Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll and I'm joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. Louise, good morning. Let's start with the big deals news in the UK. Forty two to fifty listed Roadtork being snapped up by the Swiss group ABB.
Speaker 1: Indeed yet a huge deal there. So that's for five point five billion US dollars. So if we look at ABB first shares fell just over three percent. They had initially gained and then they fell separately. They had second quarter results. Their numbers are strong, but the focus is really on this buyout of their smaller arrival, road Talk.
Speaker 4: As I say, five point five billion US dollars.
Speaker 1: This is all in the industrial space, so some consolidation there. It's its largest acquisition ever and essentially it's pushing more into electrification automation, and lists are saying it makes strategic sense. Road Talk is a high quality asset, but it's a hefty price tag, So it's a big, big deal for them now. The CEO has actually told BlueBag TV this morning that they've got deep pockets for more deals. They're in a strong position, they got strong balance sheep, as I say. Shares falling slightly on that, on that, on that hefty price tag. In terms of road Talk here in London, shares sawed sixty seven percent initially at open. For them, it's a premium for in terms of the price that it's being bought for. But for London, obviously it's another loss from the London Stock Exchange as we've been seeing kind of across the board, and there are other also deals ongoing at the moment as well, So a loss for London, but for road Talk, shares up sixty seven percent at open.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's a share that's rising sharply. One that's falling sharply though is a Cardo what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And more headwinds really for Rocado, so they've sunk to twenty thirteen low. Shares are down fourteen percent this morning. Initially, first glance looks relatively positive. It was their first half results performers in line. They're expecting positive free cash flow in the first half and in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: But there is still a lot of weakness there.
Speaker 1: There's weakness in its key tech unit, and it's also delayed the opening of two of its customer fulfillment centers in the US that's a core part of its offering. As I say, it's kind of the latest setback for Acado. They've had two North American customers, two key North American customers, pulling back on partnerships and shouting warehouses over the past few months. That's kind of prompted questions over its entire business model, struggling to convince investors essentially about the viability of that business model, about its robot technology. That's also triggered leadership questions. So the CEO is stepping down at the start of twenty twenty eight. So they're in the middle of final successor So despite what was seemingly relatively positive of actual numbers for you know, the overriding numbers that week performance in its tech unit and that that setback in terms of those customers and the fulfillment centers in the US is dragging a cardo this morning in London.
Speaker 3: Okay, And finally you've got some news from the home builder in the UK.
Speaker 1: Chris Nicotton, Yes, first half results and the focus here is it is on their financing, their funding essentially, so these first results already been delayed.
Speaker 4: They wanted more time for talks with their lenders.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to breach their terms of its debt and they've already offered sorry, already issued a series of profit warnings. That was before the Iran war, and then the Iran War kicked off, which is obviously further headwinds for the whole housing and home building industry. Shares fell again eight percent this morning, so they've avoided an equity raise. They have a greed and extension with their lenders, but Alyss is saying that is the only positive there. Chris Nicholson also saying that four year earnings will be in the lower half of the guidance. Rage volumes are down, they're reducing land by their marketing noncore land for sale, so you know that the funding issue may be sold for now or until at least they've agreed the extension till the end of September, but there's still questions over its performance and a lot of headwinds in the housing market.
Speaker 2: The stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.