Speaker 1: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: What is up, Dollhans And Welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today show, we played some football today, baby, as I wont to do. I have way too many notes for an hour long shorts and shells practice in the month of May. But if Coach McDaniel says that Jalen Phillips and Bradley Chubb are the most excited practice players of all time, They've got some competition in your boy. I was fired up to watch some football today seven on sevens eleven on eleven's we heard from Coach, we heard from Bradley Chubb, we heard from Tyreek Hill. I have got commentary on Patrick Paul on Jonahvit, Jonah Savit, Naya Tua tonguea II Looa, Jalen Waddle, Devon Ah Chan, Jalen Wright, Kenneth Grant Jackson. I've got some stuff on Ashton Davis. I got some stuff on Storm. Like I'm covering a lot of things today on this podcast, We're gonna get to it all right now. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is the Draft Time podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so I've got practice notes here in chronological order, and the day did match up pretty well with some of the talking points, So I'll mix in some commentary from the guys we spoke to. I think i'll plug in Tyreek. We'll start with him here, because there was a bunch of commentary in there, and personally, I didn't really care to litigate like the end of last season, you know, Tyreek's offseason, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I think that's not what this show is about.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to do one question with Tyreek here, and we'll go ahead and jump into it because he's been here all off season pretty much. He's getting reps on air. He's doing a lot of work, as much work as he can do. Right. We'll hear from McDaniel on that as well, but he's getting extra routes on air. I liked how he would try to steal reps in the individual drills, like he would go through it and do it on air without a football being thrown to him, and then when the drill wrapped, he would go back in line and get an additional rep in there as well. So I thought that was encouraging to see let's go ahead and hear from Tyreek on the importance of banking reps in the spring for the specific needs of this offense.
Speaker 3: It's timing, man, It's all about timing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Tool's real good at what he does. He's very accurate. His timing is amazing. He has a very strong hom a lot of people don't give him credit for, but just those valuable reps against you know, certain defenses, whether it's cover two, cover four, you know, just trying to find like certain windows, you know what I'm saying, like being able to catch the ball and like being able to like take a fifteen yard kitch and turn into like a forty yard touchdown. So that's very important man, in the offseason for all of us.
Speaker 2: Man McDaniel also touched on Reek's presence and the value that he offers this team. Let's go ahead and throw it to the head coach of the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyreek's done a great job of you know, being proactive with when he got the surgery done and then making sure that, uh, he is able to do as much as he can with the team, which has been which has very much included his daily participation in how he attacks, all of our strength program, all of you know, whether he's able to run routes and not block quarterbacks have gotten used to him getting routes run. And as we get his as we really train his way back into you know, recovery of that that hand, then he'll start catching the ball. But he's been participating above and beyond from a uh, whatever he can do, he has been doing all right.
Speaker 2: So then we're gonna go ahead and talk about the individual portion of practice. As each position group breaks off with their position coaches and goes and works on their game and their craft. And before we get into that, Storm Duck was in the Orange Jersey. First song of the day was a country song. We also had some slow jams. I was pretty, I guess impressed by the diversity of Storm Ducks playlists. Maybe not my choice of music, my preference for music, but some good diversity in there. So during individual drills I try to just kind of watch certain guys like you know, who repeats reps, who gets coaching points, who takes those coaching points, who fires the coaches up, things of that nature, and watching Jordan Phillips and the defensive tackles. During the individual drills. You know, I made the deep dive segment on Coach Clark a couple weeks back, and what is the first thing I see at practice? But you know, he didn't like the way Phillips went through the rep, and he had him repeat it and do it again, which is common for football coaches to have guys rerun reps. But then he didn't like it again and made him go off to the side and kind of get instruction from him privately about the footwork and the sequencing of the timing of everything. Then he goes back in line and he does it again and gets a big pat on the back and an explotive an f yeah from Coach Clark. So I thought it was kind of cool to the first opportunity I had to watch practice. I got some verification, some validation on the Coach clark finer points of coaching and being so I guess, accurate or on the nose with what he wants and how he communicates it to the players and getting the best out of those guys. And speaking of guys from that group, Alex Huntley, the UDFA from South Carolina number ninety six, was getting a lot of praise from the coaching staff as he was going through that stuff. So another guy for Coach Clark to get his hands on. There, let's see cam Smith and cater Ko who would jump into the first part of the cornerback drills and INDI's and then would be Storm Duck and Isaiah Johnson. So that kind of tracks with how you might you know, stack those guys. And we'll talk more about those guys here in just one second. And I wrote this down about camp Smith and we're gonna come back and kind of retract it almost because it happens to me every year watching him.
Speaker 1: Go through individuals.
Speaker 2: He's so smooth the way he can bend the knees and sink the hips and fire out of that backpedal from a low posture and keep that pad shehelf low.
Speaker 1: That's what you have to do with that position.
Speaker 2: That was the case from day one as a rookie, and I was like, this guy can freaking move man, That's what you have to be for a cornerback. Whoa voice went away there for a second, and that again, that was the case from day one as a rookie to last year and now this year. But it's always a nice reminder it's just different to how everybody else in the room moves. And then on the very next rep, he gets outside with a hip flip where he has to flip his hips all the way back around to one hundred and eighty degrees from an outside leverage position, and I just wrote, this.
Speaker 1: Is so smooth.
Speaker 2: But then you get on with practice and those good vibes from Indie dissipate a little bit more on that. In just one moment, Bradley Chubb was the star of the day for me, in addition to a couple other guys off the edge, but Chubb stood out in the individual portion because I just thought the way he was hitting the bag and the natural body pliability and the sequencing of the feet in the hands and the arms and went to extend and went to coil and recoil. The upper body movements come from the lower half power generation, kind of like a power bottom. He's got a good base when he locks out, then the feet come along with the upper half when he sheds, and he can do this head up stacking two gapping, but he can also play off the outside shore of a player with a long arm and McDaniel's press conference kicked off with conversations about Bradley Chubb and Jalen Phillips, and I wanted to use this portion to pontificate on something that I guess dawned on me. Let's go ahead and start here with coach on Beachub and JP's return to the practice field and the value of that.
Speaker 4: Both of them have basically made their off season in season and how they approach their work as a result. They're they're both able to, you know, really participate in most things most days, being cautious and you know, using the science on you know, their their recovery. So someday, you know, depends on what day you're out there, you'll probably see uh one, if not both there are. There will be a day or two where we're gonna have to back off of that. But very happy with where they're at. And uh uh know that they're as excited as ever. I mean, they're the most excited practice players of all time right now, what about he's not They're more excited than him whoever you're asking about. But uh, and I think that I think that is a It's a cool piece for our team to feel because it's an authentic appreciation and much like most people, you know, most of us, we we you don't always know exactly to the level of what you have until it's removed from you. So these guys are exemple find what we're everything we're asking of players right.
Speaker 2: Now, said you don't know what you got, Gal, it's gone gone, yeah, he I mean, I think this is an imperative aspect of what the team's goal was this offseason, right McDaniel talking about setting your culture through the draft and the end of season press conference, the non negotiables, the moves that coincide with that. Thinking about stressing, you know, your professionalism, being on time and being just a pro in every aspect of the word. You need energy sources like this a practice. Christian Wilkins was that guy for a long time, the one that kind of, you know, set the tone and kept the energy going all practice long because of his great conditioning. You need voices of reason on the field on Sunday that can get guys right when they're not right, and that's something that you know, no coach can do that on the field, So it's important to have those conduits on the field. And both two and fifteen are those guys on top of what they bring as athletes and football players, and that's all before you get to the concept of them being great example setters, guys that can blaze a trail for others to follow. We talked to Cater Kohou today and there wasn't any sound bites I thought worth putting in the podcast, but you know, they talked about Storm Duck and Ethan Bonner and uh, you know Bja Adams being one of those guys, and he's like, yeah, of course, those guys kind of picked my brain about you know, my path and trying to follow that path. U DFAs to starters, that's that's a if you can get that, that's a great thing for any team. So I think it's important to have those example setters in room, and for Chubb and Phillips, those guys are going to be such a big impact on Chop Robinson on Grayson Murphy on Muhammed Kamara and I swear, I swear that I wrote this down before I heard this comment from Bradley Chubb. But here's what Bradley said about leading from the shadows versus being in the trenches. With those guys, it's a big difference. Like I just talked about I guess.
Speaker 5: Ten out of ten, Man, ten out of ten is just to be you know, being around last year and trying to lead from the background is one thing. But when you're actually going through the fire with guys and we actually putting the blood to sweating the tears in with the guys, it's a little different. You can lead from out front, not in the background and trying to like, hey, do this, but you're not doing it, you know what I mean. So it feels good, Man, just to be in the mix, to be around the guys, be able to, like I said, lead out in front and just trying to continue this thing going. Man, we got a lot to prove, not to anybody but ourselves because we know we can't do this year. So we out there on the grass working it right now.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and stay with beachub here for a couple more. Here is his commentary on how he feels at the stage of the game.
Speaker 5: Man football percentage like in terms of body wise, I'll say I'm about ninety five ninety nine percent, you know, in terms of just feeling good, feeling better, you know, and feeling like myself. So for sure, high nineties. Man and I would say that last ten percent just game game reps, actual game reps, actually tackling, just to see where I'm at in that aspect. But that's gonna come when it comes in. For right now, I'm good where I'm at.
Speaker 2: And then this one here is what will make fans just love this guy. He took a revised contract this off season, right took less money, and here he's talking about why. And this kind of flies in the face of the concept that veterans didn't want to be here.
Speaker 5: Right because at the end of the day, Man, I know that this is a show. What have you done for me?
Speaker 2: Now? Business?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a good year in twenty twenty three, but at the end of the day, man, I didn't play a liquor football all last year. So at the end of the day, I could could have got cut, had to learn the new system, had to learn move to a different city, and do all this. But at the end of the day, you know, I knew this is the team I wanted to be with. I knew the guys, the leadership I had did from the back, from the background. I knew that these guys were the guys I wanted to be around. And to push and to push me at the end of the day, and I know what we can do here in Miami. A lot of doubts this all season, a lot of talk, a lot of chatter, but I knew what we could do with this team this season, and I'm excited to just be here and be able to show out.
Speaker 2: It's always nice when a guy that you have like an affinity for as a player and an athlete kind of reminds you of why you have that feeling about him. I wanted to end there, but then I heard this quote about Jalen Phillips and Bradley or rather Chop Robinson. Get a load of what Bradley Chubb says right here about the second year past rusher who was my top performer of the entire day.
Speaker 5: Spoiler alert, Man, it's I'm smelling the ear the ear every time I get a chance to look at the tape. Man, Just like from the junk Chop has made over his growth. Guys get six sacs, get defensive Rickey of the Year convos, and they take the step off the gas a lot. But Chop has has put pedal to the middle. And to see him do that, to see JP attacking his rehab as hard as he has, you know, just the back to back injuries he dealt with and his mindset.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm attacked. I'm still the best out here. I'm still gonna do this, do that. So I know, if I got those two guys in my corner, I'm gonna be good for life, man. So and I'm gonna take do my part as well, you know, make sure I do everything to do my part. And we got three guys hungry and ready to go like that, it's nothing good, nothing but good can come from it.
Speaker 1: Pretty hard to do a spoiler alert when I put that on freaking Twitter. So there you go. But yeah, let's let's go ahead and pivot here to the offense.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily think this is a different thing from previous years, but I really noticed today the ownership that TWA shows. If he, you know, wants another rep, he goes and takes it. No one tells him he can't do it. If he doesn't like the way a route is thrown, or the way a ran rather or a throw went, he goes and addresses it with the player. And if he sees something when he's not in the lineup, in the game. In practice, he'll give input and provide that I just pay attention to this with McDaniel's comments, and we do this every summer where we say, oh, yeah, you can tell that two A drilled this and got better in his mobility, he got thicker and can you know better roll off of falling to the back of his head. And to me, one day in it's already obvious that those one of those things was just taking the next steps as the franchise quarterback, right being the man in charge of really everything, and the coaches are are you know, the teachers, but you need a player to be that conduit. And it's best when it's your quarterback. And I'm gonna go ahead and turn it over to McDaniel here for one second. But like I've talked about the need for this team to get to the line of scrimmage faster and possibly, you know, maybe that's a McDaniel thing where he can you know, reduce like the difficulty of his verbiage. But then again, like if you have a quarterback that can do all that at a high level, maybe you don't have to reduce it and you can keep the complexities and play it at a better speed. So here's McDaniel on two on what he expects from Tua this year, and yeah, this is kind of where you get with these veteran quarterbacks that have been around for a while, and they start to get better and better and better as they get closer to thirty because they're they're brain processing and power of anticipation and being just the leader of the entire organization continues to further cement itself as they get older. Here's coach on Tua and next steps for him in the franchise quarterback role.
Speaker 4: I think for for Tua being in year four of the system him, you know, really going through the process and understanding, you know, what his job is and how to excel at it. It's consistency of development for him, and you know that, I think there was a lot of lessons learned, uh, you know last year in particular on and off the field when he was playing and when he wasn't how to do his job. You know, I think there's uh, you know, I'll let him talk at specificity when we're talking. He's a the quarterback, the franchise quarterback of a team that his job is to lead men each and every play and finding different ways to continue the process of evolution for him. That's always been the name of the game for him. And whether that's getting the offense to the line of scrimmage faster out of the huddle, whether that's being able to adjust protections, do side adjusts, you know, growing his game, work on progressions, working on escaping the pocket and getting rid of it, all of the things that quarterbacks asked to do. I think that's that's where he's at as there's nothing. He's dipped his toe in the water with everything and now it's consistency of mastery and and that's why it's a never ending.
Speaker 1: Exercise.
Speaker 2: First break, right, then we're gonna come back on the other side and talk about what happened on that practice field. That's next Draft Time podcast, brought to you by Auto Nation. So just to kind of put a bow on that to a talk there to a talk tie very well. And I really think about that comment from McDaniel where he detailed the time on and off the field last year showing up in his office at three am, just like, hey, what do you what do you got going on here? You know, Itch to be back around football, and I think you know some of that administrational is that a word stuff probably just exposed to a further to I guess a coach's perspective, and you know, seeing him on the practice field, if you gave him a headset and a playscript, I would say, oh, that's one of the coaches right there, just based on how he interacts and leads with the other guys. And sure enough, at one point in practice on seven on seven's the defense was a man short and Tua like stopped the drill and said, hey, y'all need another guy out here, and got another guy out there on defense. Just stuff like that that I think really kind of demonstrates his expertise. All right, practice notes here, So we had a bunch of different groupings, your first, second, third, fourth team, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: We're not going to report on that. That is not what we do here.
Speaker 2: Not trying to give any of those Buffalo Bills advantages come that game in September, But Tua and Waddle had things going, and it started off with a deep ball from Tua to Waddle off the top where I thought Caterko, who had a pretty significant hold on Walla, going down the field and Wattle was just chirping all day long. There was some some stuff we can't plan on the podcast that I heard him talking about, but also just the way he would come off of a route where that the defender was all over the receiver and he would like hold the jersey way up over his head to signify holding. So he was feeling pretty good about himself, and he made a bunch of plays, including three long ones. The first one was this nice crossing route over the middle of the field and to a layers this beautiful shot to him and he runs right underneath it, and Ashton Davis is behind him in the post and winds up getting him. You know, would have got him to the ground for like a forty yard gain on just a beautifully thrown ball with anticipation, touch and accuracy over the middle. The second one was kind of a comeback route coming back down the stem and Waddle plucks the thing above the face mask and then took that like long looping route back around under the defense and found the sideline for a big explosive play run after the catch, kind of kind of like the Green Bay game a couple of years ago, but not to that extent, but kind of that similar vein of like running around the defense and getting to the sideline. And then the third one was just a straight deep shot where he stacked camp Smith on a vertical to a cranks this thing out there.
Speaker 1: I think it was people care about this.
Speaker 2: I guess probably fifty to fifty five yards in the air, right on the money, and Wattle kind of fought the ball a little bit, bobbled it, caught it and goes in for the touchdown.
Speaker 1: So three big plays.
Speaker 2: I would say those three catches alone, if your counting stats, would have been like one hundred and ten yards and one touchdown.
Speaker 1: So pretty good there from those two guys.
Speaker 2: Going back to the rest of practice here, Westbrook Akene caught a speed out to the field, which is a throw that TUA doesn't typically make.
Speaker 1: Usually it's to the boundary the short side of the field.
Speaker 2: But it was catch rock throw the football, and it just looked to me like, hey, if they're going to tilt in one direction towards rereak and waddle towards John Whuo towards whatever it might be, don't forget about Nick Westbrook, a kine who can run this route, who can stack the defensive back, who can have the big frame and the ability to box out and protect the football in those situations. Tua can trust a guy like that and he can be a one on one space available. We're going to vacate this zone, throw the ball to Nick Westbrook Akine and get your yards that way. So I thought we saw some of that, and it kind of reminds me of what we saw last year from you eight chan in the short passing game of the flats and the checkdowns and the flare the Texas routes. John hus Smith is kind of a you know, a release valve options, a you know, block pass pro, turn your turning numbers back to the quarterback and catch the ball or run a little seam dump or like a little flat route or a hookup, whatever it might be. You have all these guys that can do that, and to me, Westbrook A. Kine is one of those guys. Now, I thought that that was pretty obvious in this practice. Saw some Taj Washington that was good to see, Jalen Wright, Tanner o Connor part of a team that checked him together. And then Tua throws a beautiful corner route to Tanner Connor for fifteen yards where he pumps to the flat, the cloud cornerback crashes down, opens that space, and then he puts the ball in there right on the money. It's a pleasure to watch two a play quarterback, especially in comparison to what else I saw, because Zach Wilson checked in and you know, it's it's early, so I'm not gonna like when it was happening for Skyler last year. It was like you could tell on my podcast it was to the point of exhaustion, right, like it's not gonna happen for this guy that you could just say it ain't gonna happen. Zach is brand new in the offense, so I won't kill him for it. But it looked panicked and rushed. The feet didn't look on time with the passing game and listen like you have to in this offense. You have to be able to catch a snap, understand that the rush might be vulnerable from one side, and because of that rush expedition, you have to alter your drop, which is married up to the timing of the route of the receiver, and if he gets disrupted by the press coverage, that throws off the timing as well. And you have to be able to adjust and adapt to this on the fly within two and a half seconds, and I don't expect a quarterback to come out and do that right away. It was the same way for quinn Ewers, it looked bad and the ball was all over the place, And for Tua it looks super sharp, which, for one, I do acknowledge how tough it is for a new quarterback to come in and do that stuff, but also too, it makes me appreciate even more and should make you and the media here I would hope appreciate what Tua does because it's high level stuff and there's a reason that he throws for league leading stats across the board every single year that he's healthy out there playing. So Zach had a completion to aj heading the rookie from Michigan that was heavily contested. Isaiah Johnson, I thought had a chance to make a play on it, not was upset with himself after the fact.
Speaker 1: The offense.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get into reporting on what it is here, but it looks different.
Speaker 1: There's more to it. I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Alex Alexander Madison beat Willie Gain a Texas route and took it all the way in for a touchdown, but it would he would have been tackled earlier. But it was a nice little route from him, and then the way he finished it in the endzone was cool to see. And I just got to say, from what I saw from Zach Wilson, just I think they have a ways to go there. He threw another one that was late on a jerk route to Dwayne Eskridge, and Ardie Burns was there to make a pass break up but didn't do it, and Eskridge made made the catch and and made a sick catch later on on a ball from Zach Wilson again where he runs a corner route. The ball is like three yards behind him and Eskridge reaches back with his left arm and plucks it and brings it in one handed. Pretty sick catch there. Quinn ew Weer checks in, now this is all seven on seven. By the way, he had a corner route on the whole shot between cover two and just sails it over the receiver. Jordan Colbert did have a good break on that ball from a split field safety look to the boundary side. Again, he looked like I thought our rookie would look like I saw Farrell Brown wide open on that play, but it kind of seemed like, hey, get the ball out. Let's let's get the ball out of our hands and make quick decisions and not try to get too far into the progression. Farrell Brown speaking of him, he's huge. I was like, who the freak is that tackle lighting up out there? Oh, that's our new tight end and kind of move like it too. If I'm being honest with you, guys, Let's go ahead and take our last break, come back and do some eleven on eleven notes. And I have a couple of more audio clips for you guys here. That's all Next Draft Time podcast, brought to you by Autoonation. Kicking off this segment with a thing a note that I think the fans are going to love. And I was so curious to track this because obviously James Daniels is not out there right now coming back off the Achilles Terror from last year. But I will tell you this, Liam Mickenberg was not the one who replaced him. I'm just gonna say that. And I wanted to leave you guys with that and make you probably a little bit happier about that. But yeah, Liam as a glue guy, in the back end of the offensive line at this point of his career. Job Robinson he popped from the minute team drills started. He had a sack on one of the first plays where he double swipes the right tackle's hands in this case it was Larry Borum, and then cut the corner off with the tag off on the quarterback and it was like a one and a half second blur. He got back there, very very impressive pass rush from him. I thought there was nothing that Larry Borum could have done about that particular rush. And then Chubb man Ryan Hayes got kind of got schooled today. He got some real, some real good reps from the veterans across from him. Chubb beat him across his face and stopped a shot gun hand off in the backfield. Es Gridge makes that one handed catch behind him on the Zach Wilson throw that I talked about, and then Tua checks in, so it was kind of the second team offense there first, and Chop then completely shuts down a wide zone run with a push pull disengage where he pushed and then and then was able to create momentum and then pulled the offensive line back down and got him out of the way and stacked up the run play on the outside, so showing some real strength at the point of attack. The folks that talk about Chopp being a third down only player can't defend the run, You're gonna eat those words this this this fall, because this dude is locked in, ready to rock and roll and then to hit Walllew on that deep crosser. And then the next play was the deep shot from Tua to Wadall on the crosser. And the very next play was Austin Jackson sealing the edge on a Devon ah Chan run where a Chan had a real nice track and kind of pressed the gap and then kicked it outside. And I thought that little extra press gave gave Austin the chance to hit his reach block off the outside, and I had Devon with like eight or nine yards before the first contact was even there, as he won the race to the perimeter, and then you've seen him cut that back for big plays on Sundays as well, So I thought that was really impressive. And just you know, we've done so much work about how Austin's run game prowess kind of we saw the fall off when he got injured it was cool to see in the first period of the day him get a big block for a big eight chan run. And then Ashton Davis was a guy that I thought had a really good day of practice, probably the best defensive back on the field for my money. He had that play where he prevented Wall from scoring touchdowns. That's good, I guess, but had a really nice couple of reps capping half the field and forcing checkdowns to his side of the field and coverage. Matt Dickerson had a TfL he got around joe An Golly, Savii Naya god like Lee, get it right, buddy, I put that. I thought Jonah was kind of you know, uh sinking, not swimming, sinking a little bit there, but he would bounce back in a big way. Then Quinn you were checks in and Ollie Gordon. I didn't tweet about this, but one of the most impressive individual reps of the day where he had this press the a gap, jumping back out to the sea gap and hit full speed and looked like a doke Walker went it to me, man, it didn't look like twenty twenty four version. The defense flows off the top, he takes a dummy step inside and accelerates back around the edge and wins that. It looked pretty impressive. Speaking of impressive, Grayson Murphy is gonna make this team. That's Travis Wingfield speaking nobody else. He's gonna make this team, and he's gonna make plays on Sundays. He chucked Ryan Hayes, which kind of got a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Got the best of Hayes today.
Speaker 2: And made a play on Alexander Madison in the backfield and he was pursuit. He had a really good pass rush and later in the day where he was able to get around the edge and forced I think it was Brett Gabbert, the new quarterback, to boot all the way to the corner and basically give up on the play. And he looks fast, he looked physical. Grayson Murphy, keep an eye on his name. Forty two is the number. Elijah Campbell also had a hustle play where Jalen Wright had a long run down the field and right looked really good, but he didn't finish the rep and you know, maybe he maybe he was over. But Campbell did finish the rep and he ran down and punched the ball out and got on it and ran it back through the way. Good teach tape of effort and strain. That's what Elijah Campbell does. And then Bradley Chubb it gets back into the fold, walking Ryan Hayes again into the quarterback for another sack. A big day for number two. He was asked about that play in particular.
Speaker 1: Here's bea chub man.
Speaker 5: You got you got guys back there talking junkin. You know, it's just the competitive nature of guys, you know, And like I said, I've been out for a year and a half, so anything to get going. Man, I just see red and at the end of the day, I got to protect the team and all that. But you know, we're just getting better competing with one another, and that's gonna make us better throughout this whole process. Man. I'm excited to, like I said, just to be out there, just to be feeling going through those those plays and be able to like talk to junkin and receive it back because you're actually playing. So it's been fun.
Speaker 2: I love when guys love this game and just love being back on the field too. What checks back in and then Storm Duck makes a nice pass breakup on I Nick Westbrook a Keen a ball. Duck made a few plays in this game or in this practice, I would say that him and Ashton Davis were the best eb's in the field. And then Jonah Saviat jeez Man so vit Naya really settled in. Later on in practice he had a couple of pass pro reps that were just like what Chris Greer talked about set in the pocket and just like the sheer mast and the hands and the wide base and his set that guys couldn't get around him when he was doing that right. And then sure enough the very next play he washes Kenneth Grant, who I thought had to find practice, but he washed him down the line of scrimmage and created a big lane for Jalen Wright to have one of his three or four big runs that he hit in this game or practice, I should say. And then Ashton Davis, I just put another note here, moving with purpose, no false steps. I thought he was in good shape and coverage a handful of times and been a big part of some incomplete passes that were thrown. And then Patrick Paul pitched a clean sheet in the pass pro reps that I saw. He was the guy in on the play against Chop when Chop had the win, no no, sorry, when Grays and Murphy had that win against the run. But in pass pro I had him as a clean sheet from all the reps that I saw. Let's go ahead and finish this with two soundbites here. First, Mike McDaniel was asked about Austin Jackson and James Daniel's recovery. It's not a practice note, but I thought it's worth talking about here on the podcast.
Speaker 4: And he's the biggest thing for him is he's been his active participator in the within the room and in the film room, knowing that he's you know, he's he's new to the system and what we want to do and how we want to utilize his skill sets. So Austin's surely further ahead. But but James is doing well.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was apt by the way. I think, I mean, Austin's already out there playing and then James. I think we'll both of those guys are going to be weak one ready to go. In my opinion, Let's go ahead and close with this. I thought I was apt to close with this comment about the culture changed, the non negotiable kind of the impact of all that what have you seen so far? Five weeks into the off season program. Here's coach kind of ending the show where we began the off season.
Speaker 4: There's no shortcut for the answer to that equation. There's no easy put a poster on the wall. You have a team, this twenty twenty five team I've been with for five weeks, and with their their daily investment across the board, with the attendance and and the the vigor that we go about each and everything, each and everything, I can tell where their minds are at. And you don't fix something by about it and complaining about it. You fix stuff with action. So every damn motivated for the team to tell me who they want to be. And as we're standing five weeks in, I'm happy with today, knowing that today is not our ultimate vision for where we're going. So we better press forward to put ourselves in a position to get better today into tomorrow. And you just chop wood like that. You know, your your culture is defined by the people within it and how you execute your daily habits, and so the tonality of the focus of the team has been clear to me thus far. And we'll see how it goes today and through the week.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, one in the books. We'll have one next week for you guys as well, and then three the following week. We'll fill out the rest of the scheduled episode times with other podcast content, So keep it locked right here Drift Time Podcasts for all your Dolphins latest, including the most in depth coverage of these practices. Until next time, though, We're gonna have a mailbag episode on a Friday for you guys. I appreciate you guys right in and getting so much content for that, but until then you all please be sure subscribe, rate review the show, follow me on social at winkfol NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins, check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice, the YouTube channel for media availabilities, Dolphins HQ, Drivetime content, and so much more, and last, butt not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com. Until next time. Finn's up all on camera and Daddy, he's coming home.