Speaker 1: Hi everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm Devin Simone and I am Devon Rogers and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast. Yes it is back. Yes, I'm so exciting. This was an episode for the books, okay, so let's just dive right into it. Today's challenge was called Getting Tanked. The winners ended up being Olivia and Corey and Berna. Yes, so they have to vote. The winners decide to vote in Horassio. The House decides to vote in Kyland. Shocker. So then we have the draw. Brad comes in as the mercenary. Oh my gosh. In this elimination, Brad pulls the draw stick and it is Kyland. Ah. Kylon goes down into this elimination. It's called What's Going Down? And the winder ends up being Kyland. Kyland beats Brad. Y'all, Kyland beat Brad. Okay, that is a sentence for the books, right behind Kylon beat Durrell. How are you feeling about this demon?
Speaker 3: I have so many feelings about this, Like it's crazy because I love I want to see the champs win, like I don't know, you know, you just it's something about that gives me the warm and fuzzies. But in this scenario, I actually wanted to see Kyland win because I want to see him go back in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to see him shake things.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we're finally on the verge of this alliance being shooketh and I want to see it happen. And I feel like if we lost Kylon, it may set us back and it'll be a while before we get to see that happen. If ever, So I'm glad that Kylon is coming back in the house.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about it?
Speaker 2: I felt that this him winning was what needed to happen, exactly what you said. I can only piggyback, baby, Let's shake these tables up. Okay, Narrace, damn it. I'm gonna need you to pick a side. Okay, at this point, I'm gonna need you to pick a side, because Kylon, the fire is lit, Harassi on, the fire is Litza, the fire is the fire is lint.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now we just need to make some magic happen, and they just not doing it. So I have to know for this episode, Zevin, who were your gold Star and your Time Out?
Speaker 1: So nominees for gold Star ed It was a masterclass.
Speaker 3: The way Ed was up there talking about I got groupings, and I don't know if you caught the scene where he's running cross the truck and at one point, like Berna and them are handing him the letters and he's like, give them all to.
Speaker 1: Me, And I love that he just like like knows it and it's got it.
Speaker 3: And to me, he's like a walking version of the meme where the woman's looking at the different like mathematic things that are like printed in the air, floating in the air. So he's a nominee for gold Star. Another nominee for gold Star is Hirasio. The grace with which he's handled he's handling being voted in and going down there and being like, hey, I just want to keep my girl safe like nouris. I don't want you to go put yourself at risk, like I just respect that so much. And then my other nominee is Birthday Boy Kyland, And of course I'm gonna have to give it to Kyland, because not only did he handle it well, he went in like a champ one like a champ like all not a curl out of place, and so Kylin really just like took it out the plastic. He was acting brand new, like a brand new champion down there. So Kylin gets my gold star? Who gets your gold star?
Speaker 2: My gold star? I'm going to give it to Nourice and I'm gonna give it to Therees for a whole.
Speaker 4: Down.
Speaker 2: Do you understand she was holding her man down. She went over there. She said, okay, you don't talk you you You're not gonna go over here in defendal souse. I'm gonna over here and I'm gonna hold it down for you, okay, And she was just showing him like I really care about you. I'm willing to stick my neck out and go against the people that I consider to be my number ones. I'm gonna go and tell them, hey, you owe him, like you know, give him some grades, give him. You should pick other people. She just went over there and was his mouthpiece, and I thought that was really really cool of her. She's also on my time out, but we'll get to that when we get here. But yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but I wanted to give it to her. I also want to give it to Harassio for the same exact reason that you said, because he's handling He's handling this thing like okay, even the thing with Olivia, He's handling that with so much grace as well, because like, girl, you know what I'm saying. And then to just hear him in his confessional, San, I know she has my back and I know she's out there fighting for me and she's absolutely not Like it just breaks my heart watching that. But yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, So those are my I'm gonna give it to both of them. So half and half, I'm gonna go ahead and give it to the both of them. Those those are my gold stars for this.
Speaker 1: Okay, not you splitting up stars doing twelve loads of fishing twelve whatever?
Speaker 4: Can you hear?
Speaker 3: So my nominees for the timeouts, it goes to a couple of people. One of them has to be Jay.
Speaker 1: Jay is now Jay Jay.
Speaker 3: I mean he's managed to slip under my radar most of the season, but now, Jay, if you get a.
Speaker 1: Nomination for time Out of the week. I don't like how.
Speaker 3: He's He's being really snaky but also kind of scared. I just don't like what they're doing to Hirassio. Absolutely not a fan. My other contender for time Out is actually Olivia because I can understand, I can empathize with the fact that if she feels like she's not communicating, because all relationships take communication. You have friendships that like she's not being heard or hearing from Hoirasio in the way that she wants, then then I can understand her frustration.
Speaker 1: But girl, don't try and play us.
Speaker 3: For Boo boo to fool you over here talking about there's nothing I can do to save him. Meanwhile, your team's like, ah, I think maybe Hirasio, She's like, really, that's all that's what you're gonna say. I guess that's what you're gonna say. Girl, you didn't even try to stop it, Like, you didn't even pretend. You know, when people go on a date and they pull out their wallet and like fake like they're gonna pay now they know full well they're not gonna pay, and you didn't even go You didn't even reach your hand into your purse to pretend. Side note, I don't advise you do that on first dates, don't they If they invites you out on the date, then act like you're allergic to the bill weight let them pay, and then.
Speaker 1: Be gracious and think them.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so the winner for my time out of the week, though, is going to go to Jay.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see Jay down in that arena. I was so thankful that they were going to have the votes, just because I think it's time.
Speaker 3: Not that I dislike Jay, but I feel like you've been running things this whole time.
Speaker 1: You're getting a little messy with it, and now I want to see him go in. Who are your timeouts?
Speaker 2: The whole cast? Put everybody in the corner. Now that the whole cast, these are my time out people, Michelle, Asath and Colleen and there's more, but we're gonna start there with that team because I didn't like how they tried to sabotage Sharatio.
Speaker 1: That was so hard wreaking it.
Speaker 2: And here's the cold part about Colleen, Baby. They have continuously said your name, and we'll continue to say you're right, you know this, So for you to partake in this foolishness is just absolutely mind blowing. Also, I want to say Olivia, put her in a corner too, because maybe, girl, what are you doing? What are you doing? Just have the conversation and let's be done with that. Have this conversation. An other person to put in the corner. Surprise, surprise, harassio. I'm gonna put you in the corner and let me tell you why, because as an I understand, Yeah, he don't, he don't talk, he don't do this, he don't do that. But as your woman is over there fighting your battles, baby, why are you over here watching her do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna come over here and say, oh no, baby, I got this, and you know, speak up for yourself. He went over there here obed Olivia, but she was in the it was and the lions did.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah there you've.
Speaker 3: Seen that meme right where it's like a guy's like, yeah, I married my wife because when I go to restaurants and my food order is wrong, like basically.
Speaker 2: Is the one Okay, Well, then he could have went and sat next to her that she was doing that. I don't just have her and the lions did by herself.
Speaker 3: So then I don't say he sent her out there. I think she did it on her own.
Speaker 2: She's the one. Yeah, he didn't send her, but he saw her. He saw her out there with the lions around her, mouth's drooling because they ready to attack her, and he over there watching. I didn't like that at all. But I'm also gonna putting the res in the corner.
Speaker 1: Wally, putting the whole cast.
Speaker 2: Everybody gotta go in the corner. I'm putting the rees in the corner because baby, baby, and y'all know how I feel about the Reese. That's my baby. But after you called out the fact that they were sabotaging your maid, you called it out. You said they are sabotaging him, and then you also set out your own mouth. This shows me that they don't care about what I want. It doesn't matter what I want in this alliance. You still sat there and made a conscious decision. Well.
Speaker 3: She also said a burn vote. She could if she did a burn vote to vote for Kylon. She literally said that, She said, so she knew what the numbers were.
Speaker 2: You baby, it was a perfect opportunity for you to make a make a pick. It was a perfect opportunity for you to say, you know what, if y'all don't care about me, as I see y'all don't care about me, I'm gonna go ahead and take a stance and do something. But I you know, and and and Kylon is so loving, and I understand and I understand it no, she could have made a pick and did something, and so there are no honorable mention. Everybody gonna stay in the corner. I'm putting them body in the corner. Everybody's everybody.
Speaker 1: I will say this about nurse though.
Speaker 3: My thoughts are and we I'm so glad we have Kylin on to talk about this a little bit. But I will say this about nourise now Colleen, for example, Colleen is low on the totem pole.
Speaker 1: We all know that.
Speaker 3: So to me it's like, girl, yeah, what are you You're hoping to be at the end and they're almost at the end anyway, so you're just gonna get kicked back down, Like what are you fighting so hard for. Maurice, however, is high up in the hierarchy, which means the longer she can hide her hand, the more advantageous it is for her and everyone rolling deep with her like Odassio and a Kylin.
Speaker 1: So with Maurice.
Speaker 3: Just just just making space for the other side, I can see that if she and her heart didn't feel they for sure had the numbers, then it would be who of her not to show her hand. Yet, whereas Colleen, girl doesn't matter what's in your hand.
Speaker 1: Nobody care. It's not gonna doesn't it's not gonna change the game.
Speaker 2: And put James in the corner too, because who told you to go back and tell Mariah you miss the whole like ooh whom he should.
Speaker 1: It's the least nice thing, one nice thing you could do.
Speaker 2: Lord, I would have told her Jack didley didly didly didly Dan dang nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, he's done nothing else for her all seasons.
Speaker 2: I feel like he called her his challenge wife.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: Excited for the guests that we have today to get into it, to share with us their notes, to share with us some things that are going on in the house that we don't even realize, to give us an update on their relationship status, as well as a whole lot of other things, including why this particular elimination was so meaningful to him. That's right, we have the fabulous Kylin young on. You are not gonna want to miss this very very special episode. Excited to kick off and be in twenty twenty four with this kind of energy. So do your stretches, your calistens, keep your earbuds and headphones on, and stay tuned because we'll be right back with the fabulous Kylins.
Speaker 2: After this, we are back and I am so excited about this episode. We have none other than my big brother brother. Okay, he's done, big Brother, he's done us say one, and now he is here for battle for a new champion. Give it up for Kylin, young people.
Speaker 1: Yes, yay birthday boy.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, thank you so much for having me. I'm really excited to be here. You guys have been absolutely killing it with the podcast this season. By the way, I just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Really enjoy listening and I feel like it's hard to talk about something that there's so many people talking about and have a unique perspective, and you guys do so well.
Speaker 2: Kyln, we're at like nine thousand. I'm gonna need you to come up.
Speaker 4: Come up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna need you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you know. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to bring myself down because I found myself getting so emotionally worked up watching the episode. So I was like, I'm down, calm down, You're fine, everything's fine, like emotionally good and bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just like I was like, you know, man, you've already gotten like two and a half gold stars and needs to.
Speaker 4: Get more of.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we do throw a half in there that's.
Speaker 2: Devin isn't good for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I didn't see I brought you saw.
Speaker 5: I brought a mic setup because I was like, let me be clear, because I want to set the record straight on things, because I see some confusion and I wanted to make sure everything was crystal clear as we do that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you want to clear up. We wanted the people want to know.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I could.
Speaker 5: I could get off the rail so quickly and all the tangents. So I don't know what's easier. Do we go backwards? Do we start this episode?
Speaker 4: You guys are the professional, I just have sir nineteen seventy. Oh man, Well, you guys know I can talk and I so, so if.
Speaker 3: You're inspired, like what stood out to you in this episode where you're like whoa, whoa, whoa, that's not how I remember it, or wow, I didn't know these conversations were happening in the house, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was gonna say, Melissa, but this's cool too.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: All right, so this episode things that stand out to me, I mean number one, Rassi and Nourice, They're just my people and I love them so much. Like I mean, seeing the support for moment is always appreciated, and yeah, I mean truly feels like built up some some extra family in them.
Speaker 1: And so, but what did you think when on that Nourice vote And obviously she's we've.
Speaker 3: Had her on the podcast. It was great having her. She speaks highly of you. When she though did that vote for Emanuel episode, it kind of seemed like a vert like it seemed like you're what is perceived as your plan was going well and that we may see a big turn in the house and then she voted for Iman well and it just put like a halt on everything. So did you have any sort of strong feelings around her doing that vote?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that's the thing that sort of led you to being down in the arena?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, Jay has that moment, He's like, oh yeah, Nourice, like we're on the plan or whatever. No, Like, we had a whole conversation beforehand going into the vote, and essentially as soon as Colleen and James wavered were like, okay, so you don't have the vote, So Nourice like there's no point. You have this type thing with the Jay, like just like an Ostio says it during the votes, like don't jopardize your game, Like we had that those sort of conversations going in, and so we already.
Speaker 4: Knew that was going to happen. But for me, it was just like, yo, let's make the statement.
Speaker 5: Let's make it clear, like there is some dissension that every vote doesn't have to be an animus vote, doesn't have to fall in line, and let's make that as clear as we can.
Speaker 3: So so you're saying Colleen and then wavered in the sort of back room conversations, not because yes, before we walked in, watch it okay, because it appears like Colleen would have been down had Nourice said, you know, Jay, that college.
Speaker 1: Seemed like Colleen was ready to go for it. But because Nourice pulled back, then the everybody else kind of backed off.
Speaker 5: I mean, Colleen was more dependent on James than anything, and James very understanding, like I love James, He's hilarious actually, and we ended up rooming together after we switched our first rooms. I was in his room for like the second half of the game, and I was just like, no, like you're one of the only like he says that.
Speaker 4: The thing.
Speaker 5: He's like, I got a vote with this person that's keeping me safe, like and I was like, right, respect, yeah, absolutely, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: She has had your back NonStop.
Speaker 5: But then you have other people like the colleens, like the and we go back to that vote and Ed's just when Ed was being considered. They end up put throwing in James obviously, but you just have the these people, the Ravens, the colleens. I was like, that are finally catching on to the game that is being played. And I'm just like, yeah, I remember when we talked about that three weeks ago, like and Melissa was still here and we still had, like, you know, a chance to get these numbers. And I told you the exact things that you're saying. Yes, like welcome, welcome to to what's going on. I'm glad you guys are here. It's a little bit too late, but yeah, so that was one. So we knew Lurice was gonna do in that vote. And that's my thing is like, you know, we don't want to jeopardize I don't want to jeopardize someone else's game because they can have a chance.
Speaker 4: To help us later.
Speaker 5: So even jump back on one Erasio back when we won the the Bingo Banngo in the mud pit. He actually that's when me and Rosta I think locked in the most because he actually did vote with me putting Raven and so we had that split of the three to three split, and then essentially since we couldn't move anybody, it was a salemate. And then so I just tell him like, hey, we're not going to get this vote. I appreciate you for rocking with me. That means a lot, but go ahead, just switch.
Speaker 4: The vote stick with the group.
Speaker 5: You just need to make sure that we still have like our girls in Rasa and Olivia are still with us and that. But that for me, the fact that he was willing to stand up and do that with.
Speaker 4: Me meant a lot. But so that's when I really was like locked in on him for life.
Speaker 2: Wow, please walk us through the order in which it took you to finally say you know what, I gotta cut ties with Jay. Was it only when he first like said, okay, you said your name or what did you smell something in the atmosphere before then?
Speaker 4: Well that's what's kind of frustrating.
Speaker 5: I think coming into this game, you guys might see might have noticed, I'm the only person out of every single contender that walked into this house that has never played a game with the other people. Every single person has played with at least one other person in the house, if not multiple at least one year, if not multiple years. And so these are relationships that like, I'm coming in years behind and in some cases, and so that's what's kind of frustrating when you watch people are just like, oh, like, you know, there's the social dynamic that like you can't work the social game.
Speaker 4: It's like no, like there wasn't a there.
Speaker 5: Wasn't any place for me to like slide myself in until as long as people especially with this format where having the major alliance could be an easy way to coast because when you throw in people, they're going against champs, so you don't have a risk of them going against you, so there's no repercussions, and you have the numbers. As we've seen, so since most of the challenges are teams, you end up seeing that even if the person that you threw in wins, they're gonna win with a teammate who numbers wise, is most likely going to be in your line, so you're still gonna be fine. So there's just no repercussions with this format. And so I did kind of know Olympia, I knew Erasio Nuris. Those were people I'd met outside, got along with, and I was like, hey, who are we rocking with? Like, because you guys are the only ones I know who we're walking with.
Speaker 4: They're like Jay Michelle, And I.
Speaker 5: Was like really, because I got like, like, those are people that people always say not to work with and don't trust in all these things, and they're like, no, no, no, they have us. We got that, like, we are so good with them. And I was so, if you're good with us, I was like, all right, fine. So I walked in not trusting them, but literally having no choice if I wanted to work with the team. And so then it just became more of a matter of like, all right, well, let's see how this rolls out. And it was I told Adrossio literally in the first week we were rooming together, and I was like, just so you know, I'm ninety percent sure that there is not another guy in this house that wants you in the final besides me, So be aware of that, and he's like, yeah, we'll see, and he's like but Jay, and I was like, yeah, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 4: And then obviously we've.
Speaker 2: Seen, we have seen because Jay been eating this season. But from the sidelines though, that's the crazy part, like how often have you seen people dominate the season so far but from the sideline?
Speaker 1: So are they really dominating?
Speaker 5: So yes, but I think like Dave, you could probably tell as may have seen, and Devin, I know you've done a few seasons, so like when you do more seasons, you pick up these games. But everyone here is so new, so the only people who are playing the game are ones who actually came from games. J came from Survivor, Michelle came from Surviving. Michelle's a Survivor winner. Like yeah, so we would just have conversations like what are these idiots doing? Like they don't understand the game, and they're calling to survive one day as opposed to having any sort of long term plan.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, Jy and Michelle are running like.
Speaker 5: Things, but also because no one knows what they're doing, so it's just just kind of like not very hard. And unfortunately, there was like no place for me and Jay, like I got nothing personal against today, but in the game, like obviously he didn't want me and my number one to move forward, so it just was like and then that's Michelle's rider die. So it was it was just so tricky because me and Michelle can never get on the same page because it's like, well, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Yo, who are your number one? I want to protect my girls.
Speaker 5: Obviously we've seen there's a lot of people she wanted to protect, but I did kind of feel that she her number one girls were like Mariah, Olivia and Nourice at least coming in and I was like, perfect, those are the girls I want to protect, so we could work together if.
Speaker 4: You if you wanted your number one to not come after me. And it was just like, but I did.
Speaker 5: The mistake that I did make is I did think that Michelle had a lot more control over Jay than she did and everyone did, and that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing the I think she did too.
Speaker 3: But yes, yeah, like you know, we call her the Godfather. I call her the Godfather this season because that's like the vibe she's giving and it definitely as we're watching right now, at least I feel like they've shown some teasers that seem like some things start to happen or whatever, but she definitely seems like she's the one really running things or moving things.
Speaker 5: She played with the most people in the house, so you know, like having like it's one thing to know people for a long time. It's nothing to play a game with these games such that tight bond.
Speaker 1: She tried to recruit Davon and I last episode. I believe Michelle we are onto Michelle.
Speaker 5: Michelle is very good at that because, yeah, she says, well, she she picks. She's very specific in like what she says or like I sholl here's my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: That Michelle wud say.
Speaker 5: Michelle's like, I didn't say your name when they asked like who should we go after? And I was like, yeah, but if there's seven people and you say, hey, you can go, don't go after these six and you don't list my name, that's the same thing.
Speaker 4: And she's like, well, but I didn't say your name. It's like, yeah, you did it. That's dumb.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, very.
Speaker 3: Very smart was speaking of, which I feel like we saw a little bit a bit of that in this episode with Olivia. So where the Harassio boat comes up, and she in her confessionals, is like, there's nothing I can do. And then we see, you know, when they're saying the you know, the teammates are like, I'm thinking her, She's just like, you're not going to change your mind. She didn't say you need to change your mind. She didn't even ask are you going to change your mind? She didn't say what can I.
Speaker 2: Do to the change your mind? She just she just.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, sounds like you already know.
Speaker 3: Like what Ann Bord on the Street is is that behind the scenes she was sort of saying that she already want to get Harassio out.
Speaker 1: Did you hear anything like that? Or And what was your take in watching sort of what went down in this episode when her team had to deliberate on who they wanted to send down.
Speaker 4: So here's what I would say.
Speaker 5: This is the probably the only the only place where I really felt like some some heartbreak and watching this episode specifically like it sent that twins with pain, I was like, Damn, that's rough because could she have changed that vote with her team? Probably not, but could she have tried without any repercussions? It was not going to hurt her game one single, iota to say to fight really hard, just like you said to say some like I'm not gonna change your minds, Like no, you guys have change your minds.
Speaker 4: Like we've seen people.
Speaker 5: We saw Rasio, yeah, for me and the other one, we saw me like we've seen it, like like we still had that belief in her. We're like, yo, like you you you obviously want to protect Rassio, right, And I think like so much for he did want to. But then the thing that hurt me was in that confessional when she said, you know they want to put him in and like why should I stop them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I just was like, ooh, like this guy, like uh, the way that he has her back and he mentions it later on the game like I thought my actions was speak louder than my words.
Speaker 4: He doesn't talk that much.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of conversations about how he does need to talk more. Me and Hi would talk because I was like, last game, you didn't have power. I get it, you got you were just kind of subject to being thrown in. But this game, you are a presence in a force in this house.
Speaker 4: You're somebody.
Speaker 3: I never realized he was so I mean, like okay in Rider Dies, I just thought he was the hot, brooding type, you know, but when he came on the podcast, he was great with Anissa and me, like he was talking it so hearing everyone in the house, and the consensus being that he's sort of this silent type is really I wonder how many listeners are surprised by that, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I find that a little bit surprising.
Speaker 3: I also wonder if maybe Olivia was targeting him, because deep down she's really just hurt, right, like maybe they speak two different language.
Speaker 5: They do, they definitely do, but it was just I don't know, and I'm the biggest benefit of the doubt person for everyone. So it's it's sometimes my jutriment, but it's not something I feel like I would ever want to change. It was just the actions, not words saying like Maurice talks about it at the bar, Olivia kind of over like ignores it, but Rastio brings up.
Speaker 4: It's like Yo, at this point of the game, he had had.
Speaker 5: The most tied for the most opportunity, yeah, of power, and he had been consistently protecting Jay all the people they said he would, and so for them to turn around and just say like, well, you know, we don't really know where you're at. It's like, how about you pay attention to what I've done, Like like, yeah, if we're not talking, I get it, but have a nice show. Why don't actions speak louder than words? And that was very disappointing, but at the same time, like it's one of those things where if you're a Jay or Michelle, it's like, well, I know you.
Speaker 4: Guys don't actually care. You guys are gonna do what you're to do.
Speaker 3: Don't want to see him at the end anyway, So they're just making up excuses. Because Jay also called out and kept saying when Maurice went to bat for her Man and was pointing out, you know that herosu has had so many daily wins, and Jay said, but he doesn't have a voice, so like he doesn't his vote, his vote doesn't actually matter.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with that, Kylon?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like even on the times that he won, he was always going to be sort of overpowered or overshadowed or do you think Jay was just using that as kind of a strategy.
Speaker 5: I think it's a bit of both, because at the end of the day, he was still fighting for his those people. So whether or not it actually made a difference, I think the format of the game kind of was, Like I said, it was a significant factor to where if you have this large majority alliance, like normally they like a large majority alliance would lose people because you'd be able to we'd be going against each other in eliminations, but because of the Swiss with the champs, so there's no opportunity for them to So it's like, why do you do this without any repercussions. I could keep sending in the same people because nothing happens, and I'm not at risk.
Speaker 4: Because we have the numbers.
Speaker 5: So I feel like in a normal game, being a contender, powerful like player, a good player would have a lot more power, and this one definitely mitigated that a little bit.
Speaker 2: One thing Harassio did say that stuck out to me was at the bar scene when you know Theresa's fighting for her man. He was in his confessional and he said, I know my girls are fighting for me, and I was like, ooh, because Olivia's not baby, She's not fighting for you at all. But in his mind, and that wasn't the first professional in that episode. It was more than one where he's talking about he knows Olivia is fighting for him and he just hopes that she can see that he's doing the same for her and speaking to myself like oh baby, but she's not. But she's not. So I know, watching this back, his heart is probably like girl, he keeps saying.
Speaker 5: So that's the thing is that Olivia did was saying she would have a conversation and she would say like, hey, I'm having your back, I'm protecting you. It's like okay, like how because why why are we at risk?
Speaker 4: Then? And I think that not speaking up that was the issue.
Speaker 5: It's like, hey, like I don't need any silent friends in this game, Like I need someone who is willing to stand up and draw the line the sand, show their cards, show where they're at or whatever. And it's great if you have my back in some secret way, but it's that's useless to me. A quiet friend is a secret friend is useless to me in this game at this stage. So that was something that we had to have conversations about. And I don't think that Olivia like was abandoning Erassio or us. I wouldn't say that, but I would say that she was not doing all that she could, and that was what was heartbreaking because it's like, well, we were, and I understand. It's like, hey, you're in this in the middle position. You're in the super tight relationship with j Michelle with this power dynamic, and that's okay, it's totally fine.
Speaker 4: It's it's fine for your game.
Speaker 5: But it's just kind of like, but then don't say that you have her back if you don't, right.
Speaker 2: Right, show it. Let me see what you got.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: One thing and I want to know your opinion on this too, Devin. One thing that's sticking out to me because it's being said by a lot of people, is this person is keeping me safe. When does that run dry?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: When when does that not right?
Speaker 2: For her weight?
Speaker 5: I think one thing that I can do well, like I said, like I mean, I always uh have the most like social friendly sort of game side of things, but I can really read like patterns well in a house when you bring in a lot of variables. And so it's like, you guys realize that's why I was PREMI, like I said, I was telling Colleen, I was selling Raven early on. Like you guys realized that like this isn't good for you in the long run, Like these people aren't gonna have your back forever. And I think coming into the game, my takeaway is, oh, okay, like you can. Actually it probably is beneficial to not you can be friends with everybody, but to not have We see Michelle, we see it already with Michelle, we see it with well more so with Michelle. I think if everyone is expecting you to have their back, then at a certain point, like you're gonna start letting people down and they're gonna feel betrayed.
Speaker 4: And I think that it just is when does it end? At some point? Is the answer.
Speaker 5: It will end at some point, and it's gonna hurt feelings and I think it's going to create lack of trust that will probably be lasting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's short term. It's just a very short term plan.
Speaker 3: I feel like the to me the way to play this game. And you know, I get that like things change, but I actually feel like the way to go. My just be saying, look, my promise to you is that I'll always be transparent. You'll always know where I am in this moment and what I'm doing, because then you're giving yourself the space to move and adapt, which is what this game requires. And sometimes people will conflate reliability with loyalty. So even though you may not be on the same alliance, the fact that I at least know that, Hey, if Kylon says he's not voting me today, I can trust he's not voting me today. Now I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow, but like we're good. That kind of vibe I find is actually really beneficial. And then also short term partnerships if necessary. So if it's like, hey, we're on teams of four today, cool my team and we see a little bit of that this season. Yeah, but I feel like that works too. So that way, yeah, you're not promising, because if you promise bits of yourself all the way through to everyone or a lot of people, then yet you you're gonna have to break mathematically, it's going to have to break. And then now you're almost at the bottom because everybody thinks you're a snake, right except for maybe the one person or two people you were able to still remain true.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love that differentiation, Like reliability is not the same as loyalty. I think that that's that's something that I've always valued is just like I'm consistent. And to be clear too, I always I always Some people do like, hey, you don't. There's not really a lot of rules in these games. You don't have to be transparent, you don't have to be loyal. You can make the snakiest, scummiest moves ever, but then if somebody calls you out on it, and then that's then you can't say, like, wait, why are you calling on this? That's just what you did, and going back to like scared, like I call out you know, Corey, I was like, yo, this is a scared move. It's like I didn't say it was a dumb move. I didn't say it doesn't make sense. Of course he's a threat in the final. Of course you want to if you are worried about your own performance in the final, you don't want the threats there.
Speaker 4: Of course you do. That makes total sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's based on fear of going against this person, and we're acknowledging that and if that makes you feel some type of way, and that's for you to deal with. But that doesn't make it untrue, Like it just is a scared move and that's not like that's everyone in the house, everyone in the house. It's abraidy to run the final like you should be. And a scared scared move doesn't make it dumb, but it doesn't make it not scared.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, oh, up to that, and everyone can move on with their day.
Speaker 2: You know two things. One, if we are all ever on a season together, I'm going to need blood binding long term. Both of you think I actually.
Speaker 1: Do think we'd make one.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, oh yes.
Speaker 2: But I also want to say, Kylin, the people have been trying you this. He is in ASAF. Cory like, what's going Let's let's go back to as because I want to get clarity because the man tried to say you was talking about his mama, and that's not what I heard, right, So you want to clarify that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think I did speak on it clearly.
Speaker 5: I feel like that was the thing, is that there was the misunderstanding about what I said, because because I think you guys saw I sold. I was like, hey, his wife is a mother, she's going to watch him be like tell Melissa, hey, because your mother and my wife's some mother, I'm not gonna throw you in that that my wife will kill me, and for me, I'm like, goo, If I'm just holding up a mirror or a recorder or whatever to the things you said, and you have an issue with that, that's between you and you. Like that's I didn't say anything to you other than what you said. So that's what I feel like is your thing to work out. But I onlyink it was just the misunderstanding. I think also like Essaf, you know, he's a dramatic person and really likes to talk last Mac and all these things.
Speaker 3: So he likes are you referencing the recently made social media videos in which he talks about.
Speaker 4: How I actually haven't seen this. What is this tell me about?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: So Asoff recently did like a video addressing sort of betrayal of Melissa. I'm not gonna lie I didn't play the whole thing through. But basically like standing or defending his position in saying, he said, yes, I played Melissa, but she played me first.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's not true. We saw it. We can watch the game. We can see she doesn't.
Speaker 5: Have an opportunity to play him in any way, So that is inherently false.
Speaker 4: But as far as like his perception of feeling that or whatever. That's fine, but then it's still a matter of like, hey, I did this move. I pushed on this nerve.
Speaker 5: And I pushed in this relationship and I use it to my advantage and that's not against the rules of the game.
Speaker 4: So it's like, go for it.
Speaker 5: But then don't be upset when people are like, yo, that was that was kind of messed up, because it is. And that's and you know what, if it gets you to the end of the game, you win the money, then you can, you know, ignore their people's feelings about it, but you don't get to say you didn't do it, like it's just the truth is the truth, and that's yeah, I didn't see it, but I think for me that's all comes down to. And I will say I will say, to Corey's credit, he actually in that conversation. One thing that made me appreciate Corey when I was like, yo, it's scared. He's like, I am scared. I'm scared of running against this person.
Speaker 1: And I was like, exactly, yeah, yeah he did. He said, you're very smart, You're.
Speaker 4: Sure that's funny like that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Does that mean you'd be less likely to say his name? To vote him in in the future if given the chance, because he owned like, Okay, so take a Jay and a Corey right.
Speaker 1: No, no, take a Jay and a Corey. Right, you get to vote each of them.
Speaker 3: Say they were equally as capable in a final I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 4: Well that's a question. Yeah, that's my no process. Well, now I knew where you were going.
Speaker 3: That's why I say, let's just say, for example's sake, you only have one variable. So we have Jay who's voting you in, but in like a snaky way, right, Like it's kind of like own Dona, I don't know where you stand when he's just whatever. And then you have Corey who's like, nah, I don't want to go against this man because he's really smart and really skilled. You are now in a position to vote one of them in. Would Corey get a pass?
Speaker 1: Because at least you're like, you know what he said, I was a threat or no.
Speaker 4: It's exactly what you already said, Devin.
Speaker 5: Like the fact that you know where someone stands, Yeah, more easily understandable, predictable variable. So like if I know somebody for a fact that's coming out from here, if I know somebody for a fact that they're worried about this or not, versus like someone that I think I have suspicions.
Speaker 4: Or I believe.
Speaker 5: Then I want to keep in the variable that I understand because that increases mods of controlling it or at least moving around it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's good to know where a person stands, specifically you and Melissa.
Speaker 1: I would want to know we did a good job.
Speaker 3: Can I just say we held off a lot of questioning for that for at least, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would like to know where the two of you stand. First of all, let's let's let's let's go ahead. She leaves and you you just you know, like that's your woman. You done kissed her down on the elimination floor, I said, okay, Carlyn, And she goes about her business, and then there was some goodness that you forgot.
Speaker 1: She even if yes, people were saying you moved on very quickly.
Speaker 2: You you you, you're right.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: So a few things.
Speaker 5: One when m Lissa left obviously pretty sad, and I just wanted to address too because in the right after she leaves, she ended up getting pissed at me watching the episode after because she's like talking about the few that I basically was like, did my own little dance funeral moment. But I made a twist in it because it was because it was also Independents Day, so I was like, okay, cool, let me throw in Dan's funeral because I which I thought of on the spot. I was pretty proud of myself as like a big brother fan, and I was like, yo, we have some dance funeral element. And then also it's Independence Day, one of my favorite movie, so I was like, okay, that's you know, our Independence Day is declaration from the British. I mix those together made whole joke. Everyone's laughing. All of that context isn't shown, so it's just like, yo, Melissa's dead to me, guys, which.
Speaker 4: It's just like, okay, this was she She.
Speaker 5: Was pretty miss about it, but I told her. I was like, no, like, look up dance funeral, it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her about it in person?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Tickets to yes.
Speaker 5: So, as you know, I did try and go see Melissa, but the scheduling wasn't working because I don't have an ally over there.
Speaker 4: And uh and the but I.
Speaker 5: Think that that's that's a complicated thing.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I give me a second. I wrote down a note about this.
Speaker 5: Let me, let me make sure I go to go to I love when.
Speaker 3: We have a guest that comes with notes. Okay, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm ready, you ready, We all ready, So let's go ahead and get back to the show.
Speaker 3: Because you're both very likable people. So that part like talking about talking about your lack of an ally. Okay, Big T and you and so we I think I think Day was too. But I was shocked when we had the girls on our Little Girl's Night Pod and Big T realized she's not the biggest fan of you'itting volunteers.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's so.
Speaker 5: Many things I think honest Big Tea's Big T express reasons, which I'll get to, but I think it really started in the house, and in the house we just didn't get along because I am someone who I think coming from someone who's being on the spectrum, I'm super logical, super literal, and Big Tea is a very dramatic person. I think that's why she makes such great television. I think that's why she's so funny. She speaks in very exaggerated language and interprets everything to the most.
Speaker 4: Exaggerated, exciting way.
Speaker 5: The result of that, even as as you guys point out when in of your podcast, Dave Odd said something like, oh, are you sure that's like is this an illusion of the.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Because even when I talked him listen, I was like, hey, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think she lied.
Speaker 5: So I was talking to Raven for my first time. This is two months out of the house. Talked to Raven's my first time outside the house. Because Raven's sweet girl. We got along, we're friends. And I talked to her for my very first time. And I was like, hey, you know, she's in going to school for for acting and all that, and I was like, hey, congrat some move, congrat some school.
Speaker 4: I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 5: How are you dealing with all of like you know, the social and stuff, because she's new to this world. And I was like, oh, great, like you know for sure, let me I'll let you know if I'm in New York, let me know you're in LA.
Speaker 4: Check up on you. Awesome click into the call. Uh.
Speaker 5: She expresses that to Big T and Big T because she's a very animated person's like, oh my gosh, Kylon calls Raven all the time, and he was telling her how much he really He's like, we have to see each other.
Speaker 4: We have to get it. And I was like wait what and like I had to check with Raven. I was like what what was she? What did? What did you say?
Speaker 5: She's like, exactly what you said, and she repeated what I just told you, And I was like, oh okay. And I even tell myself, I was like, I don't think big T is lying. I think the Big T interprets things in.
Speaker 4: Very answer why she's a chef exactly.
Speaker 5: Very artful, very animated and exaggerated and uh and then speaks those things as such. And so I feel like that was and then going back to the house. Even the reason why I Ravee even came up is because so I, uh, which I did. I'm a massage therapist as well. I don't really do that as a job or anything, but I happened to live with some massage therapy people who did like certifications, and so I did that. So going back, even a big brother, I would help people with like like not like even just like a you know, a soft central massage like I'll find if you like have a problem area, I can usually help you work it out.
Speaker 4: I try not to tell people all the.
Speaker 1: Time my left shoulders really bad.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got you. I'm I can do that.
Speaker 5: And so literally we had like massage days where there would be Jay, Corey, Olivia, Michelle like people would the would be everybody at once either all of as massage on each other. But then they knew They're like, Kylin can actually fix whatever's happening to me.
Speaker 4: So so that's what happened.
Speaker 5: So I gave massages to people and they're like, yo, Kyler massage Raven. It's like yeah, but like context nineteen, like KYLEU masa nine people in this house, or like it's sitting with everybody, or like you know, I'm sitting you go back to big Brother, like I'm gonna sit and cuddle with everybody, every person, all those things. And so Melissa or Big T was like, yeah, Kylon said that. He told Melissa he's she's perfectly fine with they have a deal over.
Speaker 4: Him to hook up with people.
Speaker 1: And I was like no, yeah, I was like no, what conversation never happened.
Speaker 5: The conversation that happened was when Melissa, when we were talking about her leaving, I was like, hey, like, obviously, you know I'm not We've seen what happens from past seasons, from and in a little bit in this season, from people who hook up with multiple people in their season, and it's not a good look, like ninety five percent of the time. So I was like, hey, I didn't say names, but I was like, no, I'm not gonna get myself in that sort of trouble.
Speaker 4: And so I was like, but obviously, like I'm a big.
Speaker 5: Physical touch person, this environment is stressful, I'm definitely gonna be like cuddling.
Speaker 4: With people and stuff. And she's like, well, I don't love that, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, I totally get you don't love that, but like that's you know, that's me, that's my personality.
Speaker 3: Wait, if you guys were in an exclusive relationship, I'm not saying you were, but if you were, would you still be like, Hey, it's a stressful environment. You're gone, I'm gonna cuddle people or do you feel like?
Speaker 4: I think that depends on the relationship.
Speaker 5: I feel like if I I would, I would want to have a relationship with someone where we, uh, you know, can understand each other and want somebody's you know, needs to be fulfilled as an elevated thing, because it's just like that.
Speaker 4: But that's a different conversation.
Speaker 3: But the uh wait a minute, wait wait wait wait wait yeah wait yeah wait wait wait a minute.
Speaker 2: So you would be content and okay, would show woman snuggling and cuddling with another.
Speaker 5: Man, I mean another person period, Like love is a love is love is an exponential resource.
Speaker 1: With another attracted person that smells good.
Speaker 4: And for me, here's the deal for me, I'm saying a man, So here's for me.
Speaker 5: For me, it's like I know what I come in to offer in a partnership. You could snug with somebody and decide that, like you know what I want to be here instead, then you're just not my person.
Speaker 4: I'm not really worried about it because I'm like, yo, you can go do whatever you're gonna do.
Speaker 5: Because I'm like, I know what I'm doing, so it is and like like that is the type of partnership I like to build I with my friends or anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just don't think jealousy, uh is something that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: It's a very natural emotion. People all have come from their places.
Speaker 5: It's just not something that I put in those sort of relationships.
Speaker 1: Kylon said, if you're dumb enough to leave, I'm smart enough to let you walk away.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Amen.
Speaker 3: Now back to these plane tickets though, Kylin. Yes, So now you didn't go because you didn't have an ally slash babysitter. Where does the relationship Sam today?
Speaker 1: Have you seen each other?
Speaker 3: Because we recorded that episode a few weeks ago, so have you guys?
Speaker 1: Do you have plans? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I mean, the A lot of it just comes down into scheduling.
Speaker 5: I think that what we know is that in the house, we enjoyed getting to know each other and enjoy spending time together. Would like to spend more time together. But there's the logistics of it all. She lives on the other side of the world.
Speaker 4: I live here.
Speaker 5: I don't think either one of us having intentions of moving, So, like, what do we do with that? I don't know, but I feel like, probability wise, that seems very difficult to make something happen. But I would like to actually have conversations, meet in person and find out, like, hey, you know, even what could what I want to spend more time with this person. This is someone I want to spend more time with this someone, will I continue to get to know. I also understand that she has a she has a kid, and she has to be a mom first above everything else. And that's something I'm super supportive of. And even if that just as a friend, like I'm gonna be supportive of her doing what's best for her because that's that's how I believe like you care about someone, that's how you show love is like, my my love isn't like I want you to be happy if you're with me. My love is like I want you to be happy period, and whatever that looks like for you is the best thing. So we would like to see each other, we'd like to I think that we enjoyed getting to know each other and would like to get to know each other. But then just trying to be respectful of all those things and all those factors, trying to be both respectful and reasonable.
Speaker 2: You know what the social media streets, Twitter specifically are saying that she followed you on social media is.
Speaker 4: God, Yeah, it was literally I just talked to her.
Speaker 5: It was because of the it was because of the she just saw that speech and didn't understand. That's just I know, timing wise, I don't know how the sarcial recording.
Speaker 4: I messaged her. I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: Well, she sent me that video clip of just that scene and I was like, and I looked. I was like, she probably involved me because she sent it with no context and she's a very emotional person. And then I was like, I texted her and I was like, hey, yourm She's like, yes, that was a terrible thing saying. I was like, well, here's where I came from, and like, here's a joke. And then she's like, yeah, emotional on my period, I'm super I'm just hormonal. And I was like, I know, but I've seen this. I think she's followed me and followed me like five times.
Speaker 4: I don't know. She's she's firy, she's firy. I didn't get you. Yeah, It's like fire is warm, it could also burn you. That's that's the nature.
Speaker 5: It's warm to heat you up, or it could burn you. You know, you just that's the that's the risk of fire, and that's.
Speaker 2: That's what it will down to. You are ready to take the risk.
Speaker 4: That's a I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I think she's good and and on Big Tea too, like like I said, that's not they're friends and and like I said, I if this is a friend that is positive for you and your family, then like I want to support that. That's something that's building up and adding positive things there just as a friend, as someone who cares about you as a friend, even like I still want to support that. So that's not something that doesn't get in the way of that's even going back to the game.
Speaker 4: Like the thing that's hard.
Speaker 5: With Big T is because you guys are asking about like people targeting them. I think you have this duo who on night one when we're in that pit, we're like, Big T, you're the vet, Like you gotta give a speech. So she gives a speech, and I'm just kind of cracking up, like especially like you.
Speaker 4: Know, the the the.
Speaker 5: Strategist big brother side of me is watching and I'm just like, wait, what are you doing? Because she she says, you know, guys, it's really excited to be here, and then she goes into this three minute straight declaration of love and appreciation for Melissa and just how like you are everything to me, Like you're, oh, you're my best friend. For life, like there's nothing that will ever come between it. And I'm just like, wait, like people like didn't have to know, like they could know that you guys are a friend and didn't have to know this. So I feel like in a game where you're always looking for a reason to target people, that made it really easy.
Speaker 4: And then Big T.
Speaker 5: Is the type of person who would come to us and they'd be like hey big T.
Speaker 4: Like she's like, so I had this genius plan because she's a gamer.
Speaker 5: So she's like, I'm gonna spin spind some lives to like throughout the house and see what comes back.
Speaker 4: And then people are like, hey, you're a liar. You lied. And then she's like what they.
Speaker 5: Were like, wait, just said that that was your plan, And it's not that it's a bad plan, but if it doesn't work, then it looks a certain way, and that's what happened. And so it just is like oh, like and me acknowledging the fact that people are saying Melissa's game could be improved by her not being there isn't the same as me pitching Melissa's Like what do you think she do? I'm like, well, if she goes in, that'd probably it gives you a shot, a better shot at you know, building different relationships and not being associated.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're still gonna be a threat.
Speaker 5: You like have only been eliminated from this game one time and the other time you get to quit because you climbed half a mountain while pregnant, so people are afraid of you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it could give you a shot.
Speaker 5: That's not I'm not pitting them against each other. I'm just acknowledging the situation.
Speaker 3: Right, But you could understand how Big T might feel away because I know, if you know my best friends, man was like, well Devin.
Speaker 1: Went home probably better in the game. Even if he's being logical, even if he's right.
Speaker 4: I'll I I don't understand. I just saying like, yo, that's that's what it is you have.
Speaker 5: But Rascio said it like in this episode, he says, I wrote down no matter how much.
Speaker 4: They like you, they'll keep saying your name. Like for some people, that's that's just.
Speaker 2: True, right, Kylyn. Did you know that they were sabotaging sabotage in Carrassio?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, No, that was something that made a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: I was like, why, like, how are they struggling so bad and me, you know, like I said, I I have some faith in people, so that I didn't know that was sabotaging. I didn't know Michelle sabotaged me. When we were Sonny, Me and Michelle were partnered like non stop in this game. It was kind of wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she got so mad at you last episode yes he saw, yes, sort of. Mariah sort of brings it up but says that Kylon was like, oh you know you are you gonna savage? She gets so mad, she gets so defensive, and it's like, I can't believe you would think it, like, oh my god, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: And we literally one episode.
Speaker 5: Not even one episode later, go back to episodes she sabotaged me. So it's just like this happened to me the one time that she wasn't sabotaging me.
Speaker 4: She just told me this.
Speaker 5: I just saw her like a couple of weeks ago, and she's like, oh yeah, like that was probably the only time I didn't try and sabotage you.
Speaker 4: So I was so mad and I was like that insane but h but hilarious.
Speaker 1: I guess in its own Michelle is wild.
Speaker 5: Michelle so it just is. But I'm just aware. I'm like, hey, this is a this is what.
Speaker 4: What you're saying, what you're doing, and yeah, unrelated.
Speaker 1: Did Harasio realize that he was being sabotage?
Speaker 4: Do you think? No? No, Also, he was like same thing as me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He definitely didn't seem like he was like, oh I deserve to go in after today's performance, but it's like you didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, No, he meant that fully.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's very I mean, both of us, like we just that was like after uh, well I made us when I.
Speaker 4: Felt like I made us lose in the the.
Speaker 5: One where we had to lock up the tower thing, when I when I cut up in my head, I was just like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's probably me. Then it's we're very much responsibility people. It's a problem.
Speaker 3: Did you at some point in this episode then, did Harassuo finally acknowledge Oh yeah, no, they do not like me or whatever.
Speaker 5: You know, don't think that we that we found out about it in the house.
Speaker 4: I feel like, uh.
Speaker 5: Wow, maybe or maybe we did eventually because because Nourice would have known, she would have been ketan at some point. But I don't even know how how fun if she knew then or like just from observing episode. So but I feel like she didn't relate to us because maybe she thought we knew too.
Speaker 4: And we did not.
Speaker 5: We didn't know the degree to which we were being sabotaged, so and we knew the house was against us, but we didn't think that they would want to put themselves at risk because of the chaos things. So we're like, well, they still probably want to win because chaos. They were mixing it up guy girl, right, So that was the other thing is they were mixing up guy girls, so like sometimes they do guys back to back or girls back to back. So it's like, yo, you don't know if we're gonna be safe, you should probably try and win. But like I said, for some people, they we weren't playing with gamers that were thinking more than an hour ahead. So they're just like, wait, I want to make sure this person isn't safe. And then they're like, wait a second, I'm not safe. Oh no, But they couldn't think that far.
Speaker 3: So when you realize that you were indeed going to be House vote and that you were going to be down in the sand, how were you feeling? What were some of the thoughts or emotions that we didn't get to see in the episode.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love this game.
Speaker 5: Eliminations have always been my favorite part to watch. Anytime I'm watching a season, I'm like, ooh, I want to try that.
Speaker 4: It's usually an elimination.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunate that in elimination you're at such high risk because you know you want to avoid them, and I never want, you know, my game to be at risk. But like me and ROSSI walk out and we're just like ooh, like both of us are hoping to play this game when we see it. We love to play, we love to compete, and it's really hard to turn that off.
Speaker 4: And so I don't know, at that point it was much for me.
Speaker 5: It was much more of a matter of, like, I hate being at risk because I hate, you know, not being able to support my people and not being able to stay in and support them. So I feel like that would be and obviously the factor the drive is to win and the drive is to go in. But it's just like it was funny TJ would ask me every time I got called down. TJ would ask me beforehand, like how are you feeling them?
Speaker 4: Like it's the best day ever.
Speaker 5: And for me, it's like I meant that because it's like, yo, I get an opportunity.
Speaker 4: I'm here.
Speaker 5: First off, I'm a big believer in gratitude. So I'm here and I'm competing in something that I said I love and said I wanted to do, not just in this game, but in these eliminations. So like, how could I how can I sit and watch and yeah, like how can I sit and watch and be like ooh, I like I can't wait to do that? And then do that and then be upset at being given the thing that I was asking for.
Speaker 4: So I wasn't asked.
Speaker 5: For in the game in that sense, but at the same time, it's like, you know, it's just a place that I want to be. That's like it was the it was the best day ever that though I hear some people say it, because I would just say that anytime that I was asked like how do you feel about going down.
Speaker 4: Like the best ever?
Speaker 1: So when Brad pulled your name, You're like, this is the best day ever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, And that's the attitude that I felt.
Speaker 5: You got it take in And also so it was so these eliminations are super late at night. This is actually really cool because they mentioned it was my birthday, but my elimination started at like eleven or eleven thirty or something like that, And uh, I think the thing about me as a competitor, and I feel like very similar to me, and I also talk about it a lot.
Speaker 4: Is that like we're going to throw everything at it.
Speaker 5: So I was throwing my body down that ramp, down that tower so fast in the corners that it was cool. Tyler, one of the camera guys, He's like, yo, I couldn't keep up with you when you were going down on the camera, Like yo, I'm feel like Bruce Lee now, like cameras can't even match. But we started like eleven thirty or whatever. My birthday this is the twelfth. My birth birthday is the thirteenth. So we finish at like eleven fifty, so I win this elimination.
Speaker 4: I'm soaked.
Speaker 5: We have ten minutes cele birthday, so they actually let me stay up there those ten minutes so that we.
Speaker 4: Could celebrate my birthday midnight.
Speaker 5: Like somebody said, that was one of the tallest structures that they've built in an arena, So I'm essentially the highest you anyone has ever been in this arena in this my favorite, like the coolest game in the world, and we're celebrating my birthday and it was a pretty That's a moment I'll probably never forget, so like how like, of course I don't want to be down there, but at the same time, it created one of the coolest moments of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kylie, you are now walking away with Durrail under your milk, Like, how does that feel? As a student and a fan? How does that? And hueye, well, like we love you, we love you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so much hard, no, I mean my im like, yeah, my face is almost in pain at how big When you put it down like that, it's hard not to smile. It's hard not to be excited because it's like, you know, this is uh now three individual eliminations.
Speaker 4: That I'm that I've come out with a win.
Speaker 5: And the record uh for eliminations period is five villa record for the.
Speaker 4: Individual eliminations, I think it's four individuals. So the there's one woman who did.
Speaker 5: It, Susie Maestra, I believe in two thousand and nine, and then yes, exactly, and then Chris Underwood just did it unchallenged USA if we pull those sets in as well. But there hasn't Yeah, there hasn't been a mail that is unforced right now, I'm like run away.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, okay, like that.
Speaker 5: It's hard for me not to think about these things, like I said, as a student and get excited because of how much I love the game. And so I don't know, I am it's such a crazy thing because it's like you almost I'm like, well, now I'm run away.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go in, but maybe I need to.
Speaker 1: Don't pull a speech. We saw some terrible politics earlier this season.
Speaker 2: Please don't go doing some speech.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean it's crazy because oh Chatzy love Shadzy. That was a rough one.
Speaker 5: But it's crazy because like the hypocrisy in the game is the thing that blows my mind because I'm like, it's so natural and I get how it happens. I get how people that are watching can feel that way because it's like politics. You know, you're gonna make excuses for the person that you like. That's just the nature of the game. But like when you're doing it as a player, that's the thing that my mind because you'll see people you know, somebody said Corey says during this game, he says, like, you know, Raven, I don't know if she's with our alliance because she's voting against us.
Speaker 4: I was like, you gotta sent her in three times? What do you mean against us? Like, what do you mean against her life? What the alliance? The center in three times? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: There seems to be a lot of delusion this, Like, I just there's.
Speaker 5: A lot a lot of well, self deluding, self deluding because you want to it's mental.
Speaker 4: You want to protect yourself.
Speaker 5: Your brain's like how do I protect myself from feeling bad?
Speaker 4: So it just creates stories and creates a perspective.
Speaker 5: And humans do it all the time, but in these games and these situations, they're going to do it even more, and probably to your detriment. Like this isn't going to serve you long term In the theories of these games.
Speaker 3: I feel like if they're just avoiding accountability, I feel like saying they're just being delusional or self delusion is giving them a.
Speaker 1: Pass for the lack of accutibility that.
Speaker 3: We are seeing in this game, and some of it even being carried over in real life, which.
Speaker 5: Is yes, yes, that's the part when they carried over in real life, when they bring it in, it's like, yo, you guys, how do you not realize exactly like yeah, I think, shoot, oh, I don't know. In this in this episode, a man will says, you know, I'm done with the boring stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm going to vote with the majority.
Speaker 5: And I was like, wait, like what do you.
Speaker 1: You can't blame him.
Speaker 3: He's been busy cuddling up and with half the house. He just popped up for air. He wasn't sure what was happening, and so he just had.
Speaker 4: To vote course of or you know what. I think. We saw it once again with Michelle. I do. I love Michelle. It just was in that vote. She says, uh, you know, it's.
Speaker 5: Between you and Jay, and I was like, no, it's not. That's not how bad, that's not how numbers. That's how this game works. It is all of these people, you say any name that you want, So it's not I get what you're trying to say, but that's is factually incorrect.
Speaker 4: That's that's my point.
Speaker 3: And it's painting the narrative though, too right, because it makes it more powerful to be like, oh it was just between because it's much more easy for other people in the house or people to digest. Oh, of course she's not gonna vote in Jay, so she has to vote Kylin versus Na, Girl, you got seven other people here, eight you know or whatever other people here, and you still chose to vote in.
Speaker 5: I said, it's just the short term this, Like, Mariah, how many times are you gonna let them vote in your guy, like or put him at risk like you know before.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's been fighting now, Mariah's been fighting her little Heine office exactly. She's been fighting for the both of them, struggle busting and they just.
Speaker 5: Said his name like you know, the last the elimination right before. So it's just like, hey, why are you fighting for these people that aren't protecting your number one?
Speaker 4: Right? Kylin?
Speaker 2: Before we before we get out of here, I have to ask you when Jay came up to you and he decided he was gonna call you out and confront you about this conversation about putting him in, Okay, how did that make you feel? Do you think he was intimidated? Was he afraid?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: How do you think he feels? I mean, he told you he said he felt he's afraid of us and he and he should be. I get it. But as far as the as far as feeling the game, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was just kind of like me and Jay talked earlier in the game about how like, you know a lot of people here in gamers, they don't really they're not really playing like that, and but he can't let it get personal, and he got he was.
Speaker 4: He was definitely he got a little bit emotional in it.
Speaker 5: Jay had even he saw the thing, He's like, you can't talk to me the same way he talked to everyone else. Jay has a big chip on his shoulder, and I feel like it's to his detriment.
Speaker 4: He seems like I'm Jay. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: And as a player, you know, snaky and trust with all those things, I get it. As a person, you know, I've seen this guy like he likes to help kids because he grew up disadvantage like he is, uh, you know, he's Latino. You know everyone knows that, and he is about his community.
Speaker 4: Super good guy. But in these games, like I really wanted to come in.
Speaker 5: I knew Jay had a history and survivor or being backsupped by everybody, and I was like, Yo, let me show you what it's like if you work with loyal people.
Speaker 4: I'd love to give you that example.
Speaker 5: And he just went back into his ways of just like you know whatnot like like I'm just not gonna I'm gonna hold this chip of the world against me.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, yo, you didn't have to do that.
Speaker 5: And and Jay's so smart too, Like I say it so many times and you'll see like he's like, don't talk to me like you're smart than me. It's like because you went to college. I'm like, bro, like I'm not like, like, I know that you're smart. That's why I speak to you this way, because you are smart, Like it is, no one's against you like that.
Speaker 4: No one thinks you're dumb. Everyone knows you're smart. And uh so, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's kind of hard not to feel like a little bit bad, not like in a pitiful sense like I'm just noting I'm pitying him, but just more like hey, like, yeah, yeah, the world's not to get you.
Speaker 3: You're being empathetic. You can understand kind of where he's like, you can see the pain there that causes him to maybe close off or move in certain ways.
Speaker 1: In the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly exactly, and so yeah it's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Davion, that' because you're the mean one of the.
Speaker 4: Play was going to say.
Speaker 5: Before you, I was gonna say, we're getting lie. I hate on the orange jerseys. I'm I don't have the most fashioned sense, but I will. People are like, why does Kylin pick the orange one every time? Because somebody said how we got to pick my mom's ever color is orange?
Speaker 4: So I was like, you know, I'm just gonna rock orange.
Speaker 1: I will say the orange does look good on you. It really glows on you.
Speaker 3: But the orange pants that sometimes they're rocking, I'm I've it's now. I don't pay attention to it as much, but I was definitely caught off guard for at least the first few episodes. It really was jarring to me. But the orange does actually look really good on you. Are there any other.
Speaker 1: Notes in your little notebook that you want to share before we go get you?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I'm not like or anything like that.
Speaker 5: But one thing I think about in this game is that TJ says NonStop, if you want to be a champ, you have to beat a champ. And I feel like that's kind of the theme of the season, and I feel like it's a true statement, and I don't at this point, I don't know who's to be a champ in this house, but there's not many of us, So I think, for me, are.
Speaker 2: You saying like you beat the champ and that's like your tickets?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it should be. I feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: In the final, I didn't Champa, So.
Speaker 3: That makes sense because there's nine thousand and sixty, five hundred and six hundred all of y'all are.
Speaker 1: There's no I was thinking that day.
Speaker 5: And then even more, if you get to the end and you haven't been a champ, are you gonna call them a champion?
Speaker 1: So yeah, no under one hundred percent? Would are you kidding? Then I say them, well, oh, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You mean specifically in this in the I thought TJ was just saying the lines of TJ. And you know, yeah, I don't know if you're sorry, that would be so dope and untold require because it's been a requirement, right, it's been a requirement before. I feel like after my season of free agents and being able to skate to the final it's been it's been done before.
Speaker 1: We're yesterday to.
Speaker 4: The final emination and yest Yeah.
Speaker 3: I played, I played very well and both times I've never been voted into an arena in my whole challenge history.
Speaker 2: Languages.
Speaker 3: It's okay day one day. Just remember I'm your phone a friend. When you go back to the challenge, you need a phone a friend, call me if I'm bitch, and then you won't wake a final again.
Speaker 2: So wait kind of gonna help me help you, But but.
Speaker 1: I would too.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what this is coming from the phone you if you're there, you know the other.
Speaker 5: Thing friends and everything reminds me because like I said, I mean I think I said at the beginning, but I want to reiterate, like you too make such a great show.
Speaker 4: Like you guys are entertaining, You.
Speaker 5: Ask one questions, you push, you push for the overshares, and we all love you for it. Maybe not while being questioned, but I'd say as fans love to listen to you both like bring in and playing the game obviously and just being so smart and entertaining like you guys create a very exciting show in a space that could easily be oversaturated and you do it every week, and I just want to give you both mad proples for it.
Speaker 1: None you try to make me cry. Oh that's very sweet. Thank you, Kylin. We appreciate it so much.
Speaker 3: We love being a part of the podcast family and getting to do what we do, and we love having people on like you who are open and share and chat with us about it. And I know the podcast family listeners love getting to hear this insight and behind the scenes and walk through your journey. So yeah, thank you for living out loud. I told you last time we had you on. Thank you for being such an advocate and a representative of neurodivergence and just incorporating that into the conversation and letting people know that it looks different in a lot of different ways and there there's superpowers within that. And then I mean, I know you're taken by Melissa, but for everyone else listening, I mean, the dude is good with massages, okay, very logical, problem solver, respectful, emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at that. There you go.
Speaker 3: For those who want to keep up with that or maybe learn some of your massage techniques, where can they find you?
Speaker 4: Social media? It's Kyland Young everywhere.
Speaker 5: Kyland dot Young actually on Twitter is the only one that's not Kyland Young and yeah, and we hang out live there and talk about the episode. So feel free to come by the lives on TikTok and yeah, excited to see you soon.
Speaker 4: So fin that can about it?
Speaker 2: Okay, well my first introduction, I'm gonna come on your line. I'm come on, yeah to perfect you're not saying, you're not saying yeah I know?
Speaker 5: Oh no, yes, oh no, yes please I'm inviting you anytime.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, thank you both. I really appreciate it you guys. Yeah, thanks, thanks for thanks for the time.
Speaker 3: What a birthday celebration. Klan is really such a delight. Also, I really do need him to look at my shoulder day. For those of you who want to follow along with whatever secret hidden talent skills you have, we're have to quizzy about that one day.
Speaker 1: Where can they find you on social Oh lord, you're.
Speaker 2: Always trying to put me to the test, Devin. But the people can find me on Twitter at day Davon Underscore. They can also find me on the instagrams at Davon and Diane underscore And for now, that is where you can find.
Speaker 3: Me in TikTok Lives coming soon, Take Talk Lives coming soon.
Speaker 2: That's right, you see, hold my feet to the fire, right accountability partner. Everybody gets you one. Where can the people find you, Devin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need you to figure out TikTok lives so then you can teach me how to do it. But you guys, for now, come find me on my website, devinsimone dot com.
Speaker 3: Please go down to the bottom. You'll see my socials. It's all pretty consistent. On Instagram, Devin Simone. Uh, that's where I post probably the most stuff. Also on Twitter, I respond sometimes TikTok Lives coming soon, but you can follow me on TikTok at Devin Simone as well, all sorts of fun stuff and then of course Amazon. You can just google devinsimone and Amazon and it'll come up. It's called Devin Simone's Gift Closet. But we do lives there and sometimes I do it with Natalie Negratti, so former challenger Big brother er as well, a lot of fun and we love to shout out challengers. So yeah, join the fun.
Speaker 2: Love that, Devin Simone. Devin with the y Simone.
Speaker 1: With the I Amen.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. And remember, if you like this episode, which I'm pretty sure you did, we enjoyed it. Okay, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and tell a friends to tell a friend to tell another friend and another friend.
Speaker 3: After that, then you can catch new episodes of the Challenge Battle for a New Champion on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yes, and remember, you can watch the Challenge and more on Paramount Plus. Subscribe at paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge thirty nine by March seven, twenty twenty four and get your first month of Paramount Plus on US. Must be age of majority to subscribe US only payment method required, terms and conditions apply. Visit p plus dot legal slash subscription for more and.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time right here on MTV's Official Challenge Podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, kyn