Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. I'm Tamar Judge and I'm Dan Geesling and you're listening to Talking a Big Game. Hey guys, welcome back to Talking a Big Game with myself, Tamra.
Speaker 2: Judge and Dan Geesling.
Speaker 1: Dan, you're not at home.
Speaker 2: I'm not at home. I'm in New York and on vacation, but we still get through a podcast here, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: And you're at the iHeart Studio in New York.
Speaker 2: I am here and you want to know the most amazing part is that, So my wife is a huge watch what Happened Live in and yesterday we went to go watch, but Tamar reached out to Andy. It was like, hey, Dan's going to be there. Da da da da da, and like they completely like it was like my wife's super bat you up. Yeah, it was. It was so cool and I just want to thank you for doing that because, oh, you're so well be my wife's life.
Speaker 1: I was at Disneyland last week and when you told me you were going, I reached out to Andy. I'm like, hey, just let you know that.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 1: You know Big Brother Traders, my co host him and his wife. He's like, yeah, I heard his wife. He's a big fan of housewives.
Speaker 4: He's all, dang it.
Speaker 1: He goes Wednesday's usually housewife Wednesday and Thursday usually housewife. So you didn't get to see me housewife.
Speaker 2: Speaking of you're gonna be there, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're going to be crossing in the air. I believe when you go.
Speaker 2: Home Wednesday and you get in Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Night, I get Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when you go, okay, you know you have a big finale to shoot, when you're going to watch What Happens live? What is your mental prep for that? Are you just go and wing it?
Speaker 1: I just in the past I would have a couple of cocktails and go. But I'm not really drinking anymore. Once in a great while glass of wine. No, I can't say it all. I'm just saying I don't get drunk, if that makes sense. Like I'll have a glass of wine because just because it tastes good at dinner once in a great while. But I'm really trying to not purposely drink and to have my wits about myself. So you know, I don't act like an asshole, you know, cause that's why I tend to do that, And so normally I do us the day of watcher happens lives to do press during the day. Then I have a few hours in between. It's kind of an all day thing, and then I start getting ready at my hotel or sometimes at the studio, and then I head over to the studio and just the energy, especially when it's live. You went to a pre tape. When it's live, the energy is bigger. There's you know, there's a bar. Was there a bar open?
Speaker 2: Well, I just say, like I walked off the elevator and it was like music's blaring the bar tenders there. I'm like, this is unlike any like show I've been on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you put the I wasn't sure if pre tape did all that, but yeah, that's pretty much what it's like. And you know, you get your adrenaline against pumping, and as you know, the show goes by really fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's so fast, but it's so much fun. Like it just feelings. There's so many serious things.
Speaker 1: Did he point you out in the audience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, you know me, I would like to just drift back. And I was there for my wife, but it was cool and I was just really impressed to see like Andy remembered my wife. You know, just stuff like that to me matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does he know your wife?
Speaker 2: Just because she they met at the Trader's finale, And that was the whole reason I was able to go on the Traders. Is like Chelsea's like, as long as I get to meet Andy, go do it.
Speaker 1: Did meet at the traders finale, That's right, that is right.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, you're in the business. You know, like some people are not as they seem, and you know, maybe act.
Speaker 1: And he's so sweet and wants everybody to feel comfortable and he's a great guy. He really is.
Speaker 2: Side. I know we have guests here, but I just want to say, like, you look amazing. You don't look like you're three weeks off Shrek surgery, like you don't like sometimes when people have surgery, you're like, oh, my head transplant, you don't look like you don't look like that.
Speaker 1: I'm a little peak. My skin's still very delicate. It's very thin because it got so many layers burnt off, and I have scabbing in my hairline where they did the incisions because I did endoscopic through four different places on the top of my head, and so I'm very sensitive at the top of my head, got a couple of bald spots up there. It's really great. You look amazing, and yeah, it's I mean, it's amazing what they can do.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 1: It's still like my eyebrows was still settle a little bit, and he doesn't want me to like really raise my eyebrows, doesn't want me to exercise those muscles, so I'm trying not to.
Speaker 2: Before we bring the guests on, are you post fact everything? Are you happy you did it? Like regrets?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no regrets, no regrets at all. So I mean, no, it's been three weeks now, so yeah, I'm Thursday of be four weeks, so yeah, I'm happy. Now we have Teddy and hud Melling camp.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know the backstory, but you know, Teddy's my co host.
Speaker 2: Have you ever interviewed her and like had a chance to, like, I mean, we're gonna go like she got voted out Big Brother first is like the word you.
Speaker 1: The only time I watched Big Brother, I had like a big final like premiere party because Teddy was on. I was so excited and then I watched. I watched until she got kicked off and then I didn't watch anymore. But Hud is her brother. John Mellencamp the Koogs is their father, and you know, Hud went on the show. I actually it's called Claim to Fame, as you know, and actually watched an episode of it.
Speaker 2: Do your research morning.
Speaker 1: And because I just wanted to know how it went. And you know, and if you don't know, it's basically therese are people that are related to very famous people and they do much like traders. There's a lot of challenges that go on or any competition show Big Brother, and there's a lot of challenges going on trying to figure out who's who. I watched huddon he didn't know who Kelly Clarkson was.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get a chance to ask him.
Speaker 1: He was doing a challenge. He also didn't know that Taylor Swift was dating a football player. And guess what. Hud used to live in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm excited, and I'm also excited to see the dynamic between you and Teddy because this is a this is going to be a different feel from what you're normally used to. Yeah, you know when you're doing so.
Speaker 1: Teddy, Joe Mellencamp was a house guest on Celebrity Big Brother season three. Teddy's fate was in the hands of the first head of household, who had eyes on Teddy from the very first time she noticed her. Now, Hud is Teddy's brother. He pretty I mean, I've never met him, he's pretty quiet. Don't know much about him. And once Teddy told me, oh, my brother's on this reality I go what Wait, I didn't know you had a brother. So Claim to Fame season three contestant Hud placed second on the show and was revealed to be Grammy winning singer John Mellencamp's son. So we're going to get into it with them and ask them all the questions. I know you're gonna have a lot of questions for Teddy because you know she was on Big Brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what it's like to be voted out the first week, so I'm interested to hear her side of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Teddy, how was it been voted out first? Well, let's bring him in.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, guys, I love it, Like, where's my rundown?
Speaker 4: They're like, you don't get a rundown. You're not the host.
Speaker 1: You do not get a rundown. That's the last thing we want in your hands is a damn rundown. You'll run this show, is what you'll do.
Speaker 2: I've been looking forward to this, by the way, like just to have Tamera and Teddy on opposite side. Like this is not You're not on the same side now, it's like different seats.
Speaker 1: I'm I know, high, Hud, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm great? How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: We're doing great. Now we're just gonna get right into it because you know, Teddy, Dan has a lot of questions for you about Big Brother. Oh god, a lot of questions. Now, Teddy and Hud, you've both made separate appearances on two different reality game shows, Celebrity Big Brother and Claim to Fame. Now, I couldn't sleep, so I got up at four three this morning and I watched an episode of Claim to Fame and Hut, you really didn't know what Kelly Clarkson looked like, but you had a hunch, hunch, and you didn't know Taylor Swift was dating a football player, although you used to live in Kansas City and you clearly shaved off the stash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mostly just threw the stash out to ruin Teddy's Christmas cards.
Speaker 6: So when he showed up to Christmas with the stash and he knows we do our like family pajamas, Like it's our family tradition, and I'm like the stash really, and he's like, has to god.
Speaker 2: I got a question what inspired you to like go on this show and how did it come about?
Speaker 5: Well, A big part for me was just it looks like a fun time and looks like summer camp for adults. And then I had to be Teddy.
Speaker 1: And you did buy a lot a lot? What you came in second place?
Speaker 5: Yes, ma'am, no you did.
Speaker 1: I thought you were third.
Speaker 5: Now you made that up a right?
Speaker 1: Oh so hut what was Teddy like growing up? Did she make up a lot of shit?
Speaker 5: I don't know about making up, but you know, there's a couple of tables out there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure exaggeration.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's a Mellingcamp family tribute.
Speaker 4: Yes, we all are the same in that way. We add a little sauce to every taco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the way to bear. I think every family is like that.
Speaker 2: I got a question for about it about his experience. So when you're in this game, was it what you signed up for. You're like, I'm not doing any more reality TV after this. What was your experience like actually in the game and maneuvering, and did you have any regrets of like I shouldn't have done this.
Speaker 5: Well, the entire time, I had a great time. It was my biggest concern going in was everyone there. It's not gonna be nice. Everyone's gonna be like real cut throat, no one's to get along. But everyone gets along really well throughout the entire time filming. We just met up at Farm Made the other day, had a great time. Everyone's still friends. So I have no regrets about doing it. I think I made some life on friends all the way as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing. Like me and Dan we did Traders together. Now, was there anybody that you went into this game and you're like, oh, I totally know who That is not a one, not one.
Speaker 5: hYP pop culture knowledge is lacking, to say the least.
Speaker 1: I was a little bit unwell with the amount of unhealthy food that was consumed in the episode that I watched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the I was like, whoa what it was?
Speaker 3: When he blended up the clue and the other dude drank it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think that I saw that on the I only watched one episode, but uh, I'd love to hear about that.
Speaker 5: Well, after one of the competitions, I won a couple of different clues and everyone just packs some on him the whole time. You don't want to like drop one or like have someone look over your shoulder and boom, there's your ticket. Like how do I get rid of these? And I was thinking, I asked, somebody, is there a lighter around here?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 5: Like, no, none of that. You're not starting a fighter anything. I'll think of something else, like paper shredded. I mean there's not one of those. Oh, it's close enough the paper.
Speaker 2: Did you land on your sister at all heading into this, because you know she's been on reality TV, been on competition shows. Did you say, hey, like give me some pointers or what was a pre show conversation like with your sister more just.
Speaker 5: Be yourself, be true to yourself, play to the best of your abilities, but you know, don't hesitate. It's gonna take someone out in the way to keeping you from winning.
Speaker 1: Well, let's ask the question that we know our listeners want to hear. What does the koogs think about this you guys being on reality TV doing these competition shows. Was he like kids?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Or was he very supportive for me?
Speaker 5: He was very supportive.
Speaker 3: He's like, if you're one of the boy is he very supportive of everything that you do? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that how it works? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If it's me or Justice and Michelle, we can go kick rocks.
Speaker 4: Okay, So your.
Speaker 1: Dad would not be on Housewise Beverly Hills when you were on, he wouldn't be in camera, right, No, But didn't your dad do a video or something?
Speaker 5: There's a cameo in there.
Speaker 1: Your dad did a cameo? Well, this is cold. Turn me into a therapy session.
Speaker 3: Well, let's also point out that I was offered a job and I can't say which one it was, but it was when I really wanted to do another competition show, and they said, we just need to make sure that your dad will make a video for it for when you get booted out or if you win, or whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: And I called him. He's like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not doing the reality television show competitions.
Speaker 4: It's cheesy.
Speaker 3: And then, much to my surprise, the final Flamed of Fame I see the cobes pop up.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Now, I remember early on when Teddy and I started doing to teas in a pod. We were in Napa and she was on the phone with her dad and she asked him to sing a little little diddy about Teddy and Tamra. And he says little diddy about Teddy and camera. And I'm like, and I go tell him it's Tamra. She's like, no, we get one. Try that's it with him.
Speaker 2: Wait, Teddy, when you want to do the show and your dad said, no, is that it? Can you push? You know? What is that? Relationship? Like?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, how can answer this? More like we're on a family group chat. Who do you think pushes the most on the group?
Speaker 5: Cha, hud, I'm gonna go ahead see you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what happens is all the siblings whenever we want something or whenever we want to like seal the deal on whatever may be a family vacation, a trip of this, it's all the family will side text and call me and be like, all right, you're the one that can push dad.
Speaker 4: You do this. But then when he loses his shit, none of them have my back.
Speaker 3: Not a fricking Oh no, I went rogue on my own and I'm I'm like why yeah, but yeah no. Once he said no, then they went back to the network and the networks like if he's not going to agree to do that, all the other competitors family is and so Teddy's out.
Speaker 2: Teddy, let me ask you, is it how much of you know, being who you guys are and you know who your dead is. How much of that on you individually is a burden versus like how do you weigh that out? Because like they want you as a competitor on the show only with this asterisk, Like how do you deal with that? Well?
Speaker 3: I mean I think there's of course that moment of like am I not good enough without him? But also I'm really proud of who he is and all that he's accomplished, So I you know, it goes both ways. And I think there's a lot of jobs that I have booked and a lot of things that I was able to do without him. And the main thing he has taught us is work ethic and being fighters. And you know, we fight till the death in this family, like we really go for it. And I attribute that to him, And I think if he told me yes to everything that I wanted. I'd probably even be a bigger douche lord than I am now, So.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's possible. Just kidding, now, Hud, were you on Beverly Hills with Teddy? Did you film?
Speaker 5: We tried to shoot a couple of things.
Speaker 3: I think, right, yeah, we filmed. Hud actually almost knocked me out.
Speaker 5: I don't know about all that.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, really.
Speaker 3: We were doing a boxing because HUD's the Golden Gloves. He's a Golden Gloves champion, big time boxer. So Hudd was in town and I was like, all right, you want to do a boxing class on Beverly Hills And he's like yeah, and he comes. I cannot believe they didn't use the scene because not only did he talk shit the entire time to me and make me look like a total asshole, then at the end he popped me one in the face and they didn't show that.
Speaker 5: Now after one's a little hard. She wasn't keeping her hands up and I give her a little flick in the nose.
Speaker 1: Oh so this is her over exaggerating coming in right now? Very different, honey, Do I need to call you brand from real Houses of New York.
Speaker 4: I did my nose bleed?
Speaker 5: It did not?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I was just trying to remember I remember pay but I was like, I don't want to say it, blad if it didn't.
Speaker 5: But there was a couple of couple.
Speaker 3: Of those tears I had to wipe on back, pull my fake eyelashes off to get those.
Speaker 1: Teddy, let's talk about your time on Celebrity Big Brother for a moment. Okay, I feel like Dan might have a lot of questions for you, since, well, Dan is like a champion and I'm a champion a looser, Dan, why don't you take over this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So to me, it's always like when someone's in that environment, it's either exactly what they think or it's the worst thing in the world. When you walked in there and it hits you, Okay, you're micd up all the time. There's cameras everywhere. What was your reaction to that, because that is an extremely bizarre thing that very few people get to experience. What was your reaction to actually being Okay, I'm here, I'm in the bubble. You can't hide.
Speaker 3: Well. I think something that also added into the experience on the show was this was during COVID, So not only were we in a bubble while we were on the show, but we were in quarantine for two weeks before we started filming. So you're in a hotel room by yourself, like you can't, you know, all you've got is like you can watch your shows. I like begged them to bring in a Peloton bike, like I was going crazy in that.
Speaker 1: Did you have a window, like a good window that you could.
Speaker 3: I did, and I would like try to hear who the other people were. And I remember the only person that I could figure out who it was with Sean and Moechler because she there's like a small little balcony, you know, a balcony that doesn't even have a balcony.
Speaker 1: But it just has full bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I saw on her Instagram she was like doing like an only fans or something like some sort of sexy photo.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I know that balcony.
Speaker 1: So, but didn't they tell you couldn't post anything from your room?
Speaker 3: They did, but I think because it wasn't clear what where she was, I mean, unless you were in that hotel, which I think everybody that does Big Brother goes to that hotel. First, you don't recognize it. It's not a hotel I would frequent on my own.
Speaker 2: Waited, Okay, so you go through. It's a rite of passage, right, you go through like the bizarre sequester before you go in. So that's hard in its own own right. And Tamra got a piece of that and Traders, but it's much more centered Big Brother. But when you get dropped in and you see all these different personalities, how did you handle that? Because to me, that is one of the most interesting parts of the social experiment that is Big Brother.
Speaker 3: I would say at first I was handling it fine, like I enjoyed all the different personalities. Our first day, we went right into a competition, and I remember thinking every day we're going to have a competition, like this is going to be on a popping But no, like there was nothing like I would have played it completely different had I Wait.
Speaker 1: So there was days without competitions.
Speaker 4: There was weeks without any nothing.
Speaker 1: You would just hung out at the house.
Speaker 3: You hung out at the house. You couldn't have a phone. You couldn't even play games because the games are trademarked. There's one little gym you're you know, sleeping and lamar shit the bed, lamar.
Speaker 4: Shit, the bed. You're sleeping with multiple people in a hall?
Speaker 1: Are you in the same room? Are you in rooms with guys in a room?
Speaker 3: I was in a hallway, but yes, I was next to Lamar and Todd all the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a hall. I was late to like arrive.
Speaker 3: Huh, Like they space you out and so by the time I went, like, everybody had all the good spots.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you get to pick your own room.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I would say that was the most challenging part is like that mind game of like what are we doing today? Oh? Nothing, absolutely nothing, and and it does the live feed doesn't even start for the first ten days.
Speaker 2: So Teddy, you started to say, like, if you could play it different, you would do this, and we didn't get to it. So you got voted out first. What do you for people listening? I didn't see that. What do you are you smirking? Do I'm not smarking? Maybe a little bit? Maybe told I was.
Speaker 3: Told going into it, do not do well in the first challenge because then you'll be perceived as a threat.
Speaker 2: It's great advice. And did you I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I held on to the bitter freaking end and came in second behind like the WWE fighter or whatever. She was the boxing champion and I tried to make a deal with her in the moment. In hindsight, when she didn't accept my deal and I came in second, I probably then should have catered to her and like, I didn't know she was going to be in that suite for two weeks, and I should have been kissing her ass. I had just created my own alliances with outside of her, Because to be honest, I was pissed.
Speaker 4: I was like, f off, like why not try to help me? I'm trying to help.
Speaker 1: Tell me that is that one of the gameplays that you probably would have done differently? Looking black, I would.
Speaker 3: Have gone and kissed her ass because I could have. She That was the one thing she said to me is why didn't you come to me?
Speaker 4: I would have worked with you.
Speaker 2: Are you capable of doing that? Though? Like someone that beat you in a competition, you put your tail between your legs and then you go like, I do you think you can? Like, in hindsight, you can, but could you physically?
Speaker 1: There's hud smirk, Go ahead, answer that, Teddy?
Speaker 4: Do you think I could have hud.
Speaker 5: I you know you could have you had saw some pride on that one, but you know you.
Speaker 3: Could have done I mean, we have a family football game every Thanksgiving and we're like, it's not a good game if somebody doesn't end in tears and quit. So like, I think what I couldn't have done is I couldn't have gone in and lost the first competition. Like I couldn't have fallen off like before, you know, I mean there were people that couldn't even get on the rope when the stuff was.
Speaker 4: I couldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: But I could have gone in and tucked my tail between my legs and tried to be friends with the girls.
Speaker 1: I think I would have just fallen off just for the sake of it. So people think I'm just a weakling.
Speaker 4: You know, you're smarter than me.
Speaker 2: Next time you go, let's talk and I will have you throwing every competition and then you'll be like your brother in the final two at the end, and then you got a shot to win the whole thing.
Speaker 1: How you would you do, big brother?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like a fun time. I like physical aspects of competitions like that. There's a lot more social work that I would have to rush up on a Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the mental part of it, the mental mind games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like you just take so much time as well. You're just sitting around trying to either be friend people or not look like a buhole. And that would be there's a ticking block on this not looking like an asshole.
Speaker 3: I mean, the fact that you made it the entire claim to fame without looking like an asshole.
Speaker 4: I was like, what, I.
Speaker 1: Don't feel like Hud could be an asshole.
Speaker 5: I like that, stop the podcast, wrap it up.
Speaker 1: You just don't look like you have that ability to be an asshole.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean me and Teddy, on the other hand, the.
Speaker 3: Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. We're assholes, all of us.
Speaker 1: But you are your dad's daughter, Teddy.
Speaker 2: Would you play a big brother again? Would you do it again?
Speaker 3: I mean I would probably do about anything for money, so it's it's hard to say I wouldn't do it again.
Speaker 4: But it was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 2: Why do you say that, not.
Speaker 3: Being able to speak with my kids, having any outside connection, feeling like trapped inside of a I mean, it's a sound stage.
Speaker 1: It's not a house, did is it always been filmed at the same location like you and Dan filmed the same location, except like.
Speaker 2: The first couple of seasons, but it's been there for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean never once did I see sunshine or be outside like you beg did you.
Speaker 1: Say you gained like ten pounds?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, because you everything is like a communal like you. One person cooks one night the other like I never cooked, but I would do the dishes like that was my job.
Speaker 1: So they don't have cleaners. You had to clean toilets and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, Cynthia was actually I mean it got to the point where you're just like, holy crap, like you have to really be a team player.
Speaker 4: And then I in my mind, I thought the.
Speaker 3: People that didn't do the dishes or didn't clean or didn't cook, like everybody would want them out, but nobody did because those same people were also bad in the challenges, so they want to keep the weakest links around, which to me, I'm such like a if I don't like you, I don't like you, and I want you out even if you, you know, aren't like a competition for me, And I think you know that's what's It's tricky for me.
Speaker 5: You got to have the layups ready to go.
Speaker 2: So now that you both have have gone through the reality TV competition, like you've been in that world, would you guys ever consider because I imagine you guys would be a very interesting force to watch. Have you guys thought about doing anything together or putting yourselves in.
Speaker 1: Position amazing race?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like amazing race. Would you guys do something like that together?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: I mean if you think I'm competitive, Hutt is more competitive than me, and he actually can drive and navigate things, and I'm pretty manipulative. So I feel like the combination, like I'd love to do Amazing Race or Survivor or really any of them, wouldn't you, like a hud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like the most fun thing we could do. I feel like if we're on an amazing race, it would be just cut through it with everybody and we would either be I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we'd either love each other more like Hude and eye of all of our siblings, like we're the ones that we can make eye contact while we're at the table of the five of us and know exactly what the other one's thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ted, you said you'd do all these shows and like, I believe you with no hesitation, survivor amazing whatever. Like for you to say that so definitively, where does that come from for you? Because you've been through Big Brother to do a show like these shows, they're not like there's a mental toll that weighs on you. But you're just like, I'll do them all Traders.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nope, never again, never again.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I mean, correct me if I'm wrong'd, But we were raised in such a competitive atmosphere that we thrive in it. It's, you know why I also ride horses. It's why I hud You know, does that come.
Speaker 1: From your strictly your dad or your mom? I think it's you know, it's.
Speaker 5: I think it's got to be job. We've got different moms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got different moms, So then it's definitely your dad.
Speaker 4: And you know it's very like.
Speaker 3: No nonsense, like you either level up or you're out, Like there isn't kind of that mestal.
Speaker 2: How was that communicated to you both as kids or teenagers.
Speaker 5: Well, even my mom's are incredibly competitive as well, Like she'll be jogging on the beach in Hilton head. I remember this because I was jogging with her and somebody passed here and just got a little faster. Yeah all right, well i'll see you back at the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think you know, we all, we all are doing our best and you know, I guess are worst too when we're when there's a competition aspect to something, because if not, we get ourselves into trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, there's one thing I do know about my partner in crime, Teddy Mellencamp, is that she is a hustler and she it doesn't matter how much money shays in her bank account. She's still looking for that next job and she's doing all the things. Teddy, how would you define success?
Speaker 3: I mean, how I define success and how my brain actually thinks of success are two very different things. Like I would love to say, like success for me is feeling at peace and being able to afford all the things that I want in this life and.
Speaker 4: Support my kids.
Speaker 3: But I really, unfortunately for everyone in my life, it's I have a very it's never enough personality and that goes with friendships and business and and everything. Like I to me, complacency kills my joy.
Speaker 1: No, do you do you think the older you've gotten, that success has changed for you or is it always just been it's never enough.
Speaker 4: I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I can be harder.
Speaker 3: I at least can look in more and see where it is that I am being an asshole or I'm taking things too far where I don't think I had that lens earlier in life.
Speaker 1: That comes with age, and so I.
Speaker 4: Think that part has changed. But no, I mean there's never.
Speaker 3: A day that I don't wake up and want to work harder, make more money, get more downloads, like it doesn't make sure my kids are And I'm the same way with my kids.
Speaker 4: My kids, yes you are, they're happy, they've.
Speaker 3: Got you know, like all of that. And I'm the same way with my siblings.
Speaker 1: She's like that with me too. So, hud, let's dig into your time at Claim of Fame when you were asked to do the show. First of all, how did you get cast? And did you have any hesitation?
Speaker 5: I was reached out through Instagram, so you know, it's always a little hesitand do on there just going through a DM and be like, oh yeah, I've got an opportunity for you in it on Instagram. So I thought it was a little weird, but I asked you exited.
Speaker 1: To me, well, are you the type that has an agent and you want to be in the entertainment business like your sister or no.
Speaker 5: For a while I thought like, I'm more low profile, But then I've done it couple things with Teddy, and I did a couple of things in LA. I think it would be a cool thing to do, but not all the time, like I like the competition style, like where you're going in and doing something for a cent amount of time instead of just a continuous, always there, always cameraed up, always mike'd up thing.
Speaker 3: Let's remember that Hud was part of the demise of myself and Lisa vander Pump because he was on vander Pump Rules that statement.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, back it up, sister, give us the give us the tea.
Speaker 3: So before Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy, all that scandal, Hud had moved to LA and I had asked Alex Baskin, Uh, huh, do you guys have any space on vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: Who's Alex Baskin? For us normies that don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, he produces the Housewives and he produces vander Pump Rules, The Valley and all those shows, and he was said, actually maybe, but you'd have to ask Lisa vander Pump on camera. So I went on vander Pump Rules, asked about my brother, and then you know, Hud not auditioned, but had meetings to whatever.
Speaker 4: Would you end up becoming a bus boy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was working.
Speaker 1: How old were you?
Speaker 5: That was a while ago? I think probably six years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hud, what is that meeting like? And you're like, hey, we want to put you in the show.
Speaker 4: But it was on camera.
Speaker 2: Yea was like a job interview, like hey we want you as a busboy or was there more than that? It was not just a bus boy.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, I was blessing dude, I was working with I was carrying ice up and down. They have a couple of stairs staircases in that place. I'm hanging over my head. Yeah, I was working. I actually assembled half the restaurant was screwdrivers and me and a couple other guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had different ideas what I thought it was going to be for Hud than what it ended up being.
Speaker 1: So did you get paid for the show or you just get you paid for by Lisa.
Speaker 5: Vanner pump I got paid to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you get paid Yeah?
Speaker 4: On time?
Speaker 2: Did she pay you.
Speaker 5: For some restaurants to get everything in the order?
Speaker 3: I think, uh huh, look at his face.
Speaker 2: Liar, So you're brought out to actually work in the restaurant not be on the show or was it a dual combination? Like I don't understand that world.
Speaker 5: I was in a couple We filmed a couple of things. It was miked up a couple of times, but there was a large, large majority was me actually working?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, if you would have started a relationship with what like, it's up to them to get themselves in the mix. So I kept being like, I mean I think Shena was single. Then I was like, you better work it with Shena, like get it done?
Speaker 2: Well? How do you how do you take that? So here's your sister saying like, hey, go shack up with this girl so you get more camera time, which I guess to be developed on the show is the move. But how did that feel to you? Like did you want to.
Speaker 5: Do probably four or five weeks of just set up for the restaurant, like it wasn't finished yet. Like we were literally putting together chairs and hanging lights.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was when it first opened, so it was.
Speaker 5: A different shift once they started filming and everything, and then it was so busy that I would I felt bad, like if I was neglecting my duty, so I could go try and hit on some people that are going to get me more camera time because they're not bringing an extra guy if I'm not just doing the work.
Speaker 1: So that sounds like a hard worker.
Speaker 5: It's like I have. If I'm tell someone I'm gonna do something, I'm to try to do to the rest of my abilities.
Speaker 1: Now does Claim to Fame require as much strategy as Big Brother? There was a lot of strategy into it or is it just was it mental or just physical?
Speaker 5: There's a lot of strategy the like a lot of it's a lot of social stuff as well. Like I came in thinking I'm done immediately. I don't know anything. Unless it's all physical stuff, I can't figure it out. And there's been spelling bees every time. Dad dyslexic.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds horrible.
Speaker 5: It's like a physical aspect of the spelling bee, which is good. But a lot of it was just trying to make friends show that I'm actually working, like being at the clue wall, sitting there trying to take notes, figured everything out, putting together all these clues that we have, and then trying to work with other people to get more clues, kind of get an idea who someone is, just so we're not just all going out there blind all the time.
Speaker 1: How many episodes are there? Just wondering for myself because now that I watched one, I'm gonna have to watch all of them because now I'm curious who is Who'll.
Speaker 5: Say eight, but it could be could? I want to say, I have one question.
Speaker 3: I know I'm not the host of this show, but I need to know if you made out with Mackenzie.
Speaker 1: What, Oh, all of a sudden did you.
Speaker 4: Make out with?
Speaker 5: Oh? We got One of the first things they told us is it's not that type of show.
Speaker 1: But you just didn't answer question.
Speaker 5: Me and McKenzie are really good friends, and she actually came down to farm Maid with all the other people, and uh, we had a good time. And I get she only lives a couple hours away from your so I'm gonna go see you probably pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Still a non answer answer.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take that as a yes, I'm not, but that's.
Speaker 4: Race is bright red all of a sudden. But I don't know why.
Speaker 1: No, no, if there was one thing you can change about your gameplay, but you did pretty well, so you probably wouldn't want changed much. Would there be anything that you would have changed?
Speaker 5: Probably just trying to focus on Adam or I thought he was going to get himself out sooner. But I also like Adam a lot. I just I don't think I would have got to Michael Bolton as quickly as to the end of the end of the season.
Speaker 1: I think, so it's Michael Bolton's son. Well, they really like, I have to say, three cousins removed.
Speaker 3: I think it's almost a little unfair that, like some people are you know, the direct right and then and then people are like five removed.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm like a descendant of Maria an Quinette or whatever her name is. I think I can get on that show.
Speaker 4: No, because she can't make a video for you when you get kicked out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was it hard to watch yourself on TV?
Speaker 5: There was a couple of moments where I was like, you look, you look silly here. But a lot of things I stand by everything I did. A couple of times I was trying to do a bit if they cut out, thankfully, I was trying to do that what's up brother all the time.
Speaker 2: They probably they don't They probably don't know sketch. I know you, I know what. You let me ask you this when when you're in there, was there an element of like you're kind of with your people that you're like descendants of, like other famous people. Was there any like did you guys bond over that at all? Or was it just not part of the deal.
Speaker 5: It's definitely something that a lot of people don't have a grasp on. It's like if there's that mutual thing that you guys all share, it's not you don't have to talk about it much. You're not like, oh well, how was it doing this? I wasn't doing That's like, oh, you know, we can just skip that partner just be rick regular friends.
Speaker 2: Well as someone that that has hasn't gone through that. When you when you get this offer, is there any point in your head where I'm like, Okay, the only reason I'm getting this is because of my dad? And then how do you like move forward from that? Because clearly you're your own individual with your own passions, but as.
Speaker 1: It we don't never bothered you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you? How do you deal with that?
Speaker 5: So I like to think there's two ways you can Either you can kind of deal with this. You can go in a way that you just want to be your own person. You can cut off everything and really drive your own way. That's kind of what I do with boxing. It's just me in the ring like that. I was the only guy that could and influence that. But it also opens up a lot of great doors for me and we kind of foolish out to accept the blessings that I've got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great way to look at it. I could just say for my kids, they I don't want any help. Sofia with her music, I don't want any help. I don't want anything. I want to do it on my own. And she's like, I build up my TikTok and I didn't have to use you. And then she got a little taste of what it's like to be on TV this season and she has having gifts being delivered here and she's like, hey, Mom, do you think you can post this for me? I'm like, uh see, there is a lot of benefits too, having somebody you know famous in your family. Nepotism, nepotism and it's finest. But it never bothered you, did it any age, either one of you did it bother you that you had a famous dad.
Speaker 5: Every once in a while, I get like bullies out of the woodwork, but I mean doesn't really affect me too much. Is always going to be people out there trying to bring it down to be negative, no matter if you have a famou set or not.
Speaker 3: But I think we grew up very different. I mean we have to not to age myself. I mean, how much older am I than you? Hud, Like his mom is closer to my age than I am to Hud.
Speaker 4: So we grew up.
Speaker 3: You know, Hud was homeschooled on tour with my dad, like a.
Speaker 4: Completely different way of lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I grew up, which was, you know, my parents got divorced and I moved.
Speaker 1: What age you and your parents got divorced today?
Speaker 4: Third grade?
Speaker 1: So you were pretty young, so.
Speaker 4: Young, and so I I.
Speaker 3: You know, I would go to my dad's concerts, but I didn't live on the road.
Speaker 4: I went to a regular school.
Speaker 3: My dad lived in Indian Like if you live in Indiana and your dad's John Mellencamp people are when you live in Hilthead Island, South Carolina, which is where I lived, Like they'd.
Speaker 4: Say it the first time.
Speaker 3: They'd be like oh, and then they kind of get over it. But like he is, to use your favorite word, camera, he's an icon. He's a legend in Indiana, so had to kind of constantly live.
Speaker 1: That live in that shadow for sure? Was there any weirdness between the two of you because you were being how how long were you living with your dad? Was it most of your young Liar?
Speaker 4: Do you live now, Hud?
Speaker 5: I live right down the street from John.
Speaker 4: Down the street where in Indiana?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: But like how many steps.
Speaker 1: On his property?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did that ever cause any jealousy with you, Teddy, that Hud had your dad full time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: I feel like I was there just enough.
Speaker 1: You know, that's kind of like it's own reality competition show in itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you guys ever encounter people where you could like sense that they were just trying to get close to you, to get to your dad or whatever sphere they can penetrate, And did you guys have like a radar and how you can suss those people out.
Speaker 5: For me, it's all the time, always going to be someone on the street, but it's never No one's ever been very crafty.
Speaker 4: About it yet.
Speaker 3: And the amount of people that say they're related to us. Yeah, Like I was getting yoga clothes the other day and the guy like ringing me up. He's like, yeah, just so you know, my grandpa was your dad's cousin. And I'm like, oh really, And then I called my dad and I'm like, hey, Dad, or we related to whatever? Joe Schmo and he's like, never met him, don't know it. And I was like and I just looked at the guy and I was like, I think graps may lie to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wrong. Mellencamp did.
Speaker 5: Try to get backstage because they had their idea, said John Mellencamp on it and like, we're your cousin. I was like, we do have a cousin named John Mellencamp, but I know him very well.
Speaker 4: You ain't him.
Speaker 3: And HUD also runs like my Dad's tour and fan Experience and all that kind of stuff. So if you're ever going to one of my Dad's shows, look for HUD because He's the one that pulls you forward if there's going to be a guest on stage, like, HUD's the guy to know. And do you also want to talk about your whiskey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I see that in the background.
Speaker 5: I've got a partnership with Heart Truth out here in Indiana. We've started a Mellencamp whiskey we're doing right now. We are about to launch our third of limited release of our whiskey here. I'm on the twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Oh congratulations.
Speaker 4: And where do people buy it?
Speaker 5: You can buy it in thirty states, but we're all right now. We're doing a partnership with Reserve Bar so they can do We're doing a pre order right now, but you can just buy it online in pretty much any state. Develop let you do it. You can go to Mellencamp whiskey dot com.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, in closing, I have one final question, Hud can you sing? Because I know Teddy Camp? Well she can't. She's actually not too bad. You did you get the vocals?
Speaker 5: I'm the most stage right guy. Like, even if I could, I wouldn't. It wouldn't show him body.
Speaker 1: So you don't sit around on Thanksgiving and your dad plays guitar or whatever, and you guys.
Speaker 5: Sing, try not We try not to.
Speaker 1: Try not to. Really we played pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah remember that time we were talking about the Thanksgiving and in tears or football. We're not seeing it cool by eye after.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not a bonding experience.
Speaker 3: After we have a five hour cool down before we all kill each other.
Speaker 1: Right, So none of you kids sing not well, not well wow? Interesting?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hold, but spec spec are what our HUDs.
Speaker 3: Our youngest sibling he is artistic, so he at least has that, Like he's a beautiful painter, and my dad's also a painter, so he got some artistic jeans. But the rest of us, nah, just hard headed douchebags.
Speaker 2: One more Selvis question for hud Hut. We know, like what shows Teddy would want to go on? Is there one that's out there right now? I'd be like, Dan, this is if I could be on the show tomorrow and compete, this is what I want to do.
Speaker 5: I think what I came out, I think it was amazing. Raise me and Teddy dominate.
Speaker 3: And if that doesn't happen, I'm formally putting him up for Love Island, because yeah, you want to see the other side to hud you watch him in his dating life.
Speaker 4: I told him you just better do some setups, buddy, because if you get on this show, it would be TV gold.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're like one person removed from that, Like the person that casts Traders is also in charge of Love Island.
Speaker 3: So well, both of you guys were on Traders, so hook a brother up up.
Speaker 1: I could see you going on you it'd be.
Speaker 2: A great placement. And then like me said, sorry, I don't want to go down the rabbit hole. But if you're on the island, are you telling people? Are you just like under the radar?
Speaker 5: Well, my strategy for coming into Claim to Fame was just trying to be under the radar and then start making moves. One day they came there like we love to try, and I was like, let's go the same way. Just try to make friends, try and you know, figure out everyone's personalities, try and get in a little closer, and then start laying the hammer literally and physically.
Speaker 2: Nap.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, thank you guys so much for coming on talking a big game in Tuddy. I feel like I just talked to you an hour ago.
Speaker 3: We talked multiple times today already, but I'm so glad I could see you guys again.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we just want to thank you so much for taking your time, hut, thank.
Speaker 5: You for having me on here. Guys. This is a lot of fun and me and Teddy.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get your next job, yeah, guys, Thank you. Bye.