Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast. Be sure to subscribe so we can get you these.
Speaker 1: New sermons every week.
Speaker 2: I hope you're blessed today.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. How about that new song? Huh?
Speaker 3: Anybody believe it in your heart? Somebody say God is for me. Look at your neighbor on your left or right, whoever's better looking, tell him, God is for me.
Speaker 1: God is for me.
Speaker 3: Come on, if you're grateful that God is for you, let's give God.
Speaker 1: The best, best, best best phrase. Oh come on, I think you can do a little bit better than that.
Speaker 2: Let's look up the name.
Speaker 1: Thank you Lord.
Speaker 3: Just while you're standing on, take a moment to our pastor today. Man, what a gift that he is to all of us, and what a gift Pastor Stephen pastor Holly are to us. I was singing about just this year, it's always so hard to come up here, and I feel like I have so much I could say, But just in the last year, I was thinking about a song, a sermon, and a conversation that God used Pastor Stephen to just deeply impact my life.
Speaker 1: Number one, more than abel.
Speaker 3: Yo. I wish I'd have wrote that song. I just I think about that. Can you imagine? And it just changed my life, changed my life, just changed my life. Last month we got together and Pastor Stephen took a couple of hours to pour into preachers and I was thinking about a talk that he did changed my life. And then I'm thirty nine. I turned forty this year and I'm a little bit depressed. Let me just keep it real, psycholled Pastor and I said, I'm freaking out, and he just walked me through it. And He's not only that for me, I know he's that for all of us. And I thank God for Pastor Stephen Ferdick. Pastor, we love you, we honor you, we're praying for you.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's show our appreciation. Amen.
Speaker 3: All right, grab a seat because I'm gonna read a lot of scripture and I don't want to keep you standing all day.
Speaker 1: Such a privilege.
Speaker 3: I do bring greetings from Sin City, Las Vegas and Nevada.
Speaker 1: But God is doing the work.
Speaker 3: Anybody been, anybody been? Anybody come visit? What do y'all do there? Like street evangelism? What do you do when you come? Do you witness. Are you all the people carrying the signs around the strip? Is that you preaching? Hey, if you ever do come, please come visit us. We kind of have a commitment with all of our friends around the country. Number one, if you had a bad weekend in Vegas, come to church, come to city like church. We have a commitment. We will pray for you, we will cast the devil out of you, we will anoint you with oil, and we'll send you home like nothing happened. You'll be like, man, it was great. It was a great weekend. I ended with church. Praise God, hallelujah.
Speaker 1: If you had a good weekend, bring your boy an offering. Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, all right, just amen, All right, We're here for you. You be there for us. We just celebrated five years as a church, and to God be the glory. We have been so deeply impacted by elevation and just literally sitting right over there at an event years ago. So you're the anointed section right over here. If the rapture happens, you go first. Okay, right over there. That really just changed my life and we really are where we are today. We're standing on the shoulders of this house and so I'm very grateful. Let's go to Matthew, chapter twenty five. I am a preacher, which means I yell it, I don't tell it. And if y'all get quiet, you're gonna make me insecure.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm already wearing my mister Rogers card again. Up here, I'm already feeling a little weird. Davite has my back. He's got one on too. I love you, okay, but so if you if you know, if you say a couple of amens, you're not gonna make me uncomfortable. You're gonna make me feel right at home, okay. Matthew, Chapter twenty five, verse fourteen. I also want to just quickly honor my friend Chunks Orbit, who means the world to me. I love you, bro, Thank you for thank you for your friendship. Matthew, twenty five, verse fourteen. The verse starts with again, and the reason it says again is because Jesus is telling us kingdom stories. He's telling us parables. He's teaching us about the Kingdom of God. And so he's been sharing different pictures, different stories, different ideas, different parables about the Kingdom. And now he's going to share another one forgive me. I have a six year old daughter. He's dropping blues clues about the Kingdom of God. He's showing us how the kingdom operates. This is important because you are a part of the kingdom. You're a kingdom citizen. Jesus preached the kingdom, but for most of us, we kind of don't know how the kingdom operates. So we have entered into this scene called the Kingdom of His dear Son. But if you don't understand how the kingdom works, you're going to be constantly frustrated by the king and his kingdom. And so Jesus is teaching us how the kingdom operates so that we can experience the Kingdom, which is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. So again, it will be like a man going on a journey who called his servants and entrusted his well to them. Twenty he gave five bags of gold to another, two bags to another, one bag each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. And that's where he is right now. He's on his journey. He's entrusted us with gifts, talents, and abilities, and he wants to see what we're gonna do with them. Then he went on the journey. The man who would receive five bags of gold went at once. He put his money to work gained five more. Also, the one with two bags gained two more. But the one who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money. After a long time, the master of those servants returned and settled accounts. The man who would receive five bags of gold brought the other five. Master, you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more, And his master applied, well done, good and faith full servant.
Speaker 1: How many want to hear that one day? Well done?
Speaker 3: I want to hear well done. I don't want to hear well you're done.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to hear that. I want to hear.
Speaker 3: I want to hear well done. I'm gonna put you in charge of many things. You were faithful with a few things. I'm gonna put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness. Now, now, the same exact thing would happened to the man with two bags of gold. We're gonna skip out of verse twenty four. Now, the one who had received one bag of gold. He came and said, Master, I knew you were a hard man. Now, time out, time out. You don't see that. When you read the text, you do not see Jesus as a hard man. You see him very kind, very trusting, very empowering. I mean, he's passing out bags of gold. Come on, somebody like, he's not a harsh man. He's not a hard man. I don't know anybody passing out bags.
Speaker 1: Of gold today. I mean, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: But see, his view of God was gonna limit his potential. This is why Tozer said that what you think about when you think about God, it's the most important thing about you, because your theology will dictate your purpose more than anything else. So he accuses the Lord, I knew you were a harsh man. I knew you were a harsh man, a hard man harvesting were e've not sown, gathering where you're not scattered seed. So I was afraid, and I went and hid your gold in the ground. See here's what belongs to you. And his master replied, you wicked and lady, lazy servant, you knew that a harvest where I have not sown, and gathered where I'm not scattered seed. Well, then you could have at least put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I could have received it back with interest. So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more. This is a mentality, It's a spirit. It's a stronghold of I have something. It's a good stronghold. I have something, and because as I have, God will give me more. But whoever does not have again, this is a stronghold. This is an idea. This is a mentality. If you don't think you have anything, even what you do have will be taken from them. I want to talk from the idea today. Multiply multiply, and I believe God wants to say a few things today.
Speaker 1: In Jesus' name. Can I get an amen?
Speaker 3: High five? Two more people tell him? Multiply multiply. Thank you, guys, thank you multiply. If I was to ask most believers in the room, most believers in America, what was God's first commandment to his first man, Adam, most of us would think that God's first command to his first man was do not eat the tree, but that isn't God's first command. God's first command actually was not no.
Speaker 1: It was yes.
Speaker 3: And you gotta understand that this is important because this is how God begins his conversation and his relationship with mankind. If God would have began with a no, that would have been very harsh. But God actually begins his conversation with a yes. Now, imagine for all the parents in the house. I have a daughter, she's six years old. If the nurses would have handed me that baby six years ago, and I would have held little Goldie Ray Chavis in my hands, and I would have just said, no, I don't know what you got planned. I don't know what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Stop crying. You better get potty trained quick. No.
Speaker 3: No, know those nurses are gonna take her as quickly as they gave her.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: My first words to my baby were not no. They were something like, girl, whatever you want?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can. I tell you.
Speaker 3: God's first word to his first man and his words to you are the same. They are yes. And here were his first words to his first man, and God blessed them. That's how God started his conversation. God bless them, and he said, be fruitful, multiply, subdue. This is all yours, Adam, go for it. This was God's first word to his first man. And if Adam would have been obeying God's first command, he would have never been tempted with Satan's lie.
Speaker 1: If Adam would have.
Speaker 3: Been subduing and multiplying and working the garden.
Speaker 1: When Eve would have said, hey, babe, come over here, I want you.
Speaker 3: To mean my new friend. His name's Louis. God bless you if your name's Louis. But uh, he's this cute little snake. He's been talking to me. If Adam would have been walking in his purpose, if Adam would have been walking in his blessing, and if Adam would have been walking in God's yes. When Eve introduced Adam to Lucifer, Adam would have said, can't out of my garden, because see, we all have a garden. Aiden is simply a picture of our life. It's something to work, it's something to multiply, it's something to grow, it's something to trust God with. Eden is your garden of opportunity, your place of possibility, the place of multiplication.
Speaker 1: And just like Adam and Eve had Eden, you.
Speaker 3: Have a life that God is giving you opportunity because see, Eden wasn't supposed to stay in the boundaries of those four rivers. Eden was eventually supposed to cover the entire earth. It was supposed to multiply, It was supposed to grow.
Speaker 1: And your life is a garden.
Speaker 3: And in your life there is the presence of God and the presence of an enemy, the voice of God and the voice of an accuser, opportunities and temptations, possibilities and limitations. We all have a garden. Your marriage, friends, is a garden. Your singleness where my single people at can I just hear make a little bit of noise, praise the Lord? Look around, see if anybody your singleness, your purity is a garden. Your heart is a garden, Your soul is a garden. Your your business is a garden. Your future is a garden. It's something that God gives you in a raw state that you can grow, that you can multiply, that you can enlarge, that you can fight for, that you can kick devils out of, that you can invite God into.
Speaker 1: We all have a garden.
Speaker 3: It's not fully developed, but there is opportunity all around us. God provided the garden the conditions for people to grow, something, to work, something to till, something to harvest, something to multiply. So here's a few things I want you to understand about the text that we just read from Matthew twenty five, and the first is this, God is a giver.
Speaker 1: Can I get an? Okay? Amen? At the nine thirty all right, all right, God's a giver.
Speaker 3: If you want to know how God treats you and what God does in your life, we got to go back to the most famous passage of scripture in the Bible, John three point sixteen. For God so loved the world that he gave. This is how God's going to do everything in your life. He loves you and he gives you. He loves you and he gives you. He loves you and he gives you. He loves you and he gives you. He loves you and he gives to you. This is what God does. And a lot of you are going, Yeah, I think God loves me. I think I'm cool with that. I've heard that scripture my whole life. Yeah, God loves me.
Speaker 1: He has to. He is love.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, he loves me. But God's never given me nothing. God's blessed everyone around me. But God's never blessed me. God's never given me anything. And if that's what you think, that's what you'll receive. I'm just warming up. I know where I'm at.
Speaker 1: I'm not lost.
Speaker 3: Because God's a God's a giver. God he gives to us. But here's the issue. I've discovered the issue now in twenty years of preaching and walking with Jesus for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Here's the issue.
Speaker 3: The issue is that the way that God gives anything to us is not usually in the form that we expect it. All right, we're talking about the kingdom, right, We're talking about the Kingdom. Mark chapter four, verse twenty six. God's Kingdom, Jesus said, God's Kingdom is like, oh, it's like seed, Look how small that little thing is.
Speaker 1: It's so unimpressive. That's the Kingdom. See. We think of the Kingdom as huge, huge.
Speaker 3: Massive, amazing, Oh my gosh. We think of the Kingdom as Air Force one flying into town with black SUVs and red carpets and dignitaries. And we think of the Kingdom as Buckingham Palace. We think of the kingdom as big. But the Kingdom never starts big. The Kingdom starts like seed. We were in the back. I have my musical director with me, l Eel. We were in the back and there's a picture of Day one elevation and pastors on the guitar leading worship with a shaved head, and I looked at him. I said, that's how it started anyway.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because we see this and we call this the kingdom. But Day one was just as much of a manifestation of the Kingdom as Day sixteen, Year sixteen. But this looks a lot better. Church planters like becoming and we're.
Speaker 1: Like, well, what the these? But it don't start like it starts like that.
Speaker 3: So when we pray, we pray for this, but when God answers, he answers with this. Sorry, and most of us miss.
Speaker 1: Out on what God is doing in.
Speaker 3: Our life because He is answering in a form we do not recognize. To stretch our faith, because if God answered every prayer the way you prayed it, there would be no faith required to receive it. Can I preach a little bit right now and a lot of you do you already have the ideal manifestation of the answer to your prayer. And I'm just saying it's actually not gonna start.
Speaker 1: Like this, go start like this. Let me prove it to you.
Speaker 3: The children of Israel, they're out in the wilderness and they're getting frustrated, and they come to Moses and they go, Moses, we are sick and tired of this desert diet, this stephen verdict keto, low carb, high protein.
Speaker 1: We're sick of it. We want bread, and we want it.
Speaker 3: No. Can I get an amen for bread in the House of the Lord today?
Speaker 1: Can I just get an amen? Thank you Jesus for bread. Amen. This is body by bread. Amen.
Speaker 3: It's a new workout routine, Body by bread.
Speaker 1: Amen. This is why I'm good for your past or.
Speaker 3: He eats the carbs, I mean, he eats the protein, and I eat the carbs off of his plate.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: And we're just a good team like that. And so so they're sicking. They're sick and tired of the they're sick and tired of the of the protein. And they say, we want bread, we want bread now. And Moses said, y'all don't want bread. Breast bad for you. It's gonna give you a wheat belly. You don't want bread. You don't want all that gluten. The we want bread now. So Moses says, I'm gonna go talk to God. So he goes up to God. He says, hey, God, they want bread. I know, I know it's not good for him, but they want bread. God said, man, it's really not good for him, but all right, you tell them bread in the morning. And the people rejoice just like we do. Right, go to cheesecake factory. We're sitting there angry. We waited two hours for a table, and we finally get that. We finally get to that table, and sweet Sally brings that brown bread and that white bread to the table and we all go, Praise God forgive me for everything I said before I got my bread. Now I'm a Christian again. Praise God. It's come to elevation, Sally. And so they rejoice. They're like, we're getting bread in the morning.
Speaker 1: Turn up. Well the next morning they wake up.
Speaker 3: Huh they they wake up and and and here's what the scripture said. And the Israelites called the food. See, I ain't call it bread. They went mana because it because it was white, like y'all see that, because because we pray for bread, Moses and and God gave us seat.
Speaker 1: Well, say what mana?
Speaker 3: Yep, Moses, we pray for bread, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, you pray for bread, mana, Moses, we were clear, right, warm fresh bread? Yeah yeah yeah mana. Mana is not an English word. Manna is a Hebrew phrase. And it's a question. Manna means what is it? I don't know if you're laughing because you think I'm kidding, but I ain't kidding. What is we pray for bread? What is it?
Speaker 1: We've been believing God? What is it? Lord? Didn't I make my prayers clear? Mana?
Speaker 3: Lord didn't I tell you what I was believing God for in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 1: What is it? It's seed?
Speaker 3: Because God don't make bread. God gives seed. And then they were to take that seed, bring it into their home, meal it, work it, turn it into a flower, bake it, and then eat it. Because God says I don't give fully formed answers.
Speaker 1: I answer in seed form to activate your faith to do something with it. And a lot of y'all right.
Speaker 3: Now are staring at the answer to your prayer, going manna.
Speaker 1: And some of y'all married the man of your dreams and.
Speaker 3: Ladies, some of y'all looked at him last night while he a snore at three am.
Speaker 1: And you win DA and some of you got your dream job in Charlotte, and you're going, what is it? Some of you thought you had life. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Now you're going, mana, Can I just tell you you're in a man of moment. You're actually right in the perfect will of God. You're actually right where you're supposed to be. It's just not fully formed yet because God has given it to you in seed form. But now you're gonna have to work that seed. You're don't have to do something with that seed because Jesus said I don't make bread, I give seed.
Speaker 1: And now Jesus would come out in John.
Speaker 3: Chapter six and say, I am the Mana that came down from heaven.
Speaker 1: And in the same way that Israel.
Speaker 3: Did not recognize the bread and Israel did not recognize Jesus, most believers in twenty twenty twenty three do not recognize their own answer to their own prayer because God is actually trying to stir up your faith. He's trying to build your faith. He's trying to stretch your faith. And I know you don't like this. But this is how the Kingdom operates, and if you're not careful, you will miss out on answers because you're looking for fully formed manifestation and God's going I'm a I'm a seed giver. I planted a church five years ago in a junior high school cafeteria that smelled like fried chicken from nineteen seventy two, which isn't good. And we didn't realize that when we were doing all the set up in tear down, we're doing pipe and drape and metal folding chair, all this crazy that we're set up stages, all this, and we were just so excited that we found a little cafeteria that we didn't really realize that they had these these big generator frigerators that were like industrials, super loud. So we didn't hear it until I got up to preach for the first time. And on the very first time that I preach, I.
Speaker 1: Got up and I go, hey, my name is Javon, welcome to City Light Church.
Speaker 3: Reach is a new church plant. And behind me, I just hear this chorus of demons, and I look at the front row and the whole front rows in panic. Everyone's texting you you just see the sound guy muting every ah, just freaking out. Everyone's tripping, and I'm going, what is it? And I'm going God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Let's just close our eyes and be still before the Lord. God doesn't shout, God whispers. And I stood up on day one, February twenty eighteen, and I went, what is it? Five years later, we've now seen over eleven thousand people come to Christ, and we're ministering the thousands of people every week. And now I look back and I go, thank you God for letting me start small so that I could appreciate any fruit.
Speaker 1: You decide to give me.
Speaker 3: Can we give God some praise in the House of the Lord.
Speaker 1: I've learned that God.
Speaker 3: Usually answers my prayers with ideas, instructions, and commands, not one amen, just a couple of uncomfortable groans. O.
Speaker 1: This to what I've learned.
Speaker 3: I'm not an expert, but I've been preaching for twenty years and now here's what I've learned. I've learned that God usually answers my prayers with ideas, instructions, and command not fully for miracles. I've had a couple. I love when they happen. But here's what I've learned. Even when God's given me a miracle, it's been connected to an idea, an instruction, and a command. Now I'm not anti miracles. I love me miracles. I believe God for miracles. I need a couple right now, amen, But I need to be open for the idea, the instruction, and the command. The Bible's full of if you will, I will, If you will I will, If you will I will, If you will I will, if you will, I will, And a lot of us are asking God to do something, and God's going, all right, I'm gonna give you a seed.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you do with it.
Speaker 3: So now that we've established that, secondly, we must steward whatever he trusts us with. I got a now steward what he's entrusted me with. The man who would received five bags of gold, he went out at once and put his money to work. So I have to now choose to do something with the seed God has given me. And this can be challenging because what I want now and what I want most are usually on the other side of the universe, especially when you're younger. Let me.
Speaker 1: See, can I see thirty and younger? Thirty and younger?
Speaker 3: All right, all y'all want now, But you got to start making decisions off of what you want most, because what you want now and what you want most, especially when you're younger, are so far apart. As you get older, they start getting a little closer together. But I got a steward what God's given me. Thank you for trying. That was a great clap. You don't have to tie today, You're done. If you tie, will reimburse you. Because what I want now is junk, but what I want most, and I got to start making decisions off of what I want most, off what I want now. And this is good news for you because see, as believers in the Lord Jesus, we get to make decisions based off of hope and dreams and vision, not just off of desire.
Speaker 1: See this, this is good.
Speaker 3: You're not powerless to your desires because you get to enter into a next level realm called vision, called faith, called hope.
Speaker 1: See. I got this little dog.
Speaker 3: Named Bentley, and uh, if you put any kind of food in front Bentley, he's gonna eat it because he's a dog. That's what dogs do. Dogs are animals. Dogs have no taste. You can put carrot in front of him, he'll eat it. He put filet in front of him, he'll eat it. You can put chocolate in front of you. Got keeps chocolate away. Gotta teach our daughter. You can't give him chocolate because he'll eat the chocolate. Whatever you put in front of him, good or bad, he will eat it because he's an animal. And before we fixed Bentley, hope your kids are in kids shirts.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: Before we before we fixed him, he.
Speaker 1: He iss saw at our entire home. I don't know holse to say it.
Speaker 3: He It could be a knee, it could be a pillow, it could be a couch, it could be a barbed wire fence. It didn't matter. Homie was gonna get his because he's a dog. But can I remind us believers in Jesus, you're not an animal. You're made in the image of God. You're made after the likeness of God. You've been filled with the spirit of God. That means you don't have to act out on instinct and desire and lust alone, but you get to make decisions based off of vision, based off of dreams, based off of what you want most not off of what you want now. But God gives us seed, and we've got a steward that seed. So God and trusts us with a seed. And here's what I've learned about seed that I if I eat this seed, it dies, it's over, it's done, no more potential gone. If I store this seed, it's dormant. Now I can take this seed and I can put it in my closet. I can put it in my pantry. I can play Tiffany's new single twenty four hours a day. I can plead the blood, annoint with oil, rebuke the principalities and powers, put a prayer cloth over it, put a prayer shawl over it. Amen, and I can command this thing to bear fruit. But as long as I'm storing it, it's dormant. But if I'll sew it, don't get uncomfortable. I'm just talking about your money. I'm talking about your life. Because most people are eating their seed and storing their seed. But if you could ever learn to sow your seed, now it becomes dynamic.
Speaker 1: Now it becomes a line.
Speaker 3: Now God can do something with your potential, do something with your gifts, do something with your time, do something with your talent, do something with your treasure. But most of us are holding on to our potential. We are hiding it, we are not using it. But God is saying, if you could ever learn to sow your life, if you could ever learn to believe me, if you could ever learn to take a step of.
Speaker 1: Faith, and if you could ever sew that seed, it becomes dynamic. And I'm not up here.
Speaker 3: Today because I'm the most talented or the most gifted, or because I come from the right family or the right pedigree. But I can tell you this, I am a sewer and I have chosen over the last two decades of my life to give it away, give it to the Kingdom, give it to the world, give it away to God, give it away to whatever God calls me to do. And I can tell you I'm not the most gifted person.
Speaker 1: To be up here.
Speaker 3: I've sowed my way here. Any sowers in the house believing for harvest, Come on, somebody, Oh, I wish you would have some faith right now that everything you've done, every prayer you've prayed, every seed you've sown, every tithe you've given, every time you've served the House of God, every love week, everything you've ever done for the next generation. God sees it, he said, I see every tear, and I put it in a bottle, and I will make sure to pay you back good measure, Press down, shaken a.
Speaker 1: Death, her and running all over. Come on.
Speaker 3: If you're believing for some harvest makes some noise. Lastly, sit down, you're scaring all the new people. Sit down, Sit down. Lastly, Lastly, little becomes much. You've been faithful in the little.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna make you ruler over much.
Speaker 3: And we don't like the But you got to learn to be faithful in the little. Because if you never learn to be faithful in the little, if God gave you the much, the much would crush you because you wouldn't have the capacity to sustain it. Some of y'all praying to become a millionaire, but you still aren't on time to work.
Speaker 1: You gonna do with.
Speaker 3: Millions, You're gonna hurt somebody with millions a dollar, you know, hurt somebody.
Speaker 1: You got to learn how to be faithful in the little. You gotta learn to love the little.
Speaker 3: Let me prove it to your Zacharichter four, verse ten, Do not despise these small beginnings. Don't be ashamed of your small beginnings. Don't despise it, don't roll your eyes at it, don't curse it, don't talk down to it, don't shrug your shoulders at it, don't belittle it. Because the Lord rejoices. And if God's rejoicing over the little, I'm gonna rejoice over the little to see that the work has begun. Don't make light of the little. Learn to rejoice over the little seed. That was the man's problem. He had one bag of gold, and he was comparing his life to the man who had five bags. And he could not see the opportunity that was in front of him because the seed looked small to him. The bag of gold looks small to him. This looks really small to me. But there is so much potential in this seed. So I can't see it like I see it. I gotta see it like God sees it. I can't judge my small place the way that I judge it, or by the way culture judges it. But I got to see it ow God sees it. Because you don't need much with God to do something amazing. All you need is a seed. All you oh, come on, so all you need is a seed. You don't need a lot, you don't need five bags of gold. You just need a feed, and you will see what God can do. See because none of these men decided where.
Speaker 1: They started, and neither do we.
Speaker 3: You didn't choose your family, You didn't choose your background, You didn't choose your family tree. You didn't choose your curses, you didn't choose your struggles.
Speaker 1: You didn't choose your last name.
Speaker 3: None of us choose where we start, and he didn't choose where he started.
Speaker 1: But we do have a say in our future because we have a seed. And all you need is a seed.
Speaker 3: Because we see this little seed, but Jesus sees the potential in.
Speaker 1: The seed.
Speaker 3: Got a beautiful apple here. If we cut this open, we're gonna find seeds in the apple. And here's the reality. You can count the seeds an apple, but you cannot count the apples in the seed, because in this one seed is an orchard, a garden and eden that can grow and that can multiply.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare give up now? Don't you dare give up? In the small Don't you dare get.
Speaker 3: Discouraged trying to start that business, trying to rekindle the love in your marriage, trying to get your family back, serving and loving the house of God. Listen, don't you dare quit in the small because there is an orchard on the inside of you. If you will not quit, if you will not hide it, if you will do something with it. Do you remember there's a woman in Second King's chapter four. She needs a miracle. Her husband's died and left her with great debt, and so now the debtors have come and they're gonna collect not only all of her possessions, but they're gonna collect her and her sons and take them away, sell them into slavery. She needs a miracle. Anybody agree like? She needs a miracle, like a real one. And she finds Elisha, her deceased husband's former boss, and she goes, you know he loved God, and you know he served you. Hook it up. I don't know exactly. I think that's in the Hebrew Amen, I don't know. I think hook it ups in the Hebrew language. She needed a miracle, and she asks for a miracle. But look what Elisha says, kill me.
Speaker 1: Tell me what do you have in your house? It don't matter. I need a miracle. No, what do you have? Who cares? I got to pay off my dinner?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But like, what do you got in the house, Elisha? Nothing at all?
Speaker 3: And I think at this moment, in my sanctified imagination, I see a holy ghost stare down begin to happen between Elisha and this woman. And I think he went nothing nothing, oh, nothing, nothing nothing? Are you sure you don't have anything?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 1: And I think the longer it went, I think.
Speaker 3: She went, you know what, this joker came like, call down fire, he can call bears out of nowhere to eat me.
Speaker 1: I better give him a better answer.
Speaker 3: Well, except I got this little flask of olive oil.
Speaker 1: You got something.
Speaker 3: Because Elisha knew that what she lost was painful, but what she had left was powerful. And what she lost was painful, but what she had left was prophetic, and that God didn't need a lot to take care of her need. And God didn't need a lot to do the miracle. So he says, what do you got? She goes, I got this little that got st jar evolva, And Alessia said, that's all you need because you don't need enough. Listen to me, saints, you don't need enough. You don't need to be talented enough, skilled enough. You don't need to come from the right family, you don't need to have the right education, you don't need to pray enough. You're always gonna feel like you're not enough. And that's awesome because God doesn't want your enough. He wants your little jar of oil. He wants your c Can I can we have a little bit of church real quick?
Speaker 1: He does? And then need a lot to do a lot. And he said, go.
Speaker 4: Together vessels and start to pulling your oil and it you'll start to pour and it still start to sell. God, will we will apply. You don't need a lot forgot to do a lot?
Speaker 1: Oh you need it's a seed.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm reminded of the little boy with a couple of pieces of fish and a couple of pieces of bread. Stay standing and make me feel comfortable now like this just a couple of pieces of bread, couple of pieces of fish, and and she says.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got twenty thousand people to feed.
Speaker 1: And they did not have enough.
Speaker 3: But the silk boy goes, I got a little fish, little fish meal from Long John Silver.
Speaker 1: Shout out to.
Speaker 3: Long John Silver's like, how are they open? There's never anyone in there is that not such a breaking bad kind of like. But y'all really sell them back there. But anyway, anyway, I digress, I digress. I don't watch breaking bad, Amen, I only watch the bashion of the Christ every morning.
Speaker 1: Amen. Praise the Lord, Hello, Lujah, Glory to God. What's breaking bad?
Speaker 3: Listen? It's not enough, but it's all I got. You guys, sing this song at your church. You y'all wrote this song. This says I'm not enough unless you come. Will you meet me?
Speaker 1: God? Will you meet me in my not enough? Will you meet me in my insife? And see? Will you? Because because I don't have enough to do this, and some of your parents.
Speaker 3: Are going, I don't know how to raise my teenagers in this generation, and I don't know how to run my business in this economy, and I don't know how to serve God in these times that we're in. And God is not asking for your enough because His strength is not made perfect in your strength. His strength is made perfect in your weakness. And God don't want your strength because your strength is weakness to God.
Speaker 1: All God wants is for you to say, God, I know this ain't enough, But here's what I've got.
Speaker 3: And when the boy gave Jesus the lunch, that lunch turned into a legacy, that meal turned into a miracle, that limitation turned into possibility.
Speaker 1: It's not enough, but it's all I God.
Speaker 3: And Jesus took it, and he blessed it, and he broke it.
Speaker 1: And then he didn't keep it.
Speaker 3: He gave it back to him JJ and said multiply. The multiplication didn't happen in Jesus' hands. The multiplication happens in our hands when we take what God has given us and we do something with it. Come on, use that gift, use that talent, use that ability, use that call that's on your life, use your destiny.
Speaker 1: Do something with it.
Speaker 3: And when you take it and you give it to God, God gives it back to you.
Speaker 1: Multiply. God gives it back to you.
Speaker 3: Bless.
Speaker 1: God gives it back to you. Broken. God gives it back to you. He doesn't need your enough.
Speaker 2: Hey, I hope you enjoyed the podcast, and if you did, make sure to share it and subscribe so we can get you all of these new messages as soon as they're available. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you who are a part of Elevation. Whether you support us financially, or serve with us, or just share these messages, it's because of you that we're able to reach people all around the world. And if you want more information on how to be a part of Elevation, click.
Speaker 1: The link in the description.
Speaker 2: Thanks again for listening. Make sure to leave a review, share the message, and subscribe. God bless you.