Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty. Trump made some new, brand new strong statements about the whole Epstein story. It'll be interesting to see how that lands with some of you who think that's, you know, something that needs to be pursued. Also, if the apostle Paul had been on the road to Damascus today, he would have turned back before he ran into Jesus on the road because it blew up. Damascus blew up today Israel bombing the crap out of the capitalist Syria for some reason. Anyway, just happened. Maybe we'll get to that story later too.
Speaker 2: Excellent biblical setup to that, by the way, well done.
Speaker 3: Two things.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite books I've ever read about politics is the Myth of the rational Voter. In the first chunk of it, the main argument of it is, and it's indisputable by the data, that there are certain economic ideas and principles that people get wrong in much greater numbers than they get right for some reason, like rent control, like that con Man communist, the communist if you will zoron Mumdani in New York is trying to pitch you hit people young people with rent control. They will, in overwhelming numbers say that's a great idea. But then a little edumacation, a little life experience, they understand. Oh it's a terrible idea. It's like the worst idea. But generation after generation people fall for certain economic arguments.
Speaker 3: Over and over again. It's kind of interesting anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm reminded of that when thinking about what we're gonna play for you, believe it or not, it's a golfer at a press conference. What Scotty Scheffler, Who is the greatest golfer on the planet? And more on that in a minute. But when it comes to what will make me happy? I think a lot of human beings, most of us, are like those youngsters who think grant control is a good idea. Generation after generation, we chase the wrong things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this segment is about life satisfaction, not about golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was going to go into a long discourse over the draw versus the fade. Anyway, those are golf terms. Anyway, Yeah, it's about life satisfaction. And so Scott Scheffler, who is the greatest golfer on the planet currently and very very well liked because he's very normal as a dude, happens to be a fairly devout Christian and a family manager. You're about to hear very much not like Tiger the Assassin. He's a great competitor and the rest of it, but he's kind of a different guy.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: They were asking him about his superachievements this year in previous years at a press conference, and this is what he said.
Speaker 3: We'll start with sixteen and go from there. Michael, you know, I think it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, I think I said something after the Buyer in this year about like it feels like you work your whole life to celebrate winning a tournament for like a few minutes and only lasts a few minutes, that kind of euphoric feeling. And I like to win the Byer Nelson Championship at home. I literally worked my entire life to become good at golf to have an opportunity to win that tournament. And you win it, you celebrate, get to hug, hug my family, my sister's there at such an amazing moment, and then it's like, Okay, now what are we gonna eat for dinner?
Speaker 3: You know, life goes on, go ahead, roll on.
Speaker 4: Is it great to be able to win tournaments and to accomplish the things I have in the game of golf? Yet I mean it it brings tears my eyes just to think about because it's literally worked my entire life to become good at the sport. And to have that kind of sense of accomplishment, I think is is that pretty cool feeling, you know, to get to live out your dreams.
Speaker 3: It's very special.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, it's like, I'm not out here to inspire the next generation of golfers. I don't I'm not here to inspire somebody else to be the best player in the world, because what's the point. You know, this is not a fulfilling life. It's it's fulfilling from the sense of accomplishment, but it's not fulfilling from a sense of like the deepest, you know, places of your heart. You know, there's a lot of people that make it to what they thought was going to fulfill them in life, and then you get there and all of a sudden you get to number one in the world and then they're like, what's the point?
Speaker 3: And you know, I really do believe that.
Speaker 1: I think I think most everybody has had that experience or has that experience. At some point you get the whatever it is you've been wanting to get and okay, hmm, the satisfaction of that didn't last very long, and you have to wrestle with what am I? You know, what what am I doing? Or what do I enjoy? Or why am I? Why am I getting up every morning?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And it's the process and just the daily life. My dad was always really good at this and just you know, you just use the example of taking out the trash. People don't like to complain about doing this and that, and that's what life is. Life is taking out the trash and doing the dishes and getting up and going to work and raising all the things that you do that seem like they're in the way of your That's what life is, right right, Let's throw along. You know, what is the point?
Speaker 4: You're like, why do I want to win this tournament so bad? That's something that I wrestle with on a daily basis. It's like showed up with the Masters every year. It's like, why do I want to win this golf tournament so badly? Why do I want to win the Open Championship so badly? I don't know, because if I win, it's going to be awesome for about two minutes. And now we're going to get in the next week and it's gonna be like, hey.
Speaker 3: You want two majors this year?
Speaker 4: How important is it for you to win the fext Cup playoffs? And it's just like we're back here again, you know, So we really do. We work so hard for such little moments, and you know, I'm kind of sick of I love putting in the work. I love being able to practice, I love getting out to live out my dreams. But at the end of the day, sometimes I just don't understand the point, you know.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm making any sense or not. But am I not?
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, okay, yeah, let's go ahead and finish. Then we'll discuss.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those deals, you know. I love the challenge. I love being able to play this game for a living. It's it's one of the greatest joys of my life. But does it fill the deepest, you know, wants and desires of my heart, absolutely not. I mean, I love playing golf. I love being able to compete. I love living out my dreams. I love being a father. I love being able to take care of my son. I love being able to provide for my family out here playing golf. And you know, every day when I wake up early to go put in the work. You know, my wife thanks me for going out and working so hard, and when I get home, I try and think her every day for taking care of our son. It's just, you know, that's why I talk about families being my priority, because it really is. You know, I'm blessed to be able to come out here and play golf. But if my golf ever started affecting my home life, or itever affected the relationship I have with my wife or with my son, you know that's gonna be the last day that I play out here for a living. You know, this is not the be all end all. This is not the most important thing in my life. And that's why I wrestle with why is is so important to me? Because you know, I would much rather be a great father than I would be a great golfer. You know that at the end of the day, that that's what's more important to me.
Speaker 2: So just to summarize, I think a lot of us and I mean us. Oh, let me put this aside. Yeah, the money's pretty good. He's made a hell of a lot of money. He lives a great lifestyle. He doesn't have to worry about money ever again, which is a big deal. If you've ever or are currently worried about money.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: But having said that, I think all of us think happiness is the like the triumph or that's what we're looking for, or the falling in love, or the big win, or the fame or the congratulations from the crowd or your contemporaries, your colleagues even but it's not there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So one thing that popped into my mind is it reminded me of Woody Allen talking a lot in his book. Woody Allan is a movie director, one of the most famous movie directors of all time. If you don't know who he is anyway, in his autobiography that he wrote a couple of years ago, he loved making movies the way this guy loves practicing and you know the process, but like he'd finish the movie and be like you just say what he's done and move on to the next one. He's like, no enjoyment in the finished product. He'd never watch him, he would never pay any attention to the reviews. It was just the the process was the only thing that there was an enjoyment. The thing that most well, I don't know most people, but a lot of people think would be where you get the enjoyment. The finished product or the winning the tournament or becoming the top salesman or whatever is not what you think it was going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get quiet satisfaction out of it, like he was talking about. But the idea of like constant joy is that the right word, you know, happiness slash euphoria slash cheerfulness slash excitement. That's just that's not what we need to chase because it's illusory. It goes way so quickly, you know, it was kind of it passed by so quickly. But I can relate to and it's a great description. So he wins a super giant golf tournament that millions of people around the world just dream of being good enough to win that tournament, having the acclaim, getting the check, blah, blah blah, and then you know, half an hour later it's like, what do you want to have for dinner? That's a pretty good description of the way life really is. Yes, it's about the people you care about. I mean, isn't that just the bottom line?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, and I get I get. Well, I guess the ultimate point would be you have to enjoy the process of life, not making a movie or becoming a golfer or whatever or whatever it is you do, just process of life. The daily grind, which is what it feels like a lot of times, is what life is. And you gotta find if you're waiting for the payoff, it ain't common.
Speaker 2: Oh folks, that was the payoff. The payoff is there's no payoff.
Speaker 1: Kurk Blue. That should be taught more. I think that's not I think that's the opposite of what our culture tends to tell.
Speaker 2: Us, right right right. The movie doesn't end. There's no end to the movie. Your part is just written out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you want to get it metaphysical and talk about religion and life after death or whatever, that's a completely different topic. But no, you don't win, you never you never win. You just keep playing. Maybe that's how I would sum it up. And if you enjoy it the best you can.
Speaker 1: Well, I think part of the reason that a person like you know not to bring it back to golf, but you could apply this to anybody. A guy like Tiger Woods goes off the rails. I think he was probably convinced that the payoff was gonna be the payoff and the thing, and it wasn't enough, and so he needed all the women in the and whatever all of other weird things he was doing to try to get the high that he needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted that fist pumping, yelling moment to like last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the goal anyway.
Speaker 2: A weirdly appropriate word from our friends at Trust and Will. You can get security and peace of mind by making an estate plan. Now, please don't subject your family, the people you care about the most two years of fights in the courts and arguing with the government over your stuff and your wealth. Get on Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the fact that you could jump on a website today and start filling in the boxes online for your Will and Trust and have that done pretty easily. And then you've got it done and you'll manage that from here on out yourself. There's all kinds of customer customer support if you get stuck on anything through chat, phone or email.
Speaker 2: But you can do this, and here's the main attraction. This is so important, but it can be time consuming and expensive. You can create and manage your custom estate plan starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars, secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. Twenty percent off. That's trust and Will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: You know you need to do it, get started.
Speaker 1: So to the idea that there is no payoff, here's here's the you know, here's the thing to know about life. There is no payoff. Can how many of us can you look at the day today and I've got a very mundane routine day work, got an appointment with something, somebody's gonna come fix something on my car, blah blah blah, take care of the kids, meal for sam uh? Can I can you get up every day and think today is the payoff? This is the payoff. Today is my payoff? Is that motivating is hard?
Speaker 3: That is hard. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I blew my own mind.
Speaker 2: The great philosophers of the world have concerned themselves with this very question, and they've come up with different answers.
Speaker 1: I may have immobilized myself. I mean no longer. I might not be able to function the rest of the day. I'm gonna lock up and they're gonna carry me out of here on a gurney.
Speaker 3: Ironic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be unfortunate, all right, Any thoughts on this text line four one, five two nine five KFTC. Pretty philosophical segment we did, uh, just previously, which we do more than practically anybody I've ever heard. On radio podcast, Lex Friedman gets into it now and then on his podcast is sort of stuff, meaning a life stuff anyway. Uh, if you missed it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's basically the the things you think are going to make you happy aren't going to make you happy, and just accepting daily life for what it is is going to make you happy, which I find comforting and depressing at the same time. Then anyway, Uh, somebody texted I recall Spock's quote. Spock, the fictional character from Star Trek that's mister Spock to you.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 1: After a time you may find that having is not as pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It's not logical, but it's true. Wow, well said Spock.
Speaker 3: Fascinating.
Speaker 1: So we got a bombing going on, Israel bombing the cas capital of Syria. Why will Tree angst of Fox, explaining that somewhat.
Speaker 5: Now, all of these Israeli strikes taking place in response to violence that is erupting in the Swaya province of southern Syria. There is a Druze population in southern Syria that is supported by the Israeli government. So when violence erupted there earlier this week, the Israelis began to carry out a series of air strikes against Syrian government tanks that were approaching the city. There was concern that they would participate in the fighting that was being done between the Drus and Siri Assyrian Sunni Bedouin tribe. Now, as this was erupting, there were warnings and conversations taking place with Israeli officials using back channels to speak with the Syrian government telling them not to enter the sway To province because it could be a threat not only to Israel as these forces got closer to Israeli territory.
Speaker 1: But also it's good Michael, So, yeah, you got this Druze population which I barely heard of ever in my life, and apparently there's quite a few that live in Israel, and Israel said, hey, we're going to protect these people. Well they got attacked over the weekend and it's grown and grown and grown.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's that.
Speaker 2: And just as as tree Yngst put it, that they have a very uneasy, let's wait and see relationship with the former radical Islamist currently suit wearing seemingly reasonable leaders of Syria, and they're like, no, don't bring your troops that close to us.
Speaker 1: The most serious threat yet to the ability of Syria's new rulers to consolidate control of the country, says the AP. So remember that Asad where is Asad? Does he live in Russia? Now? I don't remember he got out of there without being hung by his feet or having to ride a bayonet down the street like Kadafi did in Libya, which looked unpleasant. He escapes to Russia, and then this guy, former isis guy, ends up, renounces, denounces his tie to Muslim fundamentalism and ends up in charge of Syria. But now that government might be shaky because of these big bombings there in the capitol. I don't know there you go, right, and separating what's a religion and what's like a political party, if you will, is very difficult in the Middle East, which is why I despise identity politics. So you got a breaking news up there on CNN. Bondi Attorney General refuses to answer questions over handling of Epstein. She's answering some questions. Somebody brought up Epstein. She said she had no more to say about it. Trump just called the Epstein matter bull s. Can we get a ruling from the FCC that we can say that word? The president says it on a regular basis. The idea great word well, and the idea that we can't say what the president said is crazy in terms of the public airwaves, right AnyWho he calls, so, how do you feel about that? If you voted for Trump at least partially or maybe a lot, because they were going to get to the bottom of the Epstein thing. He calls the whole thing bulls. More on what bulls that we can't say bulls? More on what Trump just said about the Epstein stuff coming up Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson said that Attorney General Bondi should come forward and explain her inconsistent statements about the Epstein files, and at least two Republican senators close to Trump are calling for congressional testimony from Gallaine Maxwell, Epstein's longtime associate who is now in prison for conspiring with Epstein to sexually abuse young girls.
Speaker 1: So here's an off the air conversation Joe and I just had. I just checked in with a correspondent from the world of the country's being run by pedophiles and Epstein is the keystone. Disappointed in Trump that he's helping to cover this up, said to me, how many people are there with this point of view? My response would be enough to get the Speaker of a House to tell the Attorney General she needs to come clean with the stuff. He must be hearing from enough people that he thinks it's politically important for him to act like he's on that.
Speaker 3: I would say, to put out this fire as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, I find it hard to believe that. Speaker Johnson believes this. But anyway, So here's Joe Rogan talking about it in his podcast, which represents a lot of MAGA. They've got videotape, and all of a sudden, they don't you know, you have the director of the FBI on this show saying there's no tape. There was nothing you're looking for is on those tapes? Like what, why'd they say there was thousands of hours of tapes of people doing horrible Why did they say that? Didn't Pam Bondy say that, I.
Speaker 3: Can tell you why exactly.
Speaker 2: If I have a concern real or imagine, and a politician says you're absolutely right about your concern and I'm gonna fix it, you vote for them.
Speaker 3: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 2: You've got a certain sub segment of MAGA or Republicans or humans who believe this stuff and are fired up about it, and you want their votes. Having gotten their votes and now being put in a position of power where you could actually solve it, now you've got somehow to square that circle and say, yeah, yeah, you know, it's not actually really a thing. I got all the files and there's nothing there. Having built their career on saying you're right it's real and I'm gonna fix it.
Speaker 1: Well, some of them knew it wasn't real or didn't think it was real. Some people believe it's real or believed it's real.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know about these House members you're about to hear from. I don't know all of them. Norman, Burchett, Bobert, you know, listen to what they have to say. These are some Republicans who want answers.
Speaker 7: Whatever they have, and I think Van Vondi is turning it over somebody else now or whatever they have it. They used to be transparent.
Speaker 8: The needs to come out transparent.
Speaker 7: I would say that I don't know what they had give me. This all just came to a head and we'll see. But I'm on all this. It should be transparent to the American people so they don't need to see what's in there, and that's not hard.
Speaker 8: Should there be an investigation or a special counsel investigation, I don't know. I'm not an attorney. I just find them guilty and hang them publicly. I mean, I'm not that's not over the top either. I'm ready. I'm over it to disgust me. I'm big on clarity and transparency, and you know that's a good reason people don't trust government, either party.
Speaker 1: But you don't believe what the Justice Department is saying.
Speaker 8: I don't know, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 8: I think, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't trust me.
Speaker 5: I think moving forward, we need a special counsel that has got to happen.
Speaker 1: There special a certain segment that wants a special council. Whoa will that happen or not? You know how special councils work. They start digging into one thing and it turns into another thing and who knows where that ever goes. That middle guy Burchette or Burchette, I want him hung now he publicly it's disgusted me. He is a guy that clearly believes it's true that we have a you know, a pedophile ring run by business leaders and politicians of all stripes. The elite of this country are behind a giant child sex trafficking ring that has been going on here that has to do with the Masade and the Jews, So Hollywood, business leaders, Republicans, and Democrats, mostly Democrats. I don't believe that at all that that is happening, but some of you do that guy wants him hung. Now see, you got that crowd that is influential enough to make the Speaker of the House at least to have to pretend to care.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, then Trump continues to push back on his biggest supporters. You're CNN reporting on the truth social that came out while we're on the air today, forty Michael.
Speaker 9: Clearly, this is not dying down in the way that the President had hoped. We heard him yesterday saying this was uninteresting, but what we're hearing from today is far harsher. The President accusing on the one hand, Democrats of manufacturing this, saying that it's a Jeffrey Epstein hoax, but then going very harshly after those very Republicans who are his supporters and are calling for more transparency, saying that his past supporters have bought into what he calls bs. He uses the actual word, he calls it hook, line and sinker. The President going on to say, let these weaklings continue forward and do the Democrats work, concluding I don't want their support anymore.
Speaker 1: Oooh boy, that's a heck of a thing. So I was just reading some tweets from people saying things like I'm so disappointed in Donald Trump. I can't believe he's part of this. He called them weaklings. I don't want their support anymore.
Speaker 3: Well for the BS, hook Line and Sinker right.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if the crowd that's really into this is one percent of his support or five or thirty. I haven't got the slightest idea, do.
Speaker 2: You No, I'd be guessing it's more than five.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I would.
Speaker 2: I'm tempted to guess, but there's no point in it. You know what, play play Mike Johnson for me thirty two. I think this explains a lot.
Speaker 10: It's a very delicate subject, but we should we should put everything out there and let the people decide it. I agree with the sentiment that we need to we need to put it out there. And you know, Pam BONDI I don't know when she originally made the statement. I think she was talking about document as I understood it that they were on her desk. I don't know that she was specific about a list or whatever. But she's to come forward and explain that to everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's exactly what's going on and the whole the Great Conspiracy theory thing.
Speaker 2: There are plenty of facts there that really lend themselves to spinning a great complicated, nefarious yarn.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's fact free.
Speaker 2: It's just that you know too many dots are connected to you know confidently they're not. Really, they don't build the case you think they do. I think y'all are wrong. But again, as I say many times, we can still be friends. And if I'm wrong, I will say so. But what Mike Johnson is saying, and a number of people are saying, and then Trump put it way more strongly than they would have, is look Cash, Betel, Dan Bongino, Pam Bondy. You catered to these people in their belief. You reinforced it, and you said you were the people to get in there and solve it, to get their votes and get their support.
Speaker 3: They gave it to you.
Speaker 2: Now you are in the Henhouse, you have access to everything you need to fulfill your promise. But you know now and you knew then that it wasn't true. This giant, mysterious sex masade.
Speaker 3: Cabal doesn't exist and never did.
Speaker 2: And what Mike Johnson is saying is and you just said, no, it's fine.
Speaker 3: We've looked at it and there's nothing there.
Speaker 2: That's not good enough you convince these people that it was true and you are going to fix it. You need to know better than yeah, I've looked at the file and there's nothing there. Anyway, moving along, we need more and like several people have said, we need more transparency, Well you need to do a hell of a lot better job of building the case that there's nothing there and never was, or it's not going to satisfy anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to Trump's comments, because they're a separate thing, the reason ones what could Bondye or the FBI director Patel say at this point, I think coming clean and saying, look, we were just jerking you around to get vote. No, they wouldn't believe that for one thing.
Speaker 2: Well, that's and that is what could you say at this point, Well, that's the hazard of doing what they did is undoing it is practically impossible. But man, especially because the nature of this and I've read it with interest more as a student of human psychology than like believing any of it. But the people who like are the fuel of this sort of thing. They're very, very creative, and as they will identify somebody like Donald Trump is the great center by Jesus Christ, hero who's going to solve this? And then when he comes out saying stuff like you said today or doing the things he's done lately, they will invent a very creative, well written scenario of why he did that, how they got to him, and how that proves X, Y and Z.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Trump probably does know what percentage of his voter support are these people. He probably has those numbers. We're guessing is it one or thirty percent? He probably not.
Speaker 3: Don Junior knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But so who was it that had the article a while back the great Mainstreaming of Donald Trump? And it was about how he is really fairly mainstream at this point on a whole bunch of different things, and maybe this is another one of them where he's thinking, I'm gonna get more of the middle of the politics to come to my side. By casting these people off net, we'll have more people. So I'm saying to him, I don't want your support anymore. You're crazy, And he's gonna handle a bigger chunk.
Speaker 2: He doesn't neither support anymore because he's lame duck and he can't run again, so he's like, all right, I'm done catering to you people.
Speaker 3: Well, he wants to annoying.
Speaker 1: I assume he wants to win the midterms though still have the Congress, so he doesn't get himpeach him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the whole coattails thing, I don't know. It's it's it's so overrated. As you've you know, said many many times. I think it's it reminds me very much of And you made this point. You were one of the first people I heard made this point, make this point during the first campaign.
Speaker 3: Uh, And you can talk about Charlottesville or whatever.
Speaker 2: But when the media and everybody on the left was going insane calling Trump a racist, saying the only reason to support Trump is because you're a racist. Only racists support Trump, blah blah blah, it was just stupid and wrong and way overstated and and group think is the left off and is But Trump was doing the same thing. He wasn't going to say anything to run off the racists. He thought, what's the point. It's like angering the plumbers union when he's building a hotel. There's no point. It doesn't do him any good. And the mainstreamers were saying, no, you got to disavow this and that, and you gotta condemn him. What about this guy the name of Aim, you gotta say you hate him. He's like, I don't know the guy. Uh. And this is similar up until roughly now, there was no point in running off the Epstein conspiracy. Theorist crowd didn't do him any good. But I always had enough. But god, dang it, you could be more gentle with somebody. I mean, if people honest, honestly believe something that emotionally is very important to them, I mean, yeah, Trump is unnecessarily hurtful on a daily basis to friends, allies, supporters, cabinet members. But man, if you have people who were who care a lot about child sexual abuse and who doesn't but in some cases they were abused themselves and whatever motivates them to be in the crowd, and they think there's a lot of you know, this sex traffic of kids going on and Trump can stop it. And he doesn't just say, look, I know you care about this. I care about it too. It's horrible. I'll do anything I can to lessen that in our country. But there's not a giant ring of Democrats running.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. He called them weirdos. He says, I don't want your.
Speaker 2: Support, right, it's a sincerely held believe Yes exactly, that's my point.
Speaker 1: You just said it in forwards instead of my fifty.
Speaker 2: Well this is the guy who called his at the time Director of National Intelligence.
Speaker 3: Well he said, I don't care what she thinks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, she's still the DNI. That's the same guy. So it's not that shocking. Wow, it is surprising yet unshocking. Shocking yet unsurprising.
Speaker 1: That's the one he wants. The story overs what he wants. I don't want this to last another day? What do I gotta say to end this freaking Epstein story? That's what he's thinking.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly, Okay, Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't want your support anymore.
Speaker 2: Whoooo and for what it's worth, we may differ on this, friends, on this specific question, but we are certainly as enthusiastic as you are about ending child's sexual exploitation and abuse wherever it happens. Oh, speaking of which, next hour and if you don't get Next Hour, you can just follow us on whatever podcasting service you like. Armstrong getting on demand a child porn related story. In another porn related story with some troubling. You know, this is the age of the Internet implications. But also I've got a very weird, probably unwise, contrarian take on an extremely controversial topic. Okay, we'll probably end both my careers. My career and everybody else who works on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, that's something to look forward to an hour Michael Yours to Michael. So, uh, coming up is AI? How racist is AI? Actress Emma Watson has lost your driver's license? Full teams, among other things, the way to hear.
Speaker 6: A nudist group in Pittsburgh over the weekend held its annual Balls Out Bowling event.
Speaker 1: Because who hasn't hung out at a bowling alley and thought.
Speaker 9: I wish all these people were naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just that's a different version. Yep, yeah, Okay. Donald Trump just said in a meeting that he's going to fire Fed Chief Powell. So whatever, all right, there you go away.
Speaker 2: And that does tariff thing's about to come home to risk.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: A couple of oddly related stories. Number one, the future farming is entirely automated. It's just reading about it. It knocked my socks off. It's clearly the future. Maybe we'll talk about it next hour, if not maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Generally, all the tractor driving shit be I mean, what a monotonous job that. I mean, there's a reason that at least back in the day, like twelve year olds drove tractors, because anybody can do the part that's just back and forth in a field.
Speaker 2: Right right, Yeah, And it's super interesting from a technical point of view.
Speaker 3: But more on that to come.
Speaker 2: Speaking of professions that are oddly dominated by people who don't seem to be native English speakers, construction. I've been observing with great interest the construction part of our remodel that we've got going on.
Speaker 3: Judy and me.
Speaker 1: Unge and Joe's getting a dungeon, putting itself a sex dungeon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm the kind of guy I did not grow up, you know, among carpenters and builders and that sort of thing. I came to it late in life because Judy and I will post childhood, because we were young and poor and we'd buy crappy houses than do like most of the work ourselves to fix them up and make them livable. So I learned a fair amount, but I'm still like have a newbies fascination with how they.
Speaker 3: Do this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I was watching the guys building our chimney because he got a fireplace, and uh, and these guys, first of all, they're at the top of this scaffolding that I would poop a brick. I mean, I would never ever climb up there. I'm glad they're doing it, but it struck me. In this age of incredible technology and and laser pointers and computers and and and AI and the rest of it, the best, most universally useful tool for figuring out whether something is level or not is a bubble suspended and fluid. Nothing has come close to a bubble suspended and fluid.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: It is perfect. And I just thought, Wow, surround it with fancy aluminum and all. But that's still like the best ever developed.
Speaker 1: I have a level on my phone. Do you have one of those? I use it semi one. I was building fences and stuff.
Speaker 3: I would you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's funny. I never think of it. I grabbed my actual level. When was the level invented?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's got to be way way, way way back.
Speaker 3: Greekly the internet probably know.
Speaker 1: Egyptians probably had a level for building the periods pyramids.
Speaker 2: The pyramids yeah, you look back, thousands of Archimedes and the great mathematicians of old Man. They were way smarter than me, and they didn't even have a car.
Speaker 1: So groc Elon's AI outfit, trying to get past the anti Semitism thing from last week, has two new characters that are hilarious unintentionally and sexual. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty