Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross Birsday, you're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where.
Speaker 4: There is so much energy on this show. We blew a circuit out on the plaza. They got the electric truck out there. We tried to burn down Kurt's house last night.
Speaker 5: He's not here today.
Speaker 6: He had a some uh, some technical difficulties.
Speaker 5: Could you say that's technical? Yeah, I guess it's technical. Is that technical?
Speaker 6: It's the technical I guess had difficulties.
Speaker 4: We'll let him tell you about it when he comes back next week. Kurt safe, he's good, he's healthy. Everything's good. So it is fifty seven degrees, the highest sixty, the low is thirty five.
Speaker 6: Do you have lettuce in your beard? Oh?
Speaker 5: Do? I? I had a sandwich at the cord Okay, knocked out.
Speaker 6: Just he is nate with this Christians in the back man, I've salting pepper poppy together. We make hanging with the boys. The sports talk a quil of the brow people when we speak.
Speaker 4: Brought to you each and every day about wingstop where flavor gets it's we and in the in the the theme of the week.
Speaker 5: I brought diabetes in the can again the last day. Prolleens. I don't know if y'all like prolleens.
Speaker 6: But no, I'm good, thank you God.
Speaker 2: The trump still really from the there from from the cinema.
Speaker 5: They are really really good.
Speaker 4: I think there's one hundred and thirty grams of sugar in each one of.
Speaker 7: Those that looks like and they're so good, square inch of them.
Speaker 5: Goodness, they're so good. So Mama Gross sent those.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Was in the kitchen baking domestic.
Speaker 5: She baked another another deal of cinnamon rolls this morning.
Speaker 6: So that's Harris's type, right there.
Speaker 4: Man, funny, that's funny. We will not have a show tomorrow. No, why are we not having a show tomorrow?
Speaker 2: We could but me you and uh and I just ain't from Lissa, I will you what I'm your.
Speaker 5: W that's so disappointed.
Speaker 6: So you want to do a show tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Hey, the time slot's open.
Speaker 7: So we here, Me and my man were coming, We coming, We are here.
Speaker 6: That's what. So you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: At eleven o'clock minute before the show started, you said good, because I don't want to work tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Why are you working now?
Speaker 2: Because now I want to hear what you gotta say for forty five minutes?
Speaker 4: Because you say, oh so now, Chris, how long we got to talk to get paid?
Speaker 9: Because I will give you one minute more than that, and I will two segments.
Speaker 6: You gotta go.
Speaker 7: That's we'll be here tomorrow.
Speaker 8: That one pump, right, that's what that's happen to keep.
Speaker 7: Me from going out of town?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, go out of came man, by the way, we just found out ago and typical Nate fashion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, since we might not have a show tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Well this is such a man thing what you're about to say, though, is it? Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 5: Happy birthday tomorrow, Nate. Yeah, I didn't even know.
Speaker 6: No, I think you've been working for him with seven years, but didn't even know the same birthday every single year. But that's man, right, Yeah, we don't remember birthdays.
Speaker 5: We don't put it on our calny.
Speaker 8: You didn't know, did you just see until he said it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: I usually wait, somebody usually tweeting me, or you see on Facebook, or well, I don't have fishbook.
Speaker 2: The only birthday I ever cared about, it's my sixty first birthday.
Speaker 6: That's like grill. Yeah, I know that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: For a whole year, I had sixty one on my phone. For a whole year, I was selling everybody I'm sixty one.
Speaker 7: I was born in sixty one out of my football and I was sixty one.
Speaker 9: What we should do tomorrow for Nate is first birthday is is you need to send a mass text to all your friends and tell them to call eight eight eight eight five five ninety seven. See how many of your celebrity friends and wish you.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday exactly one of them.
Speaker 7: I may be sitting in one on them crib tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Let's see how many who the most famous person Nate can get the call.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought to Darren will see yesterday.
Speaker 9: No, that's nothing. Darren was on storyline about two hours ago.
Speaker 2: But the better thing was when me and him hung out. Yeah, he just came in. Yeah, I scared us.
Speaker 9: He scared Hiatus out of out of Nick eat Man. He just jumped on the show and Nick was like, someone's in my room. He turns like, oh it's Darren.
Speaker 8: Sit down. Really he just came in.
Speaker 5: That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: Yep, it's a pretty good pretty good dude, pretty good.
Speaker 6: Get Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, happy birthday, Happy early birthday, Nate. We will let you guys know if we're gonna have a show we're doing. If we're doing birthday shout outs.
Speaker 7: Today, today, we shouting out today.
Speaker 6: I'm shouting out cat Mama, Cassandra, cat mama.
Speaker 7: Cat, cat, cat cat.
Speaker 5: She got a lot of cat.
Speaker 7: Cat.
Speaker 6: She has no cats, she's she's dogs. But we called the cat mama in college. But my good friend Cassandra Waddell, Happy birthday, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah happy so uh you know my uncle Jeremiah. Yeah, I'm hotting out my uncle Jeremiah his birthday today. Yeah, popping birthday to day too. But you know that's okay.
Speaker 6: How are you tomorrow?
Speaker 7: I'm sixty three, bro, sixty three, man, I think three.
Speaker 5: I think it's like you're a piece of work.
Speaker 6: Man, No, No, you are a piece of work. Something else. Yeah, we got guys. You encurreage both of your fifties, right, So forties, fifties, sixties, what are you? What are you, Chris forties, late forties? Yes, easy, my bad, that's late.
Speaker 5: I bet there's no other show that has four decades covered.
Speaker 7: Mickey doing sixties.
Speaker 5: Wait, three decades, three decades.
Speaker 6: The decades, not centuries, three or four decades.
Speaker 7: But Coach Bella said, covered a lot of decades. No, man, Coachee, I love you, coach.
Speaker 4: This is one of those shows where we could just sit here and not be not talk about the game at all.
Speaker 5: But since it is the last show of.
Speaker 11: The week, at least the last show, Jesse'll be on to be determined if we're gonna we're gonna do tomorrow or not. I had something on the tip of my tongue, and I completely forgot what it was that was not happening.
Speaker 6: Your fifties happened a long time, but you had that that letters was like really deeply and better than your.
Speaker 7: What type sandwiches you for to get like that?
Speaker 5: It was a it was a it was a sub sandwich.
Speaker 7: Did you get it from seven to eleven?
Speaker 5: I did get it from seven elevens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you.
Speaker 6: Go as a sponsor. So I won't say anything the.
Speaker 5: Roller grill, the roller girl. Okay, no, I didn't get it off the roller grill.
Speaker 6: They don't have the Cubs roller girl.
Speaker 5: I'll remember what I was gonna gonna say before the end of.
Speaker 6: The show, hopefully.
Speaker 4: All right, So Kurt gave us his rundown, So we'll go through some things, and I have a question for you guys.
Speaker 5: These are Kurt's words, and I.
Speaker 4: Think I have a little bit of a different take because I kind of agree with this, but I kind of don't. Kurt's first bullet point for all the headaches that Parsons brings, guess he's worth it. Since his return, Dallas has twenty four sacks and six games, the most of the NFL in that span. Also have thirteen takeaways, which is third. My take on that is, does he really bring that many headaches? Yes, he has a podcast, Yes he talks, he talks, he airs laundry out outside the locker room, but a talent that's as good as his. Like, those aren't really headaches, right?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 5: Or are they? I guess? Is my question?
Speaker 4: Like it's it's as a fan, you're like, man, just you know, you don't want him to do.
Speaker 5: Some of those things.
Speaker 4: But in the locker room and on the field, does that stuff really matter when you talk about I mean a guy that caliber, if it's a practice squad guy, yeah, you're not gonna put up with some of that stuff.
Speaker 5: But I mean, are they really headaches or are they just like.
Speaker 6: Surprise of doing business. That's what I was gonna say, It's surprise of doing business with the superstar. And that's the part that you got to just take the good with the bad. Now, all of that is fine and dandy now, because the talent is at a top tier, top top, top, top top, there's.
Speaker 5: A tipping level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when that talent is no longer top top, top tier, We've seen it happen here before. It's it's passion, it's enthusiasm, it's all these things. Now the talent begins to dwindle a little bit, then it becomes a distraction, a headache.
Speaker 7: And very very annoying, annoying and the thing very very annoyous.
Speaker 6: For Michaeh. I think you're absolutely right, Like that's.
Speaker 5: A good word annoying.
Speaker 6: Mica is not not getting arrested, right, He doesn't have any cases. He just not there's no domestic situations, there's no guns, there's no none of that. It's none of that.
Speaker 5: You don't see him out partying after losses or.
Speaker 7: To the games.
Speaker 6: So that's that's the part that you go, Okay, cool, Like we can deal with the sometimes speaking out of turn or saying things that probably shouldn't be said publicly. That's the price of doing business, right there.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 6: That's just that's just that's like saying, if you're gonna be a cowboy, the price of doing business, you're gonna get horseman on in your boots. That's just the price of doing business to be a cowboy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, PFF, we know how Kurt likes PFF has. Tampa Bay's offensive line ranked third, allowed only four pressures on thirty pass plays.
Speaker 8: Last week versus the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Tristan is it worse and worse?
Speaker 5: Left tackle is ranked sixth among tackles. So pretty good, uh, pretty good offensive line? Nate. You you like what you see what those.
Speaker 6: Guys, Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: I mean are they as advertised?
Speaker 7: They're they're run game.
Speaker 2: They have over two thousand yards as a team rushing fourteen games in at about five right, at five percent, find me five yards and average that that is tremendous. Right now, they have Bucky Irvin at eight hundred and something and uh the white kid at three hundred and something, and that's not counting their passes together.
Speaker 7: They have ten touchdowns rushing.
Speaker 6: Let's be clear. His last name was white white. Yes, he's not the white kid. Yeah last name, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you, jes Now, I want to make sure that mighty.
Speaker 7: I mean, I didn't care what color was.
Speaker 6: You need to stop this, dude.
Speaker 5: You can see some people out there now they got a white running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they would get and see unlike I felt like Carolina remember last year, Like man, Carolina got.
Speaker 7: A high ranked off his line.
Speaker 2: But if you game and snapped them and twist on them, you can get them. This team a little bit better than that. You you may get them a livid on the games. It's stunts, but not like last week, because they gonna get their running game going.
Speaker 7: They they they gonna. They are stubborn about that.
Speaker 6: So Liam Cohen, who is the He's in that next tier of hot shot names that you'll hear talked about. Not this year next year. Right this year is the slow sister Ben Johnson's and company. But Liam Cohen is one of Cohen is one of those guys who they're gonna start talking about, uh in the near future. And we're we're getting back to the point where I said it yesterday. We're playing teams that are good as or better than you. And the one thing that this team does and I don't even I didn't even look at kurse notes today. Uh, We're about to start facing another team that does a lot of pre snap motion and that has been that has been the achilles heel for this defense as a whole. When they're all healthy, when they all together, when the tank was in there, Michael was in there, and when everybody was motion pre snap motion, they're gonna do a lot of it. They're gonna do exit motion, right it is when the when you have a receiver or the back exit out towards the sideline. They're gonna low inline motion where that receiver of back motions into the line of screamers. They're gonna do cross the formation motions when you go from when you cross the center from one side to the other. They're going to constantly be moving every single play there will be someone moving and the way that they layer their past plays, it gives Baker Mayfield the answers right now, and it's all about the matter of him completing it because a lot of times when you watch that that Chargers game last week, I mean, they'll have something short, intermediate and they'll have something coming right around that, and whether they do it is just you know, he comes available first and second and third, and so their ability to to have these routes begin to come open at the time that you need them to come open is really really good. And then to Max's point, getting that running game going, they're gonna have to dance. They're gonna have to dance in up front this week. And so there's gonna be a lot of guys who've shown themselves to be players in the last three weeks against those lesser opponents. You want to get the heads of, you know, the people turning and agreeing that you are that guy you start, you know, from the defensive standpoint. From the defensive standpoint, there's a lot of Mazi and you know osa Osa, Carl Austin, all those guys who you know Lewis Marifoule to start right here.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about that when we come back.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Mayfield and the running game the Cowboys are up against and kind of the run that they've been on. What they put together the last couple weeks on defense.
Speaker 2: You don't want to forget. And we'll have a segment and about you. Oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna get it in there before the end.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna get it in don't worry.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll be rid back. How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 14: Christy juicy classic wings, sauceted, tossed and those are letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your labor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official wings of.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Order now by download the Wings stop out ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey, Cowboys fans are twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig.
Speaker 6: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 12: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek cow about.
Speaker 13: Them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets. They sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars. As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 12: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles, we got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smear enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: Back to hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: The second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Thank you blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Jane Kurt thinking about you. Y your local seven eleven and grab your favorite item from the roller grill.
Speaker 5: Then enjoy a big golf for just eighty nine to six big golf.
Speaker 4: Ballot of participating stores. Fill up at pup eight and get ready for game day. Game day, All right, Jesse brought up a good point. You're getting a little bit of a temperature check this week. You've been on a little bit of a roll the last couple of weeks on the Cowboys defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 5: They have not allowed one.
Speaker 4: Hundred rushing one hundred yards rushing total in the last two games. Now they were against Cincinnati and Carolina. Cincinnati, you could argue you know decent Carolina not so great.
Speaker 6: Well they against the Chargers, I find out, keep talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look it up.
Speaker 2: You're talking about their defense against the Chargers. They gave it like thirty forty yards against the Chargers.
Speaker 5: So what what?
Speaker 4: What have the Cowboys been doing different the last couple of weeks too, because the running game has been an issue since what the last.
Speaker 5: Four or five you're talking about our defense? Our defense?
Speaker 4: Yes, are they doing anything different or is it just not good teams in the rushing game that they've been playing in Carolina.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of all that. The teams are not been as good. Ye give two rushing the Cowboys have been better. They the coach is stuck to it a little bit more. The games have been closer, to have loud and to stick with it a little bit more. And you got to look at your quarterback, and you got to look at Youlviens Vermond when it comes to the past and protection. So you know, due to all of those things factoring in, uh now, they've been able to build some type of momentum and get a little confidence. But I'm telling you they they gave up less than ninety yards ninety three against the team before the Raiders and they gave up. Only you know, I'm just talking about their defense.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about our defense, our defense man, our defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are they doing different against Carolina and Cincinnati because they haven't allowed one hundred rushing It's just they play bad teams.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say like, I don't want it to like sound like that, but they're playing bad teams. Yeah, they're they're playing bad teams. And so when you when you do that, getting micro back helps And I said this a couple of weeks ago, how does he help the run game.
Speaker 7: Defend the run game?
Speaker 6: Michael, Yeah, he's getting a double team. So when he gets a double team getting one on one, you get one on one coverage. You know, you know on that. But again, the competition matters. That that like I can't say that enough. I cannot say that enough. That the competition that you're going up against absolutely matters. And so if you're telling me that these teams are in the bottom third in the League of Russian or having them, you know, rush against them, then you see how the success the Cowboys are having. You know, they're they're doing that because because you can't you can't make me believe that anybody we put at guard was better than Zach Martin. You can't. You can't leave me to believe that people are afraid of Cooper Rush at the quarterback spot. Now you're playing competition that's a little bit less than what you are, equal less than equal, less than you are you're able to have, not equal, you know, you're able to have a level of a level of success. Make no mistakes about it. Getting Micah back in the lineup, and like I was saying, you know, Micah is fresh, MICA's fresh. MICA's usually isn't fresh. In December, those four games that he missed, you're thinking about, that's four games of extremely wear and tear that he burdens every single game.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a month of your what six month season.
Speaker 6: Right that you're and you caught it like kind of right in the middle. So you were like, you know, you got you got some time to be fresh. And so now you have a player that just he's just fresher now. And and that's the first time he's been able to have this type of impact in the month of December or late November December. Has he been in this league.
Speaker 4: So do you see a big the you know, Irving and uh White that you talked about earlier.
Speaker 2: This is the order in which I think the Cowboys get attacked when we play teams that are equally greater.
Speaker 7: First of all, you have.
Speaker 2: To go back to what your real nemesis is, that is stopping to run. And it seemed like if we could just slow down the run, the next thing they hit us with is tight ends. Then the tight ends become effective. And then the last, but not least, they are at least running backs on us catching the ball out.
Speaker 5: The receivers.
Speaker 7: You never hear me really get debate the receivers.
Speaker 2: I think we always seem to have a way with receivers except the Cincinnati kid. That right there is just run fing to halve. This kid came with a purpose. So but every other receiver I don't worry about. But running backs and tight ends. If we stop the run game, then I look at running back and Bucky Irvin is that guy.
Speaker 6: They are to me, Gibbs.
Speaker 2: And Montgomery is the number one tandem Detroit. It gives us out. So now this tandem, Bucky and White are the number one tandem in the league. Running backs they can do it all and more importantly.
Speaker 7: They can go to the house. I mean they can take it ninety yards.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: They are second in the league and yards per carry it five point two. They have Irvin ranked as fourth. PFF has Irvan ranked fourth and White as eighteenth running backs, So they have two running backs in the top twenty in the league.
Speaker 2: They are they are legit. They could easily be ISO backs. What I mean by that is they can be their team's lead back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know if we had those guys, I would I would. I would probably be fire because I would demand that the Cowboys fix their offensive line. I would you like, y'all need to hurry up because you this you don't want to waste. This is a town. You don't want to spend that bucket. Even kid, this guy is special.
Speaker 4: Their second in the NFL and yards after contact with one thousand and thirteen to put it in perspective, Dallas's twentieth with six hundred and forty eight are they are?
Speaker 2: They tough runners the quick It's called contact when you hit them.
Speaker 7: They still can gain yards.
Speaker 2: Whether they breaking a tackle or falling forward, they still is called contact. He'll run after contact. They got contact balance. It just excites me. The more, and we talked about this earlier in the year, the more everybody's trying to get away from the run and go to passing.
Speaker 7: People are realizing that our quarterback ain't all that.
Speaker 2: So we mout have saw it, figured out ways to get these passes to these backs coming out of the backfield because one of them went to the bench in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about we'll talk.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about Baker Mayfield in the final segment talking about the quarterback, but Jesse talk about Mike Evans. He's maybe the most non talked about. Is he still elite right now? There's just some stats of his career. He's ninth all time and touchdown catches all time with one hundred and three, third among active players in yards twelve four and twenty nine, and seventh in catches at eight hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 5: Is he still playing at a high level.
Speaker 4: He's probably not elite, but he's probably in that second tier.
Speaker 5: Like what does he bring? He's a big, physical guy. Like what do you like his game? What do you see within his game?
Speaker 6: I think you hit it all in the head. Right, there's a big guy, physical guy. You know, an extensive catch radius, still runs decent routes as a red zone threat. I mean the knowledge that he has of this game is you know, ten eleven years going, he's going, Yeah, so he's chasing. He's chasing that that thing too, you know, being eleven, you know, eleven consecutive views with at least that's unbelievable. That's just a model of consistency.
Speaker 5: Why did he never get why was he never talked about?
Speaker 4: I mean, he's he's been one of the best receiver in the league.
Speaker 6: He don't talk.
Speaker 5: He just does his business, does his business.
Speaker 6: And you know, when he had a chance to go elsewhere to get bigger money, he just took the money that he wanted and stayed in and Tampa wonted. In his career in Tampa, is that rare wide receiver that the nones like, He's not like.
Speaker 5: Like I Cedric Wilson type, let me play.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean, but but Mike, Mike is I mean, he's just a model of consistency. Like at this at this point in time in his career, nothing that he does wows you. But there's nothing that he can't do right, Like he's still going to get open uh, if he if he gets if you give the if you give the plane some running room on the runway, he go, he gonna run it in from fifty sixty yards in'll you'll get an end zone to catch this.
Speaker 5: You worried about him this game? Or are you more worried about the run the run game?
Speaker 6: No, the run game. Yeah, the run game. But I do think the way they designed this offense, and Liam Comb designs and called his offense like you know, it's death by a thousand cuts. They can just cut you up from many different people to the running back, see you know number fifteen, the tight end, Mike Evans. I mean, they're they're just everybodys shepherd. Yeah, everybody, everybody getting a little bit, everybody getting a little bit, you know what I mean. And Baker's finding them. Baker's playing a good brand of football too. So I mean, Mike is just Mike is just a really good at this point in time, his creaze just a really good wide receiver who can get open, can still play at a high level. Not an elite not an elite guy. But you're talking about him going up against Warrior or Izzy or you know, or one of the other guys at times, because I don't think I don't think they have Blad travel with him like he gonna make some place and and he coming back home. He ad Texas boy.
Speaker 2: Let me say this, you can think what you want when they say first and ten, whether it's starting on their own ten down on your ten. He's gonna be in the game. He ain't wanted the receivers that like to run in and out. He's gonna be in the game trying to make every play that he can. That's to me, that's a complete receiver, you know, because he gives himself a chance by being the older wise guy, all the opportunities.
Speaker 6: He can get.
Speaker 2: The block for you as well, so that that when when I look at him, I'll be like, but he's not my worry. I mean, somehow somewhere, I think we'll be able to handle that, you know, unless unless the other kid want to show up, Jalen McMillan, unless he want to show up the tight I'm just scared of the tight ends in the running back.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 5: They got a nice tight end too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, talking on him es if we got time.
Speaker 4: Break talk about the tight end. The quarterback and predictions.
Speaker 11: Kurt.
Speaker 5: Kurt mailed his end, so we'll give you his hell.
Speaker 8: He's mailed it in.
Speaker 6: Trust me. Do you think you think it's Wi Fi still work?
Speaker 4: Uh No, that's from the all right, I'm gonna finish this cookie.
Speaker 5: We'll be back. See I work myself in. You're right back heng with the boys.
Speaker 14: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy? Classic wings sausty tossed? That those a letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys, and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Order now by download the wings Stop out ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry us pros where rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott Kitts it slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, Investigate your icons where everyone is a rook in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 12: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 12: Seed Gig make it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 6: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 12: Selling tickets to Cowboys football games or to any other live event.
Speaker 6: Seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 12: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected Seat Geek.
Speaker 7: To Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of the week on Hanging with the Boys. Brought you each at every show by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboy Ways.
Speaker 5: We decided in the break that no show tomorrow, no show, So there you go. We hugged it out.
Speaker 7: He didn't want to be spotlight people.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid of what Nate's going to bring up. So I'm cowering and in the shadows.
Speaker 4: No show tomorrow, so you have to get your field today. So we will give you our predictions before the end of the show. But let's talk about the star. I guess you could say the star of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, uh, local favorite. I guess he's one of those guys that if he's on your team, you love him because he's cocky and arrogant and he's got that fire.
Speaker 5: But if he's not on your team, can't stand him.
Speaker 4: Everybody's got that friend, right, what what what does he bring?
Speaker 5: Is he good? Is he average?
Speaker 4: Is he you know, he's he's not a real big dude, but he's fiery and he's you know, he's a Yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: A he's a gamer. Like that's what Baker is. And the gift and a curse about a gamer is emotion, the emotional roller coaster. If he gets going, he can hit you for five hundred yards, Like, he has that ability, if you know, like, if he gets really going, three fifty to fourhundred yards is not a wild speculation. And Baker gets going. But he's also a guy that if it ain't going right for he can also throw three interceptions, you know what I mean. But for the most part, the way that he's playing under this this this play caller, Liam, he's just a gamer man. He has the physical traits. Well, he may not have the height that you wanted the quarterback. I mean, he can sling the football. He's not afraid. He's athletic, he's mobile. He'll he'll tuck it and run six foot one. Yeah, he'll tuck the football and run and makes him plays. Sometimes he and they can speak more this from an offensive linemen perspective, But he'll sometimes dance his way into a sack, you know what I mean, instead of being where he's supposed to be or just settling in the pocket, he'll get the back there and he's he's he's moving. And yeah, now that the lineman can't figure out what the hell is going on because he's he's the fin of doing all that, and next thing, you know, he run into a sack, you know, and so uh, But Baker, he's a gamer. He is the he's the tone center for that offense. He's the guy's gonna talk trash, get him hype. But he's found that he has found a home in Tampa. You know, he got the deal a year or so ago, and so he'll be there for a little while.
Speaker 12: I mean.
Speaker 6: Elite, no below average, no like he's in that. He's in that tier of uh he could be. He's in that bus driver tier that you know that, but he's more of a like.
Speaker 2: You know, his his bus got a little bit of seen the movie speed less than fifty five five?
Speaker 4: Is this a fair comparison. He's almost like the evil twin of Jameis Winston. Not in the dial they play, but how they're streaky and they can throw you in a game out of a game. And Jamis is that positive ray of sunshine energy and Baker is the little devil you know. Yes, they're both energy, you know, and our teammates love them and die for them and run through that wall.
Speaker 5: But you don't know what you're.
Speaker 6: Gonna He'll know what you're gonna get weekend and week out. Yeah, Baker may be a little bit more consistent than Jamis, but yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: Want them both micd up every week.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't mind it. You would get some great content from it. You would get some great content from both of those dudes being miked up.
Speaker 13: How do you?
Speaker 7: How do you?
Speaker 8: How do you?
Speaker 5: How can you get to him where he doesn't get on a roll?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 5: You have to pressure him a lot?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it putting more men in coverage? It's going after him?
Speaker 13: Huh?
Speaker 6: No, You got to go after him. You have to make him panic because sometimes his panics where he make his dumb decisions. This offense won't really allow you to just sit back there and those coverages. And because they got them telling you when you watch this offense and from the from the receiver pass cutch Er perspective, there's always gotten they have. They have answers for whatever thing you're gonna do. And coverage, well, you have to get Baker is. You got to get him where Baker he has that he has that Brett farv mindset. Or I can make any throw without the Brett Favo, you know what I'm saying. So, but he'll be dancing, dancing, rolling out next thing, you know, he'll see you come open and he'll think I got enough arm to do it, and he'll side on whip that thing up there and it's intercepted, you know what I mean. Or he'll try to throw back across his body and for everyone that he'll complete. The next one he'll try again intercepted, or he's you know, doing something, doing something the fumbles. So that's the thing about Baker. You pressure him. He tries to make those yolo plays under pressure because of his athleticism and his mobility, but at times his mind just doesn't what he wants to do, and what actually happens when the ball is his hands probably isn't the what the coach would want.
Speaker 4: They are third and third down percentage at forty eight point three.
Speaker 6: A lot of that's because of the run game. A lot that's because of the run game.
Speaker 5: Those short yardage.
Speaker 6: There, I mean, they're they're in third and they're in third and short. They're in third and three, third and two. They're not they're not finding themselves behind the sticks because you know they're they're able to, like you said, those running backs five five five yards to carry. So when those guys get in there there.
Speaker 5: How nice is that to have to average five points?
Speaker 4: What is it five point two yards of carry to where you know you you're almost guaranteed we hand them the ball on first down, we're gonna be six yards or less to get a first down.
Speaker 6: What what a luxury?
Speaker 2: Some teams have injuries like the Cowboys, and I think maybe we would have probably been even money if we would have stayed healthy. I think we'd probably at most would have been even money. We two games under right now. But I believe that if this team would have stayed healthy with their wide receivers, I think right now, it wouldn't be a doubt they'll probably have ten wins. You know, yeah, they you know they would have ten wins. That's how talented and good I think they are.
Speaker 12: And so.
Speaker 6: Because they got and they.
Speaker 2: Don't have a bunch of studs, but the studs that they do have on defense, they can ball.
Speaker 7: They can flat out ball.
Speaker 10: And so.
Speaker 2: Man, we're catching them where it's this time of season and just we've been here where you fighting with Atlanta right now. Atlanta's just inserted their their rookie sensation that they think at quarterback, so you can't slip against us. So everybody's ultra focused now because everybody's trying to get their playoff position solettle five where they are. No they can do in this last week. Do they gotta play everybody? You can sit a few guys, So everybody trying to get in their seats, they where they belong. So the Cowboys ain't finna catch nobody's slipping.
Speaker 7: They got to come to play.
Speaker 6: Bro, they got it.
Speaker 2: So we'll get to judge. We get to judge these players. We'll get to judge them the next three games.
Speaker 4: Cowboys are a four point underdog at home. Forty eight and a half is the over under. What do you each one of you guys, what do you what do you think the key to the game is, what do you think the Cowboys have to do to win the game?
Speaker 5: Offensive or defensive? What's the most important thing?
Speaker 6: Stop the run?
Speaker 14: Stop the run.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna have to control the clock with touchdowns. You know, I'm not saying you got to run no ball, no thirty five forty time, but you're gonna have to get an end zone if you're gonna beat this team, because they they only giving up like twenty three points a game, even against when they're getting beat four games in a row. When when when Evans went out and these other kids, they got to beat four games raw and they're still on average not just giving up more than twenty six points a game. Yeah, they got a defense man. Coach does Todd Todd balls does a great job.
Speaker 7: He's all he mixed it up.
Speaker 6: He'll he'll he'll let for a rush.
Speaker 2: But whenever he thinks he can confuse you, he gonna bring five and he gonna give you a different look every time. He trying to bring those five guys. So your quarterback gonna have to be on par And the way Jess's been talking this kid kind of this year, not throwing great anticipation.
Speaker 7: He better throw some anticipation.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you on Sunday he lost those he lost those cup kicks up like he did against Xavier Woods, and they're gonna be intercepted this week. I'm just telling you. I'm telling you like he trust me. That's all you got to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you tell me about the tight end because he came in strong hot with their quarterback tight end.
Speaker 6: No, I mean he's a good I mean big guy, like big target. I think it's like six foot four, six foot five. And the kid can play like. The kid can play like. They a lot of these guys that they have are some of them like up front and you know defense, some of these guys are the leftovers from the Brady years, right and so, and it's a mixture of what these coaches wanted and how they wanted to build this team. So they like the bigger receivers on that offense. Right, So the tight ends of pass catchers they got. Godwin's got some size, Mike Evan's got some size, you know, and the tight end was Cad Cad out and now the kid can play. The kid can play. He's you know, three or four five catches the game is what he'll probably he'll probably get So it's going. But again it's it's those guys really get going when that when Bucky and Rashad White, when they get their stuff going. Now those guys committed to the line of scrimmage, and again they are there. They are layered route runners. Their scheming concept. The way that they layered these three layers, right, you have the shallow intermediate and something at you know, plus fifteen, a deeper route, and they have that sort of mix in all of them. They do bunch sets. You're gonna see motions and that's been the biggest thing for the Cowboys. Can they stop pussing that motion and you're gonna see a lot of that?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 5: Prediction time, Nate, what you got?
Speaker 2: If we win this one, Bro, it'll be in the last Wane in moments, put Wane in moments, if the Cowboy Wayne moments.
Speaker 5: Kurt got them.
Speaker 4: Kurt's going on the home route, He's got him twenty three twenty one, Chris.
Speaker 8: What you got, I'm gonna go, Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Twenty eight twenty one, Big Golo twenty eight twenty one, or Jazz or Josh back there. Either way, what's he got? Thirty four to twenty Cowboys thirty.
Speaker 6: Four, I am that's a lot.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of points.
Speaker 4: I think the Cowboys special teams are gonna get redemption this week. I think they're still fighting even though they're not in the playoffs. I'm gonna go Cowboys twenty seven to twenty four. Jesse, the voice of reason, bring it, bring it home.
Speaker 6: A part of me was like, man, you haven't picked the Cowboys of winning the weeks. And I'm like, halfway right, halfway wrong. I find it hard they gonna win this football game.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 6: I think. I think Tampa up front is going to create the things that gave them difficulty all year long, even last year, just that moving force up front and Bucky and Rashade White, Bucky Irving and Rashade White, those two running backs, the white kid, the white Kid, the white boy. I think I think those two guys are gonna have a day. So give me Tampa twenty four, Cowboys seventeen.
Speaker 4: Twenty four, seventeen, And Jesse does not have a stat of the Week because we sprung this.
Speaker 7: On every one last minute.
Speaker 6: I'll give you on tomorrow, we.
Speaker 7: Won't be here tomorrow you'll call in, but we'll know Monday. Yeah, what Texan without show Monday Tuesday?
Speaker 6: You can trust us. We'll let you go.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is what I was gonna say earlier.
Speaker 4: You know, we're the most watched show on the Dallas Cowboys Network on YouTube by far. And I've tried to figure it out. I've looked at it and said, maybe it's an algorithm thing. Maybe it's because we have hanging. Maybe it's boys. Maybe it's hanging that's in the title. Maybe people are looking for weird stuff. And I had a revelation this morning whenever I was getting you know, getting ready this morning, and I was in the mirror with the best damn looking show in the building. That's why people want to see us talk. They want to listen to all these other people. They want to look at us when we talk, so they watch us on YouTube.
Speaker 5: That's that's it. Only with the people show were the most viewed show on YouTube. We're the best looking show, a handsome bunch, the most handsome show. That's what they.
Speaker 6: Said, and that's what I figured out as well. Who's the number one guy that y'all think that y'all come to watch it? They said, Chris Bean, So what you can't see me?
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're watching just to hope to get a glimpse of I'm like the Wizard of Like you're like a jackalobe.
Speaker 5: People think you exist, but they're not really sure that jack You don't know what a jackelobe is?
Speaker 6: A jackelbe Yeah, half rabbit.
Speaker 7: Read books growing up, you did not read a lot of.
Speaker 5: Jacket's a jack rabbit? You ever sing a jack rabbit? They're like this tall. They're with their ears, They're like that. They have antlers, they have little little spike antlers.
Speaker 6: Jack Lobe.
Speaker 5: Look it up. It's kind of like the troop of Cobre.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's.
Speaker 5: Some people say they're real, some people say they aren't.
Speaker 7: Kind of like a Bigfoot kind of No show tomorrow.
Speaker 5: What's the schedule next week?
Speaker 6: Chris? Do we know yet?
Speaker 9: Every day except crisp us oh Christmas Eve? Okay, if you don't want to let me.
Speaker 6: Know, he said, every day except Christmas. So you guys, yeah, you can.
Speaker 8: If something happens and you can't do it, then we can adject.
Speaker 5: Everybody else is here. I'm here. I just making sure.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Nate birthday, big Fellow, no show tomorrow to enjoyed their birthday tomorrow, Jesse, good seeing you, Nate. Good seeing your Kurt. Hope everything's okay. We'll see you on Monday. Chris, thanks for keep us on there. Yes, Josh, thanks for keeping him company. We will be back Monday.
Speaker 5: Victory Monday. Hang on with the boys well.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.