Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: If if that was on like at the you know, at the mall or something, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: All right, it was elevator music, I don't target or some ship. Yeah you're doing that? What was that? Was that?
Speaker 3: Most? Definitely saying that about Drake Yes, like he's like that's just like that's like, that's target music by Target Bay. I just heard him on some very weird, overtly like world music track that I was not feeling.
Speaker 1: He's look, he's had You're still out here cooking.
Speaker 2: He's now all of them are going to be hit.
Speaker 3: No, no, look, I'm I still hang on to black on both sides. He made that, and that you could be done after that. Bro, that's fucking goaded album.
Speaker 1: Are you my girlfriend? Because you see him by that?
Speaker 2: Is that something that from the Cold Open? We're not doing that. In fact, we're never doing another Cold Open again. It's canceled all Coldure.
Speaker 1: I don't need your all caps. Yikes. Okay it was bad when I.
Speaker 3: Mean, one note would have been like, are you looking at me because you've seen Bay? Yeah? They because you're seeing baye.
Speaker 1: Uh huh Okay. So I went and we can workshop it a little bit. That's been for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Actually lukewarm open, kind of sitting in a hot tub that doesn't work.
Speaker 3: A hot tub that you're like, should we be in here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The neighbors going to be mad?
Speaker 3: Why is it green? I just realized everything's green in here.
Speaker 1: You ever go underwater in a hot tub and then come out, you know, like I feel like, yeah, I feel like everything.
Speaker 2: Every I didn't have something before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly. I mean I used to do that. My eyes have chlamydia.
Speaker 2: Now I need to go straight into a doctor's lab.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you go.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. That's how you touch your gigs. You to a Vegas pool party and submerge, eyes open, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with men?
Speaker 1: But I saw it all. I saw it all. I've seen it all. I've seen everything. Button death, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four to twenty, episode three of DIRDALYSI guys. Yeah, it's a production of by Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness through the day's news. It's okay. We also have a new weekly history version of the show dropping each Monday Morning where we do a deep dive and do the history of a different icon we've done. Oh, I don't know, Miss Piggy with Jamie Loftus, Arnold Schwarzen Neeggorwoo, John Gabris, Santa with Blank Waxar. Look for the next episode coming on Monday. Yeah, episodes with Icon they're ever green.
Speaker 3: We can't use this crafton, will be the guest on that crafton, will be the guest crafton, will be Monday, if that way you According to.
Speaker 1: Plane, it's Wednesday, January seventh.
Speaker 3: Six Yeah, it's a National Bobblehead Day, National Tempora Day. Okay, I got a bibblehead on my desk.
Speaker 1: It's also just like a depressing day. It's like the the holidays are officially over. You know, you get all this yeah January sixth, excitement coming, and then it's over all over. January seventh. You're just taking back to square wary sixth presence, you know, figure out what the stuff that doesn't fit the swagon. I get it anyway.
Speaker 3: I look at the decorations right now, I still have up and I feel like weird about him.
Speaker 2: I thought you guys were talking about like January sixth as a national holiday. You were like, well, but the presence we exchanged, you know, like the weird head dresses.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, the pipe bombs, but they just like they explode glitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, like on each other's death.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's a secret stand of thing where it's like who ship on your desk? Get work?
Speaker 2: Uh, there's one like one big bird employee, and it's all white.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka. First grade was a great time. Second grade was a blast. Third grade I heard room or as about seem in and they had the white stuff baby. The DNA tested some Oh he had the white stuff baby. My friend Recess says, it's come uh that one, Chris Christy, I'magucci Mane on the you look confused. What's wrong you look? You look confused, babe ak. That tells an entire story, completely self sufficient, you know, no further explanation required. No.
Speaker 2: Every day I get more lesbian, I don't know, and.
Speaker 1: Every every day we regress.
Speaker 3: No, we were this is This was based off a thing when we were talking about like a conspiracy theory about Timothy shallow May being one of these rappers mass rappers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Miles was like, we used to have good, good conspiracy theories, and I was like, I don't know where you grew up, but in Dayton, Ohio we were we were talking about how the new kids on the block were discovered to have each other's semen in their butt. Yeah, or there's Richard here, gerbil thing there.
Speaker 2: Wait, that was Richard gear right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Richard Geer.
Speaker 2: I can't believe ruined his career.
Speaker 1: New Kids might have been a little bit specific.
Speaker 3: I didn't get new kids, so I did not get the I.
Speaker 1: Mean there was there was all they were in that family of like.
Speaker 2: People credit He's like making it happen.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I don't know if you've heard about that.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna find on the internet, because my cousin was on the road with them and he told.
Speaker 1: Me, fucking fat. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass. It's Miles Gray, my own person Jesse a snarkula because Olivia another confused face. I have to catch you up.
Speaker 3: I went to a white Elephant party and I received a microwavable and freezable Jesus plushy that you could use as like a heating pad or cooling pad. It's literally a depiction of Jesus.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: On let me get it. Hold Oh my god, yes, you need Jesse to make Jesse.
Speaker 3: Got to show up. Hold one second, let me go get Jesse.
Speaker 1: Jesse, Jesse's girl.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say nails and I don't know why, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know that's what it's about. Mary Magdalen. Oh Mary, Yeah, she was hot, right, choose hot, choose?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you ask, I need to ask if everyone was not fourteen from that time, there's Jesse nailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his heart stigmata.
Speaker 3: He's got heart stigmata. And anyway, we came home this white oven party and my kid was like, oh, new toy for me, and I was like, ah, bro, we don't really, We're not really, We're not Christian at all. So I was like, yeah, this is a Jesse doll. He goes, oh Jesse.
Speaker 1: Whenever Jesus he called it Jesse.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: You couldn't just like Jesus is okay, but Jesus, no one goes for Yeah, Jesus is.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like it's violent to be could you know I like Jesse though, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had Jesse's girl. Does his sash say like Mayor of Heaven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says never mind, God stop boy, it's a it's a Federal boob.
Speaker 1: Inspector Miles Rethur to be joined in our third one of our very favorite guests, so hilarious stand up comedian, writer, actor improviser. Can see her on Dropout TV catcher soon at Sketch First.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sketch Fest January.
Speaker 3: Fifty first Jokes too, Did I see you?
Speaker 2: Fifty first jokes? I have two monthly shows. Let's just do the plugs now and then I can leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's polonium. I forgot.
Speaker 2: I've been poisoning people.
Speaker 1: That what you said when Yeah, that's why you were out umbrella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the green is in your background right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like my camera keeps glitching out. It's like a myron meter is going wacky right now, keep peaking.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is.
Speaker 3: Fifty first jokes? Because I saw it happening in different cities.
Speaker 2: I saw one in another city. I thought, I don't know, I thought it was like an LA thing. But we there's fifty Worst Jokes and fifty First Jokes, and I'm on both this year, and it's fifty comedians telling their worst joke of twenty twenty five and that's pre New Year's and then fifty First Jokes is like your first joke, and it's supposed to be I remember we used to do it at Silver Lake Lounge and it was only comics and they were all like wasted, and Simon Gibson was running around like a town cry like it was very la comic community. And now it's at a different venue and there's an actual audience, and I'm like, this is less fun because we don't get to be idiots as much. But Brody Brody and Bab's Gray host it and they do really they're really funny, Like Babs Gray has like a soundboard, and you're the whole purpose of Worst Jokes is to like just have like just god awful bombs. So the audience booze you if it's funny.
Speaker 3: This lineup's great, Like I'm like, oh, it's all our friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 3: And Williams Otskoo, Babs Bet Stelling, Blair, Brent Winebob Brooks Wheeling who else do you know Elizah Skinner? Uh if he Jamel Jamel Johnson shout out, Yeah, it's really Carl has like Victory taking notes.
Speaker 1: These are we gotta get these people back on the show. Get that. That's a sick line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Maggie may ha ha. Look, Matt Broner, Michael's just a good lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty First I think is Jeremy Burke is hosting? But yeah, I think. I don't know what other cities do. But I did see clips from other cities.
Speaker 3: I saw one with Kyle Kanaane was just ripping like he was roasting people in Portland, and I was like, Oh, is this the vibe.
Speaker 2: Of the show that he just got on there for fun. He's just like, I don't know what the show is.
Speaker 1: He's an audience member.
Speaker 2: That's how he started his career. He still thinks he's an audience member.
Speaker 1: Paul V. We're thrilled to have here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. We're talking about the new and improved CBS Evening News in the tradition of Walter Cronkite and the other Dan rather Katie Kirk the other ones. We we've got a new CBS News that's uh, it's not your granddad's CBS News. Actually it kind of is, as long as your granddad loves Israel. But this is Barrie Wace's new version of news. Bar and it's sick. It's they it. We're gonna we're gonna get to watch it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to learn more about Erica Kirk's w w E tour.
Speaker 1: That's gonna we're gonna talk about. We're gonna play a little game called guess what Trump is talking about in this speech.
Speaker 3: I just got four images.
Speaker 2: It's like emojis, like translating emojis.
Speaker 3: Look you are you looking at the doc right now. I'll show you just quickly what I'm referencing. It's this image right here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's what he's talking about. That New Kids on the Block.
Speaker 2: That's me after a tequila shot.
Speaker 1: He's like, ah, there's two different images where it looks like he's one where it looks like he's jagging two people off and then another one where it looks like he's hungry for it, you know, he loves it. After after the jaging, we'll talk about and then of course we got to get to that Stranger Things finale. There's a lot of conspiracy theories going around.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't understand, but well we it'll be a spoiler free discussion, which is, yeah, it's gonna be if you haven't seen it, because we haven't seen it either.
Speaker 2: I do tell me what age they actually look like.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know, you don't want to be reminded.
Speaker 2: I think this is a.
Speaker 1: Cool idea, though I think oftentimes if true, this is a cool idea. I will say many times, once a story has been begun by you know, like a showrunner or something like that, you go to the Reddit fan threads. There's gonna be a lot of terrible ideas, but there's gonna be at least one good idea for how they should finish it that ends up being better than what the what the show runners J K Rally came up with.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about guest writer on Strangers.
Speaker 3: But was trans You're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: No, she views him as the hero.
Speaker 1: There's a much better Harry Potter ending in fan threads, and she came up with it was that he was actually a decoy for I forget who the character is, but like he wasn't the chosen one, and just like like, yeah, Harry Potter was just a decoy for I think it was long Bottom, never long Bottom. I was gonna say that, Yeah, it's like never long Bottom is never was the bottom is the chosen one. But they met, They're like, well, we'll give them a name that means long ass, you know, and just like the yeah, yeah, you're up.
Speaker 2: That little kid grew up to be hot and he's a hot dude.
Speaker 3: I remember that was like the one article. Yeah, okay, long Bottom, I see.
Speaker 1: You all that plenty more. But first, Paul V. We do like to ask our guests. Was something for research history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Okay, you watch ninety Day Fiance Miles. I watched a lot of reality as well. I was looking up I'm watching Real Housewives of Potomac and I looked up Angel Massey. She's one of the new housewives. There's nothing about her online. There is I can't find how old she is. They are like, I can't find anything. She's married to a former NFL player, and I can't find Okay, Yeah, I can't find any details about her, and I'm like, I just like, I just did a quick search yesterday and I'm like, but she's on a reality TV show. It said she was like a journalist. For I'm like, is that a different person? And like, so now I'm on this like I need to like hunt down information about this person who I'm emotionally invested in and wondering, like why she acts the way she.
Speaker 3: Said she's a journalist.
Speaker 2: It's like a quick Google search. Claimed that I couldn't find any.
Speaker 3: Producer order for B E, T and BT dot com host she spearheaded content idea. But I found her damn website what she lets it. It's called the angel Era dot com.
Speaker 2: But I can't find like, like any like a lot of things confirming.
Speaker 1: According to her.
Speaker 3: According to her, she's a ball in ass producer.
Speaker 2: Okay, And she also said she didn't get evicted, so we don't trust that bitch okay on the show angel Also, she catfishes, so that's not what she looked. That is not what she looks.
Speaker 1: Okay. Shout out at catfish anyways, but she catfish is the whole show.
Speaker 2: You know, on the show, it looks like if you look at pictures of her, that was the whole thing. She got called a catfish and she got told she was a vict. Like she picked up and left and how to move back to Colorado really quickly. So was like, oh my god, you got evicted, and she was like, don't you dare say that, but like she definitely got a victed, like something happened, you know, and and her catfish thing. Like they looked at an Instagram picture of her. None of our Instagram pictures of her look like how she looks like in real life. And so I feel kind of bad. I feel like she has like dysmorphia or something like those.
Speaker 1: Filters man, the filters can really do some Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey does she even put her favorite song the Far Side running?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: J Dillo Okay, but I do kind of She and her husband are like Colorado outdoors person people. Oh she has the own symbol, so that the person. Yeah, that is the person.
Speaker 1: So she had founder and guide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have like a big outdoorsy luxury tour thing. And I'm like I kind of want to, like I want to go with my girlfriends. I want to I want to like visit all the different like real I want to go to beauty bar in Salt Lake. I want to like go to the different like reality show business. I'm like, I want to visit their business and see how much she's just she's.
Speaker 3: Doing, which is like a Japanese.
Speaker 2: Back No, she's super into everything wants gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Ooh okay, I'm in my organizational erasion. I'm like, give me a little tub, like a little tub that I could put a little cover around. Give me like, give me a little bowl, give me, give me things. I'm like, that's all it is is people putting things in other things. And then it's modular. In l A, you need to evacuate because of a fire, you just pull a tub into your car. So I'm like I'm taking and I'm like obsessed with Instagram. I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 3: Like all of the people who are algorithmically addicted.
Speaker 2: Yes, with with people who are like they told me I can't paint this thing, so I'm gonna paint it. Like they're like they're like rebelling, but with home decor.
Speaker 3: Like my infant child. I know, I'm painting it rose color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they'll just be. And I also like it because it feeds that sustainability thing in me where I see like all this furniture tossed out and all this stuff, and like other people, I can watch other people go like pick it up, clean it and then make it something beautiful. And I'm like, that's beautiful that you have that time. If I if I find furniture that I'm going to use, like on the sidewalk, I clean it and then it's just in my.
Speaker 1: Partying it and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I look it makes me look it up and I'm like, oh, like if I had time to do that time and money, I would.
Speaker 3: Because it's pretty easy to like sand something down, give it a new code of paint, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have to you have to like go.
Speaker 2: Buy all this ship. I don't have storage for like yeah, like where am I going to paint it? Like I don't have rol, you know what I mean. So like I don't have the room or the capacity to do it. But it's really like satisfying to watch people live my dreams by like drawing.
Speaker 1: Yeah you a container, So like do you have stuff from the container store or what kind of tubs are we talking about.
Speaker 2: I get like, you know, like the big tubs that go like under, but I have a lot of pet stuff, so like I get like all different sizes, and I get like snack tubs, you know, like the tall ones with the air the seal for like their treats and things.
Speaker 3: And oh so you are really organized, Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I'm like, I literally for Christmas, I'm like, get me stuff from there because my boyfriend's mom used to work at the container store, so she's also like she got me like a little lazy suit. Yeah, yeah, yeah for my own cabinets and stuff. And I'm like it just I'm like, that's all those really like organized, like those really like beautiful esthetically please they're just like hiding ship in their closets, but in tough what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They're like for every clean home, you know, like when you you see there's a room or a closet that looks like ship was just throwing chaotically to make.
Speaker 2: Electronic storage for sure. Oh have you guys seen like the people who like free clean hoarders homes.
Speaker 1: And stuff that is also like get something out of it.
Speaker 3: They're just like that, do they love like or like I've seen people who just like go into like a gas station restroom. I'm about to bust that.
Speaker 2: Lady is weird. There's one lady who I'm like good for them, but like I like when they do it, like the public cleanings, because I'm like good for them. They're doing it, They're making the world better. And then there's like people who like unclogged drains in like streets, and then it just like it's so satisfying to watch what if the government worked? Like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: There's an Australian drain cleaning guy on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yes I think that's the guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, where it's just like his first person point point of view and he's like all right, this one he's just.
Speaker 2: Chol And they make money off of the like content or whatever, so that's why they can like freak clean and then they do little sponsor like cleaning whatever. There was one lady who got into a controversy because she cleaned like a tombstone and like used products that could damage it and like didn't ask permission, so she was just putting this Randos tombstone online I'm sorry I called a dead person a rando.
Speaker 1: But like random, oh my god, sorry, Random millennial under rand that you bring in a dead body.
Speaker 3: Random said, no plus ones bringing randos through?
Speaker 1: What is some things overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Uh? Well, right now I'm fucking having problems with pet insurance, which I always advise people to get, but like they're getting nastier than like people insurance. Of course they're like, no, we're not gonna I'm like, why the fuck am I paying?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 2: Like everything I have to fight you on, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm figuring it out.
Speaker 2: I'm like no, I mean a thousand percent. But I'm like, do we need like a dog Luigi, Like what's gonna Yeah, I'm assuming there's like a dog ceo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what breed would the dog CEO be? Oh?
Speaker 2: Definitely a German shepherd? Those are cop dogs.
Speaker 1: German shepherd and a turtleneck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like I hate to say, it's like a wine reiner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I remember.
Speaker 3: Perfect remember all that William Wegman photography from the eighties where he was just like putting wine whiners in dumbass outfits.
Speaker 2: I'm like like that too, like where they have they're like they are like alpine skiers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's but the the there's like a tragic backstory. When I look at an old racing dog, though, I'm.
Speaker 2: Always like, oh, I'm talking about the ones that look like they've never raced in their life, you know, like they like wear poofy coats and they walk away. They're like the fancy lady from Oliver and Company, that fancy dog.
Speaker 3: That's like, why should I worry? Why should I care?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just talking a picture of a tweet like from Eric. Yeah, that's these dogs are the villains in a movie where a Golden Retriever wins the snowboarding tournament.
Speaker 2: That's literally the picture I had in my head.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, that's amazing. All right, Well I think we I think we did it. I think you nailed it.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank god, big dog, Thank thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank Jesse.
Speaker 1: Think the big dog upstairs. That is what I call Jesse. Jesse, Hey the big dog upstairs. Man, you've been saved by the big dog upstairs. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about the news, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I talk about your voice, because you've been doing this little voice and I'm like, we're no, it's your Yeah, that's what like men sound like as they age, that's what you're gonna sound like.
Speaker 1: And like, oh no, I was trying to sound like a little boy who was like sad about going through p.
Speaker 2: I know like that. It sounds like radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, deep dive in America share consci Yeah that's who I had since you guy, we are literally going to talk about the news though, because CBS Evening News the takeover the only news I watch. Takeover has happened. Now very Vice has taken over CBS News, and you know she spiked that sixty minute story Miles. Did you notice that story over the break?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was like the one about ice or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were and then then then it got leaked. Sixty minutes did a deep dive into like one of the I think Venezuela in prisons where people salvadoran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Salvador salvadorn okay, mixing up South American countries. We're fucking with South.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, sorry, one of the two. I don't know. And yeah, it was harrowing, really fucked up sixty minutes, like reported it for six months, got like got it through legal and then she did you see the term they kept using didn't describe it. She spiked it. Remember when I used to use that term? He goes. You and Anna Josy were like, what the fuck are you talking about? Spike the story? I spiked them. Yeah, where she wouldn't let it come out, and she claimed that it was because this story doesn't move the football forward, oh something for the administration.
Speaker 2: That is insane.
Speaker 1: She was like, people already have reported this once before. Meanwhile, you like shut down CBS for a whole weekend to promote fucking her Erica Kirk interview, where she did ask the same questions that she's been asked three thousand times already on Fox.
Speaker 2: News, Right, Sorr, I'm gonna need I'm sorry, I'm gonna need a closer up of Erica's dead eyes. Can we just zoom in on those.
Speaker 3: Cuts that people were doing, like her eyes when she's like turns it on and you're like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a TikTok trend of like an acting trend of like actors like go from loving someone to hating them without moving your face and It's like Erica Kirk's face the entire time as soon as they mentioned Candice Owens and then it changed and I was like, oh my god, yeah, oh wow, it was like so creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what they first It was the first step I saw the thing where Tony Dekoppel was like, worry, this is not news anymore.
Speaker 1: So Tony de Coppel, the only way I knew him is he was the one who was like trying to fuck with kinda has he coached about Israel during that CBS Morning's interview. Yeah, he was like doing a bad job just being like come, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well he was like, there's stuff in your book that would be found in an extremist backpack. And he's like, oh so they're not extremists then, are they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he stayed on point. He was like, he was great.
Speaker 3: I saw an interview with him talking about it after the fact and he's like, I didn't think it was going to turn into that.
Speaker 1: But he's like the thing.
Speaker 3: Luckily, because I am a learned person, I've done the research and I know what I'm talking about. So when someone wants to come in with these flimsy ass talking points like we can do.
Speaker 1: That both of the So this he was given the role because he he loved Israel. He's been given the role as the new CBS evening news anchor again, a position like held by Walter Cronkite, the most famous news anchor maybe of all time. And he so people were like, I don't know, man, you got big shoes to fill. And he said, I'm going to be more accountable and more transparent than Walter Cronkite. So he's like, you think Kronkite was good, dude, sucks more like gobshite. Are you serious, dude?
Speaker 2: I'm reading about his personal life. He has two children of his first wife and they all they live in Israel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was that warmed Barie Weiss's heart because obviously the Ellisons are also like Zionists, and they're like, hey, how do we like completely just like contort our coverage to sort of be this way, and she's like, okay, first we're going to elevate Tony de Koppel, the most uninteresting news anchor of all time.
Speaker 2: I think she did that because of the ton of Yeah, it's like the girl who got her fucking trans ta fired and now it's like anyone who causes harm to like people trying to a national selection?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did that ta end up getting fired?
Speaker 2: Remember wrests review of it.
Speaker 1: But I like this quote from an independent article about it. They said many staffers at CBS News are not thrilled with editor in chief Barry Weist tapping Tony Dekoppel as the next anchor of the network's flagship nightly news broadcast, describing the CBS morning host as a quote mediocre, straight white man who only got the job because his views aligned with wisness. Anyways, he had his chance to shut everybody the full up. Okay, how are we pronouncing his name to copaha?
Speaker 2: But I'm also thrown I thought it was Barry Weiss.
Speaker 1: Is that okay, Barry Barrie?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just refused to pronounce your name correctly.
Speaker 2: Also, I thought it was lesbian sellout. That's how you pronounced it. She's like, no, we're not like the other conservatives.
Speaker 1: So in this, in this interview or in this it's not an interview, by the way, an interview would be understandable if he was like thrown off his game or something like that. We already saw that he can't really hang in one of those in this opening to the broadcast, which involves reading what's on the prompter, he fucks up so bad he like it. Really, it's reminding me of the moments in a body switching comedy, like right after the kid who doesn't know what the photo into the body of the adult, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just being like what Jambie of the curse? I don't know how to play guitar. Okay, here's Tony Kakopple just launching hard, launching the new CBS name.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to also just like pay attention to how he's doing before he sucks up, Like, look at how body language look He liked in a weird way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's as if they put like a photo of his mother in a bathing suit, like on the teleprion.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Hold on, where's the this is confused mimosphere.
Speaker 5: With Maduro now out, that base of power and influence could be out too, all right to other news, as you just heard from Jill.
Speaker 1: Well to other news.
Speaker 5: Now to Governor Walls, No, we're gonna do Mark Kelly, Mark Kelly gra first day, big problems here, Uh what are.
Speaker 1: We going to Kelly? Here are we going to go Mark Kelly, it's just picture.
Speaker 5: Or Kelly possibly demoted from his retire He found the problem in the Navy. Hesat issued what's known as a letter of censure for the Arizona Democrat over his participation in a video that called on service members to define called act of Edition.
Speaker 1: Now we go to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Now we go and then look at this like photo of Tim Walls to like he's disheveled. I'm like, oh, you're doing the full Fox News thing now. It's like if it's a Democrat, like the Mark Kelly, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to Kelly, We're going to yeah, yeah, the photos of Mark. Because there's five photos of Mark Kelly up there.
Speaker 2: What did he say? Like big problems here? What was the first first day problem?
Speaker 3: Like we know, so this is in the first episode of this show. I think people are fucking with you inside the show, probably by.
Speaker 1: You're the fuck up, You're you're fucking this up? It really I don't know. Everything that they've done since she took over has felt like true, like a they like an eighties movie where they put a school morning announcement crew in charge of CBS News or something like everything sucks so bad, it's so good because.
Speaker 3: The thing the guiding principle isn't journalistic integrity, it's are you malleable enough ideologically or rather you have no like ideological sort of standards yourself that you'll say anything on air and just be a mouthpiece for propaganda. And that's pert Wait.
Speaker 2: I just heard on like watching I saw like Hassan Piker talk about like there's like this old joke of like CIA like talking to the KGB and they're like, hey, we love your propaganda. And the KGB is like, oh, we love your propaganda. And the CIA agent's like what propaganda because they're like, so propaganda and that's what this like all feels like. It's like it's it's so crazy that they're like it's working. Like it's like they've CBS is even their fucking sitcoms are like this Indian dude playing an Afghani guy thanking a soldier for killing his family, Like, yeah, it's finally come to fruition with the news at least.
Speaker 1: All right, onto this new game we're playing called guess what Trump is talking about in this speech.
Speaker 3: I can't don't read the text of what I've written, but just look at these four images, folks, He's I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.
Speaker 1: He is going through a full space.
Speaker 2: I think he's describing the plot of Marty Supreme.
Speaker 3: So this was from a policy retreat at the Kennedy Trump Center or whatever the fuck it is now, and he was talking about the legislative focus for midterms, and this isn't this clip isn't exactly what he's talking about. I just want to get this part out because he said something during this thing that absolutely blew these lawmakers out of their chairs. When he was like, you guys, we got to be flexible on the High Amendment, which is the amendment that creates restrictions against federal funds going to Obamacare funded healthcare plans covering abortion. So he's telling he's like, he's like, look y'all, we gotta we gotta let this shit go, like or we're gonna get fucking cooked. I'm like, damn he some is he actually hearing some of the actual numbers and reacting to them.
Speaker 2: The people that just has like a mistress somewhere, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The anti choice people like we are we've been abandoned, and if Trump goes through with this, they will surely lose in November. But this image specifically is like right before that, he goes on to talk about how I guess I would even say, just listen, I will I'll give you a context. He basically is like, Milannia won't let me dance.
Speaker 2: This is about.
Speaker 1: I want to be more effusive. I want to really Yeah what she gets it?
Speaker 2: And my wife, by the way.
Speaker 3: No, there was like a jump cut there, but like it was just he like exhausted himself from just those light movies, like, okay, where was I Milagna.
Speaker 1: Hates when I do this.
Speaker 2: My wife said here, she's a.
Speaker 1: She hasn't talked to so unpresidential. I believe this though, but I did become president. She hates when I dance. She hates when she said, everybody wants.
Speaker 2: Me to darling, it's not presidential.
Speaker 1: That's his impression of his Could you imagine FDR dancing? She said that to me, Oh, because he had polio?
Speaker 2: But what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: But that's just how like she lacks total knowledge of history. So she goes, could you, uh, the like, FDR? Who should I compare you to? Yes, FDR? Do you know he had polio? I don't think he was. I mean he might Wait do you think do you.
Speaker 2: Think Milania's double actually told him that or that it was just he was making this up for the crowd.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I feel like Malania's doubles coming in, she's a Cia plant. They're just like, we need this motherfucker to stop dancing. It's incredibility. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, that was That's how his brain goes through. I'm dancing and my wife doesn't like it, and then I'm.
Speaker 1: Seventy nine.
Speaker 2: You must be hospitalized again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need another you need to ace an their cognitive exactly what I mean. He seems like he's out of his fucking mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I mean like with all the ship with Venezuela to You're just like this truly is like I don't even you don't even know what his ideas are anymore, like he because I don't believe in his capacity to like have a real idea more like that he's able to be talked into ship and luckily just wanted just.
Speaker 1: Like that for a while. Yeah, he's always like silly faces and just being like like I.
Speaker 2: Liked Trump's first album.
Speaker 1: I know that's when he was real. That's when he when he wore the leather. When he's in that crowd.
Speaker 2: Come on, all right, do we know who's running Venezuela yet?
Speaker 1: Trump did say recently, well.
Speaker 2: They keep saying Miles. Yeah, they keep saying like, well we're they The more people ask like who is the go to person, the more they avoid it, like Marco Rubio, Like they don't say, like who in our administration is? They'll just royal, you know.
Speaker 3: But he's also said he's like, it could be Rubio, gild be Stephen Miller. And then he's like, but ultimately it lies with me. So he said those names and then just came back to Trump, He's like, and it's all me. But while that's happening on the American side and the US, we continue the sharad of freedom making, despite how out in the open the intentions of Trump are oil and rare earth.
Speaker 2: When he almost died of COVID mmm, I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there again.
Speaker 3: They he still does trying to figure out like who do we award puppet president to? And that has been the big thing. And we talked recently about how the Nobel Peace Prize winner Maria Karina Machado basically sealed her fate by not immediately handing over her prize to Trump. But despite all that talk of how she's in no way close to getting the endorsement, she hasn't stopped trying. And she recently went on Hannity basically and Handity like soft baldy to be like, all right, girl, I'm gonna give you a shot. Okay, let's do it. I'm gonna ask you you think you're gonna give this signal Trump?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: And her answer is just kind of like, can't fully be like, oh, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: She's like, you know, kind of won right.
Speaker 3: Did you want any point offer to give him the Nobel Peace Prize that that actually happened.
Speaker 2: I had read that somewhere.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure if it was true.
Speaker 6: Well, it hasn't happened yet, but I certainly would uh love to to be able to personally tell him that we believe the Venison people because it's a surprise of Avanisan people. Certainly want to give it to him and share it with him what has he has done? As I said, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: He'd be I'm sure that'd be just as good. He'd be cool to he loves sharing, he loves.
Speaker 2: Even Like there's how like I don't like, does he just want the trophy?
Speaker 1: Like yes, yeah, literally, So then why.
Speaker 2: Doesn't she just give him the trophy?
Speaker 3: I not understand you could you could have all your dreams because.
Speaker 1: Idiot, they're all so dumb.
Speaker 3: I mean, and she's done everything, you know, like she told Trump, She's like, dude, come through, dude, take all of our oil and ship. Dude, it's all good. We love that kind of liberation. Give me a toy. I want your toy. Give me your toy. But again, like this is just becoming more and more clear that this is just a greedy, oligarchical oil grab because now Trump is saying that American taxpayers could foot the bill for oil companies, like they're revamping of Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this's gonna pay for the US running we are oh we.
Speaker 3: Are not from your own like what presuming this happens, right, So, this is what Trump is saying, quote, a tremendous amount of money will have to be spent, and the oil companies will spend it and then they'll get reimbursed by US or through revenue. And right now, the energy Secretary Chris Wright. He's like apparently gonna meet with the representatives of Chevron, Conico, Phillips, Exceon Mobile, and the Golden Sacks Energy, Clean Tech and Utilities Conference at the Golden Sacks Energy Conference in Miami this week, So they're fully gonna get all the fucking gas and oil lobby goons together and be like, hey, you wanna fucking carve this thing up?
Speaker 1: All right, let's see.
Speaker 3: If you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, I was gonna save this for the media thing later. But there's this tweet that I saw that's at Strike Underscore dr and I think it's a screenshot of somebody else's meme, but it's like a person scratching their hair because they have like Dan Druss, and it's like I have oily hair. And then it's just a bunch of like US soldiers planting their f in the person's hair.
Speaker 1: Actual Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean this it's just so transparent, And like you see people like Paul Singer, who's a billionaire who gives a ton of money to Trump. He's like he's I think he bought Conico Phillips at a cut rate because of the embargoes and sanctions against Venezuela, and he stands to make so much money. Like this is all purely about these guys setting themselves up to like secure a fortune in a post Trump America, Like is it? What the fuck is what are they thinking? Like they're not thinking about right now. These people are trying to line their pockets as quickly as fucking possible before the fucking clock runs out.
Speaker 2: I literally I'm like, I'm so surprised they haven't found a way to just turn like find get a machine that's like a human meat grinder into gold. Yet, Like that's literally like all they've been doing. He said that he told the oil companies before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were It's funny too because they were like, no, he didn't tell us before. That's where I'm like, I'm having a hard time believing, Like the oil companies like that we didn't know, we didn't hear.
Speaker 2: I mean they're usually so honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I mean they were so honest about climate change from them.
Speaker 2: I'm just buying a bunch of extra don dish so to try to do what I can to.
Speaker 1: Put on a poor done.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm wash my hair with to keep the US while out. He's like, yeah, but you're by shit is real fucking dry. It actually creates more danger because my scalp is so dried up. But yeah, I mean like somehow we've become like a more grotesque nation. I mean, like aside from the legality and the lawlessness of it all, Like this is putting a huge target on America's back. And like Scandinavian countries are already making proclamations. They're like, bro, if they try to pull up on Greenland, like we will defend the Danish homies, like Sweden stands with you, Finland stands with you. Denmark is basically saying if they come for Greenland, that is the end of fucking NATO, Like that, what the fuck are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Like you're gonna we're over here.
Speaker 2: Like okay, but we also stand with you. Get us out, like please, yeah, stop someone invade us? Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, like even for all the talk of like we're running it now, it's like none of this is going to be easy, you know, like there's no one is like, oh my god, we're so ready to embrace this Trump regime. At best, Trump cans out and moves on because of like the global pressure and acts like nothing happened, and at worst, all these freaks that are in his ear looking for a way to line their pockets, like we'll get him to actually trade blows with allies or something. It's it's not like not a good menu of options right now.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it seems bad. It seems bad over yeah, yeah, yeah, it's no, no, it's no. Let's uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about Stranger Things and we're back. And we're back and we're back. We're back, We're back, and we we we can look forward to a lot more comedy from me as I descend into dementia, go deeper. So Stranger Things to the people, Girl, beautiful Girl dancers, people with no New Year's Eve plans were were treated to the series finalees Stranger Things dropped on December thirty. First, it did knock Netflix offline for a minute, because they really do that. They do it every single time, like they could have fixed it five times ago. But they they love it when people are like, oh my god, Netflix crashed just as it hits one am.
Speaker 2: Of course, did you guys, did you guys see when that happened with the like the Love Is Blind reunion they did it live. That shit was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes they just fuck up jenuinely, like whenever they tried to do live sports and it's like, uh, this has been frozen for five minutes.
Speaker 2: It's because they've been like they've been uh pigeon sending like DVD's back and forth to like update the computers in their little envelopes.
Speaker 3: They're like, fuck, that was a man, did you we missed the We didn't we talk about that?
Speaker 1: Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: Shattered that meme was so great?
Speaker 1: Oh man, just when it was a.
Speaker 3: Good knockout too. It was satisfying. But that guy Anthony Josh was in a terrible car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really sad. Like a week later, it's like we can't even have one like thing, like it has to be ruined. Did Jake Paul put the hit out? Like what happened?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But anyway you would know you're the assassin policy and tell us how would you have done it? Would you take?
Speaker 3: Don't act like you don't know? Does he?
Speaker 2: I learned from the Diddy documentary Okay, how to kill people.
Speaker 1: The biography.
Speaker 2: Are like, what medium would you recommend?
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh O J.
Speaker 2: Simpsons.
Speaker 1: So they did drop it in movie theaters, which is giving me some It's weird. So they keep doing this. They will put their like films out or like an episode of their shows out in movie theaters. It will do well, like this one apparently made twenty five and between twenty five and thirty million dollars, but they like won't report it, like they don't want to admit that they're doing well in theaters because they want theaters to be dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, This is like me with the gym. I'm like, yeah, I'm feeling better whatever, Like it's.
Speaker 3: Fine, right, right, isn't it good?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: Kind of over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually I think I should try eating ice cream again.
Speaker 3: I think that's so happy.
Speaker 1: That's the first time. Maybe, yeah, that you're ready? So the finale itself, Miles, you watched it, Paul, Are you a stranger thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I was a stranger thing and then there were like too many Zionists. So I'm like building myself back up to watch the last.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? And snap of it all.
Speaker 2: I have to get my head out of that aspect. I was just like sick of it.
Speaker 3: No, I was definitely having visceral reactions to seeing Brett Gilman like all the times, fucking insane Gilman. But yeah, the finale was I don't know for me, like I think it kind of because they go they this isn't a spoiler, like obviously throughout they're gonna have like little flashbacks where you see like season one, and that's when I was like, it was if they could have just gotten more seasons out of like maybe three years out of these kids' lives, I would have been more on board. Like the aging with them thing. I just did was not feeling it as much. But again, how about.
Speaker 2: There was like a meme of like Millie Bobby Brown looking confused but like her lips were pursed in like.
Speaker 3: Such as also like the Bummer two, like because she got all this botox and shit done and like you're you're such a young pop botox done?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, her face?
Speaker 2: Do you not see her face?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I haven't watched it since season one.
Speaker 3: There's so many memes where it's just for like face and they're saying like they're putting some dramas dialogue capture yeah.
Speaker 2: And her literally yeah, And that was also.
Speaker 3: A bummer two to watch because I'm like, damn, man, look at these this, like look what show business did to these like young people too. I'm like, ah, fuck, what is this?
Speaker 1: They know?
Speaker 2: It's also like I that's also becoming more and more true for me, and like just watching anything is like if it's a person who has like a lot of work done, like too much or very obvious or poor plastic surgeon, it takes me out of it. I'm like I missed fucking the nineties where there were like character actors who look fucked up and I loved them.
Speaker 1: It's not even look just normal people like again, like a person that is an age, Yeah you know.
Speaker 3: It's also like every dude has to be ripped and every like every female lead needs to be so full fucking strike yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 2: But like that's the other thing is like the guys, like I can't tell as much when they've had stuff done, Like sometimes you can, but it's not as frequent, but they have to be like insanely ripped, which you could be like like okay, you can achieve that naturally or whatever. But with like the women, it's like so disheartening because I'm like, you don't look like a person anymore.
Speaker 1: Wait are the little boys that were in season one? Are they ripped? Now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no, it's absolutely not ripped, Absolutely not ripped at all.
Speaker 7: Absolutely Why these little stringy arm kids are going to defeat fucking venor Bro I think so.
Speaker 1: So the finale itself has proven to be a bit divisive people.
Speaker 2: The one where it looks like the Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Song Yeah, a little bit, yeah, I think Wait, which one are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like the Lincoln Park music video they have like they'll have like three images of stranger things in there. It's like fire. And then there's like the Lincoln Park music video as well.
Speaker 3: God, okay, oh I've seen people. Yes, yes, yes, yes, this is the one we're talking about.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the finale. So people wrap rather than just be despondent, depressed that the show's over, disappointed, as has there been a mystery box type show like this where it's like set set up fourteen different really intriguing, difficult to answer mysteries, and then like Nailed, where they've like landed the plane on all like in a way that people were like, yeah, it was actually they fucking nailed it because they didn't have lost.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen with How I Met Your Mother.
Speaker 1: The Ultimate Mystery Box Show.
Speaker 2: So many loose pissed me off. And that's how you're saying gravity falls did it? Well, I've things about gravity falls.
Speaker 1: We'll take your word for it. So people are taking this well, I'm sure that they're there. So they've gotten instead of getting depressed, they've gotten busy. They've come to they've come through with the what they're calling the conformity Gate theory, which claims that the so called last episode actually ended in a fake reality constructed by the villainous vena.
Speaker 2: Ah, who, like Crampis did the movie. We all know the ending of cram Yeah, where they all and they think they're fine, but spoiler, spoiler spoiler, they're all in like a Christmas snow globe at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh they are. That's the end of Saint Elsewhere, Right. Isn't that like a famous TV show ending where the kid like the whole movie was like taking place in the mind of a child looking at a snow Globe the most famous movie of all time.
Speaker 3: That is such apt dude, it was just a snow globe when they did that.
Speaker 1: In one episode of Saved by the Bell was Zach and the Rippers. Yeah, it was like, dude, Zach's famous. Now this show is going to be awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was like the one series when Colin Hanks in Dexter was like the main bad guy and he was just like hallucinating like the other bad guy, Like, what's the feeling this long back? Dude, This guy was hallucinating the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that not toys b Ig song. It was all the dream. Yeah, it was like this whole album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Word Up Magazine was a dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I used to hold damn thing. Maybe we're all part of his dream. Oh my god. So Netflix has teased a big announcement today January seventh, and so conformity Gators, not the like crocodile gator, but like we're calling them conformity gate are claiming that you guys were picturing you guys were picturing conformist alligators.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I had to clear it, like these fucking alligators clo gators full sick of Later there you go, gator.
Speaker 1: So they're the conformitigators are claiming that the real episode will drop today, which I think that would be fucking cool.
Speaker 2: That's why I think it's not gonna happen exactly.
Speaker 1: But like that that is using the Netflix of it all to your advantage, where you're like, we can drop a new episode anytime, and like we can claim that like this is a thing that you know, is all all done, and then it's like, psych there's a twist that is this whole extra hour that we're dropping on you. Like that would be so cool.
Speaker 2: Because Netflix also did WWE raw yesterday and it was Stranger Things themed, But I'm like, but.
Speaker 1: It's after the release, like whatever, you idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they had like the whole setup, and they had every match was like chapter one the blank versus the blank, you know, so they set it up like Stranger Things. But I was like, but didn't everybody who wanted to see it already watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, sure, Well you got to get people to keep up. We got we got some clues here, which usually not a sign of a real world conspiracy because they don't usually leave you clues. But if they were doing a TV.
Speaker 2: I did it. If I were to do a team I wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: Here's how I do it if I show ran it. So one shot of D and D dice add up to forty three.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, not fucking numerology.
Speaker 1: So it's pretty I thought I thought it was bad at first, but look, okay, it ended on the forty second episode, so they that could be this is the forty third where we've got the forty third coming out. Not convinced, Not convinced. Probably a row of books kind of spells out X a lie hitting at the scenes in the Dimension X reality were a lie. Oh okay, still not convinced. Some people pointed out the prevalence of exit signs were a clue that the reality was fake. Oh m hmm, just like so in the Truman Show, if you'll remember, right, there's like also in most public spaces that adhere to fire codes.
Speaker 4: But people were like, it's like my high school, right, Okay, yeah, okay, there was a continuity error.
Speaker 1: A handle changed colors.
Speaker 3: So they had a lot of Starbucks had a Starbucks Starbucks cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how they told you. They clue you in that season was.
Speaker 8: Gonna say it dude, Yeah, the copyright thing is also that is the right thing is a copy right.
Speaker 1: This is where they lose me. So I'm on board with Like, if they do drop a new episode like that, I would think those are great, like very subtle clues to throw in their room forty two forty three stuff a TikTok. He is arguing that the final three episodes were not legally registered by Netflix, which people are like, so that proves did anyone.
Speaker 2: Check on the TikToker the validity of what the TikToker said?
Speaker 1: Nope? Oh no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I trust user at Freaky Stranger Things upside downer uh to really to really crack the case.
Speaker 1: But like, why would they not register that. It's not like you would have a different legal status for an episode, true, why would you? Why would you have a different legal status for episodes that were like a misdirect.
Speaker 2: Told me that there they had listed more episodes, but then take it away. So I think there's probably gonna be.
Speaker 3: Another that would actually be a good clue. Just be like me when you watch and go, man, get the fuck out of here, what's the show ends? And then just turn it off and go on with your life rather than be like it couldn't have.
Speaker 1: Been an l like that.
Speaker 2: I can't not invested in anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I got Lord of the Rings and then I was satisfied.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I got the one thing I cared about and then now I'm done. Carry all right.
Speaker 1: Victor has some cold water to dump on this as a stranger thaying as their fans are known, he said, these conspiracy theoris are dismissing some horrible interviewers from the creators of the show. One big thing in the finale is that there were no scary monsters protecting Vekna and oh shit, this is these are spoilers, but kind anyways, Basically they responded that like they're throwing shit out. That is, it reminds you of like Denaris forgetting about the Iron Fleet at the end of It's just like no, the creators were just like, I don't know, man, let's just like get this over.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't he wouldn't have predicted it, but he's all knowing in these sure man, whatever, dude, get you checking it out of here. Thanks, thanks the memories, Thanks for the memory.
Speaker 1: The stranger thing is I'm just saying it would be cool because it's a show predicated on validating unhinged conspiracy theories, like it's based on the mon Talk Project conspiracy theory, and so if they did like make it so that these conspiracy theories, like they they left a tiny little trail of breadcrumbs.
Speaker 3: For people, I so happy. It would be dope if they basically Kendrick Lamar do you and they dropped this other episode and it was just.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh no, they dropped again, but.
Speaker 3: That's too hip hop, that's too hip hop's but that would be the.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, the strangest thing is thinking that they were that thoughtful. I think that's the strangest things.
Speaker 1: Point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to Victor's point, it's like, bro, they don't they were not thinking.
Speaker 2: Maybe the stranger thing was the frustration we built along.
Speaker 1: The way, Paul, we're going out on me, Well, where can people find you? Follow you?
Speaker 2: Laugh at you like they just did us a sketch fest in a week and a half. Seven Games in the Bodies is my improv group. It's all South Asian. Then we have Social Recognition Comedy the same day and that's stand up South Asian Middle Eastern North African. The lineups are out, the tickets are up. Please buy ticket. My my, my, zeit gang. Listen. You guys come to they shows in other cities, and I love you so much.
Speaker 3: San Francisco is active with that gang. Every time I'm up there, they show gang community is active.
Speaker 2: So great. Also, more I feel like, I don't know what your numbers are, but more of my friends are like, I've been listening to you. I've been listening to you on this pod.
Speaker 1: Our numbers are not good. The listeners have been showing up well yeah, and now show up in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then a few days before that in La. My show with my friends that's based on being very online is on the fourteenth at the Allegion is called Second Streams Comedy. You were encouraged to be on your phone or Yeah, we're gonna do a little online bits. We're gonna have amazing stand ups. I'm very excited. And then fash wreck in La on the twenty third at ten pm at the Comedy Store.
Speaker 1: We gotta go live again, Miles. This is this is all making me realize we got to do another. Like I was just thinking about that. It's been it's been No, it's been six years. Six years.
Speaker 3: Remember our last show was in Toronto on at the end of February.
Speaker 2: And you guys twenty super spreader event.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Yeah, we caused COVID. That's why stopped doing in a lack government, stop ciphering a blunt on the streets of Toronto with twenty people. That was Toronto was have you been to.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, actually, but I really.
Speaker 1: Toronto man heavy, oh, tool heavy, tools, crow Ski amazing. Is there a work a media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I don't know how I missed the boat on this, but I hadn't. I guess I didn't. I wasn't familiar with his game, but I knew Guillermo del Toro was amazing and I've seen some of his but didn't realize it was his stuff. I fucking loved Frankenstein. I'm like, now I want to go on a Del Toro, like like, I want to watch all of his ship.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, let me see you fuck that fish man. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You know you see that one.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that. I've made all the jokes about it, but I never saw it. I know, I heard it's really good, Like I love and all the things he's saying in real life about like AI and like how he takes inspiration from people that he respects, like just all of it, his whole tour and like everything he's been doing. I'm like, I fuck with you. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to think about my favorite my favorite Del Toro. A question you didn't ask me would have to be Nightmare Alley. I like to Nightmare Alley more than I think most people. A little weird. I'm a little twisted. I haven't seen specific rim for me. Dogs is that him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's it again.
Speaker 2: We all start if you see fucking what is this?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Peter Peter Peter Jackson jack He did this fucking crazy movie in like nineteen ninety one that was insane, Like they all start out doing like it's really fun to watch their first like very camp. Is it Dead Alive?
Speaker 1: It was like some yeah Dead Alive? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like I remember watching it in college and being like this is crazy. I can't believe he made both of these movies. But it's fun to watch your favorite director's like earliest works, especially if they're not like people.
Speaker 1: Oh of course Palms Labyrinth, he made it. That's a classic. Yeah, amazing miles. Where can people find you as their work in India you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. Please tap into the new soccer podcast that I'm doing with Jamel Johnson and Chris Martin called Ain't It Footy, where we discuss our favorite team, Arsenal Football Club and the goings on of the English Premier League and other soccer issues.
Speaker 1: Broad of having a moment right now, Arsenal. It's kind of clear the.
Speaker 2: More popular in the US because like Zorn's been pushing.
Speaker 3: A soccer Soron's a big Arsenal fan. Look, we're going after some big Arsenal fans, will it be?
Speaker 1: I have on that show before.
Speaker 2: He's like and then he's like inspecting, He's like, oh what, like, why does your landlord paint over this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It just gets you evicted?
Speaker 2: Do it in l A, I do it.
Speaker 1: I test your tap water really quick. Yeah that's not good.
Speaker 3: Check that out, give it, give it a subscribe if you will, or a rating if you like, But no, no pressure.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, just do it.
Speaker 3: We haven't.
Speaker 1: We haven't asked people to do that since before the pandemic. Yeah, you and rate our show.
Speaker 3: It is also important. I think it's hard to remember.
Speaker 2: See now I'm realizing why the numbers are.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about how not sentimentally are we like miss all these milestone episodes because we're just so in the just the flow of doing a show every.
Speaker 2: Day that yeah, it's like a daily thing. It's like hard to celebrate when it's like every fucking day. But you should throw throw a party. What's the Anima coming party?
Speaker 3: Twenty one hundred we can drink yeah, yeah, times one hundred.
Speaker 1: All right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brien on Blue Sky, Jack ob one On on Instagram at Jack Underscore, Oh underscore, Brian.
Speaker 2: Fucking stop it. Let me have the most generic name, but also all difference.
Speaker 1: I know, well because everybody my name is very common with the Irish, as you know. I like to tweet from John Atridge who said, seeing the guy next to me reading a novel, you know, none of that happened, right, And then I liked Eden Grangers pitch for Tinder, but for nearby people that have a printer you can use.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's that's all we need. We don't need all these printers and printer. Yeah, it's called printer with tr printer Matt, Yeah, yeah, pr and t R. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeigeist, also on Blue Sky at Daily Zeke the Daily Seicist. On Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listenstening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnote where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the new track from asapp Rocky punk rocky.
Speaker 2: Track.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, Nona Ryder is in the video. Many people in the comments of that are like, damn, she's more than she is in Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: True, true, that it's dope, it's not it's not like kind of the straightforward rap that he does. There are people Brian the editor was saying, potentially like Danny Elfman may have collaborated with him on the music. Oh, it says no, absolutely, it says his sometime collaborator Danny Elfman contributed to string arrangements. So what a what a weird album is gonna be? It's gonna be dope, like the album that's coming out. There's like Jessica Pratt is on a track. There's a lot of interesting stuff. So check it out.
Speaker 2: To it as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he was also even in if I had likes, I would kick you, yeah, as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: As soon as possible, Rocky. All right, well, we will link off to that in the footnotes today and these I Guess is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you out with that bite by bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Connor.