Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boosmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Check this out, oh Joe during the MAVs karaoke cam during the time out of fan mile.
Speaker 2: Fire Nico that quickly booted him from the arena.
Speaker 3: This was the first time of fans had been shown on video since the trade. Fans booed as the guy was escorted out of the arena.
Speaker 2: Is that the right way to handle this?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: The show?
Speaker 1: I think no?
Speaker 2: Wait wait is it the right way to handle it for who the fan? Or then is that the right way for the maverage to handle it? Ohe absolutely not. Listen, fans come to a game. They able to express themselves based on decisions that have been made. You know he did he didn't yell profan He didn't. He didn't yell sentities.
Speaker 3: It wasn't It wasn't like you know what I'm saying, O, Joey wasn't anything like no racial All he said was right, Yeah, that should get you kicked out of the retough job, sock.
Speaker 1: Shoudn't get you kicked out. But you're just enjoy a game. You're there, You're there to enjoy a game. You're there to have fun.
Speaker 3: I keep saying that, keep saying College Nico Harrison, I'm sorry, Chato Harrison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then listen that there's a no tolerance policy. I think fans need to under understand and respect not only the players.
Speaker 2: But but other other authority as well. You know, go there if if you if you're not pleased with them.
Speaker 1: We understand your displeasure with certain individuals based on decisions that they made. You just there's certain things you can't do. It's like you know, when you get pulled over by the cop and just because you know the law, you want to challenge authority or you want to curse or you want to prove you know, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, you upset, Yeah, you upset, But would happen and would you know, Luca Luca Leving go to the game, enjoy it.
Speaker 1: You see him, give me a little quick boot, you know, boom, don't buy you enjoy the game.
Speaker 3: But I think when you when you handle it this way now, you invite more people to be this word.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all I said was Minico co Harrison.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's an offense that should get me thrown out of the game. If i'm rather if you're yelling at the sentities, if I'm yelling racial stuff, if it is profane, I get it. But that's all he said was fired Nicole Harrison. That's not that's not an ejectable offense.
Speaker 2: Now they have to take it.
Speaker 3: They've had to add extra security to this man to and from watching his own because of the threats. That's too far. That's taking it too far. I get it you're upset, but to put threats on the man's life and his family's life, that's going too far. So right, I get I get the precaution that the Mavericks are taking, but I can't get down with that because all he said was fire Nico Harrison.
Speaker 2: And the man that is talked from Merina And you know what, Well, cracking your window it always starts small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't fix it, if you're don't set a president early, that crack, it gets bigger and bigger over time. So now you're talking about he just said fire Nico, and that's all he said you know that small crack will continue to get bigger and bigger because other people are going to see that. So they're doing as they jumping the gun. You know, we need to get on top of this now before this small crack eventually turns a little bit bigger and it gets out of control.
Speaker 3: But hey, once you go there, Look, we asked God, we ask everybody to be respectful, blah blah blah, and once he yeah, once he yeahed at the first You know, Miles, that the first time, just paying off it. You remember how they used to show it every time when Streakers would run on the field, A guy and women would left the shirtle and they were just stay on it.
Speaker 2: Now they just hey, they just cut away. We're not gonna give you no TV time.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna let you have your little five seconds, your fifteen seconds of fame.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna move on.
Speaker 3: I think for me, I think that would have been the proper way to handle it. But hey, the Mavericks did what they did. I don't agree with it. As a matter of fact, they just ejected a team a Red John's dead out of the game because he said something to an official.
Speaker 2: I guess I.
Speaker 3: Could be wrong, but I think I'm praying for it, and I think said y'all on the take or something like that.
Speaker 2: You have to be careful, you know, when you say stuff like that with officials.
Speaker 3: That's a very very touchy subject, especially when gamblings evolved. But this, this is not even close for me, Chad. Let me know what you guys think as an ejection, little offense. Kevin Rand is still with the Phoenix Suns and ready to get back on the court after last week's the event for trade deadline full of speculation. It's just part of the business. Everybody's bought and sold in this league. Anybody came up for option, so I understand. It's just about getting back on the court and trying to go out there and play the game that I love.
Speaker 2: It's part of the business.
Speaker 3: Though, we've all got to understand that the Sons ended up having a relatively quiet trade deadline, dealing only Disgruntel center U sapt Nurgic to the Hornets, but keeping the rest of the court intact. The team's big three, the rat Book and Bradley Bill is still together as the franchise tries to gain traction. Understanding, Oh Joe, you agree, disagree, Like what Katie said.
Speaker 1: I like what Katie said. Obviously he feels that every everyone, everyone is expendable at this point. And I think I don't think Katie would have said anything like that if he hadn't seen a deal that happened with Luca. Don't because he would even the utter those type of words. But now seeing that they were able to get rid of Bluego, despite how good he was, I think that's why he said what he said. Anytime, anytime Katie was on the move, it's because he wanted it. It's because he wanted it. You know, he said, you know, he was displeased with the issue or with the with the with the turmoil and chaos that was.
Speaker 6: Going on around him.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to make a move.
Speaker 2: Him gonna move was whether it was the Warriors, whether it was God damn. Okay Okay.
Speaker 3: So he's like, yeah, I want to move on, well within his right, well within his right. The Warriors you mentioned, he was there, he wasn't happy. A part of that for me, A part of it, Uh, The Warriors was new addition, Johnny, Bobby Rick and Mike.
Speaker 2: They were the original Johnny gil.
Speaker 6: Could I say them all, yeah, because he didn't grow up in Rosbury and Boston, right, so he was never going to be accept it like those like Trade Clay and Steph excuse me, Steph Clay and and Draymond Right, we know what kad a.
Speaker 3: Seven foot walking bucket, Yes, fifth Rage, can get to shoot the three you follow him ninety percent of his shot, can play with his back to the basket, can put.
Speaker 2: The ball in the playoff.
Speaker 3: We've never seen a guy film foot's tall, head of the ball and be able to do what he does.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But he's like, you know what, I'm gone. He goes, he goes to Brooklyn and seems like, man, I'm gone. So once you leave, it's easier for you to do it again. It's just like, oh Joe, it's just like somebody get divorced. A lot of time when people get divorced, you see a person with multiple divorces because once you leave the relationship, it gets a lot easier to leave.
Speaker 2: The next relationship, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's another thing. And now I'm gonna take it to sports. Once you see someone getting knocked out the first time, you know how much easy it is, and to get knocked out of here. Yes after that three yes, So subconsciously it's already there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, make it happen a lot faster. So so KD just wants to play basketball.
Speaker 3: That's what he is. He's a professional basketball player. He works on his craft extremely hard. You don't get this. You don't play as long as he's played being as good as he is without working on his craft. All that other stuff. He let Rich Kleiman do what he does, had his business stuff. KD just wants to focus on basketball on the court, and so he understands the business of the game, just like he was a business He was a free agent. He went the Golden State. He became a free agent again. He went to Brooklyn. He's like, you know what, the situation is getting out of hand. I don't think we can win here. I want to go somewhere else. But he handled such a way. He didn't make a whole lot of noise. He didn't call, you know, misspractice, or be laid, or start by the shooter rant or shoot a round. His representatives say, look, I would like to be moved, get what you can for me, and this you know this. They did a ma solid. He wanted to go to philis. They put him in faded. But see that's because of the person, the man, the player that he is. He's been very respectful how he handled it. They accommodated it a lot of times. Like where you want to go, Okay, I'm gonna see you do the opposite place you want to go to Heaven?
Speaker 2: Hell it is yeah, bust.
Speaker 3: General manager John Horse said trading franchise cornerstone Chris Middleton after twelve season in Milwaukee was the hardest transaction he's made started, but did so to maximize the window for a championship. It's still the awesome responsibility to try to take this franchise and maximize them the window that we have now as best we can what we think gives us the best chance to win and figure out how.
Speaker 1: To continue winning going forward.
Speaker 3: There's a very narrow set of opportunities that we felt that we could do that, and this is one of them.
Speaker 2: Milwaukee traded Middleton and rookie guard A. J.
Speaker 3: Johnson and it picks walk to Washington and exchange for Kyle Kuzma.
Speaker 1: Patrick Baldwin Junior had a second round pick.
Speaker 3: Before last week's trade deadline, the Bucks also acquired center Jericho sims for the New York Knicks as part of the deal. Ocho, the executive, said it was the hardest decision, one of the hardest decisions had to make.
Speaker 2: I heard that's I heard that before too. Huh. Then we hear that from someone who's who's who sits?
Speaker 1: Who sits to one of the higher seats for the Giants Joe Jones was one of the hardest things for him to do, but they still did it. Yeah, I'm not sure in that case it was for the betterment of the team. Do you think this situation and letting Chris Midleton go was from the betterment of the team in the future and giving them their best chance at a trophy or competing for one.
Speaker 3: I think the injury that uh, the injury. They didn't think that. It comes down to Joe, Do I believe then I can count on you long term moving forward, and so I make your decision. When somebody tells you that you know your parents, you'll tell you this is gonna hurt I got I'm finished.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell your ass up. But it's gonna hurt me more than her hurt.
Speaker 3: If I don't want you to be hurt and I damn sure don't want me to be hurt.
Speaker 2: What's the bull job is that?
Speaker 1: Hey boy, my grandma used to get catch me with that boy and junior high you know, in my.
Speaker 2: Early day in high school and getting in trouble.
Speaker 3: It's gonna hurt me more than hurt you. Well, I don't want you to hurt it. Why are you doing it? Don't hurt I don't want you. I definitely don't want to hurt It's some y'all with that and that's what that's what exists. Oh you know this, this hurts me to bad. Stop uh now you know I honestly if it was a situation where and that's what if you go back and look at it, that's what made coach Belichick so good, and that's what really hurt him, and that's what her tall because coach realizes, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to make a very tough decision one day.
Speaker 3: The closer I get to a player, the harder it is for me to do my job. This is why in the military they I don't know if they still have it, but higher ups messing with lord subbordinates because they cloud the judgment. Now, I don't want to put you in hard way because I feel some type of well about you, Yes, sir, So that's why they don't like that. They you know, if you are higher up, you can't mess with it subordinate because you're in a position of authority and you are over that person. And so when you got to send somebody out to go do battle, you got to send them out of the battle.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's your little boot thing or that's your wou now.
Speaker 3: You think here with me, let me get let me get letting that job.
Speaker 2: If you get hurt, you stay right over here with me right over here. That ain't how it works.
Speaker 3: And so when you're dealing with and so that's why you have to keep a motion out of it.
Speaker 2: That's why you can't can't.
Speaker 3: Get too close, because the closer you are to an individual, the hard it is it is for you to part with said individual, right And so you know, and maybe maybe maybe it is I behave I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never been in a situation.
Speaker 3: Where I had to make a very very tough decision where you've been with someone for an extended period of time and you've won together, You've accomplished so much together excuse me, and it comes to a point in time where you have to let said individual go. I'm sure that's not an easy thing to do. But uh but like you said, at the end of the day, oh Joe, no matter what I think of an individual, I still have an obligation to be owner that pays my salary to the fair race, to be to put the best product on the floor in order to win a championship.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I understand it. I don't know if that's the best product on the floor to achieve their end goal, but so be it.
Speaker 2: Oh show.
Speaker 3: The Lakers lose big in Utah after dismantling Utah just a few days ago. They lose by twelve nineteen, snapping the six game win streak they headed Toil. They all start break thirty two twenty Alex the Lakers side Alex Land seven foot tall, two hundred and fifty pounds of sorryness.
Speaker 2: But the big Oh my bad, damn that was no, that wasn't what was in I just reach. That just came to me.
Speaker 3: The Lakers needed to put side the physicality which he did not provide. After the Knicks trade with Mark Williams and the Charlotte Hornets. They weighed Christian Woods to create an open roster spot. He missed the season after recovering from off season surgery. But tonight was a tough first start.
Speaker 2: For Alex Land, who did not do a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Got some good cardio in other than that, twenty two minutes, two of five, two offensive ribs, so he had seven rebounds, two assists, one block, and three personal files. Not much, not much, not much. It probably just met the team yesterday. The Lakers had no interior presence with him on the court.
Speaker 1: Loud.
Speaker 2: The Utah Jazz shoot fifty two percent from the floor.
Speaker 3: Laurie Marketing was eleven of eighteen, six to ten from the three, four to four from the free throw line, thirty two points plus thirty five. Walker Kessler plus twenty three. He had sixteen points. Jordan Clarkson had twenty three points. He was plus thirty three. Tonight just wasn't it? O Joe and we knew this was real problem because of the ability to defend. And right now they don't really have guys. You look at the guys, they don't have defensive guys. I don't know why they only got unless Jackson Hayes got hurt. I don't know why he only played seven minutes, but he left the ball game and didn't come back. And he was two or two from the field seven points, no excuse me, seven minutes with four points. But they can't defend. No, Joe auster Reeve struggled shaking three to night, so the Luca. But Lucas gonna take a while. He's been out almost eight seven weeks, yes, since Christmas, so it's gonna take him a while to get his rhythm back.
Speaker 2: But they didn't. They didn't defend.
Speaker 3: And when you don't defend it, you don't shoot the ball well, you end up going down by twenty four to twenty six points. They end up losing by twelve. But the game really wasn't closed. Don't let the final score fool you. The game was not this posse.
Speaker 1: All right, But listen the Lakers as opposed to the last game. As opposed to the last game, the Lakers came out flat. They came out flat. They played very uninspired. Obviously, Jackson Hayes only getting seven minutes, having what maanbefore four points year four points of minutes ever since he where ever since he was out of the game. I think he's the only defending president that could really be inside the paint and be able to defend to some extent. After that, it was just a god damn lup see for the Utah Dunts.
Speaker 3: How many how many loves did you see? I mean they throw a log from out of bounds.
Speaker 1: It was love city. It was lot of city.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Also, one of the things you have to notice about this game too, When the Jazz played the Lakers, the first time, they turned the ball over I think maybe eighteen nineteen plus times. This game, they were able to protect the ball a little bit more. They didn't have as many turnovers, and obviously with the Lakers coming out as flat as they did and the Jazz being efficient as they were from the line, I forgot. I think Collyer had twenty Uh what was it? Why you say?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Marketed?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, marketing a young bullysh Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He could score, he can rebound, he can facilitate, yeah he I mean he's been an All Star. He's been an All Star. And we know Jordan Clarks again who headed up with the best of them. John Collins is a nice game tonight. Seventeen points eight rebounds and assays two blocks. But uh yeah, you could tell early on th show the way the Lakers came out. They came out really with no enthusiasm. They didn't defend, they didn't attack the basket. They look at the free throws. I mean they cross free throw and you're seventeen to thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, Luca is gonna take Luca a little medicant, Yeah, going beginning rhythm back, also three. If you're gonna have games like this, you're gonna have games. But yeah, it's hard to be on every single night. It's hard to be on every single night, and tonight just happened to be one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had played well, he had Reeves had really played well, say the last eight to ten ball games. He been really well, had a career high forty five points, and when Luca and Lebron were both out of the game, played well the other night when when Luca first got there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he out of that all night tonight. He didn't shoot the ball.
Speaker 3: He ended up with fifteen or eleven assists, did a great job of facilitating, only had one turnover, so you can live with that, but he didn't shoot the ball. Well, he was won a team from the from the three point line. Jackson Hayes left with a facial contusion. So that's probably why you got a Land playing probably more minutes than you really wanted them to play. Koloco also got nine minutes. But they just don't have bigs. They don't have bodies to really throw at people. And the guys that they throw out there, that's all they're doing. They're throwing out there. Jackson Hayes is really a guy. You don't, I mean, none of their bigs. You run offense for O Joe. They run lobs. Get it off there a you on points, get it off the rem offensive reboudy and put it back in. That's how you gonna get your points because we're not running anything for you right now.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I think if Jackson Hayes is there, he's some type of defensive presence. Yeah, obviously with his length, he's tall.
Speaker 2: And the Lincoln just couldn't seem to keep up with the pacers.
Speaker 1: Jazz had the whole.
Speaker 3: Well they got they you know what, they end up taking the lead because the Jazz had a little story, a scoring drought, and that's what happened.
Speaker 2: You know the game of runs.
Speaker 3: The Lakers got their rule and then all of a sudden, like they relaxed, wouldn't play any defense, and lay up, lay up, dunk, lay up, three three three three three.
Speaker 2: The next thing you know, the game.
Speaker 1: Is blown wide open.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna have to do a better job. JJ is gonna have to find a combination. Look, he's trying to he's searching right now.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The three guys that you're not gonna start probably read Luca and Lebron. Uh, we'll see mixing match with Jackson Hayes. Uh. Probably Ruin is gonna be that the the other guy that starts. Uh. But vander belt ooh and rough on him tonight. Uh, Briny got in it and mop up time got him a nine quick points hit two threes, one or two from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: Nice little floater, like little floatera little float. He looked good. It looks very comfortable, look very comfortable, very poor, very confident, especially in the shots left.
Speaker 3: But that's hard for me to believe that dwighte how wouldn't be better than than than Alex Linn. It's hard to be to believe that. I ain't saying he gonna be We don't need d White. See people say you keep talking about Dwight. You don't need Dwhite Howard to be Orlando Magic. Dwight Howard he can't, nor should you expect that from him. But what they got, so you need to tell me Dwight high and can't be better than the colloqual. Really, he can't be better than Alex lenn That's all we asked him to be better than that. Not be All NBA, not be Defensive Player of the Year, not be that, just be better than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, I say, I see what you're saying. Okay, I have a question for you then, So how long obviously you have the All Star breaking up right now? How long has Lake just figured out? How long had the JJ figures out what pieces need to be able to intend this team?
Speaker 3: This this Robster is not built to contend. It all depends on who you get in the first round matchup. You Mike can stee you Mike and still I mean Luke and Lebron. Mike can steal it. But that's as far as you're going. You're not beating in the team to have You're not going you're not gonna be okay, see, not not with this. You're definitely not you and you what you're gonna do with yoke? Now, Jamal Murray went crazy. Not he had fifty five. Jokich had a quiet. Now they say, Jamal, I've been carrying you. Hey, I've been doing what I do hey, And he dropped fifty five. And everybody knows Jamal Murray can get Haibachi hot and he got that tonight.
Speaker 2: But no, they're not, they're not. They're not.
Speaker 3: They're not really, you know, doing anything, not with this roster. Not like I said, Lebron and Luca could probably get hot and can steal yours a series, but after that, that's where the buck stops. They're not they're not good enough to really do anything. They don't defend that a high enough level. Now, they can't control the clock, they control of the pace of the game. Both of these guys with the ball in their hands can control it.
Speaker 2: But I just don't.
Speaker 3: I just don't see enough on the on the defensive end, because at the end of the day, it still comes down the defense win championships, and uh, they don't have nearly enough.
Speaker 2: So we're going to the frank Conal loss, but they had won sixth straight.
Speaker 3: So they win the last six or seven and uh one to one nineteen, they have to be pleased. They're thirty two and twenty uh a lot better than what they were last year. At the All Star Game, we'll see what they do. Lucas get some time off. Lebron is the only one going to the All Star Game, so to be interesting to see what the guys do uh uh with their time going into the break. But I ain't like what I saw tonight. I ain't even liketch it. I didn't even hold you on that old Joe. I didn't like what I saw tonight.
Speaker 1: And listen, it's so funny how the game of basketball works. Listen, you play, you played two three nights ago, having having many nights it was, you come back and playing the exact same team, exact same personnel, and you come out completely flat. You look completely different. You did turnover. They did turn when they turned over, they didn't get back.
Speaker 3: Nobody got back there loafing like babe, I ain't getting no foul and they moping. And you know, I wish Lebron would stop doing that because sometimes you know, he turns the ball over, he doesn't get a call that he thought he should have got bro get back and he don't.
Speaker 2: He laughing back and then they busted three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta understand now he's a little older and man, you know, having having a shoot back down that quarter every time of ball.
Speaker 3: Now, say, hey, all up said is don't walk. I ain't say you got to be speedy gunzales, but just don't walk. Just don't walk. Give me a little give me a little bit more effortent because the guys are looking. You can't miss a shot. Get mad they didn't call a foul, moped down and then shrug your shoulders.
Speaker 2: Like what happened?
Speaker 1: A lot of teams organation. Yeah, I got some.
Speaker 3: Uh brandon Ingram declined one hundred and sixty million dollars with the Pelicans, only to accept one hundred and twenty million dollars with the Raptors.
Speaker 1: But listen, I have a question. I don't know in what world? Chat y'all stay with me real quick now, I don't know in what world? Whereas that bad? We leave forty million dollars on the table and choose to go somewhere else. You ain't nobody for the see and tell me. Listen, I just left. I just left New Orleans for a week, six six seven days straight. You ain't for the hell me based on what I saw in that wonderful city, culture, the people, the food, the architecture, the history.
Speaker 3: You ain't playing basketball. You don't want to be You ain't playing basketball. Well, the devil is alive. You just saw Tyreek. You just saw Tyree complain making thirty two minion in Miami with all that warner, with all that nice web, with all the women down there.
Speaker 2: He complained. Now you want to try again?
Speaker 1: Not wait a minute. Now, listen.
Speaker 2: Now that's Apples the artists. You talk about two different scenarios.
Speaker 1: You talk about the Tyreek Hill that just came off a season that was nothing like like he felt it should have been. You had a quarterback that gotten hurt. He wasn't get the ball like he felt he should. He was frustrated. Stay with me.
Speaker 2: He was frustrated about for one, not putting up the numbers he should have, two not getting the ball the way he should and three he got in front of that camera before he cooled down.
Speaker 1: That's calling him. Rule number one. After the game, you make sure you go take a shower and calm down before you say anything you shouldn't say before you're get in front of that camera. Now, you're not gonna tell me that New Orleans is that bad, even if you do play the game of basketball to the point where you know what, I'm not coming I'm not coming back here. I'm not signing the here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave forty million dollars on the table.
Speaker 1: Am I go somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Not and go where?
Speaker 3: If he went to Canada, he went to another country because he want to win. You say, frustration, who wants to be there? You see Zion? You think Zion want to be in New Orleans? If I mean, did hold on, did Anthony? Did Anthony Davis want to be in New Orleans? So I'm just trying to figure out that the players that they've had that wanted to be there. You say, you can't understand why because I want to win a I can't win there?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, but you know what the onus that's that's on management needs to make make it a place some kind of way, some shape wave, film form or fashion where people want to come.
Speaker 3: O Jo, he need you need to do what you need to do oh yo. See, that's great for you if you're a tourist. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: I ain't no goddamn tourist. I'm from New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You a tourist.
Speaker 3: You go down there for a couple of days, you get to eat the food, you get to get. But I'm saying, these guys gotta live it. They want to win. That's not New Orleans is not conducing for winning. It's okay, that's not a knock on the side. But let me ask you a question. What big time Fredge decided with New Orleans. Oh wait, you just take your time, tall, We got time. We just getting started. Tell me the big time fridgided.
Speaker 2: With New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand what you're saying. I understand what you're saying, but you didn't hear what I said. First, the owners management creating an environment where people want to come to You know, there was a time where people didn't want to come to the heat.
Speaker 2: They always wanted to go to.
Speaker 3: First of all, First of all, how pretty big only say you traded for Jimmy Butler. I mean you got Jimmy and Lebron one Lebron was but Ron ended up being a trade. He did them a solid. They didn't get KD. They didn't get no big mother free agents. So why you over the huck with the puppy took? I coming to Miami where win who.
Speaker 2: Let me?
Speaker 1: Let me finish, Let me finish. There was a time where nobody wanted to come to Cincinnati. You know that they still don't have a problem. Stop Bigti pridgy, y'all got all of them wanted. I said they want to come the time they had a right for them, Joe, you said they want to come.
Speaker 2: And I'm not a mind. I didn't sit on no tree. I can't turn the head all the way around.
Speaker 1: But listen to him. To me, the big the big free agents that that have been that that have been available, You listen to me, that's where they wanted to go. They just didn't say anything public And I just told you then money so you so, in other.
Speaker 3: Words, they want to go to Cincinnati knowing they're not gonna get paid, knowing Mike Brown has been cheap, knowing the Bengals have been cheap.
Speaker 2: The entire the entire vistens really.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm just I'm just telling you. Now, Listen, who's a who's the owner? Who's the owner?
Speaker 2: In New Orleans?
Speaker 3: Who's Miss Gail Benson Pelicans, mister Bail, Miss Gail Benson, the husband died nor less sense?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh that man, that's for girl. You for real, man, man, I gotta know. I gotta talk to them miss Benson. I gotta tell them in Benson because listen what I saw in New Orleans, there's no reason why two things can't coexist, the Pelicans having a winning, a winning mentality, and it all starts at the top to go along with the goddamn city that is winning itself. I know what the hell I saw the past week I was out there. I told you, I'm from the Seventh Water, I'm from uptown. Now, I'm from uptown. Matter of fact, you want to go with me? Uh uh in March for what? Uptown? Uptown? Super son O.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, don't you how many big time forridge you signed with the Atlanta You in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 3: Oh, hey, that's a place to be, not a big time for basketball Fridge just signed there?
Speaker 1: How many they don't have a hey? They don't have a winning environment up they have a winning city though the aesthetics are very pleasing outside of the arena. I can tell you that I don't go that often. I'm just telling what somebody told me. I ain't telling you what I know. I'm telling you what I heard. Atlanta's a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: I'm the man.
Speaker 1: So it's so it's Houston. What is Houston? What do you consider you out like Houston? Okay, I know you like Houston. I'm talking about the environment. They're young, they're up and coming. I love what I made is doing with that team. Uh uh s Goon was an All Star.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 3: I like Jalen Green. I mean, the guy is twenty two years of age, balling out. They got it they uh, I'm in Thompson. They got a nice young squad. They got a nice young squad. Probably need one more. A veteran, you know Van Fleet. I like van Fleet.
Speaker 2: I like Brooks. They get after you. They play hard, night in and night out.
Speaker 3: They had a little rough patch or they lost about five six games in a row, but you can deal with that.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna be just like the Texans.
Speaker 3: The Texas isn't gonna be a place that you got a quarterback, You got Nico Collins, you got Demko Ryan who has a great defense. You see, they got Danail Hunter, they got Will Anderson Jr. They got Stingley Junior. They got some nice pieces. They got some nice pieces. They are few players away. They was able to lttle Larry Tunsel. The problem that they had is that Bill O'Brien ruined it when he traded a damn running back for All Pro wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Where the hell they do that at? Right? I never understood that. And then you had the.
Speaker 3: Situation with DeShawn You had the situation with the Sun and we don't need to get into it, but we know what happened, and that kind of set him back for a year or two. But they were able to get looked. CJ looks to be what he's supposed to be. Have a little down year this year, but I expect him to bounce back and play better next year.
Speaker 2: We'll see what they do. Uh.
Speaker 3: They lost a lot of their receivers. Tank Dale got injured. Uh, Stefan Diggs got injured. But I love the edition of Joe Mixon. There are a couple of pieces away they're gonna be right back. They're gonna be right back in the mix. But I think that's the thing. Listen, brandon Ingram did not make this decision, didn't take this decision lightly.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no man. Okay. Five.
Speaker 3: He had been sitting there for an extended period of time, and he realizes, he said, first of all, the guy that y'all want to build this thing around, he can't stay healthy. Now, for the most part, brandon Ingram hadn't stayed healthy either, So let's be all the way with that. So he I mean, hey, I understand he's looking at Zion, and Zion can't stay healthy. But brandon Ingram missed a lot of time also, and and and Pelican fans y'all know that. So it was like, right, man, let me go ahead and bounce. You're like, I go to a team. You know, they got Scotty Barnes. I like Scottie, they got that. I mean, look, I hate calling the man last name, but uh, how you need forty men on the table? I'll come on, nine, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 3: Oh see the basic mistake that I made a lot of times that I put myself in that situation. You can't put yourself in that situation. You wouldn't know. But oh, money can't buy happiness. The man ain't happy.
Speaker 1: Listen, money can buy your happening. But you know if money can buy you, they can buy your time. Well, he had, he can buy you had all the time he want to have been in there. Boy, Hey, look at look at what you call? Look at uh uh h? What's the guy name? Look at Melimda Gates. Bill Gates worked too to be two under bion. She said, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gone, Bagel's what I'm gone. But you said, money get bout happiness.
Speaker 1: I don't even like the fact that you listen, the fact that we have being airs in this world, the fact that we have being as in this world.
Speaker 2: And one of the things with little girls growing up, they're tort You.
Speaker 1: Have to find you somebody ass able to provide and provide you with stability. If Bill Gates and a few other billionaires that I named not too long ago on one of the shows have not been able to keep a woman happy long.
Speaker 2: Term, they just have.
Speaker 1: What chance do us normal folks have?
Speaker 2: You got to be happy? Oh, Joe, you make it seems like it's all of the women or me and get the boys too me and leave relationships.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen No, ain't not what don't don't do that? When the last time you've seen a man initiated the boors, I ain't seen it. I ain't seen it in the very long.
Speaker 2: More more times than not, it is the woman initiating.
Speaker 3: But his a woman that's also getting fed up with yes, so it's not something that sheas women don't haphazardly do things.
Speaker 1: Women are very methodical.
Speaker 2: They're very very.
Speaker 3: They're not just rushing out there, see a guy, see a guy, see a guy will leave a great woman for a fine things? That how women think? Mm hmm. Women don't think like that. Women are very methodical. Women are very meticulous. When a woman, when a woman leaves a man and they've been in a relationships for an extended period.
Speaker 2: Of time, she's had it up to hear.
Speaker 3: Now, you notice I said here, because when she had it up to here, she stayed when she get to hear right.
Speaker 1: Also, what you need to understand too long You got to think about this when a woman is fed up before she gets to hear and she's right here, all all her checks, all her checks, and got to be all our eyes gotta be dotted and all her tea's got to be crossed before she gets to here so she get exit. The plan has to be played out completely. She can't leave until she knows exactly what plan is. And they're going to execute yourself because you can't leave and then be dead in the water. Which is why when you talk, when you tell, when we talk about billionaires and their wives and marriage and divorce, you knowiced they always take half of them around.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of times they's like, look, luke, look here, I ain't taking half because because neither one of them had prenups. So theoretically they could have got a big ol'd chuck. They could have got bought it what they got now forty to fifty big. They ain't nothing to laugh at. Yeah, but I think the thing gives a lot of times when women women already see women were already told you what they're unhappy about, and you know, fix it. We know, we know we ain't listening. It didn't like, man, I don't know what happened. Well, she kind of told you, and she dropped bread crumbs. Not only did she tell you, she dropped bread crumbs that made a both, but you didn't hear over time, you made the low over time. Oh, Joe, first overall pick. Markel Folks is back in the NBA. Fulls has agreed to a contract with the Sacramento King. The twenty six year old guard had spent first after the season without a deal following an extra exploration of his rookie contract extension in summer of twenty four.
Speaker 2: He could see early playing.
Speaker 3: Time as the squad tries to fill the boy port guard left by the Aaron Fox who was traded to the Spurs. Will Folks ever be able to show why he was the former? No, No, he's never that true. That that that that that that ship is sale?
Speaker 6: Is it here?
Speaker 2: Is it still here? What if?
Speaker 1: What if here is fixed?
Speaker 2: Now? I think that's a barrier he couldn't get paid on.
Speaker 7: Didn't they take him over? Jason Tatum? They took him over Jason Tatum. He was like that, never forget. He was like that that it took him over is based on what he showed.
Speaker 2: Show that shot.
Speaker 3: You don't normally take a guy with that with a shot that looked that that.
Speaker 2: Defected the mechanics. Come on, old Joe, right your tize it out.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody listen, No matter how good he is, I don't believe the number one receivers going going number one overall. As a body catcher, you got to be able to pluck the ball. You gotta be able to play a traffic you gotta be able to transition. So if you got that many flaws.
Speaker 1: Number one overall, I mean listen, number listen, Uh, shots can be fixed.
Speaker 2: Lethal shooters right there down the street.
Speaker 1: He's not too far. You get with him in the Offseaton if if it's that big of a problem, hell Sean Marion, remember he shot.
Speaker 2: You at first.
Speaker 1: Overall, though, see, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: If you take a guy like you take a guy like sixteen, you think about it. You take a guy number one overall, he's supposed to be franchise changing. He's supposed to be lebron shot. That's what our team with a Will Kareem, Magic Johnson, that's what they're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Dawight Howard, franchise all three. He wasn't that a I.
Speaker 1: A question based on just the folks coming out of college. You didn't you didn't think once he got we was going he had to be French franchise changing based on the film that he put up, and.
Speaker 3: Well, I looked at him. I mean he was like he had a lot of hit a miss. But I was just always leary of that shot. It just concerned me. It.
Speaker 2: Did you think somebody would have took y'all married my number one?
Speaker 6: Overall?
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: He would have had along. He would have been he would have had to be extremely dominant in other in the.
Speaker 3: Other he was a he was an opting defending. He turned himself with that shot. He turned himself into a decent shooter. Can make threes, but he could defend, he can rebound. I just it's just hard. No, too much time is fast for him to live up to what he was where he was selected the slot that he was selected as.
Speaker 2: No, he's not living up to that now, can't he? Hopefully he can have a serviceable career moving forward. So he was out of the league. Yeah, he's out of the league for first half of the season. What what?
Speaker 3: What guy you know that's out of the league for first half of a season all of a sudden comes back and and and you're like, well, you know what A we show made a mistake on him.
Speaker 1: Right, it doesn't happen like that. I mean it's right. Well, listen hoping he comes back and makes a difference. He feels in that role in sack that Dar Darien, the Aaron Fox leaves and he can come in and be efficient and be somewhat, if not what we thought he would be, be something close to it.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You can have a quirky shot allah Ben Simmons, but normally you need to be sixteen.
Speaker 2: Ben Simmons was an All NBA defender. He was.
Speaker 3: He was like an all star six foot ten, could handle the ball.
Speaker 2: But you see eventually that caught up with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he became afraid to shoot the basketball.
Speaker 2: You see, I can't teach you how to shoot if you're afraid.
Speaker 3: See, I can't teach you how to swim if you're if you're afraid of the water, you can't learn how to swim.
Speaker 1: You heard just said Ben Simmons was scared shoot Marcus. He became scared to do also what so.
Speaker 2: Guess that he keeps scared to go to the basket because he didn't want to get fouled.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to get fouled.
Speaker 2: This is a contact sport with no, no, I'm gonna see you to the fret line.
Speaker 1: Oh so he don't want to see it again. I guess where that starts. Yeah, mentally, they are they they already they're already beat mentally before they even get to the game. So you can't the game freely because there are certain parts of your game you don't want to get it.
Speaker 2: I just, I just.
Speaker 3: I just thought being Simmons didn't work hard enough on this game. It's hard because I see guys, look at Auster Reeves. Austin Reeves has gotten better and better. An undrafted free agent has gotten better and better and better and better.
Speaker 2: It's hard for a guy to not to get to not get.
Speaker 3: Incrementally better if he or she doesn't work on something you would have get. I'm not saying you finna tell I'm not finished say the guy about to be Michael Jordan's Kobe. But you can get better. Go back and look at Ben Simms, Ben Simmons and getting better and nothing offensively. As a matter of fact, Number one.
Speaker 1: That also the two.
Speaker 2: Comparing the two, Austin Reeves had no choice but to get better.
Speaker 1: Austin Reeves had no choice but to improve. Austin Reeves is already behind the eight ball in general as a basketball player, Ben Simmons what six ways Simons sixteen put the.
Speaker 2: Ball on the floor. Shoot?
Speaker 1: He can't shoot that well. He can defend. So there's a difference in Assore's having the buses ass to get to the point where he's at right now.
Speaker 2: Ah see what you're saying. I see what you said.
Speaker 3: So Ben Simmons came is the number one pick and felt that, you know what, I ain't got to bust my ass.
Speaker 1: No exact exact.
Speaker 2: That's just which goes to my point.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to get incrementally better if you work at some right. If I can't, if I like one count of year, oh Joe, in fifty years, I'm gonna have fifty kN as opposed to not collecting any. I go two or three years and don't collect any. Guess what, I'm gonna have nothing, nothing. And that's the thing. It's hard for me. There is no way six foot ten can handle the ball, can defend. He can defend like four or five positions. He can guard a smaller point guard. He can guard a two or three or four.
Speaker 1: I look at Ben Simmons. Now, no, check, don't get on me like this, but I see Ben Simmons. He should have been Jason Tatum before Jason Tatum.
Speaker 3: He should have been Lebron. He should have been a bigger Lebron Maggie Johnson, because that's what he was. He's a point guard. He's a six foot ten point gard crazy, that's what he should have been, like Cray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he could defend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't. That's that's crazy. That's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Some of the biggest busts of all time in NBA history. And we use that term when we say bus. Obviously you get to the NBA, there's a success. But when you are the first overall pick, you're supposed to be franchise altering. Anthony Bennett, who Lord have mercy for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Greg Oden, greg Olden I think would have been successful had his knees not gave out on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the injuries right right, my home.
Speaker 3: Boy from Savannah Purvis Ellison, his knees gave out on him. Markev spot that you have a knee andrew and shoulder injury. He tried to change his shot, but it just didn't work. But I wish the young man the best of luck. He can't be no more than what twenty six twenty seven tops, because he gotta be like the same twenty six. So he's still a hopefully young fella can get a couple of get a couple of years stick, get an opportunity to get some playing time, because I've seen them. I've seen them, you know, have good games, just not consistent. I mean I'm seeing I think I started one game he had a triple double, had like twenty something. But playing at the pro level, being a starter, it's all about consistency.
Speaker 2: That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: Because any guy on a given any of those four hundred and fifty players on a given night, let me take that back, not the top let's just say the top seventy five players. We know what they can do. But the other two point fifty can give you hell on a given night. The problem is that you have be consistent like the other seventy five to top seventy five can. That's what separates. It's all about consistency. The restaurants that do the best bit, what are they consistent? The service, the quality of the food. Yeah, the hospitality, consistency, that's what it's all about. The volume