You know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying the perpetuation like DJ Chicken figures, Yeah, there got to be somebody over here with fortun stuck out.
Speaker 3: But people take an Africa the jungles right right right, right right right. But so you don't you you don't.
Speaker 4: What you don't factor in is how where they are at with technology and where they're at with society and culture and art and all those things that those human things that that we take for granted here in the States. You know what I'm saying, they have their own boogie and it's it's dope.
Speaker 3: It's dope.
Speaker 4: They you know what i mean, Like you know, like ran the school that is like you know, it's a it's a dope bob over there. You know what I'm saying. I was, it was well worth the trip. Actually, So you went to China on your Vietnam which is dope.
Speaker 6: It's dope, super dope, and mind your country went to war with and basically lost, and no, it was dope.
Speaker 3: And hip hop is thriving in these christs right right right right. They don't.
Speaker 6: And the thing is is they're disconnecting from us where they used to We used to be the ones that led the way for them.
Speaker 3: They kind of just nexting already. And they got it. They That's what I'm doing for.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They basically you're thinking they need to be fed.
Speaker 3: They they they are there the feeder, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And they got the numbers to like I got pictures like where I was just in awe and inspired, like the buildings like they I drove to some ships that look like you could literally they like they literally took the ship out of Vegas and put their head know what I'm saying, Like they should have lit over there, bro, and they revered the culture.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And yo, and as a queens nigga, I had to have some real chicken fried rice and.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 4: I had some official fried rice. That ship was better than the ship in the hood.
Speaker 3: Just take some pictures, man.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O. R.
Speaker 3: E and d J. E. F N. Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 6: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon, ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com