Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 4: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. VOYD in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans. See DKNNG, dot CO, slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Oko Joe ESPN ranks the best situations for an NFL number one pick since nineteen ninety in fifth place with Jameis Winston. He inherited Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Austin seraph and Jenkins, Doug Martin, Bobby Rainey, Charles Simms. Number four with Eli Manning, he inherited Amari tomor I Healier, Jeremy Shocky, Tiki Barber. Number three Joe Burrow, he inherited aj Green, T Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Drew, samplet tight end, Joe Mixon, Jill Bonnie Bernard. Number two with Matthew Stafford, he inherited Mega Tron, Calvin Johnson, Brian Johnson, Dinnis, Don cut Derrick Williams tight end with Brandon Pettigrew. Running backs was Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris, and number one is Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Roma Doomzay Cole Comet, Gerald Everett, DeAndre Swill and Khalil Herbert, You like that. You think you think DJ is in the best situation DJ, I mean, excuse me, Caleb Williams, Oh yeah, most.
Speaker 1: Definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 5: It all comes down to if you think about it, if you look at all you look at the receiving corps, in the running backs, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, look at the players that they had. Caleb Williams is in a great situation. And I said it now, I will continue to say it over and over and over. A quarterback is only as good as a supporting cast, and the supporting cast that Kayleb william has coming into this season is phenomenal. DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, hold On, Miss I forgot huh Rome Roman doomsay, Oh yeah, Roma. I didn't want to say it wrong. I hate disrespecting people name like that.
Speaker 1: Rome. Let me just say Rome, Hey, listen they sent they said. Now.
Speaker 5: I wish what I wish could have happened is I wish the Bears would have had this situation for other quarterbacks in the past and always had them set up this way to where there wouldn't be any issues. If they always had a supporting cast around them. I know, obviously with timing is a little difficult to always have to a superstar cast like this, but this.
Speaker 1: One right here, there are no excuses.
Speaker 3: Zero zero. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Caleb Williams, DJ Morrise spoke about the transition from Fields to Williams. Morris said, business is business. I've seen it coming. So at the end of the day, he was the quarterback last year. Now we got Caleb, we're gonna ride. We're gonna ride through a hel and back with him. So I'm just looking forward to seeing what he put out there. It's cold business. Hey, oh Joe, it's hard, but it's there. Oh yeah, saying but it's true. Yeah, always he's on the team.
Speaker 3: He's saying. I saw it coming.
Speaker 2: People get upset to me when I said, oh, if I'm the best, I'm trading him.
Speaker 3: I'm not. You're not gonna pass up two number.
Speaker 2: One overall quarterbacks back to back years, because how you get in that position. If your quarterback was what you thought he was, you're not gonna be in that position in.
Speaker 3: Back in back years.
Speaker 2: So I say they're gonna move on, They're gonna take this care because of everything what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I said, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be, but the reports are he's a generational quarterback.
Speaker 3: They're not passing him up. They're not.
Speaker 2: And I understand you build relationships, but you do at the end of the day, you know, hey, they can still be friends.
Speaker 3: We're just not gonna be teammates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the business it is.
Speaker 3: Understand it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you better understand it. You better be able to separate the two.
Speaker 1: That's in the.
Speaker 5: NFL, the NBA, no matter what you play. Hell, even in the corporate goddamn world, they're politics, politics and all that we do. It sucks, but it's what it is.
Speaker 3: It is. You just.
Speaker 2: Deal with it. I wish Justin feels the best. I still think that he has the ability to be really good in this league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely being in the right situation. Being in the right situation and having that situation the people that are the owners and the coaches, having them believe in you and believe you the right one for the job. It makes things a lot more easier, makes everything much easier. Now, that's the hard part, finding the situation that fits you and having the people in that situation believe in you, invest in you, and then build around you.
Speaker 1: That's the goddamn hard part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The Jets once again have a scheduled jam packed with primetime contest, six of them in their first eleven weeks, and Aaron Rodgers says he knows why we're a must watch TV.
Speaker 3: That's pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows that, whether you love me or you hate me, people want to see me play.
Speaker 5: That's true. Those are facts. Hell, last year when he was there, they wanted to see him play too. It's Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: He's must see TV, whether you like him or not, whether he likes them.
Speaker 5: Of the things that he says on podcasts where he likes him, the things he says about COVID and and all the other you know outland, the stuff that he said, I mean, listen, some people has gotten to a point where it's almost like with Floyd, people were tuning in to see Floyd lose. It got to that point, so now people are tuning in. Whether you like Aaron or not, they're tuning in to see.
Speaker 3: I want to hear them.
Speaker 2: Same politicians that told Lebron and told all their mother black players and That's all I want to do. I want them to tell I want them to tell Aaron Rodgers and the kid that uh uh in in in Kansas City. I want him to tell him to show him play football, stay out of politics.
Speaker 3: Oh my bad. Let's let let's not even go there, Joe, we ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 1: We know you ain't gonna tell him that. Now you know better than that.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, but what do you?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 5: What are you talking? What are you talking about this? He's right, he's right about that.
Speaker 1: Though. He's right, he's right, he's definitely right. He's definitely right. Every everybody him.
Speaker 2: Man, I must have had some pork chops today. I'm reading like a mug. But see that? What that skin looks so good? I got all the skined. Don't skin look like that because you know that on good black don't crack.
Speaker 5: You don't look greasy on my end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was greasy boy? The thing here? How you could tell see that that's oil? What's that? What's that?
Speaker 1: What's what's they.
Speaker 3: Take the oil out of your skin? Oh?
Speaker 1: I need to give me something that where you getting from wal Greens?
Speaker 2: Uh so for or what's the other place alto? Yeah, you know how you going all to? You might catch you a straggler.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I don't wait astrac what that means?
Speaker 3: They chat? What it is?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh oh yeah, hey man, you know no, I don't know nothing about that, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, own that. Yeah. I keep that between me and this old solo cup. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all you and the you in the chat, you in the chat that's on y'all man, Hey, shot before before going to next, shout out to the dog Rico man Rico Middlebrooks out there in Cincinnati. Boy, happy birthday. Uh, well you about what about forty eight nine? You're about forty eight still a version? That's my homeboy, He's still a version. You know, I've known them about twenty plus years.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your evening, Enjoy your night.
Speaker 5: At some point, at some point you gotta get laid, homie, At some point you gotta get laid. And uh it is what it is. Hey, b Hey, where I could get one of them hats at?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Hey, why you ain't send me one?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, I ain't know you wanted one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a part of nightcap.
Speaker 5: So I think you should have if you're gonna if you're gonna show merchandise or merch especially hats, T shirts and hoodies, why not send them to you to your counterpart?
Speaker 1: We a team like Starsky and Hutch.
Speaker 6: Oh one like this, may I ain't water one like a little joke man, see.
Speaker 1: Your white one. Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, don't do me, Hey, don't do me like that, hustle man.
Speaker 2: Hey take this out? Hey, what y'all think I should do? Should I said, oh, Joe one? Or should I like have a like a little drawing and have y'all?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, don't have no drawing because i'mn'na web mine. I'm gonna wear mine in public. Chatta how you gonna wear the public?
Speaker 3: I got it right here. I'll tell you what I know. You don't wanna send it to me?
Speaker 5: Okay, paper rock centers, real quick, paper rock rock paper citters for the.
Speaker 2: Hat, O Joe, you get, you get the big hat, you get the fun code, and you.
Speaker 5: Get my synopsis. Yeah if webb for the Webby, Oh no, you ain't getting that Webby. That ain't that ain't happening. That ain't happening. Matter of fact, hold on, hey he can today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huh, night cap mug.
Speaker 5: Oh I need my mother, Hey, you got you got.
Speaker 1: Everything, Kennedy, I know my d I know my baby. Hear me. Man, hold on, man, let me see my kids doing.
Speaker 2: Hold on because I'm home by myself. Huh, okay, baby, chat. What y'all think I should do? Send oh yo one? Or I should I could autograph it and then something lucky person can win it.
Speaker 3: What y'all? Thank you? I think, man? Look at that look real nice?
Speaker 2: H yeah, guys all the the the nightcap merch is pinned in the chat, so you should be able to just click on it and it'll take you right to it.
Speaker 3: So lit'sten to be pole ash.
Speaker 2: Do I send oh cho one or do I autographic for a chance to have one of our loyal lucky fans winning alone with a coffee mug? So I l Joe even swap. Ain't no swindle.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's one thing about it, Broy. I ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't never won no Lombardi Trophy, and I ain't won much in life.
Speaker 1: But I want this guy, damn Webby, and it ain't leaving here. I ain't leaving this house.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Unfortunately Oho the chat said they think I should yours, I should sign autographic and send it them. So I'm gonna put Shannon sharp h jol eleven and I'm some lucky person's gonna win one our lord followers gonna win it.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, I don't. I don't you know. That's fine. I'm gonna I'm gonna hold this webby to my.
Speaker 3: I need you to sign this, so I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 5: To sign hey that that ain't happening that hey, I mean I need I need a funk Co because I got I listen, I got to have something.
Speaker 1: To show my kids now I gotta have.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, I need you to sign this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a silver sharpie so you can sign this, and uh, some lucky person who's gonna win a nightcap, big hat, oh Cho's funk Co and a coffee mug.
Speaker 1: That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna work.
Speaker 5: We got to come We got to come to to a happy medium. We got to come to some type of having met, some type of common ground. Because you have all the good stuff, like I don't. I don't get nothing. Yeah, I had had this. I had to take this. I had to take it because I'm not gonna wait on nobody to mail me nothing.
Speaker 3: I ain't. I ain't even got it.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I ain't even got it.
Speaker 1: I know because if I let you get it, then I wouldn't have it.
Speaker 3: Then, Hey, I ain't got nothing. Hold on, I.
Speaker 1: Got I gotta work on my acceptance speech. I gotta.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: First off, I like to give an honor and thanks to God for making this possible.
Speaker 1: Without him, this wouldn't be I wouldn't be able to be done.
Speaker 5: I like to thank Uncle for the opportunity, his team, my team, and it's only up from here.
Speaker 1: I fucking love y'all.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ye. I gotta. I gotta work on that. I gotta, I gotta. I gotta rewrite, re write a little bit more. But that's it. I need that hat though.
Speaker 5: Hey, I need I need, I need my fun, Hey, I need every goddamn thing.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, man, you beat.
Speaker 5: Do that for your boy, man, do that for your boy, Send me your hat, send me, send me my funk code, Let me get my Synoptics award.
Speaker 3: You know what, O Joe think? I think? Oh? What's that? That's my Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: Bus Hey, I'm gonna get me one maid too.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get one of the maid but I'm gonna I'm gonna do Hey, listen, I'm gonna make me I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Get me a bus made what what what's that like?
Speaker 3: Bron this no? No, no this this made a wood award.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get one made a fourteen carryover. That's what I'm for Christmas.
Speaker 3: So oh Joe, So, I mean he needs something on his head. So unfortunate. I'm not gonna be able to sing you yours?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Where you got them?
Speaker 1: Where you got them? Big hats like that? From? Huh?
Speaker 2: Somebody said, I was I look up. They say they didn't have your address. I say, send it to me. I'll make sure you get it.
Speaker 1: Everybody got my address. My addresses is public knowledge.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, so they told me they didn't have your dress. So it's that. Who is they?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 3: The people that make these hats.
Speaker 5: All they gotta do is going to yellow Pages my address still there.
Speaker 3: Don't nobody got no phone books?
Speaker 5: No more Yellow Pages is on the phone. Yellow Pages on the phone. Any anybody that got the phone, you could you're typing somebody number and you can get their address.
Speaker 3: People like, who is this?
Speaker 1: That's me? That ain't you?
Speaker 3: That's my Hall of Fame bus, see the part.
Speaker 1: That ain't you?
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what, that's what I want for Christmas? What that's what I want for Christmas? I want a bus, but fourteen carry gold and please, that's what the Let me, let me, let me. I'm I'm looking, I'm I'm screaming for the kids. Man, they sleep really real, real, real out having a good time, yeah, and enjoying Memorial weekend.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I should have We should have We should have went the Vegas Ojo.
Speaker 1: Nah, no, no, no, don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like I don't like being out past nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Should have went the Vegas Ojo.
Speaker 5: And done what I don't club, I don't. I don't go out. What we're gonna do?
Speaker 3: Pool party?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I ain't getting my hair wet.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Hey, you know I would put them the ball, the ball. There was Sachi trunks I got. Yeah, I just put that baby baby, that's all off it, Okay.
Speaker 1: I can't do.
Speaker 3: What you do is that you put.
Speaker 2: A little baby all on you, and then you are put the water on you, so you have to beat up, and then you put another lay on you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll bet that thing shining like black diamonds.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just I can't. I can't do no pool stuff, man, I just.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't been to the pool. I'm trying to think. I don't think I've been to it. Have I ever been to a pool party?
Speaker 5: A pool party? I got a pool and don't even go in that.
Speaker 3: I got a pool and I ain't stept one foot in it.
Speaker 5: Okay, then we're just saying them kids, them kids being a pool.
Speaker 1: I I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: Getting I'm not getting no water until I get my opportunity to swim with killer whales.
Speaker 1: In a while.
Speaker 5: Now that then then I'm getting in. Now I can I can swim like a fish. I can swim like a fish growing up, being at the pool Charles Halley Park every summer, swimming lessons, diving lessons, doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just now I have no urge to get in the water. You know, you know, blue diamond, black diamond, you know. Uh De Hop says that Titans have one of the best wide receivers groups.
Speaker 1: Right on.
Speaker 2: He said the Titan front office has done a tremendous job. Added Weabery's for the second year. Will Levis Tennessee signed Tony Pollard to replace Deck Henry Stole. Wide receiver Calvin Ridley from away from rival Jacks four years ninety two million signed for Bingals top slot Tyler Boy, Tyler Boy, yep de Hopkins, who's bullish on the new group. I think we've done have one of the best wide receiver groups. I think we have a chance with a chance to play with on pay for. Obviously it comes up here to say a bunch, but we haven't played played the game yet, so we'll see how it goes once we hit the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, I love it. You love it.
Speaker 3: We talk about hawk Ohn.
Speaker 5: D hot Man, one of the best receivers they ever played this game really at one at one point and even still yeah, most definitely man, young boy, don't drop nothing, black nothing, niggah.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, My bad, my bad. I forgot where I was at.
Speaker 3: My bad.
Speaker 5: I can see I got real excited. We talked about receive it now and d hop one of the one of the best ever played a game.
Speaker 3: You canna hit that Paul Pierce on them? Huh, I said, you hit that Paul.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sorry by that. My bad, My bad, my bad bad.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, some of the best hands ever outside Chris Carl and Larry from Gerald. I think d Hop might be right there in that rialm of some of some of the best ever. Calvin Ridley boy extraordinary, a rote wunner, extraordinary man.
Speaker 3: But Alabama receivers can run.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Look at look at Judy. Look at Mark Cooper. Mark, he wasnit it down.
Speaker 1: He could run him, he could run. He can run some routes.
Speaker 5: But listen, I said again, this is why I've always been saying that Will Levis will have a good season, because I'm I tell you, a quarterback as only good as the supporting cast.
Speaker 3: And look at this ready to.
Speaker 5: Distribute with Hey, they're gonna be naw. Now, I like Tony Pollard, but I think they need another change of pace back, a big boy.
Speaker 3: They need to.
Speaker 2: He's more of a he's more of a third down. Dallas found out the hard way. They thought it was just him. No Zeke had them beat, solving the defense up. So Wally could hit those creases. Yes, you saw that when you try to run him. He's not that's not what he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like Paula though, I like Parlor Man.
Speaker 5: He nice, he nice.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna show it? Okay, we're gonna show this.
Speaker 2: Alizza Thomas got ejected for slamming Angel reached to the ground on a rebound.
Speaker 5: Look at this, Oh oh hey hey, hey, oh no, there we go. You can't you can't do my dog like they can't do. You can't do the buy you barbie like that?
Speaker 3: Man? Why why?
Speaker 1: Why did why did she do that? What it?
Speaker 3: What it?
Speaker 1: What happened before this in the game that we didn't see for her the one to do that?
Speaker 3: What you I don't know? I mean, I mean she probably like trying to.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't realize that Angel had already left her feet, and you know, you're trying to, you know, you're trying to, you know, make sure she don't get in and grab the rebound. And she's up a little high, so she sees she's around the neck. So I'm not surprised that she got ejected.
Speaker 5: Man, you don't even help her up. You didn't show any type of any type of remorse, you know so that. I don't want to say it was done on purpose.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say that because it's I think something happened prior to that.
Speaker 1: You know, throughout the game, something had to happen.
Speaker 2: This is what angel Ree said after the game. They don't give a damn if I'm a rookie. They're not supposed to be nice to me. Thank you at for sending a message to me, because I got back up and kept going, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: You better understand where angel Ree's from. She ain't got no problem with that. Oh that's that's how we're doing. Oh that's what we're doing. Oh you on that, okay bet? That's all that meant. You got to be able to read between the lines. Media ain't gonna understand what she just said.
Speaker 1: I do what she just said. Oh that's what we on. Okay bet.
Speaker 5: And she's Chicago too, What so angel I want to man? She oh block Nah, she's sixty third.
Speaker 3: She one of them. She one of them.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to see see some scores right quick. I'm going to the game. I'm ready to go to the game. I'm going to shock a Chicago game. I'm going to a Las Vegas Aces game.
Speaker 3: They end up winning the game they want they won the game.
Speaker 2: No, the son, the Connecticut Sons won eighties, eighty eighty six, eighty two. They won, they do, but they she got up great things. She's okay, she played through it. She's very tough. Devin Haines's father says Ryan Garcia should be banned from the sport. Bill Hayney, who observed as his sons Devin's coach, wants Ryan Garcia out of the sport of boxing forever. He told TMD Sports he believed the starfighter blunt the drug test should lead to a lifetime band. Garcia's b sample came back positive for ustering, a banned substance. After this, a sample peace the tested positive for the same ped weeks prior.
Speaker 3: What you think, O, Joe, what's the punishment?
Speaker 5: And this?
Speaker 1: God, this is a tough one. Huh, this is a tough one. This is a tough one.
Speaker 5: I watched the fight. Everybody else in the world watched the fight. I think if you take away you're not supposed to cheat anything that you do. Let me start there.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to cheat in anything that you do.
Speaker 5: It's frowned upon, especially in boxing, in any sport for that matter, but even more in boxing. It gives you a competitive advantage.
Speaker 1: It gives you a competitive edge.
Speaker 5: Yes, fight that I saw, and I mean this with all respect because I love Devin, I love love Bill, I love all fighters. Have shown nothing but tremendous amount of respect to any and everybody in combat sports. The fight that I saw, whether Ryan had took something or not, Ryan wins that fight that night, we.
Speaker 3: Don't know that. How can we say that he got in the system. I mean, it's like a track.
Speaker 1: The fight that I saw that night.
Speaker 5: From a skilled perspective in that ring, the quickness, the beliez is that hit him at will when he wanted to.
Speaker 2: So can I ask you a question, Yes, sir, do you believe lancetomstrong windows seven toward De Francis without that in the system?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh probably probably not.
Speaker 3: Maybe how can you say you got in the system?
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this? So if why not say we want a band rang our seat? Why not?
Speaker 5: I say, let's have a rematch in Let's let's do it, Let's do it clean, Let's do it clean.
Speaker 1: Let's do it clean.
Speaker 5: If you, if you, if you truly believe that he was dirty, and that being dirty was the reason why Devin lost. How about say, you know what, let's rematch and make sure you clean, and let's and let's see what happened.
Speaker 2: Why why has that not been said? Oh Joe, But here's the thing, he didn't make one forty to begin with. So what are we going to have to rematch at? He couldn't He didn't make one forty. Devin fights at one forty. Now do you want to go up to one forty seven?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But now you start getting inch cour you start getting a bud territory.
Speaker 1: Is that what you want?
Speaker 3: No, he don't want that, So I'm saying I agree.
Speaker 2: I've surprised. I don't know why Devin Haney didn't have it in his contract. Did he automatically get a rematch? You saw what if you're had in this contract. Most champions automatically put a rematch clause in the contract, just in case they don't expect to lose, but just in case. I don't want you trying to make me wait a year or two before I get a rematch. So so it's automatic. It's normally a clause in all contracts. So why Devin Haney, Bill Haney's Devin's father or his promoter, his manager, whoever handles this, why they didn't put that in his contract? Well, that's normally standard. Yeah, I don't know, but I agree with what you're saying. I'm not saying that he doesn't. He should say, well, let's do a rematch and demand that he makes one party. Yeah, and if he doesn't make one, what I would do that?
Speaker 3: That's what I do. I think.
Speaker 5: I don't know the history of boxing as far as it comes to cases like this of the arsterin or steroids or any performing enhancing drugs that have been taken. Has any anybody else just been banned from the sward of boxing because of that?
Speaker 3: I don't know about saying, but probably suspended.
Speaker 1: I don't know people have had suspensions.
Speaker 5: But listen, I think Devon should get have the the the one or the loss exponge, and I think they should do a rematch, and and it's fair.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I think.
Speaker 5: But again, based on what I saw that night, it's tough.
Speaker 2: But here's here's why I pushed back. People say well, he didn't have enough in his system.
Speaker 3: How do you know.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you took something when you knew it wasn't gonna give you no advantage. So who takes an aspirin saying, like, you know what, it ain't gonna do it. It's not gonna help me anyway. So I'm gonna take it, but I know it's not gonna help me.
Speaker 3: Who does that? Who takes who takes lack tape?
Speaker 2: Who takes medicine saying I'm going to take it, but I know it's not gonna help me in any shape or form, But I'm gonna take it anyway. He put that in the system. How it got there, we don't know it. Could it have been cross contamination, Sure it could have been.
Speaker 3: We don't know. But I'm saying for it to be in this system, we can't say each person is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that that that's that's tough, bro.
Speaker 3: But I'm not just saying I don't.
Speaker 2: But like im saying at one forty, let's just say, for the sake of argument, we get a rematch Ojoe and the way there's one forty. I don't believe Devin Haynes wants to go to one forty seven. He go, He says, one forty. What do you think the likelihood that he's gonna be able to make Garcia's gonna be able to make one forty.
Speaker 5: If he took it serious and stop bullshit. He can make it if you took it serious. If he took it, he took it serious, and stop bullshing. He'll make it if you can. If you can get the one forty three, you can lose anhing three pounds.
Speaker 2: But the but you know, a I don't know if you ever lost weight. Oh yeah, them letting them last three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 3: I think pulling your guts, I know it.
Speaker 5: But when I think about it, when I think about some of the boxers, if if people actually understood and knew what they.
Speaker 1: Walk around at, That's what I'm saying, fright, I think they should be able to I mean they should be able to do it.
Speaker 2: But see, here's the thing you think about. Ryan Garcia is probably walking around at one. He probably walking around one seventy one fifty five seventy. Remember you and I talked about it. The reason why Floyd and this is not the only reason, but Floyd is not a naturally big man. So making one forty seven for Floyd was nothing because he walked around it one fifty Yeah. Yeah, he walking around one fifty one fifty five tops. So he goes to camp for eight weeks, cleans up his eyes. So now all of a sudden, he don't probably don't eat any deserts or anything like that. He't gonna make that weight with no problem. Even when he fought it one fifty four. He's coming in like one fifty three fifty two. So he's not a naturally big man. These guys coming dropping down to one forty seven, they probably walk around one sixty five one seventy. Hey, and when like the first team might be easy, Oh Joe, that is that last and then you get down that last five, that last too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy, it's crazy. I just I mean, it's it's messed up, though, man, it's messed up. I understand where Bill is coming from. I understand where Devin is coming from.
Speaker 1: And it's it's it's a it's it's it's bad for the sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you want to.
Speaker 5: Devon did it the right way. He went through camp the right way, he trained the right way, and I mean, the cheating is is bad.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, it's bad. But just the fight I saw, unc man, it's just yeah, yeah, it's it's tough, man, it's tough. I know.
Speaker 5: It's nothing wrong with my eyes, right, you know. But I would ask for a rematch. I would ask for a rematch at one forty or whatever it may be. Yeah, sure he's clean. And if Ryan agrees and have testing throughout the camp leading up to the fight to make sure he's clean.
Speaker 3: A you see, what what do you call him?
Speaker 2: Because Floyd was suspected that that Pacquiao might have been stuff.
Speaker 3: What did they do mandatory blood tests throughout the fight?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And so my thing, I agree with you, Ojo.
Speaker 2: I don't think Ryan Garcia should be banned because I don't think there's a history, there is a pattern of behavior that would warrant such a harsh punishment. Now, if this was his third time, oh yeah, he got to go. But this is a one time this is a one time thing. I don't think you, Like I said, I don't know. I haven't read or seen anything. I haven't seen anything that says that Ryan Garcia has flunked had multiple allegations of performance enhancing drugs in his system. This is the first time that I've that I've that I've read or seen anything. So I don't think a one time is a lifetime band, right, But you're absolutely right. Obviously this is gonna probably be in a no contest and if ran you know, Ryan takes it serious and gets down all the you know, the antics and the stuff I get trying to sell a fight.
Speaker 3: But he won't.
Speaker 1: He won't need to.
Speaker 5: You won't need to do all this, you won't need to do all that again if if a rematches is given, he won't need to make any jokes, no antics, because everybody's gonna be tuned in again, everybody tuned in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, he's a good fighter, and we won't we won't good fights we want to see, you know. I think that's why people love the UFC, because Dania don't let anybody duck anybody. The best fighters are gonna fight each other. And you know, ay, in a situation like that, it's hard. You're not gonna say what you know, we had a conversation and what John Jones has been able to do.
Speaker 3: But it's tough. It's tough. But like I said, I think.
Speaker 2: Because Ryan, it's such a big guy, walks around natural. Yes, sir, he's probably walk around one seventy maybe one seventy five O Joe to cut forty pounds, yeah.
Speaker 3: In eight weeks, ten weeks, but that's a lot of weight. Normally people take take you will cut that much weight take six months a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's what they do though, you know, it's what they signed up for, so they're used to it, especially when you've been doing it for so long, so they have a great understanding of the method behind the manness on how to lose it throughout the camp.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. As you get older, it gets harder, harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: He got the old man weight on it. You know what I'm saying. You start getting old and older, it gets harder and harder. But guess what, you start getting up heavier and heavier. So now he normally would walk around and stay with them striking this because he walks around in one seventy. Now all of a sudden it goes to one seven, and all of a sudden it goes to one eighty. Right, So now instead of having to take down twenty five you gotta take down thirty.
Speaker 3: Five, right, I have with you.
Speaker 5: And now, when we were talking about the steroids stuff, and I think about the performance that that theave Devin Haney had, I think about the performance of Ran Garcia the night of the fight, and we say, well, or there's a chance that maybe if Ryan Garcia wasn't on what he was on, Devin Haney would have won the fight, or he might have had a better chance to win the fight. So I also had this question if if I'm gonna take baseball, for instance, does Mark Maguire, the Sammy Sosa through Barry Bonds and those individuals that have said they've taken something, if you if you take away steroids that they might have taken, does that mean they don't hit home runs anymore?
Speaker 1: Does that mean there not is.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how to see it or how to put it into words, but I'm saying, does that change the dynamic of who they are as home run hitters and sluggers?
Speaker 3: But proud of that steroids were illegal in baseball?
Speaker 5: Okay, I understand, but I'm trying. I'm trying to go with a performance of performance.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, but see it's different. Oh, shoe because it's hand note coordination, right, and it doesn't help that. And you look, see you look at those guys, and you look at Bonds. Bonds won three MVPs and he was won eighty five. He won four or five Silver slug Awards. And he said, he, I mean they looking around it like, well, hey, oh, y'all love it this hard y'all loving some average guys hitting the ball out of the park winning MVPs.
Speaker 3: Is that what you love?
Speaker 2: You love average guys doing that? Okay, let me show you. Let me show now, all of a sudden he become ruthian. Now he said he didn't take it. He never tested positive. His guy, the guy that they tried to pitch Anderson, he went set that thing down on club man. Say, I ain't reck diving my guy. He said, if y'all got some moaning, y'all got some moning. Look, people didn't like Bonds. They didn't and you know, I know people that's been around him say he can be a jerk. But there's a difference if we like you as opposed if we don't. Because MARVIAGRAI didn't get the crime to curticizing that. Barry Bonds got no hell ma, the man coaching, the man was a hitting coach.
Speaker 3: They ain't let Barry bones that Bury barely let Barry back in the damn stadium.
Speaker 1: I just said, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing, O, Joe. In combat sports, you could kill somebody. Yeah, people have actually been killed in the boxing rings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't know a whole it's a whole different ball game. Betting a baseball with somewhat in life.
Speaker 5: Was Yeah, i't, I wasn't. I was comparing the performance enhancing part of it. Does it mean, well, if you take, if you take it away, does that change the fact that these individuals.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't hit home runs?
Speaker 5: Or if you take, if you take if Ryan, if Ryan doesn't take arsting or whatever it is, does that mean he doesn't win the fight? I mean, is it really give you that much of an advantage? That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you got to think about it.
Speaker 2: In the one hundred to plus your history, I think the Cincinnati Redstocks were the first. They started playing baseball in like the eighteen seventies, late eighteen seventies, prior to what they did in nineteen ninety eight. There have been two guys in the history of the game hit sixty home runs two right, Babe Ruth has sixty. Roger Marris hit sixty one. I think Sammy Sosa now has three or four sixty home run seasons. Bonds has a seventy three. Mark McGuire has a seventy. Sammy Sosa has how many seventy sixty home run seasons? He has at least three, maybe four. When you had in one hundred and twenty year history, one hundred and twenty year history, he only had two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, if you think about it, look at look at football. Ain't no records being brought.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If somebody all of a sudden jump out there, rush for twenty five hundred yards, on't you? I I need to talk to somebody all of a sudden the receiver goal for twenty two hundred yards. Ont Jo, You ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Ask no questions twenty two hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see, you see, you see what you did? Twenty two hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah listen, wait, listen. With the added on games, it's all possible, so that you know it's funny. Yeah, they tested me and I ain't take nothing. I mean, well, I did take stuff then, you know, it was kind of an enhancer for me when I played.
Speaker 1: You heard it g d M. Yeah what is GDM?
Speaker 3: Ohy, hold on, you're not talking about you ain't taking? Oh I think you.
Speaker 5: I would know I would take. No, I was taking GDM. Nore no bullshit. I just I just they couldn't. They couldn't. They couldn't test it because the g d M, I was, what I was taking, was ahead of the It was ahead of the testing curve. Mm hmmm, yeah, you know GDM stand for.
Speaker 3: HM. What a stand for Joe?
Speaker 1: God damn McDonald's.
Speaker 3: That hadn't heard of no curve? Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Sammy Sosa not only took Royd. The man had a cork back. Who a cork man? I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: What's the cork back?
Speaker 2: It's bat was cork Okay, yeah, that mean okay, more pop over the fence.
Speaker 3: When the thing was but oh, your hair's the thing.
Speaker 2: Baseball needed something to get the fans back into the stadium because remember they struck and they shut it down and the fans weren't coming back. They started coming back and droves when that home run Chase it was Maguire and Sosa. Yeah, and a lot of people was doing that because they weren't testing, and then they got holder than Dow and they didn't have no problem with it until Barry got the record.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I can play for the mall is right now, right now, I think about it. Look at a technique.
Speaker 5: You can't You can't see my whole body, but you can see how you see. I know what I'm doing though, what you think?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You are you scared of that ball? You?
Speaker 5: Oh listen, I hit. I hit ninety hundred miles ninety hundred mile an hour ball with ease. Man, I got hand eye coordination.
Speaker 3: If I tell you what, you ain't gonna you want to put your bat on one hundred miles hour ball?
Speaker 5: Oh you want bet nothing? I go record it tomorrow. I go to the bat and ks tomorrow and show you you's do bad. Let's bet bet okay bat you you want to put one ball in play? You might stick your bad out there. It goes no, no, no, no, no, no no no no no. You better do your homework. Now, do your homework. Now, I can play some baseball. Don't know that you ain't up playing? No, baseball. O, you, I played baseball in college that had I almost got drafted.
Speaker 3: Yeah to the military.
Speaker 5: No to that.
Speaker 2: They were looking for a few good meat. That the only draft You're gonna be a part of bad Please, I mean, oh, Joe. The thing is is that what you have to understand that was a good baseball. Baseball is a sport like you could play. Guys can play like how you heard guys well like Elijah want didn't take to play basketball, but like his eleventh and twelfth grade year, maybe his twelfth grade year, and guys played football, play one year of football.
Speaker 3: Baseball.
Speaker 2: You better come up at five years old seeing the balls you ain't fitted. That ain't no sport that you just pick up at fifteen sixteen and say, yeah, I gonna be a properate Hell now, can I tell you something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I respect every sport and it kind of makes me said sometime where you don't believe how good I am at certain sports, I believe you good.
Speaker 1: In high school.
Speaker 5: In high school, at Miami b Senior High, I played baseball. I was I was considered almost going into the first round, but I chose to play football instead. I was a five tooler.
Speaker 1: No, I was I was a five touler in high school. That's how good I was.
Speaker 3: What is one? Are the five tools? Dude?
Speaker 1: What you mean?
Speaker 3: What are the five tools?
Speaker 1: I was a slugger.
Speaker 5: Outfeel you couldn't get Uh.
Speaker 1: I would like ship.
Speaker 5: I used to pitch too, I would like say o old Tony. In high school, I did everything.
Speaker 3: In other words, you can hit for power, hit for average.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I did everything. I was getstruck man, listen everything. I was a five touler.
Speaker 5: Ain't no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I promise you I was. I was finna get drafted the Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Orioles, Oh Joe, like I'm saying there, I mean, think about it, Think about how hard it is. There had not been a whole lot of guys. That's why why you think people give Prime the Bowl so much credit.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, hard to do that. Kyler Murray.
Speaker 2: Kyler Murray was the number one over we're all picking football. He was the number eight picking baseball.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh. Brian Jordan, I don't know if you remember Brian Jeordan. He played safety.
Speaker 1: He ended up.
Speaker 2: He was a safety for the fact of a pro bowler. He gave it up and turned and he played played probably fifteen years for the Cardinals. Well, I don't know if all the years, but a lot of the years. Bru That baseball is a different animal. Think about Ojo, think about this year you hit three hundred. Yeah, you're gonna be a Hall of Famer. Where else can you? Where else can you fail three out of ten? You can be successful three out of ten times. Imagine if you caught three out of ten balls that were thrown to you, or you made three out of ten shots, you'll.
Speaker 1: Be at home on the couch.
Speaker 3: So that lets you know just how hard baseball. Man, Hey, I was. I ain't a lot of people. I was scared of the ball. So that was that was and plus base all with summer. It wasn't that.
Speaker 2: We ain't have no traveler. I had to work. Man Porter said you can hit them fields. He ain't no baseball hit them fields when I'm cool with that. Plus, Oh, Joe, you think you go from football to basketball, basketball to track? You had another month of school. As soon as we got out of school, we're in the fields.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, I had no time for no baseball. No damn baseball, baseball and track over lap.
Speaker 5: Yeah damn, I would I wish you could have saw me. Well, I'm telling you, hey, I wish you could have saw me pitch boy back then by pitch what?
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard you hold on trying and trying to get me a counter technique. You see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see that.
Speaker 1: Hey, well I used to get them held in high school.
Speaker 3: The five tools you had.
Speaker 1: Let me let me tell you. Let me see how good? Let me let me how good?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you the five tools you.
Speaker 5: Had in the outfield? I was the only person in the outfield. Mm hmm you have I was Yeah, edge of a weed eater, a ra, a rake, tho, a bloor.
Speaker 2: Those are for the tools that you had, even five tool, a law more, an edger, a bloor, a weed eater, and whatever else you wanted, because those the only tool that you had broke.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, man, you got you. You know, until you see it, you would never believe it. Some people say I didn't know Oce could play soccer until they saw it.
Speaker 2: Then they see me, Oo, you kicking a soccer ball and actually being a soccer player.
Speaker 3: They're entirely two different things.
Speaker 1: Hey, do me a favor, Do me a favorite? Are you going to the TST tournament. You're not going.
Speaker 5: So when you when you see the highlights from the tournament and you be like, oh ship this month, fucker really know how to play?
Speaker 1: Make sure you give my credit.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: There are guys that can go shoot a basketball and they think they can be in the NBA. There are guys that think they can catch a football. They should be in the NFL. There's levels to that, Old Joe Man, don't do that. Don't do them people like that, O Joe, don't do what I've been doing this to respect them people sport.
Speaker 3: You can't play, so I can't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: See, I don't like when you do me like that. I don't like because you hold on so I can't play tennesse either.
Speaker 3: Hung you see, No you can't.
Speaker 2: No, you not returning once just because you can't do it, don't mean you can't return.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, there are clips of me doing everything you saying I can't do, which makes no sense.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. You not returning one professional tennis player.
Speaker 5: Third, you said respect their sports, so I wouldn't be playing on a professional level, Then what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: It's about just playing the game.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, well I could do that. I got that you I could do all that. Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: No you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't, Yes, you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, I can go play. I can go play right now. I can go right now and make the Miami the Miami Open, Miami Open, what the Miami Open and tennis.
Speaker 1: Yes, right now, at fifty six, I can go play.
Speaker 5: For matter of fact, I can go play for Napoli in Naples, Italy right now, coming off the bench.
Speaker 3: No, you never see no action. Yeah ojo.
Speaker 2: Oh it's bad about Oh yeah, because you said you're gonna be able to put play professionally.
Speaker 3: Talk about profess I.
Speaker 5: Didn't say professionally though, I was just talking about it. I'm really I'm really good at.
Speaker 3: The thing old people. There are a lot of old people down, old people.
Speaker 1: I play the younger folks to let them know how good I am despite my age.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, yeah, that's what I do. Man, Oh, Joe, you got the people believe it that man, Yeah, I believe Joe.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 5: If you if you see, you don't, you don't follow, you don't pay attention to.
Speaker 1: What I be doing. Man, It's what I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, Lord.
Speaker 2: Look, I was that I was at a celebrity tourist tournament with Andre Agacy and uh Pete Saffrance. Yeah, you not hit that ball, man, You trust me man that ball? Hey have you have you ever seen a professional tennis match?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen?
Speaker 1: You go to the Miami Open every year? I know what it looked like.
Speaker 5: Bro, Listen, do you know I'm my hitting partner. I'm Chris you Banks hitting partner. Like I said, you were honest Banks hitting partner. So the fact that I know what it looks like, I can return you.
Speaker 2: I mean you wouldn't. You wouldn't have been able. You wouldn't have been able to hit a return venus of Serena. Let alone to me.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm talking man. Listen, Man, So you you're disrestracted my skill?
Speaker 3: Man, No, no, no, no, you over evaluating your skill.
Speaker 5: I'm not of over your value because I trained and I practiced with the pros. That's what you fail to realize.
Speaker 3: Oko.
Speaker 2: Do you realize how many people that played sports that didn't cross over?
Speaker 3: Like you got two, you got three, you got both, you got d R, you got Jordan. You ain't never seen.
Speaker 2: Nobody play professional football and basketball. You've never seen nobody to play forho. I played professional soccer and and football.
Speaker 3: Hold all right, got this time for Q Hey, where you're.
Speaker 5: Going during the NFL lockout? I played for Sporting KC in the MLS. So what I'm a two sporter two?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go flight.
Speaker 3: Landy Ray said, so excited to get my merch.
Speaker 2: Got any spoilers for us for the merch that hasn't dropped, like quotes that will be on them. Also, I need some Shannon Oo stickers for my water bottle. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we got we got some quotes coming. You know, we we got a bunch of them. I mean, damn near every quote that you heard us utter on the show is gonna probably be It's gonna probably be on a T shirt at some point down We wanted to get chose, Uh stay with me now, but we're definitely gonna have Landy. We're definitely gonna have more quotes on T shirts. Uh, different designs. We're gonna come with different colors, hoodies. Because the thing is with Nightcap because the lettering and it's uh, it's kind of it's fairly simple. It's not as as as as complicated as the club the logo, so we can do so much more with with Nightcap. I mean, yeah, with Nightcap that we can club shape shape. But Landy, we're definitely gonna have some quotes and I can't wait. I don't know what's what's what? What was the next quote gonna be? Oh, we can't tell you yet. I actually we can't tell you yet, but best believe I'm too big of a cat to be played with like a kid.
Speaker 3: Gonna be on it.
Speaker 2: Old your head, probably milk done. We're probably uh, we're probably gonna have one with a monkey on it and have some uh, some nuts, so we have the monkey with you, gonna have the monkey with a pair of clippers in his hands and have the nuts, so you have to infer that it's shaved lucky nuts.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 3: I know you would like the more bull jive. You like bull jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, probably the next one I was held when I was well and I would lie for you before I lie to you.
Speaker 3: It's probably gonna be the next two for you.
Speaker 1: Before I lie to you. That's a is that one right there? That's that's from eighteen forty nine.
Speaker 2: Uh, Sean de bear lips. He said, who's the face of the Celtics Tatum of Brown? Do you think they get along? I think they get along great, I would probably say, I would probably say it's Jason Tatum. Yeah, but I do believe. I do believe they get along. I think they get along real. I think they do. I think they hang together off the court and stuff like that. No, but I do think they get along well.
Speaker 5: At one point, weren't they saying Jason Tatum was going to be the face of the league at one point?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, So if he's gonna be the face of the league, you gotta be the face of the team, right. It's kind of hard to be the face of a league where you're not the face of your team. Wouldn't you say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I think it's Tatum. But I do think they get along. Keimper know what Junior said. Oh my question is who's the Finals MVP other than Jason Tatum or Jaylen Brown. I mean, if they win, it's gonna be one of those. It's gonna be one of those guys. Would I be shocked if Jason Tatum want it? I mean, excuse me, Jaylen Brown wont it. No, I wouldn't, especially if he plays like he's been playing the first two rounds. Yeah, but obviously, if the Mavericks win, it's gonna probably be Luca, And if Minnesota wins at all, it'll probably be ad Man.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I mean occasionally you see situations corn Brad Maxwell won the finals MVP in eighty one over Ladd Bird with andre Ig Dollar, he won it over Steph kwi wanted early in his career with Tim duncan Tony Parker on the roster. So it doesn't happen often, but it's happened. What you doing trying to try to plug it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: From so I don't go dead?
Speaker 2: What's up into? What if the second most important? What's the second most important position in football?
Speaker 5: This second most important position in football?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh important?
Speaker 1: I wish they had said difficult. Damn.
Speaker 5: That's a good one, very good one. I mean, obviously the first is always a quarterback. The second most important position that matters the most.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's that's I don't know, but you better you that might you might be better suit to answer that one. No one else the ball, no one else has the ball in their hands consistently enough, But who who can affect the game? Who can affect the game more by the position that they play the tackles.
Speaker 3: I saw this earlier and everybody gave some great responses. You know. Some people said the.
Speaker 1: Wide receiver, some people said cornerback, somebody.
Speaker 2: All things being equal, I want to take probably say a left tackle. I'll probably say the tackle. Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I was I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure why I was thinking D tackle because they can affect the game so much on the defensive end of the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the thing is, here's the thing, Oh, Joe, I don't care how get my quarterback, but if you if you're getting hitt in his back, he throw He ain't throwing nothing. I can't get the ball to Chase, I can't get the ball to Tyreek. And yeah, I mean, if you said.
Speaker 3: Old line, D line.
Speaker 2: But it's got to be specific. It's got to be a DT or because I look, the center's important. But give me a left tackle over a center. Yeah, and I would take Now, if you're gonna take l t out of the equation, I ain't taking no defensive player over lt. But if you tell me I got to take any of any other defensive player, I would.
Speaker 1: Take Aaron Donald and man, yep, makes sense, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's close to it. Hell, it might vary from game to game. It might vary from game to game. Jacob Mouta said, Hell, uncle, know you're a big fan. I hardly hear y'all speak about y'all father, and I'm a daddy's boy, but I haven't. I haven't spoken to him in almost a year because X y Z. Can you guys talk about your fathers? And how should I go about my situation? Jacob, I only saw my father one time in my life to actually know who he was. Actually, I taught saw him twice. One time he knew who I was. The other time he had no idea because he was lying in the coffee. So I don't have a whole lot of experiences dealing with my father because you know once I once he and my mom divorced and they broke up and we came to live with my grandmother in nineteen my grandmother and my grandfather.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: He came.
Speaker 3: I think I was in the.
Speaker 2: He came in seventy three, I was in kindergarten. He came in seventy three, and then the next time I saw him was eighty one and he had passed. But I do think about my father. I think about I thought so much about my father and I respected him even though I didn't know him. I named my son after my son has his name, So I didn't have the relationship that I wish I could have had with my father. So he could have could have saw what my brother and I became, how we conducted ourselves as being.
Speaker 3: I know he would have been proud. But I have a I had.
Speaker 2: You know, my grandfather was in my life for nine years, almost nine years, and so I have a better recollection of my grandfather, not so much of my dad. But that's why I don't really speak about it, because I don't really have a whole lot to speak about.
Speaker 5: Well, my father wasn't wasn't around during during my time as a little kid. Obviously, my grandma raised me and my dad at that time did twenty three years. Twenty three years, fair time.
Speaker 1: I caught him on the back end, but not even the back end maybe, and yeah, the back end of.
Speaker 5: My career, he can he got he got out and obviously, you know, Grandma and my Mama like, oh no, you know, he wasn't here when he was young, and all that wanted trying to rekindle no relationship and all that. I was like, man, I ain't trying to hear all that, you know. I'm trying to understand, get a better understanding my father is. I know what it's like having to deal with deal with y'all. Also, ain't no telling what y'all did, you know, whatever, whatever it may be. So I grew grew to have a relationship with him. He ain't he want nothing, ain't want nothing. He wanted to pipe, and he wanted some tobacco for his pipe. And when he smoke my cigar and he'll go get his pipe. Man, we used to go down to South Beach and man eadid David Scott. I'll never forget because no, my my pops passed away. He passed away in twenty ten, if I'm not mistaken. Twenty yeah, twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: He passed away.
Speaker 5: So I tried to, you know, to you know, find some type of relationship that I had never had because I didn't have a father figure at the time. So when he got out and you know it was short lived because he got out, he wasn't he wasn't around very much, you know, very much longer after that.
Speaker 1: And so it's hard for me to really have an answer answer for you as well.
Speaker 5: But whatever you do kindled rekindled that flame anyway you can, because my mama's gone, my daddy gone, my grandma not here, and at times.
Speaker 1: I really wish, I really wish they were to hear you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, though your people know that I have a great recollection of things that have happened in my childhood, I don't recall much because, like I said, I only saw him once to know who I was looking at in my fifty six years of living, so I can't speak about something.
Speaker 3: I know he loved us.
Speaker 2: The time that he was gonna come home, he ended up having it got developed cancer, ended up having both of his jawbones removed, and uh, he was gonna come home, but he told he told Grandma Childy, which was his mother, our grandmother, that he didn't want to he didn't want his kids to see him like this. And I remember Grandma child he explained to us to let him tell my Pete. They called him Pete. Like Pete, them kids, they just want to see their dad. And so he had, he had gotten up the courage. He was gonna come home, and uh, he was gonna see us. He's gonna come home, and like scept like he's gonna come home around the time of his birthday, because I think, like Grandma and Grandma, my grandma's birthday is like like two or three days before my daughter's and then his birthday is like a couple of days after my daughter. So I think he was gonna come home like round around October. He ended up passing in August. So I don't have a recollection of my father. So that's why I don't really speak that much about my father because I don't have a recollection, but I have a you know, my grandfather, even though I was almost nine when he passed, I can remember things.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 2: My grandmother was in my life until twenty eleven, so obviously I have a better recollection to her in my mom my mom. I give my mom credit for doing what she knew she could, which would give us what my grandmother gave us. And it takes a special kind of person to do that, because sometimes the best decisions don't involve you, and so I thank my mom for that situation, trying to raise two boys on the South side of Chicago in the seventies, probably not going to be what we became. And so I love my mom. I take care of my mom. But the greatest recollection is with my with my grandparents, my sister, my brother. So we're gonna be all right. Boss Lady said, hey, uh, hey, your words are clear that you like your life now and will pursue what you want. I'm open for love and I'm in a faith for a connection. Now We're we're on two different pages. No problem, I'll fall back. You love drama, Ah, love drama.
Speaker 1: Uh, that might have been the one right there. You never know.
Speaker 3: You love you? Oh? Why you bothered me? Man, I'm just trying to listen, man, listen.
Speaker 5: I just want to see you happy, baby, that's all man. You know, I just want to see you happy. You know, you're you're running yourself, ragging, you run this and you're working yourself into the ground and got nobody to go home to him and rub on your feet and and rub your back, and you know, just you know, just I don't know, just I just need.
Speaker 1: I just I just want you happy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You say you're happy, but I tell you, I tell you every time. You know the Bible say a man who finds the wife find it a good thing. And I just want you to find it a good thing.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all, nothing more than nothing less. Now, when I get married next.
Speaker 3: Year, what about a five seven hundred thirty five pound red bone? What if I find want to be on a five five seven one thirty five.
Speaker 1: One thirty five? Yeah, what call you said? Red bone?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: I gotta, I gotta, I got what about six probably about six, probably about sixty five.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, hey, matter of fact, you just put you just put the memo out there.
Speaker 1: Six for if you six four two forty.
Speaker 2: Five six two oh six six two between two twenty five two forty yeah five or five ten six foot between two two hundred two twenty five yeah, or or five seven But.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for what like this is how you know a girl?
Speaker 2: If you ever see a girl and she, like pigeon told in one foot that left foot, normally that left foot, she.
Speaker 3: Kind of kind of turned it a little bit, right, You got a winner.
Speaker 1: Wait on one foot only on one foot, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't throw Joe when him, I keep bird seat on me because I don't know whether say hello or throw birds seat at him. But after she got pigeon told that one foot, every little thing go be all right, O Joe, everything go be all right.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, I one foot? That just something just on. I don't know it.
Speaker 5: Just I think when I think of one foot being pigeon told, I'm thinking you saw you saw usual suspects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cattle shape.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of.
Speaker 5: Kaida so sate coming out of that damn thing at the end, and one foot pigeon toad, and that just don't sit right with me.
Speaker 1: I don't like that visual.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, man, yeah, yeah yeah. They asked me talking about Hey hook, what were real couzin?
Speaker 1: I don't tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, somebody say they five six, one fifty. I'm paying bills.
Speaker 5: Oh shoot, that's what I'm talking about, Oh shorty, oh man, he's paying bills. Man, that might be the one right there. You know, sometimes it's good to be on the receiving and of things. Listen, I like my life as a stay at home father. Right now, I got all the kids. She out there having the fun with all other girls and stuff.
Speaker 3: But I'm cool. I'm finding one. Thirty five yeah you you yeah you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Five? What thirty five? That's too sure.
Speaker 3: For a woman.
Speaker 5: You said five?
Speaker 1: Ten a better?
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no no no no no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, you know, I gave, I gave, I gave three. You know what I'm saying. Normally you go to it, you get flavors. It's chocolate, you give Vanella, you got a metal swirl, you get a cookie dough cook.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You get Oreos, you know their birthday cake. I just I just gave you three flavors.
Speaker 1: O talk right, right right, okay, okay, okay, okay, I'm just checking. I'm just checking. I'm just checking. When you got to find you somebody, you got to mean, I mean the world, the world is your oyster. I don't know what movie I heard that in, but.
Speaker 3: Five fifty five okay, okay and five there? What forty five? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's hey.
Speaker 5: When I think about it, it should be so easy for you to find somebody, because like it's so many of what you looking for.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: It's so many.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid and they gave you money and they say, go to the stove is but you only get one thing?
Speaker 3: How many things did you grab on yo? Two tree?
Speaker 5: Well no, because if I only had enough money for one, I'm getting that one thing and I'm about just that.
Speaker 2: We got a dollar and they and they give you a dollar and they say, okay, you can only get one thing.
Speaker 3: But I got a dollar. I can get more than one thing. I would to spend the whole dollar.
Speaker 5: I see where you're going. I see where you're going. Now, now we factor in. Now that's what we got. A factor in discipline. Okay, this is what we've got. A factor and discipline. You find you one you like. Now, everybody come with baggage, everybody come with some bullshit. You find you one you like who's baggage you're willing to unpack and then you you make it.
Speaker 1: You make hey, you make it do what it do. Yeah, I'm telling you, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: Like you you watch the Track and Field meat today.
Speaker 1: I missed it. I saw she car ran and god damn ten eight though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, too easy easy see like them like the women's shot putters, just thrower, yes, sir. Now, all you gotta do is just put a little name out there. They gonna see this.
Speaker 3: Now, put the name. I'm just saying, you know, okay, yeah, I started working out hey, just just.
Speaker 1: To put a name out there. You know, they gonna they gonna see this.
Speaker 2: Nah, nah, noah, I ain't put their names out there. No, no, Joe, stop, Hey, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just I'm just throwing that. You throw the shot, throwing the shot put.
Speaker 3: That was my problem. That's my problem. I'll be not just like.
Speaker 2: I love beautiful women, No, Joe, right right right, right, right right right. That's why I stay at my house. Yeah, I mean, but I'm showing you all the shopping, you know, Shelley, you gonna handle that.
Speaker 3: Send me stuff.
Speaker 1: Hey, you can find you one though? Did she out there?
Speaker 3: I know she is she out there? And you or one hundred might be out there? What one or one hundred might be out there?
Speaker 1: We can make it one.
Speaker 5: You done had enough time, You done been through, You done did the hundred already? You don't you done did that already?
Speaker 1: You done did that?
Speaker 5: And you know the early eight late late eighties, early nineties, early early two thousands. Now it's time to simba down a little bit. Okay, it's kind to sima down a little bit, get you to get you one. All we need is one good one, you know, one good one, good season one. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Arkansas women just broke the collegiate national, the collegiate record in the four bout four in the regionals three twenty one eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Those women were booking.
Speaker 1: Oh they were moving, Broy Guy Lee.
Speaker 3: They they book it a bucket, bucket, that's live.
Speaker 2: Tony boys said, hey, you mentioned picking peas. I remember making seven dollars a day, hot as hell. I didn't go back. What's your what's the most you made in a day? Well, A lot of times I had two jobs. Uh, we work in tobacco field. I would make the most I have them made on the day, probably twenty eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, but I worked I worked from I worked from I worked from seven.
Speaker 2: I worked from like seven to five thirty five, seven to six into tobacco fields, and then I walked, went and caught.
Speaker 3: We went and caught. We catched.
Speaker 2: On average, somewhere between twelve and sixteen thousand chickens and so it was like nine of us and we got a dollar a thousand, So every thousand chickens we caught, we got a dollar. And we had a small crew. We were really young, uh, and so they would only let us catch. We were like the C group. That an A group that would catch somewhere between forty and fifty thousand a night. That a B group that would catch somewhere between thirty and thirty five thousand the night. And then I mean twenty to thirty thousand a night, and we catch average ten to sixteen. The most we ever called was sixteen. The least we've ever called was probably eight. But we're somewhere around ten to twelve. So I made twenty eight bucks. That's the most I've ever made.
Speaker 3: But we I worked about probably about eighteen hours for that dang ware to get it well.
Speaker 2: Addressed to the nine they say, Oh, they tell you quick old shake, kep izard on it, shake, kept Polo on it, dark siders on my feet, and had the Azad beilt to match, the Azad shirt to match the Iza socks y'all can't stop player, and the Lee jeans had Lee jeans Calvin Klein serch your riggle lettos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for show, okay, for show. Had it like that?
Speaker 2: I had to get it. I spent all my money on one shirt. I spent all my money in the week by twenty dollars, twenty five dollars hours. See my brother he cheat, he bout he bout that three or four from JAYC. Penny, not old Chateau. They already know. They called my my brother. Sister still call me to this day, call me Chateau because they knew I love the final thing.
Speaker 3: Call me Chateau. Brion had like it. Oh yeah, but that was me. I had to work. I mean I had.
Speaker 2: I caught chicken from the from the fourth grade all the way to the eighth grade.
Speaker 3: So you were you were working working, Yeah, I had. That was during school year too. I caught chickens during school.
Speaker 1: Well you know what I worked during school school year?
Speaker 5: You know, my sophomore on my junior year, I was at McDonald's McDonald's on City Second Street.
Speaker 1: I here right here by Edison. Yeah, I hear Miami. That's how That's how it all started.
Speaker 5: Then when I was in college at Santa Manga before before listen, the money was slow, man. Before I had to go do that that that you know what I was that I was at Cugaroo, you know about you know about Cuckar rules, that that things sounded for me and Nellie. Man, I worried that cugaroot chicken, and I worried that KB Toy Store and Crenshaw mall man, that money was too slow, that that money was too slow for what I.
Speaker 1: Was trying to do. As as as as as as a young fella in college.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, I would take you back. You want to go catch chicken? I tell let you see what it's like. What's like to catch chicken?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm man. It ain't nothing, man, Catching chicken is easy. Man.
Speaker 3: Three in one hand, three in the other.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's easy, right by right round the neck. No, you gotta have nobody feet, y'all doing by their feet? Yeah, okay, yeah, three in one hand, three in the other. Now you gotta understand, Now, how old am minded?
Speaker 3: I'm nine.
Speaker 2: I'm nine in the fourth grade, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, So I did that until I was like twelve or thirteen. Yeah, you know, I ain't got I ain't have the hands I got naw. Yeah, but you know we going that thing. Boy, we hulling birds. We come up out of them.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, we go in there, getting there about nine thirty, nine thirty, probably started about nine thirty, about one o'clock.
Speaker 3: We coming up out that thing.
Speaker 2: Go home, get about four hours of sleep, take a bathroom in the tub, watch it heap off. Get ready for school. Yeah, oh yeah, I had to get that thing, break grad down a little something. Oh yeah, I will have my sister send me that what you call him? That my W two out of W two I made in nineteen seventy seven. I think I made like three hundred dollars, three dollars that boy with iatan. But I got you age good made three hundred. You know, had a little stove crew. Get me like four or five honey buns. I love honey bad.
Speaker 5: Oh listen, who are you telling I told you that that's that's a delicacy out here. Well, I don't know where y'all from, but for me, I put that honey bun in the refrigerator, that refrigerator in the microwave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about ten eleven seconds. Yeah, and don't play with me. Don't don't even play with me.
Speaker 2: That we call them truck driver states truck driver steak. Yeah, we tried to truck drive the thing up. Honey bun volume, the sausages, and a Coca cola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh hold on, hold.
Speaker 1: On, hold on.
Speaker 5: What you know about the big Texas cinnamon roll? Oh yeah, purple, the purple rap man, you warn it, man, listen, let me taking my glass off because I'm bringing back memories and I'm about to cry. Hey, you know about Zingers remember Zingers today? Man Zingers is they have chocolate and they have vanilla Zingers moon.
Speaker 2: Pies moony yeah yeah, yeah, see that marsh but that yellow one with that mark, that yellow one, yes, that yellow one. Yeah, ain't nothing like a moon pie. I an't really that the chocolate would okay, but that's that yellow one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A zebra zebra cakes?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, im cakes. Actually, I got some oatmeal piles in that right now. I got some.
Speaker 1: I got some old milk remember old meal raisin pies though, yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah them yeah oh yeah, oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh man, when I use all the stuff I used to eat, I was, I mean, I used to do that stuff for you. I had to minotize the Lord, Please don't let me eat this when I get grown. Sometimes I just buy it just to like open it. Like sardines. I bought the sardine and then came up to sardines with the mustard sauce in it. Y'all know, y'all don't to talk about. And I was just like, Lord, sardines and then saltee. I was like, Lord, please the vine up sausages. Yeah, I said, Lord please.
Speaker 1: Man, I didn't bring back that, bring back good memories. Man.
Speaker 3: Ain't not eating spam ether baalooney damn. I used to squirrel of rice. Right now, somebody cook it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't mention nothing about food right now, bro, I'm hungry. I ate one time today.
Speaker 2: Hey, who know about catching chickens? I would take I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take o.
Speaker 3: Joe. I'm see if he can see if he could last. He always talk about he could do something.
Speaker 1: I got to give an hour anything. Anything I say I can do, I can do.
Speaker 2: Trust I give about the hour their back, go lock up, lock up, Yeah, because you gotta be down to get the chickens. You ain't used to be in there like that. No more, old Joe, you Sam? Oh Lord, Hey, you know what we're about to do a thing. I would call. I would call the people at the class the portrait playing Yeah, I would say, uh, we want to do, we want to do, we want to do a reality show.
Speaker 1: Listen you if you get me, if you if you put you, let me out there, give me some football cleats.
Speaker 3: And you need a football cleats? You ever had no football cleats in no chicken house.
Speaker 1: No I need I need to move. I got to move fast. I got to move fast. I'm in an hour. I could probably bring in about twenty thousand chickens in the hour.
Speaker 3: O yo. You know how this works?
Speaker 5: O yo.
Speaker 2: You go in at night, you open it, you open it at one end, and you take a flashlight because chickens huddle together so they easy to catch. But it's just the constant repetition of bending over and picking up three birds in one hand, three birds in the.
Speaker 3: Other, and walking them out and handle them up. Yeah, that's used.
Speaker 1: That's easy. That's easy because I ain't No, I ain't gonna well.
Speaker 3: I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to, man, I ain't gonna ain't a platform to be talking about that.
Speaker 2: But I just it's not ease, it's not well, I know, it's not either. I did it for like five years, so I know it's not easy, but we will get it done. We get it done.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, we get it done.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nackcap. Guys, I know I haven't been asking you as much, but please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. That will greatly greatly help us. We really appreciate the support that you've shown us, so thank you. Please make sure you hit that like button and make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank you guys for selling out my Shade by Laportier. We're taking pre orders only. We're fulfilling all back orders. We're gonna have that situated in the next five to seven business days and so guys, we're gonna put the link up probably the next week or so. We're gonna put the link back up so you'll be able to order it and you'll make you'll you'll be able to get it and it will not be a situation where you have to wait a month or two months in order for you to get your order.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your patience.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you go follow my media company pages on all platform that Shay She Media and my clothing company eighty four and that's spelled eighty four is spelled out the link to Nightcap merchants pinned at the top of the chat. Quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. We're offering free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars, and to show you the appreciation that OHO and I have for you, we've created an additional twenty percent off use the code.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Celtics beat the Pracers that were down by as much as eighteen points. We're down late in the fourth by eight points, and they come and they come from behind and win. And now the Pacers are down three in the conference finals. Celtics are up three to zero with a chance to close out on Monday. I'm your favorite on. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite on. Shannon Sharp, he's your favorite, number eighty five. He's a route runner, extraordinary, He's a Bingal Ring of Fame, Honorey, a legend, a pro bowler, an all Pro. He's Chad Oto, Sinko, Risotto Johnson. Thank you for joining us. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Mayara.
Speaker 1: The volume MHM