Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Are you ready? It's about to hit the fan. Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays in Wrestling with Friday. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to a brand new episode of on Sanctioned Thursdays.
Speaker 2: Structure eath that we had a death and destruction.
Speaker 1: We didn't. That's what the band I hired the that's their take on the show. Man. I think you a lot of money on that. Ladies and gentlemen. It is the new year coming up, and so we're gonna have some no stradamis New Year's philosophies and prognostications because we're the ultimate prognosticators. I hope that word means what I think it means. Moving on, this is a crazy year for wrestling, you guys, WWE and AEW. We're going to talk a little bit about both. This is our shorter one, so we can't jump into it as much as we want to, but we will jump into it right away. Here we go strying with WWE. Here's the headline, breaking the attendance record. Well what does that mean? Well, the WWE is gonna try to break the all in attendance record that was set by AEW in twenty twenty three. Can they succeed? WWE will find a city and they will outsell that that AW record and if they don't, oh my god, like that'll break the wrestling Internet. It could complete them. Oh my god, they took on the chap and there they're no tramp didn't loans Like, people will go crazy, But I think WWE can probably pull it off. What about you?
Speaker 2: I also think so WWE seems like it's shifting in popularity. I feel like it's coming back, and maybe this is this happens kind of every single time Vince gets out of Creative It feels like, I don't think that that's a coincidence. This is the third or the second or the third time that when Vince is gone, all these exciting things start happening over at WW and everybody may There was a time in this past year where I was like, why would anyone even want to be at WWE right now?
Speaker 1: Like AWS, There's so many times people have felt that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's like it's so good over there. What they're doing is great. They're definitely growing to the new kid on the block. And in these past like a couple of months, I'm now in my own brain going, why wouldn't anyone want to be at AW if you could be at like that Survivor series when Ciampunk came out. That pop that he got must have been so confirming for him, like, oh yeah, WWE is still bigger. It's still like this this this.
Speaker 1: GiB they sell out more for sure.
Speaker 2: It just seems like WWE will have kind of not the monopoly, but like they they they kind of have the little edge on them being around longer. They it seems like they have deeper pockets. I know Tony Kahann is a billionaire, but how deep We don't know how to measure how deep billionaires reach into their pockets. You know, we don't know what they're spending or what they what they're willing to spend, et cetera. Long story short. All that being said, I think WWE will definitely break all the attendance records for at least the next you know, near future.
Speaker 1: And then AW could have a shot at breaking that record again with their following all in that's going to be back in England again, so this could go back and forth for a while. And these these pay per views, as as I like to call him can definitely do it. You mentioned CM punk. As far as prognostications go, I think the safe bet. As everybody sees cmpunk going up against Seth Rollins, this is definitely good for business if CM punk can stay healthy. I will say this though, so much of the Seth Rollins character. Not so much, but a decent portion of the Seth Rollins character was built up on these interviews he did outside of wrestling for hardcore fans, and he told him he was glad he's gone stay away. I don't ever want to see your face again. And it felt so real and legitimate. Now after Survivors series, it felt a little less real because, like you said, it was Michael Cole holding him back, Which did I feel like Seth could break the grip of Michael Cole. No, no offense, Michael. You know I love you, but just a professional wrestler might be a little stronger than you, just a smidge, so to me, it kind of dampens that a bit. However, Triple H has been able to make some seriously long term storylines work, and he's been able to interlace them with other storylines and do all kinds of really fun magic that I think wrestling fans have been enjoying and is one of the reasons why you're excited about WWE again is because these stories feel a little more organic. So I think it's good for business. My fears that he can't stay healthy to finish the story, which would be a damn shame. But what do you think, dude?
Speaker 2: I have been asking myself since the return of CM Punk.
Speaker 1: Do I really care.
Speaker 2: About him in the ring? Do I really want to watch him wrestle? Or am I more excited about the drama of the back stage stuff? Is he gonna fight anyone? Is he gonna threaten anyone? Who's he pissing off? Ooh, so and so stormed out? So and so gave middle fingers and is upset? Oh they're really mad. Oh they're not really mad. Oh maybe so and so is not mad. So it's like I'm almost more into CM Punk for all this backstage gossip crap. I'm the one going ooh, seem punk is back? Is everyone mad or happy? And so I am to blame for it? But I don't think that it's any match in the ring that I'm gonna really be jacked up, or I think that I will. I am predicting for myself that I think I'll pretty quickly not care pretty soon about CMU being in WB.
Speaker 1: I'll close it as far as the WW side of this goes on this, I don't know how much backstage stuff you're going to see because it's a corporate world there now and that's not going to fly. There may be a lack of television time because he'll take up a lot just based on people compelled to watch him. But I hear you, man. You also, I think it's fair to say that you try to focus or give focus to the new generation and see what they've got, and that takes away time from the new generation with those long promos and things like that, jumping over to aew new arrivals. People think Sasha Banks may be one to go over there, but we could prognosticate on that. I'd like to focus a bit more on Will Osprey, who will be starting very very soon, and I think February or March is when he's going to debut, and after he has his first match against whoever, I don't care who it is, he's going to win. He is going to be the front runner to finally dethrone the ae W world's greatest champion that they've ever had, mister Maxwell Jacob Friedman. I don't know if Max wins that match. I think will Osprey is going to get a rocket ship strap to him, and I think it is going to be propelled to the world championship. And I don't see him taking many losses on that journey. His promo work was supreme, supreme. Even when he gets mad at the crowd, they can't get mad. Back when he was like, I'm coming, but you have to give me time, and they were like, boo, we don't want to give you time joined now. And he's like, Hi, you listen to me. I'll be here what I'll get here, And the crowd's like, oh, sorry, sorry, we'll It was oh sick. You had total control of a hot crowd because his energy is hot, right, like he burns bright. So I'm really excited to see what they do with this guy. My prognostication is straight to the top for will Osprey. I think that's not a hot take. He's the freaking man. I was just late to the party. Everyone else is already on that ship. I'm just on the dock, Like, throw me a room. I don't want to miss the match. Unfortunately, they were kind enough to toss me one. What about you, dude, do you want to talk Ausprey or do you want to talk Mercedes mon eight?
Speaker 2: I think will Ospray is definitely Here's here's my predictions. In No stradamis Fashion. I think MJF is going to go to WWE. You will see Matt Riddle in a e W. I predicted that it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: Where does Sasha Banks gonna Where's where do you think she lands? It's not ae W. She's gonna come to w WE. She's gonna come right back. That's what. That's what. That's my prediction for sure. It's sad that we'll see m JF and w B, but it's time that big, that next big step for him, that next big stage he's done. Here's the thing. You say, well, why, or you might say why is any loyal to ae W? You know, blah blah blah. It's dude, he's done everything you can do there and it's gonna it's gonna be like O Tawny in MLB. Dude, they're gonna throw a heap of money at at MJF. And then he's gonna go, all right, I'll just see what I can do over here. And if if all fails in WB, if like for whatever reason, they can't make the the Golden Child of MJF work, he'll just go back to anywhere else he wants. That's what the best to do. We just go, okay, well I'll go back there and they'll say, well you left us, and he'll say yeah, and they'll go all right, got come on back.
Speaker 1: I mean they're not.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no When you're as good and as famous and as over as MJF is, you don't gotta worry about what's gonna happen if it doesn't go as hoped.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, you have our prognostications. We thank you for your time, We thank you for the energy that helped motivate this seance of thoughts and feelings. But we hope all our dreams come true. I hope the MJF one does not come true, and I hope he stays in a so I hope you're wrong, mister noster Damas. But we thank you, guys, and don't forget to tune in every single week. Happy New Year to everyone, Take care peace. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.