Speaker 1: This is Frosted Tips with Lance Bass and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, my little peanuts, this is your host Turkey Turchin on Frosted Tips with Turkey Turchin. Let me introduce my little co host for today. He's a nice little whipper snapper from Mississippi. His name is Lance Bass. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Impression of me how I start the show?
Speaker 2: No, that was my impression of how I start the show.
Speaker 1: Well, Turkey Turchin has taken over today because today is a very special episode.
Speaker 2: Very important.
Speaker 1: This one is all about Michael here because he has his fave Yeah, Jerry Hollow freaking spice girls, y'all, we tell stories about them all the time. How was your first concert? Your first CD? How Jerry disappointed you? Because the first concert she left two months before and she did the median she did. So we're here to finally at the record straight.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you I've never seen you make lemon water for people.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, so prepared it like an hour and a half where she even well she's about to get here an hour and a half before right now. I prepared it, had it nicely chilled in the refrigerator with some lemon and a nice picture. It's nice I brought out the nice cups.
Speaker 1: You are a great host. I know apparently when I host this show, I do not provide these things.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just trying to show you what you can aspire to be. This is a learning lesson for you this show.
Speaker 1: You're such a giver, such a giver.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: So Happy Halloween everyone. Yeah, you know, it's my favorite time of year besides Christmas. Can't you know I'm equal. I'm an equal opportunist with Halloween and Christmas. I can't say which one I really.
Speaker 2: I mean mine is Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's more fun.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why you're.
Speaker 1: Fun for now with kids. I think Christmas might I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Christmas is just like a nice time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I I'm super excited that we really took advantage of doing Halloween type things this month, because sometimes it passes I'm like, well I didn't really get to do anything that I really wanted to do. But because of the strike that is continuing to go on, we've had a lot of time on our hands, so we've done Halloween hard nights, we've done been not scary farm The Willows, which, by the way, and of course, if y'all don't live here in Los Angeles, I think it might becoming a different cities at some point. There is an interactive creepy play called The Willows. And so The Willows is a family and it's a wake that you go to. Only fifteen people go in. You don't really know who's an actor and who's just a guest, and you get to create your own character. So you first have this little, you know, soiree cocktail party. Then you have like a dinner, and then.
Speaker 2: This big abandoned like old mansion, like a ten thousand square foot.
Speaker 1: Man right next to the American Horror Story.
Speaker 2: House right next door to that mansion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so imagine that house. It's just creepy, old haunted. Yes, so much fun. But the way they produce this show, you feel like you're in a movie.
Speaker 4: I mean you are in the movie, you're in this house, and.
Speaker 1: You mean sound effects everywhere, the music gets louder. Sometimes when you go into the room and something's gonna happen, everyone gets separated.
Speaker 2: So it's a cool experience.
Speaker 1: I heard if you go fourteen times, you can see something different. That's how because I've done three now.
Speaker 4: That's how they get you fourteen times.
Speaker 1: Well, I've done it three times, and I tell you every single time is completely different.
Speaker 2: Okay, we eleven more times ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got to be on the waiting list because this thing sells out in two seconds. So go next year and when it comes to sitting near you, what else did we do this? Oh, trick or treating tomorrow. I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: And we just got back from New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, New Orleans, New Orleans Halloween. It's spectacular. It's loco, Yeah it is. It's so fun. The gays kind of take it over. I didn't know this, you know, I grew up kind of going to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: The gas take over every big Halloween down.
Speaker 1: Especially when you can like dress up as sexy anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Miami, growing up, like Lincoln, it was like the gays took over, you know, New York gays takeover.
Speaker 4: In LA the gays definitely take over.
Speaker 1: Well, well, this is for a big charity thing all weekend. It's the Lazarus Project, which is an amazing organization that provides meals and everything for people in need that are sick, and I just think it's great that all this goes for a good cause, but also good to have fun. So it was a black tie event the first night. The next night was the big costume party where we were like tron like, and then Sunday it was a nice little kind of farewell tea party. But I just I just love that city so much. It and we brought so many friends that have never been to New Orleans, and I think this was the perfect way to show them my favorite city. We went on a walking ghost tour to introduce everyone to the whole French Quarter. The food's amazing. It's just if you've not been to New Orleans, give it a try. It is just spectac especially if you love music and food.
Speaker 2: You should be the spokesperson for New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been trying.
Speaker 4: New Orleans are listening. Call us New Orleans call.
Speaker 1: Me all right, Well let's get to have too much time today.
Speaker 4: Well then let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So when we come back, we're gonna have the one and only Jerry Hallowe.
Speaker 5: It's Jojo Siua, host of the new podcast Jojo Seawe. Now it's time to get real, up close and personal. We're gonna be talking to you like I'm writing in a journal. You're gonna get all of the tea and all of the scoop. I'm also gonna be talking to my friends, the people I admire, to people that are drending right now. So you're gonna get like Jojo seawa now and like now, what's going on.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be great, and I really hope you like it. You can listen to Jojo Seawae now on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcas guests.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show today. We are super excited, especially Turkey Turchin. Yeah, you know he's excited when he makes lemon water for the guests. That's right, he's never made lemon water.
Speaker 2: Guest well, they were undeserved every year they were undeserving of it.
Speaker 1: So this is gonna be a special one because we have Geraldine A Stelle Hallowell Corner English singer, songwriter, author, actress. She rose to prominence as Ginger Spice, a member of the girl group Spice Girls, with over one hundred million records sold world ride. The Spice Girls are the best selling female group of all time. Their slogan girl power was most closely associated with Hallowell and her union jack dress from nineteen ninety seven the brit Awards, and it's also become an enduring symbol. We all know that one. Jerry has written two autobiographies, a series of children's novels, and now she has a brand new novel called Rosie Frost and the Falcon Queen out now, Cherry, welcome to Frosted Tips.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: What what an intro?
Speaker 3: Sometimes very good? You've got really good boy, Thank you good?
Speaker 1: I was I was the bass and so it's a very radio friend lead.
Speaker 3: It's very rich.
Speaker 1: Did y'all have so when Spice Girls? Did you have certain like did you have a bass? Did you have a soprano?
Speaker 3: Different? Yeah, definitely. I think I'm middle and enriched the middle. I would say, it depends what day you got me on. Sometimes I'm yeah, listen, yeah, who would.
Speaker 1: Hit the lowest note? Who could go low?
Speaker 3: I would say probably Melby? I would say absolutely, I'm distracted by your little Do you audience know about your little dogs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone loves some Chippendale.
Speaker 3: Chippendale's Oh my goodness, they're slightly and the.
Speaker 1: Cross a very thick because they have the does bark.
Speaker 3: Ever, you know what they get they do, you know what they've got to look on their face. We feel marginalized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had kids and they were just yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're no longer the children of the house. But it's their fault because they don't know how to pee outside. So if they're inside, they're gonna mark everywhere.
Speaker 2: They mark his legs up on anything.
Speaker 1: And you just can't do it. So sometimes put diapers on them, let them come in. But then sometimes they might snip at a at a kid. It's just okay, yeah they're.
Speaker 4: Not They are turning.
Speaker 2: Seven sixteen, very sweet in December.
Speaker 3: They are dogs that are our very baby.
Speaker 1: I've had my whole life, I've had dogs. I just always had a dog in my life and I don't think I could ever not have an animal around, especially well they I haven't had in a while, but breakups.
Speaker 3: You know what. Actually, when I lived in Los Angeles, I got a dog, Daddy. It's and it just kept me company when I was lonely.
Speaker 4: It's so true.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's and especially because I always had bigger dogs. And yeah, when you would go through like a breakup, it was just they know something's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, they cuddle with you more. They know what is up. And I just I love that. We don't deserve dogs. You do not deserve dogs you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: It's the most unconditional love you'll ever have.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: I even think that probably with our kids. Oh for sure, you could tell us.
Speaker 4: It's like I can tell you something I can't wait for that.
Speaker 3: I hate you, I love you.
Speaker 1: I know ours are finally saying I love you, and it's the sweetest.
Speaker 2: It is, too right.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get into your family. First, we have to talk about Rosie Frost and The Falcon Queen. Congratulations, New York Times bestseller. We're their newest book, Rosie Frosts Falcon Queen. So tell us about the book, because I know it took you nine years to write. So where did this come from?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the time I finish and start, it's nine years, I would say seven years in the process. I've always loved the power of words. You know, I'm no Mariah Carey. I would say my favorite part of being an artist is writing. But I always put my finger to the wind and say, what does the world need? Okay, And I thought, actually, I think the world needs a new hero, a different kind of hero, someone that's not airbrushed, and maybe that's vulnerable. And maybe vulnerability is your superpower, that you don't have to be strong all the time. And I always think if you can see it, you can be it. So whether it's in a movie, a book or music, you know, when you can identify with somebody what somebody's saying, or you see it, And so I always felt the importance of that. So I thought, let's find a new character. So that's where Rosie Frost nine years ago was born. And also the friends around her. There's boys in there. The boys are strong, but the boys cry. So it gives you permission for you you can still be You know that about boys?
Speaker 4: Know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true. I love that you said give permission because I say that all the time when people you know, ask about me coming out and being gay, were like, we did you know? Or why didn't you come out earlier? Like I said, because I was never given permission to come out. I was never given permission to be gay. I was always told by the world that no, you can't. Okay, so like no one said, yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 3: And sometimes we sort of process things through if through movies, through books, through music, and so that's what I've always done as a child myself. So I started developing this, and I think a novel, do you read a lot?
Speaker 4: You have? Not? Now?
Speaker 1: Definitely more audibles. I love the one to sleep every night to it. Okay, audible, but yeah, to get We've been trying to read this party training book literally for two months, and we still have not found it would take us just a day. We've still not found the time to just finish this party training book.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're go on and talk about party training in a minute. Okay, I can tell you about yeah, yeah, but right now, I understand you do not have time to read. For anyone that listening doesn't know that. We've got beautiful parents here, a two year old. They're in it. You're looking good, You're looking good. So here's the point. So if you're going to read something, you want something to escape, you want something that's going to uplift you and maybe fill you up spiritually inside out. Okay. I always like that, but it's like hiding vegetables in chocolate. So this book is action adventure, but it's also embedded with history, so it's it's a modern day adventure, but it transports you back to five hundred years ago. Okay. So Queen Elizabeth Firs, I don't know if you know about the Tudors okay. So she feels a school. Her mother okay, was executed by her father, so therefore she doesn't really want to get married. I'd put you off withn't it. Yeah, So she builds this school and it's a schoolful of polymss which really smart kids, in honor of her mother, okay. And she says, these students their ideas will be my heirs. Okay. And it's all on this island, which is a bit like Jurassic Park but for endangered animals. Okay. Cut to five hundred years later, Rosie Frost, she's sent there, Okay. She's like, her mother's just died. She said, what the hell am I doing here? And she enters what's called the Falcon Queen Games, and it's a bit like squid game, so it's very fast paced. But she meets the ghost queen of an berleyn and gives her four rules. And these four rules, okay, are we the same four rules that was given to Queen Elizabeth? I okay that she became the greatest queen ever. Rosie Frost uses these four rules to stand up to bullies, like to go through these games, and like to find the courage she never knew she had. Do you want to know what the four rules are? Because I think you might live by these girls, especially rule number four you live by Okay, So number one is take the chance, have courage. Number one is have courage, take it the chance you fear the most. So that would be a bit like, do you know what? I want to do something else? Do you know what? I want to move on and I want to have my own station podcast, I want to do something. I want to be a painter. I want to paint whatever it is. Okay, that takes courage to put yourself out there. Number two United, we stand divided before. You two need each other. Don't you without each other? It feels a bit wobbly. We pull each other over the wall. Okay. The third one is never give up, be the light, serve your kingdom. You'll win your fight. That means basically, if you're of service right to whoever it is, you know, whether it's to younger people or I don't know, you can be inspiring in some way. It puts it puts gas in your tank. Okay, that's number three. The fourth one is your all, it says Shakespeare, who also went to this school. Okay, to thine own self be true if you like it not. These rules make up your own And I'm looking at you too. You're making your own rules up again. So anyone reads this book, big action adventure, but they get the four rules, they can they can use them in their own life. Basically, that's the point of it.
Speaker 1: That's so great. And I mean, how creative you must be to come up with this story. Have you always been this creative even as a little kid and wanted to write books?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always loved the partner. When I was a child, my parents have a lot of money, and other people would go on vacation. Instead, I went to the library and borrowed a book and so I could get up. I transport myself through you know the power of a book or music. And so I've always loved writing, and so it's always something I mean you two are both creative people. Okay for the viewer, Okay for the listener. Here, I've got to tell you there is this beautiful painting of a zebra. Okay that you've done it, which is absolutely amazing. You need bigger white walls, really really talented, do you know what we just he needs to do well when he's like really really old, right, it'll be worth a fortune.
Speaker 2: I know he's going to have to kill me.
Speaker 3: I want to say it, but yeah, Okay, Carlo, who is a falcon queen? Okay, Rosie Frost in this school? Okay, it's got a falcon queen gallery. There is a falcon king gallery, but focusing on the falcon queen's free to Carlo, Okay, she was a falcon queen. You have a potential. Yeah, very nice. I really like it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna what if we just like fake your death for a couple of years and then you come back.
Speaker 3: It's so true the greatest artists all Hang on a minute, Damien Hurst, he's still I'm still kicking, He's still going and charge fortune. But I really do like that, Ziebra, don't you It's pretty cool, isn't It?
Speaker 1: Definitely speaks or.
Speaker 3: What's the guy from the sixties that is amazing? Come on, yeah, warhole, I mean that bright color.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I have a lot of because I love pops of color, Like I just need, like look at the pillows behind you. I need just fun things. His all of his paintings are always have some kind of crazy fun pops.
Speaker 3: He's you're the ying to the yang.
Speaker 4: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're very opposite, but it works.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 1: So did you write a lot of music? Actually, let me ask this. Do you like writing music more or writing books more?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the difference. Okay, I think when you write a song, it's like perfume or it's like a it's like a shot of coffee. You've got one moment to make someone feel something. Okay. So, and that's a beautiful thing with with With a novel, you're taking them on an adventure and you've got to keep them the whole way. So it's more like a seven course meal. So they're doing the same thing, you know. They're they're touching your senses and giving you escapism or giving you the voice. They're giving a voice for the voiceless or the words that you couldn't find yourself or just escapism. So it'd be hard to say, but fundamentally, I've always loved writing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in the same boat because I just never was a great music writer. And it's because I just know the story. I can see the beginning and end immediately, and I can just create this whole world and then I can write it with music. I can tell you the story that I'm horrible with melodies?
Speaker 3: Are you so? I like melody?
Speaker 1: Is that horrible? I really so like. Both of those just kind of deterred me from like really getting into the music writing because.
Speaker 3: I really maybe you could do it. So I like the top line melody. I can give you a top line melody that will be worming. I do a bit of the words, but they all serve a purpose.
Speaker 1: And just words, words, words and story.
Speaker 3: That's the official.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever tried writing?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 1: I've written a few things in my first children's book comes out next Halloween.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, as a writer, you know, it takes forever to.
Speaker 2: Get these on.
Speaker 3: Anybody that tries to write a book, you have my absolute chapeaux. It's such a discipline. Okay, do you have a like a discipline format of what you do. For example, I have to no phone allowed in the room. That's a creative killer, not allowed.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: This one was a little easier because this was an idea I had for years and it already had it kind of in my head. And it's a children's book, so it's you know, not many many words, but it's called trigger Treat on Scary Street because I like scary Halloween.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can see. So I just want to tell there are lots of lots of scary.
Speaker 2: I've been working on this, but this is like the least. This is the most tame this house has been. You miss.
Speaker 4: This is people asked, did you did you decorate for Halloween?
Speaker 2: And Lance tells everyone, now I.
Speaker 1: Know, because he thinks it's decorating for me. Usually have Okay, this is what I do for the holidays. I have thirty five Christmas trees of all different colors, and then they come for Halloween and I put spider webs and stuff all in them, and I put all these little electronic things and it's a scary fun.
Speaker 3: For like on a minute, just rewand you're emerging Christmas with Halloween. Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just like to creative it's like three months of just decorations that make.
Speaker 3: No s to me. We're not allowed to think about Christmas until you got through tow.
Speaker 1: And I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: I have a I have a look. I'm a holiday king. Right October first is the only time that I can start celebrating Halloween. It's true, like October first, and then right after the thirty first happens or day of the Dad, like November second. Yeah, then all the Halloween stuff is ripped off the trees and it turns into Christmas, and then you don't have to move.
Speaker 3: I wish someone had saw your face just then. You just you just look into Christmas. He looks like he's in a Disney Listen.
Speaker 2: He's been so depressed because this has not been like Halloween.
Speaker 1: Enough Again, with two year olds, it's it's hard to do what you really wanted to calm down something.
Speaker 2: It's enough, right, sometimes less more?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Too much on the table, you can't see the tree.
Speaker 4: I'm learning that.
Speaker 2: He doesn't abide by that rule, but I'm getting better.
Speaker 3: I tell what it's like. You know, when you see a really beautiful girl with too much makeup on, you see I can't you don't need that much. You either pick MUSCAA or the or bright red lipstick one or the other.
Speaker 4: Take this advice. Okay, I'm trying. I'm okay.
Speaker 2: I think is telling you this.
Speaker 4: You just need to look back.
Speaker 3: I think you've definitely matured beautifully. I think you've got even more handsome with age. You look really good.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet.
Speaker 4: You look amazing.
Speaker 3: It's insane.
Speaker 1: I mean we met, what twenty five years ago? Do you remember how you in Germany? And it was, oh my god. So we were in Germany on a clone or Munich whatever, and uh wanna Be had come out maybe a couple of months before that, and I mean that thing just blew up so big, and so we lived in Germany at the time. We would see your video all the time. We were just releasing our first song, and yeah, we were in the airport, were like those those girls.
Speaker 3: From that awesome You remember what happened though?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay? I said, oh, come then you were saying, oh, we're coming out with this song, blah blah. I went, okay, then come on, give us a song, and you guys sung a cappella and I went town you're very good.
Speaker 1: That's what we had to prove ourselves. I mean, because that's.
Speaker 3: What I remember thinking, These boys are really good at a cappella. That's what I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were sing at the drop of a hat because when we went to Europe, we didn't know what boy bands were, and we didn't know there were five hundred of them, like oh crap, and everyone thought that we couldn't sing. So anytime anyone.
Speaker 3: Would ask, yeah, that's why I do it, That's what really stuck out for me, I was like, okay, and I went well done, very good.
Speaker 1: And I'll never forget that because I mean, it was so early. I was seventeen years old, and I remember I had a big old ZiT on my cheek, so sorry, uh huh. And I was so I'm like, am I really going to take a picture with these girls with a big old ZiT on my face? It's gonna last forever? And it did.
Speaker 3: Because you just think about that. Here you are, now, okay, new chapter in your life. You've done all right, because some people that you know are young and famous. You mean, it's very difficult. And now I'm looking at you, do you know what I mean? I feel very proud if you were my sons. Do you know what I mean, You've you've turned out all right because my mother, she said to me Spanish, she said to me, when I was a little girl, my father tried to put me on stage very early, and she goes, I don't want you to end up like Julie Galland on Rugs, which is.
Speaker 2: True, it's true.
Speaker 1: And do you find I mean, I know you were solo after the group, but I loved being in a group because I felt like I was very I was kept down to earth a lot more because I look at Michael Jackson and Britney Spears and all these people there, they're just yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. They're never told no. And I think that's when you're get into trouble.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Interesting, I think you know, I didn't mind being solo, because there's blessings and curses of both. You know, one you get to you know, just you know, run whatever you want to do. Yeah, But in other ways, I really enjoyed the camaraderie. It's really that's really nice. I think, you know, it goes back to that rule number two of Rosie is united, we stand, divided, we fall. I think no matter what human beings like company of course saying we want to traveling, and they.
Speaker 1: Have studies that you know, you live longer when you have a tribal So have you.
Speaker 3: Seen that documentary Blue Zones.
Speaker 1: I've heard of it. Yeah, and we have a blue zone here in California.
Speaker 3: That is true. Yes, yes, you do. I've forgotten what it's called.
Speaker 1: And it's because of some religion that's very prominent there.
Speaker 3: So basically it's not what it really is about. It's a few different things because they're in very different parts of the world. These blue zones is one in Japan, one in Italy, one in America, and a couple of other places.
Speaker 1: And blue zones are for people that don't know this. The most centurions, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they lived to one hundred okay, And it's one thing is about work. Don't give up work, right, so you don't have to be really hard at it, don't stop keep moving. Yeah. The other one is family. Make sure that you're living close by your relatives so they help you a little bit. The other thing it's community, so whether it's through you know, religion or sport or something like that. It was a few and diet, it was just bad. It wasn't extreme.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's mainly a Mediterranean diet, so it's like lots of veggies, you just a little meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing was extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very doable. Okay, why don't we all do this?
Speaker 3: You're you're in the blue zone.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get mumblers on. Yeah, I forget what it is, but yeah, all right, let's finish up on the book before I get into like the real fun stuff here. So I have to imagine because you're you're think there's gonna be a three book series, right, have you written the next one?
Speaker 3: I've done number two and I've just I've got it back from the editor and I'm doing notes, which is hard, the hardest bit because it's like doing an operation on a body. You're having to like, oh, shall I take that bit out? It's like it's like rubbing, rubbing things out and making decisions when you're writing, and you put you'll probably go into the the next time. When you're writing, it's like just going on a venture. Yeah, and it's just a bit more fluidity and you get sort of lost a little bit. But this is kind of a bit more like surgery.
Speaker 1: What with this story did you plan on three books at the beginning? So do you know how it's all going to end?
Speaker 3: Kind of kind of I met. I asked other writers, and there's this one guy called William Boyd and he wrote any Human Heart. He's like, amazing, It's like the Bethoven. It'd be like me giving Humpty dumpty to Bethoven when he read my book right the first draft and he gave me. He gave me. This was like seven years ago, and he really helped me. He said, rewrite it, do this, blah blah blah. And he says, actually, what the best thing to do is structure it before you start, so you have this skeleton of what happens, which I didn't do a number one, but number two I did, and it.
Speaker 2: Makes it fast, it makes it Soone's usy, I mean, because I mean when I went to university.
Speaker 3: What did you study?
Speaker 2: I studied finance.
Speaker 3: But okay, that's quite useful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does. Is It would be so useful.
Speaker 3: Now you're an artist, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But I mean I had to write so many research papers just for my other courses, and you know, like thirty forty page papers, you know, and without doing an.
Speaker 4: Outline and now line when you want to hit it would just be it's a nightmare.
Speaker 2: But like in your head you're like, oh, but that's going to take someone sort of doing an outline.
Speaker 4: It's worth it's worth it.
Speaker 1: It's like a beat sheet and TV.
Speaker 4: It is like, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Do put your work in the outline and then literally is just filling in the gaps again.
Speaker 3: It makes so much easier. Yes, that's it. I sort of learned as I went really learning that price.
Speaker 4: That's how you basically learn.
Speaker 1: Are we thinking of a screen adaptation?
Speaker 3: I cannot confirm with.
Speaker 2: It because it sounds it sounds like it means such a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it already sounds.
Speaker 3: I cannot confirm.
Speaker 4: We love this is one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to really enjoy it because I love these type of books again because I love listening audible at night.
Speaker 3: It's audible. You can, but I don't know if it will give you send you to sleep. It's quite quite abrasive. There's two songs in it as well. You scan it, you get two songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so original songs come with the book. That doesn't happen much at all with books. So okay, how did you think of this and have we heard the song yet?
Speaker 3: They are out but you can only get it on the book. But I tell you what it is. So I've got you know, I've got six year old and when he was about three, there was this book which had nursery rhymes in the back of the book, right, and I thought, you just scan And I thought, what about that? If adults could do that, you know, on an adult or young adult book, you could scan it and get your own music. Because Rosie Frosch, he's for adults as well, like my husband's read it, like all sorts of people reading it. It's that age. Yeah. I wonder if we've got some spare copies in the car.
Speaker 1: We'll get it. I like to My thing is with friends that write books, always buy it because I just always want to support.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I always want to.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, that's very respectful.
Speaker 1: So we're definitely getting Wait, all right, so let's go back to the beginning. Where were you born?
Speaker 3: I was born in Watford, which is kind of like the overspill of London. Yeah, and so my mother Spanish. My father he's not alive. He's very English, very English from Spain to England. She was I think she was a nanny and she came over and that she married my father very very quickly.
Speaker 1: So when did you start performing?
Speaker 3: Probably when I was a little girl. My mother was at work and she'd take she was she was cleaning a big library and the library had like big long tables, and I would get on top of the table. My father act she likes Shirley Temple.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I just brought up Shirley Temple last week because I didn't know if she had passed or not. I don't think she.
Speaker 3: Passed. Yeah, she was the United Nations ambassador. But my my father tried to put me on stage when I was six as Seid and because he always thought, you know, he wanted to get like an English Shirley Temple. So that's when I started doing it.
Speaker 1: Were you more into music or acting first, if.
Speaker 3: I'm on it, and a bit of both, you know. I started writing stories at a very young age as well, So it was a bit of both.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think performing you're getting attention, validation from parents going.
Speaker 1: Oh, look, have you ever thought about taking those stories you created as a kid and turned them into a little coffee table book.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, not good, no, could be cute.
Speaker 1: Andy Cohen his first book was great because he just yeah, sleep sleep away camp. Letters he would like from his parents.
Speaker 2: My parents still have letters when I went to sleep away camp. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's quite sweet though. It is like dear Mummy, I missed you. Yeah, but he would just these people are horrible.
Speaker 4: This tasted like and I don't want to go swimming and it's cool.
Speaker 2: I just complained I never went to summer camp.
Speaker 1: Our summer camp was for five days, so that's not really you go for two months when we all go.
Speaker 2: Places, right, yeah, like a month.
Speaker 4: My sister would go for two and we had.
Speaker 3: To sleep in tents like legit is this a bit like what was that movie with Lindsay Lohan.
Speaker 4: The parents like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean, which is quite nice.
Speaker 4: It was nice. I mean it was expensive.
Speaker 2: It was like a nice but like I just hated leaving my parents separate anxiety, but I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was always a just saw give me the creep. I just wanted to tell somebody through the window there is a swing of this dolly figure with reddish hair and very green gray skin, and like red eyes and dark people's glaring at me. Ginger is especially dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ginger with me for a while, and she does create the.
Speaker 3: One that's my Shirley Temple.
Speaker 2: She's a young is Mike Myers over there?
Speaker 3: That's horrible at nighttime?
Speaker 2: Every time I welk into the kitchen, it's a slow.
Speaker 3: Why do you think people like Halloween?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 1: I love it because you can be someone you're not and kind of just disappear into a character. I can. It's always fun.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I love being scared because there's some kind of me too. There's an adrenaline you get after being scared.
Speaker 3: That's what you're after, is chasing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I do this thing on Instagram, the hashtag Lance scares, and all I do is just scare him and it makes the world. It makes everyone happy.
Speaker 2: So many yeah, people being to smile, people's faces.
Speaker 3: The power of like scaring him.
Speaker 2: I mean there's so many and I don't dozens and dozens of idiots nothing.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it's very Tom and Jerry. You two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he said he hated it, I'd stop it.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny. I mean he's scared, but I'm always laughing after it's so ridiculous. He doesn't do anything. He does stands behind corners and I walked there with like he's a camera waiting and then that's it.
Speaker 1: Now we've said this story many times on this show. I don't know why we tell this story about the Spice Girls, but uh, because we were talking about how in all the groups, you start to kind of get into this uh persona that's kind of put on you. I became the quiet, shy one, which I wasn't really at all. Y'all got your names from I think Top of the Pops magazine, so you know they put scary spies and gingers. But and then baby Space. Did you feel like that really was your character or did you really start leaning into that once everyone started calling to me.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like anyone put anything on us, you know what I mean? I actually think we all put on our batman suits. You know, it doesn't matter what it is, anybody does, whether they're a teacher or a banker, they put on their suit and then that's EPISODEA and they go to work, do you know what I mean? And we can all sort of lean into that. So it's for me, I think it's just something that you put on and it's okay, it's not fake. It's just a part of you. A room in your house you mean that you can celebrate and enjoy. You know. It's funny because I was I was coming here, I was like, Lance is the is baby baby? Yeah, that's why I said. I went to me. The energy you dres but talking about I'm not talking about actually the esthetic world. It's got the big blue eyes. I'm talking about as in yours. So easy to like, so easy to like.
Speaker 1: It did play Emma in one of the music videos in Germany. It was you cannot make a good baby spicejam.
Speaker 3: You've got that sort of very like everyone likes you.
Speaker 1: She lived at my house for a while. I moved to New York and so she rented my house when I lived in New York. But I never got to meet her.
Speaker 3: She's very nice.
Speaker 2: Stories and remember and your dogs escape and they were brought to prison by what they're brought to dogtail Victoria's.
Speaker 1: So I lived next door to Victoria for many years ago and my dogs. I had just moved into this house and I didn't know there was a hole in the gate. What dog was it? Dingo and Foster. There were like my big like first dogs I had when I moved to LA and so they, yeah, escaped and I was at a club and then I get a call They're like, uh, hi, we have your dogs at Beverly Hills Jail. Like what it's so I go to I had to leave the club, go and they're behind bars. These dogs are behind bars, and like, okay, is.
Speaker 3: That what happens? I get a dog jack.
Speaker 2: No idea.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I've ever heard this, and I'm like, well, who found him?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it's back the David back up next door, Like okay, I didn't know they were my neighbors, but there.
Speaker 3: Then they went to dog Jay, they went to dog Jail.
Speaker 1: It was cute though, it was really cute.
Speaker 3: Do you go I used to go to that dog.
Speaker 1: Park which one and Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: There's like everyone goes to that dog park up in the West Bollywood. Oh yeah, I know, Oh yeah yeah, Runyon Canyon, Oh yeah, run.
Speaker 1: That gets a little crowd.
Speaker 2: We haven't been to Runians in like a decade.
Speaker 3: I really is too crowded now.
Speaker 1: We're just yeah, looking back at your time, especially your early career with the girls, do you have a moment that stands out that you're like, wow, I can't believe we've got to do that.
Speaker 3: One time we were in this airport in Germany, by always started singing very beautifully.
Speaker 4: Stuck with her ever since. I mean so many it's hard to.
Speaker 3: Pin down one. Of course, you know, I feel very privileged. I'm sure you do to have experienced that, and I think if anybody, obviously that's a unique experience for anyone that hasn't. I think it's like university friends or school friends that you have a specific time together and go on a bench together. That's very unique. So I sort of like the little things I.
Speaker 1: Say that too about my guys, like this was our college years. Yes, fraternity, there you go. It's great, And then you'll never lose that bond. What you do as a teenager, that is your Yeah, that's your people, and if you'll love them, you'll hate them every emotional come up. But like that, so you can always kind of.
Speaker 4: Go back and on.
Speaker 3: What happened to the other ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't keep in touch with them really now. They're all great. We've we've all remained very close throughout the years and where they live. Let's see Nashville, Orlando, Justin's everywhere, Montana, Los Angeles, Bahamas, and then yeah, jac is here, so La Nashville or of course Joey is the one that stands out in your mind because.
Speaker 3: I'm sure his name and what happened to her?
Speaker 1: Uh, he's still doing. He hosts a lot of television, so he went to television after. But now we're all kind of singing again together, so we'll see. Yeah, you know, we all got together for a movie. We can't mention yah until this strike is over. But yeah, so we finally recorded a song after. It's fun. I think you girls would ever do another reunion.
Speaker 3: Potentially. I think every has its time. Like at the moment, I was like, you know what, Rosie Frost, she deserves my attention. I love being with the girls. So if and when that opportunity arose, great.
Speaker 1: You know, if there might be a future for in Sync Spice Girls in Sync Stadium tour would sound nicely. You could split the stage where we perform over here for like five songs, and then y'all take over this one over here and the fans kind of go back and forth and it could be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Just say you've thought about this I have.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm really liking about you. It's your accents.
Speaker 1: Oh, my Southern accents coming out.
Speaker 3: It's so nice because my.
Speaker 1: Parents were here last week.
Speaker 3: So okay, when you say y'all, is there a word that gets you into it?
Speaker 1: So many words? I mean y'all? Of course, if I even think of my mom, my mom, is there a word?
Speaker 2: I mean, you said certain words like like like foil, pink, oil, pink, pinch someone a pin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to pinch you.
Speaker 1: Say I'm gonna eat you ten times on the cement, the what on the.
Speaker 3: Semen semen the cement on the cements they say, cementmen semen, I'm gonna pinch.
Speaker 1: You, pee, pinch p you ten times.
Speaker 3: Almost got to be out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: My God's right, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: It's a very nice accent.
Speaker 1: Well you know it's forever, gentleman.
Speaker 4: It can't be, but you have like a subtle one.
Speaker 1: But when I started within Sync, everyone made fun of it so much, so I really wanted to drop it as quickly as I could, so I worked on just not sounding like that. But now I kind of appreciate it my older ears. I'm like, oh, I like like a little accent.
Speaker 3: It's good in your own leg.
Speaker 1: That's right, nice old Jerry. I know you have to go, but it's been such a pleasure getting to know you've seeing you after this wait.
Speaker 2: And more importantly, I have to say my first concert was the Spice Girl. I have one grievance. I went to the concert like two months after you left.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but then in spirit.
Speaker 4: The spirit you were it was. I was like ten years old my first.
Speaker 2: But then I went when you did the reunion tour when I was in college, I went right back. So I had my.
Speaker 4: First CD I ever got.
Speaker 3: Was amazing.
Speaker 4: My first CD too, termes.
Speaker 3: It's weird when you see someone that you know and then you see them in real life.
Speaker 2: It was my first CD, I purchased my first concert.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Thank you so much for supporting.
Speaker 4: Your success for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, gorgeous. I wish you the best of your family, and thank you for having me a little bit of America. You know what, I don't think I would have had the success I've had if it wasn't for America. America says to me when I was child, you can be anything and do anything. That's very America, right. And so I've been coming over here for Rosie Frost and coming back and forth bit of both.
Speaker 1: But America just loves you just in general, especially the gay community.
Speaker 3: I love the you know, I mean, what can I say? I mean, George Michael, my gaydar was so old. Marry him.
Speaker 1: Look, if George Michael could be your gay best friend. That's kind of.
Speaker 3: Lived with him, just not far, only.
Speaker 1: Met him a couple of times, but he's seen such like a lovely guy.
Speaker 3: He was amazing. He was absolutely amazing talent, such a talent that's perfume, and.
Speaker 1: Gave back so much, you know he did, didn't no one really even learned about that until after he passed, you know, he kept a lot of that.
Speaker 3: I think the more you give to the world, the world will give to you.
Speaker 1: Agree with that? If everyone understand that, Yes, thank you very much. Well well, well, Turkey, well, well how are you feeling? She just left the house.
Speaker 2: I know, I.
Speaker 1: Want to say that y'all got along famously.
Speaker 4: I think we did.
Speaker 1: And maybe you're her new GBF.
Speaker 2: I think I could be Okay, Actually I'm gonna have to kill her other friends she came with today.
Speaker 1: That's her GBF.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's her good friend.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I thought they were like he was working with her, so I thought you had a shot. That you do not have a shot.
Speaker 2: Of course they have a shot. It was the spark was started. You all heard it. You all heard our connection.
Speaker 1: Lovely woman, I know, so smart, smart, just I love her wisdom. Yeah, like really you can tell that she has done the work of just you know, really finding herself and wanting to do good and this whole girl power thing that she helps start in the nineties. I'm still going on today with the books. Yeah, I think it is so important everything that she was talking about. I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it makes sense. Yeah totally. It's just nice to be reminded every once in a.
Speaker 2: While of that, I know. Yeah, and I actually am excited to read that book. Yeah. It sounds like a new Hunger Games.
Speaker 1: This is and sow up my alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, I was saying, you know, I'm listening to one right now that reminds me of what she was talking about, because it is a series of shorter books. Yeah, why can't I think of the name of them?
Speaker 2: Oh, my God, I always fall asleep with in the first two minutes of you listening to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, books, this one sounds like I won't be able to fall asleep as much because it's more action packed. The reason I started this other book was because it was I googled what audibles make you fall asleep the quickest, and it's this book that's actually action packed. Is like dinosaurs and time travel and all that type of stuff. Oh, something about Saint Mary's.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's all.
Speaker 1: Of historians that go back in time to observe historical events. But it's very double O seven crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I literally had no idea that was what the podcast was about that. You've been listening to it, yeah, and like this is people talking.
Speaker 4: No, I have not been, because.
Speaker 1: It's it's very important to narrate. Oh, I didn't ask her who was going to narrate. I hope she is.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you are well. She says you have a great voice.
Speaker 1: Oh, great voice for audible. Yeah that'll be fun. So yeah, so I I think that this is going to be really fun like to listen to. But the reason that I chose the Saint Mary's book was because it said this will put you to sleep because the narrator doesn't really play different. It sounds all the characters sound kind of the same.
Speaker 2: That's why it's so hard for me to us talking like you.
Speaker 1: Just don't know if a man's talking, if she's talking like, you just don't know. No, it's just that she doesn't change the act sin slightly at all because she's British. So and then there's some books like Wizard of Oz. If y'all like to listen to books Wizard of Oz with Anne Hathaway, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's great's great and narrative.
Speaker 1: She has to like forty different so many voices, completely different voices. Yes, and I was super impressed, so that those are always fun. But again not good to go to sleep too, because you won't go to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get into it.
Speaker 1: Yea, how do we get off? Oh? Because she wrote about are we talking about Wizard of right now? All right, guys, Well that is all the show we have for you today. We hope you have an incredible safe Halloween week. Please don't eat too much candy. Watch out for those apples with syringes in them. What it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check for razorblaze apples as everyone knows that.
Speaker 1: And you know what do we We're we don't really get trigger treaters here Hill, so I'm always have something. But the good thing is we have all this candy from the kid's birthday paright that from Dylan's candy.
Speaker 2: We do not need it in this house.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a dim diabetic, so they please, I will lose a leg. So they give us some really nice candies. So if someone comes, they're gonna think that we're the coolest house on the block.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, they must be rat They're a ratch.
Speaker 1: They are ratchet. So yeah, I'm excited to take the kids. This is the first year they're going to be able to say trick or treat. Smell all right, guys, that's all the show. I've already said that before. I'm just like, I don't know why. I guess I'm just so excited that we had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, goodbye, and spice spice up your life.
Speaker 1: Spice up your life, all right, guys. Well until next time, be good to each other, don't drink and drive, especially this week on Halloween. Take care of those animals, and remember, spice up your life.
Speaker 4: You got me and frosted.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening, follow us on Instagram at Frosted, tips with Lance and my Tursenar and Atlant's Best for all your pop culture needs
Speaker 2: And make sure to write a review and leave us five stars six if you can see you next time.