Speaker 1: Hey, Birdland, welcome in one series. Post trade deadline is in the books. One cold later for years. Truly been an interesting few days in my household. But since you're just watching, you can't get this terrible cold. I got lucky for Tim and Brad and everybody today. It's been an interesting few days nursing this baby. But the Orioles today, guys, it was disappointing. Four to one. They lose to the Angels and the offense just is not showing up. We posted this stat numerous times, thirteen runs were less. Now they have scored in ten of the last twelve series, remarkably because of the pitchers. They have a winning record in those thirty six games nineteen and seventeen. But what could it be if they just get a few more runs which they're not getting. Six runs against the Phillies, shut out twice, nine runs against the Angels, and guys, it wouldn't have taken much to get a sweep here, which they did not get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just been kind of baffling really when you look at this offense.
Speaker 3: I was supposed to be one of their big strengths.
Speaker 2: You know, score some runs and hopefully the pitching comes around, and now for the last two months, we've been talking about the pitching non stop and the hitting has just not been enough to you know, kind of get them these wins. And like Steve, like you said, yeah, it's a series win, but very easily could have been a sweep today with just a couple you know, big hits there. It's just they're they're not able to come through here recently, and it's it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of hard to wrap your head around it.
Speaker 2: And obviously a lot of motions in the clubhouse and everything these last couple of days. So got to give the team credit to definitely getting a series win, but it's gonna be some tough competition here, and they now find themselves, i think, behind four different teams for that final wildcout spot, and even though they're only one game behind, it's tough to really jump over or one and a half games behind. It's really tough when you start sacking teams ahead of you to get ahead of them because now you're looking for four losses to gain any ground in the standing. So that's kind of where they're behind the eight ball. But you know, I got to give them credit that they got the series there wasn't a ton of offense, but the pitching still has just been tremendous, and the starting pitching has gone a long way these last couple of months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you start with the positive, I think we were all kind of wondering what would this club be like, especially the first game after the trade deadline, because just seeing all the interviews prior to Tuesday's game, you could tell they were really emotional. Gunner Henderson, especially because he was in the same draft class as Adlee Ruchman Colden Cowser saying that Adley's in his wedding like that. There was a ton of emotion in that clubhouse prior to Tuesday's games, So you give them credit for winning that game, winning Wednesday. Trevor Rodgers was spectacular last night, and Kate Povich stepping stepping up, dig pitching well with traffic Tuesday, and then today, Look, Brandon Young would tell you he didn't have his best stuff today. I think that's obvious. But Zach Netto, that was the one big blow, the three run homer. But with how the offense is performing right now, the three runs felt like six runs. It felt like seven runs. They only had four hits today. You know, Gunnar Henderson ran into it out at home plate to end an inning.
Speaker 5: There. It's ugly for this offense right now.
Speaker 4: You flash the graphic up there, Steve fourteen hits in this series. They have twenty seven hits in the last two series, including the Philly series and this one against the Angels. The offense just isn't giving them nowhere near enough right now.
Speaker 1: Really disappointing because that's an area that we counted on this season. And as you said, fourteen hits, shut out twice to end the Philly series. It's a theme for the Orioles Friday night. Great win. Let's see if they can get the series against the Phillies. They don't first two against the Angels, and I don't think they played great in the first two in that series, but they've beat a bad team and then they had a chance to sweep them and then could not pull that off. So I'm not sure what the answer is here, but this deep end of the season, it's starting to look like this is who the offense is more so than it's an outlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it kind of seems like. It's it's the same guys. If they produce they win games, and if they don't, then it's kind of not The offense just isn't there. So it's it's like you're saying, it's it's been four months, so it's not like this is a couple of week stretch or something like that. And it's, like I said, it's shocking, it's hard to like, kind of when you see all these stats, it's just really hard to believe that this is the offense that we had thought about in spring training and thought it was going to carry this team all the way through the season. That they're just not performing to the levels that we expected. And it's just hard to win games when you don't score runs.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: It's the pitching has done everything they can and at some point it's going to come back to the mean a little bit. I feel like they've been pitching so well that it's kept them afloat in the standings right now. But it's just kind of it's kind of just hard of fathom, like you said, thirteen fourteen hits this series. It's just not the offense that we are we're expecting at all this season, and it's just kind of hard to believing.
Speaker 3: You just wonder where's it gonna come from.
Speaker 2: At this point, it's they're gonna be trying some different guys in the lineup. They're gonna be trying some of the newer guys. They're gonna be getting more at bets for guys that I feel like, uh, you know, they're gonna find try to find out who they have for twenty twenty seven. So it's guys just have to step up, and it's there's no other way to put it, and you need your stars to do with that we expect them to do. And then you need the guys that are gonna start getting more regular at bats just show that they're ready to be pieces for twenty six and twenty seven then beyond.
Speaker 4: I think today was especially disappointing guys considering the starting pitcher and Ryan Johnson, the Angels starter today.
Speaker 5: Has really, really, really, really struggled.
Speaker 4: Outside of his two starts against the Orioles, his last one in Anaheim. You combine both starts, the one in Anaheim the one today, he's going ten and two thirds innings, four hits, one run, six walks, nine strikeouts. It's a point eight four ERA, a point nine four whip, one twenty five batting average. The rest of his outings against the rest of the league guys eight seven eight, ERA one seven eight whip and a three to zero nine batting average. So he's getting shelved against everyone else. But this Orioles lineup just couldn't figure it out. And I think what was so disappointing about today? He had five walks and a hit by pitch and it didn't score. You know, Jackson Holliday came up bases loaded situation where he just walked a couple guys, He swung at the first pitch, grounded out to the second baseman, and you look at the game as a whole, eight walks, one hip by pitch. None of those nine base runners came around to score.
Speaker 5: That just can't happen. It can't happen.
Speaker 1: So had the Orioles won today, amazingly enough, they would be at this hour tied for the AL third wild card. Going into today, they needed Cleveland to lose to ask. Then Cleveland lost, Texas did not play, the Ools would have gained the half game to tie Texas at fifty seven and fifty eight. They would be in a playoff position. If they won the game, today. They also would have been within one game of five hundred for the first time since the end of April. A lot of good could have come out of a win today that Storials didn't get. When we come back, I want to ask the guys this question. It sounds a little ridiculous to say it this way, but is this team okay? And that's what I mean? How much the vibe? How are they holding up after what happened Monday? Because I don't think we got definitive answers in the last three days. I think we're still going to be sorting that out. But let's check in on that in a moment on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 6: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Todfather take it away.
Speaker 7: Hey, if you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been home schooled. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 6: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family, at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this false See how K twelve pirate schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 1: So we ask, is this team oka coming out of Monday? The trade, the emotion we heard from the clubhouse as they lose several players they were fond of, including of course Adlie Richmand, the face of the reill, the first draft pick of Michaelias, et cetera, et cetera, And guys, I don't think we know the answer to that yet. I think the one lost record is going to be the real Teltale here And will this spur them on to get a playoff spot? It might? Will it drag him down over weeks. When Brandon Hyde was fired last year and I went into that clubhouse, it was down man, and you watched the Ools play for about a week. They were not a good team. They were trying to get their bearings on straight. I don't think this is the same thing because I think players realize and Brad, you can talk to this more than Tim and I. It's a business. Life goes on. We say goodbye to good friends all the time. You got traded, Zach got traded. A lot of big names have been traded from the Orioles Man he got traded, Sodo got traded, Harper got traded. This is part of baseball, and so long winded a way of saying, we don't know that answer yet.
Speaker 2: I don't think yeah, And I don't think you're gonna to know the answer honestly until these last fifty games are played. I just feel like this is with the group that they have left, it's not going to be a short answer. It's not gonna be a one week it's not going to be a two week. I really think you're gonna have to judge the group that's left by the fifty games and where they stand at the end of the season, and that can be tough because when you're so close in the standings like it is in the al right now, you want the quick answer because you want to be in a position to go make a playoff run. But I just think with the moves that they made, this is going to be more of a long, two month winded answer as opposed to series by series or week by week. Like you said, when you lose the personalities that they lost, the guys that are really close in that clubhouse, the leaders of that clubhouse, it's gonna take a little bit of time and like, like we've talked about probably almost too much at this point, but twenty eighteen a little different.
Speaker 3: We knew we were going to get traded.
Speaker 2: There was guys going all over the place, and we didn't really have time to think about it too much because other guys knew they were going to go. So this group is now together and there's gonna be nobody else leaving. This is who they have, So I think it's just going to be more of I don't want to judge it by one series. I don't want to judge it by Oh, they play the Rangers and they get they lose that series. This this isn't gonna work. I just think it has to. You have to look at it as a fifty game experiment. I guess I don't know of another way to kind of look at it. That's not the way you want to look at it when you're one game out of the wild Card, but I just think that's kind of the way you have to look at the group that's left, because I think with the guys they have left, it's just really hard to look at it over a six game span, a whole game span. You just really got to give it the full two months of the season and kind of see where they're at.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was kind of funny.
Speaker 4: We had Adam Jones on the show on Monday, and obviously he's an assistant to Michael Lias, and full disclosure, I was not expecting Adam Jones to still come on.
Speaker 8: Because this was in the midst of Hadley getting traded, everyone's getting traded. I was just thinking and would have totally have understood if he would have said, Hey, I don't think this is a good time to come on. But to his credit, he came on, and I was saying to Canada, one of my co host We got to ask him about that.
Speaker 5: We can't not ask him about Adley having him come on.
Speaker 4: And he created a great answer, man, like he really did. And and he brought up twenty eighteen Brad and and he was saying, I think he was saying they were about to play a series at the Bronx, and he was bringing up the Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Of him at Fresh Prince looking around him. He was bringing that up where all my guys at.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you know, Adam, Adam was saying, like, look, this is a great opportunity for a lot of guys right now. You know Poso and Nervaez, and you look in the outfield with Franklin and Dylan Beavers and Colden Cowser.
Speaker 5: It's not ideal.
Speaker 4: And there is the human element of it that I'm sure absolutely shocked guys. I mean, they told the story that they were going to see Spider Man together and Adley got the call and then they didn't go. And Tyler Wells, you know, he was with like it sucks. The aspect of it where a lot of those guys came up through the minors with Adley Rutchman or especially during the COVID, the weird you know Booie situation, Steve with the player development when Gunner was with him, Like Gunner, he could barely even talk about it on Mondays. So I think it's guys still processing things right now, and I'm with Brad, it's going to take a while to figure it out. And this stretch of sixteen games, it's tough. It's all teams are chasing. It's Twins, Rangers, the Rays twice, the Yankees. This is a tough stretch and it's certainly a step up in competition over the Angels. But I think, kind of like what Adam told us on Monday, you have to use this as a rallying cry. If you're the guys in that clubhouse, like you have an opportunity to really carve out a role, make an impression on Michaels. The rest of the front off is Craig albrin As not just for this season, but twenty twenty seven and beyond.
Speaker 1: Here's what's happened here. Over a course of years, this young corps came up and hit the ground running pretty well. Gunner was an MVP candidate. Adley and Gunner were rookie of the Year candidate's Rookie of the Year Cawser, two All Star appearances, great stats turned the Orioles into winners, But then the Young Corps did not take a collective step forward. In fact, the opposite has happened. Several players and collectively that Young Core fell back, and so did the Orioles. So for me, I get the human element here. But I'm saying, if you're the team, is it a bad thing to trade from a team that has been losing for over two calendar years? So maybe a shake up, a breakup to get you you got to the band is no longer together. Maybe some of that is not the worst thing to happen. And we're gonna see how the players respond. As we've been saying for the last few minutes, we don't know how this is gonna work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think they made Yeah, Steve, I think you're one hundred percent right. I think it's kind of the first reality check these guys have had. They've kind of had this almost like this cushion and bubble like, oh, we're not going anywhere where the Young Core. You know, we're gonna win or lose with us. But I think this is just a reality check of this is the business of baseball and it sucks at times.
Speaker 3: There's no other way to put it.
Speaker 2: As a player, you have some of your best friends on the team, but at the end of the day, the team is going to make decisions based on what they think is best for the team moving forward.
Speaker 3: And it's it's not fun, it's not easy.
Speaker 2: But I think it ruffled some feathers and I think they realize that if you're trading Adlie, there's really nobody that's kind of untouchable in this organization. There's nobody untouchable in this lineup that can't go somewhere or you know, God forbid something like you get dfaate or something like it. Just it becomes a harsh reality that you need to produce at the big league level. There's no hiding from your stats, there's no hiding from records of the teams that you're on, and if things aren't going in the right direction, they can make these Jurassic moves like trading the head piece of this young Cores, And I think this has really sent the message to this clubhouse that all right, it's time to produce or you know, stuff can happen.
Speaker 3: Guys can get.
Speaker 2: Traded, you might not be playing for the Oils anymore, and it's just kind of the reality of the game, and it's I think it's just all kind of I think this was a Jurassic move they made to get rid of all the guys that they did. But I think it's a big wake up call, and I think it is a rallying cry for this team that we need to get together, and it's got to get together here soon. Otherwise we're not going to get to play baseball and see each other every single day, and that can be a hard thing to realize, especially when you're a young player, like a lot of these guys still are.
Speaker 4: Brad, I think you made a really good point when you were on Must Show a couple hours ago and someone asked you about Gunner and his struggles, and you think of all of these guys where Gunner, of course, was drafted at a high school. Adlee was a one to one. Jackson Holliday's a one to one. Colden Cowser was a fifth overall pick. A lot of these guys have so much pedigree heading into their professional career where this is their biggest downturn that they've had maybe in their baseball career at this point, and now it's just how do you respond?
Speaker 5: How do you get the train back on the track?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's tough because a lot of times when you're a high round pick, like you said, especially high school kids, they never have struggled like it's been, you know, your first round pick, second round pick.
Speaker 3: You're dominating high school.
Speaker 2: You get to the minor leagues, that seems like an easy test to get to the big leagues with some of these guys especially had success immediately, so there you think it's just going to be up from there. But then there's just there's so much in the game that it can you can underperform, you can run into a slump and you don't know how to get out of it. You don't know where to go to when you're struggling, and it's it's got to be tough to try to figure it out on the fly like a lot of these guys are doing, and you start beating yourself up. And I think that's kind of what I had mentioned on the show with Gunner.
Speaker 3: I think it's it.
Speaker 2: Is some physical like I said, I think with his inside fastball struggles. It's kind of led to some of the stuff that's going on, but it's almost like you don't even know where to grasp onto to go and like use prior experience of struggles or oh I did this or this gets you back to like almost neutral when you're a player. So I just think it's a lot of stuff coming at them at the same time. Now you throw your best friends being traded away, and you're just kind of thrown for a whirlwind right now. I can't even imagine the amount of emotions these guys are going through, because when you're in the minor leagues and you establish a group like they had, the tightness that you have in the minor leagues is like un any like unlike anything else that you experience you get to the big leagues. Guys have families, you know, the age gap is way different. But when you're in the minor leagues, you are spending every day together. It's your first time away from home. It's your first time dealing with anything that's thrown your way in the professional life. So those guys, I can't even imagine how close they are and now they're away from each other on everyday basis. So now you throw struggles in on top of it's just got to just be a whirlwind of emotions and just everything thrown at them over this last not even just week, the last three days here, and they're still going out there and have him performed at the big league level.
Speaker 4: And one quick note, Steve the other thing on top of all of this, give a rookie skipper and Craig Calbert as he ye experience this, so you know, he's kind of just flying by the seat of his pants trying to navigate this with this cult out.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's where Alonzo comes up big.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he will stuff we don't we'll never see out of the hot wine and eye of the media. Just just a little ten second SoundBite on camera the other night, tells how hard we're gonna work, that this guy so gets it and it's not fake man. That is sincere times one hundred and I think behind the scenes, this guy will be working to keep things together and and he'll he'll do it because he's good at it. He's a great leader, and he's a guy you want to play for, even though you're playing with him, not for him. So much. Yeah, but guys, this road trip is gonna be huge. Let's touch on that. We want to remind our viewers here that Saturday night's game is on Fox. So when you tune in Saturday night, go to Fox Orioles and Rangers. Guys, this is a huge series. The pitching matchup Saturday Night for the game on Fox is Bradish and the Gram. It's going to be pretty impressive. And the O's one game out, but there's like six other teams. You can say it now, it's ridiculous this race. So O's Texas big weekend coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the thing that can't be lost to is Yes, I know the Rangers right there in the standings, but at this point, it's just about stacking wins. It's you know, you can't worry about your pony, You can't worry about the standings as much as you want to this time of year.
Speaker 3: You just got to go out there.
Speaker 2: And I think if they're able to stack a few series wins together, build up some of the confidence. Kind of have this trade deadline in the rear view because I mean, we've been talking about this now for almost three weeks. Can't imagine how long it's been on the back of their mind. Now it's happened, and now it's what do you do after it happens. But looking forward to that pitching matchup, for sure, if you want to see some unbelievable some of the best stuff in the big leagues, Kyle Bradish and Jacob de Gram is it. Jacob de Gram has been doing it for over a decade now and has still some of the most explosive, explosive stuff. And obviously, as O fans, you know what Kyle Bradish brings to the table. So that's a big time match up there, and hopefully the oas can kind of just keep things moving in the right direction and kind of get this trade deadline in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 4: Brad, I know obviously everything that we've been talking about the emotion of the clubhouse, the emotion coming from the trade deadline. But focusing on this game, and I understand that this is not your normal big time playoff implication MATCHUPE to below five hundred teams. But you know a lot of players, players speak, it's just another series. It's just but is there extra juice in a series like this? You're a game behind them? And there's not many games left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you try, you try your best to not think about it, but I know, I mean, you can't help. But when it's August, you're looking at the standings, you know who's ahead of you. So it's as much as like you say, it's you know, it's every other it's like every other series. You know you can gain ground or go past the Rangers, which would be one less team in front of you at this point.
Speaker 3: And so that's big.
Speaker 2: And I think it's hard as a human to sit there and see the standings in front of you and as a baseball player say, oh, it's just another game.
Speaker 3: It's just another series.
Speaker 2: So I think as much as you try to keep that in the back of your mind, when you go out there, you know what the implications are of this series.
Speaker 3: So these guys will be up forward and they know.
Speaker 2: I think it's just this road trip, as weird as it may sound, might come at the best time. You had three games at home after the deadline. Now you're gonna get six games on the road against teams that are in front of you. It's a great time for these guys to really get together, whether they're able to get to Texas tonight, have a team dinner and just kind of get together for the first time all together and just sit and maybe talk about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you have to reminisce, maybe you talk you know, you talk.
Speaker 2: About at you talk about Tyler, talk about the guys that have left, and maybe it's like a good way to kind of put it in the past and kind of really move forward with this group as a whole. Sometimes teams are able to do that and kind of use this as like their rally cry, this is what can get you moving forward in the right direction. And I really hope that they're able to do that this road trip. I know things have changed a little bit since I played. There's a lot more family members that make road trips and stuff like that. But I hope these guys are able to carve out, even if it's just an hour, to kind of hang out with each other and really just reconnect as a team and really fight for each other moving forward, especially on this road trip here, and keep them right in the standings where they're at.
Speaker 1: So Saturday night, it's The Orioles and the Rangers on Fox. MLB on Fox is streaming on Fox one. The Race to October starts. Now we have your front row seat to the wildest walk offs, lights out pitching, and clutch plays all season long. Follow whoever he can't miss, match up his team's battle for a spot of the postseason. Then stream the twenty twenty six World Series live on Fox one at home or on the go live or on demand. Never miss the moment. Stream now, I'll start your Fox one three day free trial today at foxwe dot com. So, guys, let's turn to two of the pitching prospects they got who will debut for the Oils organization on Saturday night. This will be exciting. Anthony Ironson came in the athlete trade. He is now the number one ranked oriel prospect. This right hander twenty one years old, who's four and oh with a one thirty two this year twelve k per nine. He's a top one hundred pitching prospect. In fact, he's number thirty four Baseball America, number forty nine MLP Pipeline. Saturday Night in Bowie, Chesapeake Bay Sox are at home and he will be on the mound here. He is getting a strikeout in a game earlier this year for the Double A Portland Sea Dogs it's going to be exciting to see his debut and a little pressure, I would think Brad on these young guys when they were with a new team and fans want to see what they can do. We've heard how good they are, and then there they are on the mound, So we'll see how it works out for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely gonna be a little bit different than being in your original organization that draft of you, and they kind of know what to expect when you make a big trade like that and you know you're the headliner.
Speaker 3: These guys aren't. You know, they're not naive to that.
Speaker 2: So when you go to the new fan base, you want to show off what you got and I think they're going to be excited to be out there, and I would be surprised if you see some stuff you haven't seen from them before, a little extra velocity, you know. The other night, Ben McDonald was talking about both the big guys that got from the Red Sox and he had gets to do a lot of the SEC games and he saw them both pitch against each other and had some really really high remarks on both those guys, especially Irons, and he said, Kyle Bradish like, and that's that's not a bad guy to hear that. If you're an Oriels fan, you know what he brings. He said he can spin the ball as good as anybody he saw at the college level. So I think if you have a chance to go to Chesapeake to check it out, I think it'd be a great, great start to go watch them see what they probably gonna be in Candy Yarts here soon.
Speaker 3: So that's an exciting thing to go see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just Karner.
Speaker 1: They have a minor league right now, sorry Tim, with Jowa, Caden Hunter, Louis de Leon, and they ranked this guy ahead of all of them. Yeah, it gets your attention, uh, right now?
Speaker 5: And Steve didn't daily Owe.
Speaker 4: He was just named pitcher of the month right for Double A international, not internationally, Yeah, easy, of course, yes, yeah yeah since then, but yeah, it's really exciting the pitching depth that they've been able to cultivate, because even prior to these trades, where obviously a lot of these guys coming back or pictures we've been talking during these episodes, how wow, man, the majority of their top ten top fifteen prospects or pitchers, and now you add a bona fide top fifty prospect in Ironsen. It's definitely huge, and some people are saying that this guy has a great chance at debuting next year, and even someone they got back this year, Michael Faire from The Raise. People are saying, maybe he makes his debut before this season's all said and done.
Speaker 5: Michael I said, he's just a call away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Picture I like a lot we touched on that last show. But the other picture they got from Boston is this young man pitching here for the Greenville Drive in high A, Kyson Witherspoon. He's now ranked by MLB pipline as year's number seven prospect. He was the fifteenth pick of the draft last year out of University of Oklahoma, where he had a great year for the Sooners in the SEC, touching ninety nine got a five million dollars signing bonus. He has struggled a little bit this year with a four to seven eightyra. I talked to Jim Kallus yesterday and wrote about that on my sub stack today, a long profile of these two kids, and Witherspoon has been a little disappointing. His fastball's getting hit, his secondaries have been inconsistent, they're not seeing what they saw in college right now. And I had one fan of the Red Sox today communicate with me that feels like they tried to change his wind up or something, So who knows. I'd like to talk to him and find out. He will pitch for Frederick at Jersey Shore Saturday night. So it's gonna be interesting to see fifteenth picking the draft already getting some criticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that's about to happen, especially when you're one of the big pieces in the trade. But you know, when both these guys pitching the SEC, there's not a better college conference, and a lot of times these guys go right to Double A. But I think the professional levels it's a little different. You're not throwing once a week, You're throwing once every five days, and I think you could take a little bit of time. Obviously, when you're a first round pick, you want to see these guys crews right up to the big leagues, but sometimes it takes a year or two.
Speaker 3: So I mean, the stuff is there.
Speaker 2: I think it's just more about getting comfortable and now getting traded to another organization within a year of getting drafted is another change that will come his way.
Speaker 3: But you never know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you go to a new team, they see something a little different. They let you go back to doing what you're doing in college. Let's try this slider. Let's try that slider, and all of a sudden things take off. When you have a ninety nine mile an hour fastball and you're seen as a starting pitcher, good things can come from that.
Speaker 3: So I think that's one of the positives for him.
Speaker 2: Maybe didn't get off, you know, on the right foot with the Red Sox, but you come over the Oils Organization, get some new eyes on you, and maybe they just get you back to what you needed to do in college and you just kind of cruise from there. But definitely two exciting arms to see and Glid. They're making their debuts for the Oils Organization here this weekend.
Speaker 1: Fangrafts has a very interesting way of ranking farm systems. They try to do it by future value and this gets into the millions and millions of dollars, and they have ranked the oil farm number two. Right now. That's here's a guy who loves it more than anybody just about. I say that's a little high right now too. I thought they were eight ten, six, seven, somewhere in there. Maybe after these trades. It really doesn't matter. What matters is how many of these guys get there and can they help Baltimore when they do, Because as the fans would scream at me, Steve, we don't want the number one farm, we want the number one MLBAT team.
Speaker 5: I got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'll also add this caveat if you have surplus of young pitching prospects, you can do a lot with that, and everybody in baseball likes pitching prospects.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think also too, with having all these arms stacked in the system, now you kind of build this culture of we're gonna go up there and we're gonna dominate. We're gonna turn this in from being, you know, a hitting prospect organization to a pitching prospect organization. And those guys can push each other a lot of times. And I think that's even when you can stack talent in the minor leagues, guys can really push each other to the next level.
Speaker 3: And I think that's that's only a good thing.
Speaker 2: You can only put as many prospects as you can in the minor leagues. Yeah, they're not all going to paint out at the big league level. But I think the more talent you get in your system, especially on the pitching side, which I feel like hasn't happened in the Oils organization in a long time. I think it's a great thing to see and whatever. Like I said, it's not gonna always work out, but they're doing the best they can right now by stacking the pitching guys together and hopefully they can take each other to the next level and beyond from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish I knew the number off the top of my head. I'll look it up after the show. But Ironston, maybe when it's all said and done, he could rival where Grayson Rodriguez was ranked in these top one hundred prospects list. I mean, Steve, I'm not sure if you remember, but him being what thirty three or whatever in Baseball America.
Speaker 5: That's that's really impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Grayson got top ten.
Speaker 5: I think it was okay. I was thinking points. Maybe I was.
Speaker 1: Wrong, and he and Manny were like top ten twelve at one point. Cream of the crop. He is about the highest, and dial Hall was top one.
Speaker 5: He was up there.
Speaker 1: The Oriels have not had a lot of top one under pitching prospects since the duo. You know, de Leon back end for a little bit. So this kid's he's thirty three, is pretty solid, so we're going to see how it works out for him. Guys, I made it through the show. I'm going for another hot key and Sunday I will sound a lot better than this. I feel pretty good. I just don't sound very good. Some fans are screaming at their computer. What else, Steve? Anyway, enjoy it, guys, and we'll talk to you soon. Thanks for putting up with it. My voice everybody. Catch you next time on Birdland Territory