Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Now, let's check in.
Speaker 3: On some of the individual stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepko. We're joined by Bloombergs Baking News editor Chloe Malay.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about the Italian bank Uni Credit, which has raised guidance. So tell us more. This is a very interesting, important bank led by Andrea or Chow.
Speaker 4: Yes, so UniCredit lifted its proper guidance, as you said, and it also said that it plans to return at least nine point five billion euros to shareholders this year, so that really lifted the shares this morning.
Speaker 1: That made investors quite happy. Obviously.
Speaker 4: This is particularly interesting because it comes just a day after UniCredit withdrew its offer for Banco BPM, saying that it effectively could not secure government authorization. That's, of course a bit of a setback for the CEO who has been pursuing all of those different takeovers and keeps really encountering some obstacles. So its approach for Commerce Bank is also at the moment halted. It's at an impass also because of government opposition.
Speaker 1: But the fact that the earnings.
Speaker 4: Were positive, the shareholder payout kind of promise lifted lifted the shares and that was enough.
Speaker 1: To make investors quite quite happy this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, UniCredit shares are more than three percent. That's aviation, now, this is a very different story. They their chap us down significantly.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's aviation sells both business kind of private jets and then military jets. So the defense division, the military jets side of things, is doing well. The order intake is solid, the outlook is positive. Where it is suffering is the private jet division, and a lot of that has to do with tariff. So it's said that the orders we were weak, and that is because tariff uncertainty is delaying production and is in turn impacting the cells.
Speaker 1: So that has dragged the shares lower.
Speaker 4: Another piece of the story for their ser Aviation is that it is also currently embroiled in a bit of a fight with Airbus over the development of a next generation fight jets. Predict Amount and Mers and macrent I have said to meet in Berlin to kind of discuss who is going to lead on that effort, so that is also kind of complicating the picture there. For their sort and shares are down as a result of both of those stories there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dasso's full con chats of course the most interesting and important in terms of the German software company sa P also down. What are the tailwinds the major issues for them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So SAP is Europe's most valuable company, so obviously anything that it does is closely watched. But this morning the earnings were a bit of a mixed bag. So there was growth in the cloud and software cells, but it was less than what analysts had expected. And then crucially and what's kind of led to the weakness and the stock this morning is that the company mentioned a tariff uncertainty, which is kind of feeding through into customer hesitancy of course and kind.
Speaker 1: Of clouding the general outlook.
Speaker 4: SAP is generally not as dramatically exposed as some other stocks could be to the tariff issue. Customers that decide to move to the cloud usually do that in kind of multi year project that takes a while. It usually you know, is not can't be really dialed back super quickly. But tariff and Stutitty is still kind of clouding the outlook generally. And then another thing that is really important for SAP is the currency headwinds that it's facing, so especially a week dollar given that its largest market is in the US, so it expects currency effects to hurt growth in the cloud segment by three point five percentage points, and analysts are saying that, you know, it needs kind of keep an eye on how much of this currency headwinds can impact the outlook going forward as well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Rado check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.