Speaker 1: What's up, guys. Bobby here, Welcome to the Sampler. We're sharing highlights from some of the podcasts this week. Movie Mike spoiler free review of Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. I love those Planet of the Apes movies. Caroline Hobby sits down with the brothers Hunt. They're very funny, they're great songwriters. They have a great podcast. On the Bobby Cast, Eddie and I go through a list of the most covered country songs, meaning the songs that have been covered most over all the years.
Speaker 2: Some of them I don't even know. I never even heard of them.
Speaker 1: Also on the Bobbycast, Alice Randall her book Her Career.
Speaker 2: She started her career as.
Speaker 1: The only black female songwriter in Nashville. So we got a couple cool Bobby Cast clips here. Let's go now with a clip from this week's Bobby Cast.
Speaker 3: Help me.
Speaker 1: When I do my stand up shows, I talk a bit about the history of country music, and I tell the story about how generately, we'll say generationally every decade, every fifteen years or so, in country music, the same argument of well that ain't country happens regardless, it's cyclical, it hapen, and anybody that I've talked to from Kenny Rodgers to Garth to they all will have the same story of when they came to talent and since they were a bit different, they were told that's not country. And so but what I rooted in and usually now I'm from a rural town in Arkansas, So I say this about other rural, semi uneducated white dudes who go, well, that ain't country. They have no idea that really what real country is is the combination of Europeans with a fiddle and the slave ships with string banjo. Like that's if you want to say what exactly is country, it's those black artists and it's those Europeans, and that's what got the music to the Hills to even start to be created. Like to me, that's what the original country music is.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and I would just add this one.
Speaker 3: Thing, Please tell me I love to love it. So it's a Celtic.
Speaker 4: English, Irish, Scottish ballot forms plus the black influences plus Evangelical Christianity. You need that, that the Black church and that belief in God in heaven because if not, if you don't have that, you may have a blues song, you may have a country blues, and if you don't have the black influences, you may have a folk.
Speaker 3: Song, and all of those are real.
Speaker 4: But I think you're so right, and it's important to know when we're arguing about what is country, we're really arguing about what is America, because country claims itself and is in some real ways America's music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like normal, there's no such thing as normal, but like common, hardworking people's anthems. And that's that feels like that's where it started because you're looking at immigrants, and you're looking at people that are forced to come here. And it gets no more hardworking than people who are are either forced to find into life or have to move from their old life because it's so hard.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, life is hard. Is one of the rules of country music. I love this not to get into the wild, but sixteen carriages to me, when I heard that song, I hear the relationship to sixteen tons, and I assure you that song, which is a country stone country classic.
Speaker 3: But I would go up in Detroit.
Speaker 4: These man black and white working on the assembly lines.
Speaker 3: They knew everything.
Speaker 4: About sixteen times. They weren't digging coal in a West Virginia coal mine or Alabama, but they were working assembly line that same way. Merle Haggard hungry eyes. This resonates across lives when people are living hard lives. Johnny Cash, I shot a man just to watch them die. All kinds of mothers have felt that same pain. Country is hard music for hard people, which is one of the things I love about it. And my four Country rules are what makes us on Country. Life is hard, God is real, the road, liquor, and family are significant compensations. And the past is better than the present.
Speaker 3: The third one is kind of funny.
Speaker 4: The road, liquor, and family are significant compensations for the fact life is hard and blues there's no significant and is it true? I read somewhere and sometimes you read things, aren't you That One of your first interviews was Darius Rucker. It was my very first ever Well I read that and one of the things I tried that song of his from Hooting the Blowfish, let Her Cry. That's a country song. That's he says it now, but I was saying because it has a prayer in it.
Speaker 3: His mama, it is.
Speaker 4: God in it that changes everything.
Speaker 3: Oh Mama, please help me, won't I mean?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Get and this woman is about to go use drugs, but he is asking God.
Speaker 3: He's begging his God and mama.
Speaker 4: There is nothing more stone Country than asking your mama and God to help you get through something.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of that too, because he's South Carolina right, a lot of it. And I think, again, you're you're the expert. So, but I've fe like regionally, even for me, growing up, before streaming music hit, you could really only get what was around music wise, so the influence was whatever's in the store or unless you sign up for one of those eight pennies for twenty CED deals and then you get like a Chili Pepper CD. But it was all country music all the time. So if you lived in South Carolina, if you lived like Darius, if you live in Arkansas like myself, Georgia, if you so, regardless of what music you liked, all that regional influence was built in. So when Hoodie comes down, they're a rock band. There's so much country influence because Darius is from Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and what's going on in those southern college scenes they cross pollinating through the sports teams, through the SEC. There is so much of that rooted countryness in that What was the goal when you started writing the book? What did you want to when someone finished it? What did you want them to have? I wanted them to have an understanding of how black, white, and Indigenous people came in together and built this thing we call country and that we love, and that it already has been baked into it these cross collaborations, and it's the cross collaborations that actually make it amazing. I also wanted to go back and celebrate. I think life is hard and God is real, and those are some real centered thing truths that we all be better off holding onto, in my opinion, right now. And I didn't answer your question when you asked me.
Speaker 3: Five years ago.
Speaker 4: I had got diagnosed with cancer and that's when I thought, I've got to do this book. I've got to tell this truth of what I've been researching for forty some years and how this, how this hard this music helped me get through that moment, had helped me get through hard moments before that. I love country music because country music has helped me get through so much with the years, and so many other people.
Speaker 5: Cast up little food for yourself.
Speaker 6: Oh it's pretty, but hey, it's pretty beautiful for a little more, said he you're kicking it with Full Thing.
Speaker 3: With Amy Brown.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's Amy Brown from Four Things with Amy Brown. And here's what we talked about this week on my podcast. If you were to sum up the talk and like an elevator pitch, we can do that here. I'm going to link the Ted talk in the show notes because I want people to go watch the entire thing, but just some highlights from it, and then also your favorite part of it, like if you could only pull one chunk, Yeah, what would it be.
Speaker 8: I have so many different versions of the talk and so many different notes, and one of the things that always stayed in the talk every variation was I believe that everyone has the ability to pursue all of their passions all at once. And that's really important to me because I feel like we're told do one thing, or stick to one thing, or stay in your lane, and I believe that we're meant to be doing other things and we're meant to kind of explore and be curious. I mean to have stay curious as a tattoo. And that's been something that Bridget taught me and I've always kind of stuck with that. Is, and I talk about this in my talk, that we push our kids to try everything, but then we don't do that for ourselves. And so I think that giving yourself that permission of like, Okay, I can do this, and I can do this, and I can like to do this, and I can do this for free or for work or for pleasure or for hobby, Like that's okay too.
Speaker 4: My favorite part.
Speaker 8: There's a few and I bring up a few different things, but I think, like the very beginning is really cool because I talk about being an immigrant and being Egyptian and I've never talked about that before. Really, the biggest thing with my TED talk was that it gave me a voice and it helps me find my voice. And it's ironic because I talk for a living and you get this, but like talking and then having a real voice is two completely different things. And that was the first time that I felt really aligned with I'm going to say the things that are important to me, and I'm going to talk about them, and I'm not going to be afraid of what other people are going to say.
Speaker 7: That's way. It's good you had the bathroom break down because you were you needed to get to where you were going to be up there doing what was right for you.
Speaker 8: And I tell you how funny that was. I was in the Delta Lounge bathroom, literally like locked in a stall, crying, like full blown panic attack, can't breathe, like texting treeses, so like can you come back and pick me up?
Speaker 5: Like all the things, and.
Speaker 8: The bathroom attendant every time someone would walk in, she'd be like they're all empty except for that one, and I'm like.
Speaker 7: Oh why not.
Speaker 5: Some woman's still in there. She's still crying, and I'm like, I know it was bad.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 7: You needed to release and let it out. I mean some people have to do appointment cries where they do lock themselves in and like this is my moment to let it all out, Like gosh, it's the worst when you know that this would be such a good time to get it out and you feel like it could all go, but then you have to like suck it up because you can't cry at that moment, and it's like, oh, I feel like this is just like wasted. This could have been very therapeutic, and now I can't do it, So I'm gonna have to like appointment cry later.
Speaker 8: I have to get it outur myself to do that for many many, many years and never had an appointment.
Speaker 3: So I would just suppress.
Speaker 7: It until you explode eventually. So what would happen with that? I would get exhausted. It was exhaustion for me.
Speaker 8: That would like cause me to be angry or a little irritated or whatever. And then I would feel it coming on. I could tell when it was coming, and then I would just like burst into tears and like hide in my bed, get under my weighted blanket, look for my cat. There was no appointment, and that was wrong. And I learned that the hard way.
Speaker 7: When you were making the shift to like leaving your career at iHeart, which was a long one, longer than just the ten years a handful of years of the Bobby Bone Show, but you decided to completely change it up. What was that like for you? Was it scary? Was it exciting?
Speaker 9: Was it both?
Speaker 7: And how did you survive it?
Speaker 3: It was both?
Speaker 8: I mean I started iHeart when I was eighteen, and then I grew so much next to you and next to Bobby, and like I mean, I will say this that when I started my show at Apple, I texted Bobby, and I was like, I learned so much from you, And I remember starting my own show and being like looking back at some of the things that I learned from being on that show with you guys. I mean, it took three years for me to get back into radio, started a company, and you know, went down this other path, and I don't think I would have ever gotten back to it had I not started a company, because that experience is insane. There's nothing that could teach you the way that starting a company teaches you just everything you know. And I am not a finance person. I'm not a like calendar person. So I had to learn a lot and just kind of get out of my comfort zone. But I also created it in a way that stayed true to myself of like I'm still a talent, I'm still a host, I still do these things. I was doing stuff for soccer, like on camera work and doing that and keeping my creative spirit alive. Like for me, when I can't be creative, that's when I fall into my deepest depressions. And like when I can't connect to source and actually get that creativity going, that's when I'm the worst. So it was important for me to listen to myself and be like, yeah, I can start a company and I can do this, but I could also do this even though people were really against it.
Speaker 7: So that's when the story started for you of you're not going to have a lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Live Oh, the one, two, three, Sore Losers.
Speaker 11: What up, everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 12: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: It's Sison. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife. We do have a farm. It's beautiful, a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops. Hopefully soon corn, pumpkins, rye, I believe, maybe a little fescue. Oh to be determined. Over to you, coach.
Speaker 12: And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers. And here's a clip from one of And here's a clip from one of the episodes this week on The Sore Losers. Now, this is where you this is where you probably people get all weird. One person on social media tells you you're not good at something, and you start getting all in your damn feelings like you. It's like Morgan does the same thing, like Abby does the same thing, And I'm like, Arnold, can you console her please? Like coddle her. I mean, guys who gives up? Who gives up? Who gives up what they say? Who gives a damn if they write a little comment on Facebook?
Speaker 11: Guess what? They couldn't do what you do. The truckers, the farmers.
Speaker 2: Farmers definitely can't.
Speaker 5: A lot of.
Speaker 12: People think this is easy to come in here and have these thoughts and opinions and carry on a conversation because they can carry on a conversation on the farm.
Speaker 11: It ain't as easy.
Speaker 12: It looks okay, like I know, it seems simple, like, oh, anybody can just do this. No, because every Joe blow tries to start stuff and no one listens to their shit because no one cares.
Speaker 2: All right, this comes from here, he goes Edward.
Speaker 12: This is sensitive Ray. Guys, you know, big bad, macho man Ray. He's the alpha male. This is him. He I guarantee you he stewed on this for a couple of days. He probably went to Bay. Did you go to baby like Bay, look what they wrote about me? Or did By show it to you? How did it work?
Speaker 2: I just saw it.
Speaker 12: I was gonna tell you so after you saw it, I don't want to read it yet. I want to know what you went through emotionally and what you did with that once you saw this.
Speaker 2: Well, there are two messages. One was from Kyle Trueby I know, and then okay, one was from Edward Ward okay word.
Speaker 11: And after you read these, did you go show Bay?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 11: Did you send her a link?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I believe she was out in the living room. I was going to stop the podcast. I was just gonna do one for the week. I don't have to give him two podcasts three.
Speaker 11: Okay, it sucks, this is what I'm saying. So it's just what I mean.
Speaker 2: Kyle Truby does the shit emoji after we posted the podcast, and then you commented. Couldn't agree more? Just being funny, right, that's what you do.
Speaker 12: You just laugh at it like okay, cool, you don't like it, guess what, There'll be another one in a couple of days and we'll try to do better.
Speaker 11: They all can't be home runs.
Speaker 12: You can never satisfy everyone, even every chick I took home from six three back in the day, not all of them left satisfied.
Speaker 3: I promise.
Speaker 2: So then Kyle Truby fires back and says, wish Ray put as much effort forward as you seem to. Dude's a poser, as we used to say, Like what, I don't put any effort into the podcast. Like I listened to some of it. I thought we were both laughing at segments. We were both creating segments. I mean, bro, that's my energy. If that's not it, I ain't got much more left in the tank. And then he goes, he's a poser. How am I a poser? I say, I live in the country, I have a wife. I say that I gamble a small amount compared to what I used to. I don't know what I'm posing about. I say I work for the big show. I don't work for the big show. So that was that. Then we're gonna move on to Edward word. He then fired with the one that got me. Oh that the poser and the one that got you.
Speaker 12: Because here's the thing, I don't know how you're a poser and these what people don't understand is most podcasts don't have other jobs, so this is their one focus. They have to be on for one hour or forty five minutes in their entire day. Ray and I work another job. Ray gets here way earlier than I do. He gets here like midnight, one am, so you have to understand he's been at work for nine ten hours before we do the podcast. So yes, some days energy low, but also he's not as energetic.
Speaker 2: As I am.
Speaker 12: I'm loud, I'm obnoxious, I'm very animated. Ray when he animated obnoxious, normal Ray kind of quiet, like a little turtle.
Speaker 2: So Edward Ward said.
Speaker 11: Turtle, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: He goes the pod is cool. But I have to admit I can see why Ray Mundo doesn't get to talk much on the big show. So that's him saying that I suck on the podcast?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: Is that what he said?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I mean my response to that was we can only just do one pod a week? Why am we doing three?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: But if people say I suck at the podcast, why am I doing three a week? I don't care. It's not like it's really changing much of my life doing the podcast, right, Oh my god, Oh my.
Speaker 12: God, I never This is what's so amazing to me, right, But I mean, I'm even at one person on Facebook, but.
Speaker 2: There's no comment. That's why I didn't even respond, because there's nothing I could say to that guy like hey, I think I'm good at my job. Like I'm not gonna respond that, or I'm not gonna say, hey man, meet me in the streets freaking the sheets. I'm not gonna say it, but I'm and I didn't want Bazer to defend me. Thank god she didn't say anything. But dude, it's tough to get those messages on our personal Facebook of people that hate the pod. It's like, I'm sorry it's changed, but why don't you read the comments that are fluffing your ego?
Speaker 11: Blowing wind up your skirt?
Speaker 2: Dude? It makes the most sense, and every country artist says it when they come in here. I disagree. There's a hundred of them that are good. Those are fine. I really doesn't because the people that are positive is how I actually think of myself. The people that are negative is how I don't think of myself. So when somebody says something like that, I'm like, damn, do I really suck at this podcast?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: I was ready to just tell you, hey, man, because we're kind of crunching this week to do some extra podcast, I was gonna tell you, so don't even worry about the rest of week. I'm gonna take off.
Speaker 11: Dude, you can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I genuinely listen to Monday's podcast and I thought it was actually pretty funny.
Speaker 11: I really did.
Speaker 2: And so this one person say that I didn't put enough energy into it, and then another guy says that my personality sucks and he understands why I don't get to talk on the big show.
Speaker 12: I mean, you left out the one comment he said because someone said I disagree Ray in his out of leftfield comments is what keeps me coming back for more. Ray is the comedian and your boy Edward word he forgot this? You didn't read this comment? Oh no, we can agree to disagree because he's definitely no comedian.
Speaker 11: He tries way too hard. It's borderline annoying.
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel, Ray, Dude, I've already read that one out of for sure. Not done the podcast.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's Mike d And this week on Moving Mike's Movie podcast, I broke down what I think will be the biggest movies this summer. So far this year, we've not had a billion dollar movie, so I break down which movie coming out this summer has the best chance to cross that billion dollar mark. I also in this full episode, I get into my sportlift free review of Kingdom of the Planet of the Ape, which is actually crushing it at the box office right now, So we shure to check out this entire episode. But right now, here's just a little bit of my summer box office predictions, because so far in twenty twenty four, there's not a billion dollar movie. The only one that has come close is Due in Part two, which has made seven hundred and eight million dollars. Godzilla and Kong the New Empire is right behind it at five hundred and forty seven million dollars, and Kung Fu Panda four rounds out the top three with five hundred and twenty million dollars. But then there is a drastic dip between three and four. At four is Ghostbusters Frozen Empire making one hundred and ninety five million dollars, and that movie is really seen as a flop. So what we see here is those big franchises are bringing in a lot of money. So when I hear people complain about everything being a reboot, being a part of a franchise, I feel like a little bit the studios are kind of in a weird position because those are the movies that are making the money. It shows in the numbers, and the original movies aren't doing as well. Because Civil War, which is an original movie, is at number seven with one hundred and four million dollars. So I can see why they would bank on things that people know and that people have an attachment to, and that we'll get people excited and get them back into seats. But I also think it's a bad formula moving along because if we keep just reintroducing things we're already familiar with, we're never going to get anything new and never going to have anything push the envelope and create new franchises, create new sequels, create new legacies and movies because we keep making the same thing over and over. So what I try to do is support all the movies that I really believe in, no matter how big or how small. And that's why on this podcast, I review the big blockbusters, but I also review the smaller movies to give those movies more attention. And if you don't even end up seeing them in theaters. Maybe you watch them on streaming, and therefore you find attachment to that, and whenever there's a new one, you go watch that one in theaters. Because honestly, I get just as annoyed as you looking at all the movies coming out twenty twenty four and seeing reboots and sequels, because I also crave that originality. But I also know if I want more of that originality, you have to put my money where my mouth is and talk about those and go see those as well and support them. So let's go through the rest of the list. But we're going to probably notice a trend here of a lot of the big movies that get the most attention are not original movies.
Speaker 3: That is just how it goes.
Speaker 9: But first up, coming out this Friday on May seventeenth, is If, starring Ryan Reynolds. This is a movie about him and imaginary friends, which is interesting to me because we just had a movie come out earlier this year called an Imaginary which was a different take on the story that was the Blumhouse horror movie where a kid had an imaginary friend and that imaginary friend was killing people. But here it's obviously a much more playful movie. Dear Towards Families. You have Steve Carell as the voice of the big Purple Monster. I think this movie looks good in theory. It's directed by John Krasdinski, who you would know as Jim from the Office. He's also directed movies like A Quiet Place. And it doesn't really feel fully original. It almost seems like they borrowed a lot of different elements from cartoons, Saturday Morning TV shows, PBS shows. There's a little bit of a Muppets or Sesame Street feel to this movie, so it doesn't really feel like it's bringing me into an entirely new world. But out of all the big movies coming out this year, it is an original movie. However, I don't think this is one that is going to cross that billion dollar mark. It'll probably make around forty million dollars in its opening weekend. It is so hard to make a movie geared towards kids right now, to get families out into the theater that's not a Disney property, And so far, there's nothing about the trailer or any of the characters that I feel really screams to a kid, hey go take me to see this movie, so I don't think that one is going to cross a billion dollar mark. May twenty four is an interesting date because we have two big movies coming out that are very different, so you have some counter programming here On May twenty fourth. Furiosa a Mad Max Saga, which actually looks pretty good. It is the prequel to Mad Max Fury Road, which came out in twenty fourteen. That movie caught me off guard on how much I ended up loving it, and that was a theater experience that I was completely immersed in. The visuals in Mad Max Fury Road are some of the best of the twenty tens, and I think I wasn't prepared for that. I wasn't prepared to be so invested in the story, and it so greatly improves on that franchise, and it also got so much critical acclaim. For a movie like that to do so well, it was kind of a no brainer for them to do another installment, and instead of making a sequel to that one, they made the prequel. And I feel like with that attention it got from awards and all the critics loving that one, I don't really feel Furiosa getting that same attention because of the leads in this movie, it's Chris Hamsworth who is greatly trying to remove himself from thor and being the action guy. And then you have Anya Taylor Joy, who has become an incredible star not only in movies but TV shows like The Queen's Gambit. She was great in the Menu, but she is not quite yet at that level of movie star that is going to pull in a billion dollars. And then if you look at the history of Mad Max at the box office, Fury Road, although it had a critical acclaim, it opened to forty five million dollars and then ended up making three hundred and seventy nine million dollars at the worldwide box office, so it didn't even cross the half a billion dollar mark. I don't feel there being any more hype for this movie, so I don't think Furiosa will get there. Also, on May twenty fourth, you have the Garfield movie coming out, with Chris Prapt voicing a lovable Garfield who hates Mondays and loves Lasagna. I used to love Garfield and Friends the TV show as a kid, but none of the movies have really done the cartoon justice he had the original one which came out with Bill Murray as the voice of Garfield. And I remember when that movie came out, I was like, why is Bill Murray the voice of Garfield? But what actually happened is there is a famous directing brother group called the Cohen Brothers, and Joel Cohen is a part of that and Bill Murray has worked with him. They've done movies like burn after Reading Fargo and a lot of other movies, won a lot of awards. They're pretty famous in the movie industry. So he agreed to do it because he thought Joel Cohen was the one who was doing this movie. But there's a different Joel Cohen who spells it differently. There's one of the Cohen Brothers that spells at Coe in and this other guy named Joel spells at Cohen and he is responsible for writing movies like Daddy DeCamp and Cheaper by the Dozen. So he just blindly said, oh, yeah, Joe Cohen's doing it, I will be the voice of Garfield, not knowing it was not the same Cohen. So I think it's interesting that you have two completely different movie styles coming out on the same weekend, but neither of those movies are going to cross that billion dollar mark. I see Furiosa doing better and Garfield just will probably not do so well.
Speaker 12: Carolne, she's a queen of talking song.
Speaker 5: She's getting really not afraid to faces. So just let it flow. No one can do it quiet Carroll lone, it is time for Caroline.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, it's Caroline Hobby from Get Real with Caroline Hobby. And here is a clip from this week's episode.
Speaker 5: So it goes boat to Franklin, to Turkey hunting to getting bit by tick oh man.
Speaker 13: Okay, so what happened after you got so oh? You were in Franklin, got by the stow.
Speaker 5: I get out of the shower, I'm scratched my face. I'm like, hey, miss, and so I get up in the mirror and I like, this is sure enough embedded in my face.
Speaker 13: And it probably was very engorged by this time because you didn't know it was there.
Speaker 5: He was in there, he was plump.
Speaker 13: I said, problem, you don't want to be in Gorge. You got to get him before they're in Gorge.
Speaker 12: He was.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he was there. He's the exact color of my beer.
Speaker 13: It would be very hard read.
Speaker 5: He's like, what I was like, look, man, I need you to find the Tweezers. I have a legit tick in my face. He's like, okay, give me a second. Trying to find the Tweezers, can't find them. It comes back with a pair of needle knows plyers. So his p pretty much Tweeters are basically this. It's a good old boy Tweezers. I was like, hey man, hey man, this is my This is my face, dude. This is not my armpit, this is not the back of my knee. This is my face. Dude, don't mess this up. What I need you to do is gently.
Speaker 10: Just to burn it.
Speaker 3: It's my face, bro, you know what to burn your face.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So I'm like, and just so you know, by the time that I got there and did what he's about to say, the ticket already transmitted the feet.
Speaker 5: It was fat. I listened to a podcast about it.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, once it's full of blood, it has gotten its meal.
Speaker 5: I don't even know. So I did not give him spot a fever. The tick did. So I said, hey man, I need you to be easy with this thing. It wasn't like.
Speaker 11: Superman, are you trying to blame for your spot for everything.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? So I said off. So he goes like this, I mean I said, I need you to gently pinched the tick, twist and pull to pop. Get him out right. He goes bust the tic. I'm like, great, I'll just head to my codec to co write with half a tick just hanging.
Speaker 3: The head still in the face.
Speaker 5: Probably because it's my job to get the tick out of it. At the moment it was, I was naked and soaking, wet and late.
Speaker 2: I'm appy, sire, you woke me up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so good, wet, late, with a tick in your face, gorge tick in your face.
Speaker 5: This is another Tuesday morning in teg So we passed this. I started getting favors. Favors started happening like and it was weird.
Speaker 13: I remember if you tried to get back in there and get the head out.
Speaker 5: Or you just move on? Yeah no, no, I definitely. I definitely was late for it might have been with you, so I, uh yeah, I feel like I got it out and ended up going to the doctor a week later because I was feeling bad, and uh we did all they ran all these tests. It wasn't flu, it wasn't strapped wasn't any of that stuff because I was kind of throat swords, just wasn't feeling good. And she said, oh, by the way, have you been beenen by lately?
Speaker 4: Got to tell her that.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, I completely forgot you forgot about it. It was such a normal occurrence to pull ticks off that I wasn't even sweating it.
Speaker 13: Okay, so you weren't like me, like freaking sending your on your day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely so she was. She said, have you been been by any ticks lately? I was like, oh yeah. Like she was like, she's like like one or two. I was like, oh, like one hundred, you know what I mean, like Turkey season. We've been crawling around the grass for like five on me right now, Yeah, there's probably something right now. So she was like, well, I'm gonna start treating you for rocking a mount spot of fever, which is doxy cycling, which is a heavy, heavy and it. Yeah, so thanks for that. Couln't think the word. So she sends a tick off like you comes back positive for rocking abound spot favor.
Speaker 3: You saved your tick, so you saved.
Speaker 5: It, so sorry note she's blood. Yeah yeah, yeah, you're not saving your ticks.
Speaker 13: Your tick has exploded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just go down the toilet. They popped anyway, so it comes back. And the weirdest thing about having Rocky Mount Spot of fever is was the way I felt like it worked through my whole systema like, for there'd be three days where my head would hurt, and then there'd be like a week where my stomach was just totally messed up, and I was having to remember the fevers I would. I would be sitting here like just talking, then all of a sudden just randomly just start like get so hot, sweating to the point that I have to go down. And it would happen three to five times a day. And so that lasted. For that stuff lasted, and one day my muscles was hurt, joints were hurt. It was really a strange thing. And so you're making her feel real good right now.
Speaker 13: Had none of these signs, So I'm glad you get symptoms though.
Speaker 5: Fine, yeah there were symptoms, Like.
Speaker 13: Symptoms show up. I don't want to be like some invisible thing that you don't know you have in your body, like you're gonna know for sure.
Speaker 5: And so I just uh, I took the I ran the antibiotics and it it went away, and then I got it again. Two years later, you got it again, and I was like, I gotta figure this out. And so we started using Sawyers on our stuff and haven't had it since. You've never had any issues, never.
Speaker 14: Had any issues, been bitten by plenty of ticks. But I will I will recommend, like in the spring, like you know, if you got some outside clothes you kids are gonna wear, spray some saw.
Speaker 5: Yours on there. But we gotta know what.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but we do need to find the ingredients on these socer.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this. I'll tell you and this is this is the true thing. I have a buddy that doesn't he doesn't spray his stuff down, but he wears he'll wear like athletic pants, the you know, like y'all.
Speaker 13: Wear those workout pants athleisure.
Speaker 5: Yep, and they'll and he'll put his he'll put tight socks on over the top of them, and it'll literally keep tick because they're not like they can't like you. Yeah, like if you have a thin layer of something time fitting on under whatever you're wearing, then.
Speaker 13: You know, at least your bottom halve is protected and you just check your top half. Yeah, but the hair is hard. Y'all got a bunch of hair, so it's hard, I know.
Speaker 5: But we're not just like down in the weeds crawl you know what I mean?
Speaker 13: Can they like crawl up in there?
Speaker 5: We take a minute, you know, I got a long tour, so take.
Speaker 2: It checked that.
Speaker 14: I kind of checked the outer borders, like the hair border, just kind of running fingers and make sure.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 13: I'm very glad to know about someone who's surviving the spotted fever twice twice.
Speaker 3: Hear you tell about it a.
Speaker 5: Bit of a pro Yeah, some might say, hey, thanks.
Speaker 3: For listening to the Sunday sampler.
Speaker 1: If you liked any of the clips and you want to dive more into the episode, just go check out the full episode.
Speaker 3: Go search them wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: And if you made it this far, comment the books emoji on one of my last Instagram posts and I'll pick someone to send a sign book to.
Speaker 2: But only if you got this far.
Speaker 1: Just go to my last Instagram post and put a book emoji in the comments, and I'll know and I'll send somebody a sign book, all right, I have a great Sunday. Everybody