Speaker 1: What's up, guys. Welcome to the Rogue Recap, and I am super stoked today because I have my first ever guest. He is super snarky. He's way snarkier than me, which is part of the reason why we're such good friends, right because people like me we need to find competition in conversation. Who can say the next quippiest, funniest thing and who knows more and what I can say I have no pride in. This is the next person I am introducing here, mister Eric Eggers. He is the vice president of the Government Accountability Institute. He is co host of The Drill Down he is. He is a movie producer and director and writer of The Creepy Line, which predicted the twenty twenty election in twenty eighteen, which is super weird. I don't know. Maybe he's also a telepath or like a psychic. I'm not sure. There might be some questions there, but he's just a connoisseur of all things smarty pants. We're super excited to have him here. Welcome, mister Eggers.
Speaker 2: You are absolutely correct that I do have a host of personal deficiencies that I hope to make very public in your podcast today. I was actually wondering, like, am I the first guests she's ever had a show? So that makes me like the Jackie Robinson of your podcast. It makes me like the Barack Obama. I cannot wait to exploit my new position as a barrier breaker in this podcast space.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know the world is a hot mess. I say this, you know every podcast. I'm like, there's no shortage of news, but there really isn't. It gets to a point even for people like you and I who work in news, and for those of you listening. You know, Eric and I've been friends a long time, and he really and truly is a savant. The guy knows things like I really like Jeopardy and I love Alex Trebeck and then I was like, wait, I'll just be friends with Eggers because that's just like walking Jeopardy. He knows tons of things and you're like, how do you know that? And he just whips them out. I'm like, I don't get it. It's weird. So, but he has sort of a wealth of knowledge about where the money comes from, where's the sourcing from, who's actually behind all these terrible things. So I really wanted to talk to him today. Not just to bash all these these lunatics in LA and now, Eric, right, what is it Austin, Chicago's everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy. It literally is.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I took my son to see the new Mission Impossible film because it and it's really good. I mean, it's it. It depends on how you want to consume things. It's a little wokey in some stuff, but as a as a piece of like fun popcorn movie that stunts are crazy, it's cool. But the point of it is is like it starts with there is no truth, the world's on fire, everyone's mad at everybody, and it's like the stuff they show is like, wait, no, that's Los Angeles, guys.
Speaker 3: Like that is literally what we're seeing. Uh, And it is.
Speaker 2: It is bizarrely predictive of what we actually now consume as actual reality. It's terrifying, but it's great if you're in the news business. Also, just want a quick fact checked. I'm not a savant. It's a mistake a lot of people make. I'm just socially awkward and so you know, as your audience is about to find.
Speaker 1: Out, well, I think you know. One of the things I find really funny in this business, and you and I are both in it. You know, we both worked in radio, we both worked in TV and podcasting and documentaries and worked on books. And I think in each of these spectrums of media, when you're trying to give your audience something to consume, you're really trying to give them something they can't get anywhere else. Typically in our business, that's the truth. People are true, they're having a hard time with the truth.
Speaker 2: Or just or how about a perspective that's true, right, a perspective that's true that you're not really allowed to or there's not space to have. I remember thinking in twenty twenty and reading about so I wrote a book in twenty eighteen called Fraud, How the Left Plans to Steal the next election, and you know, talked about all the vulnerabilities and electoral system and everything. I really did think that Donald Trump would win the election in twenty twenty, even though the polls showed he.
Speaker 3: Was sort of losing.
Speaker 2: But one of the reasons why I thought that is there was all these studies that showed that no one felt comfortable he'd been so demonized and vilified for four years that people that wanted to support him didn't feel like they could because there'd be a very real societal cost. And that was like happening in the context of like COVID and like you allowed to actually live your life because your very existence, as endorsed by government policy was a threat to other people, and other people were encouraged to see your existence as a threat, and that obviously then transferred to well, if you support the wrong ideas the wrong people, then that also was a threat. And I think it had kind of helped create some of the social frameworks and emotional frameworks for some of the stuff that you're now seeing today, which is very unfortunate, but you know, maybe not the worst thing in the world. It's really bad if you're an American, it's not the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: If you're in the media business as we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the problem with the media businesses is it really does love the ratings that all of this chaos springs. As a human, as a Christian, I really struggle with it, you know, like I think about you know, I'm sure you saw that video where there's this woman and she's going to work and these two woke Karens are blocking her on their bikes with their signs. Dude that it's cringe. It's so cringe like. And the best part is she actually kind of like tries to like mine f them a little bit, right, because she's like, I'm black. I'm the person you think you're out here supporting. I need to go to work. My child's in my car. I have other children, Like please get out of the way, dude.
Speaker 2: And the hippie and the tank tops like work work, Like what work is? So is so much less important, right, bro, do you even work?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, both of those people needed. There was another guy. I can't ever play this video because it's so wrong, but there is these three black guys in LA and they're talking about the one gentleman is explaining to his other two friends. And I use the word gentleman loosely. You know, they're around this like I don't know where. They are in an alley somewhere, and he's explaining to them. He's like, you got to go back to the sixties when they use the hoses and the dogs. The other guy's like, bro, what are you talking about. He's like, it's not right, it's not right. You can't just come into America and break the laws. And what's funny is in his brain as nuanced as his ideas were, He's like, America has never been so weak. Never in our lives have we seen on live television people taking motor bikes and rental bikes and malotov cocktails and rocks and throwing them and hurling them, actually making contact with law enforcement. All different types of leos too, not just like regular police were talking federal agents, ice agents, detectives, dea, they don't give a rip. I watched a woman take her pocketbook and whack this cop in the face. And I'm thinking to myself, when I get pulled over, I can't breathe. I cannot imagine. And I think I'm pretty tough, like I don't take any crap for anybody, but I am not just respectful to our police.
Speaker 3: Like what no I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I try to be very respectful for law enforcement generally, but we know when anyone else has a weapon, I'm like, yes, sir, yes, and no. But think about what you're talking about, though, Like that speaks to what's been happening.
Speaker 3: The summer.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We did a podcast a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: We talked about the fifth the anniversary of the George Floyd riots, and it was the summer of COVID, Summer George Floyd. And you know, one of the things that came out of that is how much harder it became for law enforcement to actually recruit people because nobody wanted to be a police officer.
Speaker 3: Police officers.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously there are law enforcement officers who do a bad job or they make mistakes, and you know, they're not perfect, just like any other population, but they were vilified in a way, and the vilification the protests were celebrated in a mainstream way.
Speaker 3: And so I mean that actually is what I think about now is.
Speaker 2: You know, you know we've talked about it, but you've got the mayor of Los Angeles and you've got Gavin Newsom. They're saying, Okay, Donald Trump, and the presence of law enforcement is actually making things worse. And I thought, what if you're a police officer in Los Angeles, Like, at no point has anybody said the police officers are doing a great job. The implication is actually the opposite. They're suggesting that the presence of law enforcements was leading to violence and crime, and that is so backwards and wrong. It's like awellian and dystopian. But that's the that's the logic that they've sold us for the last half a decade.
Speaker 1: So question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I think that's it's unfortunate that you're seeing this, and I, dude, I'm actually quite worried that it's going to get a lot worse this weekend.
Speaker 1: So I'm in New York City, so to today. You know, I came in by train, took the subway, YadA YadA, and I'm just looking around because what happens is this is the other thing. You know, protesters, they really kind of have it good, right. They're making what is it, seven to thirteen thousand a week, whether they protest or not.
Speaker 2: I heard you say that, by the way, on your last podcast, and I like, I like that we're pretending that you're on Craigslist because that's for research for the show and not for anything else.
Speaker 1: But yeah, absolutely, I was like, I don't really know this platform that much. I'm never here just perusing for the purposes of the show. Thank you for listening. Like, honestly, if you're unemployed and you can make seven to thirteen thousand dollars, whether you protest or not. And I think to myself, Okay, and they have all these people who went under cover, and we actually had one of them on the show the other day, Cam Higbee, and he was, you know, he's in the LA riots. He's there, and he's like, they are organized. They have pieces of paper, they are told what to say, how to say it, where to run, what to do. They're given water, bandanas, band aids, bats, they have makeshift bombs and firecrackers, all kinds of I mean, they are going out super ready. And so that COEs that hearkens back to the whole idea of the of who's profiting, who's making money off of this? Why is there such a desire to subvert you know, the United States of America as a whole other podcast. But I think the thing that I'm struggling with the most, and this goes back to the original comment of we want to give something different truth, a perspective of truth, just maybe like I don't care who is telling it, whether it's the left or the right, the rich or the poor. I just want to tell you what's happening. And I'm looking at CNN and I feel like, to your point, I'm back during the George Floyd riots. I'm looking at Dana Bash and Jake Tapper and Nicole Wallace and you know, the the ridiculous people that sit around that desk on the view. These riots are not riots, purely expression due to the frustration caused by Donald Trump. And I'm like, guys, they're throwing vehicles and setting them on fire. That's not where is that peaceful? I mean right, No, it's.
Speaker 3: A it's a good gig, it's well paid.
Speaker 2: And based on the video I've seen of people looting, you know, the Apple store, it comes to the free iPhone.
Speaker 1: So it's not your fault, it's not their fault.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, it's not their fault. No, this is worse, and I think it speaks to you, and I think you've heard you say this before. There weren't really any consequences for doing it in twenty twenty, right, like you got bailed out. There's all these funds, and it was I think the left saw this is the Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So and Mike, you know, Tim Walls. Yeah, So the person who presided over the dumpster fire that was Minnesota during twenty twenty got picked to be the vice president. You know, they say, oh, I'm here to code talk to white guys. No, I think it was actually meant as an endorsement of all the other behaviors that they sort of like helped foment and and and helped celebrate.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty, it was.
Speaker 2: It's a disaster, and Minnesota was worse, not just in terms of the riots for the George Floyd stuff, but then also they were like among the more hard handed stuff for COVID shutdowns. Right, You've seen those videos of them like firing rubber bullets telling people to go back outside.
Speaker 3: It's it's the.
Speaker 2: Worst thing, the worst Yeah, No, the worst Democratic policies that you could come up with was Minnesota, and that's who they picked. So that just shows you where they are. And then you wonder why they were you know, they got beat so badly. Yeah, despite that, the this and effort. No, it's terrible, and it's good news for being you know, I think right minor Republicans because it's like they still don't have it figured out, and the fact that they can't, heard Mark Halpern say on his podcast recently, why wouldn't they just come out and say hey, thank you Donald Trump for sell it, for sending support and in reinforcements, Like why would you not say that? It's because Donald Trump is so toxic and still seen as such a threat that like they.
Speaker 3: Have to be. They're too.
Speaker 2: Beholden to the donor and activist class, and so they can't then say what most people want to say, which is like, actually, Donald Trump's not the problem. Law Enforcement's not the problem. The rioters are the problem, and anybody that says anything else is lying to you.
Speaker 1: So I want to go back to something which that just made me think of it. You know, the lobbyists and the people who sit on the boards. Yeah, and the people that are getting kickbacks and are literally making money off the demise of others. Right, m So you look at you know, twenty twenty and Donald Trump, and I always say the same thing. I'm like, people love Donald Trump. You say what you want. You know, I don't have to marry him, I don't have to have dinner with him, but I like the way it runs business. Yeah, So if you can put aside your personal logita, you know, we have Joe Biden who's sniffing and touching small children on camera, it's it's not for debate. It's just not you know, the.
Speaker 3: Deep fake, and you know.
Speaker 1: It like I'm sorry, guys, like it's just weird. It just is. You got it. And then you know, we had the whole Ashley Biden diary thing, which just sweeped out under the giant rug in the middle of the room.
Speaker 2: Also, remember when that lady accused him of like sexual harassment. That was a big thing too for like a minute, and then that went away, just.
Speaker 1: Like the Laptop from Hell went nowhere. And all of these accusations and the problem is, and it goes to every single thing, right, whether it's the election in twenty twenty, whether it is the original source of COVID, whether it is why it's okay for these thousands and thousands of paid protesters to destroy cities in the name of progress, and I use that term loosely, all of these things you can't can't ask questions. If you ask questions, there's something wrong with you. And I'm like, I'm sorry, I thought that that was the whole point. If you aren't committed to your mission, and that's being very kind, why are you covering your face? Why are you covering your face, what are you doing it?
Speaker 2: It's a great point, and that to me was actually the worst part about I mean everything about twenty twenty was bad, but yes, that you couldn't And that's why again I thought like Trump will win because the amount of space that was taken from us to say things disappeared so dramatically, like you couldn't question anything like mask policies, right, like I mean know, like remember, I mean, no, you have to wear a mask all the time unless you're at a restaurant, you know, unless you're like actively eating it.
Speaker 3: Was it bad? Is it not bad? You know?
Speaker 1: I never wore a mask. I've never fought so many strangers in my life. Yeah, I'm like, I'm sorry, I'm not wearing a mask to go to the store of by bananas.
Speaker 2: I actually gained COVID nineteen because in terms of pounds, just because I was always having like something in my mouth when I was like, it's like, no, that was the thing. I can I can do this, Okay, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I remembered flying.
Speaker 1: And they had just kind of lifted it and I was in, uh, I want to where I was going out west. It was a very long flight and as soon as I got on the flight, it was like seeing like you know, like when I see like a female pilot who you know, looks like she's eleven and maybe has flown ten hours, I'm like, I'm getting off, so I can't. I get on the plane and I see her. She's got the N ninety five and then the mask on top of that, and then one around her head, and I'm like, ma'am, what is happening? Like, that's not that's not protecting yourself or anybody else. That's just your psychosis manifesting itself in your face in many layers of paper. I really, I am struggling in a large way. I actually hurt for you. But she decided that I was going to be her target. And I'm sitting there and she goes, I'm hi, Hi, So I'm going to need you to just if you're not actively eating or drinking, to just keep that mask in place. And I looked her no, She's like, I'm sorry, that's federal alarm. Like it's actually not federal law. The mandate has been lifted. I can I don't have to wear my mask unless I'm sick, and I'm not sick. I'm fine, actually you look like you're very unwell. I see you have like or four I wish you all the best of my friend. She reland the plane and the captain comes out and she's like, I've told the captain that he needs to speak with you. I'm like, oh, he wants to talk to me.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, right, Like we did the thing. I bought the ticket, I took the ride, and now get off.
Speaker 1: We're here. We don't need to talk anymore. The interaction is over. Have a nice day, you know. I'll send you a mask. Looks like you could use one. But all of that to say, it was like it it gave power to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so so back to the point, like go back to the hippies in the street blocking the African American lady. It's I've been thinking about this. It's like inherently self elevating. It's like they feel good about themselves by telling this lady, bro, why are you going to work? Like my position is so much better because I care about like what actually matters, and they understand the things that actually matter, and you're an idiot and you're just causing harm and destruction on other people. It's very unfortunate, and I'm really glad that period is over. But but I do think the seeds of that still very much exist in the small pockets where those people because you would have to confront and you'd have to admit to yourself that what you believed and did was wrong, and they won't do that. And so that's why, right so, like so law enforcement still bad, and that's why the immigrants are good. And I think there's a difference right between. You know, I think that there's some people that would say, you can't just say, hey, we think forced deportations of people who are just here illegally, maybe that's too much. And I don't think there's as much support for that across the country as But you can't just say that. It's like no, no, no, cops are bad, ice raids are bad, you know, I mean, like they there was people that's a Maryland man, it's a Maryland dad. He's not a you know, somebody's got all kinds of problems. And remember and we talked about this on this week's episode of The Buildown like the whole thing started and Tom Homan said this, our borders are said, we weren't just looking for illegal immigrants. We were busting up a money laundering operation that was benefiting the Mexican cartel. Eighty million dollars worth of underreported assets is here, and the drug cartels have made billions of dollars because of this open border policy under Joe Biden. Like, that's what they're going after. And I think that's actually so you've taken like real money that speaks to like a real geopolitical threat to the United States, and people are celebrating it because they think it's about something that is about some civil rights issue, even though it's not really.
Speaker 1: But to that point, Eric, right, So you made an excellent point on your show for those of you who didn't miss it. In the front, he hosts The Drill Down with Peter Schweitzer. It's excellent. It's every week. It's a wonderful podcast. And they do ridiculous research that nobody else does. Truly, nobody else does. And they pointed out the fact that Tom Holman didn't like sort of say, hey, that looks like a fun factory to go into. No, that's not what happened. They were executing search warrants based upon information and data that they had collected in their investigations that showed that it was a money laundering operation and that they needed to arrest these people who were operating within the boundaries of and for cartels. And I'm sure it's trendy Aragua and the Sinaloa MS thirteen, God knows who else. Is there something wrong? Like are we not able to enforce the law? Oh, well, you can't arrest the union leader. Okay, Well, if the union leader is the guy that is the one that is executing everything for the cartel, then the union leader goes to jail. That's the way it works. It doesn't matter who it is that's following the law. But it's this idea that they're convoluting it with the illegal immigration fight. And they're saying, oh, they're just trying to feed their families. So I'm like, bro, he's not trying to feed anybody Learney for the cartel, Like stop, it's so. But see, it's to your point and what we were saying earlier. People don't know this right because they're not seeing it. They're not watching what they need to watch to learn what they need to learn.
Speaker 2: They're just by the way and by the way, one of the groups that helped organize these protests that we talked about in our podcast Turla. We actually had one of our researchers and author, Jed macfatter, he was He put out a tweet, but basically that in twenty twenty one, that group spent I think upwards of five hundred thousand dollars to defeat Gavin Newston's recall amendment. So like, so these groups that are helping to organize these things. So if you wonder, like how come Gavin Newstom, how come mayor Canbass, like these local elected leaders, how come they're saying things that seem not in support of like the regular citizens in California.
Speaker 3: It's because they have been.
Speaker 2: Supported by these groups that are tied in with these protests. And so yeah, they're unfortunately like either direct beneficiarias or in some ways partners with the groups they're helping to do this. So you that's where they're going to be, and that's where they will be, and that's why I think you're gonna see so many different you know, wait until next week, we will talk about the money on the drill down. We will talk about the money behind what's happening, what's gonna happen this weekend.
Speaker 3: The No Kings movement.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's not just crazy Randy Winegarten and the teacher people.
Speaker 3: There's there's real money from real bad places. Yeah. No, it's going to be so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's also you know, we've got sing them, We've got PSL, Trilla, all the things. But I think the bigger picture that people are also unaware of. When you see somebody like Bono come out and start talking about the starving children and USA, I'm like, just go sing where the streets have no name, sir. That's your job, that's what you're Okay, it's a beautiful song. I enjoy it, Please sing it. Stop talking about politics. This this whole group of Like, I'm an artist, therefore I resonate with the refugee and the lost. But the original you know, idea of give me you're tired, you're poor, you know, you're hungry masses like, that's not what we're dealing with. We're dealing with opportunists who came across an open border and our milking system, depleting the system and sending money back to another country. Oh and by the way, the Mexican president is pissed off because she doesn't want to pay taxes on American dollars either. And that to mention the fact the funneling of money through USA two NGOs that go to all the illegal things that we're talking about. You have to follow the money.
Speaker 2: Follow money remittances from the United States, and Mexico has shocked learned this sixty four billion dollars, sixty four billion dollars get sent back from people in this country to Mexico, which you know, hey, it's their right, they can do. They can do whatever they want to do. But that's five percent of the Mexican economy. That's like the telecom industry and like online media stuff. I mean, that's it's it's massive, and so yeah, of course they're incentivized to do it. And that's why she said, Look, we will, we will protest and we will organize. They're talking about in this big beautiful bill adding a three and a half percent tax to the remittances, which I think, even as conservatives, I know it feels good, but I don't feel like you want a tax like it's their money, right, Like, so I don't think we want to be in the business of supporting taxes. But that's but I think, you know, Conservats should be able to be honest and have honest conversations about that, whereas on the left is like, no, like we will take these positions and do it. But you got Republicans saying that, well, maybe we'll jack up to fifteen percent just as a retaliatory measure.
Speaker 3: We'll see, right.
Speaker 2: But the point is, the money behind this issue is insane and that's what's actually going on. But unfortunately, that is not what the media talks about. The media just talks about these poor, innocent black and brown people who are being mistreated by law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Right. And unfortunately, if we look statistically, there's two things happening statistically in crime, and this is a real they're putting down people who are arrested who are black and brown as white. And so if you see the police reports, these leos will tell you. They'll usually tell you undercover, because if they speak out about it, they get in trouble. But when they release, when they release the police reports and they'll put them online, sometimes you'll see those things. They'll say this person was white or this and they weren't. And so it's a bigger issue. That's another podcast. In any event, Eric Agers, thank you for being with us. The world's on fire. I hope you've got your you know, your summer weather attire ready, because it's gonna be a long summer.
Speaker 3: Listen, Linda, there's a reason why I do podcasts. Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't have the I don't have the wardrobe to consistently do television and and you.
Speaker 3: Know this better than anybody.
Speaker 2: And I resent you for bringing up yet another one of my personal shortcomings, but I will say it was so fun. Let me also, just like you said, Bono, and I have to let this. I have to say this because it triggered me. I'm somebody who defends liberty and freedom for all. I will I like you too. I used to like you too. I will never forgive Bono for forcing himself onto my iPhone with that album. However, many years ago, it's still there. It's so bothersomething.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Super weird, Like why are we pretending that that's okay? That was actually worse than COVID.
Speaker 1: I was like you a lot, you don't need to force it.
Speaker 3: I'll stop it.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, it really weird. Like anyways, Eric Angers, everybody This is Lynda McLaughlin in the Road Recap. Check us out online at Lennamick at the Road Recap. I'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Good night, everybody, stay safe.
Speaker 5: Became stamest the same move them, do the mom, don the