Speaker 1: I just wanted to know how you came up with the donkey of.
Speaker 2: The day, because you mean today there's a bunch of donkeys. That is why Charlemagne to remember life where we light our tongue based on COOLi layer thing we never was saying on the breakfast club. I'm the words of CHARLEMAGNEA god, he's a donkey. Ah Man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey the day to who Now, happy born day Bus to bus. Donkey of today for Tuesday made twentieth goes to the Harrison and Ross Mortuary in California. Now, first of all, I want to send condolences to Amantha Hunt and the family of eighty year old Oldest Atkinson. Okay, you know I'm not a funeral guy. Okay, I'm not going to my own funeral if I can help it, But I understand the process of the service. It is very important to lay your people to rest with class in dignity. But in order to do that, you need a mortuary that moves with class in dignity. That's the scary thing, right, you know how you know how I talk to you all about schools and how we drop our kids off the schools and trust these teachers with our precious seeds, our souls, outside of our bodies, our kids. It's the same thing with the mortuary. Okay, I know the spirit has left the body, but the body is still precious that your love doing. You want to make sure they are being treated correctly.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The family of oldest Atkinson, they weren't treated correctly at all. They weren't treated with any respect by the Harrison Mortuary. Let's go to CBS three for the report. Police, I don't look the rangement there to see the wrong body.
Speaker 1: When to meet the Hunts eighty year old uncle passed away. She chose Harrison Ross Mortuary to prepare him for burial, but when she went in to view his body, she says, it wasn't him. It was a guy laying there and my uncle soup.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't my uncle.
Speaker 3: What did you take?
Speaker 1: I just kept looking at him.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was just kept looking at him and kept looking him like what men He couldn't have got that dark. Hunt says she knew something was wrong and asked a worker at the mortuary for help.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh, yes, that's your ouklass.
Speaker 2: That's not my uncle.
Speaker 1: My uncle wouldn't have got that dark.
Speaker 2: And I said, here's a picture of him, and I'll show her a picture, and she was like, you're right, give us one minute. One minute.
Speaker 1: Hun says she and her family waited three hours while the mortuary fixed the mix up so they could finally bury her uncle. She still doesn't know whose body was dressed in his suit and has FOIULD a lawsuit against the mortuary over the whole ordeal. Her attorney calls the mortuary's actions outrageous for.
Speaker 3: Them to come in and see the wrong corpse and then for the mortuary to deny that it's the wrong corpse, and they need proof that it's in fact the right person. So we think it's really just the basic standard of care that they messed up on.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody came to see you Otis? First of all, that's not even Otis, okay, And we did come to see him, but once again, that's not him. I don't know the race of the people who run this funeral home, but clearly they believe all black people look alike. And what really grinds my giars about this story is the fact that when I'm telling you it's not my uncle, do you try to tell me it is. Okay, I asked the simple I ask a simple question often. Okay, this is my question that I ask. What do people hate more in this era reading our accountability? I want you all to think about that for a second. What do people hate more reading our accountability? When the family asked the mortuary worker for help, the employee insisted that the stranger in the casket was indeed their uncle. And this is why sometimes you have to keep a lawyer on retainer, because every now and then violence is justified. Okay, I'm trying to explain to you this is in my uncle, but you insisting that it is, and you have the nerve to put this person I don't know in my uncle's suit. Now I gotta make you explain to me why we shouldn't squabble. Okay. I'm glad we already at the morgue because this was going to be your next stop anyway. All right, this level of gas lighting, people not being able to admit when they wrong, making two plus two equal five. You walk into the mortuary, see a strange man in the casket wearing your uncle suit. You tell the guy working at the morgue that's not my uncle, and they basically tell you, well, he's also dead, so it's essentially the same thing. That is the era we are in, folks. Okay, people just make false equivalencies all the time. The funeral Holmes response was basically, who are you gonna believe us? Are your own eyes? That is truly our corporate media landscape too. That's what they do to us every day. They tell the people believe us, not your own eyes. Imagine being in a funeral home and they say to you, we can't find your relative, but we do have someone about the same vibe. I guarantee you. They tried to blame this on death swelling. Death swelling will have you looking a little different. But we all know our people. Okay, how you gonna tell me that's not my uncle? The man was eighty. We know them our whole life. Sunday Dinners, fish fries, Dan CALLI. So they was playing Domino's. I know home team when I see it. This man in the casket looks like he plays for a rival team in a different sport. You can't just put a whole stranger in my uncle Steve Harvey suit and think we won't notice what in the Freaky Friday. Listen tomorrow of the story is in life, personal and business. You should be humble enough to see your mistakes, courageous enough to admit your mistakes, and wise enough to correct them. Harrison Ross Mortuary in California was none of those things. So please give them the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the dog of the day, the dog all the day. Ye. And does the stranger that they had in Uncle Otis's suit? What about his family? Does his family know that they just had him in a whole other suit. That's what I'm saying. Who's looking for him? That's what I mean. Come on, man, it's the Yes, this is your uncle, this is him, that's him.
Speaker 3: And then she pulled the bitchalities on a one minute, one minute.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you figure this out, Jesus. All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey Today. Now, when we come back, the mayor of Newark, Ross Baraka, will be joining us, and we're gonna talk to him next. And don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.