Speaker 1: I think it's time to talk about the F one weekend in Miami. It was the same weekend as the Derby, and I was supposed to go to the Derby, and I am moving and I have a place in Miami. So it made it that like I don't have to come together with so many like calculated outfits that you know, curated, really meticulous outfits and styling and get on a plane and go to a hotel and have glam that you know people that I don't know, and go from one event to the other and it could be hot, it could be raining, and go.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is going to kill me, this is going to exhaust me.
Speaker 1: So I went to F one because it was at Carbone by the Beach, which is in Miami, and that made the lift low. And I don't have to go. I can go, I cannot go. I could go any night I want. It was wonderful. I just want to say it's rare that I'll say about a brand. They deserve all their STFs, like there's an alchemy. That's a word that was on this podcast by Ian Schrager. The ultimate creator of the modern lifestyle nightlife experience is Ian Schrager Delano Hotel, Studio fifty four, Like you name it, I mean another level. And he said that there's an alchemy. And the major food group carbone Zz's their dynamic. They create an alchemy and they did this on the beach. Whoever the visionary for all of their events and all their branded experiences is a chef's kiss. Literally, It's just there's something about it, and they handle it right, and it can feel casual and people can be dressed casual, even though it's very elite and very upscale, and you'll get an eclectic group of people. It's not like Palm Beach where every single person is a cookie cutter clone of one another, just dripping filthy, rich wealth billionaire hedge fund people with planes and sports teams. It's that, but also like cool people and music people and interesting people and every all shapes and size.
Speaker 2: Is a really really interesting alchemy.
Speaker 1: And you could just meet someone that's fun, you could meet someone that's hot and attractive.
Speaker 2: You could meet someone you could do business with.
Speaker 1: The food is excellent, the music is excellent, the entertainment is beyond chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: It was really really amazing.
Speaker 1: Lauren Hill shout out to Lauren Hill and Bust Rhymes and Wyclef because while Jelly Roll was amazing and Tea Pain was amazing, the last night is still all the high rollers and still elite, but they folded in pastry chefs and people who work in restaurants and like it's always that best night. It's almost like the billionaire employees night, like there was still everybody. There was still somebody, but there were mixed in people that were more like local vibes. And that night was the night that wy Clef and Lauren Hill and Buster Rhymes performed, and that was the best musical night. The DJ was the best that night, and that that was the best night because they were singing like they were in their own living room, like they were singing like they were home in the backyard and just decided to bust out with passion and with longevity, and they were not looking at the clock, and it didn't feel like a corporate appearance. It was just soulful and it was like, I can't believe this is happening. I'm smiling ear to ear. It was wonderful. When music is good and it clicks, it's another level. And all weekend, the entertainment was phenomenal. Jelly Roll was great because it was not on the nose, you know, with just like another hip hop artist, Latin American singer Tea Pain was amazing. The whole thing was wonderful. People are wonderful. Mario Carbone is wonderful. He's a handsome, young fit g chef. His fiance Kate Bailey, who represents a lot of publicists, she's amazing too. I just think they should have a production company called Chef's Kiss. I'd like to be her publicist. She's beautiful, she's friends with interesting people, They're engaged.
Speaker 2: They're just lovely, very very nice, not pretentious at all.
Speaker 1: So I really I like them, and I think they deserve the success. And I love when a brand and an individual deserves a success.
Speaker 2: And that was great.
Speaker 1: Don't be a flaky friend. It's a reflection of who you are at work. Who you are at business, who you are in work is who you are in personal and vice versa. And I have a friend that I hadn't spoken to in years, and since I'm down in Florida, I reconnected and I was like, I don't remember what the ultimate real reason I keep We've canceled planned so many times in the last years and why it didn't ultimately work. We went out to something really amazing and this person doesn't get out much at all, and you know, doesn't do that much. And I said, I'll bring you again tomorrow and they said yes, and then we confirmed it and they said they'd come, and the next night at nine o'clock, I hadn't heard from them, and I could have brought someone for this amazing coveted ticket, and like, after the event was off to the races, this person was like basically said that they kind of like spaced out or were tired or I don't want to get into specifics, but said something and it was like, wow, now I remember what it was. What it was was the flakiness. And I don't like to feel unsafe. You've made a plan. I don't like to feel like I've made a plan and now I'm gonna have to figure out who I'm going with because I feel like I'm a loser from alone or didn't want to go alone or could.
Speaker 2: Have brought someone else. I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: And as a cousin to that, there have been these like private clubs that open up in Florida and New York and LA. And it's funny to me, the people who I've asked to recommend me. Shout out to Kevin Huvane, one of the most powerful men in the entertainment industry, who I asked to recommend me for one of these clubs, and in seconds he said, done, you're in. I don't believe I ultimately joined because I was moving, but he said done, you're in. And then people not at his success level that I've asked to recommend me for these private clubs like ghost me. Ignore it time and time again. It's always the same people that ignore and then the person that is going to end up recommending me to this bougie bougie club where someone just ghosts.
Speaker 2: Did the question.
Speaker 1: This multi billionaire who is so powerful is the one writing me the ultimate letter. So it's just interesting the people that like ice you out and ghost you when you're trying to do something, Like they'll call you when they need something or call you about other things, but like in this category, they just ignore you.
Speaker 2: And I just I'm not addressing that.
Speaker 1: Crowd anymore anymore. EH need more mark my words. These private clubs though. Everything is a private club now, and a lot of them are too private. They're so private that you're sitting there in your own room and like you picked a room and you're like alone, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: We went out? I don't.
Speaker 1: I've been to so many private clubs. I don't find them that fun. Like they're not fun. It's sort of like sometimes you're at a section of a concert or something, but it's like not the fun part.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're in the skybox at the tennis match and.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, but I want to be down there, like with the people watching the match, just seeing Like now I'm up. I could be in a penthouse suite in Des Moines. What does it matter where I am? If I'm up in a sweet I'm not near the thing, and listen. I love a swite, don't get me wrong, but I usually love a swee. When I don't even know what the sport is, I don't really care. Another thing I want to do and I think I'm in a position to do it is talk about different famous people who have ultimately gotten a rap for not being kind or things like that. And it's happened to Catherine Heiegel who I know, people who work with her. It's happened to Jennifer Lopez. It's happened to Ellen, And I just want to say something for these massively famous celebrities. Now, I am nowhere near their fame level, but I experience things that are extremely jarring that make you not want to go out, that make you not want to trust anyone, that make you not want to talk to anyone, that make you understand how someone could almost say to their assistant, tell them not to look me in the eye. What happens with fit people are their fans. They admire you, They want to be close to it. You're naive and you think they're just great and they have the best intentions and they just want part of it. And the minute something goes bad, they want to either sue. They want to either get attention. Everybody's a social media influenza now, so they want to get attention by talking about it.
Speaker 2: This is a way. It's a contact hie.
Speaker 1: If someone talks about someone way more famous than them, they can get something. And it makes you understand where as an adult, as you get older, because you didn't see these things happen to these women in their twenties. As you get older, you get more set in your ways and you want your circle to be tighter as anyone as a civilian. So now you're also a public person, you are ready or set in your ways.
Speaker 2: You really don't trust.
Speaker 1: You may have been through a bad divorce, You've been through life more. You know what can happen. You know, you know you see in a Lizzo get sued by assist, or Lady Gaga buy a dog walker, or Jennifer Lopez is walking up stairs and maybe said something the wrong way in that one moment. And you know, I'm not saying you need to feel for celebrities and their plight. I'm just saying that as someone who gets pulled it and picked at, you kind of see how it could go sideways. Because just yesterday a person called me. I thought it was my business lawyer. He was like hi, Bethany. I'm like hi, and he's like, oh, X told me you're moving to Why I don't know this person. I've I've met this person over the years, but I haven't seen this person for thirty maybe twenty five years, easily, but I would not recognize them. I might say that looks familiar because I know them through another person, but like we've never spoken on the phone ever. Once it's the friend of the friend that you're with that may come out and meet everybody, Like, but like I'm not friends of this person. So they called me where are you moving exactly? And also I heard you're moving here? Where's your daughter going to school? Like I felt like I was getting a rectal exam. And I and here's what was going through my mind in the moment. I said, I feel very uncomfortable right now. It's almost like a telemarketer call, but you like didn't really I go, but more it was like a reporter.
Speaker 2: I feel very uncomfortable. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm just like kind of private. No, no, no, I'm not gonna tell anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: We don't gossip, but just like if you need anybody, we're here. I'm like, okay, thank you, But like I couldn't keep it together, and I was just like, I feel very uncomfortable. I think I'm gonna go. I was just very off guard and it was jarring. It wasn't a text, it was a phone call, and it kind of freaked me out. I just felt very like violated, because I don't know this person, and maybe like someone's calling someone to be nice, but like you're calling me as a public but we're not friends, Like so you didn't call me years ago as the twenty other times I moved to call me. And I'm not saying it's a bad person at all. And then we got off and I was like paranoid and I called back. I go, hi, I was just caught off guard. I just didn't mean to be rude. So now I'm apologizing to this person who I don't know because I felt bad because I'm thinking, like I now feel bad and now I look like this bitch and now I'm living up if it's like bitchy celebrity like reputation. But I just did feel off guard, and a public person is not allowed to have that moment. They're just not You're not allowed to like complain, You're not allowed to have a normal response to something. And so I'm just saying I'm not saying you need to like celebrities or no celebrities are dead and no one likes celebrity and whatever. I was just giving a thought that I had that, like I don't blame megastars for keeping their head down, not wanting to talk to anybody, and not wanting to expose themselves to anything, not wanting anyone new, not wanting the new working for them, not wanting.
Speaker 2: Any of it. I'm just telling you that's what I feel like.
Speaker 1: Your body language changes, you change because if you've had enough people fuck with you and try to take from you and try to take you down and try to you know, and just fuck with you and grab then you know, because the stakes are high. They're very high for a person like a one of these famous people. Married men simply have to wear rings. If they don't, there has to be a very clear indication that they're married. And this message isn't really even for the men. I don't care what it's the women. They'll be a married man talking to me that's not wearing a ring. And I'm not even saying he's hitting on me. He's just a man. We're talking for an extended period of time. But I think he might be No, I think he is single because he's not wearing a fucking ring. I think he is single. But then the wife gets a little snippy or is around And I did one person I didn't even know how to wife. I didn't know, and I was talking to the wife but didn't know the wife was with the person.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. How would I know? Why would I know? I don't know who anybody is. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: And you get a little bit of an attitude from the wife and you're like, why don't you fucking step off? Your man needs to wear a ring, Like that's how you feel. I don't say that. I didn't say that, but like, don't give me any kind of subtle coldness or anything, because I did not know that your man was married. And let's pretend it was me totally flirting. Let's pretend I went over and gave the man a lap dance as a man with no ring. Don't give me an addict.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: I would never do that. Don't give me an attitude because your man's not wearing a ring. I would have no way of knowing that he wasn't open for lap dance business. So make your man a ring, put him on a leash, keep him home. It's not my fucking problem. If your man does not have a ring on and I don't know you're married. Tough shit, tough actual shit. Can we not with the kids getting into college. Everything is a party for these coddled fucking kids. Everything is a shiny balloon and streamers and a sweatshirt and a sweatsuit down to Like the engagement is a full production. You get engaged, there's a camera crew there and everything has to be like and look who's talking, but like an engagement, and.
Speaker 2: Then there's an audience. Then you go to the wedding and you're.
Speaker 1: Wearing the outfit which I wore for the day before, but there's five outfits the day of people getting three wardrobe changes. I didn't have that when I got married, and that wasn't that long ago. And now it's getting into college. It's the bridal parties, it's people going broke. Everybody has to wear a different fucking bling do own outfit for everything. Like it's crazy nuts getting into college. I mean, we didn't do any of this stuff. You got into college, you were excited.
Speaker 2: That's it.