Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Plays Lounge.
Speaker 4: Here we are rolling on a Wednesday, and I'm here at the SWBC podcast studios of the Star World headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Hec Ma Harrison and Danny McCree.
Speaker 4: I got Barry Church with the day off here gods rolling into Buffalo and the best news of all that I saw earlier this week as we're talking about forty eight degree kick off for the Cowboys in Buffalo, New York. And I cannot stress how un unseasonably warm that is. And at the beginning of the year when the schedule came out, all of us are thinking Buffalo and December.
Speaker 3: Man, yikes, that'll be tough for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: But the wind will be a challenge. But forty eight degrees, Danny, yeah, the gate, that's that's that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: If I'm a player and I see forty eight degrees because, like you said, I think they think the same way we do.
Speaker 2: Some of them were on the team.
Speaker 5: Tyron was on the team and we went down the h went up to Chicago and it was negative ten degree with win Chield and they blew the doors off of us, and not because they were a better team than us. I really think that was one case of they were prepared and understood what they were getting ready for, and we, as the Cowboys, we were.
Speaker 3: Not Josh McCown game.
Speaker 2: I don't know who was quarterback in that game. I didn't care. I just wanted to get out of that. It was.
Speaker 5: It was that cold, and then the water and stuff was still cold because they didn't cut it on ahead ahead of time.
Speaker 2: So we couldn't really get that once. Yeah, it was, it was, It was. It was bad man.
Speaker 4: It was one of those where I had to go out like the early live shot, so I would I bought gloves, Okay, bought gloves. Then this ain't working with another pair of gloves, double gloved it.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir. It was a call went out like we're not going live. We're gonna take.
Speaker 3: You know, six o'clock live. We take that for five. We taked it.
Speaker 5: But the people in Chicago or they prepared, like they understand, like they know they've been knowing this.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: We ain't the same thing with Buffalo, like if you don't know, right, And that could be a real advantage for the teams up north use it all the time, Pittsburgh and even Kansas City when it gets when it gets cold there, people are like, man, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be gone like that.
Speaker 5: You better, you better make sure you're ready. So I'm glad to see forty eight degrees. One thing I did not think about when I was visiting colleges.
Speaker 2: What's the cold weather in Manhattan? Cole Weller came in. You was like, oh, this is different. This ain't.
Speaker 5: No man. So those I know exactly what you're talking about. Man, that don't work. It's a different kind of hawk out there. When Buffalo, New York is is seventeen degrees and uh, these guys haven't.
Speaker 2: Been playing in that.
Speaker 5: And then the flip side of that, then I was thinking, as you look at the season all year, as you look at the schedule all year, he thinks, man, they're gonna end up going to Buffalo seventeen degrees and then double back and go to Miami and it's eighty five degrees and the pendulum will been shifting. And when you said that about it being forty eight degrees, I started looking like El Nino or something's going. It's December in Buffalo. You don't have to worry about that part of it. I'm sure as a football team you're happy. You're happy that you don't have to deal with that.
Speaker 3: Look at this, this is this blessing.
Speaker 5: Right, come for everybody that's going very fat. Chris in the back, tell you, Chris Beam is good with that.
Speaker 4: I won't be there. I won't be there early on. In here, I get to pick the games I goes to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Oh, you purposely missed that one.
Speaker 2: So I try to do it.
Speaker 3: I jedi at you. I said, hey man, I'll go to Miami on Christmas. Oh, oh, you do that so you can have Christmas.
Speaker 2: You fell on your swords. You can go to Miami.
Speaker 3: Boy, there's a trick. You got to go to Buffalo.
Speaker 5: That's how they gonna close everything. You ain't gonna be doing what you're gonna be in the hotel.
Speaker 2: I ain't nothing gonna be closed.
Speaker 3: Actually, the boss came and told us not to go to Miami.
Speaker 2: So you're good. Okay, Hey man, sometimes it works out for sometimes it works out for it.
Speaker 3: Work out, Okay, man, it worked out. Okay, So this is just good news.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The wind, the wind is the wind in Buffalo. I mean, it's it's a challenge. And when we sent out the note and say I'm worried about that kicking streak for Brandon Aubrey because and Mike McCarthy were talking about unfamiliar opponent when you're going to kick someplace that's different, and you played Chicago for a little bit there, you understand that same thing with the wind. It is a different kind of thing. Robbie Gold for years mastered kicking in Chicago. Go Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New York is a different kind of place. It meant life stating that the wind matters there. So that's gonna be another interesting things exactly how the wind is that day up in Buffalo for Brandon Aubury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I played with Robbie Go too, And I think the thing with with Chicago was also like the grass, like their their grass was a lot different. It was high, and you see teams going there and struggle based on if it's summertime, well it's right into the fall, you're like, okay, guys are slipping around, or they're saying the grass is too high. They got to put their thick they long cleats on. And then when it gets cold outside, all the grass is already gone and now it's just freezing in windy. So kickers always have an issue when they go into a stadium like Chicago, and Buffalo is no different. We went and play Buffalo when I was in Chicago, and you know, both of both of us were out of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So it was one of them games like can y'all run the clock?
Speaker 5: Like we don't. We don't want to do none of that. But it was miserable. And it's the same, but they play on turf, so hope it won't be as bad. Hopefully that streak can continue going. I'm not as worried. It's hard to be worried about a guy who hasn't missed the field goal all season. It's hard to be worried about him, right y' I don't want the streak to be gone, but right now I do have ultimate confidence that this dude can make those kicks. And hopefully Mike McCarthy and his staff will not put him in a situation to where you're trying to kick sixty yarders out in Buffalo like you did here in Dallas.
Speaker 2: You probably adjusted, yeah.
Speaker 3: Forty five what you got here. That becomes an issue there.
Speaker 4: But that's where pregame Wemos and Christie Scales on the Cowboys radio broadcast. Nobody does a better job of going out there to watch the kicks pregame and seeing give you exactly a measure of what your kicker can do than then Christy does.
Speaker 3: She has a great job at that.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 5: I have absolute faith faith in Brandon Aubrey right now. I didn't at the beginning. You think about where you came with him from the beginning of the season and where you are with him right now.
Speaker 2: He's made you a believer in him. You'll call him butter now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, You're call him butter now because you've seen it. I mean yes, even last week last Sunday at the game, when he when we said we were going for a sixty yard field goal. I looked over at my son, I said, I can't believe It's why are.
Speaker 2: We doing this? Why are we doing this, so you pull a brachet. Listen, I did, I did? Did? He said on the radio, Why did he say that? Swear to god? I did? List like this, babe, I swear to god. I didn't like. I swear to God. I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you, I looked at my son and said, why what are we doing? It's sixty yards? And he kicked the field goal and Danny he had five more yards. Despair, I swell, you know, oh yeah, it's a smart move.
Speaker 2: Good kick. Sixty yards.
Speaker 5: That's crazy for a guy that has If the story is true, if the story is true, his girlfriend said you could do that. It is and he got up and say, you know what, you know what what a story?
Speaker 2: What a story?
Speaker 3: And hey, babe, you can do that.
Speaker 2: You can do that? Really can? Man? That's good.
Speaker 3: Well let's call that coaching. Okay, show up at a kicking camp and uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah. That's his white upgrade on the ring.
Speaker 5: Then, baby, you know what I'm saying, go ahead, look out for it, because I could have been sitting on the couch sometime. That's all you need a little push, that's how you needush man, that's how he.
Speaker 4: Did so, he was a high school soccer player and ended up going to Notre Dame on the play soccer. They won the national championship. And then Aubrey was a first round pick of Toronto FC. Just didn't have a career in the MLS, just just didn't go his way, which is interesting since he's going to play Buffalo this week run by Toronto and except just when they had to try out. And then next thing you know, he's kicking for the USFL. And for the second year in a row, the Cowboys have taken somebody from the USFL who's becoming an integral part of the special teams.
Speaker 3: And if he makes.
Speaker 4: The Pro Bowl, that would be wild to think that the Cowboys would in consecutive years take someone from the USFL and then make.
Speaker 5: The developmental Yes, everybody in the USFL is like please please, because it's just now you really have to go there. And I know they scout the talent, but now it's it's real of like, hey, we can really go out there and find some guy. They found two back to back, and now turping is a weapon on offense as well.
Speaker 2: And then Brandon he hasn't missed a field goal all season.
Speaker 5: It is and I've always I've often heard you talk about the point marchin in the in the NFL being you know, two to three points. And I feel so much more confident in those last minute situations with a guy like Brandon Aubrey because you could just see him being able to get you out of a bad situation. If struggling on offense, defense, struggling it's a close game, fourth quarter, all you need is sixty yards, That's all you need. You're in that situation now where you get the ball with a minute and half left and instead of trying to score because you worried about hey man, it's about here, go make this. We need to make sure we still they agree because we're not sure. Now you in a situation to where hey, we're gonna play keep away from the other squad, and we got that type of confidence in our kicker to say, all right, three seconds left, we can keep it for three seconds. Then we believe that we're going to win this game because we have.
Speaker 2: But that's different.
Speaker 4: You go back to that Niner game last year in the playoffs and how scared you were to send out Bretmyer go. I couldn't even got sport. This is a different type of situation if you were in another close game and you have Brandon Aubrey out there, and the ability for Mike's thinking and just as you said, you play calling thinking if we just get three and let's just say it's two possessions in this game, where you just get two long field goals fifty plus, that's six points in a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Six points and that's massive.
Speaker 4: Sixth in the regular season versus six is a big old difference here, and going on the road and being able to do that that can really make a difference.
Speaker 2: For this team.
Speaker 5: Yesterday raised the question about the playing at home versus That's another thing. How good he's been at home with field goals, so you know, and then Super Bowl is in indoor facility.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is if you get home field advantage, home field advantage would give you the opportunity to be kicking indoors throughout the play. I'm not sure. I don'tkay, I'm gonna take it this. I know I'm gonna take it there now I'm going to pigging it back off. What new he's saying to act like I did not hear some of those words that you said, two of them, just to piggyback off new and say this, Yes, those six points can keep you in the game. Like the difference between like being able to go down there and kick a field goal when you're down fourteen or seventeen and get some momentum to where you can't and then you have to go for it on four because you feel like the only way you can stay in the game is get a touchdown because you don't believe in your kicker. It is huge getting three points before half if you down momentally, just they say, hey, man, just get some points. All we needed some points. You have an opportunity now to say, thirty seconds left, we made it to the forty five yard line.
Speaker 2: We got a shot.
Speaker 4: Nine points in a field, you know, nine points in a playoff game from your kicker.
Speaker 2: It's huge.
Speaker 4: And you start looking at how these playoff games go, and so I think the young man could be an advantage.
Speaker 3: And and now you've got you know.
Speaker 4: Your your last three games at Buffalo, at Miami, Den Detroit, and at Washington. So he's going to have the opportunity to kick in three outside venues that are not at and t standing, which to me is just that that's something else you got to look forward to. Now if the Cowboys end up as a wild card you're talking about and right now, this is the craziest thing between NFC South. You've got Tampa Bay, Atlanta, New Orleans. So two of those are indoor facilities that you uh that that you be kicking in, and then the other one is Tampa and Tampa.
Speaker 3: Tampa and January ain't bad, you can be okay. We you know, we were there last year for the playoff game.
Speaker 4: You know we remember going down there last year. It was like, okay, from a from a kicking standpoint, you're okay. Maharst still made that adventurous.
Speaker 5: But you know, I know we had mentioned it right before we got on air about this, the possibility of us passing up the forty nine ers Eagles getting the first seed, and we were talking about the forty nineer schedule, and I really believe that the NFC West is a extremely tough place to play no matter what the records are. So as I'm looking at San Francisco what they have left and they got the Ravens coming up, they got the Cardinals. This week they got the Commanders, which okay, and then.
Speaker 2: You finish off with the Rams got two good games? Who is you got two good games?
Speaker 5: But since Kyler Murray has gotten back, the Arizona Cardinals have looked totally different.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: They have looked like most of the for the most part, a team who can compete and extend drives on offense to keep them in the game and the NFC West. To me, I don't care what the record is. If Gino Smith is playing last week, that same Seattle team that came here on Thursday, they have an opportunity to make that a really really close game against the San Francisco and we've seen weekend and week out. It don't matter. We have as the number one squad. They can go out there and lose to anybody. So I think, in my mind the hope for us to still get that number one seed and stay out of the wild horse spot if we handle our business, I think it's still there. I gotta let me ask you, as a former player, do you start the not clock watching, but schedule watching. Do you start adding up and looking at it or do you say to yourself. We control our own destiny if we just went out because you're right, the NFC West, anything can basically happen right now. Well, you can say that you're not clockwatching our you can say, yeah, we gotta focus on ya. Come on, man, You're like, you're gonna play your game for three hours and then you're gonna go home and you go check and see what the rest of the NFL did, especially the people who are in your way for possibly getting the number one seed. Now, when you playing the game, that's not what you're thinking about. But you sitting on the couch, are you after practice, and you're trying to figure out, all right, what's next. It's hard for you not to think about what's on the line when these other teams are playing, because we all we all go watch the film that.
Speaker 4: Can tell us he not, but we know Tad brothers tell me, hey, Philadelphie's got at Seattle got the Giants, then they got Arizona, then they got the Giants again. So and look, by the way, all of a sudden, this Giants team is not just some more easy dub. They're sitting here fighting. They are fighting here. And then we talked about Arizona with Kyler Murray. They're fighting you, They're not just rolling over and dying here. And uh don't don't know if Gino Smith is back this week at all for Seattle. But it's not an easy place to go win games up in Seattle.
Speaker 3: It's a challenge.
Speaker 5: You saw what the Rams just did with Baltimore. Who we look at Baltimore. So you look at the Rams, you say, Okay, they're healthy now, Cooper cup poop in the cool, they got the running game going, Matthew Stafford healthy.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm looking at the schedule.
Speaker 5: I'm saying there's no easy ride for them to get to get that number one seed.
Speaker 3: Sean's got it.
Speaker 4: Sewan does have Kyle's number the last five four five years. He's got his number. So so we'll see. But you have to control your you know you've got You've got to go to Buffalo this week and handle business because you o oh, by the way, a point and a half to a two point underdog, depending on what odd services that you're looking at. Let's take our first break here and how do you limit Josh Allen. Let's dive into that with heck Maherrison and then Danny McCrae Berry Church with the day off from Newly Scruggs. This is the play Is note brought to you by Tostitos on the Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothie bowls into two new deck In and flavor dig into a Coolie or Patalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh starberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzles, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart, either no eye in blue star or a those star for that matter. And there's no eye in how about them cowboys smearing nos? There's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys fans. Sameir enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly back.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: DeMarcus Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboys numbinee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott Faith Fight Finished Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet support using the hashtag wpmoy challenge. Voting ends on January the eighth vote for Tank.
Speaker 4: Tank does some outstanding work and I'm glad to see he's been recognized. He's been doing it for a number of years. And that's kind of how unfortunately those awards work. You know, it takes you a couple of years for people are recognized. But he's been doing some good stuff for a long time here, So so good luck to Tank and no, by the way, everybody who's been nominated, and Danny mccraid, you know, as a former player, man, there's a lot of guys across this league doing a lot of good things who just don't always get the recognition for it.
Speaker 3: And some guys don't really seek it either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's and it was kind of unsung heroes sometimes, right, because Tank was one of those guys who's been doing it for a long time, like you said. But then you have guys who who I have much respect for at the top of the roster, who are able to do that type of stuff. But there are a lot of guys at the bottom of the roster who don't make as much, don't have as much security in their teams, but they no matter what team they're on, how many times they get moved from city to city, they still find a way to give back. And I think those guys deserve to be mentioned as well as some times of like hey man, you on the fifty three, you don't even know you in a bubble and whatever city you go to, you make sure that you find a way to make an impact and give back. And those guys are the guys I have ultimate respect for as well.
Speaker 4: Ty In Tekey of Arlington. Yeah, he played Washington, played for the Cowboy. Everywhere he's gone, He's always trying to give back to the Arlington I SD and he's got some businesses out there. So I remember his golf tournament that he had over at the Cowboys Golf Club and Dak Dak, who hadn't at that point in time, Dak had not even played with Tyan Teck showed up and you know that looked way out there up north and came all the way down over the Grapevine for him, which just shows you one what kind of guy Tie is and two what kind of guy Dak is.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Now, every time I hear about these guys doing these great championship, you know, champion efforts in the community, it warms my heart to hear, like you said, it got at the bottom of the roster doing that, especially during times like these people don't talk about it enough, like some of these charitable networks, that the things that they do, the team does. I know from my wife telling me about different things that they did yesterday's Salvation Army. This is the time everybody needs to get in regardless. I know we're talking about Man of the Year and all that, but it's a perfect time to say, especially during the holidays, a lot of people don't have it. So you know, these efforts and people like Tank, people like Tyinge that do the greater good, like we need more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, understanding?
Speaker 4: All Right, Cowboys in Buffalo this week for Week fifteen, the Cowboys are a point and a half to a two point underdog in this game. This is about Josh Allen. Okay, the Bills go as far as Josh Allen goes. He's got fourteen interceptions. He leads the National Football League in that department. How do you limit Josh Allen, especially coming off of what we saw Jalen Hurts was able to do against the Cowboys last week.
Speaker 5: It's tough because I don't want to sound like I'm like, I'm like I'm being rude or offensive to Josh Allen. But okay, mind, you just gotta let him play like because what Josh Allen has proved is he will give you the ball. He will make sure that there's an opportunity for you to take the ball away from the Buffalo Bills. Right, if you figure out a way to stop the run against the Buffalo Bills and you put make Josh Allen put everything on his shoulders where he has to make all the throws, he has to make all the runs. He's proven that he's going to give you the ball, right, and what do we do as the as a Cowboys defense?
Speaker 2: Take away? Take the ball away? All right?
Speaker 5: So you play the same defense that you've been playing against a guy like a Jalen Hurts right where you make sure you in your rush lanes where you making sure that you don't let the guy extend plays, right, that you plaster.
Speaker 2: When he does. But then also you know, hey, man, the longer these drives go, the more.
Speaker 5: Chance it is that Josh Allen is gonna find a way to give us the football, all right, So play your defense, be sound in your rush lanes. When it's time to plaster, plaster, make sure that that's that Stephan Digg's guy, all right, see Steph on Gilmour, And that's the matchup that we want to see out there. But I think that's how you how you gotta do it, man, Josh Allens is gonna find a way to give it to you. Make sure you stop the run against this guy and put it all into Josh Allen's answer. But hey, you know to pick you know the nickname I got for him, he gonna give it to you. He gonna sprinkle it on that, he gonna sprinkle it on there. And so you said it up. I mean you said it all about him in the way it turns the ball over. But I think how you stop him as you stop him from getting in rhythm rushing, he's a big part of the rushing game. He's big man, he's big, strong, a six five two forty and he leaning on you and he is like with reckless abandon he doesn't care about taking the licks in the running game, the tush push.
Speaker 2: He ain't trying to do all of that.
Speaker 5: And so I think that's what makes him so hard to defend, is when he's running the game, running the ball and he's moving the chains.
Speaker 2: But it's Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 5: When Stephan Diggs is that guy that when he's getting off he's having a good game, everybody else kind of feeds on that. And so there are other components to their offense. And James Cook, I also believe Dalvin Cook's little brother. When he's when he's catching the ball, he's just as much as the weapon as any other running back in the league.
Speaker 2: And so you have to limit that.
Speaker 5: Our linebackers Marquise Bell, our guy from LSU. They're gonna have to be on their game this week. I mean not only up front, but our safeties are going to have to watch for a guy like Josh Allen because, like you said, the same thing last week applies this week. Well, you know the other issue is now you got to go watch film their officer coordinators.
Speaker 2: Who Joe Brady.
Speaker 3: Where was Joe Brady at Carolina?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Joe Brady.
Speaker 5: Was in bad tone ruge. No no no, because he was not good in Carolina. Okay, he lost. He lost that really quickly. Okay, chance, I'm gonna pass that up. Yeah, I'm gonna pass that up. And I'm gonna go back to LSU where he had this prolific office of twenty nineteen. But what you see, since Joe Brady started calling the places, they run the ball a little bit more, Buffalo has not been a running football team.
Speaker 2: I've seen him be willing to.
Speaker 5: Run the ball a little bit more, which is why you see a guy like Cooks all of a sudden being a little bit more impactful in the game. So you have to stop you, you gotta stop the run. That's Josh Allen and that's Cooks as well. And then, like I said, just put it. Let the man give you an opportunity to go. They gonna give you what you said, pick who picked six? We gotta give you for another one? Okay, Like who's gonna find a way to give it to you, especially if it's a tight game. That is almost a guarantee.
Speaker 4: That's been interesting to look over Stephan Dicks's numbers here last game against Kansas City four catches twenty four yards, played Philadelphia six catches seventy four yards.
Speaker 3: Well know, Philly be giving up to everybody.
Speaker 4: The Jets four catches for twenty seven yards, then Denver three catches thirty four yards.
Speaker 2: And then uh defenses right there in November.
Speaker 4: Fifth against the Bengals six catches eighty six yards. So you know it's been it's been hit or miss for Steph. Fun So as you said, a good defense.
Speaker 5: That's a defense you just name right there. Man, goodness, girls, that's that's a gauntlet. But you still got to find a way to make the players I should. I still feel like him and guys like von Miller, even though like say, for instance, von Miller. Von Miller is a guy that don't let him, don't let him start. Don't he gets one, he's gonna get two. Uh, try and stay on. And it's not And you're right, Stephan Dees is not having a year that he has had in past, but he's still a dangerous receiver. He's still dangerous at home. And I am I wanted to be a step fund step fund matchup, but I don't think. Hey, it's not It's not gonna be easy anywhere around them for those wide receivers. Man, they got some, they got a pretty good group. Yeah, listen, Seth fun I think I think that droun blnt. I think our defensive backs right now, looking at their chops and and and and they should be just based off of what Josh Allen has done in the past.
Speaker 3: So who gets the pick? Josh giving him up?
Speaker 4: Fourteen? Okay, fourteen? I guess I can't remember how many in the row it is. But he's been he's he's on the street.
Speaker 2: You know what I just saw. I just saw it. I just saw Marque's you just saw. I just I don't know what happened.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just saw I looked at you and I saw Bunky's still coming across the middle underneath coverage getting interception.
Speaker 2: That's what I saw. I don't know I saw last week. You know, they come in bunches.
Speaker 5: Who you got, who gets you know what? I think Gilly gets him. I think Stephan Gilmore gets him. Yeah, I mean he's an old, savvy veteran. He's a guy that can set traps for a guy like Josh Allen, and I see him getting them. Because I think that's gonna be the matchup.
Speaker 3: Coming back home, coming back to where he was drafted to Bill.
Speaker 2: I think that's going to be the match up.
Speaker 3: I'll go with Blad.
Speaker 5: It's been a minute, it haven't been that long now, if folks, and they're starting to stay away from but I just want to.
Speaker 2: Say even gave Davis. Gave Davis for them.
Speaker 5: Net wide receivers are interesting, you know, because gave David six two two ten. He's a big dude. Turn into him. What's the Dunton Dunton k? But he's questionable, he's questionable and he's not on my fantasy. You know, they always find a reason to play when the Cowboys, you know.
Speaker 3: This is true, this is true. The fans show up.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a sellout, guys know, I mean here it is the Fox has the game and sending the number one team out there.
Speaker 3: I think for that only once.
Speaker 4: This year has have the Cowboys not had a network's number one team.
Speaker 5: Do their game. I cannot remember the JITs we had jumped the bilma with my god, your own people usually my man, my man, my man, my man.
Speaker 3: It was the Arizona game, I believe was it.
Speaker 2: I believe it was Josh started quarterback and all the I can understand that. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was either Arizona game or the New England game. It was it was.
Speaker 5: I guess we did have a few, yes, probably one of those. So how far ahead do they book what they upset? When a Rogers got hurt and the name sending out one uh crew for the New York Jets game, and then you find out, you know, he's not playing, then you.
Speaker 4: Still send him out because it's the Cowboys and it's the Cowboys home opener, and you just say, New York Dallas, you know you're gonna do it out there. I remember one year, sorry, but it was one year when the Cowboys were down too offensive tackles and they had to go face the Jets, and the Jets were bad, and CBS had Romo and Nance out there, like, how in the world is this the game.
Speaker 2: Of the week. It's the headline still and.
Speaker 4: Next thing you know is another JG special. The Jets went out there and won the game. It was like, you know what, man, the networks, they.
Speaker 2: Know Romo was calling. I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was just but they you're going to send out your number one crew because the Cowboys get you the most ratings that they just do and people can talk about No, it should be American teen. Whether you like them or hate them, you care. And I can't tell you how many times I go on the road and I see not just the fans at the game, it's the people at the hotels who don't even have tickets, who just want to be around. What I saw in Jacksonville's, Man, that was some unholy stuff I saw in Jacksonville that hotel. It was unholdly well. I was like, I don't know, yeah, I know, mostly all ain't going to this game. Got boomboxes and the dog on lobby. You know, it's early Wild.
Speaker 2: Show, super Bowl picks too. That's your fans, man.
Speaker 5: But you don't know that, but I wanted I want to ask you this, man, you think about that for Buffalo all the flashbacks to those Cowboys Super Bowls, that's that's gonna play out all week long, for every Buffalo Bills fan that's going to see Troy with Michael Irvan and Miss Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you mentioned in this word again? What do you mean? I'm really time. We're gonna say these two words together before we decide. We just gonna just know what I'm saying. But dog saying talking about.
Speaker 5: But don't act like, come on now, if they have to relive it, if they have to relive it.
Speaker 2: Boy, he was looking out. Oh yeah, it is what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Man, You don't think it's no bad memories for Buffalo Bills fans.
Speaker 4: Halftime halftime, that Super Bowl twenty seven game is dead, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's a long time.
Speaker 9: Ma.
Speaker 5: Man, I only hear that. Man, it's still gonna play. They gonna have to see it. They gonna have to see it. They have to remember it. Come on, now, where were you at? Where were you at?
Speaker 2: What the Super Bowls was happening?
Speaker 4: I was, It was my first job and I was finishing college as I was working my first job and I was finishing college when they won that game.
Speaker 2: You're right, it was a long time, I said.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson was a halftime performed.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, you know what, we both had hair too.
Speaker 4: I had him, Yes, I did. All right, let's take a break here. How many Cowboys do we think go make the Pro Bowl? Let's dive into that next on heck Maherrison, Dani MCCRABNWI Scrouts plays Louge Body by Tostino's Right Here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool iaie or pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 3: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 6: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the.
Speaker 2: Press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Press Scot's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 3: Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Loud.
Speaker 5: Experience the magic of the Dallas Cowboy worldhead Quarters at Christmas time. Available through the holiday season on select dates only. Christmas Tours of the Star get your VIP viewing at Our Boys Christmas Extravaganza, a holiday theme goid it tour of the Star and festive takeaways including limited edition ornaments and Santa's hats.
Speaker 2: Space is limited.
Speaker 5: Book your visit at the Star District dot com slash tours.
Speaker 2: Today them tours be lit too.
Speaker 5: Boy, come on man, how many do we have come through here on a daily basis? Man, we've seen at least three or four in this forty five minute span that we that we are here. And they get to go see the locker room, they see inside of for Center. They hear all the great story the stories you're talking about with the Super Bowls and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the old super Bowls, not the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: But they see all that Hall of Fame, you know, the statues, all that Jerry talking all over the place. So yeah, they love. It's a good Christmas present. Hey, the stuff that you get used to seeing each and every day. People walk by and just like in amazement. Now this is this is amazing. This whole building is amazing. The jacket outside, come on man, with the ship, come on man, we'll not even just the building, the whole area with the Sar district at our district.
Speaker 2: And they got the names on the ground and all that stuff and art and all that. Yeah, and it's a great spot.
Speaker 5: But especially during Christmas, especially during Christmas, I mean the Christmas tree outside everything it's lit.
Speaker 2: With the tree and the only way we can have.
Speaker 5: Chris be Chris beb this is bad, this bad TV radio or whatever. Man shout out, shout off the camps to me, Chris Camps. No, but listen, listen, listen about about this Josh Allen thing. I know, because I know it's not just me.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't want it to get into this because now everybody is starting to turn on that. Do we give Josh Allen too much criticism for all these turnovers that.
Speaker 2: He gives away? How can you know you.
Speaker 5: Can if you just you consistently lead the league and turnovers, how can somebody over criticize you.
Speaker 2: No, it's consistent now for.
Speaker 5: Me, for me, Josh all of the what Josh Alla is getting as far as the turnovers, it's warranted to think about last year DAK fifteen twelve. Everybody talked about that, but nobody talked about Josh Allen. But for me, he missed, he missed, he missed, he missed some games. Now it still was up there with no. No, No, it's warranted criticism, especially with the amount of games that he played in the turnovers. But I'm saying, Josh Josh Allen year in and year out has missed that same criticism and has always been amongst.
Speaker 2: The elite quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Even right now with the turnovers, nobody's looking at Josh Allen and saying, oh man, it's having a horrible year. He has what fourteen turnovers right now, fourty to something like that, but twenty four touchdowns. Dak leading the league in touchdowns six turnovers so far this season. You could talk MVP race, you can right now. It's him going head to head versus Josh Allen, and the narrative couldn't be written any better. The opportunity for Dak couldn't be any better because he gets an opportunity to win head to head versus a guy that when people compare them, they always give Josh Allen the upper hand over Dak, and I don't see it.
Speaker 4: I think it's a And last year's perception with Dak Prescott leading the league in interceptions.
Speaker 3: Was that this is who he is, this is.
Speaker 4: His career, and what he is is a turnover prone quarterback and the Cowboys can't win because of that. That was what was pushed out there, and he spent a whole off season battling Now, whereas Josh Allen and you look at it. For the last four years, nobody has led the league in turnovers more than Josh.
Speaker 2: That's who he is is.
Speaker 4: But it is erased and people are giving excuses, Oh, you have a run game, you gotta do this, you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the.
Speaker 4: Frustration for Cowboy Nation is they say, wait a minute, now, how are we going to do this. Let's do this fairly. And if you're Dak Prescott, you just have to know this comes with the meal. It truly does. It's not about fairness. You know that people go say crazy things and wild things and perception is this or that. But he has the chance now with four games left, Heckman to control every narrative between at Buffalo at Miami, I mean, two places that are notoriously tough to win at in December. Then you get a home game against Detroit, and then you finish the season on the road of the Commanders, who are basically playing out the stream because that whole staff is going to be fired. He's got the opportunity to go out here yea and right, and he talked about writing his own story.
Speaker 3: He can go ahead and write a heck of an Indian.
Speaker 5: And knew it's not the dark criticism For me, it's not just wrong, it ain't right.
Speaker 2: It ain't right.
Speaker 5: It's disrespectful and it has been and you see it changing. Look, here's the thing. Dak probably don't care. He don't care about the people that are doing the about face. That's what I'm uncomfortable with. You can't just be saying Dak is trash. He's not this, he's not that, so all of a sudden, oh my god, he's MVP like no.
Speaker 2: Is their difference?
Speaker 5: Is there a difference between last year when people were saying that Dak missed a certain amount of games was a five? How many games he missed and still and still led the league and interceptions and saying wow, that's bad to now him coming in and say, I know it was an issue. I won't throw ten this year though, I'm telling you I won't throw ten. And the people that were saying, hey man, that don't look good, that don't look like the deck that we're used to seeing to now this year saying okay, all right, this is this is actually a little better, especially since the bye week.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't think it's necessarily a.
Speaker 5: Flip of like, how you this is not everybody like not Shady McCoy and those type of guys. I'm talking about people who are really being critical and fair about what the players are doing on and off the field. Last year was an anomaly to me, but he still led the league and turnover, so the criticism was there. And this year he's an MVP race because he's leading the league in touchdowns and doesn't have but he had two interceptions over the last five s. Like, I think it kind of plays out of them, but I keep what.
Speaker 4: Heck was saying is like, where's that same intensity for Josh Allen when this happens there? And I don't know if you watched the game on Monday night and dan Orlowski could not have been palm palmming more for that dude from Kentucky Will Levis. I mean, my gosh, whatever mistake he made, it was glossed over, it was was met with some love and tenderness, and then he end up winning the game and next thing you know, he about to put put him on on a level of both Carson Wentz.
Speaker 3: We know how he loves some Carson Wentz.
Speaker 4: But that's all my issue is just like the intensity level of how this stuff goes.
Speaker 3: It's one thing.
Speaker 4: For these guys and certain others, or as you said my radio show, what I was doing back in the day.
Speaker 3: It's interesting on who we choose to condemn and who we choose to forget.
Speaker 5: Now, when I think about the little Will Levis thing, I'm looking at Dan, I'm looking at Dan, and I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's seeing himself.
Speaker 5: He's seeing himself as as like being in that position and then getting an opportunity. So he's judging it subconsciously or not. He's judging it in a way of saying, I feel a little bit stronger about what he's being able to do based off what he has in the position that he was in at the beginning of the year. And I can say to me, I feel the same Like when CJ does good, I feel a lot better than I feel about when Daker anybody else does good. If there's a undraft, the free agent that gets in and plays safety or cornerback, and all of a sudden he's playing really good on defense, I'm ready to give him more props than I'm really to give anybody else, just because I know that's position that I came from. Yeah, I have a it's a fine line between constructive criticism and just hate based off of what you was just talking about the guys that you're the debt for every dan In Orlowski, Bart Scott, all those guys that just play the heel on shows. To say that we going to make this very interesting in our assessment of who we think Dak Prescott is.
Speaker 2: Oh look, this.
Speaker 5: Guy has been good for a number of years and having got the credit. When people talk about top ten, top five, whatever, his name is never mentioned.
Speaker 2: They don't talk about him. It's cool, it's cool.
Speaker 5: So right now for the pendulum to swing to people saying that he's the MVP, I'm fine with that also. But what I'm saying when it comes down to the next couple of games, he already started with Jalen Hurts and the head to head matchup. Next week he has our man Josh Allen next. The week after that he has tour a Tongue of Valloa, all right, and then after that against the Lions, he gets an opportunity to go against a guy that with Carson Wentz, they always said that that guy was better than Dak Prescott. Look at what he gets to do head and possibly take home that hardware for the MVP. Yeah, and he battling with Party and you know Perty got the win over him already, so and I don't get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I was talking on boy Chris Bussard yesterday. Chris was on TV, you know, pumping up the party there. I said, Chris, how can you be MVP of the league if you're not the MVP of your own offense?
Speaker 5: That's that's a cold blood that's a cold bloody question. And the thing is he's like a victim of his own success. Is pretty but look at I mean, he's also delivering the mail. Don't make me defend Purtty because I don't want to. But all I'm saying is I've seen this young man deliver on throws, run that offense and be very efficient.
Speaker 2: And I think that's how he.
Speaker 5: Gets against your football team. That's how he gets.
Speaker 4: Not That's not my debate is whether not he's a good player. My simple thing is, can you be the MVP of the league if you're not the MVP of Your's hard to do.
Speaker 5: That's hard because if you play quarterback you can't because there you quarterbacks, there.
Speaker 4: You go, because I think all of us would simply say if we were on the forty nine ers and we were sitting, hey, who's the team MVP?
Speaker 3: We write down Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: And to sit up here and say, in a national football league where you're supposed to have fifty eight fifty writers who vote on the award, come up here and say, these are the brightest minds of football, tell me run the CMC.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's the MVP of the forty nine ers, But we're gonna give party the MVP the league.
Speaker 3: I just I find that amazing to me.
Speaker 5: That's almost like the hot Look not, it's almost like the Heisman.
Speaker 2: It's a quarterback award. It is.
Speaker 5: It's a quarterback award, which you expect to give it to the quarterback.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give it Geno trip.
Speaker 2: Not like but true, but you understand it is. That's what it is. We're gonna give this award to the quarterback. And we're not.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, man, you have to give a cheat of credit for the year, the season that he's having. He's doing something that is crazy from a numbers aspect.
Speaker 3: So if you had a vote, would you vote party ahead of run CMC on your ballot?
Speaker 2: Never? Never? I mean because I'm watching it.
Speaker 5: I'm watching it and I see it, and I see the difference that Christi McCaffrey is.
Speaker 2: What about you? If you had a ballot right now.
Speaker 5: I would not, but I have to see how the rest of it plays out, because they still have some games.
Speaker 2: But your team is number one.
Speaker 3: Based on after fourteen weeks.
Speaker 4: If you had a ballot to fit put put down, would you put run CMC ahead of Perty No.
Speaker 5: I would put run CMC as the MVP of the San Francisco forty nine ers, knowing that the NFL is a quarterback league in that that award usually is going to go to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I do understand how they're going to do that.
Speaker 5: You know, to one, give San Francisco somebody with an MVP because in CMC not winning it a of Dak Prescott, he's not winning it above these other hills.
Speaker 2: Now they're not winning it.
Speaker 5: So if you're gonna if you want to make it a competitive race, okay, the number one team in the league and he's and he's I don't want to take anything away from he's playing well. He played well against US, he played well against Philly. He has consistently been able to put great games together. I'm talking about four touchdown, three hundred yard type games. So his stats aren't just they're not nothing.
Speaker 2: The dude. The dude is playing very well.
Speaker 4: They like Magic and Kareem right now. They both have a great years, but you know, only one on could be the MVP. All right, we'll pick this up tomorrow. Danny mccraig good talking, Heck Maherrison talking. I'm Restrutch players, not body by tostitos Y Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.