Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newarth, and today we're joined by Steven Rinella, Jannis Putellis, Brody Henderson, Max Barta, Phil of Retski, Brady Davis, and Matt McCormick. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners, choosing Phil, Brady, Matt. This is your first time playing Meat Eater Trivia. How do you feel about your chances?
Speaker 1: Pretty high?
Speaker 2: Stuck you on this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, feeling good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just planning where to donate the money to.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is confidence, yeah, from our guests.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we might get smoked, but you have to come in hot man.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, I heard some whispers before the show that you hope it's not a duck question for your bone. I'm sorry to say, but your bone is a duck question today. I didn't know that psychology we preferred goose over here, so duck questions we do into you guys, they all get the same bone, right, they all get the same bone.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair.
Speaker 4: I think three would be three bone.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Now for the week. This week, we're looking at a battle of the meat eater mustaches. Here's how Cal, Seth, Mark, and Clay stack up against each other in our four verticals. In the hunting category, the best performing mustache is Cal, who gets fifty two percent of questions right. The worst performing mustache is Clay, who gets forty five percent of questions right. In the fishing category, the best performing mustache is Cal again, who gets fifty five percent of questions right. The worst performing mustache is Clay again, who gets thirty eight percent of questions right. In the conservation category, the best performing mustache is Cal again. You think you'd win, though, who gets fifty five percent of questions right. The worst performing mustache is Seth, who gets forty nine percent of questions right. And in the cooking category, the best performing mustache is Cal again, who gets sixty one percent of questions right. The worst performing mustache is Mark, who gets twenty percent of questions right. That gives CALLI clean sweep across the board, making him the King Mustache.
Speaker 5: You just have a mustache episode and let him duke it out.
Speaker 2: You know, we have a high the amount of mustaches per capita in this office. It's up there.
Speaker 5: I'll grow this.
Speaker 2: Bad boy obviously I've been.
Speaker 1: For the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, I can see that, Yanni. Could you get a mustache for us too? I know, sir, have you ever had a mustache in your life?
Speaker 6: Kind of during COVID there, I'll let everybody else answer that, you know, I just let it go there for however many months it was. Steve didn't like it because I said, he said, I looked like a convict buddy at his Isn't that right?
Speaker 2: You had a I'm dick buddy, you had there was one specific convict buddy or he just looked.
Speaker 5: Like so I can tell I can't remember this.
Speaker 2: There we go, Yanni, and then you could join the mustache episode. This is our zero percenter question the week, which says how much knowledge players have retained from previous games. This question was from episode three eighty one. The topic was hunting, and nobody got it right. This logger, which calls itself the official beer of the American Sportsman usually comes in red cans that feature wildlife on them. Who knows the answer, nobody? How about this guest? Do you have any guests? It's red official beer the American sports old style again, wrong again. I'll tell you. The incorrect answers given were old Milwaukee, Hams, ray Neer, and Budweiser, which I think Steve said all those except the correct answer, if we give up, was Schmidt.
Speaker 5: I tell you a quick funny story about old Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I'm gonna hold on. Last time you guys call. When we had this question, you say, can I tell you a quick funny story about old Mud? And then you told the story about a poem? You told this story? Do you want to tell it again? Schmidt? Schmidt was a correct answer. Nobody got it the second time around. We have some housekeeping and get to In a previous game of trivia, when talking about grocery stores, I pronounced the Texas grocery chain as HEB, which was apparently wrong. About twenty Texans wrote in to let me know that the local way to say it is by just saying each letter individually, making that H E B instead of HEB. Now, these proud Texans also wanted to let me know that HB is a proud supporter of conservation. They've contributed more than thirteen million dollars to conservation projects that have done things like colstal cleanups and black bear restoration. Most recently, h TV made a one million dollar donation to the Texas State Parks through the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation. The company said that since only a fraction of the state is public land, they want to make sure those resources are protected for generations to come. That's right now. The Shelby Index for today's round is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything.
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 4: Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Demon suckers? Now, maybe the first time ever we have an audience outside of the room. Who can tell me who's watching out here?
Speaker 3: Can't she come in? Sure?
Speaker 2: I mean, does she want to? Who is it? First of all? More bassive thing? Come in? He shook his head.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of my kids, the younger one, Evelyn, is a jibber jabber. So hear her, she'd probably be answering all the questions.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Question one, the topic is cooking, and as always, this is multiple choice. Which of these peppers is hottest? Is it banana, Chipotle, habanero, or Halipino? Which of these peppers is hottest? The room is very copy right down you think it is no ABCD. Which of these peppers is hottest Banana, Chipotle, habanero or Halipino. The room is very confident. Steve, you just know this one.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: So. Do you have some peppers in the garden this year? Any of these four?
Speaker 3: Does?
Speaker 2: Everybody have an answer?
Speaker 5: Weren't hot though?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Which I like?
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody ready, go ahead and just feel your answers. We have Phil saying halipino, Brady saying bannaro. It's habanaro. But I put a joint. Okay, everyone says.
Speaker 4: Tell you that.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we'll give it.
Speaker 5: Literally looks like because that's some that's what you're playing with fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right out of the game.
Speaker 5: I did it correct. That's how you spell it in al Paso.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll take your word for it. The correct answer is have a narrow Every single player got it. Banana peppers are a three hundred on the Scoville heat unit chart. Halipinos and Chipotle's are a five thousand, and Havebenaro's are a two hundred thousand. Havebnaros are one of the hottest common peppers that you can find at almost any grocery store.
Speaker 8: I'm playing a one halopeno this year. He must have thrown thirty halopenos. They were good, perfect heat too, Like you just eat them, throw them on a grill. Then't have to be all paranoid about the seeds or anything, you know.
Speaker 2: Question two, the topic is public lands. This next great question comes to us via Andrew Dideo What state is home to the Cat's Skill Mountains? Less confident this time around About half of our players think they have the correct answer. Again, the topic is public lands? What state is home to the Cat's Skill Mountains? Steve, you have this one right? Ye?
Speaker 4: Have you been there?
Speaker 2: Or is that too much information? If you tell us?
Speaker 5: I'm not a chat in mood?
Speaker 2: Spencer Okay, Brody also thinks he has and Yanni, Max, have you come up with an answer yet? Max is not as confident. What state is home to the Catskill Mountains? I think we're waiting on Brady and Max might be.
Speaker 1: Waiting for a long time.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: I'll pick.
Speaker 9: Iowa.
Speaker 2: Why Okay, Max, we are now waiting on you. You need to tell us where the Catskills.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, Max, No, We're good. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have doctor Phil saying Washington, Brady saying Tennessee, Matt saying Arizona, Brody sang New York, Max saying Rhode Island. Yo, Honest saying New York, Steve saying New York. The correct answer is New York. A few folks got it.
Speaker 1: That's a funny way to spill Hawaii.
Speaker 2: The cat Skills are found in southeastern New York and are part of the Appalachian Plateau. The area is known for fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, and skiing. It's also famous for its impact on the American comedy scene. Rodney Dangerfield, Jackie Mason, Don Rickles, and Moore all got their start by performing at resorts in the Catskills.
Speaker 9: Southeastern New York. I thought it was up north.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a future correction. Question three. The topic is biology. Drake wood ducks, Drake canvas back, and Drake cinnamon teal all have this eye color. The room is very confident, maybe except for Yanni. Our duck hunters and duck biologists think they have it right.
Speaker 6: This is not the first duck eye color question that we've had on this show, is it?
Speaker 2: Drake wood ducks, Drake canvas back, and Drake cinnamon teal all have this eye color.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the main eye color?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What would be the alternative to this question?
Speaker 6: Just just go Why can't you respond to just go with.
Speaker 5: Your gut here secondary lens?
Speaker 6: Maybe I was just trying to confuse the answer.
Speaker 3: Pat.
Speaker 2: We've had a question related eye color in birds before. That's right, Does everybody have an answer? Room looks confident. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have doctor Phil sang red, Brady, red Max saying red, Brody saying yellow, crossed out, red Max says red, Gianna says yellow, Steve says yellow. The correct, actual spell correct answer is red. Our duck hunters and.
Speaker 10: They they all got the It's believed that the purple of the red eyes is to aid their vision in dark conditions.
Speaker 2: The red eye color is more common in birds that dive underwater. Some other birds with red eyes are common ludes, common loons, western grebes, and black crowned herons.
Speaker 5: Now, if you just said a loon out of got it.
Speaker 2: Right, you'd have known that one. Yeah, okay, is that would have thrown you off?
Speaker 8: No, I would have gotten I could just picture his red bat figure of a wood duck.
Speaker 5: I'm like, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can tell me any color? And would duck be like, yeah, I could see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Was that?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do you know most of the eye colors for ducks are duck hunters and duck biologists? You think you do.
Speaker 1: I don't shoot them until I see the eyes.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 5: Wait to see the yellow, the reds of his eyes.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Question four. The topic is hunting. This next great question comes to you is via Matt h. This is a visual question. If you want to see what the room is seeing, then watch this episode on Meat Eater's YouTube channel or check out my latest post on Instagram. The room is looking at three pictures of white tails. They need to tell me what cartoon character inspired the name for the disease that these deer have.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there.
Speaker 2: Are three pictures, three different white tails that the room is looking at. They need to tell me what cartoon character inspired the name for the disease that these deer have. Steve with the quickest answer.
Speaker 3: I don't the right answer.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Just a guess.
Speaker 5: I had a perfect game going for three.
Speaker 2: This is question for tell me what cartoon character inspired the name for the disease that these deer have. You can see these photos on Instagram at Spencer Newhart or on meat Eater's YouTube channel. So your answer so many cartoon characters. Answer knows it should be a cartoon character. I think we're waiting on Brody.
Speaker 4: Write down the right answer and then cross it out.
Speaker 2: Joanny, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 6: Just a guess.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready?
Speaker 1: Does anyone know?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. Doctor Phil saying Rudolph Brady saying bow Winkle, Matt saying Bowwinkle, Brody saying Dumbo, Max saying Rudolph Giannis saying Bullwinkle. Steve saying Bullwinkle.
Speaker 5: It's bullwinkle.
Speaker 2: We have a correct answer in the room. It's Bullwinkle. Ye, folks got it right?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 8: Are you accepting where he wrote because he didn't write that.
Speaker 3: By winkle bullwinkle.
Speaker 4: Like Rocky and bowinkle.
Speaker 5: How I've heard it pronounces I met Bullwinkle.
Speaker 2: Disease is named after the deer's moose like snout that resembles bullwinkleed J moose. That's why we need to accept his answer, Steve, because his full name is bullwinkled J moose, which nobody can great.
Speaker 4: That was my that was my retort.
Speaker 2: This is one of the most mysterious diseases in all of nature. According to the National Deer Association, there were no reported cases of bullwinkled deer until two thousand and five. One study looked at ten deer with the affliction and found no known cause for the inflamed nos Biologists believe it's not fatal for deer, and their best guess is that it's caused by a rare bacteria. Our listener who wrote in with this question actually got a bullwinkled deer on his trail. Camera play the video Phil Funny, and our listener is trying to kill this deer as I was emailing with him. He was on stand hoping this buck would walk by. First reported case two thousand and five.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'd find that buck appetizing.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I'd have questions.
Speaker 2: Folks have wrote about maybe you should need them, just because of the uncertainty of what causes this question. Five, the topic is fishing. The North Dakota Game and Fish describes these bones found in pike as quote a major annoyance. Brody and Steve, with quick answers, Max and Yanni now joining them, are duck hunters, not as confident. They have yet to put marker to board. Here is the question. The North Dakota Game and Fish describes these bones found in pike as quote a major annoyance.
Speaker 9: That's bad press for pike man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they should.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it more after this whole side of the table thinks they have it right.
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: Because I saw how excited you were coming up with your answers.
Speaker 9: I got a lot of pike in my freezer right now.
Speaker 2: Phil and Matt, do we have an answer? There's the question one more time. The North Dakota Game and Fish describes these bones found in pike as quote a major annoyance. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have doctor Phil saying ridge bones, Brady's saying feather, Matt saying rib Brody, Max, Jannis, and Steve all saying why bones. They got it. The correct answer is why bones. Now, when they had this quote, they were actually explaining how to remove the y bones, so they were trying to change the pr around northern pike.
Speaker 1: They're not wrong, though they are annoying.
Speaker 2: They are annoying. Why bones are also found in musky, pickerel and all species of carp but it's unknown what their function is. Why bones can be dissolved through the process of pickling, but you'll have to manually remove them for frying or grilling. My favorite way to do it is the five fil a method, which you can find on you.
Speaker 5: Do you like the five fla method?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I started doing. I pickle them. And here's a hot tip.
Speaker 5: I'll call it a correction.
Speaker 2: Okay, you take.
Speaker 5: Those pike flaves, throw them in a food processor.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna make fish cakes. Huh.
Speaker 5: Then raw put them in raw.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: And let's say you got a couple pounds of pike, you food process, put some egg in there, put some other stuff that's good to eat. In there, red hot whatever. Put some bread crumb in there. Sure make a patty. Then you take that paddy and you roll that paddy and panco fry that gently.
Speaker 2: But if your hard is set, fry pan fry kid invended that. Okay, good called.
Speaker 5: Called sucker cakes with Pike Fell.
Speaker 2: We are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: That's pretty good game. You've only got a two point spread going. We've got Phil with two points, Matt, Max, Brady and Brody. I'll have three points apiece and in first place all tied up. I think, I would say are meat eaters Rocky and bowl Winkle, Steven Giannis. They've got four points apiece.
Speaker 2: Can you expand on that film?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Out of your neck and neck, you know, I think for the safe the sake of my job, I'm not going to decide who's who.
Speaker 6: You guys can do that.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is natural history. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Nick Dobrick for sending this great question. Nick is going to get a book signed by Steve. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. I can't think of a free trivia game because we don't have them in the office yet. Coming soon though, hopefully in about a month. When I read that part of the game show, they're going to be getting a board game signed by us instead of a book signed by you. This legislation was passed in nineteen oh six as a response to the theft of artifacts on federal lands. Again, the topic is natural history. This legislation was passed in nineteen oh six as a response to the theft of artifacts on federal lands. Steve is the only one to come up with an answer, yet Brody and Matt are now joining him. This legislation was passed in nineteen oh six as a response to the theft of artifacts on federal land? Steve, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: Sixty forty in favor?
Speaker 2: Yanni? Are you right there with him? This legislation was passed in nineteen oh six is a response to the theft of artifacts on federal lands. Now, I never watched Rocky and Bowlhenkle. I assume it was an older cartoon. Very funny, did you guys watch that?
Speaker 3: Was Russians in.
Speaker 2: Its Natasha all the bad guys are Russians.
Speaker 5: Well relative Boris was he the other one?
Speaker 2: So that was relevant When you were kids watching cartoons, it might have.
Speaker 6: Been old I was a kid, were a kid.
Speaker 5: But you didn't really have a sense of that at the time. It was you like if you sat down, you know, if you're like.
Speaker 8: Folks weren't home and you were able to watch a little tube, you know, after school, it'd be.
Speaker 5: It could just be anything, could be that. It'd be like Welcome Back Carter. You didn't have any sense.
Speaker 6: Of what was.
Speaker 8: But you wouldn't know that that was not a show you put on like USA Network or whatever.
Speaker 3: You just watch TV.
Speaker 8: It's like there's no sense like what's new, what's old, what's coming, what's going?
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer for question six? Go ahead and your answers, with Phil saying Native Bill Act, Brady saying no idea, Matt saying Arrowhead Act, Brody saying Antiquities Protection Act, Max without an answer, Giannis saying Antiquities Act, Steve saying Antiquities Act. The correct answer is the Antiquities Act. Should we give it to Brody?
Speaker 3: What right?
Speaker 2: He wrote? He had an extra word protection No I think he gets it right. We're gonna give it to Brody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the other day I can believe it when you gave me I wrote down like.
Speaker 9: Answer.
Speaker 2: Had a real problem with that, saying you could have been referring to many different things with that answer. The correct answer, though, was Antiquities Act. This monumental Act was the first US law to provide legal protection of cultural resources on federal lands. It scared off most thieves, but it was determined that the Act was too vague, so in nineteen seventy nine, the Archaeological Resources Protection Act was passed. Before that, some judges ruled that the Antiquities Act was unenforceable because of ambiguous language. Question seven. The topic is cooking. This is the largest spice company in the world which owns brands like Lauries and Old Bay. Topic is cooking. This is the largest spice company in the world which owns brand brands like Larry's and Old Bay.
Speaker 5: I know what.
Speaker 2: Matt and Max have an answer. Brody is joining them. Brady, Doctor Noah not come up with anything quite yet. This is the largest spice company in the world which owns brands like Lari's and Old Bay. Steve, do we have any Laries or Old Bay in the cabinet right now?
Speaker 8: I mean we might, if I mean, if we don't, it's not because I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I ued some Lur's season salt on some potato wedges.
Speaker 2: Just is that the preferred pronunciation?
Speaker 1: Low Re's you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm in do lately.
Speaker 8: This is stuff my daughter got all fired up about at the neighbor's house and I bought some.
Speaker 1: It's like slappyr mama.
Speaker 5: Oh that stuff is great.
Speaker 2: You gotta do better than this, Steve. If you want to check time, does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have doctor Phil saying Lauri's Brady saying Tobisco, Matt saying wrote his own last name, saying McCormick, Brody saying Penzis Max saying McCormick. Yan Is saying McCormick. Steve saying McCormick, McCormick. Okay, there's some creative letters in there. The correct answer is McCormick.
Speaker 5: Well, how do you spell it?
Speaker 2: That was a bone for I just couldn't. Just kind of sloppy here, and that's all I believe you. I believe you. The company was started in a Baltimore basement in eighteen eighty nine. As they've grown, so has their portfolio. They purchased Old Bay in nineteen ninety, Laurie's in two thousand and eight, and Frank's Red Hot in twenty seventeen. They recommend replacing ground spices every two to three years and whole spices every three to four years.
Speaker 5: See how Brody wrote Penzys was a very good guess.
Speaker 3: It's a great company.
Speaker 9: I love how Steve focuses on people beating that normally beat him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a great company. It's a great online experience. Sage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now I wrote that question before I knew it's more a.
Speaker 5: Premium it's a more premium brand.
Speaker 2: We've now had multiple episodes. Steve, you had your archery question where the answer was one of our player's last names, and we just had it happen again. What a coincidence. Question eight. The topic is Gear. This next great question comes to us via Steve Corson. These different tools with the same name are used to remove bark from logs and check ice for thickness. The topic is Gear. This is question eight. We will get a scoreboard update from fill the engineer after this. These different tools with the same name are used to remove bark from logs and check ice for thickness. Steve and Brody are confident, Max. Do you have this one right as well?
Speaker 1: I think so when I'm second guessing myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got no problem right now.
Speaker 2: Our ducky guests have yet to come up with an answer. These different tools with the same name, are you used to remove bark from logs and check ice for thickness?
Speaker 3: Do you know I used to peel logs?
Speaker 2: I did not, so you know you know both of these tools.
Speaker 9: Let's not cut the chip chat out?
Speaker 2: Got okay?
Speaker 3: That's uh.
Speaker 2: That's like the exact opposite of getting paid by the hour. There's no hours, I know. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when you were in.
Speaker 8: You just it's like you just wrote down how many you peeled every week?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: No one kept track of you.
Speaker 6: Have you had harder physical work as an actual as.
Speaker 3: A job, No, there's no.
Speaker 6: I've known a couple of log peelers and they say it's a crush man.
Speaker 2: Everybody have an answer.
Speaker 5: I moved on as quick as I could, and some.
Speaker 2: Know go ahead and reveal your answers with doctor Phil saying axe, Brady saying Hugh Matt without an answer, Brody saying spud bar, Max saying spud bar, Yanna saying spud bar, Steve saying spud. The correct answer is spud or spud bar. A spud that's used for removing bark is a blade with two handles at each end. They're commonly used by land managers who place logs on trails and woodworkers who want their lumber to dry. A spud bar that's used for checking ice thickness is a long piece of steel with a tapered and they're often used by anglers who are fishing on questionable ice. Steve, what is your problem with this question?
Speaker 8: A lot of log peelers use a draw knife, So I just I only had a problem if I got it wrong.
Speaker 9: Okay, Brody, that's where I was going. Okay, you know what, duck guys probably used spud bars now and then to check some ice.
Speaker 3: I hope, so.
Speaker 5: I avoid ice them. A lot of people call him ice chisels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So do we have a spud bar in the in your gait?
Speaker 8: We do have the the the poll for the motion decoy.
Speaker 4: And it's got a little spike on it. And if things get questionable, if you.
Speaker 8: Send them out with the Lucky Duck and they're out there poking around like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, boys, we have two questions left.
Speaker 5: Film the way that the Lucky Duck pushes it through that.
Speaker 8: Well, because I'm the biggest guy, I like to start with the smallest guy, Phil.
Speaker 2: Give us a leader board update.
Speaker 7: Sorry, guys, we got Phil with two points. Matt and Brady have four and three respectively and are no longer in the running for the win. But we've got Brody and Max with five points apiece and tied up in first place. Still are Giannis and Steve with seven questions.
Speaker 9: Time to get seriously honest.
Speaker 2: Question nine. The topic is fishing. This man who Jumped the Shark went viral in twenty twenty one when he tweeted out a picture of him holding a cutthroat trout. The topic is fishing. Steve and Brody are the only people to come up with an answer. Here's the question again. This man who jumped the Shark when viral in twenty twenty one when he tweeted out a picture of him holding a cutthroat.
Speaker 4: Trout, What can you explain jump the shark?
Speaker 2: All the information you need is right there, not going to help you anymore?
Speaker 3: Oh god it.
Speaker 2: Brody has declared that he got it. Steve looks tormented over here. Oh Brody, do you have the correct answer?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This man who jumped the shark went viral in twenty twenty one when he tweeted out a picture of him holding it. Cut god trout. Steve thinks this is going to separate him from Yannis. Yanni has yet to pick up his whiteboard.
Speaker 1: Who I mean tweets anymore?
Speaker 2: In twenty two years ago, one.
Speaker 8: Back now, he asked just how news organizations still can't put in parentheses?
Speaker 5: They're still like.
Speaker 3: Formally known as Twitter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone told me it's them.
Speaker 8: It's news organizations expressing disapproval x forming known as Twitter.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: The fact that the tweets are called tweets, it makes it so hard for the brand to change. It's not like Facebook, ex. Just I don't even know.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, not threads.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking of famous people's let's let's go liefish, Yanni, are you going to come up with an answer? Here is one more time This man who Jumped the Shark went viral in twenty twenty one when he tweeted out a picture of him holding a cut trout. Yeah, I prefer there's a hint for Yanni.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I got it bigger.
Speaker 9: Well, don't say it, just hold.
Speaker 5: Let's just wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Yanni. It's like you finished writing. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Phil saying, Steve Brady and Matt without an answer, Brewdy saying Henry Winkler crossed out the fawns, Max saying, Cole Wetzel, Jannis without an answer, Steve saying, Arthur Fonz.
Speaker 5: Arthur jumped the show.
Speaker 2: Henry Henry Winkler, He wrote down both correct and Arthur is the.
Speaker 8: Character who jumped the Henry Winkler is the actor who held up the fishing.
Speaker 3: Very girl.
Speaker 2: Correct. Trying to get him on the show, and what did he say? Well, one time it was let me let me tell you this the correct answers, Henry Winkler.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Steve, try to get him on the show. We're still trying to get on the show. One time we try to get him on the show, and it wound to be in that he was in Paris filming what you just do movies. But then out came uh French Dispatch, which is a phenomenal movie, and lo and behold, there's Henry Winkler in it.
Speaker 2: He was dunk in yet it wasn't even lying. Slight Magazine actually wrote an article about Winkler's tweets and later had to issue a correction saying that the fish he was holding wasn't dead and that the Fawns was actually practicing catch and release. The first time Winkler ever fished was in the nineteen nineties when his lawyer invited him on a trip to the Smith River in Montana. He never tried fly fishing before that because he's dyslexic and thought he wouldn't be coordinated enough to cast. Now he posts dozens of fishing pictures on his Twitter every year. Now the Jumping the Shark reference. Who would like to explain that to Max? Maybe maybe fill the engineer, maybe you could do it best.
Speaker 7: After Happy Days, after Happy Days had been on for a few years, you know, they were kind of running out of storyline. So there was an episode where the Fawns went jet skiing and he performs a stunt. There's like he sees a shark going through the water and then he jumps over it, so that when it people use the termo that show jumped the shark, it means that it's probably out of steam and should not like a desperate attempt.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: The two things I remember about that show too is the character Pinky Tuscadero, and then the Malachi brothers who in racing had a thing a maneuver called the Malachi crunch.
Speaker 2: Was the fall racing?
Speaker 5: No, they did.
Speaker 8: They were in the crash up Derby, and the Malatchie crunch would be they had basically like t bone in your car from either side?
Speaker 9: Was the fun where the Fawns and Richie Cunningham? Was that the same or two different shows?
Speaker 8: Or were they show Arthur Fawns Arelli rented like an apartment above the garage of Richie of Richie Cunningham's family.
Speaker 9: Okay, I couldn't remember if it's two different.
Speaker 8: And when he was wrong, he could so I make a joke that no one gets. When he was wrong, he couldn't say it, So he tried to apologize.
Speaker 5: He'd like I was rue, couldn't say it.
Speaker 2: Phil, we have one question left. Where does the leaderboard stand?
Speaker 7: It's down to Steve and Giannis. Steve has eight points, Honis has seven.
Speaker 2: Question ten topic.
Speaker 9: No, I didn't tie up with the honest on that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Should yeah? Phil?
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, well, hold on whiteboard. Bill is trying to eat uh chow main back there or something like that. What are we eating?
Speaker 3: Phil?
Speaker 7: It's noodles that are for all of you, that are just outside the door. I just got mine early.
Speaker 9: I just want to sliver.
Speaker 5: Well, how many times has Phil screwed this up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I listen, I changed my whole thing one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
Speaker 3: No, I've got Jannis.
Speaker 2: I've got Jannis with seven and Brody with six.
Speaker 9: Still I've been keeping doing.
Speaker 2: Should we do a recap just to make sure?
Speaker 5: Okay got it right?
Speaker 9: And I was yeah, and I marked it.
Speaker 5: No, you were at five?
Speaker 2: We were, Yeah, he was at five. He's got six.
Speaker 9: Honest, My bad.
Speaker 3: Trying to keep.
Speaker 2: Question ten serious around here. Question ten, the topic is hunting or ducks. This pop pose for Taxi dermy Deer, which comes in full and semi is supposed to portray a buck looking for a dough.
Speaker 6: What happened the other week too.
Speaker 2: Brady and Matt know the answer. Here's the question again. This popular pose for taxidermy deer, which comes in full and semi, is supposed to portray a buck looking for a dough. Yanni is coming up with an answer, Yanni, do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think I think.
Speaker 2: To go to overtime, we would need Yanni to get this right and Steve to get this wrong. Yanni thinks he has it. Steve, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: Twenty forty against, twenty eighty against?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh, This popular pose for taxidermy deer, which comes in full and semi, is supposed to portray a buck looking for a dough. Down to Yannis and Steve. Yanni, how many taxidermy dear do you have?
Speaker 6: Exactly zero?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna get the one at my mom and Dad's house someday.
Speaker 6: Like it, but I've been thinking more and more about getting one.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe this year? Is everybody ready? Max, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have doctor Phil saying lip curl, Brady saying sneak, Matt saying sneak, Brody saying flaman Max without an answer, Yannas saying sneak, Steve saying shoulder. The correct answer is sneak. Yanni got it right. We are going to overtork. The four main poses for shoulder mounted deer are full, upright, semi upright, full sneak, and semi sneak. According to one taxidermis, semi sneak is the most popular pose for taxidermy.
Speaker 3: Dear.
Speaker 2: These sneak positions are described as natural poses that bucks make during the rut when they're in pursuit of a dough. The upright mount is what taxidermists described as the bar Look, Steve, do you now did your humunculous kind of know that that it was no idea? And Yanni, your humunculus must have snuck in there. I told you that the answer was sneak. Is that the pose you think you'd go for?
Speaker 6: For sure?
Speaker 2: The partial sneak, partial sneak. How many shoulder mounted bucks do we have at home?
Speaker 4: I've got two two two for me?
Speaker 2: And what position are they in? Do you know? I have a semi sneak and an upright ready.
Speaker 4: Full and a semi sneak.
Speaker 2: I have a upright Okay, there we go. We're going to overtime. Play the drop, Phil, how they.
Speaker 8: Just cut it at if you ain't first your laugh and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 5: It's funny. I never liked it a philf Man.
Speaker 2: To break the time, we have a numerical question. Whoever's closest between Steve and Yanni will be declared the winner. But everyone in the room should play along because if somebody hits it right on the nose, we will add an extra one hundred dollars to the donation at the end of the game. The tie breaking topic is fishing. What is the max depth of Fort Peck Lake, which is the deepest reservoir on the Missouri River? Looking for the max depth of Fort Peck which is the deepest reservoir on the Missouri River. Steve, tell me about your strategy. It looked like you maybe wrote down the first thing that came.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna mess it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you've come up with a starting point, and then you're going to adjust for now. Yanni picked up his board as well. Yanni was also quick to answer. But now he's done some eracing on capptis Arker. When's the last time you boys were on Fort.
Speaker 6: Peck, probably right about twenty years.
Speaker 2: Twenty years ago, Steve, I imagine it's more recent than that. Yeah, okay, don't bother him. Let's try to figure out the max depth of Fort Peck, which is the deepest reservoir on the Missouri River.
Speaker 1: Do you want inches or feeter.
Speaker 2: We're looking for.
Speaker 3: Meters fathoms.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 6: You fish there a lot annually, at least I do. But you don't feel confident.
Speaker 9: I know it's deep.
Speaker 5: The fact he's heard that it's the deepest.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Yeah, all ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have doctor Phil saying eight hundred and fifty one, Brady saying three h five, Matt saying one sixty one, Brady saying one eighty three, Max saying three ninety two, and our two competitors left, Joannis saying ninety, Steve saying, is that six or five?
Speaker 8: I put what I had both that's a six six and Steve you, Steve, I just know that we have they have.
Speaker 2: A five hundred.
Speaker 5: I actually am too, because I.
Speaker 9: Know the deepest lake in montanae is and it ain't that deep.
Speaker 2: One of you, one of you is within one hundred and thirty feet is the correct answer. Yeah, the correct answer. It's two hundred and twenty feet, making Yanni pour winner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's so far away from that.
Speaker 2: To be frank, both of you had pretty bad guess it was a It was two hundred twenty feet deep.
Speaker 8: Dropping for blessed cot and I thought there was like a little gotcha element.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the hell.
Speaker 2: The deepest spot in Lake Awahi is two hundred and five feet. The deepest spot in Lake Chicagaee is one hundred and eighty feet. Deepest spot in Canyon Ferry is one sixty deepest spot in Lake Francis Case is one forty Yanni. You are our winner. Where is the five hundred dollars donation for meat Eater going to go?
Speaker 6: It's going to go to Coloradden's for responsible wildlife management.
Speaker 2: That's a new one. What do we like about them?
Speaker 6: Well, they are as at least as of right now, they're the ones that are going to be the tip of the spear. They're at the forefront of fighting this trophy hunting man that's going to be on the ballot next November in Colorado. And I've been speaking with I believe their president, at least their head chair there, Dan Gates, and he needs some money right now to fight the opposition campaign. So if you're looking to help out hunters all over the country, you should right now support these guys in Colorado. Because if you don't think that your dog that chases birds for you to shoot is similar to hounds chasing cats up into trees, just wait until they make that analogy and that connection, and then they'll be after your dog that chases birds as well.
Speaker 2: So fills Spencer, We get it, Yanni, Good on you. Well, yeah, five hundred dollars going their way via Yanni and meat Eater. Who is it? One more time?
Speaker 4: Yannie?
Speaker 6: Uh the sorry it's a long name. I didn't know about their their group here until recently. Coloraden's for responsible wildlife management And.
Speaker 2: When you kill that big buck in Wisconsin this year, he's gonna have to be in a sneak position in honor of making it to overtime.
Speaker 4: Semi sneak to get the w it's the one you want.
Speaker 2: Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 6: Thanks Spencer,