Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode. Jesus, fuck it got that ready? Yep, Welcome to another episode of the Bust and Spring Tour twenty twenty four. If you're a Tier one joining us, you guys know what to do. Welcome to Florida State fans with open ours. If you're a Florida State fan just tuning in, make sure you're subscribed and leaving comments. What we do on the Spring Tour is we go to different stops. We just released the Nebraska interviews. Now we're doing Florida State. We're gonna have Oregon and then Alabama. But what we need you to do is make sure you're subscribed. Because we sit down, we interview a couple players and the head coach talk to them about the previous year, the expectations of the upcoming year, because let's face it, when we're in the offseason, we all have the best expectations. We've all won the national title, so the conversations are a lot more fun. You're about to watch Braden Fisk and coach no head coach Norvelle, and then tomorrow you will be watching Patrick Payton and DJ. I don't want to butcher your last name, but DJ the quarterback that went from Clemson to Oregon State and now his final stop at Florida State. Again, thank you so much for your support. If you're a Florida State fan, it's your first time tuning in. Welcome to Bust with the Boys. Make sure you're subscribed, make sure you're leaving comments. You can follow us at BUSS and WTB. Enjoy this episode. Big hugs, tiny kisses, solid Coach Norvell, thank you for joining us. This is a pleasure. My first question, if you're in the college, who will playoff? Do you guys win? And second question two part question, do you think Kirk Kurvestreet would agree with your answer?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean last year's team was a special team, and you know I put I put nothing past what that team would have accomplished. I know there's a lot of adversity, you know, obviously losing a quarterback, you know, having to go through the things we went through. But you know, defense wins championships, and you know, you look at that championship game and you know it was really explosive and quality Louisville team, and you know our defense rose to the occasion. We did what was necessary. So I put nothing past with that team you did you could have accomplished, but you know, also really proud of all the things they did accomplish and yeah that's what you know, for the choices and all the things that were made. You know, we couldn't control all that, but yeah, they did what they needed to do for thirteen weeks and you know, forever you believe that that was one of the one of the great teams, you know in college football, you know, one of the great teams of Florida State history, one of the great teams in college football history. You look back, how many teams had an opportunity to go thirteen to oh in today's age of you know, your college athletics plain a very good schedule and you know so I'm I'm grateful for what they did, but put no doubt, no boundaries to what they would have accomplished.
Speaker 1: Can you take us to the day where the selection, the committee, they made their choices. You going into it, are you thinking like you probably thought through all the different angles we might not get in, we might get in.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't think that. Actually, well you were shout of doubt we're getting chosen.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, ultimately that's what I believe, you know, I mean, it had never happened before in history of college athletics, never been a power five team that went undefeated that did not get a chance, uh to to compete for a championship, and in today's age, and so you know, you sit there and you look at it. I was, I believe, do what you got to do, and it's all gonna all gonna play out.
Speaker 3: But you know, obviously that was not the case, right right.
Speaker 4: Did they give you any explanation on why or it was just this is what it is. We don't have to give you no reason why it happened, because around the around the world, we heard it was because y'all to have a starting quarterbacks all stuff that we're yeah, we were hearing. So we heard, oh, since they haven't started quarterback, why put them in in the national championship game without a star quarterback?
Speaker 2: That really, I mean it's you know, obviously there's a group that was in a room, and you know they made a decision based off what they whatever those conversations were. You know, you know what people saw on national TV from a selection show.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what was real.
Speaker 2: And you know, as I found out, when that logo came up and it wasn't ours man, So you know, it is like I said, it is what it is. There's nothing that they can never you know, and really no no explanations going ever, you know, you impact what what happened for us, I mean we had to live it and uh but yeah, just like I told the team after that happened, you know, I mean, it doesn't take away from what that team accomplished and did the circumstances affect you know, your things moving forward, you know for Art for that team, yes, and you know, ultimately it was you know, it was it was a shame that we didn't get to to to finish out with a chance to compete for a national championship. But you know, I definitely, uh, you're forever grateful for that, for that team and the season that we did have.
Speaker 4: So you do you think that's the decision why some of the players chose to go to the draft and not actually playing the Georgia game.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I know you can have you know, for for whatever people's beliefs are. You know, I've told people that I think if we would have lost a CC championship, we probably would have had I'm pretty certain we'd had majority of those guys would have played based off you know, how they how they how to finish and to finish the right because we would have earned the loss, you know, and that's ultimately you know, when you look at at this.
Speaker 3: Game, I mean, you know, our guys, they.
Speaker 2: Put a lot into it, and you know when you see I mean it's a with a very talented team and a bunch of guys that are making decision for for their future and and right wrong or indifferent, you know, just the thought processes. You know, we did everything that we could to put ourselves in position, and we were told that it wasn't good enough. And you know when that when guys are trying to make a decision on their future, that's what that was the.
Speaker 3: Probably the biggest challenge for me.
Speaker 2: And and you know, going back and forth with with that and talking about options and and things of choices of what guys were trying to make, you know, it was it was difficult and I still say it was the hardest month of my coaching career, you know, from you know, win that championship, you know, the way that we won. It was probably one of those gratifying wins I've ever been a part of, but really only having twelve hours to celebrate that and then you know that next day, you know, everything from that point was really heartbreak.
Speaker 3: I mean, to be honest, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a heartbreaking moment to have to to go through and live through, and you know, to be there for your players that you know gave so much and you know, just that disappointment was was difficult. And you know, you got guys that are making, you know, their multi million dollar decisions on you know, if they go when they play and they get hurt, then what does that look like? Or you know, I mean obviously dealing with the emotional and physical hurt of something happening to them that had never happened before. But you know, I also told him was like, you know, you know my opinion, I didn't think it was right. I didn't think it was fair whatever all those words are. But also in life, there's gonna be plenty of things that happened in their life that might not be right or might not be fair.
Speaker 3: So make sure that you know.
Speaker 2: As we work through that, that we stay true to who we are and you really try to to understand you know that every everything that you say, all that you do, you know it's going to have an impact, and it is. You know, that was a special team and it's one that is going to be celebrated, one that's going to be remembered. But you know, obviously I hate how the how how it all finished.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go through that.
Speaker 1: When you're how are you having those conversations because you're obviously going through the pain and the disappointment just like the players are. But when they are making those decisions either go to the draft or sit out for health reasons or whatever the case may be, versus when you were talking about if you were to lose the championship game, you can't you earned that loss, and then you're excited to almost go prove people wrong or whatever the case may be. But going against a team like Georgia, how are you having those conversations about trying to have those guys motivate that, like, hey, we have another opportunity still go out here and prove it against a team who's been number one, they just had a they just had a lapse, a loll against Alabama. If we go out and beat this team, like you're basically you know not that you want to make fake rings or anything else, but you're out there able to kind of claim a title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I mean that's that was the you know, there's a twofold challenge because one on you know, those conversations and you know the opportunity and all those things that are out there. But also you know, this selection committee was that twelve fifteen by four point thirty, I was at home visit because we had basically two weeks of recruiting, so a lot of the messaging that, you know, and that's where one of the things that I reflect back to is, man, how could how could I have changed? You know, to be there, you know even more, you know, and to be able to support guys and just such a you know, it's you know, it is a once in a life.
Speaker 3: Because it never happened again.
Speaker 2: I mean there might be teams that get left out and think they should be in or out, but they would have earned whatever losses, whatever the record is. I mean, if you're fighting for twelve or thirteen, whatever that number is going to be eventually, you know, you still put yourself in that position. You know, we had a team that felt that it had earned and played and done everything that was necessary to get you know, the shot at it, and so but then having you know, going on the road and you were fighting, we got two weeks of signing day and you're fighting every everything that you could fight for the class that's coming, you know, and being able to like I said, I didn't go into it with the contingency plan of oh if we don't get in right, yeah, I mean that's that was That was you know, never part of my thought process.
Speaker 3: But you know, being able to try.
Speaker 2: To connect with guys when I'm on the road, and you know, since some you know, we have our our team communication and messaging and and so you tried to be able to communicates as much as possible and our coaches did a great job of trying to touch base with that. But I mean it was it made all the challenges even that much more magnified just with how the schedule was.
Speaker 3: But uh, you know, it was you have you had.
Speaker 2: An opportunity and you know, to to be honest with you and really, like I said, this is everybody can have their own perspective of it.
Speaker 3: You know, we had to live our our reality to what it was.
Speaker 2: And you know, there were guys that you know, that felt that they put themselves in a position and uh so, coach, we yes, we put ourselves at risk when it comes to their to their professional opportunities. You win that game, but what if that's still not good enough? And that was the balance of trying to work through that was with with guys. And we had some guys that played, and you know, we had a good number of guys that that did not, And you know, it was a it was a hard choice for them to like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: What everybody says, Oh, they're just that's they're making.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They poured everything it had into this team they put I mean, you don't respond the way that you did when you think about the week eleven, we lose our starting quarterback right going on the road, one of our biggest rivals, you know, obviously in that game.
Speaker 3: To be able to.
Speaker 2: Resiliency, the response, the fight, I mean, all the things necessary. We go down with our third string quarterback, they're in the championship game, and to take all the steps that were necessary to win that game. And it's that was that was heart, That was character that I mean, it showed the you know, the culture of what we had here. And I mean even throughout the course of the season. With four games last year, we were down ten points and you saw a team that never got rattled. They just continued to ression. Could we continue to fight? But you know, like I said at the at the end of it, with that decision that was made, uh, you know, it was a difficult It was a difficult decision for the players, it was hard for fan base, everybody. But it was also something never that had never occurred before too, and so that's what made it, you know, it was you were treading new waters when it came to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it shocked everyone and I and I ultimately that's probably why they's twelve now, twelve teams are now going in because probably what happened to Florida State.
Speaker 3: Would you say, well, it was already going in motion.
Speaker 4: I mean it was gonna go in motion, but then that falls.
Speaker 1: Falls like because this year it would have been a you know, but it's I feel like it's gonna it happens every year, but this year it's like you look across the border, like the top ten twelve teams and you're like, you know, this would have been a great year for the playoffs because you know, obviously you have an unfortunate situation like like Florida State, you're trying to choose out of one lost big you know, Pack twelve and Big ten. But yeah, this would have been a great year.
Speaker 3: For the for the Yeah, definitely, because you.
Speaker 1: Had a It was like missoo was making a little noise. They would squeak out some little wins to where it would have just been fun to see the college fotball playoff this year. Are you excited about the new the transition to the playoff to the twelve team playoffs? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know I think that you know, when you get it, you get a chance to go, and you'll compete, earn it on the field, get a chance to go, you'll fight for a championship. And you know, the great thing about college football is every game does matter, and it doesn't it doesn't matter where, when, but you know, being able to if you have a team that you know hasn't either an early loss or have it to have a team that you know. You look at the Georgia team last year, I mean I watched them all like that was probably the most talented group of of any team that was in the country from last year's team and you know they for whatever reason, you know, they came up short in their championship game. And you know that group, even a lot of the guys that are going to the NFL that you know, they wanted to finish together and leave on on the good note, on a good note.
Speaker 3: And so h you saw that.
Speaker 2: But if you put that team in the playoff last year, if you put us in a playoff last year, I mean you're talking about there's gonna be a lot of fun games to watch, and you know, and everybody has their their own situations. I mean fighting, their injuries are part of it. You know that that's the part of the game. I mean, they don't stop a game in the middle of it if somebody goes down. It's about all the things we learned since we're kids and playing this game. How do you respond? You know, you know who's going to rise up, who's going to And that was what will forever be remembered when it comes to that team, just the thirteen week journey of all those situations and what they did. So you know, I think it'll be fun when you see twelve teams getting a chance to compete for that because there's still gonna be situations where somebody might be without a great player, right, but if they've earned the right in then you can see how they what they do with it.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna move away from that because I'm a D two guy. You a D two guy Central Arkansas. I don't know if people on the team know that you play wide receiver. You still hold the record I think up there at Central Arkansas right.
Speaker 3: Zone coverage meater Man, Yeah, I think I think he's first and fifth on the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like, I think he had like two hundred and thirteen receptions, two thousand, six hundred and eleven yards, fifteen touchdowns, one rushing touchdown, two passing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Correct sounds good? Yeah, yeah, oh hey he knows. Yeah, I know that you're thirteen all the other stuff. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: So like, is that what you know pretty much led you to being a GA right out of Central Arkansas? You was just like, yo, I want to be I want to coach. Did you not see yourself going to the NFL. What was the reason why you went straight to GA right out of college?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, man, I've known I've wanted to coach since I was in the seventh grade. This was my my passion. I've never had an option B. This is what I've always wanted to do. Some of the most influential people in my life were my coaches from my Pop Warner coach David Riese, and he still comes to our games nowadays to you know, I was so blessed to have great high school coaches, college coaches.
Speaker 3: You know, this was my path, This was my journey.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously every player has a dream of playing in the National Football League, right you know, I made the most of my college career. You know, my senior year, you know, it was unfortunate. I dealt with a lot of injuries. I'd have two surgeries right when the season was over. I had knee and shoulder surgery. You know, I actually thought that my skill set would have probably been better in you know, CFL or one of those one of those other leagues. Just but when I had the injuries and I knew the rehab and you know, all the things, I kind of played through that senior year. You know, I could chase the dream to continue to play, or I could follow, you know, follow the passion of what I wanted to be. You know, for the long term, and so I immediately you had the surgeries, you know I was doing, you know, jumped right right into coaching. I got a chance to be a graduate assistant there my first year at U c A. And you know, obviously had some some doors open, you know, there are those those next couple of years, and uh, he was able to follow the passion of being a coach and been very fortunate for I've been able to do it with Yeah, because.
Speaker 4: It was in Arizona State, Pittsburgh, Uh, Tulsa, Memphis, that's where you got three A C championships, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The three three divisional chamships and obviously the one the one A.
Speaker 4: C C champ Okay, yeah, yeah, And so you accomplished a lot. Then to come to Florida State changed that program to be where you're at now.
Speaker 3: Just tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Leaving Memphis and then coming to Florida State.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I mean I loved I loved my time at Memphis, and so it was a great place, great opportunity. You know, when I when I became the head coach there, I was the youngest head coach and and uh, you know Division one football at the time and so blessed with opportunity, and you know, we were able to to do some wonderful things in that program, get some great players, and then you know when the when the the chance you know, came and presented itself to to come to Florida State. It was truly a special one. And this was a program. I grew up in Dallas, Texas. You know, I really didn't have any affiliations to to a to a school. But you know, the very first piece of college memorability I ever owned was a night ninety three National Championship license plate and that was the only thing I actually had on my wall and had, you know, the great players, you know, Derek Brooks worked done, Charlie where their names are up all in this license plate, and it was something that you know, I was a Florida State fan, even not having a tide to the program, but it was really you know, you know when we were all coming up, I mean, it was just how they played, It was a mentality, it was just the place and so uh and I love that and you know, so much respect for Coach Bowden just how we did it. The the sustained success over all the years I mean you could you could bank on a Borida State was going to be in the in the national title hunt. They were going to be in the conversation all the great players. And so when the opportunity presented itself, you know, the program had found you know, some challenging times, and you know, I had an absolute passion and desire to want to be a part of getting this program back to where it deserves to be. And it's, uh, it's been a great joy, you know, being able to meet all the past players, you know, be able to uh, you know, you establish the culture we desire and continue to grow and and you know, like I said, get this program back, you know, in regards to not only we were doing on the field, but also you know, how we represent it off the field. And that's something that's really important us. And you know, I'm proud of this team. I'm proud of the coaches, you know, everybody involved. We got a wonderful administration and so we're excited about continuing our clime to where we ultimately want to be.
Speaker 1: Who who are a couple of mentors along your journey that you reflect on that's gotten you to this point of being the head coach of Florida State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I mean, I know it's funny, but like I mentioned, my my Pop Warner coach. You know, I remember, you know, I'd stay with when I was eight, nine, ten years old, I'd stayed with, you know, with him a couple of nights a week.
Speaker 3: He had two younger kids, you know, of his own.
Speaker 2: But you know, he started pouring in and caring about you know, a young boy, you know, more than a position, more than a jersey, and just really trying to just show all the great things that the game of football really are about. You know, wonderful high school coaches. You know, Mike Barber was my high school coach. You know, form played in the NFL. You know, had somebody that you know, had great success. And so I got to you know, that perspective of it, you know, going to college and you know having to you know, you know, you playing I would say you're playing the bus league when you played D two.
Speaker 3: I mean you you you get to find out real life who loves the game. Yeah, obviously how we do it.
Speaker 2: You had a great, great time there at Central Arkansas and then you know, as I as I transitioned into into the college coaching, and you know, when I went to Tulsa, you know, I got a chance to be under Gus Malson.
Speaker 3: He was the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Todd Graham was the head coach, and uh, you know, just really being able to gain a lot from their perspective and in program organization and you know, different things, you know, schematically, you know, I you know, obviously Gus you know has.
Speaker 3: Done wonderful jobs.
Speaker 2: You know, wonderful job he had great you know success at high school ranks and then what he was able to do in the college ranks has been really remarkable. But having those relationships and being able to to to learn ball from that, but also you know, be able to kind of develop your your own perspective, your own belief your own values of of what if you get the opportunity to lead a program or leader side of ball or lead a position group, what do you want to look like?
Speaker 3: And so that's been a big part for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I remember, you know, Todd Graham was you know, he was a head coach, but he was also you know, it's good a defensive coordinator and most most respects of it, and just our conversations, I learned more more about what I wanted to do offensively just from sitting in with him of what he didn't like to face defensively, and so it was really you know, those conversations, I mean those we were were huge and just my my thought process, and I think helped give me a you know, a broad scope of of understanding to a program. And you know, when I did get a chance to be a head coach, I mean I tried to implement a lot of those things, but you know, stay true to to who I am and what I believe.
Speaker 1: When you're chasing those ambitions as becoming a head coach one day, are you like, are you like collecting? Are you journaling? Are you writing things down? Like how are you keeping some of these processes? Or I really like this, I like this core value, like this from this coach, I like this from this coach. Are you like collecting all of this stuff so that way, when one day you do have the shot, you're kind of trying to refer back to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I just read I really if I I wish I would have because they're probably be even some more detail things that I wouldn't have had to you know that I would have had maybe a little different perspective on as I made the transition, but you know, and I encourage our coach.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 2: One thing I've always tried to do is regardless of what your job title is or prepare.
Speaker 3: For what you want to be.
Speaker 2: And when I was a ga OH, I tried to prepare as if I was a position coach. Now I had a job and a responsibility, and I wanted to be the best in the United States of America. Whether it was getting a cup of coffee, whether it was breakdowns, whether it was whatever I.
Speaker 1: Had to do.
Speaker 2: I wanted that to be done at an elite level because that was my job. But also tried to prepare as if I was the position coach.
Speaker 3: And that's I think that.
Speaker 2: Perspective, you know, because you know as you go through and you're coming up in a profession, it can be football, it can be anything. Right, you never know when your opinion is going to be asked, right, but whatever that response to the question is, oh, that's gonna that's going to be impactful to what you know. Somebody understands your perspective when they understand your knowledge, and so I always try to be prepared for the question when I make a position coach, I tried to always prepare as if I was a coordinator and I would run things. I would run things through my mind as if I was already doing the job. When I became an office coordinator, I tried to prepare as if I was the head coach, And so I always tried to prepare as if I was the next the next job, and you still have to do yours. But you know, like I even know as when I was a GA, I would not do any of my GA work right of that couldn't be done for the next day. I would do that after everybody left, because I didn't want to be out of the meeting room to miss out on the information. And you know, there was a lot in part of the first you know, five months of you know, working for coach Mileson. I don't know if he ever asked me a question, but during the middle of the season, I remember when he asked my opinion, and I thank God for all those meetings that had been in the understanding I had at the offense, all that we were trying to accomplish.
Speaker 3: I actually gave him a response that that was a.
Speaker 2: Value and how you build and earn trust in and you know your your perspective and your knowledge because you're you're willing to be a heard of it. If I would have just gone in and just done the GA work, you know, I might have missed some of those opportunities. I might have missed that perspective and really the overall knowledge of what we were doing. So you know, always I always try to challenge you, our young coaches and even your older coaches. I mean, off, it's a coordinator, but you want to be a head coach or And to be honestly like, that wasn't I didn't just this dream.
Speaker 3: Oh I want to be a head coach.
Speaker 2: And I remember there's a lot of things I didn't know if I'd even like about being a head coach, But when the right opportunity presented itself, it was the right fit. And now I love I love all elements of my job that you know, I didn't even know I would years back. But it's still preparing yourself for what could be ahead.
Speaker 3: I love that, and your parents see it.
Speaker 4: I mean, ACC Coach of the Year Bobby Paul Paul Bear Bear Bryan Award, Bobby Dodd Award twenty twenty three. I mean, all your peers see it. Obviously you put into work, we see it on the field. So you know, I'm just thankful to be here to talk to you. Just watch what you have done to this program and also being a D two guy and accomplished so much because I see myself doing that bus league one day, you know, maybe being a coach and accomplishing some stuff like you did.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you sit there and you go through it, and everybody's got a different path, you know, But for me, it's it's who you get to do it with. And you've been able to try to make that impact for others, and uh, you know I've been I've been fortunate. You talk about the Coach of the Years award, those are the staff awards, man, those are for our players. Those are I mean, I'm grateful.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously when you have the title, a lot of attention goes to it, and you know, I've got to, you know, make sure that I just continue to help and push us to the standard of what I know that we can accomplish and what we can do. But you know, I'm grateful for who I get to do it with, and you know, I get you We've got a wonderful group, great you know, great players that that buy in and allow us to coach them and to push them to to to that next level. And uh, you know, we're excited about where we're going. And you know, definitely uh, you know, fortunate for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: What are a couple of.
Speaker 1: Things you don't like about the head coaching position?
Speaker 3: What are a couple things that I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you say, like as you were coming up, You're like, do I even want to be a head coach? Like maybe when you're a coordinator? Are there things about this job I might not like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What might be a couple of you know, I think, well.
Speaker 1: Let's just say hypothetically, you know, hypothetically in a different world.
Speaker 2: You sit there and you go through like coming up, and you know, some of the budgetary decisions that have to be made because as a coach, you want what everything for your players, and I want to be able to to help give them all the resources everything I need. Well, you know, the path that I've had coming up, you got to learn how to sometimes do more with less, And you know, I'm grateful for some of those experiences because now I get to prioritize what it's going to be, and you know there might be some some flash things that are that that maybe we didn't have or we chose not to have to be able to get things that made a difference. And you know, for me, you know, it's like being able to understand the identity of what we want a team to be and then make sure everything along the way points to the identity. And as you come to a place like Florida State and the resources and as we've continue even as we've continued to grow and push over these last four years, I'm excited about, you know, the impact and the and the resources we've been able to pride for our players. But that was something that I did not you didn't necessarily enjoy early because when you have to choose not to do something because you just didn't have it into a budget, that's tough. But then it's also the things that I grew to level, right, well, how can we work to get things necessary to get the job done and provide our players with all that we can And you know, it's it is a but on the flip side of it, the thing that what I love about my job, and there's nothing like Every decision that I make right impacts so many and it's the importance of every decision, so you don't get to any of the throwaway decisions. I'll never forget my first day on the being a head coach at Memphis. You know, you sit there and there's no like script out here here, your head coach, you have to go do it right. It's your program. Go right and do the press conference. You'll get a chance to meet with the team, all those things.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm feeling it. It's ready, it's rolling right.
Speaker 2: I remember coming back to my office and you my administrative assistant, Sherry Schwartz, wonderful woman, a lover. Okay, she comes into my office right and she goes, coach, what time do you want me coming to work tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Because the previous staff I got to do this.
Speaker 1: And this.
Speaker 2: That's as simple of a question as you can imagine. But whatever response I gave her was going to impact her life, her life when she comes to work, when she leaves work, whatever the things that she's used to, whatever she needs.
Speaker 3: Like that decision, you.
Speaker 2: Know, in all honesty, at that moment, like just miss you sure well, you know whatever I told her was going to be impactful for her life experience. And that's what I love because you get asked a million questions as a leader, but do you understand that even the smallest answer is going to have a monumental impact for those around you. And I love that because every day, I mean, you have to be on it. You got to be You got to have a broad scope, the willingness to say no to certain things. You know, kind of like as we talked about with the budget, you got to the willingness to say no that might not be pleasing to somebody in a moment, but it's better for the big picture of it that those are the those are the fun experiences that you get to because I've made plenty of mistakes and decisions and you learn from those, you get better from those, and you know, it's just that's that's what I do love about.
Speaker 3: The inneral That's awesome. You aspired being the NFL NFL A coach one day, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean you never know, I mean never say you know, never say never, But like you know, I do love the opportunity I get to impact eighteen to twenty two year olds and this time of their life, you know, to be able to help build and facilitate habits that are going to help them be successful there at the next level. You know, I love the relationship aspect of it. You know, the first time guys have to leave home, they're not going to see in their parents every day, or their loving them, their guardian, whoever that might be. You know, helping build them in that moment is critical and I get so much enjoyment out of that. You know, you get to be a true difference maker for him. You know, to say that I'd never have any aspirations. Uh, And I'm not going to say that that would never be the case, but right, I mean, I absolutely love getting to do what I do and I can't see doing anything else.
Speaker 1: You got anything else for coach Crush? Yeah, hey, thank you so much. This has been This has been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys being here. It's a wonderful place and uh and enjoy enjoy the visit and goings.
Speaker 1: What uh, what game would you recommend us to come to this year?
Speaker 2: There's there's nothing like There's nothing like the the last one we're gonna have, the last record season game here is gonna be be pretty live.
Speaker 3: I can promise you that, okay, all right, you might have to come to that one.
Speaker 1: Coach. Thank you man, a great one.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I think can we take a photo