Speaker 1: Thoughts, I'm booking bruntson.
Speaker 2: Man, you got a better chance believing that a dragonfly fing to deliver you at peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Speaker 3: Nigga, I don't believe that shit. What did j Will say? You got a better chance of pissing in a hot sauce bottle.
Speaker 1: Shout out to j Will, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: To unplug our weekly look around and Jack, there's some shit going on right now.
Speaker 1: But man, first of all, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? My brother can't complain. How you Man? I can't call him.
Speaker 1: Man. Just got back from Memphis.
Speaker 3: First lag at eybl team played really well, Twins played really well. Man decided I'm getting to coach from my homeboy Moose as well. So I got a robby plane ride. Man, that was crazy. So shout out Mark Cuban. Man. So our flight got delayed out of LA, missed the connect and then wouldn't have got us in until after the first game. We had a Friday night game. I'm like, I can't miss my son's first Eybo game. So I hit Mark Cuban as I was sitting in the airport, and motherfucker hit me back in less than thirty seconds, Jack, that's why he's stay on the ship. He put me with some lady, then connect me to another lady and shit. An hour later, I'm on a PJ to Memphis, man, So definitely shout out Mark Cuban and this team. Man, you guys are amazing. It was a cold call too, like I ain't talk to Mark in a minute. So yeah, Mark Cuban, man, you see why he's one of the best in the game.
Speaker 1: Before we get to.
Speaker 3: Your Iphison classics that you're heading to this week, reminder to all you guys out there, we're on tour baby Detroit June thie, Chicago June fourth.
Speaker 4: Pull up.
Speaker 3: You can go to all the Smoke Productions dot com slash tour for your tickets. Be there or keep being a square.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 3: You're off to Virginia for the Allen Iverson game. You maybe fourth or fifth year doing it. Your son is in it this year, which I think is amazing. Congratulations. I already know what that feeling is like. I'm looking forward to that feeling one day. Just talk to us a little bit about this game. Obviously you've been a big advocate for it. Uh, you know, Chuck is our family seen some young NBA stars who are now stars in the playoffs come through that game. So so, so tell me what you're looking forward to most about the game, and then let's go into some of the former guys that have blessed the game.
Speaker 4: I'm always excited about this week. Mac.
Speaker 2: You never I never thought that, you know, a guy like Alas, one of the best players ever, would let me be the face of his game. Basically, you know what I'm saying. So I basically run the game, but I basically run the game on the ground with the players. But Shot, I got. I can't talk about the game without Shot. Now, Bobby and Joe, the founders of the game, the guys who run the game and all that.
Speaker 3: Because somebody give me not to cut you off, because somebody give me Bobby's voice real quick, even if it's someone in the back right now.
Speaker 4: I'll give it. I'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: Matt Well. This year the obviously the classic. We're gonna We're gonna have it right at Chuck School. Yeah, it's gonna be. It's gonna be at Chick School this year.
Speaker 4: A Bethel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you've been down to Belt, but that's where it's gonna be this yield down at his hometown.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna beautiful to be back in in.
Speaker 4: Norfolk, Virginia.
Speaker 2: All Chucks people gonna be there and uh, the greatest, the best experiences though to spending time with these kids. Mat so many pros as have it come through this game. I've gained so many relationships with so many kids. My son get to experience this, get to experience it this year being around a lot of these kids before he make his decision on where he's going to school. So you know, I'm just grateful to Chuck and then bobbing them for allow me to be in his position and also just to be a part of the game.
Speaker 1: Man, shout out Chuck.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it's it's he's coming back outside. As as the young people like to say, Man, he got a street named after him, got his statue on you know, the row in Philly.
Speaker 1: Uh, this game continues to grow.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm glad he's decided to come out and play because the world needs him and definitely missed him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Jack, they released the trailer that clipped uh the Donald Sterling.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Since you when I was with the Clippers comes out on FX, A show I got to consult on. I wouldn't even call it a EP because it definitely wasn't the EP, but I got to consult. They hit me about some things, but I think they hollywooded it a lot as well. But I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: They got Ed O'Neil playing Donald Sterling, Lawrence Fishburne playing Doc. Lawrence's hairline was on point. My homeboy Sharoness playing me. He said, I was blessed to have him play me.
Speaker 1: My little homie, bro.
Speaker 3: Don't forget don't forget that, but not anyway. Man, really excited. They cast it well, So I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how that turns out. That release that comes out June fourth on FX Breathe In, Breathe Out.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 3: For the first time in twenty years, the fans in the NBA will not have Steph KD or King James in the second round of the playoffs. Lakers are finished. Darvin Ham our guy be out per Shams. Obviously he's going to be the fall guy.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this Laker team. Man.
Speaker 3: They got out rebuild a by nearly thirty rebounds in this series. Rondo mentioned on our show a while back, you know, the recipe to being able to beat these guys was, you know, kind of having that really big front line that you could throw different looks at Jokic. With all that said, and I'm gonna give you your time to speak.
Speaker 1: The Lakers didn't play bad.
Speaker 3: Two big offensive rebounds, two shots at the buzzer by Jamal Murray. I feel like if they would have played someone else, we would see them in the second round. You can say what you want about the coaches and the way this roster is built, but they ran into fucking dinner in the first round. And Denver looks really good right now. So what are your thoughts on this Laker team? Guys that did step up didn't step up the future.
Speaker 1: Let's get into that.
Speaker 4: They had their expectations too high. That's just my thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this team being the team that was gonna make some noise in the West end of the playoffs and possibly have a chance to win the championship. This I knew this team was gonna be the team that they were playing in the play in didn't you.
Speaker 1: Say they were your dark curse?
Speaker 3: At one point, I swear you did, because I said I wasn't mad at it.
Speaker 2: No, No, No, I know I probably did. But I didn't say the team that was gonna win the championship. I said the team that could make some noise. Yeah, I definitely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, But my.
Speaker 2: Expectations for them being the championship team wasn't high at all, you know what I'm saying. I saw the roster they had, and I knew Bron was gonna have to be Uhun Braun that he was when he when he had the series against Golden State, when he was having the trip forty trip forty point triple doubles. Uh and on the road at Golden State, he was gonna have to be that Brun. I know that he didn't. I know that Broun wasn't gonna come back in that arena, you know what I'm saying. But Broun still was great, you know what I'm saying. He still was putting up Hall of Fame numbers, but he needed help. Ad played well, Bro, but they just I think the expectations of this team was just too high, even with them playing as well as they did play they still was in the play in they still got beat in the first round, So that let you know that team was not good enough.
Speaker 4: The station was too high.
Speaker 3: I think one person they thought they were gonna get more of than they got nothing out of a spencer Dinwiddy, And I was a little disappointed to him because he you know where he's been, He's always been able to get you a bucket, and I think that's something they definitely needed. But Jack, I want to take it a little further back. And obviously because everyone likes to twist shit and stretch shit. And they got Russell Westbrook, not Russell's fault, because the Lakers did what they had to do to get them. They ended up having to trade their core pieces, guys that you need to win games, like the other Shack likes to call them the others. You lose KCP, who's doing this thing for Denver, unfortunate. I think he just got hurt, but you know he's already won another championship with Denver core piece Kyle Kuzma, someone who's on a bad team but did his role for the Lakers and you know, can get a bucket. And then they lost Caruso too because they had to low ball them due to the Russell Westbrook deal, and we already know what kind of dog Caruso is probably First team All Defense, someone that would have guarded Jamal Murray in this series. So, you know, I look at management, you know, to be honest with you, with some of the decisions they made, whether manage it means Lebron's side of things, or managed means Rob Polinka in his crew, because again, this is a poorly constructed situation.
Speaker 1: You know, they got pieces.
Speaker 3: They were able to strike go last year at the trade deadline and add some few pieces and made a run to the Western Conference and everyone thought, you know, this next year they were going to make a jump. But this is not that they got good pieces. But pieces have to fit in jail, and I definitely don't feel like the Lakers pieces jail. This is the first time since twenty eighteen Bronc and you know, will hit free agency. There's talks that the Lakers want to draft his son, you know, in the second round and possibly keep them there. Darvin Ham is probably going to be the going to be the fall guy who was criticized this season about you know, sub substitutions, Timeout x's and no's. He was, Chris has about everything, but he already know that Laker hot seat.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 3: And then any team coaching Bron, the coach is always gonna take some shit up.
Speaker 1: Were just being honest.
Speaker 3: So Jack BRONI comes to the Lakers or or or does Broun leave? I think carry champion if I'm not mistaken. Put something out that said right before the game is that she talked to someone and someone that someone told her that this is Lebron's last game in purple and gold. So there's just a lot of shit out of there. Breathe in, breathe out. The Lakers' front office failed them, and Darvin Ham is going to be the fall guy.
Speaker 2: I saw something that with Broun. They asked Broun was his last game in the Lakers' uniform. He said, I'm not going to answer that. That's the answer right there. That's the answer right there.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I think he just he just controlling the narrative and forcing whatever he wanted to play the draft his son.
Speaker 4: He said he wanted to play with his son.
Speaker 2: He has nothing else to gain, all the prove in the game of basketball no more. I think anything that he does at this point or wherever he goes, it's strictly off him wanting to be with his son and got his son and be a mentor to his son. I'll be able to say he played in the NBA with his son, because we know he said that before. So whatever bron do, we're gonna follow. We're gonna support. If it's his last game in the Lakers uniform, which I do think, because they're not gonna get no better. I don't see nobody going over there. I don't know what they what they're gonna do to make the marble a sudden jump to the top of the Western Conference again at the ages, so you know, just make them move, Go play with your son and do what's best. But he's gonna he's not gonna say nothing until he knows that he's in a situation where he control where a son can be with him.
Speaker 3: Darvin Ham, he most likely is done. I'm sure there's seing some things he would have changed in this process of things. But you remember when we talked to him, man that there's no hotter seat in professional sports than the Lakers, and then on top of that, having Brown on that team, I mean that's every day you're the topic of discussion. So you know, we wish him well and if it was his last game, we hope he's able to land on his feet.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Again, it's won the Lakers to Lebron, so it's hard to kind of really judge a coach under those circumstances.
Speaker 1: Moving on, the former Laker coach Bring Vogel and the Phoenix Suns were swept out by ant Man and Jack.
Speaker 3: Before we get into how amazing Minnesota played and Cat played and Ant played and their role players and Rudy played, shout out ticket. KG saw this coming about two months ago when we did certify Smoke, and I think the whole panel gave him a little shit. At the time, he compared them to eighty four Jordan, and now you're seeing all these side by side comparisons of him and MJ. But Anthony Edwards has taken it to another level. Jack and for young players. Like I said, I think I said it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I just had to see it and I'm seeing it and I believe it talked to us.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll get to Phoenix and the disappointment they had, but let's let's celebrate the team that won. First talked to me about Anthony Edwards and this Minnesota Timberwolves team.
Speaker 2: Man, they played like a type like a top team in the West, like they've been playing all year. Like they say, Man, he just did different. Man, he got a different type of passion. You know, like I honestly haven't seen this type of player since Kobe, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, And that that's just being honestly truth.
Speaker 2: You know, the passion on both ends of the ball, the willing, the willingness to win, to to the just the will to win and force your team whatever it takes be a team to win, pushing everybody, talking to your teammates on defense and offense, challenging the best player on the other side.
Speaker 4: Like that's what we want to see from a superstar.
Speaker 2: So we we and we and I think it's just everybody's talking about it, Matt, because we're excited to finally see that, you know what I mean, And you haven't with with having great players like Carl Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobell on his team. You know, they even stepping back to letting him know like you are you are him, you are next, Yeah, you are him and they embracing it.
Speaker 4: Man, I think that's why they having success.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean with everything you said, average is thirty one eight and six, was shooting fifty from the field and forty three percent from the three point line. But I want, I want to shout out management. This is a really well built team. You got nas Reed the sixth Man of Year. I like Javis McDaniels. That motherfucker is a dog.
Speaker 4: He tak.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh, but yeahs Red. He's one of my favorite players.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was selling high on him.
Speaker 3: If you want to go back and check the tape, I say he's going to be one of the best free agents, and then you know he was. He was able to resign with Minnesota win six Man the Year. Javis McDaniels is a young six ' nine dog on the defensive end who talked shit and got some offense to him. Mike Conye sets a sixteen years seventeen year vet that kind of keeps everything in order while staying in his lane.
Speaker 4: Put in the last one left yep.
Speaker 3: Saying what you want about Rita Gobert, but he gets the job done on that defensive end, and he's giving you about ten to twelve points. So you know this team was constructed well uh, and you're seeing the result of obviously a young emerging superstar and Anthony Edwards and with this team is capable of on the flip side, Booker, Kevin Durant, Bradley Beal, Jack, I always looked at this team and I fucked with Book and I actually fuck with three of them. But I always felt like this team with one of them dudes in the gym that only did upper body upper body strong as a motherfucker, but didn't got know that, and they standing on two sticks for legs like they just didn't. Again, management didn't build a roster. Shout out Grayson Allen. He was kind of someone who was an other that really stepped up this year. Got him some bread shot the ball well but he got hurt. But Jack, we all know this team too many similar guys that do too many similar things. I think they thought because last year when Book, when CP would go down, Book would have four or five games stretchers where he's averaging nine assists the game and and and okay, he's a facilitator and he has got better facilitating, but let's keep it real. I was seep's job getting everyone else involved with that team. And they had you know, Booker who's a bucket getter, one of the best in the game, kd who was a you know, one of the greatest scores we've ever seen. And then Bradley Beal, who's been coming off of injury riddled last three or four years, wasn't very It wasn't it was.
Speaker 1: In and out of a lot, wasn't very consistent. But when he's healthy, he's a bucket getter.
Speaker 3: So no one to get them the balls, no one to do the dirty work, you know, not a ton of role players missed. Aiden Vogal is probably gonna be the fall guy again. But talk to me about the disappointment, uh with this team.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it'll it'll ever work when you got three stars and none of them are defenders.
Speaker 4: As you see, they just got swept by a team.
Speaker 2: They got three stars, two of them are scores, but all three of them are defenders. All three of them are defenders, you know, So it's and it showed in that series, you know, none of you can't have three.
Speaker 4: Scores three great players.
Speaker 2: They are great players, and they are guys too, but none of them are defensive players. None of them put that effort on defense, none of the US defensive stoppers. So you'll never win like that, man, especially against a team like that where you're with other teams best players might be one of their best defenders. So they need they need to figure that out and going forward, if they don't get an athletic player in the paint or or get a solid point guard, they're gonna go through the same thing next year.
Speaker 3: Well, bro, they're on the books for heavy, heavy, heavy money bill and book or around fifty or north of fifty kd's north of forty nine million, so right there there are already almost ten million over the tax Kevin Durant. So people are saying this is a failed Big three. Again, I didn't really.
Speaker 1: Like this roster.
Speaker 3: People say that the Brooklyn was a failed Big three, But I just think that was more than injury and all the other shit that was going on outside the court, because I would have looked loved to see this Kyrie that were seeing in Dallas right now have that kind of energy and availability with those other two monsters.
Speaker 2: But hey, Matt, I mean to cut you out, but you see what they was doing in Milwaukee o Kye got hurt, it was over. Then they still almost won the series of Katie Foot wasn't on the line, So you know what I'm saying, Like, the injuries definitely played a part. I don't think it wasn't no bullshit there, Yeah, a huge part.
Speaker 3: I mean I think there was bullshit, but it was more about the injuries than actual team. But you know, this Phoenix team just wasn't very good. It wasn't built well, Jack, what does KD do?
Speaker 4: Does you know?
Speaker 1: He went on the records.
Speaker 3: Sham reported that he never felt comfortable on his role with this team on the offensive end under Vogel. He felt like too far, he too often he was relegated to that corner spot, that corner spot us up my love something, Bruce Bowen, love something, Trevor Reza love. But we're not motherfucking Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant can't be in. You can't put baby in the corner. What is that from dirty dancing? For our us out there? Don't put baby in the corner. But Kevin Durant, you know that speaks volumes. Putting me in the corner means you're kind of icing me.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 3: Although Katie's numbers were great, KD is gonna take heat right now because of his moving around and his decisions, which you know, we're all for player empowerment. Since he's left Golden State, he's been thirteen and eighteen in the playoffs. Some would say two failed super teams. I think one. And there's still hope for this Phoenix team if they can make something happen. I don't think they can. The Brooklyn shit, as we spoke to earlier, was just more injuries and availability. Uh, he's gonna be thirty six. He's on the books for two years, one hundred million left on his deal. Uh, breathing breed out. Does Durant finish out this contract with the Sons?
Speaker 2: You know what I say, Matt, I'm gonna go and start some ship. Oh boy, And he ain't got much time left, man, go on, go back and finish the time on Golden State.
Speaker 4: Go back to Golden State back? How would that? How would that work? It can't get no worse.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying, how would it work from a standpoint of getting them there? It's gonna have to be a trade. So maybe some Wiggins siding trade with Clay throw Wiggins in there.
Speaker 2: You still can keep Clay Wiggas making a hunt, and you can throw somebody else in there.
Speaker 1: Throw loone in there, man Looney, Clay and Wiggins for KD. Yeah, I ain't mad at it.
Speaker 3: I even think to keep it g I even think Dramond I think they would be able to put the bullshit aside because they both know, Hey, we need each other to get this ship done with one more run. So you think KD, Steph Dre and then get you know, build some role players around them and have one last run.
Speaker 4: And keep cominga let cominga come on in.
Speaker 3: No whoever, whoever, I forgot about Comina, whoever they gonna want Cominica Comina because I love motherfucker's nice, unreal nice.
Speaker 1: I like com I like.
Speaker 3: Before we get out of here, Booker. I don't know how reliable the source is.
Speaker 4: Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith ain't giving up no names, but Steven A. Smith said this.
Speaker 3: Birds chirping that Booker wants to head to New York and that could be scary. Although I really like the way de Vincenzo and Josh Hart play and what they bring to the team.
Speaker 1: Booking. Booking, Uh, what would you be your thoughts on booking Brunson.
Speaker 2: Man, you got a better chance believing that a dragonfly fing to deliver you at peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Speaker 4: Nigga, I don't believe that ship?
Speaker 1: What did?
Speaker 4: What did? J Will say?
Speaker 3: You got a better chance of pissing in a hot sauce bottle?
Speaker 1: Shout out to Jay Will, he.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna lie. I don't believe that shit. But hey, that shit real nasty. That would be real nasty.
Speaker 1: Booker and Brunson, that'd be scary, scary scary.
Speaker 3: And Brunton's already showed although he's tooking a huge step, he can play with someone.
Speaker 1: He can play next to a superstar. He's played next to Luca Jack.
Speaker 3: Moving ahead, Man, Wolve's Nuggets' nug What are we talking about here? Wolve's Nuggets. I'm not mad at it either way. I mean, the Nuggets are a fine oil machine. Who's been there, but Minnesota's shown there ready. It's gonna be obviously the ultimate test right here. I feel like, whoever wins this will come out of the West.
Speaker 2: You got the experienced team and defending champions against the young hungry dogs.
Speaker 4: Man, So you know, me.
Speaker 2: I'm always going with the underdog, man, I'm going with the underdog every time.
Speaker 4: And it's gonna be Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Man, it's gonna take over the league and it's gonna happen this.
Speaker 4: Year in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Minnesota is what two in Denver was three as far as seeding, Yeah, so Minnesota is the higher seed what probably will be the dog in this series.
Speaker 1: So you're going with Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Huh? I like that?
Speaker 2: No disrespect to the Joker, man, I know I'm mad. Hey, hey, Matt, let me say this too. Every time I watch Jokers play, he go up high on my list by the game, not by the year, not by the season.
Speaker 4: He's going to high up on my best scent of all time list by the game. Bro.
Speaker 1: He's incredible.
Speaker 3: Absolutely speaking of he's moving up by the game. Where you got him at in your top five, he is in my top five.
Speaker 1: Let me hear your top five.
Speaker 2: I got Shaq, I got a kim Olajuan, I got Kareem, then I got Joker.
Speaker 1: Who who rounds out your five?
Speaker 4: Wilt?
Speaker 3: My man, that's all monsters right there. We're seeing the changing of the guard. As I mentioned, this is going to be the first time in twenty years that Lebron, KD or Steph han't been in the second round. It's a new day, Luca Joker, Janni's although he's hurt, he's in the conversation.
Speaker 1: And man is the front runner.
Speaker 3: SG out there in Oklahoma City, Jason Tatum quietly doing this thing out there in Boston, and then the young boy Wimby in San Antonio.
Speaker 1: Out are on the way out are KD, Lebron and Steph.
Speaker 3: So you know, obviously these guys each probably have a few more years left. Maybe Steph may have the most years left. But it's it's when I say that, it kind of it chokes me up a little bit because it was a hell of an era of basketball and championships and greatness that those three players particularly brought us.
Speaker 1: And it's not done.
Speaker 3: It's not done, but we definitely have seen the changing of the guard. Man, So definitely want to shout those three legends out, Steph, KD and Braun. You know, we got a couple more years with the Man, but I hope fans cherish the minutes in the days and the games we have left with them, man, because those are three of the greatest to ever do it.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 3: With that said, for the next five to ten years, who are your three? And you can only get me three, We're gonna be your three, guys. They're gonna be the face of the league. You go first. I'm gonna take ant Man first, I'm gonna take Yokic second, and I'm gonna take Luca third. And that's tough because I'm leaving out s g A, I'm leaving out Wimby, I'm leaving out Tatum.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna I'm gonna go with those three and I'm gonna put and I'm saying that is the best. I think Yokich is probably the best player in basketball right now for really being honest with ourselves. But ant Man is, to me, will be the most the biggest face because he has the personality, the energy, the antics, a fun, charismatic young superstar. Y'all could just game speaks for itself. And then Luca is a motherfucker. So who are your three? You got my three? Who's your three?
Speaker 2: I'm going one A ant Man like the.
Speaker 5: One B one B Luca Man. I'm going a man Luca and Wimby.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, no, I got I got not hold on, I'm going to add Man Jokic, No, Luca, Damn, I'm going a man yok at Winby. I hate to believe Luca Man and s g a Man. I'm tripping, man, I'm not even It's tough. Man is All we can say is the league is in good hands. You know, I've enlisted a handful of players, but there's a lot of other players who are definitely gonna be doing their thing in the next five to ten years.
Speaker 1: But man, it's an end of an era. Uh Jack.
Speaker 3: Of any of these three we've mentioned, Katie Bron or Steph Bron four rings, Steph four rings, Katie two rings? What one do you think could possibly get one more ring before they bounce?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't feel Bron is gonna see another one in LA. I don't think that's gonna happen. I don think they'd be able to put the right team unless Katie go to LA. But and I don't know why. I see Katie and Steaph getting in other ones if they partner up again, So I would have to say Katie and Steph if they partner.
Speaker 3: Up, I would just say Steph from a standpoint, and he has the most solid foundation, structure management to make things happen. Whether that's bringing Katie in or someone else in, I would give that because we've seen the Unfortunately, the Lakers front office hasn't done a very good job. And again, I don't know if that's Bron's influence on bringing people in or Rob Polinka's decisions. And then we see what's going on in Phoenix and the debacle over there. Jack Stronger era, the West in the twenty tens or the West now, well.
Speaker 2: I mean you got to think me talking about the West. Back then, you had Kobe and Tim Duncan.
Speaker 1: Jammy Mellow, Nash Dirk, cp T Mac.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Kovid and Tim, Kobe and Tim Duncan was winning all the championship. It was coming through the West. Now, I mean, you know, Gianni's done one one. I think I think the West still dominant. I don't think it's as dominant as it was back in the day, but it's still dominant.
Speaker 4: I think it's I still think it's the most dominant conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely think it's the West still. The East has a lot of talent.
Speaker 3: You look at you know who who who's eating during these runs and as you said, between Shaq and Kobe or Kobe and Tim duncan, no one ate during those runs. It was San Antonio and the Lakers. Steph had his run, Yeah, Joanna Scott one. But it's it's been the west side. In the West coast, Ron won two and went two on the other side too. Yeah, yeah, true, my bad. I totally did forget about Bron But.
Speaker 4: No three, excuse me, three on the other side on the.
Speaker 1: East he did two. In Miami.
Speaker 4: He went three.
Speaker 1: It is so four in the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the other sixteen or in the western if I'm not mistaken, I mean someone can go back and try to correct us.
Speaker 4: But no, Toronto, Toronto, Kawhi not going.
Speaker 1: There's five there you go. See, I see that mushroom brain is working right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby, I'm telling you, I gotta keep popping them board.
Speaker 1: That boy's cooking.
Speaker 2: I was chadded when I was in school, Bro, I would have passed the test. I would have to take it thirteen times.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I believe it.
Speaker 3: Jack moving on man, stephen A and he's our guy. But steven A has been.
Speaker 1: Out here wilding of late. Would you even call it that? It's starting off.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna use the word I.
Speaker 3: Want to, but yeah, go ahead, Yeah, starting off with said, blacks in America can relate to Trump because of you know, the how he's being harassed and arrested and all this kind of shit.
Speaker 1: Which is wild as fuck.
Speaker 3: And then he tried to go back and correct us and tell us what he said but or what he didn't say, but everyone heard what he did say, and the ship was so outlandish. The motherfucking Shitlock agreed with them. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't stephen A just have a disc track on Whitlock like three months ago, Like he got this nigga agreeing with him now defending them, agreeing them. He was looking for a little rope and he found it. He also said, uh, called the league office the other day, and this one A gilly posted this and this one. This one hurt my soul, man, Like he called the league office to see if why Russell Westbrook was suspended, And I just don't sit right with me and somebo he's a journalist, he needs information. That shit was just weak to me. So we're gonna get to Jayden Rose in the second, because that's another friend of the program. But Jack Stephen, a smith of late what's going on with our guy man?
Speaker 2: One the reason why my main, my main problem with a lot of people, and especially with Steve and they would he say stuff like this.
Speaker 4: Matt, if you was on the.
Speaker 2: Corner with ten brothers in your neighborhood, you wouldn't have said that. You wouldn't have had the boss to say black people relate to Trump. You wouldn't have said that in front of your people, in the room full of your people. You said that on TV because you comfortable there, and that's the narrative that they want you to pay.
Speaker 4: I told you to say that.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm not the most intelligent person, but I told you on First Team common sense, that's why you say these things on TV. So that's why people look at you at uh funny and don't give you the respect. This everything that me and Matt will say O here, we'll say in any barbershop, on any car, in front of any setting, in front of anybody, because that's how we truly feel. Nobody's telling us a certain certain thing. So that was the weakest thing. And on the second thing, Matt, you don't work for the lead. What what can What makes you think you got the power to car get somebody, spend it, suspend it. So you opening more doors to thinking. Now, okay, the times you done went on TV and spoke bad about me and other players, you was, you called and put your vote in to get people suspended, that's what you're saying, like like that, that's crazy that you would you would openly say that. And hold on, my little brother, I love you to death, But you agreed with that perk and.
Speaker 4: You a player, you know better than that.
Speaker 2: Just so matter if you was playing and he got and he called the league when you got into it with somebody a Sergey back or somebody, and they saying it, and he called him saying, well, I think perk needs to be suspended.
Speaker 4: Taking money out of your pocket and your family. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's but that's the weakest thing he could have ever said on TV, Matt back to back days.
Speaker 3: We don't know what he said or if he said that he thought they should have been suspended. I didn't see that part, but I agree. I think the Trump shit was wild and outland just but if I'm my mistaken, he's doing some stuff over at Fox and I don't know if that was there, that was it was on ESPN and where it was at, But that shit was a weak. But the west Or Westbrook shit hurt my heart for a read like it's stunned because yeah, for just a lot of different reasons, I just don't think that's something. You know, it's in the playoffs star players, someone like Russ who's taking so much bullshit from the media to begin with, he's out there and playing his role on that team. He does the that he went from superstar to now he's out there being the whole plucker, the dirty guy that the ship that doesn't know we show up on the statue. That's his roles now and he's adapted to that role. So for him to kind of go over there and do that and make that call, that shit just didn't said well. And again, I mean, Stephen A is our brother and Jack I think that this that's why this Eraror.
Speaker 1: Is so dope.
Speaker 3: I feel like in media because he used to just be able to say that and let the ship ride and no one can say nothing to him because no one else had platforms.
Speaker 1: And again, we got a lot of love for Steven A. Smith.
Speaker 3: We don't fuck with Luck. But I got a lot of love for Steve when they fucked with stephen Ay. But sometimes he says some shit. It's just like, come on, bro, you know better than.
Speaker 2: I come from under the old life, and you know what I'm saying, Like, it's people that I grew up with that came that came out of jail, and I know that snitch and that I ain't fucking with.
Speaker 4: Is snitch? You snitching?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Called the league totally Nah fuck that man. You called the league and tried to get miss suspended. That was the league decision? Like that, Broy, you don't do no ship like that's the weakest ship up. I'm sorry, Broy, I'm not fucking with him no more. You can be your homeboy. I can't fucking no ship like that.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 2: Russ is my partner, and you know I'm want of the people that's been going to back for Russ. I didn't hang with Russ. Me and Russell never went to eight. I went not to eat or nothing like that. I'm speaking. I'm standing up for Russ on some real nigga ship. That was the weakest ship he could have ever done. What's call the league and ask why somebody not suspended dog?
Speaker 4: Fuck that, Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm not even mad at your stance because a lot of people feel the same way.
Speaker 4: A lot of people edit my ship today.
Speaker 3: You know, Dylan was already putting red lines on the Actually, let this motherfucking ship roll, Dylan, I see dealing in the back laughing shakers said Dylan, let that ship roll. Goddamn, it's all the smoke back.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, I think we got we let it fly. Come on, man, this is man.
Speaker 4: Fuck that man, my bad man. I had to let that out. Fuck that.
Speaker 3: Our brother Jayden Rose something to say too. And obviously Jay Rose is our big homie, someone who was in the ESPN family for a long time, fifteen plus years of a not mistaken. But he had a post and I don't know who it was too. There was no names on it. You guys gout there to fill in the blanks.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 1: Read what he said.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 2: Since day one, I'm so grateful that I chose to put on for my culture ride a die versus being a media coon. It doesn't pay as much always get historic views, but living in and having my hometown and my driver's license is undefeated.
Speaker 4: Blessed.
Speaker 2: I can remember well, my first when I first met him, when I walked to ESPN. The first words he told me Matt and I remember if verb batim, do the job, don't let the job do you.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Jay Rose has always been one of the real big homies. It's gonna straight shoot you. He's worked for the company and done the company thing, but he's always been a nigga like for real, always look out for you. So I definitely got to say that about him. We all know who he's talking to. We're not just trying to talk to no, but we could just tell. Again, this is why I feel like media is in a good space right now, man, because you don't have to live or die with any one opinion, anyone person, anyone network, anyone platform like you could digest and see where you get in fitting and again again I Steven A. Smith, I think he's tripping right here, but again I still got love for him, and I respect your point of view before not but again, like I said, it used to be his way or the highway, and it's just not that way anymore. So I love that there's other platforms and other voices that are getting out here and doing their thing, and man, that's why media is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Good luck to Jay Rose.
Speaker 2: No mo hood happened, pick a side, No mo hood happened. Fuck that them days over.
Speaker 3: Jack getting out of here the reason why everybody is going crazy. Man, it's been a twenty crazy twenty twenty four. The music landscape has kind of set the vibe and the energy. Obviously, Cat Wings went on sha' shit and kind of opened the door. We've been dealing with the puff shit and then twenty twenty four we've been dealing with the big three in the rap game. And our brother Kendrick just came back with something this morning. Six minutes, six minutes, Dougie fresh man Drake. I got to give a lot of respect to Drake because Drake has been battling Raw's future metro. Kendrick, like Drake, has been in probably tooking some shots of motherfuckers we don't even know because they took shots to him. So I gotta respect him standing. He came back with the AI and Pock. He came back with the AI with the pocking. Snoop and Pox Foundation didn't like that shit. I'm sure him and Snoop probably had a offline conversation, Kendrick came back with some shit this morning. Jack, where are we at? What's going on right now? I love it as long as it stays. Let me say, before you have your thing, just keep it on, Just keep it entertainment. You could talk your shit, just keep it entertainment. But go ahead, Jack, that.
Speaker 4: Ain't for the game.
Speaker 1: It's good for the game.
Speaker 2: Jay out of the game. We all want that. But you know how niggas are, if you check this out. I'm just sitting here, you know, getting ready to work today and Dylan, you know, we're talking about working on the rundown.
Speaker 4: He says it to my phone. Man. So I'm just I'm sit I'm just sitting this smugg and chiller.
Speaker 2: By the time I'm midway through the song, I'm I'm going crazy, Like I haven't really paid attention to this, to this rap beaf stuff, because I don't think none of these songs are really you know, like, okay, maybe the Metro in the Future that was a that was a battle beat.
Speaker 4: I can't listen to somebody talking about you singing and slowly. So I just didn't see too many songs sounded.
Speaker 2: Like battle rap that I grew up on ice Cube and listen to all that type of shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this is the first song that feels like it's beef and Kendrick took it there. Now you know, I ain't gonna lie. I ain't the biggest Kendrick fan, but I am a big Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Battle rap fan. And he he he killed this shit.
Speaker 2: Dylan has really made when he made my day, mind, I wasn't just turned up to do the show and just dealing somebody that this morning, bro, he said a lot.
Speaker 4: You got to listen to at least twenty times.
Speaker 3: I haven't got the smoke on it yet because I got the shit as I was dropping the Twins off and I was running late getting back up to the house and getting ready, so I got to hear it twice.
Speaker 1: But I haven't even got to smoke on it.
Speaker 4: But absolutely we can do that after the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going down Ventura like oh oh oh, Like I wish and hope and pray because this is good for the sport of rap. I feel like, you know, as we get older, we don't really necessarily and so all due respect with that younger generation, we don't really get down with this, But this is kind of These are our guys. These are kind of the wave we're on, that thirty thirty five and up wave, And these dudes are all great in their own way, and I hope that they can just keep this for the sport of it and it doesn't have to spill over, because again I think it's great entertainment.
Speaker 1: It's got us talking about music and we ain't done that.
Speaker 4: In a while.
Speaker 2: Let me give them some information and hopefully it'll help well. It can stay in the studios for all the guys, guys that's hanging around, the actual guys that's rapping. We don't need y'all input. Y'all not rapping, y'all not saying none of the words.
Speaker 1: We ain't got none to lose.
Speaker 2: I got none to lose, So we don't need y'all to jump in to try to be famous. Let the rappers raping, y'all stay out the way and keep the peace. It's always one flunky that want to prove himself, and then nobody don't need you to prove nothing, Doug, Peace, roll up some blunts to sit down some well, all.
Speaker 3: Right, man, before we get out of here again. June third, June fourth. Will be in Detroit June third, Chicago June fourth. Go get your tickets. All the Smoke Productions dot Com slash Tour can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: You, and we got Looking Ahead.
Speaker 3: We got our brother Rich Paul that drops this week.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 3: Then we're off to Miami. You're actually so you're off. You're on the move. So you're going to Virginia tomorrow and they're from Jinny. You go to Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going for two weeks the Alans game, then Miami will all the smoke, Dan le Batar and Fight Towns.
Speaker 3: Baby, we back bight Town. Tell tell the fans about fight Town. What you go going on with Fight Town. I'm glad that it's back Fight times. The boxing showed. We started to showtime. We're bringing it back here with all the smoke production. Shout out to b D, Shout out to Rose. We're going down. We're going to talk to somebody, Espinoza for sure. Roy Jones, We're gonna go down to holler Roy Jones.
Speaker 2: Been to be there, you know, just trying to catch them some of these Miami boxes, man and get back in the game.
Speaker 3: We're coming with all the smoke boxing too. We got some good people under the hood, some great, some legends, some Hall of famers that we're gonna all the smoke fight. Also, m m A, we're coming with some mm A ship and we got some.
Speaker 1: We got some. We're blessed. It's blessed. We're blessed. Man.
Speaker 3: You guys can catch this on all the Smoke Productions and the DraftKings Network.
Speaker 1: We'll see y'all next week.
Speaker 4: Shout Out Down Down at Rozon. Three days in the Wrong