Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to the Hammer Territory podcast. This is episode four two six. It's a post deadline edition of the podcast, and I'll warn you right now it won't be a positive one. My name is Brad Rowland. I'm joined by Scott Coleman. Scott, it's Monday, it is after six pm Eastern time, and the Atlanta Braves did not add a frontline starting picture. How are you my friend? Hello, Brad.
Speaker 2: You know, we've done a lot of podcasts over the years, and I think the most frustrated I have ever been recording a podcast was probably after the NLDS a few years ago in Philadelphia. You may may remember they sent Bryce Elder out to the Wolves. They left Bryce Elder out to the Wolves. They lost Game three, the season was over about twenty four hours later. I cannot recall a moment of frustration at that level as where I'm at right now, to not add an impact starting pitcher when you have known it is a massive hole in your roster. For this isn't a new problem. This didn't it wasn't like the Braves lost two starters over the weekend and they've had to scramble and try to fill it. They have known about this four months, going back to the offseason. They knew this was a problem with the roster. They did not get it done. This is an unquestionable failure for alex Entthopolis in the front office. Just incredibly frustrated right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, we've teased this a few times on the show. We might have new listeners today, if it's your first time joining us, will probably be a little bit more ranty than usual, So just know that going in. But also we've been saying this for weeks, and in our case, I mean, it was more divisive over the winter. I would say there were more people on the side of probably telling us that we were being overly precious about wanting more starting pitching. We heard that a lot from fans. That's okay. It was more more controversial anyway, at least more up in the air back in the winter. Now it's not I think everyone. I've talked to people that I agree with on a lot of things, people that I agree with on very little things about baseball. Everyone that I would deem to be somewhat credible on the Braves has talked about the need for a starting pitcher who could pitch a playoff game, at least in the last couple of months. Like once the issues happened with Schwellenbach and Schreider. Down the line, it went from hey, we always wanted another starter, we thought it was a big need this winter. We said that over and over again. It went from we were on that side already to not everyone was on that side apparently except for alex and toopless and this is not a show that fires people like, We're not going to go I'm not going to say fire Alexan Pop will say, maybe you will, Scott, but no. It's one of those things where I'm kind of in awe. To be honest, I think you may have a little bit of that too, Like there's some surprise. I know there's the contingent of people that just expected nothing to happen because they're maybe doomerism, and I get it. And when that I would put this and I talk to you about this before we started recording. The Braves made five trades this week. Five trades this week. I literally would have done all five of them. They're not home run trades, but they're all deals that made total sense to me. Five trades all that makes sense, and I still would just absolutely say this is a deadline failure and like that. That's kind of insane when you think about it, to make five trades that are like reasonable and still like clearly fall short of what you had to do with the deadline. And it was because the Bravees had other needs. We've talked about Lane Thomas already on the podcast. We'll probably do more of that today. They added other guys. We'll break those trades down later on in this episode. But there was one need above all, one need above all, and they plugged the secondary hole of that need. They needed to get a playoff starter and an innings filler. But the playoff starter was number one on the agenda by a lot. They had the money to spend as well. Jerson profile got suspended. Alex always saves money to spend. They had the money to spend, they held all that, they did not address the need. And when you went by the way we'll talk about this, there were a dozen starting pitchers that could at least credibly be called like top three guys. Not all of them are the same, not everybody's tick, Schoogle, I get that, But there's probably a dozen guys who moved in the last few days that Brad's got none of them. And that's just it's really hard to swallow, no matter where you come from, no matter how like fire you are as a fan, or how doomer you are, how much you like Alex, how much you don't like Alex. I feel like everybody kind of agrees, except for the team that like, this is a major failure. Like this, you couldn't you can't sell this. This is the one thing you couldn't sell to me, to you, like, you could not go into Monday, August third at six o'clock and not acquire a starting pitcher that moved the needle, and they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Quite literally, everybody other than Alex Andthopolis agreed the Braves had to go add an impact starter. I was just looking through Twitter to see what other reactions were. I mean, there were Yankee fans poking fun at the Braves. They're like, does do the Braves realize what their rotation currently is? Like this is not some like niche weakness where it's like, yeah, you know, we'd really like to add this because the Braves struggle against left handed pitchers with whose names begin with Elle.
Speaker 1: Like, no, this is a massive hole.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of problem that ends seasons way prematurely from where they should end in short of a World Series. I have no way of defending Alex, not only for his decisions this weekend, but it's been pretty bad for Alex and Thopolis for a while now. Like, go look at all of the moves Alex has made since the end of the twenty twenty three season. The Chris the Sale trade was amazing ten out of ten no notes, but there have been a ton of bad decisions and land mines from Alex since then. In sure, he has a great core. Alex inherited a once in a generation corps when he took over this team before twenty eighteen. Freddy Freeman, Dansby Swanson, Max Freed, Austin Riley, Ronald Acunye Junior, Ozzie Alby's, Mike Soroka, you had all the AMMO in the world. Insure Alex does get credit for winning divisions and winning the World Series. But the last twenty four months of Alex and Thoppolis have been flat out bad. And I know this team is twenty two games above five hundred, and that's great.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: They should win the division, but this deadline was not about winning the division. It was about winning a playoff series for the first time since twenty twenty one. They have won two playoff games since they won the World Series. And their answers when they have the third best record in baseball today was to get Lane Thomas, who's a fine right handed bat. He'll do some things well for this team, but he's not star Tyler Mallee, who might be able to unlock a few things and be a serviceable middle of the rotation guy for this team. And then Brent Suter, who is a thirty seven year old reliever who throws slower than like genuinely some kids in high school throws.
Speaker 1: That's his answer.
Speaker 2: That was al Alexonthopolis, who had eighteen million dollars freed up from jerks and profar getting suspended, and a farm system that is the healthiest it has been in a long time. That's his answer to this. Lane Thomas, Tyler Mallee, Brent Suitor, and nothing else. On a day when a dozen starting pitchers moved and there were others who were really good who didn't move, That's that's what Alex is doing. There's no way to spend this. There's truthfully no excusing what Alex has done to this team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm probably higher on him than you, and then the consensus and even I can't do it. I just said this, but I can't. There's no defense for this. This is indefensible. There are a lot of things that I've done this for a long time. I've covered I've covered different teeth for a long time. I could spin something up I wanted to. Usually, even if I don't agree with something, I can give you the I can give you the argument for it, right, and I'm a big fan of giving the people the whole picture. There is no argument for this. I don't have one, Like you can't do it, and I look, we don't. Alex is talking as we are talking, and he's I'm sure gonna say what he always says is when he doesn't do things, and then that they try to get close. There was already a question I'm seeing on Twitter now about he got asked if there was a no trade clause that came into play, and he kind of sigh stepped that. Everyone is wondering if Jacob de gram was was a target and Apparently the Rangers were approached about Jacob de Gram, and de Gram said, I'd like to stay with Texas. Maybe that's the brace, maybe he's not. They probably will never say that. We'll find out regardless, it doesn't matter. Like here are the names, just there's this is a selection of names. But Terra Scoogle on the high side. Obviously Casey Mais got moved today. Clay Holmes, Dustin May, Kevin Gosman, Freddy Peralta, Ode Soriano Post Griff and Robbie Ray, all those guys moved. The Braves could have won a beating war for any of them. And we're not saying they go crazy, Like at no point where we're saying you have to trade Hartman and Cammanity and everything for you don't have to do that. But you're telling me they couldn't put a package together to win a bidding war for any of those any dozen names, any or Trevor Rodgers who didn't get moved. I know that Readever's didn't get moved. The Gram I get it, but like I just there's no way of selling that they couldn't have done something to outbid someone for someone. They're just and it's funny. Tyler Maley was a guy that I argued for in November on this podcast or December, whatever whatever time it was, but not as the number two starter on a playoff team. It was like, Hey, the Brads need some need some depth, go get him and look, if you want to be as charitable as humanly possible, which I know we're not in the move to be, and I'm not even in the mood to be. I know you're even less than I am. You could say that the Braves have had worse than average pitching luck this year, given Schwellenbach, even Strider, given a Waldrop, you could argue that I would probably agree with you. But that argument goes out the window when there were a lot of people, including us, saying in November and December and October and January that they had to ad starting pitching, and the one way to explain around that would have been to Okay, Alex loves to say and has done it before to his credit, but loves to say that they want to have wiggle room around the deadline to add to the roster financially. They didn't. They used a little bit of it. I mean they took on some money with Bailey Falter, but like, come on, guys, like they they also didn't spend the money like they they literally I think they're gonna end the season with a lower payroll in miss Art with yes guaranteed, given the prof given the profile suspension, Like I haven't done the numbers, but like it's got to be so No, it's it's wild. I mean, we can talk more about this. We will, uh in a second. I just I guess we agree here, Scott. You can tell me if we're wrong. It's more I'm more baffled. You might be on the angrier side. I'm on the baffled side, but we come down in the same place. It's like this, there's no diff this. This is indefensible to not come away with the starry picture this week. And maybe it wouldn't have worked, Like maybe would ever guy that they traded for wouldn't have worked. It's never fool proof. It never is. But have you seen the rotation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, has anybody seen the rotation of this team right now? And yeah, maybe there's a world cross your crush, your fingers and your toes. The Spencer swallow Bach is like prime Schwallen bach in a month, I doubt it, man like, And once that happens, they don't have anybody. He's the only living, breathing chance at a guy who could pitch the game two of a playoff series on this roster right now, right, And that's not that's really a thing, like.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's the problem, man Like, Okay, And first of all, if Chris Sale gets hurt, the season's over, Like, well, I mean legit, Well, I want to say this for a second, is I want to talk about this exact thing in a moment, like what the team actually looks like we're gonna do that? But you're right, I mean that's Chris Sale is already indispensable. It's beyond indispensable now, like there is no alternative, Like, if Chris Sale is not able to throw two and a half times in every playoff series, you're not gonna win.
Speaker 1: That's just what it is. Well, you can win games without Chris Sale because it's it's baseball. There's noise in guy's not good games. But like, I have a hard time seeing the Braves winning the World Series this season without Chris Sale being like the super human version of himself for a full month like, it's hard to see.
Speaker 2: That, and then okay, great Chris Sale. Game one, Game two, a J. Smith shover rehabbing off of Tommy John. Is it maybe Spencer Schwellenbach, who hasn't fired a competitive pitch in a game by fifteen months at this point? Is it Bryce Elder? Is it thirty five year old Martine Perez? Is it currently injured Rinaldo Lopez? Is it can't get through a lineup more than one time? Grant Holmes? Is it a rookie? And Jr?
Speaker 1: Ritchie or Owen Murphy? Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: This is non sensical and you're right, Brad, there's no guarantee. The Braves could have traded for Jose Soriano and he could have blown up or he could have gotten hurt. Or they could have traded for Robbie and his you know, regression could have hit hard, or they could have traded for Dustin May or whoever. But to not even try when it was kind of a buyer's market for starting pitching is inexcusable. Just it is inexcusable malpractice, Just another bad decision from a baseball executive who has had quite a few bad decisions and no, no GM is going.
Speaker 1: To bat one thousand.
Speaker 2: Alex is not gonna be perfect. Nobody is perfect, even the Dodgers who have unlimited budget and unlimited payroll and unlimited everything. They miss all the time. Right, They have guys injured, they have guys been performed. Kyle Tucker is making like ninety million dollars this year and he sucks, right, But to not even try, to not try with Casey Mize who went to the Padres, who have like the worst farm system in baseball. I fully get that Casey Mis's velocity was down a little bit, but to not even try, Like, I am at a loss of words, So we will move on from my ranting. I could probably rant for another hour, but it's yeah, we could do the whole show like this, and it'd be bad radio. Probably we could do that, and it's not about one pitcher. Like you can go one by one and I'm sure I should say, I'm sure I suspect at some point Alex might even he won't do it with an aims, but like that's probably how they do explain away. They go one by one and say, Casey miss velocity was down, the price was too high for so and so Clay Holmes was with with the Mets, it's hard to make trades of the division, like you can do it, but again, you can't do it when there's twelve of them. Like at some point you got to be the team that does the thing. And that's always But even when Alex is riding high, which he has they won the World Series, even when he was riding high, his unwillingness to go the extra five percent to get a trade done has always been a questionable thing with him, Like maybe maybe the number one thing that he's been criticized for. Either that or bullpen spending has been the two things that Alex gets criticized the most for. And he did he clearly didn't do it here well, And is Alex the worst negotiator in the world, like clearly other.
Speaker 1: Teams had no mean he does things. It's just made I think he just draws the lines in the sand and he's just like, I'm not crossing this line. It's like okay, man, but at some point you have to cross the line.
Speaker 2: Right then, don't draw the line.
Speaker 1: Don't draw the line in the sand. It's easy, you know, Like I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: It's it's just it's infuriating. And look, it is this. At the end of the day, it's baseball. The sun will come up tomorrow, we'll all go to work, we'll eat all eat breakfast, we'll all go to school, whatever it is you do. Are the Braves still a good team? Yes, unquestionably, Yes this is a good team. But when the calendar flips to October and the games change and the strategy changes, and everything kind.
Speaker 1: Of goes out the window.
Speaker 2: I just don't see a world where they have the starting pitching to go head to head with the Dodgers or the Brewers, or the Cubs or the Phillies. And sure, maybe they'll surprises, maybe they'll win a couple of games, maybe they'll advance a couple of rounds. But to not even try to add one of these guys is just mind numbing to me.
Speaker 1: Leave it there for now. We'll come back in a second and talk much more about what actually happened as well as what you just referred to. It's a good kind of teaser for a second. It's like what the other contenders did, because spoiler alert, the top three or four teams the nationally not in the Braves all did stuff and got better in a splashier way than Atlanta, which is bad news. First of those, Scott's gonna work more partners on it today's show.
Speaker 4: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free wild make some phone calls that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month.
Speaker 1: It's simple, that's right.
Speaker 4: All of mint Mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer sale, even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month. Equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage. Farries Cemittmobile dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott, let us continue talking about this maddening week of Atlanta Braves baseball. Some updates as we are talking that we could just knock out real quickly. Hori Mateo has been dfaed a Corey dalyx N thoughtless. Not a huge surprise. We thought about that you and I last night as a somewhat expected out come as they clear the way for Hassan Kim to return. That's number one. Number two is according to Why, a sophomore bowman who's on the coal with Alex, the plan is that Jim Jarvis will be the shortstop still moving forward, Not Dubon, not Kim, Jim Jarvis. So they are still writing the I almost at hot hand, the slightly warmer than lukewarm hand of Jim Jarvis. Any reaction to that before we dive in back to traded line stuff. That's what's going on right now.
Speaker 2: Only shortstop thing I really care about is if has On Kim gets to play. Does Kim show you anything at all, and kind of based on these comments today and some of the moves they made, you know they have cleared some room on the roster, but they are apparently committed to Jarvis and then Dubon is also in the mix.
Speaker 1: So doesn't make a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot of sense to me if they're gonna just sit Kim on the bench and not at least try to see if there's anything there. But at the same time, this team hasn't done much that's made a lot of sense lately, so well, I guess we'll see that is right as a transition.
Speaker 1: Danzeborski, who has long been a comment or at Battery Power, when he was talking Chop Dan's a great job. He created Zips works at fangrabs one of the smart baseball minds in all of baseball, in my opinion. He wrote today, before the Braves didn't do anything that basically, if anything happened to Chris Sale, his projections will have the Braves as the worst rotation of any playoff caliber baseball team in the majors. Does that sound right to you? It's all right to me. What the Braves have so we alluded that a second ago. Now we'll talk about the one pitcher they did add. His name is Tyler Matley, but first let's mix it up engineered by our friends at fasten All. Okay, Scott. There will be more time for more rants later on in the episode. But since our last episode on Sunday, the Braves didn't make a I would say substantial trade, not major, not super duper minor. They made two pretty minor trades. Tyler Mawley's a real trade that we would have talked about. Have we not already recorded two hours before it actually happened yesterday? And that leads this segment. So I don't know about you. I thought of you right away because of all of us, I think you've said this maybe the most. It was usually Robbie Rays for example, but you were arguing the Braves needed the kind of second starting pitcher, basically as the guy to get through the season. Inning's a healthy arm, somewhat proven, not sexy. That is Tyler Malley for me. You can argue whether that's the player that you wanted or not in that role. He was never going to be the number one guy in any of our minds. But I feel like, and I wrote this in the notes before we knew that we're gonna do anything else. He kind of fits exactly that they didn't do the big thing, but Tyler Malley is like, we kind of wanted a Tyler Malley was that did Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look if kind of the theme carrying over from the beginning of the show, if they would have acquired an impact starter, then all the other moves make a lot more sense, you know.
Speaker 1: But they didn't.
Speaker 2: So all you add is Tyler Malley, And look you see Tyler ma Maali. On the surface is e Ray is upwards of five on the season. But if you dig in a little bit more, there are some interesting things with his profile since he so he missed basically most of June, but since coming back from that hamstring injury, he's been like legitimately pretty good with the Giants. A three point seventy nine ERA and a three point six two fielding independent pitching FIP.
Speaker 1: Over seven starts. That's good man like.
Speaker 2: And he's also worked into the six or seventh inning in most of those starts, and we know how desperately the Braves need innings in the rotation. Malley also had a good year last year too, so there's there's things to like with him. No one's gonna plan the World Series parade because they got Tyler Malley, but he should represent something of a stabilizer in the middle of the rotation for you know, whether it's Jo Richie who gets sent out, or if they move Grant Holmes to the bullpen, or you know, whatever they ultimately do. You know, in a vacuum, Mally was type of arm that made sense, although he was the only arm they added instead of adding two of them.
Speaker 1: I would say it's somewhat similar to our reactions about Leadon Thomas, where it clearly makes the team better. That is not us saying that that is all they should have done. I think we've probably earned that bonafied so far on this podcast, we're pretty clear about what they should have done. It's not one thing or the other, right, it's like, hey, you're allowed to make the team better. In this way, this deal made the team better. Tyler Mallley is an upgrade on the current version of JR. Richie. In my opinion, Tyler Maalley is a veteran who isn't going to change your life, but can pitch credibly in Major league games Right now. Last two seasons combined, he is a three point seven TV and a three point eight nine FIP. If you have a FIP and ERA in the threes over thirty four starts in two seasons, you are a competent major league starter. That's just what you did. Yeah, are you sexy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is he is? He extremely boring? Yes? But that's I made the same pitch for him on this podcast in January's I had this guy's really boring, but he'll probably eat some manangs for you, and he does. It's a one year deal, it's expiring contract. Doesn't spend a didn't spend a lot of money, thirty one years old.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He even with a like as you mentioned, he has kind of a rough ur right for the season. Even with that and his early struggles he has He's been worth zero point eight Fangrafts war this season, which isn't great, but it's Uh. I'll just say this, that only would trail Chris Sayle and Bryce Elder among all Braves pitchers starters. I should say the bullpen guys have better, but he might have been the number two starter right now, but he's in the top four. So Tyler Mallley pretty boring. Oh one thing I do want to note he kind of he kind of has a little bit of Grant Holmes in him in this way, he doesn't have the Grant Holmes arsenal. To be very clear, he is a starter. Tylly Malley is a starter. Like he's not a reliever guy that could go over. He doesn't have that kind of stuff. But he has the time three order splits that you don't want to see deep in the game. For his career, he has a two point nine ERA, the first off through the order very good, second time through four point zero one, which is actually totally fine for a starting pitcher, third time seven point one, six RA. So I don't think you're gonna see Tyler Mallley going in the seventh inning in some high leverage games very often. But he is a starter. We'll save some of this stuff for later when we have more to talk about. You mentioned it briefly earlier. I think that the addition of Tyler Mallley could be what sends Grant Holmes to the bullpen once and for all. That actually might happen. Grant Holmes profiles is a reliever that I could use. But regardless, man, we'll spend time on this, but like they do need more Ammo in the rotation. Alex talked about I think last night how the Braves believe that he'll be better against Righty's where they tweak a his pitch mix. He's been better against them already, so it's not sexy. We totally understand that. But I think that this is one of the five trades that I thought were all like totally logical trades. I think giving up what they gave up for him, which was, by the way, only Anthony Malina, who they've already defayed once he's spend most of the year. He's like a quad a guy by all accounts. It seems like that price for a guy who's like a real major leak starter made total sense to me. And in a vacuum, I liked it. Yeah, in a vacuum, not a vacuum, Scott, not a vacuum. In a vacuum, I liked it.
Speaker 2: Right someone like Tyler Mallee, someone like Lane Thomas. These are the types of additions that a contending team should make. They represent upgrades, small upgrades, but they are upgrades nonetheless by themselves not gonna move the needle A whole lot, and sure they'll they'll probably have moments. I would like to think Tyler Mallee, when he gets with Jeremy Hefner and the Braves get to work with him a little bit, he will give this team solid innings down the stretch. Is he going to strike out twelve hitters over its next five innings? Probably not, But I do think he's gonna bring some stability to the rotation, just like with Lane Thomas. I think he's gonna bring some thump from the right side chi against left handed pitching. But to be clear, there's only you can only get so excited about about Tyler Malley being your loan starting pitching edition when we know everything about this rotation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. We can probably leave it there on Tyler Malley. It's it's a guy that makes it. It's gotta makes sense. He makes the better And shout out to the rotation upgrade that happened on this on this weekend.
Speaker 2: I can I should have you know, I should have done. I should have gone to Walgreens before this episode and got like a blood pressure monitor and hooked it up and then like put a camera on it so you could see it rising in real time on the screen. That would have been some good content. It would have been good content. We threw around today behind the scenes whether we should go live during the deadline. I'm glad we didn't do that. I think there was been a decent chance that someone would have got us fired. Don't know, I'm gonnaname any names. I mean pretty much anyone could have even me, like everyone's going, you know, it's funny. I found myself it was about thirty minutes before the deadline ended, and a couple of starters had just come off the board, and I found myself not even like voluntarily, just involuntary, sitting at my desk watching the updates stroll in, and I was shaking my head at just how frustrated I was at it all. And it was like I was trying to do it or I wasn't recording myself. I just I caught myself just shaking my head in disgust at the strategy and the plan of this deadline from Alex and the team. It's just it is what it is. Let's hope for the best. With Tyler Malley, We'll talk about Brent Souder here in a minute, and a couple other minor deals, but just just so underwhelming, so interwhelming.
Speaker 1: It's not Tyler Malley's fault. I kind of feel bad for Tyler Malley because people are getting mad at him when he's just a mid starting pitcher. That's what he is. He's not going to tangel life and it won't be his fault. Just saying that out loud. All right, Scott, We'll move on to the rest of this post online conversation. The first one sh our friends at Fastenal Fasten All Industrial Supplies, innovad Solutions. If you want to learn more, visit fascinal dot com.
Speaker 4: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve Powered online schools. K twelve Powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Tod Father take it away.
Speaker 3: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself, from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 4: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family, at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul that's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 1: Scott Before we move on to uh, Brent Suter and betray that the braves made for him, I have to you know where I'm going about you. You know where I'm going to you right already we have an alex Antopless quote from Gabe Burns of the AJAC Cover your ears, Scott quote, be a Gabe. We said no to a lot of things. That's not easy to do, but you have to do what you feel is right for the organization. End quote.
Speaker 2: Uh moving right along, time out, time out. If that is what's best for the organization, then it's time to have a serious conversation.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not not a great and granted that's that's only one tweet of one quote. We don't know the whole quote, but it's not I I had to share it because I knew you were gonna love it so much. Other nuts and bolts that have leaked out since Alex started talking. He said there was never a discussion about not bring haus On Kim back. Obviously he's going to say that they're not going to say, well, well we thought about cutting him, so that's kind of an auto answer. But just want to say, and also we'll talk about Joey Bart in a second.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, I mean, when you hand a guy a twenty million dollar contract, you're kind of obligated to stick with him at least for a little bit, right, Like, look, Brad, there's no money to acquire like a Dylan C's when you have to pay Hassan Kim twenty million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: That was one and hey, raise my hand. I liked that contract. It didn't didn't go well so far. Also, I know our guy at Capitol Avenue for a Braves blogger lined up what was spent on Jacob de Gram the season, and what was spent on some of the Braves' bullpen arms, that the Alex is a spending spree in the bullpen. Anyway, more, one more.
Speaker 2: Thing on that I made this point earlier. I got to get all my points out and then I.
Speaker 1: Promise we are free flowing on this Monday evening. I promise you that we're free flow.
Speaker 2: So here's the one of the craziest parts of this. About a week ago, Alex went on local radio in Atlanta and said when they were pressing him about adding a starting pitcher, he said, he kind of sidestepped it and said, well, you know, the game changes in October, so maybe we'll just go out and add a couple of relievers to give you the best bullpen that you can have.
Speaker 1: And there might be some truth to that. He didn't even adds. But he didn't even add a good reliever. He threw it.
Speaker 2: All he did was add a lefty who throws eighty seven mile an hour fastballs. And sure, Brent Suter is gonna have a role as like the seventh guy in the bullpen, but Brent Suter is not an impact reliever. He didn't go out and try to acquire someone who's actually good, like genuinely a difference maker, the way that like Dylan Lee or Diddy or Fwontes or right to the Glacias.
Speaker 1: He didn't even do that.
Speaker 2: No starting pitcher other than Tyler Mallley, and no reliever other than thirty seven year old lefty Brent Suter with a thirty or with an eighty mile an hour sinker. That's sorry.
Speaker 1: My blood pressure just went back up again. I get a we're allowed. It's gonna be happening throughout the podcast. I just saw another other quote from Mark Bowman via Alex about how disappointing it was. Somebody asked, my disappointment was not at a playoff caliber starter, and he said that this is a Alex quote now quote. We didn't go in the deadline with the thought that we have to get this or have to get that. We're just trying to make the team better. And he goes on to say something about Drake Baldwin going out the door in a previous trade if they had gotten a deal done a couple of years ago. Uh, and then you know, on and on and on. It is that what you thought? What you think it would be checked out. Mark Mark Twitter if you want to find.
Speaker 2: More players as talented as Drake Baldwin two years ago. We're not traded this deadline. There was no crazy asks. This was not even from whether it's Trek Scoogle who's at the top of the market, or like Robbie Ray who was probably at the bottom of the market. There were not some insane prospects flying around at this deadline. That's what's so frustrating. If you got to trade Owen Murphy to give yourself a chance at a World Series, then trade Owen Murphy, like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: God strongly agree. It wasn't like they had to trade Hartman to do whatever they wanted to do.
Speaker 2: No be asked to get whoever was not was not our five best prospects that that did not happen anywhere. So either he's the worst negotiator on the planet when it comes to acquiring starting pitching or what, or he has a blind eye to adding stortage. I don't know. I don't know, Brad.
Speaker 1: It's okay. I I thought that might do it. I wasn't trying to lend you up. I thought we might get there. I'm just passing along the news. Guys, it's coming in during the podcast. That's all. I just I'm responsible to pass along the news to the people. I also let people know what we know when we know it's other things going on. We'll talking about this in a second. Sean Murphy's officially back. That's been announced. They optioned Karen Zack and Richie to Gwinnette. No surprise there, and then they added, of course Thomas Mallley and Suitor to the roster and dfade MATEO. Okay, Brent Suitter, you just made this point to some degree, everyone's made that. We've done it one hundred times. I'm kind of doing it as a joke right now. But one of the tribute questions about the Playoff Run in twenty twenty one was Dylan Lee starting a World Series game. They did. They did do a lot of the Playoff Run twenty one with their BULLPP. Now, what they did have was Max Freed, Charlie Morton, and the best version of Me Anderson that ever that ever happened. Yes, they had three, they had two, they had two and a half. Yeah, they had two and a half starters. They didn't have one. Uh I know, I know, Morton got hurt in the World Series. That happened too, but he did. He was on the mound. He was pitching in the World Series when he got hurt. So anyway, he's not It's not totally insane. It suggests that you can win playoff baseball games with a great bullpeny in a great lineup. That is very reasonable to say. It's harder when you don't have a one starter and that starter is thirty seven, thirty eight years old, who we love. Chris Sale is our guy forever, Okay, Brent Suiter, this is what Alex does. So we laughed about this already. I'm going to tweet about this jokingly, back when I had optimism in my heart about something else happening today. This is hours and hours ago. I was like, the one thing we always knew is that Alex was going to trade for a reliever on deadline day. He just always does this. It doesn't matter. Would have been better to have a better one than Brent Suter, Yes, but it's a guy that they were always going to do something because Alex always trades for a reliever. It just was going to happen at some point. Brent Suter's fine. Another one of the five trades that I thought was totally fine. They gave up Natcho Alvarez. I know Nacho was once one of their top five ish prospects a couple of years ago. That was when they had a bad system at that point, and I was never super high on Nacho. He was not good in the majors when he showed there. Maybe he finds his way to the majors an a utility role at some point. That's very possible. He's still twenty three years old. I'm not saying he's a total zero, but trading Nacho Alvarez at this point where he had nowhere to go in the organization for a guy who can help you now, yeah, totally fine. Yeah, and Britz Rogoitch Like again, he's not gonna supplant Iglesias or Fuentes or Lee or hopefully, hopefully, hopefully Robert Torres, but he can be the sixth guy in your bullpen, seventh guy in your bullpen and help you. That's my That's my almost my entire statement on the matter for right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brent Sooter is an interesting reliever of veteran He's a Harvard graduate, supposed to be a really smart guy, has been around forever and has been durable the whole time. You mentioned pretty good numbers with the Angels, you know, a three point six fip with the Angels, and with their awful defense, you would like to think that's going to continue with Atlanta. Very slow fastball and sinker hovers around eighty seven eight but first percentile fastball of plosity this season. Yeah, first percentile, but has ninety ninth percentile extension where which means that hitters just don't pick up the ball for whatever reason, it gets on him quickly. They don't hit it hard, they don't barrel him. They ninety fourth percentile hard hit rate allowed. Doesn't really walk people either, gets a lot of ground balls, which should play pretty well with a good Braves infield defense. So yeah, like Brent Suter is the sixth or seventh guy in your bullpen, makes a lot of sense. I'm not a big believer in Danny Young. I think he certainly is better than Danny Young and kind of gives you another option alongside Dylan Dodd and of course Dylan Lee as kind of your big three lefties in you know, when the games really do become important in September and October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he does. He's not traditional lefty, like, he doesn't have great almost almost reverse platoon splits. He's not like a dominant lefty versus lefty reliever, but having another option there, like you can go to how they a veteran. I agree with you. He's better than Danny Jung. So even if it's just an upgrade on that spot, like, that's not a bad thing to have in the organization. So I thought it was fine. We'll see how he looks. And I'm glat you pointed out the defense of the Angels that this is the kind of picture that you need a defense behind you. He's not going to fool. He doesn't. I shouldn't say that. In the full hitters. He doesn't miss bats. He gets soft. He's a soft contact guy, and you need defense when you're that kind of pitcher. And he has better defense now than he had before. Elsewhere on the trade stuff, eli White is no longer remember of the Braves. He was traded to the Red Sox today for Tyler Eberstein. You know the addition of of Laine Thomas. We didn't talk about Eliab being like a straight DFA candidate that much on our show last night. But I am not surprised with this at all because there wasn't a huge role left for Eli White. You could argue like pinch running would have been his role basically, especially if they were going to DFA Mateo would have been like, all right, maybe you want either Mateo or White on the ross. Now they have neither, but you can find that. And crucially, Eli White as older, the people realize he is he's been around for a long time in the majors or fringe in the majors, and he is out of options. So like it was either keep him on the roster or DFA him or trade him. Like they couldn't option him down to the minors. Which are the people like, why are they traded stuff? Just well, no, because they couldn't set him down. He was out of options, and they traded for you, for you Ristine, who may not be a thing, but he has minor league options. And it seems to me this is the kind of deal that you do when you're thinking about dfing Eli White and you're like, hey, can I can we trade him before we have to before we just cut him? That's that was my worad. They didn't say that, but I was like, oh, if they traded him for this, for this return, they at least wanted to make sure that they basically there's a market before they could move on from him some other Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if the Braves make the decision to move on from Eli White, you might as well try to get something for him. And you mentioned how that you were. Steine twenty seven years old, has been pretty good in the minors. I think, only made one or two appearances with Boston this year and then got hurt, but has been throwing the ball well in his rehab. So I think there's a chance we might see Uberstein at some point in these final two months. But at the same time, as you, as you alluded to, if you're twenty seven years old and you have not made an impact, a continued impact in the majors, generally the odds are are pretty low. But you know what, Eli White seemed like a good dude, had some nice moments for this team, but you know, he did become a bit redundant with some of the other additions they've made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we talked about last night, but yeah, you know, Layne Thomas is just like the better version of Eli White, and that's that's bad news for Eli White. As soon as Laine Thomas came either for either either for them moving on from him or him just playing way less, one of those is gonna happen as soon as they got Lane Thomas, and it ended up being moving on from him. And just to say it out loud, Eli White's thirty two. I think if you polled Braves fans and asked how old Eli White was, they did not know. He's thirty two years old. I think people think he's like a twenty five year old.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's thirty. So to your point, very beloved player. Like some bench guys just get very popular. He became one of those guys. I mean, I know you joked about setting thoughts and prayers to the Braves twitter handle administration. Today when they announced daylight White was, they kind of gave their farewell tweet and people were very very unhappy. A granted part that's probably because they didn't make a trade for a picture, but yeah, people did not want you that White to be gone either. So it was a rough day for the folks behind the social media accounts for the Braves.
Speaker 2: You know, the other move that was not a giant surprise, but you know, trading Joey Bart to the White Sox, I think even lesser of an arm came back for Joey Bart. Yeah, it was, of course, I've just lost his name.
Speaker 1: It's Duncan David, thank you, and that as soon as that happened. Look, we talked about this for a long time already, with Murphy getting close, Sean Murphy coming back from rehab assignment now official, it's been announce as of twenty minutes ago. But he was always going to be close, and there was a world in which they might keep Joy Bart. But they don't similarly want to carry three catchers. They don't like to do that. It seems like if you follow him for years and years and years now and Bart wasn't so good where you couldn't move on from him, and to me this felt like even more so than eli White thing, it's like, oh, we're going to have to cut Joey Bart today if we don't trade him, because Duck and Davitt got DFAD I think two days ago or yesterday, So like this is a DFA for DFA trade. This is a and I get it. Joey Bart is a big a bigger name as if Worri he was drafted, and I think he's a major leagu back up catcher. I mean, I don't think he's some great player, but he's a number two catcher on a team that's he's fine. But spoiler, folks, they were never going to get anything back for Joey Bart in a trade, like I'm sorry, Like if you were holding out for some great return for Joey Bart, like that was never happening. So they got a flyer on a monor league arm. That's all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, I think it would be in an ideal world you would have held on to Joey Bart as catcher insurance on the chance that Drake Baldwin gets hurt again or Seawan Murphy gets hurt again. Murph has a long injury list at this point. But from a roster perspective, you know you can only carry well twenty six players in total and thirteen position players, so it's gonna be tough just to make the math work. I know a few people pointed that out today, and I mean, truthfully, go look at the active roster and say who would you boot out after the couple of moves this weekend, like you know who getting rid of? I mean, I guess if you wanted to say, like Dominic Smith could go and then you keep three catchers, But that feels a little silly to me. And there really just wasn't a ton of other options at least for the next month until rosters expand by two and on September first. So yeah, now we just hold our breath, hope that that John Murphy can give this team something obviously, hope that Drake Baldwin continues to be awesome. But yeah, as soon as I saw Joey Bart was getting traded, I was not expecting a top prospect by any means.
Speaker 1: No, it leaked out with like, oh Bart's been traded. I'm like, well, this is going to be unwhelming, and it was, but we'll see. And look, this is not a semur if your Reaction podcast. Murphy looked pretty good in Winnette by all accounts in the last week or two. I think he's underrated right now, but he also might get hurt any day. So that's I am the Sean Murphy defender until the end, I think. But uh, I am realistic about what he is and what he isn't. We'll find out, all right, Scott, do you want to talk briefly before we get out of here. I don't want to make you do your twelfth rant of this podcast. I feel like we should. I feel like we should kind of take stock a little bit. We've done a little bit already on the podcast. But everybody got better in the National League. Like, the Braves are probably gonna win the in at least I didn't say definitely, they're probably gonna win the in. At least they have an eight game lead on August second or August third, Like they're probably gonna win the division. But the Dodgers got Tarek Scuble, and yes, they paid a real cost for him. We never really did the post Schooble discussion because he got traded in a weird spot for our podcast. Is were I don't know. I don't know if they were gonna on him or not. I probably guess not based on what happened Lucky, Yes, But I mean I didn't have a problem with the Braves not beating what they what what the Dodgers paid. There's a whole discussion. We won't have today about the Dodgers being able to pay a prospect cost because they don't have to worry about the money. They just don't care about the money, so they could just do whatever they want. There was comparisons made about what it would have been for the Braves, whether it would have been Hartman and something else or Candated or something else and whatever. But the Dodgers got Terra Schoubel and Chris Boubach. I don't know why they are Chrispoobach. They don't they don't need Chrispoombach. The Brives could use Chris boob Wich right now and they didn't get him. He's see better than Tyler Mallley. I don't really know. There's probably he's hurt right now.
Speaker 2: So I mean the Dodgers acquired someone who's hurt to maybe pitch in September. But I mean, I don't But compare that, Compare that to what Alex and Thopolis just said about our rotation and the Dodger rotation. It could not be any any different.
Speaker 1: No, it's insane, and they're and they're hurt. I know, no one's in the mood to defend the Dodgers, including me. They have a lot of injuries, which is I'm assuming why they're doing this. But still I brastill to get mad at me because I kind of just mention sometimes the Dodgers are kind of in their own stratosphere because they are guys. I'm sorry, they just are their rosters. But everybody else's roster. It already was, it's even better now. And for the Braves to win the World Series or make the World Series, they got to either get lucky to beat the Dodgers or have somebody else beat them, because the Dodgers are the best team. But it's baseball. You can still lose. But Scott, not Scott, I know you're old enough to remember, like I am. You remember the Dodgers were the team that could never win the Big One, because I do. I do. That's been forgotten the last couple of years. But they were the best team in the league several times, didn't win the World Series. Like that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's based on and then you know it helps do when you then spend five hundred million dollars a year and you have I mean.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a labor issue. It already is a labor issue. Like that's a different special day. But anyway, the Dodgers were already the favorites. They have got better. They're even bigger favorites now. That's unfortunate, but just worth saying out loud. The Brewers, who are the second best team in the National League this year, even ahead of the Braves, got Dustin May and Jojo Romero. Dustin May is a polarizing figure. I don't think he's some great pitcher, but he helps them. He's The Braves could use us of May right now, and they didn't get him. So the Brews got better. The Cubs got Kevin Gosman and Clay Holmes. Kevin Gosman and Clay Holmes today.
Speaker 2: That would have been, I mean, a perfect deadline for the Braves. If they could have done that, what the Cubs did today, I would be I would be thrilled if the Braves could have done what the Cubs did today.
Speaker 1: The Potterys I wasn't even like thinking about because they were They're not even in They're not even in the wildcardsmar right now. They are in the their fourth in the wildcard race right now. But the Potterys went and got two star pitchers today too. They did the rob they did the Robbie Ray thing. We were talking about the Braves doing as the number two guy that they and got and they used a bunch of money, like they they upgraded. I'm not scared of the Padres, but they got better today. And then the Phillies fans are mad like Braves fans are mad right now because they also they also wanted a starting pitcher and didn't get one. They did get Luisa Rice is kind of a big name, and Brooks Raley. But I mean everybody, and look, the brains got better too. Did they get better enough? No, we were annoyed by that. Obviously, the Braids got better too. But I say that I'll just say, let's be sober for like one second here, Scott. I'll ask you this because I feel this way. The Braves World Series odds or National League Pennant odds went down today right like that. I mean, they got they got better in the last few days, and they still lost ground in that war. Correct. Do we agree on that?
Speaker 2: I would say with a straight face. August third is we're recording this. If the Braves see the Dodgers in the playoffs, the Dodgers would be the favorites. I would expect the Dogs to win. Could the Braves win, Sure, but yeah, the ploffsies right, they could, they could win. No one's picking them right against the Brewers. I think the computers would pick the Brewers. I think, in my true heart of hearts, I think the Brewers are a better team now than the Braves. Maybe not over a one to sixty two sample, but in a best of five or a best of seven now with the top of the Brewers rotation, I would lean.
Speaker 1: Towards the Brewers.
Speaker 2: The Cubs, I mean, the Cubs are a weird team. They run either super hot or super cold. But now that they add Gosman and Holmes to their rotation, they're a whole lot better, a lot more dangerous. They have a great offense, especially against left handed pitching, so the Cubs are scary. I still think I would lean the Braves over the Cubs, but that would be like a fifty five forty five type of series. And then the Phillies, while they have all these issues. One, the Luisa Rise trade was very weird, and they're not only Louisa Rise, and they're gonna move people like Bryce Harper's going to the outfield and they're moving players, don't the Phillies are all over?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Listen listen to the Phillies show on our network if you want more on the Phillies. But yeah, I I don't believe in the Phillies. I don't think they're particularly good, but they did get a little better. I mean, it's it's weird. I this is not this show. But uh, what are the Red Sox doing? Would be a question I'd asked, just as a baseball fan, what's going on? They traded Marcella Meyer for like a weird reliever. Like, I don't know what the Red Socks were doing in general. They didn't sell, but they also like Sunny Gray was clearly not available unfortunately.
Speaker 2: When they gave a fortune to get Adley Rushman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've made a million. Yeah, it's what a weird day, weird week. But look, I'm not trying to doom er. You said it earlier, even in the midst of a ramp, and I think you're right. The Atlanta Braves could still make the World Series. We're saying out loud, as mad as we are, as annoyed as we are, as baffled as we are as frustrated as we are. Pick whichever word you want, Scott, maybe you have a different one that's more less than less PG than what I've use on the podcast. As bad as we are, they can still win the World Series, they can still make the World Series. Are their odds great to do that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean that it's not. It's not great right now. God help us if Chris Sale gets hurt, as we already knew, but it's even more pronounced now than it was then. And I do have one thing that I want to just say before I forget to say it. And I know you back me up on this one reason that I am as annoyed as I am, and I'm I'm probably two level to a fault. Listeners for a lot of the time know that I don't get too high or too low very much. One reason I'm even more annoyed than I would have been is that the Braves are not young anymore. They're just not, and they're operating like they are. Chris Sale is not quite He's older than you, isn't he. I think Chris Sale's older than you. Chris Sale's older than Scott Coleman, which is all you need to know about his life and future. But Ronald A Queen Junior is only on a contract for two and a half more years, Like Austin Riley is already a disaster contract right now. As good as Matt Olsen is, he's not getting younger. Ozzie Alby's is not getting younger, and might be might not be on the team all that much longer given his age contract stuff like, yeah, they had Drake Balwin. Great to have Drake Balwin, but he's the only he's the only guy. Michael Harris has been great this year, so we could shot him out too. Maybe he's on that timeline. But all the guys that we used to be young five years ago aren't young anymore. And when you're as reliant as the Braves are on Chris Sale and Ronald A Queen Junior, but even Chris Sale right now, you got to be trying to win right now. Man, this might be if Chris Sale he's not gonna retire after the season, I don't think. But like, there's a decent chance this is the best is ever gonna be again, and they're they're not pushing chips in, so that's it's something I know that like orials fans dealt with when they were like they rebuilt for a long time, they never got they never like pushed all our chips in, and now they're selling out of the Richman, which reminded me to talk about this. The Brands obviously won their World Series. They did. They won the World Series. We were there, we covered it was fun, but like, what was the was? What was then? A young team is not a young team anymore, man, and it's it's maddening. I don't mean to like bring the spirit down at the end of the podcast, but like through we go through the exercise of hey, the Breads could still win the World Series. I do mean that, I do believe it. The playoffs are pretty darn random in baseball, and the twenty twenty one team wasn't the best team in baseball. I always say that. I don't mean it's not me pouring cold water. They still won the games. That's all that matters. Then the benter Flies, it will always fly. They weren't the best team, so I hope they won the World Series. They still could. But one reason I personally am like even more annoyed is that this could be their best chance with this crew.
Speaker 2: This was unquestionably their best chance since twenty twenty three, which, funny enough, looking back, twenty three was also a pretty subdued deadline. They did not do a whole lot to improve that history work offense, and a pitching staff that you'd probably get to use some help. We know how twenty twenty three went. Twenty twenty four they had all the injuries. We know how the wild card went. It was over in about twenty four hours. Last year was a disaster. In this year, despite all the things that have gone wrong, despite all the injuries, they're having a great season. They're twenty two games above five hundred, there are eight games ahead of the Phillies in the division. Almost certainly going to win the East. Maybe not a guarantee, but very likely to win the East. They're really in the mix for one of those top two protected seeds in the national leagues. You don't have to play in the wild card round. There were so many reasons to push in some chips and to give yourself a chance, and to add another starter, and to do the things we talked about. They also didn't add a bat other than Lane Thomas, and we talked about that on the show, like, hey, Dominic Smith has really been struggling for like three months now, and there's no guarantee that Ronald Acuney Junior is going to stay healthy or that anybody's gonna get hurt, and they didn't do that either. It's just so frustrating. It's a good roster, but I think in October the whole on this roster are really going to rear themselves whenever it comes to playoff time. I sure hope I'm wrong. I hope we can look back on this and laugh. I genuinely, Brad, in three months, I hope we're talking about the Braves won the World Series and we can look back at this episode and laugh at ourselves for all of the concerns and my fifteen rants that I've had. But I am just so concerned about the way the playoffs play out. The Braves are not well set up for how the postseason typically goes, and there was a chance over the last couple of weeks to change that and to address it, and they did not, And that is incredibly frustrating as a fan, as somebody who does multiple podcasts a week, I don't give my money to the Braves.
Speaker 1: I'm not local.
Speaker 2: I don't spend my hard earn cash on tickets, but if you're a season ticket holder, it's kind of a smack in the face to you. You pour your thousands of dollars into this team with tickets and merchandise and parking, go to the battery before and after? What did they do? They pocketed the jury and profile money. More or less, they have not spent it in any way. They didn't add anybody in February. They didn't really add at the deadline. Everybody they acquired makes a couple million dollars with their pro rated salaries, but they didn't go out and add an impact guy who was owed a lot of money. It's just it is such a shame. And I over the weekend, I just kept telling myself, they're gonna add They're gonna do it, They're gonna give this team a chance. And do they still have a chance, yes, but damn it, it would be so much better if they would have, Like why, Alex, why would you not go and add one starting pitcher to this team? Better than Tyler Malley and this entire podcast, the entire feel around the fan base would be one point eighty if you would have gone out and acquired anyone.
Speaker 1: He didn't do it, didn't do it. That's true. I am local. I don't go to Tonning games anymore because we covered the team and it's easier to be home. But yeah, everything you said right is right. And somebody will undoubtedly say that we're not yelling enough because we're not just saying the F bomb for an hour, because that would be a bad podcast. We get probably get fired. I think we're pretty I think it's pretty clear refrustrated. Uh, And I do approach it differently. I've always say that. But people that know, like I cover the Hawks like professionally in Atlanta Hawk Like I cover the Hawks basically full time, and the Braves are a little bit different than that. I'm still much more of a fan of the Hawk, of this the Braves than I am of the Hawks. The Hawks is a job at this point, but we do this. We try to be responsible, but we're we're still invested in the team, and we act like it on the podcast. So we may not always agree with everything, even with each other, like we disagree. It's that's part of the fun. Yeah, But yeah, I think, but we're all we're all maddened by what happened and really what didn't happen here, and uh, I mean we're all still hoping that we feel not dumb. I think everything we said here I stand by and will stand by whether the Braves when the World's Series or not. If the were't win the World Series in three months, I will still believe they had a bad they had a bad headline, of course. And then yeah, and then and then one'll get yelled at because they'll be like, oh, Alex is a genius. He knew he didn't need it. The Braves just won the World Series anyway. And that's the part that's so fun because I remember, like you do, in twenty twenty one, people weren't very happy with Alex and then they won the World Series because everything went right. And it's part of the fun.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a results based business, all right, Scott. We will have more on this feed, I guarantee everyone, not only from us, but I'm sure we'll get a Steven Tolbert Sean Coleman response to the deadline as well. It probably will have some crossover to this one. But they have their own thoughts that they'll be sharing. And then as we always do. We'll cover the games, we'll cover the injuries, we'll cover the news. We'll be here all the way through. So please subscribe to Hammer Territory and we might have some new listeners today. If this is your first podcast, welcome aboard. It's a bit of an odd time to join us, but we definitely appreciate it, so stick around Apple, Spotify, YouTube, et cetera. If you want more rants from Scott, it's at Scott Colon fifty five on Twitter, where I just saw you tweeted during the podcast. Shame on you. We're trying to do a podcast here. I'm Caring for Fashion podcast. Same. I was tweeting too, I was I was actually in a mat. I was actually at a Twitter fight with someone during the podcast because I'm professional like that. I'm at bt Roland, follow Stephen at be Oderscore Outliers, follows Sean at Stat's SAC. I got all those on the first try, and one more time. Subscribe, Tell your friends, join us, and let's hope that we'll be covering a lot of wins over the next two months into October and beyond. Expos to everybody. We definitely appreciate it and we'll see everybody next time.