Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: So I tweeted out this thing over the weekend, this long thread about the sexual revolution that I found was really interesting and a lot of the responses were fantastic, and I thought, well, that sparks a conversation we should do on the air, and then became aware of the perfect story to lead us into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this young British woman, she's an only fans performer.
Speaker 2: Lily Phillips.
Speaker 3: She's twenty three years old from an intact home, middle class English but she's a porn on OnlyFans performer and decided to have sex with one hundred men in one day as some sort of click bait publicity stunt thing and documentary filmmakers deciding to make a documentary about the before and after.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering what people like, people who haven't heard this already, what their initial reaction to that was. Is there anybody listening whose initial reaction was anywhere in the realm of that's hot or were was practically everybody's initial reaction like physical revulsion.
Speaker 2: I get physical revulsion from hearing that.
Speaker 1: Not only do I not have a ooh that sounds hot, it kind of makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's physically disgusting on several different levels, including the fact that the body is not meant to take that female form specifically. And secondly, I think there's a soul deep revulsion to any person being exploited in that way, including by herself.
Speaker 2: That's that's a damaged, sad soul.
Speaker 1: Well, who are the guys that participated in it and enjoyed it enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know the logistics of it, honestly. Well, in a lot of the documentaries about how she realized she had to remove her mind and her soul from her body during this experience and that was disturbing and discouraging and saddening and sickening and blah blah blah. But now you know the the bizarre and truly horrifying PostScript is she's announced that she's going to have sex with a thousand guys in a day as their next stunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting that her immediate reaction at the end of the day of having sex with a hundred dudes was tearful, and I've seen the promo physically obviously emotionally physically shaken. I mean she was disturbed, yes, by what had happened. And I saw one reviewer say that this documentary is the best anti porn documentary unintentionally you could possibly make.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are serious psychological issues going on there.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, right, And does it mean anything more or not about our culture or anything? Or is it just a one off, stupid stunt. We can discuss that, but it leads into this pretty good I came across this and retweeted it. Like I said, I thought it was interesting this guy thinker writer person. The sexual Revolution was a disaster. Sixty years ago. They tried to redefine sexuality to liberate mankind using finger quotes. Everything they said was a lie. Yet there lies a ruined millions of lives. Here's the worst live the sexual revolution that is still plaguing society today. The sexual Revolution became prominent in the nineteen sixties on the service.
Speaker 2: I said that in.
Speaker 1: Practice, however, it sought something sinister societal destruction. It sounds crazy at first but let's meet one of the movement's leaders. Do you know if her name is Kate Millet or Mallett or I don't know, am I l e Tt. Kate Millet was a leading figure of this sexual revolution. Time magazine called her the Karl Marx of the women's movement. Like, that's exactly sonod compliment. The thesis of her work was the family is a den of slavery, with the man as the bourgeoisie and the woman and children as the proletariat. Here she is on the cover of Time magazine back in the sixties. I'm looking at it right here.
Speaker 3: Well, they get the march part, right, Yeah, that's part of Marxism. She was just turned her attention to that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mellett said casual sex would free women from the slavery of marriage. Well, there you go. The fact that she thinks marriage is slavery is all you need to know about her. In reality, however, Millet wasn't after liberation like any Marxists. She wanted one thing, societal destruction. Her Sistery Mallory shared a chilling story explaining Millet's true agenda. Mallory recalled attending a feminist meeting with Millet in nineteen sixty nine. The meeting began with a disturbing chant, which she called the Litany of Evil. It explained the core beliefs of Millet in her group. Here's the chance, as written in the book The Anti Mary, which is all about this woman. Why are we here today? The chairwoman asked, to make the revolution? They answered, what kind of revolution? She replied, the cultural revolution? They chanted, And how do we make the cultural revolution? She demanded, by destroying the American family. How do we destroy the family by destroying the American patriarch? How do we destroy the American patriarch by taking away his power? How do we do that by being? By destroying monogamy, they shouted, and everybody cheered. How do we destroy monogamy by promoting promiscuity, eroticism, prostitution, abortion, and homosexuality. And here we find the great life of the sexual revolution. Push promiscuity to destroy the family. But how does promiscuity destroy the family? And this is where it got really interesting to me. It breaks the bonds of marriage, destroys trust, and so's division between the sexes. Casual sex is dehumanizing other people's bodies, become the means for selfish pleasure. People degrade one another, themselves and their souls. A society that celebrates promiscuity is a dying society. To idolize sexes, to destroy trust, friendship, and family. In short, all civilizations live and die by their families. What, then, does healthy sexuality look like. Sexuality reaches peak virtue when it's expressed in marriage and its procreative. Why it orients your sexuality to love instead of lust. It becomes a force of charity that builds loving families. Monogamy is about giving everything to a person you love most. You don't lose freedom, you flourish and virtue. Procreation, meanwhile, teaches you to love your children more than yourself. Families become the force of charitable love. They're the bedrock of a healthy society. The takeaway above all offered grace who fallen victim to the lies of the sexual revolution. This person wrote beyond that reject the lies of casual sex. Lust drives you to ruin, but love offers an endless exaltation of virtue. One of the interesting things I thought about all that is he at no point got into the religion part that those who are such proponents of you know, free sex and sleeping around everything like that always point to people that are against that as some sort of religious sticking in the MUDs wackadoos. He didn't have to go there at all, Metalists. I mean, there is no denying that the sexual revolution tracks perfectly with the breakdown of the American family and endless divorces and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's interesting to me. And I'm reminded of the old saying the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing mankind he doesn't doesn't exist, the extent to which the Marxists of the world pitch various policies.
Speaker 2: Whether we're talking about what we were just talking about.
Speaker 3: And I had professors, at least one who has just kind of a casual throwaway as part of one of our discussions, I think it was a philosophy class, explained that the family is actually an institution of oppression and evil, and society will only be free when the nuclear family is torn apart. And I was sitting there, as a Midwestern kid from a happy, intact family, thinking the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Free to do?
Speaker 3: What well, see, well that's my ultimate point though, which I'm working my way toward, is that whether it's that or the Alvin Braggs of the world and the Cesobodeines, the progressive prosecutors who are in George Giscone's who are pitching that we need this criminal justice reform to bring social justice to the streets, and we.
Speaker 2: Cannot prosecute our way out of the things we.
Speaker 3: See as if anybody thinks you can, again getting back to the devil convincing us he doesn't exist. What percentage of the population understands that these people make these moral arguments for these policies and the people, the real activists don't mean a word of it. Now, they're useful idiots on the college campuses. They've bought the moral arguments and they think they're sincere, and so they pitch them to humanity. But at the core of it, it's not because they think these policies will help our society.
Speaker 2: It's that they think it will tear it apart.
Speaker 3: They want to bring on collapse in chaos, because in that chaos, this is straight out of March.
Speaker 2: It's amazing nobody knows this.
Speaker 3: Out of that chaos, they take control and institute communism.
Speaker 1: Well, how about this, How much do you think the sexual revolution plays a part in the breakdown of the American family, as this person just laid out.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with you? Very very large?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very large, if not like practically all of it. I know one in that I mean who I mean, I can understand how if you're a twenty two year old guy, you might think that's a win. Maybe a twenty two year old woman you might think that's a win. But long term, really did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There are a lot of my favorite thinkers agree that the transitory feeling of freedom and the enjoyment of promisecuity among women was very very short lived. And among the vast majorities of women, they realized, Oh, being convinced that I can have sex just like a promiscuous guy is great.
Speaker 2: It was a lie.
Speaker 3: It just enabled them to be used by more guys. And you know, I don't judge you folks. You do whatever you think is right, whatever you feel. You choose your own life path, and I wish you well. But there's just no questioning this. And we're old enough to have seen several of these cycles. All change is not progress. There are things that catch hold, and everybody is doing them, everybody's talking about them. It's a huge trend in a society that turn out to be terrible, practically disastrous. Just because everybody's doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Far from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really interesting. Do you think there's any putting the genie back in the bottle on that sort of thing outside of like a cataclysmic you know, great depression, World war sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: I mean, in spite of these big societal waves we've been talking about, people still have the capacity to make their own judgments and craft their own lives. I suspect that among people who see it that more the way we see it, it'll be fine. But no, I think you're right to have a serious change back to a more traditional view of sexuality and sex and marriage and that sort of thing. Yeah, it would take some huge, huge societal change.
Speaker 1: I just I'm surprised there's not more like just looking at the results and thinking, Okay, are we better off here than we were before? And if you think so, explain to me in what way you have more sexual partners by the end of your life. How's that a win? Necessarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I don't know. It's tough because people just they're living their lives. They're surrounded by one hundred different inputs and swirling currents of this, that and the other, and it's tough for them to really nail down one particular aspect of life like this and say, okay, that change has had a bad result.
Speaker 2: It's just all too confusing.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I don't think what this one is that confusing. I think it's a fairly straight line from sexual revolution through the family coming apart, and the the explanation there of the you know, sowing the seeds of distrust and lying and blah blah blah blah blah, all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's just horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 3: To add to that, the richest government on earth declaring to women all over the country you don't have to be married to a man anymore.
Speaker 2: You can be married to the government.
Speaker 1: Awesome anything that. We've got a lot of replies on Twitter, but most of you aren't on Twitter. What do you think you could text or email? I mean might have some in mail bag tomorrow. You could text now four one five, two nine five KFTC. All right, we had a side whether we ll not hear this or not. So we've got the audio of that only fans chick who had sex with one hundred guys in one day. And if you were listening to the previous segment, we are not celebrating this sort of thing at all. We're using an example of the breakdown of I don't know society, well, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's morals.
Speaker 1: I think it's practicality, just the practicality of having a happy life.
Speaker 3: A lot of morals, that's what they are, sure, Yeah, sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But they're always looked at wrong.
Speaker 1: They're looked at as like a because God said it, you have to do it? What kind of weird I would believe in that. No, it's gonna give you a better life, is the reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's because it's been tried five million times living a life, and we've figured out the best ways to do it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to our question, we've got audio of this woman describing what.
Speaker 2: It was like. Do we want to hear from m.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, why not? Yeah, I've heard it before. It's uh, it's interesting, Go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 2: First one, it's not for the week.
Speaker 4: Girls.
Speaker 1: If I wants it was hard, I don't know if i'd recommend it. Why.
Speaker 5: I think if you're a different type of girl, it's very like.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like being in a sense of like it's just a different.
Speaker 3: Feeling.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to explain it. Like it's not like just having something yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Just one in, one out, Like it feels intense, I'm sure, like more intense than you thought.
Speaker 1: It might totally And then she starts crying and that nice. Yeah, get to the next one, Michael.
Speaker 2: I think that was kind of the hard part is like this is this is irrelevant, stop it.
Speaker 3: This has to do with more generally with her only fans career and just constantly providing satisfactory content for subscribers. But in other clips that I've heard, she talks about she can't remember the faces of most of the men.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, not one hundred in a day, how could you?
Speaker 2: And I quote from the Free Press.
Speaker 3: At first, she pretends she's upset because she feels badly that some men and haven't been satisfied despite traveling a long way and supporting her. But soon what appears to be the real truth beyond her grief is revealed quote. I think it was like feeling so robotic. I've got this routine of how we are going to do this, and like sometimes you're just disassociated and it's like not normal. And in other words, she was describing separating her body from her soul. And as this writer points out, the way she describes her experience is virtually indistinguishable from the symptoms of rape trauma, syndrome, mood swings, dissociations, self blame, guilt, and sometimes hyper sexuality.
Speaker 1: And then she'll be dealing with a lot of these feelings the rest of her life and she's only twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this writer, it's very good, gets into various sex workers of various ages and various parts of the world.
Speaker 2: The whole I have to deaden my soul to get through it.
Speaker 1: You know, someday you might want to meet a nice guy and get married and have kids, and this has made it quite a bit more difficult. Oof Again, did anybody react to that whole story?
Speaker 2: Is that's hot? I don't think anybody did. Armstrong and Geeddy, so.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this ondly fans fan star who had sex with one hundred guys in a day, and they made a documentary about it and it's disgusting. And then we rolled into this Twitter thread that I came across over the weekend about the sexual Revolution and out was a lie and it destroyed American families and it made women less happy. And maybe you agree with that, maybe you don't. Kay, Do you want to weigh in on any of this Before we get to some texts, this whole story makes me sick. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It's just listening to that clip of her talking about what about the aftermath? She sounded like a rape victim, and it just this is gonna this is She's twenty three years old, right, She's got her whole life and she I just feel very bad for this girl.
Speaker 1: She's pretty financially successful. I think she got two million dollars for this, and she has like five employees or something like that, lives in London, my full time employees, so she's but like, is that two million dollars? I wasn't trying to justify it. I just just throwing that in a couple of texts we got about this whole topic, this one. I'm afraid she's going to kill herself in the future. I hope not, but that wouldn't shock me. As she gets older, it's going to become more clear on just on the idea of the sexual revolution was a lie and uh nobody benefited got this text I thought was interesting. Born in San Francisco, I lived this period right to this person, and I think I know who they are. Even then I thought something was off about it. And now alone without children and a bunch of cats, and I can say, what a krocabloney.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. From a dude's side of this, female absolute and relative of happiness has gone down since the feminism and sexual libertine culture of the sixties. Women complained, got their way and made themselves less happy. Guess who they're going to blame for their lack of happiness. Most divorce men can tell you, haha, writes this person. Wow, well, well enjoy that. Laughing last, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Reminded of the unif for the Joe Getty unified theory of civilizations. That and there's so many examples of it. It's almost tedious that we veer from one guardrail to the other, never have any idea when we hit the sweet spot, and keep going until we've gone way too far. And created a disaster. Then we veer back toward the other guardrail. Another example of this, you know, crime policy back and forth, there are too many people in prison, were too hard on crime, Well, there's too much crime in the streets.
Speaker 2: We didn't need to be harder on crime.
Speaker 3: And it just goes back and forth. Sexuality, I think is similar. Their a handful of other fairly obvious examples.
Speaker 1: But on the left side of politics, I don't feel like the left appreciates appreciate culture at all and the role it plays in society.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem to be a concern.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I think in general, on the left, including you know, moderate lefty people that we could work with that would be fine, we can talk about policy and come to a happy conclusion, there is in general much less regard for the importance of culture.
Speaker 2: I would agree completely.
Speaker 3: And on your outer left, and I'm not talking about five percent, I'm talking about like twenty five percent of the left, they hate the culture and want to destroy it. Back to my theme, a lot of the neo Marxist stuff they pitch it to you as a way to improve society. They are fully cognizant of the fact that it will not do anything but destroy society.
Speaker 2: That is their goal.
Speaker 3: They've written books, their names are on the spine. This is not my fantasy. They will tell you proudly that this is their goal. Does that bother anybody.
Speaker 1: On the left that the champion of the sexual revolution was out to destroy the American family because I thought that would be better for I mean, I know some of you agree with that, but not most of you, right anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I will always be amazed till my dying day how few people take the radical left at their word. They have told you precisely what they're doing, and people like me are considered I don't know, paranoid or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's not paranoid at.
Speaker 1: All, religious wacko. We need some really good transition music, Michael.
Speaker 2: Do you need maybe even two sit different?
Speaker 5: Perhaps I do it in stereo, Go ahead, Marxist.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't you know? The lady along with.
Speaker 3: Their cats at San Francisco reminded they were cat sitting.
Speaker 2: My daughter's a cat. Your cat sitting? I think you to make the communist warbler go away? Michael?
Speaker 3: Have you no sense of when enough is? I don't know why am I yelling at Michael you're cats sitting you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Indeed, my daughter has two absolutely delightful cats. They are kind of adolescent age. They haven't quite mellowed out into super chill cats lay on top of the sofa and just look at you. They still want to play a lot and stuff. So they're there. They're a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Do they on things? That's always my concern if I'm watching anybody.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're very very well littered. Boxy train naturally. The cats do that naturally. Really, they have some sort of problem, but they've been delightful. They're a lot of fun. They're so sweet, and I'm not allergic to them by some miracle. But Judy and I have agreed that, like the last evening, I walk the dog, I run up, I play with the cats because they need some interaction stuff like that. I go downstairs and I feed the dog. Then I take a shower, and then I blah blah blah. Then I got to go to deal with the cats because Judy was out. And then I go out to the garage and this frog or toad or something's jumping around. I'm like, I'm living I'm Doctor Doolittle over here. But it's a lot of work. It's a lot of responsibility having two more beasts in the house. Yeah, poor packster is so old and I don't know if he's hard at hearing or whatever. They don't meow upstairs because they're restrict restricted to one upstairs bedroom and they meow and we look at past her and he's like, what what are you looking at me for?
Speaker 2: So he's totally unaware.
Speaker 1: I'm a pet fan in general, but the pet thing is just it. It's beyond where it was thirty years ago, twenty years ago. It's just and oh, yes, can you afford it? Do you have time for it? Does your lifestyle allow for this? And the traveling with the pets. While I was staying in a hotel over Thanksgiving, nice hotel that allows dogs, and most of the people I saw having their dogs in the hotel, they looked miserable, trying to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Is stressed out, stressed out.
Speaker 1: And I saw mom and dad trying to get the dog out of the room with the kids and.
Speaker 2: You hold that, you hold the dog, I'll bring them.
Speaker 1: It's like, is this fun for anybody having the dog with you on this trip?
Speaker 2: Or it would have been just fine. To have the dog at home.
Speaker 1: Or not have a dog.
Speaker 3: You talk about facets of modern life. I don't get I love dogs. I love my dog, but he's not coming on any damn trip. Sorry, he's not coming to the store with me.
Speaker 1: I've talked to my son about this. I said, you gotta get this early in the relationship. I mean, are they dog rides in the truck with you wherever you go, person sleeps in the bed with you, person goes to the restaurant or not? And are you because he's a no way and uh, because.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's it.
Speaker 1: That could be a deal breaker because one of you has to give on something that's obviously very important to you.
Speaker 2: Right, animals in the car?
Speaker 1: I hate it, absolutely, Oh really I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that for some reason.
Speaker 3: But I just the logistics of trying to do things and tend to a dog. Katie, what the side of this are you on? Are you the dog goes everywhere?
Speaker 2: Person? Oh, my dog has a car seat. Sure, that's absolutely fine, but I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he actually went to a restaurant with us and was very well behaved.
Speaker 1: It was amazing cool, It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I just I don't want to do it, miss Now, I don't.
Speaker 1: On what it's not on something else to worry about.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's funny's your your best friend.
Speaker 1: You do have situation though, where you have set on the air that you were working toward a family, and so you got the whole messing thing going that that that's that's different too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little baby crazy, Yeah exactly, you've got sweaters and stuff, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's what?
Speaker 2: Oh lord, yeah, my daughter in the cat's place place.
Speaker 3: It's it's so clearly rehearsing, which fine, but yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I think that's natural.
Speaker 2: Sure, right, quick question for Katie.
Speaker 5: When you took the dog to the restaurant, did you guys order him a meal?
Speaker 4: I did order him a plain beef patty and he thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're dealing with a nut job here, Folks's sweet kind of nutty.
Speaker 1: Do you take him through the drive through at Starbucks where they have what do they call him?
Speaker 2: Puppet pop?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I have not done that. Yeah, you're well you don't love them, then, I guess. Oh god, I was.
Speaker 1: Watching that family fight their dog at the at the at the hotel, trying to get the kids and the dog and all the stuff. And I thought that freaking looks miserable. They look, oh no, I.
Speaker 4: Mean mine's twelve pounds, so I can just pick him up.
Speaker 1: That is a difference. I've always been a big dog person. Joe and I have talked about this over the years. I've always liked big dogs, always had big dogs. Then Henry want to pug. We got a pug. Here's something awful handy about the tiny little dog. You just pick up here, come here, setting you over here for now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And housing and feeding and cleaning up after a seventy five pound dog as well.
Speaker 2: It's many multiples of the little fella.
Speaker 3: Although I did lose that bet against the Chiuamo owner.
Speaker 2: But either you heard about that or you didn't.
Speaker 3: You know, on the other end of the lifespan, Katie do various people who may or may not be like rehearsing parenthood. When Delaney left the house, it was when she, you know, went off to college. It was a couple of years after our dog Onyx had died, who's a black lab too, And I was so disoriented by not having another beast to care for. I we got a dog, and whoever you are, I should remember your name. Some emailer wrote, Joe, are you out of your friggin mind? You finally got an empty nest, you got all this freedom and you got a big dog.
Speaker 2: What's the matter with you? And he was right on one level.
Speaker 3: Although backsher is my buddy and I love him, but yeah, this time and Judy has put her foot down, and it's fine. I need some sort of dad detox program so I can just get used to it's just the two of us, and I'm not caring for another beast who needs my attention A lot?
Speaker 1: Does free you up a lot when you don't have a pet? Yeah, man, let's go here or there or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you know, as some listeners know, I had a minor child under my roof for twenty five consecutive years, and it's not easy to transition.
Speaker 2: Out of that life. Sound it's not effortless.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine. I will have to imagine in about ten years, eight years, I guess we.
Speaker 2: Will finish strong. Next. Have we played Mariah Carry?
Speaker 1: That is the most popular Christmas song of all time? They claim we should have that on that it's them of trite Christmas songs.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump, you want to hear that troll up over the great Andy Williams. Get your own show, buddy, not in my something or other.
Speaker 1: Trump did a press conference today, very long, took lots of questions. Here's one of them.
Speaker 7: I think the two things happening. We're seeing these leaks every day. You know, Facebook's coming on board and other companies are coming on board. Plus the rallying cry around Pete. I think Trump is as tough as ever right now.
Speaker 1: It does not sound like a question and answer. Donald Trump at his press call, all right, the wrong one here, Okay, here we go. Any questions for Howard by the way, Commerce, Chris Gerry, do you see another trade deal with China coming?
Speaker 6: I think the president h it's easy for me. You're sitting next to me, so it's okay. Now.
Speaker 2: The President has.
Speaker 6: Very clear agenda for tasks, and I think reciprocity is something that is going to be a key topic for us. How you treat us is how you should expect to be treated.
Speaker 5: So well.
Speaker 1: Reciprocal. If they tax us, we tax them the same amount they tax us. Forget it, just for a second about the word tech.
Speaker 2: They tax us, we tax them, and they tax us.
Speaker 6: Almost in all cases they're taxing us, and we haven't been taxing yet.
Speaker 1: So I mentioned there is a guest essay in the New York Times from some think tank dude that thought Trump's got this right on China and in a position to like really devastate them and to our favor. Michael mcfowell, former ambassador, tweeted this out yesterday. US stocks now make up sixty five percent of the global equity market, the highest in history, eleven times bigger than the second largest country, which is Japan.
Speaker 2: China is equal with Canada.
Speaker 3: Right where do you want to bet your own money on the future? The US of a is where, well, the vast majority of mankind says, for damn good reason. And back to that Trump Plutnik press conference. That sounds like a very annodiety, a very banal thing to say, they tax us, we tax them the same. That's a revolutionary break from last forty years of policy towards China, where business America and the business of America is business still said, Look, it is such a vast freaking market. Yes they're screwing us, Yes they're cheating us, but a they're kind of a third world country and they need a hand up.
Speaker 2: And b we're going to make so much damn money.
Speaker 3: Who cares if they're subsidies to their industries and their tariffs are utterly unfair and uneven with ours. Let's just put up with it and make money. Well, Trump is saying quite correctly, in my opinion, we've let that go long enough. Now there's going to be reciprocity. It's going to be an even play in field China you still want to play. Going to be interesting to see how this works out. But as I just pointed out, with those stats and many others, we have a lot of leverage. I love it, Love it, love it, especially when you consider that a lot of countries around the world are feeling the way Jack, You're always feeling, Hey twice that all this cheap Chinese crap on all of our shelves, and we don't manufacture anything anymore. Our textile industries have gone away. Just everybody's buying Chinese crap that they're dumping in our market.
Speaker 8: Enough, I'm inspired every single day by the remarkable work that Jack and Joe perform on behalf of the American public. They've got a busy day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on. They have carefully prepared for these final thoughts. And the fact of the matter is they have final thoughts and they have them every single day.
Speaker 2: That is remarkable, how good that is. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. It's disturbing.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day.
Speaker 2: Michael Angelow lead us off. Got to take another crack at the Christmas slide. Still haven't quite gotten them right. Every time I look up there, they're still crooked. So gotta get them right.
Speaker 3: Yeh's a spirit that's the most important, Michael. Katie Green, our esteemed newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll bring this up on the One More Thing podcast because I'm not proud of it. But I did my first bang bang yes on Saturday.
Speaker 2: To back meals of a different kind. What were they?
Speaker 4: McDonald's and Domino's.
Speaker 3: Nice, bang bang basic, But you know what, well done.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: A final thought for us, I've big guy, I've got to find the joy. I was running errands all weekend long, running around in the lines and the parking and the and I just I was I was surly, and I just could not find the Christmas joy. I've got to work on that over the next week and a half.
Speaker 3: My final thought is heavy, heavy, friends, bend it the way slightly, use your legs, not your back. If you're looking for a happy life, go with ancient wisdom over momentary trends.
Speaker 1: Good one Armstrong and Geeddy wrapping about other grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: So many people think, so little time. Go to Armstrong and Geddy dot com. Man, we have a lot of great hot links there. You can still get some ag swag for your favorite Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 2: Fan for Christmas.
Speaker 3: You might have to put the old gift certificate under the tree with a picture of it, but they'll still love it when it shows up. Armstrong and Geddy dot com.
Speaker 2: We we'll see you tomorrow. God bless America. Screw it, I'm leaving ping a personal privilege. I think that right now. You know the honeymoon's over, so little doo much docky dog? Do you understand share the word?
Speaker 1: You're three?
Speaker 2: Come on, this is the United States. You'll marry for God's sake. Yeah, remember that.
Speaker 1: Be optimistic, stay strong, remember you came from your mom.
Speaker 2: It's a little stupid Dale. Thank y'all very much, Armstrong and Getty