Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get to you some moves in among specific stocks with us is Bloomberg crosss at Reporter M. L. Grafeyo.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm a little cold in here.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you something themed.
Speaker 4: I think the temperature is perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm you know, I'm thinking about those things you put in when you're hiking and it's cold. I'm going to get them, and I think put hand lingers. Yeah, you hit them and they warm up.
Speaker 4: They degrees.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not wearing Jackie here.
Speaker 4: It's perfect, Carol, not too far away.
Speaker 1: My nose is called. All right, let's get to some stocks on them move the pursuit of Warner Brothers Discovery A Sex been moving around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that stock dropped almost three percent today, and then in the postmark it's down about five tenths of one percent. We're, of course talking about Warner Brothers, Tiker, WBD, so it's at about twenty eight dollars and seventy five cents a share. Now, remember the Netflix bid was twenty seven seventy five and Paramount's original bid their idea was thirty dollars a share, So it's bouncing around, but there's some key levels to take into consideration. But the latest on this media deal saga is Warner Brothers planning to reject Paramount's hostile takeover bid due to concerns about financing and other terms. This is a bloomberg scoop, according to people familiar with the matter. So the Warner Brothers board still views the company's existing agreement with Netflix as offering greater value. And one sticking point here is that Warner Brothers is concerned about the financing proposed by Paramount, which of course led by David Ellison. A lot of that equity that they're providing is backstop by a trust that's managed by the wealth of Larry Ellison, and because it's a revocable trust, the assets can be taken out. So the idea here, I guess it adds some uncertainty to this, and Warner Brothers is saying, why would we go with that if we have the money from Netflix? We also got another headline that has to do with Warner Brothers, just basically at the same time that the Paramount news came out, but also that Jared Kushner's Affinity Partners exiting from their takeover battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's interesting. You need a whiteboard. But we're not done yet, right, so we'll keep an eye on this one. Well.
Speaker 4: And still even if Affinity Partners is out, Paramount's offer is being bankrolled by a list of influential media Middle Eastern investors, Sadi Abi's public Investment Fund, Guitar Investment Authority, the Abu Dhabi group called Lamot Lemot Holding Company, So there's still it's still a diverse group. I guess the question is does the group change if they if Paramount says okay, well, actually, really we really do want this. Yeah, well, sell some Oracle stock and pony up the deal.
Speaker 3: I don't know, should get in there, Tim tell them what to do. I'll also note that Netflix in the post market, it's up zero point six percent, so it's not a huge move, but we did see a little spikee on these headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to a firm that one talk to us about what is on your radar with this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is a buy now, pay later company. They had a industry event today. It's not doing much in the post market trade, but it was up about twelve percent in the regular trading session. The company's CFO said at an industry event, quarter to date trends were healthy. And this is according to an Evercore ISI unless that was at this event. I watch companies like this that do buy now, pay later because it's like, okay, like the company's doing well. But does that mean that maybe the consumer is more constrained because people are pushing off paying for whatever their food, their Christmas presents, agreed, they don't have that money in their wallet. Bloomberg Intelligence also had some research out today about affirm. They said that Apple's multi lender partnerships and adoption among millennials and gen Z can help buy now, pay later companies, including a firm.
Speaker 1: Okay, the same thing. We've had that conversation too, that if their business is off and running, what does it mean that consumers are just you know, doing buy now, pay later for more and more things. I feel like you go and buy anything online, there's always a buy now, pay late later option. Including if you go to sd latter.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, good segue.
Speaker 3: And maybe more people will be going to sdy Lauder now because Bank of America has raised their price target on the stock ticker EO. It was up over three percent today in the regular trading session. The company said it's its top pick in beauty for twenty twenty six, citing improved beauty demand in China and the US.
Speaker 1: Shina is a I mean, this stock is on a tear. It's had some issues, but China is a really important market for them, So that's that's kind of interesting to see.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.