Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dishing the rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister booth Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. This mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Giovanni Tank Davis escape Barclays Center on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: With a majority draw against Lamark Roach.
Speaker 3: The thirty year old Davis, who is undefeated and with heavy favorite, took an in the middle of the ninth round before retreating towards corner of a member to wipe.
Speaker 2: His face with a towel.
Speaker 3: The unusual move, essentially at timeout, should have been assessed a knockdown, and Steve Wilson appeared to begin the ten count, but Willis bed can be heard on the broadcast Telly Davis, you take a knee like that. It looks like a knockdown. However, the fight continue without Roach being credited with knocking Davis down. Davis said during the post fight interview the ring that he got a hair He got his hair done Thursday and the grief from the hair was burning his eyes. Hairstylist denies putting a lot of greats on the hair, especially I did his hair Wednesday, it's Saturday. He did press Jim Wade, that's not an excuse. How much grease did how much grease did I use? Damn, You're like, oh, you even to mess up my business?
Speaker 2: You got you got listen.
Speaker 5: He had to be careful with that with that answer, because obviously, because she's the one that does his hair, her clientele is shot up. Because she's the one that does his hair. Now you come out and say something like that, you're the reason why. Now that's gonna mess up business up. So she got to come out and defend herself absolutely right away.
Speaker 1: She has to.
Speaker 5: Now obviously, watching the fight washing the punch, I don't think I think he's surprising. I think he's surprising with the punch and him in the wrong spot, the wrong place, and according by surprise, and he called him to go down.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I'm honestly.
Speaker 6: Wroach, Yeah, Roach Rose caughty by surprise.
Speaker 2: But I didn't I didn't see. I didn't think he got hit. You don't think he got hit.
Speaker 3: But regardless when you take a knee, if you go back and look at when Floyd Mayweather Fronk Cruise, I think what was in two thousand and one and he hit he hit him on the button and he hurt his hand and he took a knee and they started. He's like, no, I just they started to the count. Yeah, you can't take a knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if they give, if they if they take, if they give him that point, he wins the fight. Yeah, he wins the fight.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, listen, them boys were going at it. Boy, them boys were going at it. I think that there was there was it was a part that that I really enjoyed. Obviously, you know, boxing is about you know, moving around, and there's a point we're tanking. Roachs decided, know what we tied right now, we're fin the city here in the pocket and we fin the bang man, I mean, just exchange.
Speaker 1: But them boy was throwing.
Speaker 2: Boy Rose didn't back down at all at all.
Speaker 5: And did you see the size difference in the ring. Obviously obviously Roach being you know, being being being the bigger man.
Speaker 3: But Roach came up. Roach normally fights at one thirty. He came up to one thirty five.
Speaker 1: What Dad, what they look huge in the ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Either either way, listen, they got they got to rematch. They got to rematch, and that dog that that fight was good. And obviously a lot of people I've seen a lot of boxers come out and say, you know, Tank lost lost that fight.
Speaker 1: I think the fight was good.
Speaker 5: I think when I when I looked at the scorecard, I think maybe going into round seven, maybe seven or eight, maybe maybe seven, I think Tank was up on the scorecard. Uh for that matter. But Lamont Roach had always been good. He had always been good, and he was right. He had the right style. The styles make fights, and Lamont Roaches style made that fight what it is, Yeah, what it is?
Speaker 2: It's uh uh.
Speaker 1: And he made no mistakes too all night.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, Tank hit him with a good couple of good shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he moved hey, and he started countering.
Speaker 3: Yeah him, he was counting right back, right back, right back, and you know, the straight right through the guard through a south Paul, because that's what Tank is, a south Paul.
Speaker 2: Fired.
Speaker 3: Hey, that jab, he kept him up off if he didn't back down, and you know normally Tanks.
Speaker 2: Starts slow, comes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mostly I'm here at the State. Yeah, he said, I'm here for a long time and a good time.
Speaker 2: I ain't go no where.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what kind of conditioning la Montrose did. But whatever it is, I salute him because everyone else at some point past round seven. You know, normally when fighting fighting Tank, they die down. Yeah, they volume of punching decreases. You know, well, everybody gets tired after round seven and on. But his condition was was up the part of the they went.
Speaker 1: They went to war all twelve rounds. That was a really yeah.
Speaker 2: But me, I thought Roach won to fight. I did, Ojoe.
Speaker 1: If they count that knockdown, yes.
Speaker 2: I thought even without the knockdown, I thought he wanted Look, I.
Speaker 3: Thought he had. I mean, look, I know Tank land to punch it. But because he was Roach was the more aggressive fighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean being the aggressive fighter. Did you see that? Did you see a scorecard?
Speaker 3: Though you go to they showed the scorecards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean it's it's ah, it's tough. It's tough. Listen. A great fight from both fighters. Now to me, fight next.
Speaker 5: I would like to see them rematch at some point. I'm not sure if that's in in in the force future. I mean it should be obviously. If it was the draw, I would love to see tanking.
Speaker 3: What do the numbers say? The pay per view numbers, is going to tell you if people want to see a rematch because they came out and bought the fight, Yeah, they'll get a rematch if they didn't do the numbers on your no.
Speaker 1: I think I think it did the numbers. I think I think it definitely did the numbers. I mean, listen, it's it's tang Jesus draw.
Speaker 6: He's a draw.
Speaker 5: They coming to watch, they come to watch. I mean, I listen, I can't. I'm excited. I can't wait to see him, see him fight Cour.
Speaker 3: But everybody had a lot to say. Chakour had a lot to say. Uh, what's the name? Uh had a lot to say. Bud had a lot to say. But I think you do realize what Yoe. What this does is that it gives us fighters, like because everybody knows Tank got power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now.
Speaker 3: They're like, okay, I want to fight him Court, Like, okay, let's make this fight happen. He talked about Bud. Look, Bud, get at Canelo. Buddy ain't looking, Buddy ain't looking to drop no weight, he ain't. Nobody want the only fight Bud can make it's Canelo. Right now, that's a big jump to go three three weight classes.
Speaker 2: Huge jump, that's huge.
Speaker 3: I mean normally somebody go up a weight class maybe two, right because h Jones, Roy Jones. Yeah, Roy was super middle but Roy was fighting at was fighting at a light heavy, so he went up from cruiser to uh to heavy heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's gonna be a good one though. That's gonna be a good I meant.
Speaker 3: But I just I thought tank. When you know you got to the middle round, don't you. You got around like four and five are like, okay, here come tank, he come tank.
Speaker 5: He steps on the gas at the round four he normally steps on the gas that comes forward. Just in general, but also you got to understand at this level of Elie boxing like that, you got to be careful, especially when you're exchanging one shot but you're gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey listen, one shot, you're gone.
Speaker 5: So us as fans watch from the outside looking in, you know you want you want them to just get in there and just throw and just but it's a chess match.
Speaker 1: You got to be careful. You make one mistake, you going to sleep.
Speaker 2: You're going to sleep with the little guys.
Speaker 3: What they do is they put put but see that's they can put. They put punches together. As you go up a weight class, them the one that turn the lights out with one fight. Now still even at the smaller weight class, they catch you with a punch you don't see, they can turn your lights out.
Speaker 2: Uh, Or as a rap, yeah they can't.
Speaker 3: You throwing a punch, You throwing one and they and they get through quick or the one here to quit of the overhand that you don't see until it's too late, or the upper cut that you never see because it's coming from the blind spot. Blind spot. So that's why you know you get Tyson. Tyson was always to the body pop and he coming through, He coming through the guard. He coming through the guard. Tyson's gonna bang the body. You know it's gonna come. You know what's coming.
Speaker 2: Stop it if you can. But uh, it was, it was. It was a good fight. Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean no, I don't normally pay pay for fights, but I say, you know what, let me see was really going on because I know we're gonna talk about it. I wanted to see see Tank. I want to see Roach. Tank bet him to bed him quarter of a male that he's gonna get him out of there. Roach, say no, you won't. So it's gonna be interesting to see if they have a rematch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they have to.
Speaker 2: Uh, but look, there's there's enough fighters in that that class.
Speaker 3: You got Lo Machenko, you got Shakur, you got Hany, you got Garcia, you got Tanked, you got Roach.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, make me damn fights happen. Stop ducking and dodge at each other. What the They got some good ones coming up.
Speaker 5: Now there's a whole car with T O t O, Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a whole card.
Speaker 2: No, they shouldn't be fighting each other.
Speaker 3: See, that's why people don't give the credit because you remember back in the eighties when they had the four Kings, Hearns fault Leonard, he fought Hagler, he fought Duran. Duran fought those guys. And then you've crowded the fifth horsemen. You had Iran Barkley, those guys fight. Go back and look at the seventies and you look at the heavyweights when you had Norton, you had Fraser, you had Foreman, you had Ernie Shavers, you had all those guys.
Speaker 2: They fought, right.
Speaker 3: I love Floyd, but I hate what Floyd did to the game of boxing because everybody's trying to protect that. Oh ain't nobody want to take no chances because they feel they feel not if I take a chance, I lose.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, my career, bro, stop it from Floyd.
Speaker 1: For everybody.
Speaker 5: Floyd Floyd fort everybody on his term. This is the point when you're winning like that, you get to call your shot, get on your turn. Everybody ain't gonna be Floyd. Even if you getting up undefeated, you not gonna be Floyd. Yeah, that's what they're thinking. I'm trying to think. Then all the fights, like all all the fights too. Obviously you want to see all the fighters fight each other, but also they have to keep building it up to maximize the person which they can get. You can't just fight just to fight just because everybody want to see you fight. You gotta wait, you gotta build it up. You gotta get some fights in. You gotta create some type of chaos, some type of the goddamn turmoil.
Speaker 3: Lo Machinko is done enough, Sha cour Stevens has done enough that they should be able to get in the ring with Davantae, with Javonte, with Tank Hey.
Speaker 1: It's not that easy though. It ain't that easy. I mean the way the way you say it, you know, for us on the outside looking in, like forget it, make it happen.
Speaker 2: But the money got to be right, the money right? Oh yo, This is what camel.
Speaker 3: This is what guys do instead of taking a risk at twenty million, they rather fight somebody that know they can beat for Tigan. That's how they doing it, don't yoe. People see what they're doing. That's why UFC has surpassed them because they know why. It ain't let you dunk nobody and they ain't got And see you got the w b A, you got the Ring magazine, the w b O, the Eye Up, the the I b F, you got all these UNIF sanctioning bodies. You got too many belts, man, fight what you getting the sport for? I mean, just think about, oh Joe, if sports, if if sports was really like that, you know what you know, can't say it's like, nah, we don't want to play peeling, y'all see somebody else to the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl over that?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that's that's what do youse guys doing.
Speaker 2: They ducking I.
Speaker 5: Like it and put it that way for un you gotta understand. But at that level, at the elite level, you have to be careful. You have to build your resume that you want to maximize.
Speaker 3: The low pez don't have the resume to be able to fight. Yah yeah yeah, yeah, okay, So what you say and build a resume So he don't have a resume right now that's impeccable enough to fight it. What about your Chris Stevens. His record ain't good enough.
Speaker 5: But again we talk about purse. You got to think about how they thinking. They think about that bag, they think about that money. I don't want to fight you right now because financially it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is, man, you gotta fight. What people loved about sugar rate. This is why boxes today don't get the love and the addulation that the old guys because they fought, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for for for for no money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look look at it. They are prize fighters, That's what they are. Yes, we can, we could.
Speaker 5: Want them to fight as much as you want, but I'm telling you what it comes down to, what is my purse looking like, Oh Joe look like? Because you not fighting nobody. They're not getting no.
Speaker 3: One million dollars, They're not getting a million buys, They're not getting one point five million buys like Floyd.
Speaker 2: So stop trying to think that you're gonna be Floyd.
Speaker 1: I see what you mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well you ain't gonna never be that because everybody, everybody was tuning in to watch Floyd lose.
Speaker 1: There's a difference. That's how I even got to that point.
Speaker 3: But but look at Tyson. I mean, go back, go back and look at those guys, those guys Foult. You gotta fight your at the end of the day, you gotta fight. You gotta fight. I want you to get your money, but you ain't. Nobody gonna be tuning in to watch you, watch you box somebody. They want to see you. They want to see low Pez in your core. They want to see a tank in your core or or low.
Speaker 5: Pez, Evan Hany, Ryan Garcia want to like that. All those are great matches.
Speaker 1: But again, what is it so hard?
Speaker 5: I said, I see some people in the check and plane and start making excuses why it is so hard to get fights? Why do you think people don't want to see contracts? So when they do sing the contract. They look at it be like, I ain't fucking sign that shit.
Speaker 2: You ain't even paying me.
Speaker 5: It all comes down to one thing at the end of God damn thity. No matter what y'all say in the chat, I ain't making no no excuses. The person ain't where it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Why the person to where it w to be? Because they don't want to see them jokers fight nobody. They want to see them fight the best and the person be there.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying you.
Speaker 3: No twenty five million to fight some guy that got that's thirteen and five and you twenty seventy zero. We would not hold Sugar Ray into regard as Sugar Ray not fought who he fought. He fought with Natas he fought Haggler, he fought Hearns, he fought Durran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's different.
Speaker 2: Hearns fought Hearns, Hagler. They fought you talking about in the eighties, the Four Kings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we never go.
Speaker 2: Back and look at the same in this and look at those guys they fought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Foreman, Ali, Frasier, Norton, Shavers, Uh, uh, what's the uh the other guy there's another guy that George foreman just went and they went like eight round. But they were just it wasn't it wasn't aesthetically pleasing. Yeah, o cho, they would throw atomic bombs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that trying to kill each other?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I'm speaking.
Speaker 5: You have to think about it too now. But I'm sitting here talking, I'm listening to people in the chat. But then you gotta think about I'm in camp with some of these folks, man, I'm listening to the conversations. I'm in there literally you know why certain fights are getting made. I'm in there with Boots. I've been in there with Kayler plant Bena videas. I hadn't been in the camp with Tanks the same i haven't been in the camp with Shakur. It's the same conversation, the same thing, over and over. So when I'm saying and stuff like this, people say I'm making No, I'm not making excuses.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there listening with my own two ears.
Speaker 5: I'm listening with the issues are well, we can't make this fight because the money ain't what it should be. And why am I getting in risking myself or risking the l or oh or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: For every case, because you in the fight game. Why get in the fight game? Every time you step in the ring, there's a chance chance or there's always a puncher chance.
Speaker 1: But I'm still telling you what it is. I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, look here until they start that.
Speaker 3: And that's why people with the people to stop watching you gotta go all the way to saudis Uh. They try to make it. They make it fights in Saudi in the Dubai because did you want fight over here?
Speaker 2: Fight?
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 5: I see people in the chat about I'm lying. I mean, is what's well documented? Everything I'm saying. All you gotta do is just type it in?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 1: But anyway, AnyWho, it's all good man.
Speaker 3: I just hey, I just want to see him fight. I just want to see good fights. Get met man. Hey, oh Joe man, you look, I done been to prize fights. Ain't nothing like it? No, oh, ain't no, ain't no.
Speaker 2: I mean when the.
Speaker 3: Last time we had a bull, I mean we got to go back to when blood fault Earl f Fitz Junior.
Speaker 2: That was nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember going to going to see Tyson fight. Ain't nothing like a heavyweight. Now, oh no, big time boy tyson back of his prime. Everybody came out.
Speaker 1: The world stopped you hear me.
Speaker 3: But you better not go to the bathroom or gets concession because you're gonna miss You brought your ass back to your seat.
Speaker 1: You miss the fight.
Speaker 3: Oh you missed it. You just been ten grand for nothing. Oh yeah, but I want to see these guys fight.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: I think that the chat water to see him fight too. A man goes viral for Biden's girl a Honda Civic for a birthday and gets clown on social media.
Speaker 2: Man go.
Speaker 3: A man goes viral buying his girl a Honda Civiy for a birthday and gets clown.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, why are you alone? Han c is a good car? I mean, look at you do. Y'all see that, y'all like the man an athlete.
Speaker 5: Damn forget aunt exipit being a good car. I mean you're getting the vehicle to gi him point A to point B. Obviously, you want to stay within your financial aim. You don't want to get something that you're not able to afford. You want to you don't want to get something that you can't pay for. You can't make payments. It's it's not that difficult.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: The man got something based on his salary and what he makes where he's comfortable helping his young lady out.
Speaker 2: That ain't hard. That ain't difficult to understand. It ain't.
Speaker 5: And the people, the peoples most of the time that people are making fun of it.
Speaker 2: Probably could have got no car. Think they ain't he got no car.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, they don't get me started on that. There I mean, but see, that's that's why I know. That's why you know, I've been talking to a lot of people sat on the internet. Ain't real because, oh Joe, the Internet I have you thinking, like, man, I really need to get me another job. Look out any more for living. They take a picture you fell on one thousand dollars just to go take a picture on the private jet. You wrinten cars, you wrinten home. That got people thinking that's your crib.
Speaker 1: For what?
Speaker 3: Just so you could impress somebody. You tried to impress somebody that you never met. That guess what, they don't care about you.
Speaker 5: And it's all about portraying a certain image.
Speaker 2: On Yes, I mean that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're not a whole lot of guys that would be willing to buy their girl a car, even if it lives a hard to say it.
Speaker 2: Hmm. And she seemed just as happy because it was better than what she had, which was nothing. Nothing. It bes better than catching the bus. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're gonna try to shame the man. Tell I claimed the man clown, the man on social media. Bro, put your arm around your lady, because a lot of a lot of jokers out there ain't.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: He's I'm surprised they didn't call him a simp because you know you can't do nothing for your lady. For taking care of your lady, Yeah, you ain't got no girl. You're not you simple because you ain't even got no girl.
Speaker 3: But because because you man, I wouldn't do that for my lady, y'all ain't gonna tell me what to do for my lady.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do what then with the if I won't absolutely every time, So man, you a simp?
Speaker 3: Okay, And your point is, y'all think they'd be thinking to be hurting you're feeling talking about that, bro, y'all ain't got no money. As matter of fact, y'all they got if no, you might have money and when you talk about I don't got to do all that for my girl, guess what somebody else is. Oh, oh, I don't even want to break no bad dude. I don't come rre no bad I ain't gonna break no bad dudes.
Speaker 5: All all all it takes, you know, the funny thing about it, all this take for her is to experience it from one person.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, one time. Oh this is what it's like. Oh, this is what I've been missing out on.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, but oh Joe, I mean if I was, if I didn't play in the NFL, took care of my money. Let's say I'm a hard working guy. I work at a regular ninety yeah, and I ain't ain't blue blue collar real real blue. Yes, the collar black because it's dirty. Because I'm working my ass off with you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you now. And if I yeah, I won't take care of my lady for sure. That's a part of it, right, always has been. That's me now.
Speaker 3: Everybody everybody wired like you and I that we believe that that you know, we should take care of those because I want, Yeah, I'm gonna take care of mine. That what somebody else do. I don't care what somebody else do for their lady. I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: For mine.
Speaker 6: Mine.
Speaker 3: So what you do, I'm cool. You don't want to take your girl do this, or you don't want to do that. I ain't finna judge you. I ain't finna look down at you. But I'm not gonna for make you feel bad because I can you can't do for your Because that's what it comes down to, Oh Joe. A lot of guys can't do anything for their lady, and since they can't, they're gonna try to make you feel bad that you can't.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly and matter of fact, they're using the word simp. They're using it out of context. They're using it totally out of context.
Speaker 3: Now, the guy that's in this, that's in here talking like up, that's my dog right now, the one the only uh I've been his real name, Marma called him. They fan you, but we call him earthquake.
Speaker 2: Quait what it do?
Speaker 6: What up? Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Craick, what's up baby?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: So? Blessing Hally famous see how to put my real name? Because Trump it's important people I let him know.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm looking him like Nathaniel.
Speaker 6: There's ain't no time to be Earthquake right now. It's hot in these streets. You gotta keep your passport, which you say your real name. You can't say, oh yeah, mess around and get deported. Man, can't get back?
Speaker 2: Wait, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm so blessed, Holly favorite. Man, I love this show too. Man, appreciate y'all do chemistry.
Speaker 2: Man, look at it.
Speaker 6: And I'm proud of you. You know I'm proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Man, we we talked of you.
Speaker 3: I don't really have a whole lot of close friends and people that I communicate with that I didn't play sports with, but Quake is one of the ones. I mean I met Quake. I mean I used to see him in Atlanta and come to his shows. But then I met him probably about nine years ago. And there but we fly we find the red out back to Atlanta and we're in we're in the Sky Club and man, we struck up a conversation and man, we've been we've been, we've been. We've been down ever since. Man, I mean a good dude, real dude. Hey, there's been some times called him up us.
Speaker 2: It's a man. Look at let that go, man, Let let that let that.
Speaker 6: He had to talk me off.
Speaker 2: A cliff got to talk off.
Speaker 7: I told him all the time from the chief, Oh yeah, I got because I ain't coming over this hell.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I can't do that poem is hard on him. They're gonna have to do it by this man.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Hey, Craig, I wanted to ask you, Man, Listen, I've been watching over the years. Man, you've been in comedy. Man, you've been in the game for a long time. Boss man, and I'm a fan. I'm a huge fan. How has your comedic style evolved over the years, Being that through each era, you know, you're not not what your set, your sets have to change based on your audience.
Speaker 7: Well, I always think as a true artist, comedy should reflect the error that you are. And that's why I'm saying it's so important now that everything we're going you can't have not jokes. This is the time to be the richer pride James Causman to be able to reflect so you can have this longevity if you're relevant in the times that you're living. You know what I mean so that's always been my crew. I mean key, I'm quick with it. I don't take a long time. And then I have a different delivery sung much as like a preacher, and I'm rapid fied.
Speaker 6: So you know I gave you. I'm like McDonald's. I'm over a billion jokes told. So you just you don't get no time to wait for me. I ain't got the long stories and waiting for Aaron Pride type. You know what I mean. Just keep punching to the bell, Quake.
Speaker 3: I remember you said one time what a true comics job is is to take real life events and make them funny. A lot of time you're talking to your prostate. We had to get you, had to get your prostay check. You take real life events. Be a dating situation. Now I think you about to get you that got mad yet, Quake. I don't mean to put you now.
Speaker 6: August twenty stories. Man, I'm going there. God, I'm gonna send you. It's all though we walked through the Valley of no Evil. You gotta get out the streams.
Speaker 2: I'm following, I'm following up right behind you.
Speaker 6: It's time to get.
Speaker 7: Out these streets, man, these old players better than realize that's what they make side.
Speaker 6: Road, Get out the road. I ain't like seeing old man, didn't he Let me quick.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this quick.
Speaker 3: When you first started doing comedy shows and you're on the circle, you're chilling circuit, and you're going to leave a small club and you're making fifth and they're paying you one hundred dollars, did you ever think comedy would be as mainstream and you could make the money that you're making right now when you first started.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because see, I own my home club, and sometime comedy Harvey came. Yeah, and Steve Harvey came. And it's ninety three and Steve Harvey came, did three shows on Friday, three on Sunday, and I wrote him a check for seventy two thousand dollars on a sun.
Speaker 6: On ninety three. I said, man, I ain't know that. Yes, I said, yeah, I can stay here for a hour just for the stuff that you utter. Oh man, yes, lord, I knew. It's a beautiful thing. If you can draw them people to come in.
Speaker 3: You're in the military. Let me ask you this, when did you know that you know what comedy the avenue I'm going to pursue because you went to the military and you could have been you know, been a civil servant or you're like Noah, military military, they won't make no money. They won't make no money. Actually, I will go ahead, make this real money out here being a comedian. When did you start taking comedy serious?
Speaker 6: Well, I wish I did have a good to be quite honest with your story like that.
Speaker 7: I was gonna do twenty years in the military, but the war broke out, and I said, I don't mind.
Speaker 6: Practicing for war, but y'all fighting for real, man. I just came here to get away from my mother. Now y'all need some real soldiers. You could drop me balling off at the crib. Man. I ain't no real soldier. Man, It's time to tap out.
Speaker 7: So I went to Atlanta and just tried comedy out, just as a nat just tried it.
Speaker 6: It ain't nothing better came.
Speaker 7: That's why I got the name earthquake, because if it didn't work out, I ain't.
Speaker 6: Want my family to be joking on me talking about you know, you got the military trying to be richer.
Speaker 2: I used the thing I used.
Speaker 6: Earthquake, so it worked out. So you know, that's it.
Speaker 7: I ain't want to mess up my good name. So somebody said, earthquake you born. I'm like, I don't know, no earthquake my name the Panion.
Speaker 5: Hey, who were some of some of the comedians that inspired you when you first started out? You know, you're Richard Prize and names of that sort.
Speaker 7: I got in the game after prior part of it, just into the game of the occupation of it. But all the great such as d l uh, Steve uh Steve, Bernie, all of them.
Speaker 6: You got to understand.
Speaker 3: I hold my own club.
Speaker 7: So all the comments that you see now came through my club to Chris Talkers, the uh Hons, Jays.
Speaker 6: All of them.
Speaker 7: All of us were in this club. This was a trading field force. And you know the other ones was the big stars, like the George Wallace and stuff.
Speaker 6: So that's how it was. Yeah, George, bad boy. George is the first brother that taught me how to do it. Door did. He said, you need eighty five ninety percent though, and some of the food and a lot.
Speaker 5: I said, okay, how do you how do you feel about about the state of the state of stand up comedy today as opposed to have was you know, in our younger days. And I'm saying in our younger days because I'm mia im right up there with y'all.
Speaker 6: Well, the only thing I would say personally as a comedian is be a comedian.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: You don't mind you doing anything, doing your format or sit down here or Twitter due.
Speaker 6: But where's the giants?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: I want to hear the jokes.
Speaker 7: If you you're gonna be something else and you're gonna be a provocateur or whatever, okay't do that.
Speaker 6: But if you're gonna fly under this badam as a compedian, you need to be funner and.
Speaker 7: You can't bring what you being last year, just like your gang, your last year has nothing to do with this hit. When you step on the field and you're still living off for stuff you did in the past.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I used to be in nineteen ninety seven, the Super Bowl, Champing twenty twenty, you know what I mean. And you sitting down here and you running a.
Speaker 6: Eight four, you know what I'm saying. You know you used to run the flow too. Face. I ain't got nothing to say to you, so I feel it just be funny.
Speaker 3: Wait, put a joke to Itait when you look at where we are now, because it seems like a lot of these comedians are popping up through social social media. Oh yeah, and when your days you didn't have social media. You like you said you had to be funny. There were were they.
Speaker 2: Guys doing a whole lot of skits back then. I remember phlip Wilson.
Speaker 3: You remember phlip Wilson had the variety show Caravan, tim Quark Conway. There are a few that had had the skit, the scared comedies, but for the most part, gods stand up on stage. Women stood up on stage with that microphone and they walked pace back and forth, and they told jokes. And now it seemed like social media guys blow up, guys at men and women blow up overnight.
Speaker 7: Wait yeah, but see, it's just like your profession. Whatever means you need to get seen by the scouts, you still better be able to play truth because they ain't nothing gonna help you when you get on that stage. Man, you might get them the first time, sell all out. He was great on the hand and that, But in our profession, they won't spend another dollars the word to get around. He sucks, and they'll let you know and that I'm telling you you found out just how long a minute is.
Speaker 2: When you say it's different up there.
Speaker 6: It's a hard job.
Speaker 3: But wait, I know you're cool with Chappelle. You wanted a few comics that that Chapelle allowed to get close to him. You Donnelle Rollins, I had done all alone.
Speaker 2: I told it. I tore him up Quake. I got me some jokes for Quake. I got me some jokes off on it.
Speaker 3: I'll listen to you quate Qua saying they come up here and get you a few jokes on them. I got it, I got I got you a few up on it.
Speaker 2: When when when I hear he's one of the few like George Carlin could do this, that he could tell a joke while all the while providing social commentary. And that's a that's a very very unique ability to have.
Speaker 3: He can take real life events, he can make them funny, but tell him in such a way that it armed the crowd.
Speaker 6: He he's a genius. Man.
Speaker 7: I have the privilege I just work with him all All Star weekend in Oakland. And when I tell you, the set he has now is just as funny as anyone that he has and He's God given for this.
Speaker 6: This is what he's here for. You know what I mean to interpret it, and is very.
Speaker 7: Relevant back to what I'm saying, these are the times and comedians, true comedians, have the obligation to tell the world and sow truth to power through your jokes and educate you through the laughter. Same as the people you said George calling the Richard Prize and these people stood when we was going through even worse than we're able to articulate where he is and he's there doing it for us now and it's bringing and I'm just privileged to be his friend.
Speaker 2: So what is the are you? Are you on to it right?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: Qwait?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm getting ready for this. Uh your boy ready for this?
Speaker 7: Another next Mink Netflix special. Dash pel is going producer for them, coming to a line win there.
Speaker 6: Uh, we we're gonna be in and I'll saying what the next two months we're gonna spell. We're gonna do it. This was gonna be great. I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Let me have to find out. Let me have to find out from somebody other than you. I'm I'm coming to Henckley.
Speaker 6: You know you don't want to do that. I got you. I got a couple of bullets. But you already already.
Speaker 2: Hey quick, got you got your boy?
Speaker 6: Yell you boy.
Speaker 2: I talk about my mom.
Speaker 6: You know they jokes and I'm gonna I can't see it now because we didn't put the ink on it. But your boy gonna be on TV on the network. So I'm have on my on my own team.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Like I said, man, one of the few people outside of sports that I that I that I communicate on the regular basis. And uh, man, I really appreciate you joining tonight. But man, you know I've seen your show. I've always thought You've always been one of my favorite comedians. And after getting an opportunity to really know you and talking even before you sat down with me on Club Shay Shake, having an opportunity to talk to.
Speaker 2: You on the Rag, man, you're just a good dude. You're a real good dude.
Speaker 6: Bro. Well, thank you, man, I appreciate it. Oh show you my man.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: And still and you know it, brother, still still don't spend none of that money. Let's keep this money. Man. Don't let him rich. Shame you do not let him rich. We ain't extended you. We ain't going back being broke.
Speaker 5: We know how Listen, I ain't spent none in thirty seven years, man, Listen, I didn't. I've been enjoying the fruits of my labor. This year, I told myself, I'm gonna treat myself twenty twenty five. So this year I'm gonna act up quick. This year, I'm gonna act up for twenty twenty six. I'm gonna go ahead and shut it back down.
Speaker 6: I would give yourself a year, but don't let them rich shady man keep this back. I'll be rooting monst been nothing.
Speaker 3: Hey, quake, man, appreciate your time, man and joy, I look forward to you, like I said him up, let me know because I'm definitely coming to that.
Speaker 2: I'm coming to the show.
Speaker 7: Bro Oh no, I'm on a showing that too, and I'm a socio seeing you and oh hr intercession to the way. Man.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be huge and everybody's gonna be there, and I woul left.
Speaker 3: You don't have no beat, don't have no vegan food, Quake, I know you eating healthy, not going with that bull jive.
Speaker 6: I got I got listen, I got you, I got I got people quick.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, man. Thanks for joining us the night on night cap bro Love you, man, love you. Cheers to not being a better baby mama.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm bragging because DJ really do have a great daddy. Out of out of the four years our son's been here, he's never skipped the beat in my boy life.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's dope.
Speaker 2: That's dope. That's so I like it. I like yeah, I mean because sometimes, don't you know, I mean I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I don't know about reward what we're supposed to already be doing. I mean, you know, you're not supposed to get a reward for what you're supposed to do. That's what he's not supposed to misbeat. You know, that's his child.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not supposed we're not supposed to argue. You're not supposed to get mad if I date somebody else and I move.
Speaker 5: On, right, Okay, Okay, yeah, okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, right, I agree. I don't believe. But I mean, I don't know if I would have said, what my my my my child, my co parent? You know, I don't want to say, because you don't hate Shelly.
Speaker 2: Call me my co parent? Uh money for doing what they're supposed to do. But mhm, you you wouldn't do that?
Speaker 5: What like you know what I'm saying money just if they if they need an extra you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not even and I'm not even.
Speaker 5: I'm not speaking on the part on in context of her saying it because he's doing a good job.
Speaker 2: Listen, just the fact that they have a child for me, you always good.
Speaker 1: Or you or you don't operate.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just saying that's how I operate.
Speaker 5: If you have a child for me, you're always good and always will be for the simple fact that you do have my child, right, regardless of your circumstances, regards of who you're dealing with, regards who you're seeing. You know, every time, depending on who you see, they might not be as you already know what I'm trying to say out.
Speaker 2: I don't check nobody's pockets. But if there's something that you need.
Speaker 5: Regarding the child, sometimes maybe not regarding the child, depending on the importance of it or the situation. Okay, you good, you know, ain't I ain't nasty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think my kids, I think my my co parent. It's good. Stands the situation or not right. Yeah, okay, okay, Look we were young, we had kids, young, first time parents.
Speaker 3: I'm in my career. You know, they wanted things that I'm not. I didn't think I could give at the time. Looking back on it, probably should have handled things a lot different. I'm not saying that I would have changed anything about my career. I'm still going, but I probably could have squeezed some time in. But you don't know what you don't know, and you're feeling that that's gonna that's gonna hinder it's gonna hamper my ability to be the player that I want to be. And so, uh that was you know, hey, but I ain't make peace with them. I made peace with the kids, right, That's who That's who I owed it. That's who I owed it to with the kids. And I think, uh, you know, I had a conversation with the kids, and they they they understood, or they told me they'll understood. I I don't know what's inside their head. I just go by what they tell me, O Joe. And so that was that was what I was able to do. But hey, kudos to her for not being better. Maybe he's moved on. Maybe she's moved on and sometimes.
Speaker 2: Sho you have you have a kid with someone and they are better, you're better, and all you do is is bigger and the only person that suffers as a child or the children.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad we can we can agree to get along, Oh Joe. The thirty dollars lunch debate is still going on. Bunny Bunny said, I hate cheap ends. I'm no greedy woman. But if I want to see food board for lunch, oh as it's plate from shape. Yeah, thirty dollars is not enough it Please tell me thirty dollars is not enough. Cry, I'm not getting McDonald's for lunch. Boot what's up about Joe?
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, uh listen, I mean it's it's it will go on and on and on and on and on.
Speaker 5: It's one of those It's one of those what I what I like to call black Twitter topics. Yeah, and it comes through every so often, the same thing, same conversation. Listen it depending on who it is, depending on who the guy is giving you thirty dollars, you're gonna tak that thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see at thirty. Oh yo.
Speaker 3: Now, maybe if it's a guy in you are not situation. Maybe you like with damn baby, you got thirty dollars, but you're talking about but everybody ain't got it like that.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't just what what is it? Cash out? Zim sit thousand? See your fifteen? Okay, yeah, you know everybody can't do that, so it's called cash outs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, everybody ain't got can't afford the cash after you two hundred dollars and head, who the hell et two hundred dollars for lunch?
Speaker 2: One person? A two hundred dollars lunch?
Speaker 1: Don't yo?
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, when I look at some of the meals, I look at some of the prices, the way people like to eat all this healthy food. You know, did different restaurants that people like to go to, these nice restaurants.
Speaker 2: One person though, for two hundred dollars one person? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know the way they're moving. It seems like so because the topic, the topic and the discourse about that thirty dollars, Hey, women, women ain't.
Speaker 2: Women ain't playing that.
Speaker 5: But you know, honestly that women's expectations and thinking they're gonna have somebody, or thinking you're going to find someone that's gonna be going crazy with it and having the having the pockets that have that kind of what what what what I what I call that kind of money?
Speaker 2: God, I don't know. Whet the word of money?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, f you money despoilable income on despoilable income where regards to how.
Speaker 1: Much it is you need or you're good?
Speaker 5: Right here on on on the dot, they say, no movie, this is reality. The volume