Speaker 1: Welcome back to The Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show, the special edition of The Stephen Ate Smith Show, which really is the Stephen Nate Smith Show because it's an episode dedicated to nephew tism.
Speaker 1: As they say with Josh himself, we already did videos, we already did your tweets. Now we're going to get to your phone calls. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 1: Behave yourself? Please? Please? Okay, let's go to Anthony and Illinois. You're live of Stephen. What's up? Anthony?
Speaker 3: What's up? Stephen Nate? As my question to you, my question to you brother is can we make your nephew a regular on your show? Why your nephew.
Speaker 4: Is my anti TV too?
Speaker 3: He must he must see to me, Stephen?
Speaker 1: Why why?
Speaker 3: Why? The man is? The man is quite entertaining? He swagged out. He's smooth with hell, sitting on your on your podcast with you. It should be you should you should change the name to the Smith Show.
Speaker 5: I ain't even I ain't even gonna say nothing like that?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you seeing him? Are you seeing how? I'm not gonna say nothing? Anthony? You know that that you seeing him? He swagged out, swagged out. Anybody could take a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of Jean's and take a scissors and bunch of bunch of holes in them.
Speaker 5: Anthony and Chicago, you got a pH d something like that.
Speaker 1: You sound extra smart.
Speaker 5: And Steve Stephen, they has a pH d that they gave him at his school for being famous. But we ain't gonna talk about that.
Speaker 1: But you said extra so so.
Speaker 2: Me so me graduating with honors, being one of the most successful graduates from the institution in the institution's history. That has nothing to do with me. See receiving an honorary doctor, It's only because.
Speaker 5: I'm famous, That's right. Honorary means be giving it to you again.
Speaker 2: You got a bachelor's because because because I've earned it.
Speaker 5: You earned a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 3: Stephen, that he got to be on your should man, he goat.
Speaker 1: And is he not on?
Speaker 2: You got to give him? You gotta take him in the listen. He could always have his own show. He don't have to be sitting next to me and don't bother me. But we both know he don't want that, no matter how much is sorry he has to say otherwise I do.
Speaker 5: I just gotta use I'm gonna use his credit card and star my own show. You don't worry about it's coming.
Speaker 3: To say, Hey, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Trouble maker. You need a more trouble maker, Anthony, we read the love, bro. Be ready to stop. Stop it all right, Let's go to Tyler. You're live with steven a Tyland, Omaha. Talk to me, steven A.
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 1: Man? Hey, I'm near the nephew. How you think is going for me? Man?
Speaker 6: How you think with his family?
Speaker 3: Man? You know what it is?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, bro, So recently I was in a relationship. I don't know if it's the Omaha women down here something like that. Everything was going well, right, We're paying back and forth on dates. The camaraderie, the banter was there, and all of a sudden, she just hits me with a text that's basically like, hey, this isn't gonna work. And this came out of left field. We had just gotten off going on a date pretty much right after that text came out. So stephen A, how do you not even how do you bounce back from that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: How do you make sure that kind of shit doesn't happen?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to a couple of things. A couple of points.
Speaker 2: You said y'all were going out and dates and was back and forth paying for the dates.
Speaker 6: Is that what you said I paid for I paid for the majority of them.
Speaker 1: The majority of them. But she actually paid for subdates one of them.
Speaker 6: And that's it. And that's basically because I had gotten up and she had paid for it.
Speaker 1: How old are you, bro, I'm twenty five. Okay. Secondly, I got to ask you a personal question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did y'all connect with each other intimately?
Speaker 6: Uh? Not on that level?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well if you didn't, well then you know I mean, I mean, you know, yeah, I mean she did. She she she wasn't feeling you, bro right, I mean we did.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 6: We didn't go all the way. It's just like we did. We did a little bit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I don't I don't know where you mean a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, all right, Well let me say this to you.
Speaker 1: You know she wasn't feeling you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you might have got close enough and it wasn't enticing enough for it to continue.
Speaker 5: How many dates did you did you pay for? Uh?
Speaker 6: Just about all of it? I can't remember how many.
Speaker 1: Remember what was it more than like can you count your hands?
Speaker 6: It's pasted like double digits. I think we went on like ten or eleven days. It was like once a week.
Speaker 5: Listen, I got if you if you're following me, which it sounds like you need to listen.
Speaker 1: I got her budget.
Speaker 5: I don't spend more than two hundred unless you know I cracked that third note, crack yourself.
Speaker 1: To get up watching.
Speaker 2: It's not lying to the public, because you know that's not true. You know, don't give me a C note analysis. Be quiet, Be quiet before you incriminate yourself even more. It's not small, okay, and you're playing around too much.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Next next call, let me go to let's go here, Let's go to Johnny in California. You live steven A and this dude, what's up Johnny?
Speaker 4: Hey, stephen A. I just want to say before I start, I'm a huge fan. I've been watching you since I was like fourteen years old, and I first started getting into American sports. I'm Mexican, so really I just follow like soccer, but I started watching you, and you got me into basketball and football more so, I just want to start off with that. My question I just want to give a little bit of context. My girlfriend and I just a couple of days ago. You've been together for two and a half years officially okay.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: Basically the last few months haven't been so well. Haven't been going so good. Me and her both lost our jobs, and we also lost the apartment where we were living at, so I had to come back to live with my mom. And it's obviously it's hard not having a job, seeing my mom work every day, and there's not really much I can do. But besides that, I'm trying to keep my relationship happy, and I'm sure the circumstances have something to do with I can noticeably tell my girlfriend isn't in like the best mood, not towards me, but I guess towards like the world. And I'm kind of just like I wish I could be that that pillar for her to be like. You know, I know we're both in a rough spot, but I'm here for you and I want to try to do everything that we can to get out of this mess. And I've heard you tell your story multiple times, so I know you're not you know, you're used to being in those type of difficult situations, so I wanted to see if you could give me some advice.
Speaker 2: Wow, a couple of things. First of all, I'm very, very very sorry for your situation. You're going to be a little bit quiet on this one. You understand what I'm saying, because it ain't like you're gonna give him some sound advice or.
Speaker 1: Just sit back.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the deal, Johnny, and I want you to understand that I'm not saying this out of selfishness. I know what it's like to be unemployed. I know what it's like to wonder whether or not you can pay your bills. I know what it's like to you know, be at home with moms and having to depend on that because you can't find for yourself.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 2: Having said that, here's the point that you need to understand, Johnny, can you still hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: His stuff that you got to understand.
Speaker 2: Don't prioritize saving your relationship, prioritize getting yourself back on your feet, because the relationship is partially in trouble because of your circumstances. Certainly, she's miserable because she lost her job, and her ability to take care of herself is compromised. But if you were still employed and you were in a position to help handle your business and ultimately help her handle her business, it wouldn't be as trying. The fact that you are in the same situation as her means you can't do anything for her. And if you can't do anything for her, why would she be happy. It's already unhappy for her to look at her own inability to really take care of herself at this particular moment in time. How you think she's feeling if she turned around and she looking at her man.
Speaker 1: And he can't do anything for her either.
Speaker 2: So what you have to understand is that, and it's not it's not right or wrong, it's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: But what you have to understand is that.
Speaker 2: When you are a man, your priority is to provide and protect and when you are unemployed you can't usually do either. So when that so, when that is your reality, that is a license. It's not to say you don't call it. It's not to say you don't reminder you love it, not to say that you don't show affection whenever you can. But when you and your circumstances are bad, you have to prioritize doing what you need to do to make sure you take care or you so you can position yourself to take care of her, and you tell her that you like Listen, I love y'all, want to be with you.
Speaker 1: I miss you the whole nine.
Speaker 2: But y'all, I gotta take care of me, so I can't take care of you. So understand that's what I'm gonna be focused on it. You tell her that that's what you do. I'm gonna give you an opportunity, Josh, to add. You ain't gonna add nothing.
Speaker 3: Think.
Speaker 4: Thank you can be as sill as you are, bro, Thank you God conversation.
Speaker 1: Thank God, you have nothing to add.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, Bro, Johnny, Johnny, you can't take care of it. You cannot take care of anyone if you cannot take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you say that, because I was just thinking, like, I have my own going un Luckily, before I lost my job, I took up a property and casualty license. Of course, that's what I'm working on right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, what I'm saying, I don't I don't need a soliloquy, I don't need a dissertation. All I'm telling you is you have to be able to offset her struggles.
Speaker 1: That don't mean you.
Speaker 2: Got to go and pay her mortgage and pay her car and all this stuff, but you got to be able to do something for your woman. Otherwise, your woman one day is gonna look your way and be like, why am I with him?
Speaker 1: He can't do anything for me. That's what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I was trying to like this soliloquy. I was trying to add to what you said that you kind of just pushed me to doing something. I was scared. I was just saying that I have you know, I have thought about telling her we got to do this ourselves. I can do what I gotta do, but I guess the fear of losing the relationship. It's scared of me.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna You're gonna.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lose it anyway if you don't take care of you, you gotta take the only Listen, when you are healthy and you have the capability to do for self, that's entirely different. If you were disable, it couldn't do anything from you. And you got a woman in your life that's dedicated. Now, she ain't gonna hold against you your limitations and your limitations.
Speaker 1: But when you healthy and.
Speaker 2: Vibrant, but you are devoid of opportunities and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, women expect you to go out there and get those.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to tell this boy for years that reality if it listen for every brother who won't as a neighborhood will always remember that. Never underestimate that. When it comes to a woman, that's just a fact. Not with every one of them, but with a lot of them. That's the reality, the situation. And as a man, you should be thinking like that because it should inspire you to want to get yours just so you can have something to give.
Speaker 1: Period. You need to listen to that, don't argue. Last call Keisha in New Jersey. Your live is steven A. What's up? Keisha? How are you?
Speaker 7: Hey, Stephen? How are you?
Speaker 3: I you?
Speaker 1: How's everything?
Speaker 7: I'm good? I'm good. So I really have a question for Josh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, go ahead, go ahead. It depends on what it is, Keisha, but go ahead.
Speaker 7: It shouldn't be too bad. Hey, Josh, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: I'm good, okay, so good for contacts. I'm thirty nine. I've been divorced for six years, but I am trying to get back into the dating scene right now, I do want to reconnect with somebody from my past, But how should I know? Like he's the one out of all the others, you know?
Speaker 2: Right now, hold on, before Josh answers, let me get this straight, Keisha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are a grown ass woman. You are thirty nine years of age. You are divorced. Okay, you are an adult.
Speaker 2: You are divorced, which obviously means you've been married, and you call up to this show because you want Josh's advice about how to how to get back in the game per se.
Speaker 7: Well, see, you know, sometimes I want to disagree with Josh, but he does make sense, like in the weirdest way of thinking, and I just want a dude's experience or just advice because God.
Speaker 1: God bless you and good luck Josh the floors.
Speaker 5: Or go ahead, so so real quick, I'm gonna make it fast.
Speaker 1: Take your time. I want to hear it. Don't rush. I want to hear this. So I want to hear this.
Speaker 5: So so the next guy you meet, right, I know how, I know how you like to like hold out and stuff like that. Oh my god, please do it on the first night and I'm gonna tell you why you do it on the first night.
Speaker 1: Do not listen to that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, let me let me tell you why you do it on the first night. Look, you don't want him to spend the next few months trying to convince you to do that, so you might as well get it out the way on night one.
Speaker 1: Time out. There's a huge difference between the first night and months down the road. Why I got to be the first night? How come it can't be a few weeks, a couple weeks something like that. You didn't have to say the first night.
Speaker 5: Because if she finds out that he's a waste of time, I don't want her to waste weeks find it out on night one?
Speaker 1: Give it out. Excuse me? You have a daughter? Uh huh, I do too. No, that is not advice that you give any lady. You don't sit up there and give literal advice. Oh.
Speaker 2: The first thing that you value your body, You value your soul.
Speaker 1: You value what you bring to the table.
Speaker 5: You value that, So you don't value the only thing that you can't get back, and that's Tom.
Speaker 1: Well it's better, that's a good question. Of course you value that. But the flip side to it is that who's to say that that's everything? It matters.
Speaker 2: But the point that I'm making to you is that it also matter is what you're giving up. Because let me tell you something, Keisha, Okay, and you'll know as a woman that I'm telling you the truth when I say this.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how much.
Speaker 2: You enjoy yourself with a man, you always walk away thinking about what you gave because you're because you, because because your because your body, your heart, your mind, et cetera.
Speaker 1: That means a lot.
Speaker 2: If you walk away thinking about what you gave, you gotta be cautious about what you give.
Speaker 1: Now. Again, I'm not telling you to wait forever.
Speaker 2: Will you do it at the pace that you want to do it, that you feel comfortable doing it. If that's one night, one month, six months, or whatever, fine, But the point that I'm making to you is you do what makes you comfortable.
Speaker 1: You don't listen to this man to.
Speaker 2: Say, oh, I gotta give it up on the first night, so a while, because why waste my time? That is horrible advice to give to any young lady out there.
Speaker 1: She horrible.
Speaker 5: She called into Nephewtism, not Uncle Tom and now I can't even get the word out, so you know what you do?
Speaker 1: No, No, I ain't gonna say go ahead, it's too late. You just DM me and then uh I did.
Speaker 7: But wait, I already DMed you and you didn't respond. I think he thought I was trying to ask you for money, so you left me all right now.
Speaker 2: I kind of think I think, knowing him, he probably thought you was trying to ask for something else. This dude is unbelievable. How did you possibly give that kind of advice?
Speaker 1: This is you right here? Keisha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Keisha in Jersey?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Well we're gonna end this show early because we in Jersey.
Speaker 1: No, No, set your ass down right now.
Speaker 2: Shows over, it's not overlough, excuse me.
Speaker 7: I'll be waiting for his response.
Speaker 2: No, no, Keshi, he was talking about getting up to see you know that boy said thirty nine.
Speaker 3: But I'm just.
Speaker 1: Any other questions, Keisha, I can't believe this.
Speaker 7: I think I think I'm gonna just wait for him to hit me back and see where this goes.
Speaker 1: You're wait for who to hit you back?
Speaker 7: Uh, mister Josh.
Speaker 2: Okay, hit you back for what? Because you want his advice? On a guy that you're interested in from your past.
Speaker 7: I mean he doesn't look too bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, hold on, you're talking about Josh. Yeah, hell to the no, oh my god, oh my lord. So so, in other words, Keisha, you weren't being totally forthcoming and honest when you called into this show.
Speaker 1: You said, you said, hold on it, you said.
Speaker 2: You have you are divorced, and that you want to date, and that you have somebody from.
Speaker 1: Your past that you were interested in seeing.
Speaker 2: And in less than one hundred seconds you looked at my nephew.
Speaker 1: And was like success, saying, yeah, you know, I mean, he doesn't look bad.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, the dude from your past is not the subject matter.
Speaker 1: It's Josh you do unsaying it right, He choose up, choose up. So, in other words, Kehip, you really called in here because you're interested in my nephew.
Speaker 2: Tobe.
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe I don't, I don't know, want to man, she probably one of the few day guys.
Speaker 1: Another call. You have a wonderful evening.
Speaker 5: Let me take it, lady lady, lady Keys, I'm gonna hit you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hurt.
Speaker 1: That's it for the special edition of the Stephen a smith schell. Lord, help us all
Speaker 3: H