Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We made it. We made it to a Friday, by the way, it's national something on a stick day. And as a result, we're having corn dogs, We're having chicken kebabs, Terry Yankee beef skewers. Who has it better than we do? Nobody? Yeah, all of a sudden, I got your attention. Fritzy with the corn dogs. Ye that is you come on in, stay awhile Fritzy the King of comedy. You have Seaton, you have Marv Paul yours truly the back room guys as well. Clark Kellogg known as Special K when he was in high school and college. He'll join us on loan from CBS, and Charles Barkley as well, will stop by. We will have Best Weekend Sports a little later on Play of the Day, stat of the Day, poll questions, all of that forthcoming. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you. You can watch this show. We have thirteen cameras that are well in play, so just about everything is on camera except for certain parts of the man cave where like bathrooms. But you know, if it's good content, and I'm always open for anything tone somewhere. Okay, of course we do almost everything. Danpatrick dot com is under twenty dollars. Take advantage of this. This won't last long. It's our spring cleanup sale, Spring clearance stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the program First Hour brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire Expert or the DP Show. Go to tyraq dot com Slashdan you'll see the easy to use tire decision Guide, full lineup of Yokohama Tires, special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com is the way tire buying should be. All right, pull question coming up, seat and we'll have the honors there. Phone calls eight seven seven three. DP show operator Tyler sitting by, take your calls. Florida handles, Maryland Duke dominates Arizona, Alabama look great against BYU and Texas Tech in overtime over Arkansas. Games coming up later on tonight. Ole Miss or Oley Miss is getting three and a half against Michigan State. Kentucky getting four and a half against Tennessee. Michigan is getting eight and a half against Auburn and Purdue getting eight and a half against Houston. We already have the point spreads according to DraftKings for the Elite eight matchups. Florida will be favored by six and a half over Texas Tech and Duke against Alabama. Duke is favored by six and a half. That will be a rematch they played earlier this year at Cameron. All right, setan let's pull question today. Well, we might as well get right into it. Corn dog's good, terrible? I would put awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, we go with awesome and terrible if you want. But isn't it like you go to a fair in the and you have a corn dog? I don't know any other places where you go. You know, I'm going to have a corn dog? Yes, Tod.
Speaker 4: I think the venue you're right matters a lot.
Speaker 5: If you're at some carnival or you're going around going on rides at an amusement park.
Speaker 4: But if you, hey, Hey, what's for dinner tonight? And there's a corn dog on your plate? You're probably little disappointed.
Speaker 6: Yes, Pauline, I would say, age twelve and younger, corn dog is a staple, and then your taste change like once you get to like your twenties. Corn dog is not a one seeded.
Speaker 2: I don't know, really, Yeah, yeah, give me a little mustard on a corn dog. I'm good, I'm good. Yeah. Maybe it's the inner child in me that comes out forever young Dan, Thank you, Todd, thank you, Seaton, thank you, Paulie, thank you, Marvin.
Speaker 3: You make me younger on this program. We got another one here from Marvin. Oh uh, what's worse? To lose a sixteen point lead with eleven minutes left or a five point lead with twelve seconds left.
Speaker 2: Both happened last night Arkansas. Yikes, the Lakers. You could see the Arkansas leads start to diminish right before You're very like you're watching this and you're going, oh my god, they could lose this game by d yes, Yes, that was a guillotine for the Lakers. Like the Lakers, you just don't want to get caught where you're going to face Oklahoma City in the second round. You don't. You don't want a part of that. And you know you got nine games to go and you lose a game like that. Chicago's been trying to lose games and then they end up winning and Lebron did not have a good thirteen seconds at the end of the game, you know, the previous night and you had a great, you know, final quarter in the tip in to win the game. This one, his guy hits a three lazy inbounds pass, and then I think they forgot that Josh Gitty was going to take a shot at half court. Here's how it sounded. Three point three?
Speaker 1: What what's seventeen sixty Lakers?
Speaker 2: William Saghini over the midport like.
Speaker 7: You know, he goes big Ti hits got Piscott goes Josh Study cup it cart cut the bows, no good.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, crazy, crazy, You get Austin Reeves getting the go ahead basket. And then all of a sudden they forgot how much time was on the clock, or that somebody might actually get a decent look at half court, and they didn't really challenge Josh Giddy for that three pointer. Yah is Josh Giddy?
Speaker 4: To forgive me for not knowing?
Speaker 3: This is Josh Giddy, the kind of fellow you have to worry about in that situation. Somebody get on Josh Giddy, Yeah from from half court? Well, whoever has the ball? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't care. I mean, you're not gonna have a big man get the ball there. You got a guard and they I mean he got a chance to get his feet set. Yeah, I mean they did. They didn't pick him up at all. No, there wasn't anybody within twenty feet of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean anybody who's a weapon in that situation, because they're going to get the ball. They passed it to him, so they had something at least scripted there.
Speaker 3: I kind of felt like watching that they were like, not worried about him taking the shot.
Speaker 2: It's somebody else that we need to worry about. Well, Kobe White. I would have been concerned if he was taking it, but they sort of said, oh, you know how much time is left?
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, John's gonna tell you, Oh my god, Yes, Marton.
Speaker 4: Isn't the most dangerous guy. The guy who inbounds the.
Speaker 2: Ball usually you run a lot of plays for that. There you go, yeah that.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Latner hit a shot in the Ncuba tournament where against Connecticut where he inbounds the ball and then they go right back to him and then he hits the jump shot to win the game. Chris Jenkins at Villanova. I believe he took it out and then came up as the trailer and ended up winning the NCUBLEA Tournament championship with them. All Right, so that's one pole question. Is corn Dog terrible or awesome?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: We got that, We've got what's worse to lose a sixteen point lead with eleven minutes left or a five point lead with twelve seconds left. We could also throw out there too. Should basketball games be played in football stadiums?
Speaker 2: Sure? Why not? Or heck no, well that ship is sailed because that's all about money.
Speaker 3: And Devin Booker just tweeted earlier that shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 10: That's the basis of that. Oh okay question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's going to be in San Antonio in the Alamodo. I mean, this is what we've been doing. Go back to what nineteen sixty eight when UCLA played Houston in a regular season game and they played in the Astrodim and the fans were so far from the court, like it was, it was just weird to see it. Players complained about the backdrop there, you know, when you're shooting and what's behind the backboard. But yeah, we've kind of graduated to this because this is big business. They're not looking for intimacy when it comes to showcasing the final four, yes, Marmo.
Speaker 4: So they're not going back to the in Albuquerque.
Speaker 2: Probably not, Probably not, Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 6: The attendance for the national title game last year was seventy four thousand people.
Speaker 2: Not going back, Yeah, yeah. You know the Alabama game against BYU, I kept waiting for BYU to step up its perimeter defense, and they kept letting Alabama shoot and Mark Sears is wonderful. Alabama made twenty five to three pointers. That's the most and the previous Mark was one of my favorite teams, loyal to Marrymount in nineteen ninety. But Mark Sears made ten of sixteen to three pointers. And you attempt fifty one, but you're hitting twenty five, chances are you're going to win the game. And they scored in triple digits for the ninth time this season. But that was one of those shooting performance. They started early, and then I kept waiting for BYU to get out on the perimeter and force them to you know, dribble, to maybe go inside, and they never did. But Alabama fun to watch, certainly looked great last night. Now they got Duke coming up next, so we'll talk to Clark Kellogg of CBS. He'll join us next hour. Charles Barkley will join us. In the final hour, the program will settle on a poll question. Any other poll questions for the first hour aside from corn dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a little bit of scuttle but if Lebron James should have been the one inbounding the ball, or do you inbound the ball to Lebron James the end of that sort of Lakers mini collapse, he didn't have a good five seconds, five to seven seconds at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: There it was just lazy. It was just sort of a and then Josh Getty got the steal, Kobe White hits the three, and then all of a sudden reeves scores and then somebody forgets to pick up gosh giddy or at least can test the shot, and then they end up losing. But these are those games. I mean, you can't lose to the Bulls. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: Some losses feel worse because who you lost to.
Speaker 2: Like, the Bulls got rid of some of their good players. They were trying to be bad. You're trying to be good and you end up losing that game. And that's where you kind of just hang around. The Bulls were just hanging around. You kept waiting for the Lakers to go, Okay, let's go, let's move on, let's dust these guys off. I watched a little bit of the Indiana Piecers. Now, granted it gets the Wizards, but they put up one hundred and sixty two points, no overtime needed, one sixty two. That's the most scored by one team in a non overtime game since the Nuggets scored one sixty eight back in two thousand and eight. Stat of the Day, the day, that beast stat of the day. Stat of the day, here comes that what stat.
Speaker 9: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Pennini America, the official trading cards of the program. Don't look now, but the Clippers are creeping up on the Lakers. The Rockets have won nine of ten, Oklahoma City has won nine in a row. So we've got about nine games for each team closing out the regular season, and you start to jockey for position. And this is where you start to look at the matchups and you say, you know what, we're okay. In the eighth seed, or we're okay with the seven seed, like we like our matchups there. It's just you don't want to get into a situation where you go, uh oh, and you don't want Oklahoma City. They're the best team in basketball. You do not want them, And the Lakers could be falling, falling right into that position where they got to okay, see second round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paully, the thunder are winning their games this season by an average of thirteen points. That's the best in the league by three points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been the best team wire to wire, consistent, and yes, we're going to look at them the same way we're going to look at the Cavaliers. How are you going to perform when the spotlight's on you? Okay? See are they ready? Like Houston? This almost seems like this is a fact finding mission for Houston that I don't know how good they're going to be in the playoffs. I told you that was a team that I was looking out for during the regular season. I thought that they could make that jump. I didn't know they'd be the two seed here. But this might be a fact finding mission of you know what, we're going to lose, but we're going to learn from this and then the following season that's when you start to see something unique. Maybe the Pistons are like that. There's certain teams where you go, this isn't the year, but next year might be the year. Like ok see, you know you got to lose. The Pistons went through this when they had to go through the Celtics. You know, the Bulls had to go through this. You know, a lot of great teams have to go through that where you'll almost you know, lose and you learn by losing of what you need to do to win. And I think that's the important part with some of these. You know, Okac's got a young team. I mean there are a bunch of guys that average age is like twenty three, and I don't know, are you ready to be the team in the NBA. You know, the Celtics, if you look at them, how many big games they've played, and they're not the favorites. Okac is, but if you said they played against each other, you probably lean towards Boston because of that experience.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marv, in today's NBA, I'm not as excited as I would have been safe this was twenty years ago, because a lot of these guys are going to command top dollar when you have a bunch of good draft picks. They're kind of doing what the Cowboys are. Hey, they drafted great. Now we got to pay all these guys. Yeah, so they have maybe one or two years until people start kind of going off into free agency and getting paid.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, eight seven, one and three. DP show email Addressdpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP show odds to win March Madness. It is Duke and then Florida. So those are the two big favorites, followed by Houston, Auburn, then Alabama. So really it's Auburn, Houston, Florida, and Duke. They have the best odds. Alabama, Texas Tech, Tennessee, Michigan State They're well down the list. Old miss is at the bottom with the odds to win March Madness. We'll take a break. Your phone calls coming up on this Friday. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together, we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 12: We talk talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 11: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something.
Speaker 11: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 11: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich. Nobody argued about Maryland starting five. The problem that I kept pointing out is that's all they have. They have a starting five, and you know, you face Florida. The difference was Florida's bench. Maryland got three points from their bench, Florida their reserves twenty nine points. March Madness is not just about the stars. It's really about depth, having that ability to go to your bench when you need to, when you have to and get results. And that's a big reason why Florida is the second favorite to win it all. Also, they started shooting threes in college basketball in nineteen eighty six. Alabama's field goal attempts from three point range. Seventy seven percent of their field goal attempts were from three point range. That's the highest percentage of any tournament game since they started using the three point shot in nineteen eighty six. Ooh cow, stall of a day.
Speaker 7: Stanta day, start outa day.
Speaker 2: Scant outa day. This is the start of the day, brought to you by a Panini America.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: The problem is can you keep this up? When you live by the three, you die by the three, and you're gonna have those moments where all of a sudden, you're not going to hit anything. Can you continue to do this for a couple more games? That'll be the big challenge for Alabama. But make no mistake about it, they do know how to score. Nine times this year scored over one hundred points. John Caliperi, he had it, He had it and even had a chance the last play of the game. Here is the Arkansas coach after blowing a double digit lead the last possession there in overtime. Any consideration to calling a time out there?
Speaker 13: Yeah, but in my career, I let that go. Let the guy get to the room. They're not going to file you, you know there and with that kind of time, just me, you call a time out? Now, you got to worry about what he's doing, how he's playing the inbound, what are you doing? So I usually let that go now because it ended the way it is. Yeah, I wish I would have called a timeout, but ninety nine percent of the time I let that go. Now, I know what they're doing, they know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: That's why we did it. I'm okay with it. I'm okay with it. If you know that the right guy is going to have the ball and he has an idea of what he wants to do and everybody else does on your team. I'm fine with that. I don't want to call a timeout and let you set up, because it's really easy after the timeout to say, all right, this is what we're going to do. This is who's going to get the ball, this is what we want him to do. When you have sort of chaos there at the very end, I'm going to trust my player that he knows what he's doing. I'm not going to let you be able to set your defense. I have no problem with that. When it doesn't work, then that's when we question you. If you know they make the basket, Arkansas wins, they'd be saying, boy, coach, you had a lot of confidence in your team. We'd be complimenting John calipering Lois sixteen pointly.
Speaker 3: Pretty incredible, all right, Cooper flag Hooper flag again.
Speaker 2: I mean, he makes it look easy, and he'll fill up all these statistical categories. He'll give you rebounds, blocks, he'll give you steals, assist, he'll give you points. I think he's too unselfish at times that he could get his points. But he's really he's really aware of getting everybody involved and it makes them a better team, But you know, you get seven assists. He's not as aggressive as he's going to be in the NBA. And if you start to look at player comps, which we do, you automatically are going to go to a white guy who's six' eight or so now listed at six.' nine but is He A larry bird type? Of player is HE a, i mean if you said his career was going to Be Like, kevin loves would that be? A disappointment and it probably, would be because this is somebody who's scrimmaged Against the olympic team. His own he's eighteen years, of age and he's going to make a billion dollars if he. Stays healthy he'll probably get a couple of max deals. In there but Is he Keith van horne who went number TWO overall i think in his year Out. Of utah but you start, to, go okay who's the? COMP here, I now i'm not saying he is. This guy i'm saying that his game reminds Me Of kevin durant a little bit. Similar size, You know durant certainly gets that shot up and he's a seven footer when he takes. That shot flag IS now, i mean he's good off, the dribble mid, range jumper he can shoot. The three, you know might be a better rebounder Passer Than. Kevin durant but as far as scoring and scoring in a variety, of ways and he, likes contact like he'll initiate contact and a good handle for somebody That SIGN so i just didn't want to go down the typical road, of yep he's The Next. LARRY bird i mean that's not fair. To him there is No Next. Larry bird there'll be somebody who's, really talented but that doesn't mean he's The Next Larry like luca's not The Next. Larry bird joker's not The Next. Larry bird they're. All unique there's Not. Another luca there's Not. ANOTHER joker i think you got to be Respectful. Like magic like, you know people, keep saying who's The Next, Michael jordan who's The? NEXT magic, i mean be fair to the. Other players We Thought penny hardaway was going to be, that Guy or. Tracy McGrady. They weren't but you see the uniqueness though of some of, these PLAYERS and i know we have to have a Player comp we do this more IN. The nfl Because Like ashton genty Is Seeing emmett smith like. Running, back, okay, Right interesting but certain guys don't have a player comp like Who is john stock? Player comp Who Is steve nash's? Player compo but Who was shack's? PLAYER comp I mean kobe's player Comp Was mike there's very very few players who are all, time great Like Who's steph curry's comp? His, dad well that didn't turn out to. Be close Maybe Maybe, chris jackson Maybe mak Mood. Abdul rauf but like we like the player comp, AND look i get caught up in it as well when Somebody says who's to remind? You of And then I'm Watching cooper FLAG and i kept thinking he reminds Me Of. Kevin durant and, once again. These labels it's tough, when now if you don't score thirty, a game oh he's. A bust he might average twenty twenty nine, and seven which is still. Pretty good but when you're anointed at eighteen the best player in. The game you probably could have played On the, olympic team you were. That good you leave high school a, year early you Go, to duke maybe wins The, national championship the, expectation level and you got teams that are tanking for him. As well And the wizards did a wonderful job last night giving up one hundred and sixty, Two, points like don't be so obvious when, you're. Tanking guys, you know THE only w is in Your. Name wizards, that's it very very few. W's, there, YES painting i Think.
Speaker 6: The durant player comp. Makes sense he plays towards a basket as a, big guy kind of, crouched over and it appears he has. Every shot, he'll drive, he'll spin he, had fadeaways he. Had runners he does not just sit back in. Jack Threes and durant's never been just to settle for the three guy ever. He's got it feels like he has every shot in.
Speaker 2: The, book YEAH and i don't know if He's A jason tatum like player. As WELL and i see a little bit of that being able to beat somebody off the dribble getting your shot IN, the, nba now there's certain guys that, need help, you know from somebody else to get. Their shots flag looks like he can beat you off, the dribble he can take, you inside not afraid to take, you inside not afraid to dunk. On you AND as, i SAID when i, see him he'll lean. Into contact he doesn't shy away, from THAT and i. Like that and you still come back to he's only eighteen years. OF age i mean That's When larry bird, came in he was probably. TWENTY four i mean he had Gone, to indiana sat out, a year worked on a, garbage truck Went To, indiana state, Came back celtics, drafted him came back. And played then all of, a sudden he goes INTO. The nba well he's, a man and a lot of these Guys That cooper FIG's playing against are twenty two to twenty three years, of age which makes it even. More, remarkable yeah pulling.
Speaker 6: His first month in THE, The Nba larry bird was, twenty three about to turn.
Speaker 2: Twenty, four yeah we. Forget that that's that's a six. Year gap. Five years and if, you've played, you know high, school basketball going into college and you face somebody who is three or four, years, older man there's a big difference. In That but flag's been ready to go so much so that you say to, Your, PARENTS hey i want, TO reclassify i want to go to college now his brother's twin brother is still in. High school no Pressure, on ace none. At, All, Yes marvin.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, somebody's, like wait so you Named him ace And.
Speaker 2: Him cooper?
Speaker 9: Thing's.
Speaker 2: Backwards uh Buddha In, San francisco, Good. Morning buddha what's on your? Mind today, no body every day's A.
Speaker 14: Super bowl let's Go, Fitz see Let's.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 14: BUDDHA kpete i was At The chase center YESTERDAY and i had an. Epic time i'm pregaming with, the fans getting ready to watch back TO back ncaa tournament games and had some opening day. BASEBALL action i mean the place was packed with fans and it was. A vibe, I mean florida was like by far the better team yesterday and They dominated maryland and but watching Live as calipari loses the lead and then takes the last time out with, THEM home i, was like that was just wild to watch and watching All the arkansas fans leave the arena last night. Was definite definitely Had Some march may and there's feelings.
Speaker 2: To, it man have a. Great.
Speaker 3: Weekend boys, Thank, you buddha. Thank, you yeah, YOU know I Like.
Speaker 2: John CALIPERI but I think john's coaching has always been called, into question and there's gonna be people who are gonna come out, and say how do you blow a sixteen? Point lead sometimes you're in it and you don't, realize it and then there's little that you. Can do and it almost, felt, Like Damn i'm i'm almost. Underwater here you go. Into Overtime and i'll say it AGAIN because i said it in, the moment don't call. TIME out i was okay. With that if, you have you've already. Practiced this that's the. Important part coaches, who say, all right here's. The situation we're up by one and get the. Ball inbounds we're down, by one we're down, by two we're down. By three you practice. Those Scenarios and i'm Guessing that arkansas practice probably one of the last things they did in practice prior to. That, game hey comes down to a, One possession we're not calling. Time out this is what we're going to try to draw. Up here i'm okay. With that Paul, And iowa, Good. Morning paul what's on your? Mind?
Speaker 8: Today Hey, DAN well i would say flag reminds me a little Bit Of, grant hill but some of the more important point today as a state fair officion auto your poll, question today the corn dog is the most overrated and underperforming food out. Of fair AND if i see you at a fair with a, CORN dog i know you're. A tourist there's eighty things to get on a stick At The Iowa state fair and you chose a breaded piece of. Hot.
Speaker 2: Dog wow getting a standing Ovation From.
Speaker 3: SEATON paul i don't know if you're running for office, anytime soon but you have, my. Vote sir, Thank. You, paul well we're going to Be in iowa coming Up.
Speaker 2: In june maybe there's this state fair that we can go To and i'll have a corn Dog and i'll be the TOURIST because i am a TOURIST if i Go. To, Iowa, yes paul, Of.
Speaker 6: COURSE dan i instantly Went To iowa statefair. Dot org food On a stick dot com and they have sixty different foods on sticks At The Iowa.
Speaker 4: State fair.
Speaker 6: It's, unbelievable, chicken bacon ranch waffle on. A stick, Right there you're off to a. Great start uh brought with maple syrup on? A stick who knows s'mores on a, stick pickle fried pickle on, a stick peanut butter and jelly and.
Speaker 2: A stick i could, Go on why do we try?
Speaker 6: So hard, deep fried uncrustable peeb and j on a Stick, Hyphenated, YES todd.
Speaker 4: I want to go there that. Good time it's a.
Speaker 6: Thing Called an, iowa twinkie jalapeno filled, pulled, pork corn cream cheese wrapped and bacon smoked.
Speaker 2: With, sweetens, no, no, no no you don't. Need to maybe my. Stomach, hurt yeah it's just like a hot dog on, the grill little char a little mustard if you, want it and maybe you, want relish maybe you want some onions on. The air. That's it you don't have to do. Anything fancy yes.
Speaker 3: See what is? The UH and? I get forgive me for not? Knowing this what is the whole thing about dunking hot dogs in?
Speaker 2: Your?
Speaker 3: Drink thing or like people use a hot dog as a? Straw sometimes have you?
Speaker 2: Seen? That, no yeah now there's just a.
Speaker 10: NEW thing a, baseball team minor.
Speaker 3: League team maybe they're doing this, for, attention right but they have a quarter pound all beef hot dog with, chopped, peppers.
Speaker 10: Onions bacon and. Brown mustard submerged in a glass of one hundred percent whole. Goat milk why in the hell would anybody?
Speaker 2: HAVE that.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 3: DON'T know, i mean is this like An early april fool's joke that, Somebody's, doing like let me get ahead, of it and then in a couple of days we'll be, like bad, Just, kidding no.
Speaker 2: It's, disgusting yeah certainly not. Very kosher, Thank. You todd we'll get to more. Phone calls got our play of the day. Coming Up Also cam hayward Of, the steelers he had one thing to say and then a couple of days later had another thing to Say About. Aaron rodgers we'll have that for you. Coming, Up Also deon sanders talks about what his. SON wants i don't know why that's relevant of what his son wants as opposed to what a. TEAM wants, I mean schudower probably wants to go number, One overall, i'm guessing but the, you know you gotta be realistic in. This situation and you're starting to see. THIS bet i don't know if, it continues but you're starting to see. This bet and that is the money line of who, Goes first Shadoor Or jackson dart because now you know, people well, you know everybody's looking for something. To bet but now, it's Like Does jackson dart Go Before? Shadoor SANDERS and i don't Know if shador is going to go To. To cleveland nobody's telling you what they're going. To do it's, You Know abdul carter could end up Going, to CLEVELAND which i think would be great, For them but you still that means you better Go Get. Kirk cousins if You Get abdul Carter With, Miles, garrett okay now we have something there as long as he's going to check out as. Being healthy but you don't have a. Quarterback there you still Have The deshaun watson mess for. ANOTHER year i Would Take shadoor SANDERS if i thought he was the guy, to take BECAUSE now i got a rookie contract that will ease the financial Sting Of deshaun watson's contract if you think he's ready, to PLAY but i don't know if. He is and Then the giants you Bring In jameis Winston And. Russell wilson could you see them bringing In shardor sanders? At, three see that's where you're trying to figure out, logic here and granted the teams don't always, follow logic but it almost Feels Like jackson dart knows where he's going and maybe Should or sanders doesn't Know That jackson dart is probably a later first. Round pick and, YOU know i Keep, circling pittsburgh But Is aaron rodgers Going? To pittsburgh and if you if you, draft him are you going to draft? A Quarterback the giants have a couple.
Speaker 3: Of quarterbacks does that mean they have a quarterback or they just have a couple of?
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks there what are you going? To do you're going to take another, quarterback there which would Seem odd if You have Jamis, and russ you, could draft, you know a wide receiver if you. Wanted to we Know the patriots, at Four Probably travis hunter falls in their Lap Or abdull carter could fall in. Their lamp, but yeah just trying to figure out the, chess game, you Know because tennessee has said they're. Not sold, you, know hey we're open, for business and they. Should be but if you Think cam word is the, real DEAL then i would just say that's who. We're taking not interested In trading cleveland's open. FOR business i don't know If the giants are open, for business but that's sort of where. We are but, you know the draft is not that. Far Away. ABDUALL carter i saw, The Headline abdul carter won't work out at his. Pro day It's It's penn state's. Pro day it made it, seem, Like hey i'm having. A party. COME over i won't. Be, There yeah i'll leave the. House open order won't be working out At The Penn State. Pro day but the headline. Was misleading, go figure, All right we'll take. A break more phone calls. Coming Up cam hayward he walking back a little bit his Comments On aaron rodgers Becoming. A Steeler the play Of the day is.
Speaker 1: Up next be sure to catch the live Edition Of The Dan patrick show weekdays at Nine am eastern Six am Pacific On Fox sports radio And the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 14: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Of, The Day, my god.
Speaker 9: This is the play of.
Speaker 2: The day check. This out here's reefs leaves straight to. The top those at the timeouts two Seconds on daddy.
Speaker 7: For the wed unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Good day that's Courtesy OF. Bulls Tv josh Getty. From australia, good. Day mate the teams combined for thirteen points in the final. Thirteen seconds nine of those thirteen were By The. Chicago bulls that's your play of. The day play Of the day brought to you by The hottest rookies', biggest Superstars The Old. Time grades the only place to collect Them All Panini, trading cards the official trading cards of. The program start a continued Collection Now pandi america. Dot net here's something. For you Speaking of, Josh giddy seatan was wondering Why the lakers maybe didn't pick him up and think that he could hit a shot from. Half Court josh giddey in his last games, ten games two hundred and, twenty points ninety, six rebounds one. Hundred assists he's one of eight players in the history OF the nba over a ten game stretch to have. Those. Numbers, no no He Joins, Michael, Jordan, Luka Doncic, The Joker, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, lebron James And. Magic johnson those are the players who had a ten game stretch where they scored two hundred and, twenty points ninety, six rebounds one. Hundred, assists YES paul.
Speaker 6: A couple of years. From now if you do a quiz of those names on, The air no one's. Getting giddy no.
Speaker 2: They're, not well they'll, get giddy but they won't. Get getty if you, KNOW what i. Thank you John. Cam hayward. He is he's one of the leaders On The. Pittsburgh steelers he has a Podcast Called Not Just football podcast and he had some things. To say he was asked about would he Help Recruit aaron rodgers To, The steelers and this is what he had to say. LAST week i ain't.
Speaker 9: Doing that darkness darkness, treat, retreat oh any of.
Speaker 2: That crap like.
Speaker 9: Either you want to Be A pittsburgh steeler or.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 9: That's simple that's. The pitch if you want me, to recruit that's the. Recruiting pitch, You Know. Pittsburgh steelers if you want to be part, of it so. Be it if, you don't no skin on.
Speaker 2: My, back okay, All right so he's not going to go on an ayahuasca Tour With. Aaron rodgers you want to Be? A steeler? All right, Come on i've been saying. All Along if I'm, THE steelers i give him a. Hard DEADLINE and i, just say. Just decide we got to. Move on, you know you're not, thirty one you're. Forty one we gotta find what we're, doing here we gotta plan, accordingly here the drafts, coming up all of. Those Things So cam hayward Was On Good morning football yesterday and talked about His Original aaron. Rodgers statement it was misconstrued from my point.
Speaker 9: OF view i was asked, the question would you go to the lengths of going to a darkness retreat To Recruit? AARON rodgers, I said i'm not. Doing that the pitches you want to if you want to Be, a steeler Be. A steeler that's all. It was it wasn't MEANT that i Don't Like. Aaron rodgers i'm. AGAINST it, i think, you KNOW when i look at our team, right now it would be really cool to have a Guy Like. Aaron rodgers but, YOU know i can't be the guy who gets it over the. FINISH line i think he's got to make those decisions. For himself, but uh, you know excited to see. What, HAPPENS okay i think a lot of times.
Speaker 2: What happens you have somebody who does, a podcast they live in. A, vacuum yeah you do. A podcast we're in, the room you don't know who's going to, hear this and you get loose with the things that you're going, to say and you probably have. Some fun i'm not going to go into a dark hole or a tent or. Have aahuasca. I'm not We're, the steelers come. Over here and then all of a sudden you Read that aaron shows up and spends six hours With, the steelers and then it Felt Like cam hayward's going on, SECOND thought i don't think it was taken out of context. Or mischaracterized he, just, said hey We're. The steelers he's not going to go on the. Ayahuasca retreat but the other part, OF it i think he was. Being, truthful hey We're. The steelers We're, the steelers and that should be your attitude. TOWARDS this, I mean i, DO agree i don't agree with the, you know it's taken out of context part. OF this i think he realizes that this is a, real Thing That aaron rodgers can be. His TEAMMATE and i think, that's why all of, a sudden you start to backpedal just a. Little bit you know that sound. You're hearing is the truck beeping as you're backing up there a? Little bit, but Yeah, The steelers i've said, all along and maybe. They Know maybe aeron, Has, SAID okay i don't want to make. AN announcement i don't want to do anything. Right now i'm doing whatever he's doing, right now, Because okay so he does commit To, the steelers then what happens probably nothing until after. The draft he doesn't have to say where he's going or what, he's doing and maybe he. Truly doesn't maybe he is trying to, find something some kind of sign, that says this Is what i'm meant, to do this IS what i want. To do maybe, He retires maybe he's holding out hope later on in, training camp maybe somebody. Gets hurt then all of, a sudden he might be going into a. Better situation he wanted to go To. The rams If the rams were going To Offload, matthew stafford he would be With the rams, right now and it clearly was interested In. The vikings they're not interested in him, right now and maybe that's what. He's doing he's holding off as long as he can until somebody gives him a. Hard, deadline hey we have, to decide you have, to decide we have to. Move, On, yeah poeing it feels Like the steelers didn't have a. Good season but there was a Point on december Feirst the steelers were ten and three And the ravens were eight, and five and Then the steelers lost four in a row In the ravens one four and went.
Speaker 6: Completely south not it's a it's a. Decent team it's an above average team with a lot of. Question, marks yeah.
Speaker 2: But you spent MONEY With. Dk, METCALF yeah i mean you Can't Have mason rudolph as. YOUR quarterback i don't think going into next season, and look maybe he can get you over five hundred. You Want the steelers got, to win. They Win, not hey we got to. The, playoffs, okay congratulations that's not a that's not a great. Consolation Prize if I'm a, Steeler fan, i'm like can we can we win a? Playoff game We're, the steelers or at least we Were. The, Steelers DANG okay i.
Speaker 9: Said it.
Speaker 2: Wait, A minute i think that was taken out of CONTEXT what i.
Speaker 4: Just Said.
Speaker 2: Charles barkley a little later On And clark kellogg will. Join us more of your phone calls on This meet friday hour two right after this