Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 1: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Six past segment, let's got kid six patient touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's so wonderful Wednesday Talkie Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC Studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got the full cast and crew ready to rock for you this morning. That's right, Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans and back in the building, mister Isaiah stand back as well.
Speaker 1: Black Rifled up. Baby, let's get it done. Same. What did you get in? Oh? Not bad, not bad.
Speaker 7: I got in about five thirty pm. I got straight to the film. You know, we have filming to do here, so I had to get it over to the producers. I spent about two and a half hours, three hours last night I was I was doing the Ring of Powers on Amazon Prime as well as doing my film work as well as doing the analyst work on the back end.
Speaker 1: So we had a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 3: You you sound like Scott hand the Rings.
Speaker 1: Oh my brother, I am catching up. Oh yeah, okay, the battles just begun. That's how I ended last night. I watched two episodes last night. Don't get me started. My wife was like, who is this for.
Speaker 7: I was like, well, I'm looking at all the analytics, and then I go from looking at the analytics to looking at the film to back the analytics, and then I submit those to the production team and then I can finish watching my Ring of Powers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, show us to all my og Game of Thrones stands, who completely stopped and gave up on the final season of Game of Thrones and has decided not to participate in that garbage ever since.
Speaker 1: Oh well, first of all, I was going to because the first party of statement was a fistball, but then a down statement.
Speaker 8: Like what Game of Thrones?
Speaker 7: No, we were talking power.
Speaker 8: It's the same show. They came out the same stop Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm going to nerds him. No, damn right, you're such nerds. So good Damn Rash.
Speaker 6: I was watching basketball last night. NBA is back, so I was watching the regular seasons back.
Speaker 3: Regular season started last night.
Speaker 1: You know what this is? This is like the best of all nerdy jocks. That's pretty much. Yeah, we could vibe with both crews. I saw Lebron talking to his son on the bench in with him. That's pretty cool. Yeah, he looked at your Your boy.
Speaker 3: Griffy Jr. Was there last night watching it too with his dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, griff.
Speaker 3: There last night.
Speaker 1: I actually had that company. We were in l A. You should have gone. I was bad. I was coming back which table did you say that, Kyle?
Speaker 8: At the lunch room? I'm like back in like high school, you know what I mean? Was it like the jock table? Were you sitting at the table?
Speaker 3: I sat with the sports nerds table?
Speaker 1: Actually sports?
Speaker 6: Yeah, every day we talked about sports pretty like legit.
Speaker 3: There. They're still like to my day, my.
Speaker 6: Best friends, like like I will talk to them every single day, Like I think half of them were in my wedding, Like I mean like, yeah, most all of them were at my wedding.
Speaker 1: Lifers. Yeah, there's like that's who I sat with. You know what I don't mean.
Speaker 3: Let's get into some news and notes here on this Wednesday.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys back on the practice field today and starting their preparation, hopefully not start.
Speaker 1: The game is preparation.
Speaker 3: Here is a game this week.
Speaker 6: No more bye week, bye bye bye, good bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Eleven street weeks, not stop football. So here we are news and notes on Tuesday. Obviously going to be a little bit thin because well a lot thin, because the Cowboys practice tomorrow and Mike McCarthy will speak today until eleven thirty. But based off what we know, Michael Parsons is still up in the air, per Michael Parsons. Jerry Jones told the fan on well, yeah today, Yes, he talked the fan on Tuesday. Yeah, I'm losing track of my days by to the bay that practice today. They do practice today, Today's Wednesday. Let me get my stuff together. Josh threw me off with the whole token disrespect. So that's that's different.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I'm cool talking all right.
Speaker 1: So today being Wednesday, Mike mccarthury will talk at eleven thirty. We'll see if he gives any updates on injuries. I don't think that he will because he himself said on Monday that he's waiting effective today Wednesday to start seeing what dron Bland Michael Parsons can do. Spoke with Michael Parsons, as I mentioned on Monday, he said it's up in the air. Jerry Jones on Tuesday to one oh five three the Fans said that Micah and Douran are both game time decisions. I know I saw a tweet from our good friend Clarence Hill on yesterday saying that per an employee in the building, Michael Parsons was limping on yesterday. I didn't see Michael yesterday. We did see Michael on Monday. Wasn't limp. There wasn't a limp Onday limp on Monday.
Speaker 3: I didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: And also I also say that employee was not us now us to that point on Thursday. Was it Thursday? I believe it was Thursday. I went to the Texas State Fair. Shout out to the Texas State Hey, if I went to the Texas State Fair, I did not cheat like you do, because you accusations accusations and that like you admitted to it. I'm walking around Texas State Fair, and who do I see but Michael Parsons. Right. So Michael Parsons with his family walking around carrying his daughter, Okay, there was no noticeable limp. Now I compare that to the Micah I saw earlier in that week when he came out on to the practice field to do his sideline rehab and there was a noticeable limp. So I say that to say, whomever you know told Clarence here, what is it? Yeah that there out your sources clearance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we're being we're playing three D chests here because the Niners are looking at the injury report, they're looking at the Twitter. They're like, oh, yeah're telling you they're looking extra stay fair, mine eyes.
Speaker 1: What are the odds? Though? So I'm walking around to Texas State Fair and literally I'm about to get a turkey leg and I look to the right and here comes Michael Parsons with several of his family members holding his daughter and super dad, right, superdad. And so the first thing I popped in my head was like, man, this this guy is such a real dude, because I love just the dad. Talk to him, no, because you're you're with your peach Frian respect. I will see him at work. He's with you.
Speaker 8: Later, Kyle hates that man when people come up to him while he's with.
Speaker 1: Now. Of course, right after I acknowledged mentally, if.
Speaker 6: You're a fan of talking cowboys, you can come up to me anytime, anytime, any time, and we have fans to do and I love that.
Speaker 1: Today Kyle is.
Speaker 8: One of those like, are you too?
Speaker 1: Are you you know what I mean? You see three kids in my arms. It's not bless bless his hort. But I didn't see Michael Limpin on Thursday. We didn't see Michael limping on Monday in the locker room. That's not to say that he's not still dealing with the high ankle sprain, but as far as it being noticeable, I didn't notice it. So you'll see what he looks like today in practice.
Speaker 6: So there must have been a legitimate setback which with the Ron Bland, because last week it was pretty emphatic. He's working in the right direction, he's playing, he's going that way, he's he's doing all these different things, and then all of a sudden it's like, oh, no, he's actually not going to play. As of Saturday morning, they were like, oh he suffered a setback in soreness.
Speaker 1: That's what Steven Jones said exactly what it was.
Speaker 6: So it must have been a significant setback if he's I mean, they've activated his twenty one day window, which is continuing to count at this point October thirtieth.
Speaker 1: I believe it's going to be the dealing, which would be when next week Thursday Wednesday.
Speaker 6: So he could not play in this game, and it's fine, it's the next game he's got to play.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I would use the word significant setback if we're just talking about soreness, I think.
Speaker 3: But he went from playing to questionable two weeks later.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the Let's look at the actual arc of it, right, So the actual arc of it was when he was activated, when his window, a practice window was activated. Mike McCarthy was firm, insane. I need to see him practice. We're taking this day by day, full speed. Right. No, well, yeah, first, but it wasn't until Jerry got on the fan.
Speaker 3: No, Steven both said.
Speaker 1: Initially Jerry was in lockstep with Mike and saying, we don't know, it's kind of a long shot. Then Stephen spoke with the fan, it was like, oh, oh yeah, it's likely. Steven spoke with Nick Eatman right, and then Jeffrey in his one oh five three the Fan interview days later Friday morning, he was in lockstep with then Stephen, but then Mike in the press None in the press conference, but in the conference call, Mike said, it's day to day. Love the factor he rides on the same page he so Mike said, it's day to day. So if you look at the arc of it, McCarthy initially told you that he was unlikely to play. He wanted to see him practice. It didn't spike until Steven said what he said and his playing. That injected a ton of optimism into the fan base. But I was still sitting here like, uh, I don't know, but it's sawnes. I wouldn't say it significant. I think it goes to the conversation of if there was any soreness at all with a bye week coming up, why risk it? And I want to ensure that people understand that there do not look at this training staff sideways. When you guys are hearing all this up and down, the executives going back and forth. Understand that that that that Gim.
Speaker 7: And Britt and and the whole team over there do a heck of a job in terms of rehabbing right, but understand, as much time as I've spent with Britt unfortunately over there on the bands, right, working the bands on the sidelines, and then you go over there with the strength coach, you know, with Coach h and you go over there and you do your your your routes and your back pedals and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, a position specific drills.
Speaker 7: Nothing, nothing can recreate what you're going to do when you're.
Speaker 1: Out there doing live bullets. There's just nothing. I mean, you can be as prepared, as as strong, as conditioned as you as you want to be. You can look good, they can you know, you can do all the testing.
Speaker 7: But until you get out there, and that's why I'm pretty sure coach McCarthy was hesitant to be like, hey, let's go. Until you get out there and you're going full speed and you're and you're reacting and you're playing full you cannot recreate that in rehab.
Speaker 1: You just can't.
Speaker 7: I don't care how great of a rehab team you have, you can't recreate that, Which is why it's always gonna be a little speculation until you get out there and run drills full speed. So that's why when you get out there and practice and you say, all right, the gloves are off, the red jersey's off, let's go now, all of a sudden, that's when you start saying, oh, it flared up a little bit, right, Okay, we didn't see that in rehab, even though we stressed the crap out of it, we didn't see that response. So now, let's let that calm down. Un Let's let your body adjust to growing full speed.
Speaker 6: So even if there's a little miscommunication between the front office in terms of coach front office and the way they communicate the injury to the media, there's not going to be a disconnect in terms of the training staff and the player.
Speaker 3: No, no, that's not the case.
Speaker 8: To your point, even further, it was obviously it seemed like it was a setback that it basically just turned the brakes on it.
Speaker 3: It's like all it was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't going to slam on the brakes, just like a little press. Let's not even risk let's stop it at a stop light, breaks, let's go, let's get to the buy a week.
Speaker 8: Let's see how he responds to this afterwards and more full practices hopefully this week and see if he can be ready for San Francis.
Speaker 3: But it may have been one of those yellow lights that you're driving to work at.
Speaker 6: Instead of speeding right through it and getting impossibly some trouble, just take it cautiously.
Speaker 1: I always saw for every yellow light, every single yellow light, turn my yellows into reds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know this was talking liars.
Speaker 1: Safety first, Kuy, talking.
Speaker 3: Liars is what it is.
Speaker 1: This is what this show has become. Now. However, if you ever see me self and criminate as a fan, as a fan, have your antennas up though, because there will be a tremendous pact on getting two Pro Bowls back out of eleven guys on defense. It would be a tremendous impact. So be cautious until it happens.
Speaker 7: But when it happens, expect good things regardless of whatever system that they're running.
Speaker 6: Well, think about the starters that could return this week, could return, I should potential potential Returndron Bland, Michael Parsons, Eric Kendricks, Tyler Guidon Uh, Kaitlyn Carson, and then am I missing anybody out of that all defensive name except for guiding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because everyone else is everybody are ye all? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the fact that you can get those starters back this week is significant and started pro bowling to a matchup where San Francisco is really really damn they're.
Speaker 1: On the ropes. They don't don't they don't feel bad. I don't feel bad for what may happen this weekend, but I feel bad for the situation here. I just like I feel bad. You feel aboud for the Cowboys losing their too deep a defensive end. Yeah that sucks. Yeah, I feel bad.
Speaker 7: You just just sucks because the front office there's nothing you can do to prepare yourself for that.
Speaker 1: Here's the San Francisco always want teams to be at full strength when I play them because I don't want any excuses. I am that super competitor guy. That being said, if you are missing some guys, you're not getting sympathy. No, no, no, no, no, no sympathy. It is just like it's just from the front office perspective, right, it just sucks because you cannot prepare Like San Frian, you can't prepare for what your your first round player to get shot and then your your your your big shouts, your big contract to get him as well. His ACL taken out, like you can't predict that stuff. Yeah, shouts out to him as well, because he was he's back out there. That's insanity.
Speaker 3: Here's the injury list for the forty nine ers right now.
Speaker 6: Christian McCaffrey Achilles, Brandon, I you knee, Deebo Samuel hospitalized due to pneumonia symptoms, which that's wild and hopefully he's okay from that. George kettle Foot Hufung Gay on the defensive side wrist injury, Drake Greenlaw achilles injury, and Jake Moody the kicker ankle injury, Juwan Jennings hip, Javon Hargrave triceps.
Speaker 3: And that's not even it.
Speaker 6: It could say I did say, I use it already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you do you go check check check check check. Playmaker, playmaker, playmaker, playmaker, playming.
Speaker 1: They're worst, They're in the worst position in Dallas is in.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that in terms of injury and injuries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could still win this game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they can't.
Speaker 1: Just why I don't, no, it's fact though. It's fact though, because we've seen we've seen the Cowboys go up against teams that have been super banged up, and you're thinking to yourself, Oh, this this should be got a chance. Yeah, this should be easier, and then they walk right into a buzz off. And so you can't do that against a team that's been owning you. You can't. But human nature dictates that when you start to see the names on that list that there is at least a possibility for those that are not emotionally disciplined enough that a little bit right come off and be like, oh, I don't have to floor it around, you know, turn one right, because you know going Formula one. Hereeah, we're going Formula one. You're talking to language verse. Stapping is sick today, he's out today, So I can this race is going to be easier. No, it's still not. You need to drive it never the race. The race should always be with your right. The race should always be with your check. Now, who else is in the other cars anyway? So rather McCaffrey is.
Speaker 6: On Louis Hamilton, keep going, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Whether McCaffrey's on the field or not, whether the I is on the field or not, whether Juan jen Is is on the field or not, whether this it doesn't matter. Run your race. You need to go out there and act like every single one of those all pros is on the field and pro bowlers are on the field. Otherwise you risk losing a game you cannot afford to lose and against a team fired up, absolutely owned you. I'm fired up.
Speaker 6: Let's clip it, Let's send it across the hall. That's what Mia McCarthy's message to the team is.
Speaker 1: It's going to be Patrick know now, don't f a fo and he has the ring of power on. Don't f a fo king stove? What is f a fo? We'll talk about it in the brick blank around and find out.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on time for a little bit of lab coat, We're.
Speaker 6: Going into the classroom to learn from Patrick Nosey Walker, Pat what we got today.
Speaker 1: We're going with the magic number eleven. The magic number is eleven, and we'll break down in the next segment what that eleven means for the cowboys right after this.
Speaker 3: To talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of black Rifle coffee. That's right America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 5: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 3: At and T five G.
Speaker 5: Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See atd dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 6: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 10: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of cowboys Nation. And if you to drink Doctor Pepper you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 3: The wins will be even tasteier.
Speaker 1: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Odes, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Is the quake car coat still a thing?
Speaker 1: Bamer?
Speaker 3: We still do something?
Speaker 1: Now? It is?
Speaker 3: It is up now the Quake car code there is BANG right next Isaday by Oats on the entrance Internet. All right, Patrick, no, see Walker, it's time for some lap coach.
Speaker 1: Did you do push ups? Actually? Do push ups and planks every morning, pushing flowing. I was thinking about doing a challenge with you.
Speaker 8: I do one push up every morning.
Speaker 1: I do the orange one, pushing it off the bit to get up.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking. You're going, that's a push up?
Speaker 1: Did an orange one?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean? Like the flintstone? Was that what we're talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, man, oh but that's classic though. You got to know to know, you know what? The push ups? Yeah, a challenge for I don't know.
Speaker 8: We're talking ice cream and.
Speaker 1: We'll come back to it. We can do two fifty push ups fifty sit ups a day for for a week. Let's see what we can do it push See, that's the NFL player over here, issuing challenge from the knees from the from the knees. Yeah, okay, what is that done? Push up? Done? Come on for the real thing. Come on, man, come on, new there we go, so lap cold I heard, bring me appreciate that. Yeah, science, we're going with the magic number today of eleven eleven eleven eleven. Let's start at two parts. Let's start with Ceedee Lamb. I spoke a lot about in biology, and then yesterday's episode how I feel like I need to see more from Ceedee Lamb. And again to qualify that I'm not speaking specifically or solely about Ceedee Lamb, although that's inclusive of it, I'm also talking about Schottenheimer and McCarthy's ability to move him around, scheme him open against these coverages things like that. Bottom line is the Cowboys need more games or four quarters of dominant play from their him, because Ceedee Lamb is the hem on this offense. Okay, Now, a little bit of optimism, because there's a lot of pessimism that we can rightfully speak on when you're three and three and you're owing three at home and those three losses have been embarrassing, Ceedee Lamb has been disjointed with Dak Prescott. All of these things are true, okay, but there's something about Ceedee Lamb after the bye week. There's something special about that guy after the bye week. So last season, through the first six games, we talked about it. The production is similar. Go back and look at yesterday's episode. The production is similar, but the efficiency is way down. Okay, He's targeted way more to get the same production numbers that he did last year. But after the bye he last season one hundred and thirty nine targets, one hundred and one yards, just under thirteen hundred receiving yards, and eleven touchdowns. He had just one touchdown going into the bye last week, he had eleven coming out of it. So over the remaining eleven games of the regular season last year, he had eleven touchdowns. Okay, seems like Ceedee Lamb cooks up after the bye. Will that hoole true? Hopefully? So seems to be a thing with him now. Keeping with the number eleven because I want to talk about this other point as well. Do you think the Cowboys have an issue moving the ball or do you think the Cowboys have an issue scoring the ball, scoring, scoring the ball. He would be absolutely correct. Red zone struggles. Yet again, read zone struggles. And here's where it is. Number eleven. Always have eleven drives of ten plays or more this season? How many touchdowns do you think they have on those drives? How many drives again, eleven? Three, ten or more? Plays? Are you two? Yeah, I'd probably say I'd say four, closer, five, not great, good, not terrible, A little less than fifty percent.
Speaker 6: As you're putting together drives like that, you should be at least seventy louder.
Speaker 1: For the people you are consistently stringing together ten plus play drives, you should have more than five touchdowns off of those. They have eleven of those types of drives, and they're scoring the ball touchdown wise because Brandon Aubrey is doing what he's doing. So field goals, I'm pulling that out of the equation because you shouldn't be playing for field goals, especially on drives with ten or more plays, and you should be scoring the football in the end zone. They score in the end zone on ten plus play drives less than fifty percent of the time, and they have eleven of So if the Cowboys get that, just goes to the fact of what we've been talking about. If the Cowboys can establish themselves in the red zone or better still, thirty yards and from the opponents thirty to the end zone. Because it's not just the red zone issue. It seems like the brick wall is at the thirty, not the twenty. It just gets it worsens as you get closer. Cowboys need to figure it out. So the magic number today is eleven to one. Both of them are offensive related. Ceedee Lamb coming out of the by when he has eleven games left last season, eleven touchdowns keeping to the offense, They've now had eleven drives or ten or more plays, but they score touchdowns on less than half of them. That's not delicious. The first eleven is city, go cook up. The next eleven is not Cowboys. You are extending plays, are stending drives. That's wonderful. And then what stop giving the ball away, Stop finding ways to shoot yourself in the foot, stop getting drive killing penalties, holdings and things right starts, and just clean it up. So that shows the Cowboys can be a better team. And that's what should give you some optimism because these are fixable issues. So just fix them, fix the man, fix the Felix.
Speaker 8: Exercise those demons, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the push ups. Now how do you fix it though? Well, first of all, it starts with doing away with the self inflicted wounds, right, So the discipline part of it comes into play. Okay. From the discipline part, you can then say, okay, well we're not getting behind the chains. After we get a nine to ten play drive and all of a sudden it's holding on Tyler Guy, nor Zach Martin or Tyler Smell or Terrence Steele because Babe hasn't really been a holding guy. But those other four guys, you get a holding penalty, and now your back okay. And now the psychology of it is if you're a team, and I know Isaiah can attest to this. When you're a team that's already struggling in a particular thing, right, and then you get into that particular space and you have a setback, there's always this danger of oh, here we go again, and now you're already self defeating. Okay, so clean up the penalty. You stop getting behind the chain, stop doing all of that thing those things. The next thing is you need the communication between dak and CD to get where it needs to get because some of those giveaways by Dak Prescott those interceptions. Who was the target? CD? Yeah, get on the same page. I've seen the giveaway here or there because it was a miscommunication on the route. Dak thought it would be a hitch to the outside. He threw it to the spot easy money in Pittsburgh. I've seen him where Dak himself said he didn't look the safety off enough on the cross on the deep crosser, so he throws it. Brian Branch gets his first interception of that first of two interceptions in that game. Yeah, miscommunication. Do you guys fix In terms of fixing the red zone? Do you guys feel that the running game will have a greater effect on the conversion in the red zone or you guys think the passing game will have a greater effect on a conversion in the red zone?
Speaker 7: Which if you had to pick which one to be more phishing in which one would you pick in terms of solving the red zone issues?
Speaker 8: I would pick the running game at least in the red zone because I feel like if that threat is no longer there, I mean, it wasn't there necessarily last year, but the year before, it was when Zeke was running the ball up the middle in the red zone and you could trust him to get that touchdown. At this point, it is it is definitely not there. I think another aspect of that is when you do have a really solid run, it is often called back for holding. I feel like that that bites us in the butt every single time. It's about the execution and the spotlight that I think certain players have on them, especially Tyler Gright now with you know, obviously calling out the reps at one point this season. I don't know if that's necessarily a marked man. I don't know if he's a marked man necessarily, but I think the spotlight is is constantly honest, especially whenever it is a really good.
Speaker 1: Run in your life, really whispering about him.
Speaker 8: You can almost guarantee that that run is getting called back any solid.
Speaker 1: Like oh wow, look at it. Run for the yellow and they're like, wait, does that right to me?
Speaker 8: It's the run?
Speaker 1: Extra agree Josh's worth, because you can't if you established the run in the rid zone, now you can play off of the run. Sure, And here's here's Isaiah's in general action. Okay, if you if they if they are worried that your efficient run game can be an effector in the end zone or the red zone, they have to defend against that, and when they do, then you get more of the playbook opened up. Okay, in the passing game, so one thing compliments the other.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's a wrong answer here. But I'm also looking at the fact that there are six receiving touchdowns to wide receivers right now. There are two receiving touchdowns to running backs currently. You know how many tight ends have a touchdown right now? You know what I many touchdowns a tight end has caught this season? Absolutely zero?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fergus has been quiet man.
Speaker 3: Quiet quiet?
Speaker 6: So why has both both have been both have not had the success the passing game and the rushing game.
Speaker 3: Neither one has been They've must been dormant. I it's because we have that bet.
Speaker 8: It's we have the touch the tight end touchdown bet.
Speaker 1: That's what is that one? You don't remember that?
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 8: I think it was scores a touchdown he has to wear Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That was like that was for one game established.
Speaker 11: Because nobody's no one's going to score a touchdown apparently, But I I want to see more from the passing game in the red zone because a lot of them is the mistakes have been centered around the passing game in the red zone.
Speaker 6: And the lack of production in the red zone from the passing game is significant as well.
Speaker 3: I agree with you completely.
Speaker 6: I think the rushing attack in general, whether they're at the fifty yard line, the opponent's twenty yard line, your own twenty yard line, I.
Speaker 3: Don't care any more rushing attack period, But in.
Speaker 6: Terms of the red zone, I think I would rather see more passing attack coming up.
Speaker 1: I'm a running guy. I want to run. I want to run a ball, and there's no reason, no reason why you cannot. You should not be able to run the ball. With this offensive line. You have three first round picks on the offensive line. You have Cooper Bebe, who has been he's been. We haven't said his name.
Speaker 8: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing. We haven't had to talk about.
Speaker 7: He's doing his job, right, He's doing his job with nobody's sat here and talked about. He's missing blocks, missing assignments, giving up, you know.
Speaker 1: Giving us. Yeah, he's not hurting even the penalties.
Speaker 7: So he's doing his job effectively, and this offensive line is not dominated. So to me, that's more concerning because I would much rather see my guys come off the line of scrim and say, hey, we're running this thing and make these guys come in here and load the box up. I don't care who we have in the backfield because it doesn't matter. All the running backs that are in the backfield right now, are they are serviceable right meaning if they have a hole, they're gonna hit it. There's no guy that's so slow and so incapable that he can't get picked up the yard is that you need. That's not the situation here with the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: They just you don't have guys that who can create, and there's very few of those guys in this league right now that can create. So with that being said, take the attention off the running back group and put it back on the office line.
Speaker 7: Are you creating the holes necessary? Are you moving the defense backwards now? And no, the answer is no. But if you are able to move the defense backwards, you are now able to run the ball willingly. You're able to get creative in your running scheme. Sure you're able to mix a match who is running the ball right based upon their abilities because of how they can attack the defense, whether you want to attack outside, whether you want to attack inside, whether you want to run zone, whether you want to run some of the zone read stuff we saw. We saw some speed option stuff in training camp. There's a whole lot of things that we've seen that we have not gotten to this year yet. So the running game affects all of that, and then what happens now I'm so concerned about the run. Now I have to take the double team off a CD, and now Jalen Tolbert has a chance for jump balls, and now I can get Ferguson out on routes because right now, Ferguson, you're at your attached to dog on hip of either tackle right now. Because I don't trust effect that we're gonna be able to.
Speaker 3: Protect see and that's my thing.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's trust up front in the office to the line right now, and I don't know if they've earned it either.
Speaker 3: Because we just talked about Cooper BB.
Speaker 6: He's been serviceable, Zach Martin has been serviceable to bad at times. Uh Terrence Steele has been serviceable to bad at times. Same thing on the opposite side, probably more so bad for Tyler gutt And than serviceable.
Speaker 3: Tyler Smith is the.
Speaker 6: Only one up front that I would say has been good this year. That's a problem across the board. And I don't think they can move a defense back. I don't think they can do that this year because we haven't seen it over and over and over again. It's not like they haven't tried to run the football right.
Speaker 1: I don't think the bioay's gonna change it. I don't know, Jim, Jim, I don't.
Speaker 6: It's a mental I think that mentality will be great in twenty twenty five for this offensive line because they're just not there.
Speaker 1: But then you got to play.
Speaker 3: I don't never have I don't have faith in this offensive that don't.
Speaker 8: Just when you get into the Renzo, just give me thirteen personnel, you know what I mean? Like, as soon as you get there, just run the dang ball with as much blocking as you possibly.
Speaker 1: I have faith faith.
Speaker 7: I have faith that this officeer line could turn it around because there's there's not an inability on the office line.
Speaker 1: There's not one spot that you point out and say, you know what, sure wish you had somebody else. You know what I'm saying. No, like you have your guys. You have your guys up there, so you put Cooper bb in there from the I like it love I don't love the five. I like the five.
Speaker 3: I like the five, but I'm there with you like the five. I don't love it like Tyler.
Speaker 1: Let's go from left to right, Tyler guid. He just needs confidence, pure confidence, young guy and a young guy inexperience. He'll be fine later on. Yeah, but again, I go back to week one. You took care of business week one. That is the best the league has to offer.
Speaker 3: You have that lot of I hear you.
Speaker 1: But he held his own right, He held his own He gave up a strip. I'm not even gonna call it a sack. He gave up a Strip's you. So give him the confidence that, hey, bro, you took care of the best of this league, and throw at you. Go out there and handle everybody else. Stop giving up a pass rushes on the inside. They have to come through you right attached at the hip. Put a band around him and freaking Tyler Smith and make him do drills all day long and trust that symmetry. Right, So give him confidence he can play all right, Tyler Smith, We know t Smith could play. Check right, Cooper bb Cooper beebe is a why he's dog gone, snuffle up a gets in there.
Speaker 7: Okay, he can go out there and move guys off the ball. To give him the confidence, right, Get him a little angry. I know he likes to smile and all that jazz. Get him a little get him a little bit, you know.
Speaker 3: A little angry if I'm still young in experience and experience too.
Speaker 1: Like, find out what his hot button is.
Speaker 7: Find out what his hot button is and get him going. Zach Martin, just gotta just gotta get the motor going. Get the motor girl. We know, we know what the game plan is going forward for you. But this year, this year, we need you to go out there and be who you can be. Not in the army before the Dallas Cowboys and then Terry Steele, just just do you, bro, Just do who you don't. Just do what you do and don't give up sex. You've been doing it bad. He hasn't been great. He hasn't been great. We gotta get that fire back. And again, it's the offensive line. Is is a chemistry thing and it's an attitude. These guys are capable. I just want to see it happen.
Speaker 8: They need some of that Trent Williams mentality. You know, just a nasty dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's borderline dirty though. That's why I'm like nasty, yes dirty, no touch me in my head.
Speaker 3: We need to take our second break.
Speaker 1: Because it takes a second. I asked one another second break.
Speaker 3: But we got a preview defense. We haven't done anything on the defense so far tomorrow because you're scheme.
Speaker 1: And o line. I have a question about scheming on line. Make a note for a runner. I'm making it out. I'm making it note.
Speaker 6: So let's let's come back after the break. We're going to talk defensive preview against San Francisco.
Speaker 3: We haven't done that at all today. Got on the tangent on the the lab code as always.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 3: Uh when we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 5: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At.
Speaker 1: And T fi G.
Speaker 5: Fast reliable, secure five G.
Speaker 4: Requires CAMPATBA plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See att dot com slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here, with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in club much this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 14: For questions about their money? Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may vary. Digital tools feature required dowloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Elish language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To talkin Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Here, I'm talking Cowboys This portion of the show is brought to you by and Visa Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're back with us, Isaiah stand Back, Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman's Josh.
Speaker 3: I'll start with you number one matchup.
Speaker 6: You're looking forward to Dallas Defense versus the San Francisco Off.
Speaker 8: Mike Zimmer versus Kyle Shanahan's baby pretty all the time.
Speaker 1: It's what but I'll give you this. I'll give you this little statistic here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: But wait, Mike Zimmer is four and two against Kyle Shanahan. Interesting, right, and Kyle Shanahan has a tree. He's a trendy guy. Not only in look he's a good looking guy, but if you look at his trends.
Speaker 3: The side note, the.
Speaker 8: Side note is't wrong with it nothing, There's nothing wrong with that. Hey, nothing wrong with that? Uh, Kyle Shannon, he's a trendy guy. If you looked at Steve Smagnolo going up against the Knas City Chiefs last week one and nine against the Specnolo, he tends to just to follow these trends throughout his career. Hoping that that continues with Mike zimmer Another. Okay, I'm concerned concernicus about Jordan Mason. Granted, he had his Disney movie at the very beginning of the season. He was, you know, taking over for Christian McCaffrey. Ran for hundred and forty plus yards.
Speaker 1: He looked great.
Speaker 8: But he hasn't been able to replicate the production of a Christian McCaffrey quite yet.
Speaker 1: I mean who could, right?
Speaker 8: But since week won, Mason has two touchdowns and two fumbles. Interesting, not give.
Speaker 1: Up the Churches money, will we?
Speaker 8: He did have a bell Cow game against the Patriots, twenty four rushes for one hundred and twenty three yards.
Speaker 1: Very respectable.
Speaker 8: One thing that I'm very concerned about, and this is as far as matchups go, This for me is linebackers versus Jordan Mason and the forty nine ers rushing attack three point seven yards after contact for Jordan Mason. Not anything to write home about necessary Rea shoot, but the Dallas Cowboys do not do well at yards after contact. This to me is very very very concerning boys. I got yeah, miss tackles big time at least for me. For Jordan Mason. Uh So, linebackers, whoever's in there. I mean Eric Hendricks hopefully, hopefully, hopefully you got Marist, you have the mone Clark, so let's see how it turns out.
Speaker 3: I'm having flashbacks with Alvin Kamara and the the Saints.
Speaker 8: Just wrap him up, baby, No more shoulder don't shoulder tack. I'm done with the with the Xavier Woods form of tackling. Man, don't don't just shoulder a guy.
Speaker 1: And I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what are you looking forward to most?
Speaker 1: I am looking forward to seeing specifically Terrence Steele versus versus Boso. I think Nick he's nice. Obviously he's he hasn't necessarily pilot the sacks. He only has three and a half sacks this year, but he he is. Think he's third in the league in terms of pressures. I think that's where he's at. No, let me get my stats up right. Yeah, actually he leads the league in pressures, So that's awesome. Nice. So yeah, he's he's he's a dude out there. Yeah, he's really fun. He's up there. Yeah that's not what you want, but yeah, so he leads the league in pressures, but he's only he's third on the sack list all right, and turned three and a half sacks out a year. So he's not killing in that department, but he will put pressure on your guys, So somebody you want to keep an eye on. Okay, he can be a game record even though they're missing some of their some of their main dogs defensively on the interior. Obviously, he can still present a lot of problems for you. And we talk about this passing game and trying to get it going. That's not who you want to drop the ball on in terms of forgetting what he's capable of doing. Just because he's not lighting up the stat sheet on the sack side of things, he still affects his game tremendously. Do not let him get going.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm thinking back to the guys that the Cowboys have faced already this season.
Speaker 1: Right, they face TJ.
Speaker 6: Miles Garrett Week one, he had a sack uh New Orleans Saints Cam Jordan Week two?
Speaker 3: Did he have a sack in that game?
Speaker 1: Was it was?
Speaker 6: It was a strip sack. Let's not let's not get carried. Yeah, that one, it was definitely. It was definitely a strip sack. The ball was fumbled and the ball was down, there was a strip. Sack still counts on.
Speaker 3: The on the thing, I'm sorry, uh t J Watt.
Speaker 6: He had multiple sacks in that matchup. Aiden Hutchinson had a sack prior to his injury.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Every time you've gone up against a top notch.
Speaker 1: Edge rusher, you've give it up.
Speaker 3: You've given up a sack, You've given up one throughout the season.
Speaker 6: So I kind of expect the same sort of thing with Nick Bosa this week because even though the pressures are there, that means he's in the backfield without the sack total specifically.
Speaker 3: I'm that just means he's due, in my opinion, for a couple.
Speaker 1: Of sacks, and so he finished. If you drop back, let me ask you this question because a lot of people will feel, but would believe that you're having a successful day if you only give up one sack and you drop back forty times. Yeah, is that a successful day against Nick Boson, against Nick Bosa? Yeah, the timing of the sack, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would that time that the sack might hurt you a lot.
Speaker 1: Depending on the timing of the sack. Okay, that's why I qualify it. So maybe we'll give you a solid, such a solid maybe forty drop backs, you give up one sack? Did you do your job? Need more? Need more info?
Speaker 3: Because that's how that's how supposed to give a sack.
Speaker 1: But listen, I want people to understand that's how offensive tackles are. Great. Absolutely, you could do your job great thirty nine times, but then one time you give it up.
Speaker 3: Oh he sucks the nature of the position. Rather put in perspective for people.
Speaker 1: As long as that sack is in the first quarter and not on the potential game winning drive. That's what we mean when you said timing, you.
Speaker 6: Can go one show hal Tany could go one for forty in this World Series New York came. He's hits a walk off homer in the bottom of the bottom of the ninth inning in Game seven against the Yankees to win it all.
Speaker 3: You're that's all.
Speaker 6: You'll remember, So you remember, that's all you remember. I could have retten it written it up better. Yeah yeah, Texas again back in it.
Speaker 3: But what are you looking forward to? Pat best matchup this week?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with because now I feel I do feel like darn Bland returns. Okay, I feel but that was right. But I do feel like with the added the setback was not significant. It was just sore and his cowboys played it safe coming off of a bye week, more time to risk, more time to you know, get back to where he needs to get. So I think he plays. I say that to say it's Trayvon Diggs versus Brock party because with Duran Bland back on the field, assuming that that happens, you can't throw away from Trayvon now, okay, and in doing so, in testing Trayvon, I know for a fact Trayvon Diggs his over these past two weeks, all he's heard about is how poorly he played against the Lions. That's all he's heard. That's and it's the chip on his shoulder is going to be massive. Brock Purty is not having a good season. Wasn't having a good season before Brandon Ayyuk was lost for the season. He has he been brock Purty nine touchdowns, but he has seven interceptions. He's throwing the ball away.
Speaker 8: Is Dak having a good season.
Speaker 1: I would have said yes before the Lions game. Lion's game was very poor, so I was having an average season.
Speaker 8: Both Dak and Purdy's statistics are eerily similar, So an average season eerily similar. They both have a sixty three percent completetion percentage. Perty has thrown more yards, but the yards for average, touchdowns, interceptions, the number of times have been sacked.
Speaker 1: It's all and it's same.
Speaker 8: So it's pretty.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying pretty is a sixty million dollar quarter, right, He will will be, He will be. He will be paid more than Dak Prescott. I think that this is a game where it figure out how to get pressure on him because that offensive line outside of Trent Williams, you know, you got Dominique that they outside of Trent Williams, they're pressures that can be had on brock Party. That's why he's been sacked what thirteen times? Pressure the hell of a lot more seven interceptions to only nine touchdowns.
Speaker 6: That now he could be without Debo and now he's with Jawan Jennings and George Kittle this week.
Speaker 1: Will McCaffrey as will, so he's without true but possibly with his past catching target. He's still number three in the league and passing no.
Speaker 6: I get that, yeah, but they were they weren't that banged up until like the last two he's pressing.
Speaker 1: He's pressing. Watch the film he's pressing. Watching the youth is starting. It's it's the schemes and we'll get to that, right, this is schemes. He's pressing their predictable schemes.
Speaker 8: He's only thrown one hundred forty yards more than dak.
Speaker 1: Yere Party is pressing, so that lends to and they've played one more of him giving you an opportunity or three to take that ball away in the air. And I think Trevon Diggs gets an interception against Party.
Speaker 3: If you want to make a bold call, do it. You want to make a make a statement.
Speaker 1: Here, Trevon Diggs gets an interception against brought Party. Take it. If he doesn't, then you know he's not a pick sixer. He's not something. He's not Doran when it comes to that, say a louder so he can hear you. Doran is is the pick six I didn't say that, but if that's what you heard and it makes you mad enough to go do it. People up stop it.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: Listen across the hall.
Speaker 9: I know that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Digs is the interception king on this team and Doran is the pick six king. Does that mean that Doron can't outdo Digs in interception numbers. No, don't say. I'm not saying that. Does that mean that Travon can't run?
Speaker 3: Pick not six? Yeah, pick not the six, pick with a.
Speaker 1: Chunk chunk yardedge after So if you needed to pick a pick Trevon Diggs, pick six, fourth quarter with the Cowboys needing it most, he comes up and needing with it. He need, yeah, they need need. It's gonna be that kind of game. Hopefully not on both sides.
Speaker 12: No, I can.
Speaker 1: I can't have a prediction, and I hope you know what I mean. All right, So y'all want to with the fulld chess, right, the full chests all right? No, because then it's going to lead to the prediction. I don't want to hear score prediction yet. That's for I dig. Okay, that's fine. Singular singular prediction is Trayvon Diggs, which is my initial prediction. Treyvon Diggs gets an interception against Brock Purty in this game. The follow up is six. Yeah, that's a pig six.
Speaker 6: I love pressing Patrick for predictions because he's so calculated and everything. So I love like whenever we get a chance to just try and see how far we make this happen.
Speaker 1: Pick six gets brought Perdy tray Von's first pick six since suffering the torn ac. It's going to happen. That's my hopes. It's like inside out. It was like somebody in his hand pulling up tracks and just putting it in. No out. So I have the calculation and I have the prodition, and then there's anxiety, And here's anxiety. I was going to his cow Anxiety runs out and just starts slapping and moving levels on the board and everything, and everybody saw it going crazy. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 6: Hey, if it ends up happening, we're gonna have one hell of a time on Monday clipping.
Speaker 3: That and making sure that it's back in the fold.
Speaker 1: Seven for six. There you go. I love it.
Speaker 6: That's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys today. We'll be back tomorrow. We'll have some pub vision. We'll break down the Cowboys offense against that San Francisco defense, not as banged up as their offense, but still missing some key pieces on the defensive.
Speaker 3: Side of the ball from Patrick No c.
Speaker 6: Walker for Isaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back, of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.