Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to fade this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what episode this is, but it is week seven of the college football season, Week six of the NFL season. Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, and Billy is manning the controls. We did not have a show last week because Drew rudely decided to take a vacation. Sorry about that, and you know he's he's irreplaceable. I was going to try to bring in you know, Pat McAfee, but I decided he couldn't do as well as as Drew. So well, we just took a week off, and now it's good to be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Of all the weekends I picked to kind of not pay close attention to college football, all hell broke loose. I ended up watching a lot of it on Saturday as best as I could. So you went to Maine. Went to Maine.
Speaker 2: That's a very very like FUFU place to go on a vacation. So did you eat like lobster and bisk?
Speaker 1: I had a bowl of clam chowder with every meal, no matter where I was, I probably had fourteen clam chowders and a lot of lobster. Even went out on a lobster boat. The tour guy there's probably twelve of us. He doesn't like give you an option. He's like, hey, man, get up, grab that lobster. Not a lot of training. He kind of points where to grab it. Next thing, you know, you're holding it. Did it bite you? No, it did kind of squirm. Not lie. I might have flinched and almost dropped it. Got a little bit of reaction. But the cool part was for ten American dollars, which I handed him. I got to then take the lobster from the boat into a restaurant holding it, and they cooked it for me.
Speaker 2: See, I think that's I wouldn't want that. I mean, didn't you feel responsible for its death?
Speaker 1: I did, But he explained to me they take it very seriously. Upon Yeah, he explained to me that why you shouldn't feel bad about killing a lobster because they wait to a certain point in it's life and it can't reproduce.
Speaker 2: Oh so wait a minute, so as soon as you can't reproduce JD.
Speaker 1: Vans, it should just be eating. I should probably let him explain it a little better, but he sold me well. He convinced me that I was doing the right thing. So drew is the jd vance of lobsters.
Speaker 2: He basically thinks, uh, lobsters after a certain age, there's no reason for them to be here, and they're sad if they don't have a wife.
Speaker 1: Is that kind of what you're saying. Yeah, And really my favorite part of the whole experience is no one else on the boat bought a lobster but me and my wife. It's it's it's very rude to buy something to eat it. But then we walk into a restaurant that's crowded and no one else is just holding a lobster. Just walk in like with a lobster in your hand. It was like still like it was in a brown paper bag, but mine had already in a paper bag, so it still alive. Yeah, it'd gotten a little wet, so my bag was mush And at this point I'm still not certain that it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Taking Could you have taken did you take it into any restaurant? Like take it to Whitney's.
Speaker 1: Like, actually, here's a crazy part. I know you were let you bring your food in. Actually, I don't know if Pete is gonna get me for this one. This seems safe because the boat let me do it, so I needed more cash to tip the guy because my tip money had been at the strip club no I spent. I didn't know I was gonna be able to buy a lobster with cash, So when I ran to the ATM, I asked the boat captain if he could just hold our lobster for a minute, and he just set it on like the sidewalk and we just left till the hot day. It probably took ten minutes. Then I came back and got my lobster off the sidewalk and took it into me. You left so like you really are an awful person.
Speaker 2: You not only picked out an animal like buy finger, go, I want to eat that one, You then decided to basically like take it out of its home in the water, put it to where it was suffocating on the sidewalk, leave it there just to sort of.
Speaker 1: Torture it before you ate it, and then going kill. Well, you know I felt that, and I even ran to the ATM because it felt wrong. But he's the professional, and I'm asking him what to do, and he's telling me they see.
Speaker 2: Phrase a guy on a boat, But he was really good. Do you think the guy whose job it is to catch lobsters, has the lobster's best interest at heart.
Speaker 1: They do seem to really care about I'm not kidding. They take it very seriously. Think they're they're lobsterring. Okay. I just the moment of standing in that restaurant. I looked at Abby and I was like, what if he was kidding? And we're just because no one else was carrying a lot around but the two of us.
Speaker 2: I've heard someone say that lobsters are the cockroaches of the sea.
Speaker 1: Did he he would have thrown me off the boat and stabbed me. Well, what's wrong with the cockroach? I'm just saying that they're the lobster are the kings of the sea to them. And this man had knuckle tattoos and I was not doing anything tattoo.
Speaker 2: I generally have a rule, don't fight a man with a knuckle tattoo, don't date a woman with knuckle tattoos. If you have those, you're you're you're probably not gonna work with me. Would you have picked up.
Speaker 1: The lobster I learned about their organ what I've just pass female Now, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Look at lobster penis a lot. It's kind of not. I mean, everybody's got their their thing that's not mine. So no, I don't think I would have picked it up. I don't feel the need to touch uh animals, So so no, I don't think I would have done that. I think it would have been nice to go on a boat and it's a great day and watch the and I'll eat a lobster. But like I don't, I don't want to break open a shell. I find that odd. I mean again, like if I were to eat a chicken, I don't want you to bring me the entire chicken and let me like cut through it needed I'd rather you take all that away. And so I don't understand why we like doing that with lobster.
Speaker 1: And I'm with you there.
Speaker 3: So you want your food to just show up, You're too squeamish to cut the head off the chickens.
Speaker 2: It's about being squeamers. I think it's about being respectful. I mean, like if I were to kill you, billy and decide to eat you, I don't want to see your face.
Speaker 1: I don't I just want your you just want me prepared. I want you prepared by someone else, Okay, and then and then eat it. So well, I'm glad you had. It was fun, but it sounds romantic. Yeah, great, sounds like a great It is a very cool place up there. I I didn't know what to expect the whole week in Maine. It really was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been a big advocate. I've told you about Maine for a long time. I've been a big advocate of going. We went to We went to Portland, Maine, a lap around Portland. Yeah, so, Billy, you've ever been.
Speaker 3: I was just in New Hampshire just this summer, so no same kind of thing, too Foddy, It's uh. I didn't feel as guilty eating the lobster, but I sure had a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well good, Well, I'm glad you are getting your your animal cruelty out of the way as we get back into football at please hide your dogs from from Drew.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 2: This weekend, I sliced my hand open, which is not I don't recommend it. It hurts, doesn't hurt as much anymore, but it's like feels very tight.
Speaker 1: You know. Have you actually like banged on something? That's the word over.
Speaker 2: I've got bruises on my hands because if I put weight on the wrong thing. It's in a terrible spot because if my pinky gets moved at all, it hurts. It's for people who don't listen to the regular show. It's over my little wrist bone and it bled a lot. You know, stitches. I was sitting here looking at this last night because it swelled up a little bit last night, so I was looking at it. Stitches. It feels like we should have advanced past the stitch. You know, they can stick things in any part of your body, like cameras and whatever, and still when you cut your skin, a guy takes out basically a spool of thread and a needle and just ties it. This is the exact same technology they had in like eighteen sixty on Civil War battlefields.
Speaker 1: They were doing that on Game of Thrones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so why you want some glue or something.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the technology should have advanced from from the Middle Ages, like they still. I mean, this is still like an open wound.
Speaker 1: I just feel you know, if you have heart.
Speaker 2: Surgery, the methods have gotten better, but stitches are the same as they've always been.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's because it just just works. I think they just decided we're good. Here, let's look at other things. I'm gonna ask the medical community try to make it a little better. Watch it would you want like lasers that seal it up? Here? Yeah? Watch? Why are there not lasers?
Speaker 2: Like to sit there and watch a guy take a needle and thread basically and tie my skin back together and then be like keep this in for two weeks and then come and we'll take it out.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there should be something better than Is that crazy?
Speaker 3: No, there are dissolvable ones now, but I guess it's not for You're.
Speaker 1: Still using a needle and threat. You're like, we should have a cream that you rub on there, and yes, laser cream.
Speaker 2: I don't know whatever. I put my hand in a thing and it comes out and I'm.
Speaker 1: Fine, Like a maker's mark wax to dip your dip your arm in a bucket and it just seals it up.
Speaker 2: That's just the whole experience of like going to the immediate care clinic and them just being like, yeah, there's nothing we can do about this.
Speaker 1: Like I came in with, you know, cancer, and then I go to the thing and they're like, yeah, we're gonna get some yarn. We gotta find a needle hobby lobby today, so we're ready to seal you up like we should be better.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it's it's swollen, and everybody I've now. I went and saw somebody and they were like, because you know, it's swollen, and I'm like, is this bad? And they go, no, it's just puss. Oh, I mean, do I need am I supposed to have puss? But I guess I guess you can have puss. So all of that to get you ready for college?
Speaker 1: Dun, dum, minutes in, let's go.
Speaker 2: I it's been two weeks since we picked, so I have no idea if I did well or not. So, so how did we do last? Last time we picked?
Speaker 3: Matt you were six five and one in your continuing records and Drew was eight three and one, which needed rebound for him. Compack season, the one push was Arkansas A and m our line was four and that game ended I believe twenty one seventeen in the NFL, both of you were four and four. So total, Matt you were ten nine and one last week or two weeks ago, Drew was twelve seven and one.
Speaker 4: Total.
Speaker 3: Matt you were forty four thirty five and one. Beautiful Drew is thirty eight forty one in one.
Speaker 1: Getting out the whole this week.
Speaker 2: Still doing well, I mean forty four, thirty five and one, like that's enough to buy your own lobster boat if you play all those games. I'm actually not doing well in the games I actually bet because I'm doing like seventeen teaser parl losing one. But I'm proud of this performance so far this year, and good for you to try to get game respectability.
Speaker 1: I used to just bet singles. I'm just betting this game, betting this game. I am here to tell you all. I love betting on tuddies. I have not hit one of the big parlays yet, but they're fun just to follow. Every Sunday I do a one o'clock win. I pick one player from every game. Every game, yep, sometimes they or I've gotten five out of seven and four out of six. Obviously that's losing, but it's just so much fun. And then at the four thirty game I do it again, so uh, it's more I guess losing my money since I haven't hit one yet. I did hit I hit a two tuddy parlay, hit the Cowboys game.
Speaker 2: Long shot, and what would the seven touchdown ones? How much would they pay you?
Speaker 1: Well, it really varies because sometimes I'll throw in a longer shot. But like one week I had it was like twenty dollars twenty eighteen, and another week it's twenty dollars to win nine hundred. It really depends on how you.
Speaker 2: If it's twenty dollars to win eighteen thousand, you need to win like one in your life.
Speaker 1: And it's worth yeah, and it's just fun.
Speaker 2: But I mean, don't you think well, actually no, it's a great idea. If you have a touchdown, you would like a tuddy and you're in for six. Remember, touchdowns matter more. At DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports book partner in the NFL, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns. Drew does it. You just heard it. If you're ready to place your first bet and join Drew in the land of touchdowns, go check out the DraftKings app. Promo code fade bet five get two hundred dollars. Excuse me, it's how excited I get about it. Number one place to bet touchdowns is DraftKings five bucks win two hundred dollars at DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Give me a guy for a touchdown this week? Trying to think, how about I mean Travis Kelsey still doesn't have one.
Speaker 2: I'll get Travis Kelsey going, No, they're off. First of all, I think the Chiefs are off this week. That's a good point. That's correct.
Speaker 1: In that case, I'm trying to get someone else on a drought. DeAndre Swift, DeAndre Swift, I felt it well, he had one last week. Us him up. I'll stick with him. You can go with DeAndre Swift. Right, how about at the end of the show we build more than one o'clock. It's just for fun.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. I'm gonna go with Dalton kink.
Speaker 1: There you go. I love betting on Dalton.
Speaker 2: Shot Dalton Kinkaid. So score back. Listen when Dalton Kincaid hits, I expect you to eat it. Billy score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook. And if you have a game of a problem called one hundred game where New York call eight seven seven eight hoping, why please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas. Twenty one plus. Age eligibility varies by destriction. Shut up, Ontario bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms responsible gaming reiny sources see DKNG, dot co, slash ft ball, twelve college games, some big ones, some big SEC games this week?
Speaker 1: What do you got? Let's sork right, we got a good slate. We're gonna start on Friday at ten thirty at night. Yeah, you canna be awake for that one big blue madness.
Speaker 2: Usually I fall asleep to one of these games.
Speaker 1: So what is it? Well, you have a little Utah rank sixteenth in the country at Arizona State, an Old PAC twelve matchup. Yeah, it was so. I think Utah starts with the Cam Rising will he will he not play? Debates? I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of whether or not Cam Rising is gonna play. I feel like you, first of all, I feel like you've said that sentence to me. What's every week free game this year? Is Cam Rising in a play? Has he played at all? I don't know he played in like week one or two?
Speaker 1: And so should we just every week Utah fans, it's like, is he back?
Speaker 2: This might be the week last time I'm doing it, and I'm supposed to really care whether or not Cam Rising plays.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a big difference, all right, And what's the spread? Utah is a six point favorite. Okay, so teams are four and one. They're going to Tempe.
Speaker 2: It's Friday Night, Billy Friday Night. Weird think Timmy Scottsdale. Beautiful people on on the planet at least then the women. I don't I haven't looked seen the guys. I don't think there's gonna be a lot of people at this game because it's gonna be like we are in. We're in like the most beautiful people place. Why am I watching to see if Cam Rising, Cam Rising and exhaustion too. They're they're tired of it. They want other things to rise. So there, so I think that's going to play into Utah's Arizona State is not going to have people there. Uh So I'm going to go Utah covers six.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Arizona State, assuming Cam Rising Rising.
Speaker 2: You've got to stop saying that you don't get to assume you have to pick.
Speaker 1: I'm explaining why I'm picking them. I am predicting that he does not play. Go back to the backup. Isaac Wilson Zach Wilson's younger brother. Is that right? Definitely not as good as Cam Rising would be. His mom is hot, that's true. And he looks just like Zach, like he was made for you know picture frame. Well, so I'm taking Arizona State under the assumption that the cam Rising watch continues.
Speaker 2: This really is a battle of the beautiful women of Tempe versus the hot mom of Utah.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a good looking game. I take the mom with the mom, going with the momm flitting right away on a Friday night, I'll go with the sun devils. All right, what's next? Go to a little South Carolina at Alabama. We all know what Alabama, how they're feeling right now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard for you to give me a spread where I'm not taking Alabama. Ya, So is it guess to spread? Is like twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: One, and I'm taking it. I think they're gonna kill him.
Speaker 2: My mom is calling me. She probably wants to get in on this game. I'm beg at that.
Speaker 1: I think Alabama is gonna be very mad and South Carolina just won't be able to score enough points.
Speaker 2: So South Carolina has, you know, got a decent defense you do, and Vandy was able to put pressure on mill Row. But I'm I can't pick South Carolina. Wish I would stay away from this game in real life, But for the purpose of this I'll take Alabama.
Speaker 1: I like, while we were talking Tuddies earlier that Alabama freshman Ron Williams, he's so good to watch him for add here, Well, what are you doing at seventeen? That was as impressive? Nothing cool working in a fast food rushtaurant.
Speaker 2: Have you ever noticed any time you talk about a seventeen year old, someone will go, well, if you can die for our country.
Speaker 4: He can die, but not drink a beer.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's the thing. Well, he can't even die for our country. No, he's not even allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 2: He can play for the national championship this year and is a contender for the Heisman. Has been crazy good so far.
Speaker 4: I can't eat mrs, but can get CTE?
Speaker 1: Is that something somebody says?
Speaker 4: I know, I just made that up. I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: Can eat mr We can't, he can't. He can get You can't m r E eat our m r e s, but he can get CTE. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a little bit of a political statement and also a medical statement. It's quite a combination there, Bill.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna stick with that one? Is that we're gonna carry it on after the show? Was that ever?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 4: I hope we just leave it right there.
Speaker 2: This has nothing to do with this so perfect this podcast. But did you hear the senator from Louisiana talk about Harris going on Call Her Daddy? I did not the only reason like he didn't want her to do it, or I don't know what he wanted. But it's the guy. He sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I want you to listen to this and just try not to laugh. I guarantee you're gonna think this it's a Senator John Kennedy, not the dead one. Okay, okay, for being stupid.
Speaker 1: And then finally, you can't make this stuff up. Uh. Finally, the last couple of days, the Vice President goes on some show.
Speaker 3: Called call Call her Daddy, or call your Daddy or or Who's.
Speaker 1: Me daddy or something Call me Daddy. I'm like, who's your daddy? Better and and and among other things she's talking about about about tampons. I'm sorry, that's everything about that is hilarious to me. Call Who's daddy? Who's your daddy? Called me daddy, and she's talking about paying pawns. Sorry, I got to hear him say about tampon.
Speaker 2: Oh, an old man saying tampons to me is really funny, Drew, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, not knowing where he was going that he said talking about that's not what I thought he was gonna shout. I don't know what he's gonna say.
Speaker 2: But all the things she could have talked about on call him, call him? Call me Daddy's at the name of the show, Call her daddy.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing off. Yeah, he's made it where I don't know the name of the show. The fact that the thing that offended him was tampons. Yeah, I don't know if he listened to that whole episode, and I don't know if that may be a show for him. Well other talking about tampons.
Speaker 4: All right, Billy, Uh call her daddy by the way, all.
Speaker 1: Right, there you go, Alex Cooper, Is that all right? What's next? Uh? Clemson at wake Forest, Clemson, count of hot warree four in a row. They're at twenty point favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Clemson will win by forty forty. Yeah, Clemson's good. Wake Forest bad. Wake Forest will have no one there. Clemson's very close, so their whole fan base will come because they don't have anything else to do. Clemson, this is like a domination. They have a big game for Uh, We'll got a little kid Clubnick.
Speaker 1: He's been bawling.
Speaker 2: I know, Wake Forest back because when Lane Kiffin was talking about Kentucky after we beat him, he was like, no offense to who we've played, but basically everyone sucked.
Speaker 1: But these guys. So I like Clemson here too, and I feel like they're still hungry after that week one whooping they took. I think they have Miami coming up this week. They've won their last four games pretty pretty handly. All right, so we're we're on. Now We're going to USC where James Franklin has problems with getting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so we got to do that for a second. Did you see James frank on the day. What a whiny little googer.
Speaker 1: So for people who don't know, I guess the State College Airport is not big enough for a jet to fly out of to go to LA because it needs too much fuel in.
Speaker 2: The runway or whatever. Runways too short, runway too short. And he was like, so we have to take an hour bus ride to Harrisburg. And he was acting like he was talking about having to go serve in World War One.
Speaker 1: Then they went a day early. He's really upset about the airport. I thought when he started, they were gonna have to drive to the game. And he was talking about driving one hour to Harrisburg on shuttles. You know, I drive one hour to CVG went on five places, great airport in northern Kentucky. I don't complain to a.
Speaker 2: Hard time coaching at a lot of places. Can you imagine? I mean, we gotta go to and he said Harrisburg like he was going to the pits of hell harris Burg. You know, Drew and I have been to not one, but two bachelorette parties in Arisburg.
Speaker 1: Unrelated bachelorrette, not.
Speaker 4: Bachel Was this the same trip or different trip?
Speaker 1: That's why we call it the bachelorette Capital of the world. Everyone thinks it's Nashville, but when you're bat in a thousand.
Speaker 2: We've been twice and both times have found ourselves in the middle of a bachelorette party.
Speaker 4: So what's happening there?
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: Told you a little pedal bus.
Speaker 2: The thing is in Pennsylvania, in the middle of Pennsylvania. It's like the only thing. It's really the only place to stop between Pittsburgh and in.
Speaker 1: Philly, which is like five hours.
Speaker 2: So if you unless you want to drive all the way to Philly, you're gonna end up stopping in Harrisburg, which is the state capital.
Speaker 1: Do you think James Franklin's mad because they have to pay all those tolls across Pennsylvania Pennsylvanian. We went through there that time. We were like thirty cents short, and we thought they'd wave us on, and they made us both get out and go inside. Yeah, I like I was going through my luggage, get out of the car and sit here and work it off. Son, What did we even do? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I think finally they I gave them my info and they mailed it to me. It's like, literally, very seriously, will cost more than this is they must get out of the car.
Speaker 3: You and borders and tolls and having to get out of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen most of them.
Speaker 2: We're very spoiled in Kentucky with tolls because like, you know, a lot of states, there's a lot of tolls.
Speaker 1: They had tolls. I was driving all over the place.
Speaker 2: I mean, New Jersey, Pennsylvania is just one huge toll and we just don't have them, you know, like you just get to drive. Like when they put the toll between Louisville Southern Indiana. I'm ready to like vote Republican.
Speaker 4: I'll go around it.
Speaker 2: Every single Republicans like tolls because they'd rather have that than like income taxes.
Speaker 1: But nevertheless, I don't like tolls. While we're talking traveling, have my fade this travel stat of the day. You know, I've had a lot of travel stats this season. This year big ten teams traveling two or more time zones are one and seven, and so maybe there's something to this.
Speaker 2: So what's the spread that this one's a hard one for Penn State. Yep, yeah, see that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I have no idea on USC was eleventh last week and then lost at Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick USC to cover, but I have no idea. There's no result here that would surprise me. Has Penn State played anybody? Not really, but they've looked.
Speaker 1: They mean Illinois, I think Andrew uh aler alara, how do you pronounce it? Aler? He's uh, He's been looking good this season. Finally I'm gonna take Penn State. Okay, even though actually I think that are you? Are you factoring in the bus ride to here for him? And I think they're the place that's just crazy enough that that runway will be longer within two years.
Speaker 2: Oh, he said, we need to extend the runway. He goes for for the community.
Speaker 1: Clearly the community.
Speaker 2: Has been fine with it for a long time. Right, and he goes for businesses. How many businesses need a jet to fly to l a wold that and hold a hundred and fifty people flying out of state college there? How many flights could even conceivably that effect, and even they did.
Speaker 1: Wooden minds a quick stop to fulfill somewhere. Fine, going to Harrisburg. It's an hour away with bachelorette parties. Maybe he's worried about his players around all the bachelerette parties in Harrison.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of bachelorette in Harrisburg.
Speaker 1: Right, Even though I just like James S. Franklin, I'm roll with him. We got the Red River rivalry in Dallas, the SEC's first Red River Rivalry. Texas is a fifteen point favorite against Oklahoma. So you know, I was supposed to go to this, Billy, Really, we're supposed to go to Dallas this week. I was gonna ask you that I thought that was this week got canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you watch ESPN, you probably think it's.
Speaker 1: A well oiled machine. We got on right now. Look how smooth it looks. That didn't look like well, I wish our listeners.
Speaker 2: Hey there's Brian winhor first. You know what, like they got their stuff down. No, if we were supposed to go, they were going to do college Game Day at the Red River Rivalry.
Speaker 1: That's so hard to say. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Speaker 2: And then we were going to do the NFL show outside of Cowboys Stadium, and I guess there, have you ever been there?
Speaker 4: I've been to Dallas, not the Cowboys Stadium.
Speaker 2: I guess there's like the equivalent of like a pavilion that's got like forty restaurants and stuff in and outside, and we were going to do it there, and from what I understand, I guess ESPN just forgot to ask the logistics guys that ESPN asked if we could be there, and so then like Monday they I guess somebody's like, has anyone asked if we can be there? And that I guess they just said no. So now we're not going.
Speaker 1: But I was going to do the uk V and the pregame show from the Red River rival. That would have been really cool. I was.
Speaker 2: I had it set up where, and I had it set up for I was going to be able to do it right outside the stadium, like in the tailgate lot and the game would have been going on.
Speaker 1: How cool would that? A bit? And someone just forgot to send email and that's someone was ESPN, Drew Windhorse himself, Brian or Brian a true who is that I to college with therese? That's who didn't call was Drew win. So now I'm not going. It stinks. So what is the spread? Uh? The spread? I believe in just fifteen it's big spread, big spread. Quinn yours likely back? Okay, Oklahoma won last year and a thriller.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, this game is always close, even when one team's a lot better than the other, it's always close. I'm gonna say Oklahoma covers at fifty.
Speaker 1: I think Texas is by far the best team in the country, even better than Ohio State. But I'm taking Oklahoma. Yeah, it feels like they always statements.
Speaker 2: I mean there were years where Oklahoma was really good and it felt like Texas played them down to the why I think they even beat them one year when they weren't good at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, uh, Mississippi State, who's not good, played Texas alright last week as a thirty something point favorite.
Speaker 2: Is Mississippi State the only like completely dog poop team in the SEC?
Speaker 1: YEP, Florida's has shown signs of life. Yeah, the Alburn's playing though, Yeah, you Freeze wins nine out of ten times. It's just those haven't happened yet. He's got a great record in his mind. But to answer your question, yes, Mississippi State, they're They're the team. They're in the basement, right, so we both like Oklahoma. Congratulations to Vandy, not just on Alabama, but for not being in the basement. That's been their seat forever and finally they.
Speaker 2: Had someone a long term is in trouble as a program. I think Mississippi State, of all the programs in the SEC now outside of Andy, they're the ones with the least bright future in the current Innisle world.
Speaker 1: They have to share a state with.
Speaker 2: A school that has all the rich people in the state, and they produce players but not a time And I just think and they're I mean, they're gonna have a hard time attracting coaches. I think they have the least bright future of any program in the SEC.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not a good starting point that they're in right now to try to get things rolling.
Speaker 4: They're good, they're dirty cheaters.
Speaker 1: You know, as a Kentucky fan, why do we have Mississippi State is a permanent opponent? When they were good in the moment, they go to nothing. Not on the schedule. Now we're going to get South Carolina. We got the number one ranked to Dak Prescott. Mississippi State, we did, but in general, of the teams we could have gotten in the West, they were a good win to get. Yeah, even though they seem to win most of them. What's next? Well, right on Q, Mississippi State heading to Georgia as a thirty four point fit. My geez, Missispi State.
Speaker 2: We were talking about what was the biggest spread for an SEC game? And uh, what was that thirty five, and now we got another one that's thirty four.
Speaker 1: Actually, Texas was a thirty eight and a half point favored against Missipipi. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, she guys both took Texas and they did not cover.
Speaker 1: It was a two touchdown game in the fourth quarter. I'm gonna take Mississippi State to cover the thirty four and three quarters in three quarters. See, you know there's another Georgia arrest. No way driving. No, this one's domestic issue, but I mean, just another one. You no discipline. It feels like they do have an abnormal amount, but then like their team doesn't play like they don't have discipline. So it's even when urban Meyer had those crazy statistics for the rest, this seems I just meant the sheer amount they wanted to show.
Speaker 4: By the way, the new one I have, I've heard.
Speaker 2: One this afternoon about it's awful. The re enacting looks terrible.
Speaker 1: I've seen.
Speaker 2: It's like they cast the worst actors, all of them. Everyone is terrible. The guy who plays Aaron Hernandez is okay, but like the guy that plays Brady and Gronk and and Belichick. It's like they tried to get like people do it impersonations at Comedy off Broadway.
Speaker 1: Like I think I've seen clips too where you know, you don't expect actors to be great athletes, but like the guy playing Brady does not know how to hold football at all, so like when they throw it just doesn't even look like a real I mean, Gronk.
Speaker 2: They have Gronk like he's a cartoon character.
Speaker 1: He's like Hood but I ain't wrong.
Speaker 4: So like, not so bad that it's good, just bad.
Speaker 2: It's entertaining, it's how bad but it's awful and I assumed, I mean, I didn't think it'd be good. But you know, some of those kind of shows, I mean, like The Menandez Brothers from what what I've seen, is not necessarily.
Speaker 1: Good, but it's it's fine.
Speaker 4: The OJ one was OJ one was great, but this is not good.
Speaker 1: I like them and his brothers. That's sorry, it's been good so far. Yeah, what's next?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do we have so that you're taking three quarters? I didn't give it three quarters. I got Missippi State covering. Okay, another good one in the SEC Florida at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Not gooden Tennessee wins well It's pretty.
Speaker 1: Big spread for a team that's lost what is it seventeen out of nineteen. They're a fifteen and a half point favorite. Florida has had two pretty good weeks after a rough start.
Speaker 2: I will say Florida covers the fifteen and a half. I assumed it was gonna be like eleven, so I see this as a twelve point game.
Speaker 1: I like Florida here too, just with the history. And Tennessee is weird this year. We think of hypel and throwing it around, but they're fifth in the country and rushing and a lot saw.
Speaker 2: Hypeowl after his first year has been seven and seven in in SEC games, seemed like I thought he was a lot better than that.
Speaker 1: And uh, I think I'd e written done her somewhere. His home versus road record is like a drastic difference.
Speaker 2: Who fluctuates more in white him or Stoops. It's a great question because he's he looks skinnier. Now, I would say Stoops fluctuates more.
Speaker 1: I have Stoops goes in waves, but I see hypels fat usually most of the time. Well, that is a horrible color for a hiding steps gets to wear black. Yeah, wearing black is a huge, a huge advantage for stoops. I mean, you can't it's hard to look thin.
Speaker 2: Plus he he does that thing, which which I understand when I've had heavier moments. You want to do your your desires to wear bigger and bigger clothes, but it doesn't help it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just looks more like a poncho exactly, and so like his suits look like ponchos. I really enjoyed ten see postgame show Saturday. They were mad. I watched the game and enjoyed. I didn't hear the post game. I wasn't that sick in the head to go seek out their upset callers Tonio, and.
Speaker 2: Then I switched over to the other one a little bit later, and they they were mad. I wish I had the talent to just let people rent.
Speaker 4: You can't help yourself.
Speaker 1: I just can't help.
Speaker 2: Myself when people it's hard for me just to let a guy go.
Speaker 1: But when they go and their goal their goal and they're on, they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's next? Maybe the game of the week little Ohio State at Oregon number two versus number three. Ohio State is a three point favorite game is at Ohio State or Yeah, I like Ohio State.
Speaker 2: To win and cover. I think Ohio State's really good. I actually don't think Organ's very good. It's a very cool This is two verse three. First time MBC has had a game between two of the top three teams in the country since the famous nineteen ninety three Florida State Notre Dame Game of the Century, which is what they called that Billy back in the day. Who could forget I mean I was, I remember I was one of the most hyped football games of all time.
Speaker 1: I mean they literally called it the game of the century. And now you get Ohio State. Oregon doesn't feel like that, but the conference showdown, so hard to think of these things as conference. Good quarterback matchup, your boy Will Howard versus Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will be fun. But I think Ohio State winings.
Speaker 1: I think the Buckeyes do too. I mean, they're ranked one to two, so this isn't a hot take, but I think Texas and Ohio State are on their own tier right now, above everyone else.
Speaker 2: But do what you think if Georgia and Alabama played them, they'd have a good just as much of a chance to beat them.
Speaker 1: I mean, like from a talent perspective, They're not going to be It's not a huge gap, but I think they are on another level. Like I would pick Texas to beat just about anybody in Ohio State too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I think there's I don't think anyone's great though this year. I think everyone is beatable. I mean we almost beat Georgia. Vandy did beat Alabama. Uh you know Missispi State? Didn't they lead Texas at halftime? I don't remember that. I know Ohio State killing Iowa was a pretty big star.
Speaker 1: Marshall got up thirteen to three or something else. True, So, but I also like the buck Eye. What time is this game? Noon? Or seven? Seven thirty? Yeah, would be nine am there, but seven thirty game? About another seven thirty game? Another two ranked teams. Ole Miss at LSU have strong feelings about this. Ole Miss is a three and a half point favorite in Death Valley. Love LSU, me too, love LSU.
Speaker 2: I think I'm not sure how great Old Miss is, but I actually think LSU is good. Obviously, they got upset in that first game of the year, and that that sort of clouds people's vision, but they.
Speaker 1: Kind that one away too, And Lane Kiffin's never won really a big game.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's one of the things people don't as as as he pulled off an upset I think against Alabama, but like as a favorite, he's yet to win a big game.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna take LSU. I like LSU a lot. Here. I'm just trying to think if they start doing that stupid falling down in Death Valley in a night game, those fans are going to go crazy, you know, faking the injuries. So do you know if he was shaking? He was so mad and he said they did it eleven times, and it's the same guy a lot, and it's the same guy.
Speaker 2: Apparently that guy has fallen fourteen times during the season, the same Matt. No, it's a defensive player.
Speaker 1: And it's only after the other team gets a first down.
Speaker 4: He just thinks that after a first down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they've got to start enforcing that because old Miss is clearly and like they're being called on it and they're still doing it, so clearly they don't care.
Speaker 1: They figured out that it's or they assume it's an advantage even if it is getting called because they've done to do a lot.
Speaker 2: Do the thing where I said you have to sit out like the drive the drive, or like eight plays like a number, because if you do that then I think that you know, they'd have to put in somebody who stinks to do it, and then you're vulnerable when you do that. I think, like eight plays, it feels like the right them out right.
Speaker 1: I like that. I'm interested to see that crowd reaction though, when they're doing it night game at LSU. LSU is two to zero as a home underdog under Brian Keilly.
Speaker 2: Baton Rouge, by the way, is the place with the most restaurants that have apostrophees.
Speaker 1: In their name. Is that an official statistic?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's like in a book, but I noticed everything's like mas or Billie's or Grannies, Like there's a ton of that stuff in there.
Speaker 1: A lot of people own in their restaurant.
Speaker 2: I think I could eat. We think it's the best state for food in America. Louisiana to me is probably my pick.
Speaker 1: I'm a big Cajun guy. I haven't been to Baton Rouge high on my bucket list, but several trips to New Orleans, and I love Cajun food. What about you?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm thinking like barbecue, So maybe like Texas.
Speaker 2: Texas is good good pick because you can get like a lot of text max and then if you're depending on what city you're in, you could get other culinary options.
Speaker 1: I like the variety in Orlando. I might consider Florida Orlando. Yeah, I mean pretty much killed whatever you want, sure, olive Garden. New York oddly has every kind of food except like getting down and dirty food. Trying to find barbecue in New York are you talking in the city, the city. Yeah, you can't find barbecue or sort of down home and you can't find it in New York. There's a good barbecue spot in Brooklyn. I think it's called Hometown.
Speaker 3: There was like a New York barbecue scandal thing ten years ago.
Speaker 4: People are like, great, this barbecue is well.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn's been trying to become a barbecue.
Speaker 4: Think going slice of meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's terrible. I've listen, I've been.
Speaker 2: You know, I spent a lot of time there and sometimes I wanted barbecue, and I went to the place that's considered the best. It's where they do big college football Saturdays, and it was fine, but it would be like third best place in Owensboro.
Speaker 1: There's another one, maybe not in New York City. Dinosaur Barbecue. It's up in Syracuse. I think there's one end.
Speaker 2: But even that, I like Dinosaur Barbecue, but it's like their attempt at Southern and Texas barbecue.
Speaker 1: It's not everything.
Speaker 2: You can find great food of any culinary tradition in New York except Southern food.
Speaker 1: You know, there's not many which is and even when you find one, it's like a uppity. They're trying to put their twist on Southern food. Like no, just pour gravy on there, like watching it. Just give me lots of gravy and for everything, it's Southern food, but with a Vietnamese taste. I haven't seen that point in Queens. What's next? I'm hungry. Now that's next. How about we stay here in Lexington Vanderbilt, Kentucky. Kentucky is thirteen and a half. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm picking Vanderbilt. I think we're gonna win, but thirteen and a half is too much. I would say thirteen and a half is almost too much. I mean, it's probably the right number, but it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Closer than that. This is one of those fishy lines. Normally, I would not even care about who the teams are. I'm just watching, like so many of the bets have been on Vanderbilt. So many Kentucky fans say they're gonna they think Vanderbilt covers, but the line keeps going the other way. It does, and that's one of the ones where it's like, what's going on in Vegas? So I'm gonna actually take Kentucky even though the fan in me is like, what fourteen thirteen and a half points? But sums up with that money. Those Sharps and Vegas are up to something and I see it. So I want to be on their side and not with everyone just going with what seems like the popular pick. Here. Yeah, I think from a football standpoint, I think it should be a close game. I'm just watching that line movement, something something smells.
Speaker 2: I think that's a fair point. But I still feel like I know Kentucky games better than Vegas. In Kentucky. This game, Kentucky will win, but they're gonna win it like twenty to ten or twenty three to thirteen. I don't think it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: I do think that the Kentucky defense is gonna play well against Babio. They've seen all this Heisman stuff. That's when they like to step up and ruin some guy's popularity. He was gonna get hit. Yeah, remember when Anthony Richardson, they were acting like he's the best thing ever in Kentucky absolutely ruined him and tweeting about it after the game, and they scored forty on Bama.
Speaker 4: So they're not doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're doing that either. Do you like Chapel Roan? I I learned about her through you a few weeks ago, and I haven't learned a lot more on this show. Have you heard the latest controversy?
Speaker 4: Not a fan, but no, I haven't heard the new thing.
Speaker 2: Well, why are you faus? I said that, like you had strong opinions about her.
Speaker 3: It's just a little too much for me, a little too poppy.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's boppy. You're more of a hardcore Yeah, you like a little more artistic. What kind of music do you like?
Speaker 4: I like hip hop? Nineties hip hop.
Speaker 1: If I got in your car right now and hit play on whatever, it would below.
Speaker 2: I mean, you weren't even really alive though during nineties hip hop. You are a little kid.
Speaker 4: No, that was my dad, I guess.
Speaker 2: So what are your nineties hip hop groups?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know ice Cube?
Speaker 2: So you're and your dad when you were like seven, he just put on check yourself before you wreck yourself?
Speaker 1: Are bad for your hair? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was That was really the genre down there in Tampa, Florida, which, by the way, I hope yeah family there.
Speaker 4: No family, but some friends.
Speaker 1: So okay. Well that's uh, I hope, I hope everybody is is okay.
Speaker 2: The reason I bring her up is, I don't know, have you seen the controversy about her and her presidential thing?
Speaker 1: I have not, So they asked her, who who are you for? For president? Which I don't know why why do they ask people like her just so that everybody can break it down like who cares?
Speaker 2: But she goes, I'm not endorsing anyone, as if like as if she's the New York Times, you know, endorsing someone. Well, her fans didn't like that because they were like, like, you're supposed to be this like gay icon, and you won't even endorse someone against Trump. So then she comes out and says, well, I'm voting for Harris, but I'm not endorsing her now I don't even.
Speaker 4: Know what that means, trying to play it down the middle.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Like, I'm not what is the difference between voting and endorsing.
Speaker 3: Voting is you got to pick one of the two evils. Endorsing would be I support this candidate, But.
Speaker 2: By voting, you are by necessity if I've vote for her, and so does Chapel Rome what's in her mind is not going to change the outcome right well now? And of course then made Trump fans Matt, They're like, I ain't letting my daughter listen to your music, Commie Halla. So now she's getting she found a way to make everyone. So then she announces she has like these dates set up in like Madison Square card. She cancels them all and she says, I'm taking time off. This has been too much with all the criticism, which look, I'm all for mental health breaks, you know whatever, but part of me goes, you know, people say she's the new Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: She I mean, think about what Taylor Swift gets. Oh yeah, if you think about the criticism she gets. And like Chapel's like, I can't this is too much, it's too much. So I don't know, Drew.
Speaker 2: I think you rather you should just what. Let's say you were Chapel Rome and I said who you're gonna vote for? And you didn't want to say, what's your answer?
Speaker 1: Probably just say I I keep that to myself and like, move on. I mean, are you somewhere where they're going to keep asking you? If not, I'm like, none of your business, okay, So you just go like no, maybe not that direct, but you know, I'd rather keep that to myself something like that. I would just do my best to move on to and I go, but I need you to take a stand. This is important. Please. Then what are you going to say? I would say, well, I have other fans that also want me to take a stand their way, and I would rather not divide my listeners. Like Michael Jordan, Republicans buy shoes too, that was his famous line. Yeah, probably probably okay. Or you could lie and just be like I go in there and I flip a coin, so I'll to fate. You can't be mad at worse. Be mad at the coin. I think that's worse. I think you're better off saying no comment. Then yeah, I would. I'd probably hit them with a no comment. What would you do, Billy?
Speaker 3: I would refuse to answer. You would yeah, I wouldn't go none of your business. I would just say I'm not educated on the manner that's.
Speaker 1: I think that's worse too. I'm not hearing.
Speaker 4: I'm not a person, not really my thing educated to think or.
Speaker 1: Stick with no comments. I think you too have found a way to make worse answers than Chapel wrote. I guess what my boy to bringing this up, besides hearing your alls terrible answers, is why can't you just say and then move on? You do that like most celebrities, we know who they're voting for, everyone moves on. I guess I also don't understand, like all this pressure they're feeling. What is it Instagram comments or people outside their house yelling at them? I mean, if it's Instagram comments, not so bad.
Speaker 2: They're so mad You're worried about Billy outside your house and screaming at you. If you pick a side, yes, that's it, Okay, all right, what's next?
Speaker 1: More pr advice if you'd like it? Billion II are here? Wait? Do we both pick there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I picked the cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I always state at West Virginia. I always state eleventh ranked in the country, and they are a three point favorite in Monatown. I do not care about this game at all. I have notes for every game. This one I couldn't even bother. There's nothing written down. I can't imagine putting two teams. I mean maybe if Minnesota was playing somebody, I'd care less. I think they're the most boring team.
Speaker 4: About Neil Brown, that's true.
Speaker 2: I'll pick West Virginia because I like Neil and and it'd be nice for him to get a big home win against a good team.
Speaker 1: I was going to pick them too, simply on atmosphere. That's a tough place to play. I always State might be due for a letdown somewhere, so I will take whatever that state and you have to drive to Pittsburgh to fly. Remember I was it Huggins. Somebody complained about having to do that for recruiting a lot. Yeah, so Neil Brown should be like James Franklin, like suck it. I don't do this for every single game. Come extend this runway, all right? We have one more? Yes, we do, oh big twelve after dark? This will be a fun is you not? Oh no, no, it's Texas. Okay, go ahead. I thought Georgia Texas was It's not go ahead? Yeah. Kansas State at Colorado is that like my teams are? Yeah, ten fifteen. I love a late night Colorado game.
Speaker 2: They're always crazy. I do like that, the the Big ten and all that. You know, like Rutgers was playing last week at ten thirty at night. Can you imagine being a Rutgers fan and you have to play at ten thirty at night.
Speaker 1: When the Pac twelve went away, I was genuinely sad because I get home very late from Kroger Field, and I love those games that are on at one am, and I thought I'd lose that. But the Big twelve has kind of come around.
Speaker 2: It's discovered that those actually do pretty well in the ratings because it's the only game on. So I bet you're going to see even more kind of good games put there because for the West Coast, it's still it's still prime prime time in the in the evening.
Speaker 1: So what's the spread. Kansas State is a four and a half point favorite. I don't want Colorado to be good. I don't think they are. I'm gonna take Kansas State, but I wouldn't shock me if Colorado won this game. They got some similar resumes here both four and one. Colorado's lost was to Nebraska Kansastate lost at BYU.
Speaker 4: You guys have written off Colorado there early in the season.
Speaker 1: I did hand up that was that was too early. I crowned Nico too early, and I rode off Colorado too early. I'm taking Colorado here here as I expect chaos. Kansas State runs the ball a lot. They're one of the top in the country at rushing. If they can get where Colorado gets up early a little bit and they have to throw, this could be a good night for Colorado, right, I like it. So we split there. So there's your picks.
Speaker 2: So far everything we've been really really good at least one of us and the other one's been all right. And now you can you can make your place. And I don't have to do the Draftings Act because I already did it.
Speaker 4: Already did it.
Speaker 2: So uh, let's go ahead and let's go to the NFL eight games.
Speaker 1: Is that what? Yeah? We usually pick eight games.
Speaker 4: Did you think Aaron Rodgers got Robert Solid fired?
Speaker 1: Of course he did. Oh? Absolutely, I mean that's not a debate again. We always end up talking about McFee on this. But McAfee acts like, because Aaron Rodgers said it, that that makes it true. He goes, there's been a lot of misinformation out there about Aaron rod let's clear this up. Oh well, if Aaron Rodgers said it, then that must be true. I mean, is the earth round Aaron? I watched that game Sunday morning and thought, as soon as that plane lands, he's getting fired.
Speaker 2: Did you see there is a report today that Woody Johnson, that's a guy's name move that he fired him because he had taken a lot of friends to London because he was the ambassador to England when Trump was president, that he had like hundreds of British friends come to the game, and he said they were.
Speaker 1: He was embarrassed in front of him. That's right, That's why I did it. That's what that's what's being reported. This morning. I saw another report that he made a switch who's calling plays on Tuesday and five minutes after he told you know, I forget the names who it was, Yeah, Hackett, Nathan Hackett. As soon as he told him, he got fired. Just five minutes later.
Speaker 2: Another conversation I mean, they had that look I got. I'm not saying Robert SR. Was a good coach, but do you need to escort him out of the building?
Speaker 1: Like what was the election? Right?
Speaker 2: Come on, what do you think he's gonna do? Like you think he's gonna think he's gonna bomb the place? Like I mean, the Jets seem like just a disaster of an organization. And I know a lot of Jets fans in my life that's just kind of happened, and they all are so sad about the existence. And I'd actually liked him to be good, but I'm not Untilion Rodgers's.
Speaker 1: Gun he ran out with that flag American flag, and it had been all downhill ever since.
Speaker 2: I don't wish injury on anybody, but when he ran out of that flag after that off season of whatever, and then he tore his achilles on the four play, I was like.
Speaker 1: Eh, I don't think he looks good though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I watched all of that game Sunday because I was doing ESPN and it was on and we had to kind of keep up with it.
Speaker 1: He looked terrible. They're in the second half when he got rolled up, I thought that was the last time we were gonna see him. He ended up walking off the field, but it looked really bad. I even said to I was watching the game with I said that we're seeing Aaron Rodgers for the last time. But then he walked it off. But he was getting killed. The only person with the worst pr than Jepparone is him. I mean that dude could have been beloved. He could have spent his life in the sort of football emeritus role. And it's like it's not gonna happen now. Nope. So yes, But to answer your question, yes, of course a Rodgers. Yeah, that he was embarrassing from his British friends. It sounds like embarrass Woody Johnson in front of his lads, his lads, blokes. Is that part of the game. I forgot? Why were we talking about that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I just blurted it out.
Speaker 1: He just blurted it out. I was like, are we picking the Jets? What is the age you have to change your name from Woody? I feel like you could be Woody? Is it Woodward? Is that how you get the name of wood You know, one of my good friends his name Woody, and I actually have never thought about I think that's just his first name. I don't think it's true. It's like wood I could be wrong, but I've known him muddy as Woody since we were little.
Speaker 4: Robert wood Johnson the fourth.
Speaker 2: His wood is his middle name. And he didn't want to go by Bobby or wood Is wood Is Woody worse than would.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: No, I've heard Woody before he went by wood I'd have some taste.
Speaker 2: If your name was wood I'd be a little scared of you. Sounds like a tough kid.
Speaker 1: I think being woody also depends where you are. There's some places where you kind of need a Woody around, you know, like what part of the country living in Yeah, exactly New York, Miami. I mean, yeah, what he needs to be needs to be kind of a country guy. Oh, okay, you know what I'm saying, Like, oh, that's Woody over there, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I just feel like it's hard to call seventy five.
Speaker 1: Year old man woody. He should not call himself Woody.
Speaker 2: Who are the most famous Woody Woody Allen.
Speaker 1: I doubt there are many seventy five year old Woodies anywhere.
Speaker 2: Now, Bob Doe will help that. That's, by the way, one of the weirder moments of American history. Bob Doe loses the presidential race. You're like, what's next for Bob Doe?
Speaker 1: And he's out doing man the people. I don't think enough credits given for how strange that was. Has there ever been a presidential of Canada in history that people thought about their erections less than Bob Doe? And then he's just like, I'm changing mi image.
Speaker 4: Woody harrelds, Okay, what are you from? Toy Story?
Speaker 1: Wow? Those are three pretty good ones?
Speaker 4: All I got.
Speaker 1: That's a good did a nice job. What are you allen? Yeah? I said that he's he a little tainted later in his life. Yeah, not the best.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't think his movies are good, just the whole. It's just the right the relationship done. So yeah, first of all, he's ninety years older than everyone in it. He's a dork and he's in all of them. You know, like every movie has him being like the romantic interest and I'm like, no.
Speaker 1: One wants to date you, So what do you have a lot of confidence? It seems it seems like all right, what's next? Well that sets the table for San Francisco at Seattle on Thursday night. Forty nine ers are a three and a half point favorite. San Francisco and Seattle. San Francisco two and three, zero and two on the road.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take San Francisco again Thursday night. Generally like the home team, San Francisco has not played particularly well. I'm gonna take San Francisco. I would like it better if it was two and a half, but I'll still take it at three.
Speaker 4: Now it is in Seattle. He said, you like the home.
Speaker 2: Teams Seattle at home. Wait a minute, so San Francisco three and a half point paper at Seattle?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, they give me Seattle. Totally flipping that. Yeah, if sounds getting three and a half at home with.
Speaker 1: The NFL's leading passer, Gino Smith. Dude, never mind, give me Seattle. I like Seattle to getting points here too. They've lost two in a row, but they'll cover that three and a half.
Speaker 4: Oh the tendon Ninas in McCaffrey's legs.
Speaker 2: I'm really surprised by that spread. I would have thought San Francisco three and a half would be what it would be.
Speaker 1: If it was in If it was in San Francisco. The fact that it's that in Seattle is crazy? All right? What's next? How about a little h What are we gonna do? Bucks Saints one o'clock game? It is in New Orleans, another road favorite. Tampa is laying three and a half New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Derek Carr will miss this game. Spencer Rattler starting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so give me Tampa me too. Spencer Rattler wasn't even good in college.
Speaker 4: Him or some other guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know the other I announced.
Speaker 2: They announced Spencer Rattler as the quarterback and go with a little Liam Cohen here. Yeah, and Saints coming off a Monday night game right short week.
Speaker 1: You know we like to talk about travel. Uh. The Bucks have been there all week because of the hurricane. They got there early.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be playing for their city motivation.
Speaker 1: Game, a hurricane game with Saints. They had their their big hurricane season in that big moment coming back from Katrina. Yeah, it was a long time. I'm just saying. But what Tampa is kind of going through. You know, they're playing New Orleans and have all the teams to play, and they got there early. I get I see where you go. I'm gonna take Tampa Bay me too. Beggar Mayfield can't believe he's this good. Brown's Eagles. I don't know why I picked that one. Here we are. Actually, that's not that one's stupid. Commander's Ravens. That's a good one. Baltimore is a six and a half point favorite at home.
Speaker 2: This is the first time this game I think I saw has been competitive in like twenty years where both teams came in good. So the Ravens we've talked about this. Lamar is like twenty four and two against the NFC. So I love the Ravens to win. Now to cover six and a half is a little difference, big number. It's gonna be a loud crowd, be a lot of Washington fans there, though, h But my gut says, pick Washington to cover. I'm gonna take Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I still don't know what to make of Washington. At first, I was like, oh, this is kind of a cute look at them. But now the four and one and he's looking really good. But Lamar's good. Also, this is the Ravens best offense the whole time Lamar has been there. Yeah, he's on pace for four thousand passing yards twelve hundred and you're Derrick Henry like you gave up on him. I know I didn't give up on him, and I certainly didn't want him to go to Baltimore. He's been awesome. Yeah, I think I was about to stay Washington. You might have just talked about you talked me into Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I think there's a world where where the commanders come back to Earth in this That's why we know where Baltimore is. And again, you can't underestimate the Lamar versus the NFC. Lamar's record against the NFC and the Bengals, that is just crazy. I think in those two teams, the NFC and the Bengals, he is thirty three and three. That's crazy, which is just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: All Right, he even tried to lose to Cincinnati Kids still one. Derek Henry picked him up. I skipped over. I forget your team is in the nine to thirty am game hosting Jacksonville's let's backtrack on the on the schedule here, Bears are a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: So I know this sounds crazy, but there are a lot of Jacksonville fans in London. Oh yes, their team and when I was in London, there's a lot of Jacksonville gear everywhere, like that whole thing they've tried to do works over there, and so they actually get a pretty good crowd. The Bears are playing well, but I actually think Jacksonville is better than their record. So I'm gonna take Jacksonville to cover the spread, even though it's against my Bears.
Speaker 1: I was really expecting you to take the Bears, and I was gonna take Jacksonville. I'm sticking with my pick. But you you surprised me there. I thought you were gonna back your boys. You know, I do the emotional heage a lot with my teams, and you know, bett for Louisville, hoping they lose and all that. But I'm still gonna take I'm amazed. When I was there, I was amazed how many you Jacksonville like just t me Jaguars. It's like become their team.
Speaker 2: Eventually, Like it's a smart idea. You know, the owners from England, so that's part of it. The Tony Kahn's dad.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna bbarrass him in front of his friends, like whatdye Johnson and they I think they have a pretty good record over there too.
Speaker 2: I think they I think if you go back and look, they play at least and I think they're playing this week and next week there right, they're staying and playing a two game back to back.
Speaker 1: I believe so about a little Chargers at the Broncos, another road favorite. Chargers are a three point favorite at Mahaigh. Do you believe in bow Knicks looked great last week? Not really, but part of that is just the shock that bo Nix is in the NFL looking alright, I'm gonna take the charge. I thought the Chargers would be a lot better this year. That's my bigger take of this matchup. I thought they were gonna be good.
Speaker 2: I think the bow Knicks train takes a little detour this week.
Speaker 1: Chargers. I've said this before.
Speaker 2: Homer Road doesn't matter because every game is a road game for them, So I don't think they'll worry about Denver and I'm going to take the Chargers.
Speaker 1: I like the Chargers here too, even though I keep betting on them and they keep letting me down.
Speaker 4: Denver's defense pretty good, it is.
Speaker 1: Well. This is when Ryan Lemon would tell you all about Devin Key Let's move to Dallas. He was early on. I haven't checked. I've been mean to check the box square. I didn't check last week. But he plays good yep, Dallas hosting Detroit. Good game, Lion, another road favorite. Lions are a three point favorite. Uh lines at the cow Well, the Cowboys have already shown that they're home field.
Speaker 2: There'll be more. I mean they were coming like the Chargers. It's all the road team that's that's there, and they're owing to at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be at this game, and because they wouldn't let me in, there's gonna be some bad jusu that comes from there. And I'm all in on the lines, go lines. They win by eight.
Speaker 1: I live in a Cowboys household. I'll probably have on a Cowboys shirt and I will probably bet the money line, even though I think the Lions are the better team and the Cowboys are pretty disappointing. I had a great Tuddy Partla, so you're gonna bet the I'm taking the Cowboys, but I'm letting the audience know that is a that is a Homer play. And to save my marriage, So your your wife is a Cowboys. We have Cowboys gear we wear on Sundays.
Speaker 2: Billy there are We've talked about the Cowboys post game shows, but there are two that I've found out to Dallas radio stations.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of which is the official Cowboys station.
Speaker 2: They have Jerry Jones on every week, which does he just wants to do everyone's job. I guess he does. But the other station really hates that station, And when you catch it, they talk so much trash. One of them is like the Ticket and the other one's the like we hate the Ticket the fan or something like that, and they go at each other and the host. I was listening to one a couple of weeks ago, and the host was like, if I see so and so, who was the host on the other one, I'm beating his ass.
Speaker 1: Wow? Are they only like the same time or uh?
Speaker 2: Well they have they have shows from morning to midnight, live all day, both of them. That's a lot of sports radio. They think about it dat.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why they're so grumpy and hate each other. But they despise each other and they threaten each other for fights. One of them is called like the Plumber, The Plumber and the Ticket so uh uh.
Speaker 4: So normally you ignore the rival station. They're calling each other out That's how.
Speaker 1: It was in Louisville for a little while.
Speaker 2: Really, back in the heyday of the uk U of L thing, I'd go at them, they'd go at me.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: I didn't they hated me.
Speaker 1: I didn't care. I just like that it was funny to make fun of them. Now I'm kind of friends with most of the U of L guys, So the matter.
Speaker 4: You don't want to punch down too much either.
Speaker 1: No, I mean you don't. If I make fun of most of them, I'm giving them more attention than they would get themselves. So what's the next? Three? Left? Two left? Two left? All right? I was saving these Sunday night, got Cincinnati at the New York Giants. Bengals are a three and a half point favorite. What is it with all these road favorites Bengals one and four.
Speaker 2: I like the Bengals here. I think the Bengals. I think the Bengals are better than their record too stupid. They lost last week, but I think they put it on the Giants. I'm gonna say win by two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. I mean, they had Kansas City beat, had Baltimore beat. They're better than the wreck shows. So Bengals. I like the Bengals. Well here and I found this interesting. Monday night, in the same stadium, the Jets host Buffalo, another road favorite. The Jets are on Prime time like all the time. Yeah, I'll have to flip met Life pretty quick. Have you seen how they do that. There was a video about it a few years ago, how they flipped the stadiums. Everything is reversible signage pictures. They just turn it the the merchandise store. They turned the wall and on one end there's Jet shirts, the other end there's shirts. The entire stadiums done in just a few hours. That's that's very cool. This big game for for the Jets. I mean, you lose this, you go to what two and four?
Speaker 2: You know a lot of times people rally around the new coach Josh Allen got kind of embarrassed last week. I think it comes out plays well. I'm gonna take the Bills to win on the road.
Speaker 1: I like the Bills spread again two and a half. I'm actually surprised it's that low the Bills. It's one of those where, like I said with Kentucky, I'm like, why is that not? That looks weird? But I'm I'm I'm gonna take a buffalo in this one. Well good so after watching the elderly abuse on Aaron Rodgers last Sunday, I just don't I don't know how they can be good. Who's your least favorite pro athlete of all time? Because he might be mine. That's a tough one. I feel like I hate a lot of teams. No one really comes to mind if just a player. I have a player that just like this, just side of him made you want to because Peyton Manning was kind of a Titans rival. But who can hate Peyton Manning? You know, hard to hate Peyton Manning?
Speaker 4: No, not really?
Speaker 1: Well, sorry, Win a great topic. Well, I'm trying to think there's gotta be somebody answer out of you all collectively. There's a period of time. I mean, I don't like Lamar, but I wouldn't say he's my number one like I hate him. Uh.
Speaker 3: I hated every Red Sox player back in the day. Oh really, yeah, Tampa, Yeah, Kevin, you that time frame too.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well I can see that I hate the Red Sox fans. I don't know that I took it out on an individual player. It tends to be when the people dislike someone, I end up taking.
Speaker 3: Up for just just to help the other side play advocate.
Speaker 2: A little bit, like if everybody decides they hate, Like when everybody hated Alan Iverson, I just I kind of was like, I like Allen Iverson.
Speaker 4: Not Aaron Rodgers. No, you're just on that book until it says with him.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. Maybe it'll change over time. I hate Mike Jones, the linebacker who tackled h a Titan on the one yard line Super Bowl. Wow, specific, let me see him in the streets.
Speaker 2: Be like seeing the plumber in Dallas. All Right, thank you all very much for listening. We will be back next week continuing to give you great picks. Please tell your friends about this UH podcast. And this has been faith.
Speaker 1: This