Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 4: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan and you are you. You are here that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Fellow conspiracy realist, we have something special in store.
Speaker 5: For you this evening.
Speaker 4: We are joined with Get This guys, not one, but two special guests, Langston Kerman and David Borie. These are the writers, the actors, the comedians, the creators also of one of our favorite podcasts on the planet, No Smoke. My mama told me, guys, thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 5: What an intro, What a time.
Speaker 6: You know, we we we joked around last time we hung out with you guys that we listened to your show in the car and like we literally actually do and it's it's so much fun to almost talk with you guys. And because you bring up some topics you I heard you all talking about sprite the other day on one of your mother Freaking mini episodes.
Speaker 2: I have a nine year old, so I gotta be real careful about.
Speaker 6: But dude, David, you you brought up randomly Edward Burnees and I was just sitting there just going like, man, how did David find out about Edward Burnees? A lot of people don't know about this person, like man, the myth, the leg.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm a weird guy.
Speaker 5: Know, it's so wonderful that was also a weird guy he is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is there a part of you that's like simultaneously impressed by the guy while also realizing that his legacy is one of terror?
Speaker 7: And how could you not be impressed by the man's work the things he did, like how he got women to start smoking cigarets. Yes, obviously terrible, but pretty cool story.
Speaker 8: So the American people trash meets and called it breakfasts, you know.
Speaker 4: And then he was like, yeah, Bacon worked out let's overthrow Guatemala.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you seem to not know who Edward was.
Speaker 5: And I remain not that word up on Edward, And so I'm excited to hear all of his antics listed in bullet point structure. I mean check it.
Speaker 4: Out and we have returned. I'm going to be honest you guys, I am much more excited to have you all on our show than Edward Bernese. As Matt mentioned, he is one of the first sith Lords that we learned about, godfather of.
Speaker 3: P r H the first episode of the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yep and wha yeah, the book Propaganda available online.
Speaker 3: I seem like a great place to start, though.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, since we've got two folks, one who's getting into it more familiar and then Lengthston maybe you're a little less familiar. But I mean the idea of this dude who basically invented advertising, Like, how could he not be like a sith lord type figure given the way things have gone in terms of like, you know, capitalism and just the absolute explosion of you know, consumer culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 7: Want you guys to feel bad. I'm also the nephew of Freud, so.
Speaker 4: I only forgot about that, all right.
Speaker 2: I think we got in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Have not yet begun to podcast.
Speaker 8: But I mean just the idea of like weaponizing psychology, you know, to convince people that they need something that they maybe don't need. I mean I guess there is a place for advertising where it can be a good thing. But do you guys have thoughts on just the nature of advertising.
Speaker 5: I'd say that, and I don't think I'm speaking out a term when I say this. I would say that about eighty percent of the conspiracies we unpack on the podcast tend to circle back to some version of capitalist structures, basically being a poison that led to all of it. Like, there is very there are very few conspiracies that you can't just point at the richest man in the room and be like, well, he did it. That was him that did that.
Speaker 7: Us.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to convince y'all to join me in murdering him, but certainly that's the guy that did it.
Speaker 4: And there are more of us, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: A lot more.
Speaker 7: Firstly, I want to say that my mama told me pod is brought to you by Oscar Meyer.
Speaker 3: Trash meat.
Speaker 5: That's actually one hundred percent, and we got to get that in there. We have gift cards to prove it.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 7: I never got mine because I didn't want my name on the me. But no, there.
Speaker 6: There are so many lists out there that you can man, I can't even remember the episode you guys were just talking about getting on a list. It was really recent. I've got in my notes somewhere, but just leak, right, I think that was it.
Speaker 7: That was it?
Speaker 5: Oh sure, yeah, now that Chase leak was fast. I don't know if you guys have covered it on the podcast at all, but it's it's insane that they even called it a leak.
Speaker 3: Everybody, yeah, social security number, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because the leak implies that there was stuff left over that did not get leaked as well.
Speaker 5: Or even it implies that there's like there's a winnable game inside of this, that this this was a happy accident. Like there are times where like these airlines years ago, it happens far less frequently now where like airlines would mess up and you could like fly to Dubai for one hundred and fifty dollars, you had to scramble to get the tickets. They would immediately fix it and there was no accountability on the other end. This was not an accident. This was this was clearly just misinformation that was leading people to commit check fraud. It's insane.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 6: For context, it was you would you would write a checkout to yourself for a crazy amount of money that you do not have, deposit it and immediately take a bunch of that, if not all of that, cash out as much as you could, basically like walking into a bank to do it too, not at an ATM or something. Sure, And then Chase was like, oh, by the way, we have.
Speaker 2: A lot of money to suit everybody.
Speaker 5: We we knew we set it up that way. We didn't think you dumb dumbs would get this excited about it, but we certainly are going to take all our money back.
Speaker 7: It's like, don't eat tidepods. They look delicious, but you were dumb enough to eat it. Yeah, don't have the time.
Speaker 4: I agree, Like the burden is on the consumer there, you know, Like if you hear about a get rich quick scheme and it's everywhere, then that's more like a I'm going to get you.
Speaker 5: If you hear about a get rich quick scheme and it involves one of the three largest banks in the world from tread lightly, go ahead and back up a little bit there, big dog, What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Why do you say the retide pods?
Speaker 8: I think it's no coincidence that Baja Blast is as popular as it is. People just like things that are toilet bowl cleaner colored. I personally do. I like Smurf gummies. I'm a big fan of stuff that turns my weird colors.
Speaker 7: The podcast, I love the color blue as something to ingest.
Speaker 4: Yes, blue foods, Yeah, drinks mostly guys.
Speaker 3: The die is probably fine for you. I'm certain.
Speaker 5: One of the things we landed on in the podcast was that, uh, there is no natural occurring blue.
Speaker 4: In my labor.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, that is not what god.
Speaker 3: Blue raspberry, that's naturally occurring fruit.
Speaker 7: That's why they have to hit you with qualifiers like electric.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, or like how juicy fruit is based on a flavor that does not naturally occur. So they talked with their legal department and they said, well, what can we call it won't get us sued. And we're talking conspiracies and we we haven't we haven't really talked yet about you all show. Now we've been on your show before, Langston, you came over here a while back. Could you tell us a little bit of the origin story of my mama told me? What is it? How did you all meet? And dare I say conspire? Yeah?
Speaker 5: We conspire bi weekly, I would say, no twice a week at this point to achieve the podcast is about black conspiracy theories specifically. I think we were very motivated by sort of taking obviously larger conversations about conspiracy, but really centering the black experience and black sort of like perspective in all of that. And I was very fortunate to kick this bad Boy off. But Bory has been on board for now two years, and we just we like sort of like all this the fun little nuance that you get out of just the added racial tint to that bad Boy.
Speaker 6: There's nothing better. I know, Sorry David, I mean, it's stepping your toes here, but there's nothing better than the opening of y'all show when you you make something up at the very top about this so much fun. I love that party, I love it.
Speaker 7: That's all true, but yeah, that's a good time. We just liked, uh adding the racial aspect. It just makes you more scared of things you were already scared of, And who doesn't want to do that on a podcast? To get scared?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think we try to do on this show is not to necessarily intentionally freak people out too much, just like to look at a thing, talk about who's saying the thing, where it might have come from, look at the science, look at what the Internet's saying, and then just have a talk about it.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of this stuff, at the end of the day is sort of.
Speaker 8: Thought experiments, and it's like it fascinates us on a fundamental human level, and I think.
Speaker 3: That's what makes the conversations worth listening to.
Speaker 5: You know, I have long equated conspiracy theory to a version of, like, dude, fan fiction, you know what I mean. It's just straight man fan fiction where you are obsessed with an idea and you start to create your own stories and that idea and some of those stories are completely in cannon and are correct, and then some of them shits are truly you just going Dragon Ball heroes with that bad boy. You know, nobody even knows what this is, but you're just making up stuff and we know why because you care about it a lot.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 6: I've got a dragon Ball one like this for you guys on a mini episode you just did. It's the one where you mentioned Edward Burnees and it was about McDonald's and Sprite specifically.
Speaker 7: I want you guys to know how wide of a ray of topics we cover. The episode really covered a lot of ground.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry this one in particular, you guys had a discussion about. It was Sam I think, wrote in with an email about, Hey, did you guys notice that McDonald seems to pair their chicken products with sprite and they're like Burger products with coke or you know, a soda that's got other stuff in it. And as you guys are going through it, it made me think about our discussion about mountain dew and surge and all that stuff that we talked about back in the day, speaking of the strangely colored drinks that we ingested, especially as younger folks. But then it got me to thinking, Okay, of those two drinks, they are pretty much the same thing, right. This is corn syrup, a little bit of flavoring, some soda water basically, But one of those drinks has an added thing in it that the other one doesn't have, coke versus sprite.
Speaker 2: Coke has caffeine in it. Yeah, and which made me.
Speaker 6: Think, is there a reason why somebody would want to get caffeine in the white people and not in the black people. But think about it, it's it's a it's a stimulant. It's been used as a stimulant for so long. And what is sugar doo if not make you drowsy and like kind of out of it? And I'm telling you, I don't know. The more I thought about it as you guys were talking about it, I was like, wait a minute, Mountain dew was aimed so squarely at white kids too early on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just it got me thinking, No, I.
Speaker 5: Really like this train of thought. I think frankly, Uh, it took me a second to remember that sprite is decaffeinated.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And and more than that, I think it is very much pitched as a caffeinated drink. Like a lot of their their imagery is like dudes playing basketball. Yeah, and like in the studio it's like, oh, like this is like a party drink. Therefore it would have caffeine, it would keep me up and ship. But nah, yeah, there's a reason they're not. They don't want us caffeinated. That feels crazy.
Speaker 7: It's interesting because now when I really kind of expanded look on it. Hey, there's no black energy drinks. No, And I don't even think they pitch us coffee that hard.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, but Oregon.
Speaker 6: Hawaiian punch, Like just think about all of those products.
Speaker 2: I don't know, do you guys something there?
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember justa.
Speaker 8: That was a kind of a it had like a panther on you know, I mean you think was that geared towards black folks?
Speaker 3: Do you think? Or I don't.
Speaker 7: I think it was more towards Africans look.
Speaker 8: Fairs, just the branding of it Africans and SKA bands.
Speaker 4: I would say, yeah, now people will tell you that's a limited demographic. Hear us out, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Listen, you only need one thousand hardcore fans.
Speaker 8: I would like to propose a quick just Devil's advocate perspective on the Sprite burger chicken argument. Don't you think it's maybe also maybe it's an aesthetic choice because like sprite is clear and chicken is kind of white, and burgers are brown and coke is brown. Just in terms of the replacement in the ad.
Speaker 7: It's also is pairing is the thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Just technically, Well, you guys talked about the colors on the bottles, right, So like Sprite had that green color and that was different from the red color that was on a lot of the coke products and just I don't know, there's there's all kinds of psychology stuff going into that.
Speaker 2: Again, that's why I love listening to y'all show.
Speaker 5: But even as you guys are saying it's a better pair, a part of me and this is me being the antagonist that I am, A part of me want wonders how much of that is just coaching, right that historically we are told red wine with red meat and that is the best flavor palette pairing whatever. But like, is it or is that just what we've been programmed to understand because culturally it's correct, its effect.
Speaker 8: Too, right, I mean, if you believe it, then maybe you're like on board already mentally from the start, and then you're like, hell, yeah, that's the best and nothing else.
Speaker 7: I do feel like pairs well with poultry though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, but but that sounds like you would not squeeze a lemon on a steak.
Speaker 8: That occurred to me the other day. It's not a thing that people do, but maybe it'd be delicious.
Speaker 5: It sounds like something maybe your boy Eddie burns. Uh.
Speaker 4: This is this is something I think too, that hits on the the crux of the explorations we have on our shows, because you guys are top tier comics, you stand up comics, and you're also some of the sharpest people in this space. Not that our space is tough to be, you know, shout out to a well. But there's there's this thing I've been thinking about. We'd love your thoughts here. What do conspiracies and comedy have in common? Because like conspiracies, as you said, kind of dude fan fiction. I would say also we could argue their folklore in many ways, and it appears that, like you were saying Langston, a conspiracy kind of aggregates facts and then attempts to reframe them in an unexpected way that purports to explain everything. And when we're watching, when we're watching you guys on stage, we're watching like the new a special you have David, The Birth of a Nation GB I R T H. Watching Bad Poetry just came out on Netflix. There's a lot of thought you guys put into structuring, right a story, reframing things. So is there anything in common between conspiracies and comedy.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think it. I think it definitely comes from the same place right. I think a lot of it is rooted somewhere in truth. I think a lot of it is trying to understand your surroundings, you know what I mean, trying to put things in a way that you can understand and that you can tell to other people. So I think that well, not funny. I think they parallel pretty well.
Speaker 5: I also think there's a not necessarily even in a sinister way, there's a ton of manipulation in comedy. Like the entire art form that David and I participate in is largely trying to manipulate strangers into feeling endeared to us almost immediately. And we recognize that some of that is like controlling the narrative that I'm sharing about myself and how I share it about myself, And so it isn't meant to be evil, or at least I hope it's not evil, but it certainly is. I ain't telling you my worst qualities on stage. I'm telling you the funniest of my worst qualities on stage. The ones that aren't funny I keep private because otherwise the show doesn't go as well as I would have.
Speaker 8: It is funny to see, like somebody somebody stand up act multiple times and realize that it is a performance and that things are repeated, and the idea is to make it seem like you're doing it for the first time. And there's a little tricker even in that, but it's just the name of the game, and it's like we sign up to be manipulated like that, you know. I think it's totally like part for the course. I think I'm totally fine with that, but it is odd when you see behind the curtain a little bit of almost feel, oh, they weren't talking just to me that one time, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's also the shitty thing that society has done to all of us, where we were demanding that we not be sheep. Right that nobody wants to be. We all want to be completely wide eyed to everything that's happening around us, but human nature requires us to be sheep. Sometimes it's okay to sort of be manipulated. I love Magic Show because so much a man tricks me into believing that the card wasn't where the card was, and I love that so much. And the idea that people can't just accept that, like, hey, we're not supposed to know everything. Some things are supposed to be magic and manipulation is sad. It's so cynical.
Speaker 7: Hi, not everybody can get rich. A lot of us are sheep. That's just that's just the nature of it. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what they want you to say. Come on, man, if.
Speaker 8: We if we insisted on complete transparency, we couldn't enjoy movies.
Speaker 3: We couldn't every movie we dissect it, we'd be this is a lie. Yeah, I mean it's come on, it's no fun. Nobody wants to live like that.
Speaker 4: And it is small talk with the German.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not gonna go on that is that what you I'm just leaving that one there, but it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, you see it on Twitter all the time, where like a genuine, like exciting thing will happen and within months there are people unpacking why that thing wasn't real or isn't fun whatever, And it's like, I don't know, man, let's go back to at least a taste of whimsy where we're you know, can come out and we don't. Yeah, taste of whimsy. I'll be selling it after the the on the live shows.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, did you guys have merch now too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 6: New merch website too that I'd never heard of before. Really, yeah, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: Taste of whimsy like you're saying. I think that's a valuable point, because you know, I will say this. It may be a hot take, a type of take. I'm not sure, but I don't think human brains were prepared for just the the endless, always on communication, right, not just the possibility of it, but also the responsibilities that have been kind of non consensually foisted on people. We're talking about this earlier. Man. You know, before social media, you would just get to people when you got to them, and now you got and I know.
Speaker 9: You guys are right. I mean I've survived the troubles. I've returned.
Speaker 4: Oh Bertram, We're just glad you're not dead, right, But now it's like, oh, you left me on red for seven minutes, this relationship is over.
Speaker 8: And aid receipts left on those psychotic behavior I just want to.
Speaker 7: Put on because what do you do? Well, you know I don't have it on. You put it on for me. Now. I'm into your psycho world, I know.
Speaker 4: And sometimes it's a message where it's just LMAO. But then it says red and it's like, oh, the clock's tick and.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, you gotta bounce something back here.
Speaker 6: Come on, all right, and with that, guys, we're going to take a quick break here, word from our sponsors, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 4: You guys do a tremendous job of applying. When I ask about conspiracy and comedy, I also see some incredibly sharp application of critical thought, right, because sometimes you'll sometimes you'll dive into what might be called an old wives tale, like recently the question of whether the shape of a pregnant person belly can form the gender, and then sometimes you dive into things that can be disturbing and scary for people. So with with this, like what do you have a go to formula for separating the fact from the fiction? Or how do you how do you guys even navigate this.
Speaker 5: Bory, I'll let you do. Maybe you have a better answer than I do right away, but.
Speaker 7: No, I don't, okay, I mean, like, I think we try to be as responsible as possible. I think that's always in the front of your mind. But you you got to sort of take these things out they come, because a lot of times will and thank you to Langston for allowing me to be Lucy Goosey. As far as the format he does the research, I don't so at the top he asked me what I think, and a lot of times my mind gets changed or whatever because I'm really I am forming my opinion on the spot. So I think just yeah, trying to be responsible and upen minded.
Speaker 4: Was there ever anything though that, like you came in thinking this is BS and you walked out things this is true.
Speaker 7: I hate to be that guy, but most of the government, based on they would never they never do anything like that.
Speaker 6: And then last time we hung out with you, David, we had just written a book where the entire thing was about government specific conspiracies, and I think we were I think we still probably feel that way that the government ends up getting over on all kinds of weird things that you wouldn't expect to happen until you you actually can get the receipts from the past and go, oh wow, they actually did that and there's documents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, Bory, we talked about this recently. The washing your chicken was something that I think we both went in like sort of like, nah, you wash a chicken. That's very normal and healthy, and then by the time you finish, there's a fair amount of evidence that suggests you're not supposed to be doing that. But then it also becomes this weird cultural thing of being ali. Well, well, no, we're still gonna wash our chicken.
Speaker 8: Animals is the idea that it can actually spread salmonella like around your kitchen to other surfaces.
Speaker 3: Like it's not.
Speaker 5: Only does it spread it to other surfaces, it's literally spreading it better onto the chicken. Yeah, it's like coating the chicken in a fine salmonilla glaze instead of just clunked up. In certain areas, I feel.
Speaker 6: Like if you get enough hot sauce involved with your chicken, though, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Kill anything that's just slater with hot sauce.
Speaker 4: That's let's cut the chicken out entirely. Let's just be like hot sausitarians.
Speaker 8: This is one I'd love to hear your tick unders thinking about raw chicken, like you know, the idea that it will kill you instantly, or that salmonella will like you know, absolutely just end your life if you get it. I mean, in Japan they do sashimi uh raw chicken. It's a thing and is this a matter of like their meat is just better over there. They grow it, they raise it differently. Why is that okay?
Speaker 3: And we're not hearing all these stories out of Japan if people dropping dead eating row.
Speaker 4: Chicken, well nol as our official representative of the Nation of Japan, No.
Speaker 7: A lot.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's a great I mean, I'd love to, uh, because it is true that that is part of it, and that's a complaint sometimes people will have when they visit there. It's like, hey, this is undercooked. H we can see also, you know, uh, similar complaints in like steakhouses here in the US. You know, you got the you got the beef. Absolutist who are like, oh, a good steak just has to be gently pushed by a radiator for five seconds, you know, and otherwise you're wasting it. And then other people are saying, no, I don't want to risk diseases, please cook this all the way. So maybe it's a cultural thing. There's definitely science to it, but I'm interested in what you guys think. You have you heard about this undercooked chicken thing.
Speaker 7: I haven't, but I don't know. I feel like every country's got their meat that they kind of are too easy on right or a big place. We barely cook it. That's probably how they lot with chicken and fish. I don't I'm terrible, so I don't. I think I could handle chicken sashi. I'm not like afraid of meat in that way, which is not a great traite.
Speaker 8: A healthy fear of meat is probably good for just general survival.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's it's ever been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it would be a texture issue for me eating raw chicken, but I don't know. I think I've certainly seen the videos of people eating the raw chicken, and I will say I have no sense of like how their chicken could be raised to be less diseased versus ours. But I do know, like having spent months in other countries, I always lose weight no matter where I am. Oh yeah, that's like I spent a month in Scotland and was eating the same bullshit I eat here and immediately lost like fifteen pounds. And it truly is just because I think our foods are coated in all kinds of sugars and poisons that we often don't realize are there. And so yeah, the possibility of another country having a healthier version of the thing seems well within reason to me.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Let me Linston.
Speaker 6: Do you eat a lot of bread in your diet ever, or is that pretty much cut out of your diet at this point?
Speaker 5: I try to avoid it, but I certainly do. I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but it's definitely an effort not to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do the same thing.
Speaker 6: We learned not that long ago about the sugar content in almost all breads that are created here in the US, and just how sugar.
Speaker 4: It's basically cake. When people come to the US from other countries, they're like, why is every sandwich cake? Sandwich?
Speaker 3: Question? Is it cake?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 6: The answer is always yes, well, and you translate that to a lot of like sauces and stuff too that end up having like a hypertos corns or in it or something that just gets slathered on whatever you're eating. And hey, it's fine here, but you go to another place and it's mostly herbal like based or something or oil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every every like Instagram workout dude, that ever like tells you how to get in shape. It's just like, oh, cut out salad, dressing and bread, and you're lying, I and then you know, I put salad. What is the salad without salad dressing? What do you want me to do? I'm not an animal. I just want to I just want to see my abs again if the if at all possible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would cut back, maybe not entirely upstanding. It's a little drizzled.
Speaker 4: That's weird too, because we're also now we're getting to the conversation about credibility, which is something you guys are super sharp at as well, which is you know, we're inundated with what I'm gonna sound like a jerk. I'm fine with it. Anytime a world event occurs that is unfortunate. It is amazing how quickly people get their PhDs and how quickly they are immediately believed as as though their gospel. You know, Hey, TikTok, it's me, your boy. Jonathan Wilson went down in Lebanon and back in two thousand and six, I met a guy who went to Lebanon for a cousin's wedding. So let me tell you about the Middle East.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the quick finger experts are quick Finger are are They're They're plentiful at this point, and it is sort of a frustrating game to try to decipher between them. I'm grateful that we have a common podcasts first because it allows us the space to really just make fun of what we think these people are saying, more than owing it to an audience to give them the correct answer. On the other side of it that like I, I do not have any expertise in what's happening in the Middle East, certainly not to the scale that I probably should. Therefore, I'll just make fun of a dumb dumb who I know is incorrect more than I have to give you the right one, and.
Speaker 3: We thank you for your service.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw I saw your episode come up with x MIO and it was about fentanyl, and I was like, oh crap, I don't know if I can even listen to this because it's actually that's affected my life personally, that substance. And I was I didn't think I'd be able to listen to it. But the just the intro alone where it's like the whole first before the ad break, you didn't even like say x Mile's name, and y'all just had so much fun talking about podcast no no, but it was fun. It is what I'm trying to get across, And uh, you did hit you did hit the pretty heavy stuff towards the end there about like all the different kinds of drugs that have been infiltrated with that substance and potentially why, And I kind of want to be honest, I wanted you all to go further into it a little bit because it does feel like a similar thing to when the US poisoned the alcohol back in the day on purpose to kill people drinking alcohol.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, It's true.
Speaker 6: It feels like a sneaky substance that could end up in whatever drug supply, Uh, honestly, any substance supply, and it could be used to kill people.
Speaker 3: You guys believe it's on the decline.
Speaker 8: I heard a stat that it's like the overdoses from fentanyl are like way down.
Speaker 4: Well they're killing their market.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd say, yeah, I've always I've always wondered too.
Speaker 8: And it's also like, why would you put fentanyl in what's supposed to be a stimulant. I've never understood this idea that like where is this coming into the supply chain and why it doesn't seem very effective as like no, well, trick them into thinking it's cocaine, but it's actually gonna like put them to sleep or.
Speaker 7: Like you know, yeah, who does that benefit?
Speaker 5: I think some of it is that they made it too popular, right that, like now everybody knows to look out for said drug. Everybody knows that like these overdoses that we may have been like attributing as something else are now almost always finanyl. So they're gonna have to come up with like a new game or at least a new drug to make this work. Like you can't keep tricking people with the same trick over and over again.
Speaker 7: Awareness is so high of it now, test strips are everywhere.
Speaker 3: It just seems like it.
Speaker 4: Makes Who's the day?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: Is it cartels or is it more sinister than that? Is it like work around? That's what I've always wondered. Why would they do it?
Speaker 8: It doesn't seem like a very smart workaround to like kill your customer base.
Speaker 4: Short term gain. Maybe if you step on it the right way, then you can adulterate ustan such that you can make more money selling it.
Speaker 5: But I also think, I mean, I think we're we're also talking if we're if I'm applying that day, I think that this feels political, right that like so long as people are overdosing on this what seems like impossible drug to control, then then you always have an argument for controlling our borders, for managing crime in this country. Yes, there's a bunch of others that sort of is deeply connected to drug overdoses and immediately gets those associations. It's the reason why, like every Trump rally, the one thing he can really get them amped up on is being like, there's gangs coming and they're selling your kids drugs and they're killing them. And everybody's like, because that sounds scary, and so like, as long as you and I all have somebody that we know that's either overdosed or come close, then it is a true story and it benefits the you know, the powers that be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a powerful point because there is at some juncture there is a very valid argument that perhaps agencies whose entire existence is based on a war on drugs, maybe they don't want that war to be quote unquote one over because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've lost it with weed.
Speaker 8: I mean, it was the easy go to and now it's kind of like that's just you can't really do that anymore.
Speaker 3: So they got to have something else.
Speaker 5: We haven't won a war since World War Two. Yeah, And part of that is just because they were like, oh, we can't have definitive wins anymore, do you know what I mean? Like, it doesn't actually benefit us to like blow a country out of the water, because that looks bad on us and creates this this history we'll have to apologize for. Instead, you can kind of fade things into the distance until you've sort of wrung out all the money and resources you can get out.
Speaker 3: Of it, for sure.
Speaker 6: But we've won a ton of proxy wars or conflicts, right like what you were talking about Linkston, where we drain an enemy dry of their resources. But then we still build, you know, f thirty five Lightnings or whatever they're called, these new jets that cost eighty five million dollars a pop. And if we don't have anybody to attack with those jets, then why the heck would Lockheed Martin continue to build them? And then what happens to the economy when Lockheed Martin stock goes all the way down and you know, it just becomes this weird cycle of a thing that means somebody's got to be shooting and killing somebody else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it and.
Speaker 5: Again, if we're talking about what capitalism is, it's that it's somebody has to die in order for these businesses and people to sort of stay afloat. And so yeah, we got to keep the party going. So yeah, a little fittonol every once in a while, will we'll pull it back some We'll do a heart you know, we'll make people feel a little more confident that something has been done, and then we'll amp it back up and make sure that a few overdoses happen nearby so that we have something to talk about in the next election and the next wave of people we need to put in power.
Speaker 8: Isn't that like sort of like the kind of false flag thing that some folks on the right would say the left is doing with gun control, Like just to put that out there, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not saying I think that, but it does just to talk about both sides.
Speaker 8: You know, there are people that say where there are folks that are manufacturing these events that lead to a conversation around getting.
Speaker 3: Rid of guns or taking away our guns.
Speaker 8: And so what we're saying is maybe there's a side that is injecting this fentanyl into the system in order to manipulate and wield some amount of control.
Speaker 7: And I think also when you flood, when you flood the market or you flood the people, you don't have to manufacture those events because there's so much, such a surplus.
Speaker 3: Of framing them, were contextualizing them.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: I really liked your discussion on that episode, specifically about potential being a way to get taxes out out of a whole different set of customers, right who now can no longer buy drugs from somebody that they know they have to go down to a dispensary somewhere and pay whatever tax eventually will be a federal tax. Mean, that made maybe more sense to me than it should have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I do think to both of those sort of questions of both the false flag and the taxes. To me, so much of what this is is not when I think about conspiracy theory, it is rarely a very brilliant man in a very high tower manipulating like chess pieces. This is a bunch of dumb dums who accidentally figured out that this drug is easy to overdose on, and instead of holding themselves accountable, they go, well, leave it out there and see how many people we can sort of at least manipulate by the results of this to gain what we need. So it's not it's not even that I think that there's some mastermind plan to put guns in schools and kill children so that they can make it political. It's that they won't do anything to prevent the killing of children, and then they know they plan to make it political. On the other end, both liberal you know, conservative arguments exist in all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sin of negligence, right exactly. And this is this is something that I think is inescapable for anybody who really really puts some time into thinking through this. And I love the point we're getting at here, which is there's always that question. Is there some as you said, guy at a high tower, is there some single global cabal that runs the world right and doesn't want you to know the Tubac and Elvis or a lot for some reason. But what's it seems more often at least an hour collective experience. I don't want to speak for the guys here, so I should amend that, at least to me, it seems like there are a bunch of people who want to control the world and feel like they should, and they all hate each other. They'll get along a little bit when the ends are justifying, you know, whatever their goal is. But with whenever we come up against questions like the illuminati or what is a real or fake conspiracy theory, I'm one hundred percent on board with you guys. It typically turns out to be people who messed up and want to try to cover up what they messed up, or people who already have some power and they want more power. I don't think you need aliens to explain that.
Speaker 3: We the a hard time.
Speaker 8: I think believing in the benevolent politician or like the batal politician who made this path for their lives in order to help people on either side. I mean, again, not speaking for the group, but me and myself, I don't trust any of them, and I don't think that's a particularly you know, alarmist position.
Speaker 7: No, no, not at all. These people are psychos. His job requirement, the want to do it is what disqualifies you from being trustworthy.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've had this argument with my wife a million times because I think my wife tends to vote very She's she's a liberal voting person. She's she is not a cynic like myself. She's she sort of tends to be in line with a lot of the Democratic agenda in a lot of ways. And she loves Barack Obama and was so excited at times where she gets to meet him or or be in a room where he once sat and would come back and tell me the thing. I'll be like, but he but he's a psychopath. What are you celebrating like it? As an absolute psychopath? And it's not personal to him, it's it's Kamala's one. Trump is one obviously, George w his daddy. They're all psychopaths because they they literally sat down and were like, I'm going to be the greatest person in the world. I'm going to become the world's champion despite all of.
Speaker 7: This whole thing.
Speaker 5: Imagine looking at Lebron James and being like, I'll beat him.
Speaker 7: No, I got it.
Speaker 8: Do you think the notion that they're psychopaths and that what someone like Kamala or Barack Obama represents as a positive thing can coexist?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, as a positive thing like the Barack Obama's first black president, Kamala Harris, whatever it might represent to certain people, that could serve as a positive thing, while also it existing that they're not great people like.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do think that we, like I was saying before, we need to be sheep sometimes and and especially in the system that's laid out before us. Now, if we want to have a bigger conversation about whether or not the very structure that we're all trapped in is correct, I got different feelings on it, but I do think if we exist in the world that we exist in, then people need to be inspired and need to feel motivated. And I think those kinds of psychopaths can sometimes be exactly what we need to make someone a better version of themselves. Now does that make for a greater good in terms of our society? Societal survival? Are are the survival of humanity? I'm not convinced, but but I don't know that I know what the alternative is?
Speaker 7: That exactly.
Speaker 2: The alternative is a thousand bottles of mineral oil?
Speaker 7: Do it, Matt, I thought you were going to be the one to bring it up.
Speaker 5: The political dog almost completely covers the Didny time.
Speaker 7: That sounds like.
Speaker 2: It is our foremost.
Speaker 5: Expert in all things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw the photos, So Sean, uh, Sean are surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, God, please.
Speaker 4: He said it was a bad boy for life.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I just sometimes when people tell you stuff, you should listen to what they say. But so, okay, So this is something that Noel, Matt and I were Obviously we're nerds, so we're constantly talking about anything that pops up in the world of Uh. I mean, did he got charged with conspiracy and trafficking and the Feds we were just talking about this, uh, matter of fact, old before we rolled.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Feds do not move forward on those kind of cases unless they're pretty certain conviction. And it's because they won't pursue it unless they're convinced. So, like, what are your takes? I mean, this feels like it goes back to earlier Illuminati questions, you know, and the cabals and all that crap.
Speaker 7: Yeah, usually I think this one's pretty cut and dry.
Speaker 3: What about the connections? I mean, you know, what about like how does it ripple?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 5: I will say that that pretty shortly after his arrest, I think it was like a day later, they announced that he was on suicide watch. That this man who has never once even shown a sign of not believing in himself even in the lowest times of humanity, suddenly was willing to take his own life. And I didn't buy that. The lawyer like instant that to that felt crazy, where like, if there's a lot of people on this planet that I genuinely believe might hurt themselves, and obviously there are a ton of reasons why somebody might make that choice, Puffy, I'm not buying it, No, sir, that man was fine and y'all had plants.
Speaker 4: He's the guy who looked at Lebron and said, yeah, I could do basketball. I guess, but yeah, yeah, do you guys see any of that.
Speaker 6: The only one to one for me is Jeffrey Epstein, where it appears to be somebody who had dirt on a lot of other people and that was the ammunition that he kept his empire going. I don't know if that's the same for Sean Combs, but it seems like there's some parallels.
Speaker 7: I think that there's an element of it. I don't think that that was the primary thing that was keeping his empire going, but I think that I think I think I think there's definitely an element of that of like he knows he's taking everybody down with him, And.
Speaker 5: I think it's a scale thing, right, Like I think that the types of billionaires that Jeffrey Epstein could take down, and this is no disrespect to him, are are putting in a little bit more of an imprint than jay Z.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like the scale, it just isn't the same level of threat to like our function as a society.
Speaker 7: It's a different network.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're taking down Bill Gates to fail type stuff, right, you gotta we gotta bail that out, Jeffery gotta you know, he gotta get out the way because that's way too inconvenient to the way that we live as a society.
Speaker 4: He's gonna take the neck tie, you know. Okay, that's I mean that does I do think that's a very brutally accurate argument, you know, And to that point, sometimes, especially here in the West, Uh, the public deifies celebrities uh far past maybe their financial or structural theft to a society. We we were talking about this too. This is a slightly had conversation, but we were talking about this when the musician real up and comer Taylor Swift UH made a comment supporting supporting the Harris campaign. And then it moved voting numbers like at an almost unprecedented scale. And I was talking with Matt Knowle, and I was like, is this all it takes? Do we need just like one celebrity to say one thing.
Speaker 8: It was also kind of an own goal on Trump's part because if he hadn't done all that bonker stuff with the AI, she might not have had to come out on one side or the other at all. I mean that this's, you know, outside of the scope of this conversation, but I did want to just mention this last thing for me on the Diddy thing. Like our coworker, Charlemagne the God, he's an iHeart guy.
Speaker 3: He had a pretty hard to take.
Speaker 4: Technically, all of our our collective.
Speaker 3: We get paid by the same company, the same.
Speaker 5: Secret paid the same amount, no question.
Speaker 3: Equal opportunity. But he had a I think a pretty interesting take on it.
Speaker 8: He said that anyone who is now coming out telling stories about weird stuff they witnessed surrounding Diddy and his inner circle are essentially accomplices because they're they're talking now when it's like safe to talk because the guys obviously going down. I don't know, is that oversimplifying, like how are we going to see these dominoes fall? Like are the people that are out there now kind of telling these stories? Are they just waiting for the next shoot to drop? Or like do you have any names that you are seeing that might be like the next ones to go?
Speaker 7: You got?
Speaker 5: You got that list next to you?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: I think turned into aching conversation.
Speaker 7: Died in the desert six years ago, you don't have the name name them?
Speaker 8: Was wondering if you think this idea of people being accomplices because they stayed quiet for so long, is that like too simple?
Speaker 3: Is it like more?
Speaker 7: I think it's a little I think it's a little bit sick. I think there are opportunists, you know what I mean. I think that there's always when you take something, when somebody something of this magnitude happens, there's always going to be people who could attach themselves and get money and things like that off of it. Do I think that all these people saying stuff were accomplishes in it the way that they were like handprinting invitations to the Diddy parties? And I don't think I.
Speaker 5: Watched a video recently, Bory. I think I might have sent it to you of a dude who claimed that he was at a Diddy party and saw uh Carl Winslow gift. I watched that, Yeah, said he calls them Carl's Winslow's. He says, he says he from Yeah, that's right. He said he saw Reginald. He's saw Reginald Gill Johnson getting getting his back blown out by Diddy. And and I don't think that that person is telling the story for any other reason than just trying to take advantage of a moment.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say I don't think that person was telling the truth. I think it's entirely likely that didn't take place.
Speaker 5: But I think that's I think it's very likely that it did not take place. Right, Carl, carls Winslow's walked.
Speaker 3: In on you.
Speaker 7: I don't appreciate you interjecting me directly into the Diddy.
Speaker 5: Again, not you, David Borri, but but the other guy.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I just I think he walked on Carl Winslow giving it to Diddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then maybe every accusation is a confession on some level. Right, we see that play out, But how much like to that point, how much of this it seems like we're saying there's a non zero percentage of this being people somewhat performatively doing the right thing as a way to fast forward themselves into the headlines.
Speaker 5: Is that, Yeah, I don't think there's a single hero on the other side of this. I think the heroes have had thirty five years to step up and say that something psychotic was happening here in some former fashion. I think, certainly, historically we've seen a lot of his artists, almost all of his artists never stay with bad Boy and certainly do not maintain healthy relationships with Puff. So I think in some ways maybe that is them showing us who this man has been the entire time. But the reality is nobody's been nearly as explicit as they probably should have been given the scale. Yeah, of the crime we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Nace just walked away and started preaching, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it changed one. Now he's got a podcast, so you know it's.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: You know, Mace made a song called feel So Good and in that music video there is a young man named Chris Tucker who was in it. And in the same year Chris Tucker made the film The Fifth Element, and this is what I wanted to talk to you guys about. You were having a discussion about the Friday movies, and you put him in whatever order you want to Friday really important, I think in a lot of our lives. Uh, that one line and you know this man, what ended up becoming just the thing that my friends and I said to each other all the time, Uh, I'm doing it, I'm doing it. I said all these lines that way Money Talks had the most lines.
Speaker 2: For me of his movies.
Speaker 5: That Peter Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I've learned pretty hot and tempting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was huge.
Speaker 6: But I want to talk about him specifically in context of all this stuff because he had a really interesting career and I don't know his involvement with any of that stuff, or with bad Boy or any of those things, but he was certainly in a lot of music videos. And I noticed when I was going through his IMDb because I was thinking about him after you guys were talking about Friday on a recent episode. You can see his trajectory there where his career doesn't really take off until he's in that movie Fifth Element, which is have y'all seen The Fifth Element?
Speaker 10: His greatest acting no yeah's film Greatest Hair, Greatest Wig.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: I think he did too right.
Speaker 6: But it goes back to something that you guys have talked about in your show before, the emasculation of a black male on screen as the way to catapult a career, which made me which yeah, I meant a lot of folks have talked about that before, but it just made me think about specifically this guy that was in one of I don't know Friday was a really important movie, but it didn't take off in the same way that I don't know his career did when Rush Hour came around, right the franchise.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just sorry. I'm just thrown out there and see if you guys have thoughts.
Speaker 7: I will say I think that all this speaks more of how interesting a guy Chris Tucker, because the femininization of a black man in a movie. I think we kind of came to the same point on that that It's like, that's just like it's a comedy trope. It's like if you count how many white men have done it, then you start to be like, well, I think this is just what people do, you know what I mean. But Chris Tucker in the nineties was everywhere, and I think that's what we need to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, well specific.
Speaker 5: Well to that, because even Matt, as you were explaining it, there's a part of me that starts going damn. Chris Tucker has been connected to a lot of sex predators historically, like he had he was very close with Michael Jackson, he was was on Jeffrey Epstein's flight logs. He is to your point, he had a relationship with Puff in the past. Like, there's a lot of Chris Tucker just hanging out with sex bests and somehow coming out a Christian on the other side of it feels more conspiratorial to me than the feminization side of it.
Speaker 7: That's exactly how I feel.
Speaker 4: It's it's just on the your numbers game, right, Just statistically, how often can you be in those rooms before you start to get a weird vibe?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: To what threshold do you exist in these circles?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Like, at what point do you have to stop saying, well, I didn't know, you know, I was just there for the snacks they got, Oscar Meyer.
Speaker 5: If this party is sponsored by Mike's hard lemonade, I'm drinking stupid tonight. You know what I mean, at some point you're gonna have a Mikes then you're gonna be like, well, I guess that's what we do.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't know the party was themed that way.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 8: Williams is gonna be okay, okay. I just feel like, should he be looking out? Should he be looking over his shoulder? I mean, he's just like, all this stuff that he said has come to pass, like so much of it, And at first people were kind of writing him off as just being bitter and rambly and whatever. But like now it just seems like all the stuff that he was spilling is likely very true and it involves a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I just wonder if he's got a target on his back or what.
Speaker 5: You then, I think that that that insanely talented, insanely insane person has navigated harder things then a bunch of rich people being mad at him. We watched him get beat up by a fourteen year old I knew you were going to say in a field once and he somehow managed to still be a king of comedy afterwards. That's that's an unbeatable character. I have no doubt that he will find a way to navigate all of this and the huts, you know, after that with tangling with the fourteen year old and coming back on his special, and then it's just immediately like all right, is like I don't what do you want? I don't care. I didn't have tea, guys, I moked my teeth away. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna feel bad and explain myself in a sad way. This is just true psychosis.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's pause here because we're getting into some weirder, deeper water. We'll be back with Langston Kerman and David Bori, and we have returned.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Langston, when you came on and hung out with us last time, I tried to make a connection to your past as an English teacher and how it kind of like informs the way you teach people with your comedy and on the show. David, I don't know a ton about you when it comes to just maybe a job you've held in the past, or a position in your life, a relationship that kind of informed the way you talk to people about these complex subjects.
Speaker 7: Oh, a pretty regular guy before comedian was Yeah, or did a few gas stations scam some old people out of some money at a call center for a while and worked at a casino.
Speaker 2: But like service position exclusively.
Speaker 7: I only ever had jobs construction for a while, not highly skilled, so that was you at the call center.
Speaker 6: But for me, it's about communication, like how and the way you guys communicate to get big kind of ideas across it. And also just hit that funny moment that again, like as a listener, you just somehow grab that thing that I was kind of thinking, but I didn't formulate it into the way that you guys put it. So I just I'm just trying to say, appreciate y'all's communication style.
Speaker 5: I Well, one of the things that I think David is especially great at that I am grateful that he has this skill that I struggle in sometimes is he has an ability to sort of meet people exactly where they are and I think sometimes I'm like this, I don't want to talk to them. This is frustrating, and he's very much like, nah, like I see where you're at. I'm down to clown right wherever you need to be, because that's just what this conversation sort of requires. And I think if I can broaden that a little bit. I think that's what makes for good conspiratorial discussions. It's not hearing someone's opinion and going that is stupid because of X and X belief that I already hold. It's being able to say, like, all right, this is what you think, and I may not think any of that makes sense, but I'm willing to hear you all the way to the end of this train so that we can decide together whether or not that does in fact make sense.
Speaker 6: And you can play back and forth with it a little bit to where it doesn't feel crazy or dumb. It feels like, oh, we're actually having a conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't make discourse by telling people what to think or all. Yeah, so I love that point about you know, well, maybe I disagree with you, but tell me how you got there. Because nobody sees themselves as a crazy, irrational lunatic. You know, none of the none of the I didn't want to mention it on air, but no, none of the like quean on guys are saying I woke up one day and decided to be wha could Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm a matrix conversation dude. You were like, I hate this on a conceptual level. But I'm not saying it's dumb. I think there's a room for this. And you go all the way down that rabbit hole, like in real time on the podcast, and we see you follow it and honestly, and I mean it was you never really you know, nagged anybody.
Speaker 3: You were just kind of like there with it.
Speaker 7: I feel like the point is to hear these people out. I mean, I don't think the point is necessarily for me to like inject what I feel, or for me to maybe shame these people or tell them why I think they're stupid. I think the point is that they have something to say, they have an idea to get across, and it's my responsibility to assist in that however I can, and then hopefully the listeners can make draw their own kind of feelings about that.
Speaker 5: And I do think then the most beautiful thing about this, this dude fan fiction we're discussing, is less about the conclusions of the fan fiction and more about the beautiful writing that sort of goes into the building of that fan fiction. And that's where I think conspiracy is most fun. It's not that Ronald Reagan invented aids, it's that you can get somebody to walk you through, step by step how they believe Ronald Reagan did, in fact, invent the AIDS. And that's fun because it's Ronald Reagan in a lab with monkeys and needles and shit.
Speaker 8: It also tells you about the time and what people were scared of, and like it's it's the folklore of it all kind of, I think.
Speaker 4: And it's Ronald Reagan capable of what remembering what happened twenty minutes ago for a sustained amount of time.
Speaker 3: We've seen that the Dennis Quaid Reagan film.
Speaker 7: I take it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh, yeah, we've been we've been. Uh, we've been doing this back while Ronald Reagan could remember who was president. There is so much we got to get to you guys, but we are, you know, we we want to be respectful your time. If possible, could we play a little quick fire conspiracy game. Would you guys be on board?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Matt and Ole is that okay with you guys?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: It's over all right. So here's what we like to do. We're just rapid fire from us. We'll give you an idea conspiratorial and or paranormal and just let us know true or not or why we'll We'll start now with Uh, Dylan, could we get a weird sound? Cue?
Speaker 9: Unsettling? Even there we got I'm unsettled. Show unsettling? All right, our producer hates this.
Speaker 4: Now here we go. Number one ghost real? No, why have you seen one? Thoughts?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I saw one once?
Speaker 5: If Bory has told a pretty harrowing story about seeing a ghost, Wait, no.
Speaker 2: Way, are you being serious?
Speaker 7: Or because I truly have no other feeling. I never had felt any way about it before after, but I did see something so that I think I have to acknowledge that. Wow, And I hate ghosts. I think it's lame. I think it's stupid for you to hang out. It's like a super senior. Don't you have other stuff to Yeah, go somewhere you're watching me? You lose it? But yeah, yeah?
Speaker 8: But like, did that change you in a way or make you think about it more often, or just like reframe the way you thought about something that you felt a certain way about prior to that event?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Not not too much really, because I think that at least what happened in my experience, it didn't have the ghosts of something didn't have the ability to change anything. Right, It wasn't like it didn't influence me. It didn't really. So it's like I think, if they are here much like a senior who stayed so long, they have no power anymore. They're just kind of like hanging out and watching. So I don't know, that's fine.
Speaker 6: I guess, well, if the movies tell us anything, David, they've got unfinished business.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they're not completing it, right.
Speaker 4: What's so special that we all have unfinished business?
Speaker 2: It's all these drawers.
Speaker 5: I wonder if if it is like a super senior of like people up in heaven or wherever ghosts go, or like these ghost who still go to Earth are like pedophiles. They're like weird like prey on human bodies in Sikka where we are.
Speaker 7: I'm up here in heaven doing whatever the hell they do up there. You're down there trying to avenge your father, Okay.
Speaker 4: Like your dad is here with us. You can't just go hang with them.
Speaker 7: If they're real, they're stunted as well, and we should feel bad for them.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a very that's a weirdly empathetic way to look at it. Like, you know, maybe they need help.
Speaker 6: All right, next one then, well, I feel like that was a call out to the boys, which great job, Langston, Oh.
Speaker 4: Thank you there it is there. It is next one all right, only because it's one of the most enduring conspiracy theories in Western discourse. Moon landings. Do you guys believe people landed on the moon?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: I I believe it at some point.
Speaker 7: I think that that happened.
Speaker 5: I believe that we've landed on the Moon. I do also believe that there was a big, big money machine put behind making sure that we felt like we experienced what lands on the Moon was. And I don't know that what we saw in what actually happened completely matches up right that, Like that is not to suggest that that isn't footage, but I think that that is very controlled footage. I think that that probably was made maybe to look better or more efficient for everybody to see at certain points you punched it up. I think that's more a possibility than us not going at all. Right, there's too many parties involved in that conspiracy to ensure that no one went to the moon, and we get to tell everybody people went to the moon. But is it possible that, like, somebody went to the moon and it was a great day, and then y'all had to go in the booth and make somebody jump around a little bit to make it look a little cooler than the grainy footage you tried to collect from the moon that day. I'm open to that possibility.
Speaker 4: That's a nuance. I like that. That's one of my first times hearing that.
Speaker 2: It's just so reasonable that it's like, I don't think, I like, no.
Speaker 5: I feel, I feel the rabbit hole. Yeah, no, it's it's not. And and again I don't I think that everybody that would claim that we didn't go to the moon would say that it has like this more sinister plan behind it, that they're trying to trick us into something evil because the world ain't even really round and they don't want us to know that. Blah blah blah. Like that's all silly. It's not that. It's you try to get footage. The footage look like, so you get X person to to remake said footage look a certain way, and then there are some some flaws in the shots that you took, much like a Starbucks cup in the back of a game of throne shot. There there's continuity errors that you didn't account for. Thus you allow conspiracy theorists to feed their uh six sick families for another millennia.
Speaker 3: I like it, Matt.
Speaker 4: Do you want to do one? As we're wrapping up.
Speaker 6: Oh, this one's pretty easy because I you know, I really do feel like the government conspiracy angle is it's the most plausible stuff. I've made a show with another group of people about specifically mlk's assassination, but then we've talked recently about JFK's assassination, RFK assassination. A bunch of these folks who appeared to be bringing human beings together, at least on the surface, right, they appear to be uniting people. Do you think there's anything to overall the government needing to keep us so divided and against each other so that humanity never comes together to fight the real big power structures.
Speaker 7: Yemm Yeah, totally, Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah. Differently, no, I think that's about right.
Speaker 5: I think look at the end of the day, and it's sort of what we talked about before. I think at the end of the day, capitalism, by by it's it's literal definition requires somebody to be poor inside of it. You need more people to not have money in order for the wealth to uh stay going up for the ones that do manage to get money, and so like, at the end of the day, you have to that can't just be you counting on people spending their money poorly forever and always. You have to create systems to make sure that they spend their money poorly or don't have any money to spend at all. And so I think, like you, you know, every four years you at least make people re up on a a new opportunity to trick them, no matter what the you know that trick might be.
Speaker 2: I don't like that at all, but I think you're right, yeah.
Speaker 4: With that's how you can tell when someone's making a really good point when you say, I, yeah, I'm uncomfortable with that use it feels very true. And this leads us to something that we're very excited about. We haven't really mentioned it yet, but we have to mention it before we close. You guys are going on tour and Matt Nolan, I are very excited about this. Could you tell us a little bit about Start the Steal twenty twenty four?
Speaker 7: Yeah, boy, I forgot what we called it, that.
Speaker 5: This is their brain child.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it's not my brain child. It's just a very funny tour I thought it is. Yeah, we're going out to fifteen cities. We're doing our live show. We have some special guests a few cities. It's just Langston and I and it's just like our show. It's it's like hearted a lot more than it's serious. We play some games, we sell some merch. We do meet and greets where lengths and kisses everyone on the mouth.
Speaker 5: Who and it's not up for debate. You you get in line, you get a kiss. I'm not going to do that weird shit where you go. I don't want to kiss, but can I get a picture? No, everybody gets a kiss. But it's on record all right now to live up to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know specific you guys are coming to Atlanta. We talk a lot about you know, we live in Atlanta. You're going to be here?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 2: Do we have a specific date for that?
Speaker 7: Because October thirty, first Halloween.
Speaker 5: Halloween. Bring your children.
Speaker 2: May No, I don't want you kiss them.
Speaker 4: That's a lie.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, but now I regret what I said. Well, now I put myself in a nasty and I see, I see where the mistake was made.
Speaker 7: That's on me.
Speaker 5: I will be issuing a response podcast.
Speaker 7: After this one.
Speaker 4: Oh the whole series. Check out the episodes, but do check out before that comes out. Do check out my Mama told me. It's absolute banger. As you can tell, we are fans here. Do join us. We are going to be there October thirty first to check out the guys live here in Atlanta a City winery. You can also learn all of the dates for the upcoming live show going to the instagram at my Mama told Me pod David Linkston For anybody else where can they learn more about your work outside of the show.
Speaker 5: You can follow me at Langston Carrman on all social media platforms. I'm the only one with this stupid name. And oh you can watch my special it's called Bad Poetry. It's on Netflix. And more importantly, come see us live. We have a bunch of dates beginning in early October, uh well mid October. That starts in d C. Then Detroit, then Chicago, and then a bunch of other places, including Atlanta. And we would love for y'all to join us.
Speaker 2: There, aren't you on a show called English Teacher something.
Speaker 5: That English Teacher.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, it's like it's it's so wholesome and like kind I just I mean, it's you know, it's got subversive elements to it, but it's just I find it too. I watch it with my kid and like it's tricksy motel, you know, like, I mean, everything about it is just like so it's like a sitcom for our generation or something their generation.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Yeah. Oh Instagram cool guy jokes City seven. I have a special that I did. It's called Birth of a Nation with a G. Don't type in, I mean you can type in much longer.
Speaker 5: And more important, more important.
Speaker 7: More important. But yeah, you can find that on my Patreon, Patreon dot com backslash David Borie gbo.
Speaker 2: R I E amazing. Thank you guys, Thanks guys.
Speaker 7: We love.
Speaker 5: This is a pleasure for us. We love the show. We love talking to you guys. This is great, man, what a ride.
Speaker 4: As we're as we were saying, Matt, we didn't even get to all the other stuff that's on the way. So we're gonna have to have these guys back.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure, I think we need to do it at least yearly, if not twice a year, hanging out with those guys.
Speaker 2: They are fantastic.
Speaker 6: Uh Hey, if you want to follow us and check us out, we're all over the internet. You can find us at Conspiracy Stuff in many places and on Instagram and TikTok at Conspiracy Stuff Show.
Speaker 2: Do not forget the YouTube page at Conspiracy Stuff. Go hang out there for sure.
Speaker 4: And if you would like to kiss us on the telephonic mal as Lengthston would say, why do not give us a phone call? We have a number. It is singing along at home one eight three three stdwytk Matt. What happens when someone crosses that rubicon?
Speaker 6: Well, first they regret it, and then they are really enjoying it again and then regret sinks back in.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just joking.
Speaker 6: When you call in, you give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. And if you got more to say than could fit in a three minute voicemail, instead you send us an email.
Speaker 7: We are the.
Speaker 4: Entities that read every piece of correspondence we receive. We welcome it gratefully. You don't have to just reply to a thing that happened already. If you have a new rabbit hole, take us to the edge. We'll do the rest. We love the links, we love the pictures, we love the long stories. So be well aware, yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back, join us out here in the dark conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.