Speaker 1: All right, get it going right here, right now.
Speaker 2: This is Eyes up Here, and you're listening to an all new Eyes up Here, exclusively on the iHeart Radio network. If you didn't know by now, my name is Dad, and every single week I'm.
Speaker 1: Here, but the host it's not this week. We all know where she is.
Speaker 2: She's on her magical vacation to a place that she.
Speaker 1: Talks about all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't have to spell it out for you, you know, but I have outs and found somebody to take her place this week, but did not have to go very far.
Speaker 1: All I had to do was look across the room.
Speaker 3: And found a suitable replacement the quintessential stun Muppon himself, mister Joel Gertner joining me today, Joel, welcome back to Eyes up Here.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me. For those who don't know. Although since all of these people are fans of the original ECW, I would imagine or have caught up with it by now. If they know Francine, then I'd like to think hopefully they're familiar with my work and they know that I am the lyrical miracle, the sexual into lectual, the cunning linguist. I'll keep stuff like that to a dull war here on iHeart Radio. I know it's not I bleep Radio and the quintessential stun myuffin. Joel, I'm your favorite ECW personality, just like the queen of Extreme Friends scene, but unlike her, your older sister and your mother underage fifty five love me the most. And this week on this episode, I am your substitute host Girdener. Keep listening, it still applies. Eyes up here and have yourself and ear gazzle.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. What a way to start, Joel. I couldn't be happier to have you back.
Speaker 5: Thank you well.
Speaker 2: Joel and I were together yesterday as we're recording this in real time. We were in beautiful Jappa, Marilyn outside of Baltimore, but I think they do count it as Baltimore if you're going to use a city for the MCW fan jam And as I was walking around the room and exchanging pleasantries with a few folks in the near vicinity, we locked eyes.
Speaker 1: You didn't know who I was.
Speaker 2: I went over and introduced myself again since we had you on the show a couple of years ago. You said the wrong thing and I locked you in for eyes up here. It was if you ever.
Speaker 1: Need me, I'm right there, and I grabbed you within two seconds.
Speaker 5: And there's no substitute for a substitute. I'm run down, I'm a little bit sick as a dog, I'm a little bit beat up. But nonetheless, when I heard it was for Franny, and when I heard it was for this show, of course, out of the kindness of my heart, I am here.
Speaker 1: That's awesome too.
Speaker 2: And you know what, and before we get into the really bad stuff we're going to talk about today that has to do with the World Wrestling, I want to talk about the really good stuff that's step bond that you guys have, that ECW bond, and you don't see it with everybody. You never hear about the WCW guys that have the deep bond or those WWF guys that have that deep bond. It's that ECW crew that has something so special that when you.
Speaker 1: Guys see each other, there's really no.
Speaker 2: Really blood feuds that we know of that are really out there, and maybe one or two, but nothing crazy. You guys have a real tight group and you're always talking and you're always happy to see each other.
Speaker 1: What is it about you guys.
Speaker 2: That you still like, really have a good friendship and you always are so happy around each other.
Speaker 5: For most of us, ECW was our break. It was our first break. It was our first vehicle in establishing our career. We weren't plucked from you know, WWFWCW. You know, that was kind of our first stop. And I think there's also got to be something to the fact that we were all so young. Many of us were in our twenties. So between those two things and just the nature of being number three in a three entity war, you know, just the nature of being as Paul Hayman said at a press conference once, you know, in the in the soda Wars and the Cola Wars, we were Snapple and at the time, he said, we were happy to be that, and we were. We were the island of misfit toys. We were the little engine that could towards the end. We were the pioneers that got the arrows in our backs. And it was all of that I think helps. You know, you call it a bond. I if you're going to talk about blood feud, I go the other direction with it, and I'd say I'd call it a family, and and yeah, that's that's why we're also tight.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Again there's always the cool interactions between the ECW guys. And again that's not to despair the other promotions or the other locker rooms. But again, you don't see the w CW pals, you know, joking around and and and hanging out the way.
Speaker 1: You see the ECW guys.
Speaker 2: It's just it's there's something different there, and it's it's magical, especially you know if you see it from my point of view, because ideal on the booking side, ideal on the other side of shows, and there is a close relationship with everybody for the most part, and I think it's very cool. So yeah, absolutely, all right, So yeah, we also saw there was a lot of great people in attendance at this show. They were fans out the door for some free agents that are still hanging around, uh Nick Nemeth, Matt Riddle in attendance, fans clamoring for autographs and pictures. But I did see the Steiner brothers were kind of over in the area where you were. I mean, they they still look great, you know. I saw Lex Luger. Conventions are always very cool, but there's a guy in the news that links a lot of these people together. And you know, I don't like to throw this term around very loosely, Joel, but perhaps biggest news story of all time as it relates to wrestling still, I guess breaking as you go every day, every single day, there seems like there's something new coming out as it relates to the Vince McMahon story and everything developing.
Speaker 1: And it's becoming like the Kennedy assassination.
Speaker 2: Right, It's almost like, where were you when you found out about what happened when the Vince McMahon court filings came out? So I'll start with that, Where were you when you found out when the Vince McMahon court filings came out? Were you as shocked as everybody else was to see that Vince McMahon, the guy we've heard so many crazy things about over the years, had this finally hit the surface.
Speaker 5: I'd heard some rumblings. I'd heard some kind of inside kind of remmerse, some kind of inside a little bit of baseball. I've got this cough, So I apologize in advance of my cough ever known again, I'm still shocked. Nothing shocks me. You know, on the other end of the coin, it's wrestling, right. So, like you say, even if it is, the bit looks so I've been watching since I don't know, eighty three, eighty four, so h and I've been reading the sheets since eighty nine. Even if it is the biggest story ever, there's been so much else between the eighties and now that I've seen and that I've studied that I mean, you can't be shocked or surprised by anything. I again, because I kind of you know the inside. You know, whatever I heard wasn't substantial, substantive, concert detailed. It wasn't it was you know, I mean, you know, the FEDS were investigating him, I think, and that was you know, I think different people heard rumblings about that at different times and have heard more about it or less. But when it comes to these filings, I couldn't even tell you where I was at the moment that I heard. I'm not sure, because you know, again, it's just you know, you just see, you know, when ECW closed up, you had to be perceptive, and you had to kind of see towards the very end. Week by week you had to kind of see writing on the wall and That's kind of how it was with I think this where like maybe you're hearing the FEDS are interested. Maybe you're hearing that there's something having to do with Vince being a liability, and it may be being something along the lines of the RIDA chattered and thing. You know, maybe you know you're hearing this and you're hearing that, and I don't know, you know, I kind of lost my train of thought. I mean, that's how kind of scattered and how kind of you know, scattered plot and scattershot at all is because you know, like I say, I couldn't tell you where I was, and I'm not entirely surprised just because nothing. I don't allow anything in wrestling to kind of, you know, shock me. And but you know, again, you see different. You know, all of a sudden, Kevin Dunn retires, you know, and it's like, yeah, Kevin done at this point as an older gentleman. He's older than me, he's however old he is, he's been with the company whatever four decades. Vince is. You know, there's that, but like so some of it maybe is Monday morning quarterbacking, right like like kind of hindsight. But regardless, like the kind of again, there's been, there's been, and I you know, there's writing on the wall, I guess, and I don't know what to tell you. Man, No, I have no idea where I was when I actually heard that her case was being filed.
Speaker 1: It I we gotta, we gotta go through a couple of those points.
Speaker 2: One that Kevin dun Thing for sure was to me the first thing I thought of, because when I'd read through the whole filing, I had some free time throughout my regular day.
Speaker 1: I did read the whole sixty.
Speaker 2: Seven page filing, and when it was naming like unnamed executive, I'm not despair. I'm not trying to throw anybody's name. It's explicitly under the bus. But he was the first name, and that popped in my head because he was such a high profile name to depart, who was so linked to Vince over the years that it's just fishy, as we would say, you know, it's just suspicious.
Speaker 1: But again, I could be one hundred dead wrong. And I'm not saying it. I'm not saying that. I'm saying it.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to cover my so of course, and maybe he was ready to retire, like I said, he's in a certain age whatever maybe he was, and he's got you know whatever, he's got eight figures worth. It was weird.
Speaker 1: It was very weird.
Speaker 5: But on and on the other end of the coin, like that company is his life. Yes, he's one of the top people there. Good things are happening right the company on various levels, Creative Financial is doing well. Is there's interest, it's still popular, it's still mainstream. Here comes Netflix.
Speaker 6: So you know, it was you know, so before WrestleMania, you know, you don't yeah, you don't want a big send off WrestleMania that closed out your career, right right.
Speaker 5: It was kind of out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Ye So.
Speaker 5: You know, like I say, I mean, I wasn't surprised, and and I just you know, it didn't take me aback. It was kind of it kind of you know, I've been hearing from certain people that you know, now that the Endeavor merger had happened, that maybe Vince, being considered a liability of sorts, was going to be pushed out and pushed away, and and and it's you know, it's I guess it's happening, you know, I guess you know, because of the case he's gone ahead, and you know, you know, it's it's always a retirement, they always, right, I mean, in corporate you know, they always give you the option of retiring before they cut you loose and let you go. But uh yeah, you know, I don't know, it's and it's not over, and it's still going to play out. I think I saw on X on Twitter. I think I saw, you know, there's kind of from the publicity standpoint, from the legal standpoint, the strategicy of it all. I think I see that they're trying to disseminate the idea that Janelle Grant isn't even so much or solely interested in money or settlement, but that she's kind of interested in justice resort of you know, that kind of thing, so that you know, so I saw something in relation to that yesterday or the other day. So it's it's not over, you know. I just we always think that, oh my god, this is the biggest thing, you know, And and in a way, you know, it's not that I'm arguing with you, you know, I don't want to harp on that. I mean it could very well be, and and in certain ways it is, and it's you know, and it's arguable and it's debatable. It could be the biggest thing. But just like life, just like time, the timeline, it's never the end, you know, just like wrestling, it's never the end.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's a never ending story. It's a book with endless chapters. And just because this has shaken the world, you know, in that you know, Neck of the Woods and with WWE, you know, it doesn't mean that there aren't major developments, unknown facts. You know, the story I think is still developing. And listen, man, I mean, you know, this goes back a couple of years ago. People were like, oh, Vince is going to sell. They thought he was going to sell to the Saudis. Instead, there's an Endeavor merger. But really, if we're being honest with each other, it's an endeavor acquisition. At least. Now anything could happen they you know, Endeavor could decide one day that now that they've raised the profile and level of WWE up there with UFC, which was their baby first, they could decide to split them again and they could sell it to the Saudis, just like pfl is with this, you know, just like Live golfs with this. You know what I mean, I mean, you know, talking about how anything could happen, and it's a book with endless chapters. You know, it's twenty twenty four. You know, who knows what twenty twenty six holds. Who knows what twenty twenty eight holds. You know, we don't know. So I don't remember where I was because for as big of a story as it is, it just, you know, for me, it was whatever day. You know, it was Tuesday, you know, it was just it was big. But you know, this this is a crazy business. I mean, it's you know, ever since I got to the ECW level, ever since about ninety five ninety six, nothing surprised me.
Speaker 1: That's very fair.
Speaker 2: You made some great historical points that I want to go back to. You know, you're a longtime fan. You said you've been watching since eighty three. You know, you've been in the sheets since eighty nine. I started watching in nineteen eighty seven. You know, I didn't really get into the Sheets until I really like hit the internet in the late nineties, maybe like ninety six. But I listened to the wrestling radio shows that were all over the New York area, you know, in the late eighties and early nineties. Ye, you know, my uncle would give me any kind of information he could the Slammer in the Daily News. I got whatever I could get, Right, We lived through this stuff, what's that likewise? Yeah, we lived through this stuff with Vince already. We lived through scandals. We lived through really bad stuff and.
Speaker 1: He was gone for a little while. But this one's bad.
Speaker 2: But we lived through some really really bad stuff if there was social media. Let's go back to nineteen ninety two, right, the Ring Boy scandal that was really bad. That was if you could put that into today's standards, that I don't honestly, I don't think the WWF would have survived had the Ring Boy scandal hit twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Because that's how bad it was.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: That is not to say that what's going on with the filings and all the stuff that's coming out now with Janelle Grant events is not better or worse, but that Ring Boy stuff was horrible, and stuff that I've heard from guys who were there at the time that's not really public. There's some really bad shit that has never been told out into the shoot interview ranks of the world. And there's a bad stuff with that Ring boy scandal and they skirted, and had it been made public, I think the WWF would have been gone forever.
Speaker 5: I believe it. And there was the steroid scandal, and before that there was Chic and Duggan, and before that there was rita Chatterdan. I mean, there's always kind of you know, I mean, you know, there's always been kind of whispers and secrets and kind of you know, there's and then you know, now we find out you know, who knows you know, fabulous Mulah is you know, under the kind of microscope and people are you know, so like there's always kind of been you know, there's always been you know a little bit kind of of shady activity. You know, it's just but again, you know, just like life, you know, I mean it's you know in politics too, you know, in in entertainment and mainstream entertainment too. In Hollywood there's just uh, you know, every there's scandal. You know, it's you know, not everything is one hundred percent peaches and cream and and you know roses and you know, you know France scenes at Disney World, not everywhere is there. You know, everywhere is always the happiest place on earth, and it's just kind of the way it is and with wrestling, it just you know, it's always had a kind of edge. But you know it's you know, you got to show like dark side of the ring, so there's got to be you know, there is you know, it's not completely dark. It's not evil, it's not the bad neighborhood on the wrong side of the tracks, but there's you know, there is a dark side, you know, and there are things that happen, and there are people that you know, take liberties.
Speaker 1: What do you kind of stand with that show? With Dark Side of the Ring?
Speaker 2: It's I mean, I think there's been episodes that are been entertaining, somewhat informative and informational, but then there's some I think kind of cross the line, come off a little sallacious.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit too you know, on this as sleazy.
Speaker 2: But again, you know that's just me as a as a fan somebody who's worked around the business, but somebody who's in the business like yourself, Like where do you kind of fall on the dark side of the Ring discussion?
Speaker 5: I'm glad it's around to critique, you know, like like like you say, some episodes are better than others. It can you know, depending on your opinion or how what you know about a certain story, how much you know who you know that kind of thing, you know you it is. It is varied and it is eclectic. You know, it's not one hundred percent precise. I don't know if it's meant to be. I mean they put a lot of time, effort, money, and energy into it. They when they cast for people who are to look like the people that they're portraying and representing, they do a bang up job. They do an unbelievable job finding people that pretty much look exactly like the wrestling person that they are trying to represent. So you know, it's not shoddy, it's not ramshackle, and it's not hand fisted. I mean, I think they're trying their best and doing their best work, and a lot of the time, I think it's worthwhile. I think it's informative. I think it's entertaining, and I'm glad that it's on the air, that it got green lit, that it got produced, that it's aired, and that you know, you know that we're able to critique it. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now there's a couple I mean we reviewed I would.
Speaker 2: Say three or four from this past season. We obviously we did Chris and Tammy, we did Bam Bam, and we did the Marty Jeanetti episode. And I thought that Marty Jeanetti episode, I mean I thought that at the end of it, you kind of really like it was more, you know, more very depressing than anything. But you know, they kind of built you up like always hard partying is, isn't that? But it ended up being very sad at the end, and you know, we really felt for Marty and the pain he's going through with his leg. And I don't know what they're going for, you know, what are they trying to do or they trying to tell you the stories of the guys because they want you to know about their careers, or are they trying to make them look like sympathetic figures because they want you to feel bad for them.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. It's a very weird thing.
Speaker 2: But now you know, we have an episode like Sandman is coming up in this new season. I'm dying to watch it because I've been around sand Man a lot over the last couple of years, and he's a walking episode of Dark Southern because he's I think it's gonna be one of the best episodes ever because he's great. I mean, he's he's he's amazing, So I can't imagine what they got out of him for an hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a genius. Yeah, I think I wouldn't be surprised if A lot of what they're going for is they want you to see how unique and special and interesting, bizarre, whatever the real people behind the wrestling gimmicks are. I think they want you to see the real Marty today, behind Rocker Marty Jeanetti. I think they want you to see the real life currently of Abdullah the Butcher. I think they want you to see that this isn't I'm not saying it exists. I'm picking the first quote that I think is close. This isn't exactly what I mean, But I think a lot of it is they want you to see that the truth can be stranger than fiction. You know, they want to give you a kind of a window, kind of some insight, and shine a light on these real human beings whose lives might just be more interesting than then being a cannibal from the Sudan, you know, Like I mean, you know that that's one you know, that's one idea, is that you know, there's they're just going for these documentaries that you know, are not just telling the story of the stories that have been told, but they're kind of giving you the real story of the real people who are the actor athletes who have portrayed these interesting characters that you're used to seeing.
Speaker 2: Right because a lot of times we blur the line between where does it end, where does it begin?
Speaker 1: Where do we go?
Speaker 2: And I think that's that's a great point, as a fantastic point.
Speaker 1: Is there a story you'd like to see on there?
Speaker 5: You know, I've never thought to kind of pick a That's an interesting question. I've never thought of that. I've never thought of the show in that way.
Speaker 1: They covered some good ones, I have to say.
Speaker 2: I mean they they've hit a lot of like the you know, hey, these are the classic wrestling stories.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, we pulled them out.
Speaker 2: I have to say, in ratings wise, some of the more interesting ones that the longtime wrestling fan wants to hear about were like their lowest rated ones, like Adrian Adonis. What longtime wrestling fan knows his backstory?
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 5: I was amped up to see what they were gonna do with the done Have they done a Vince McMahon one.
Speaker 1: Yet I don't think they've gone all in on his back.
Speaker 5: Right, That's what I'm That's what I'm yeah, because that's what I'm wondering too. And like, now, if you give it a beat and you wait, I don't know how many more seasons they're gonna do. But if if you let this story develop, and you even were to give it a year or two years, you could do a Vince episode. But how are you going to get it all in in one hour? When Vince goes back to the seventies, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not an episode, that's the season itself. But then the Piggy's back piggyb excuse me. Off of what Francine and I covered a few weeks ago, I was appear we talked about there was a Netflix documentary that was being discussed or filmed. Apparently Dave Meltzer had reported about that. He was even interviewed for it. A Vince project at Netflix. That makes a lot of sense now that they signed with Netflix to bring raw there and a lot of classic content.
Speaker 1: Where does that go?
Speaker 2: So that was supposed to be chronicling everything that was supposed to hit the good stuff the bad stuff and the new stuff, right, well, does that include this? Does that include the last two weeks? So that's that is a excellent choice. But Netflix might have the rights already. We'll move forward a little bit and speaking of a Vince Creation WrestleMania season, we're in the middle of it, hitting a town you know very well, Philadelphia. Will you be in telling miss WrestleMania in a kenna?
Speaker 5: I will, I will, I will. I'm gonna be at the ECW Arena as a matter of fact, and there's no place in a way that I'd rather be. But I'm going to be there for Battleground Championship Wrestling. They've got two shows on the Friday. I'm gonna be at both, and I'm gonna be at the Meet Forreat in between. Again, I don't want to talk too much about Battleground because I feel like there's a certain kind of lack of respect and kind of you know, I feel me and Tim Embler are oil and water, and I mean he had me arrested at the last show. So you know, I'll be with my boys, my faction, the Sex with your Next ex Express and and I will be I'll be on the ECW themed show, of course, because it's a battle to see who the greatest male manager. And I had fran Seen and one or two other people in mind when I made sure to say the greatest male manager. We're going to see who the greatest male manager aw happened to be when I take on the man who calls it right down the middle, allegedly in his own way for himself, Bill Alfonso Phonsie himself with that annoying, grading, brain piercing whistle of his, which is, you know, God bless them. You know it'll be happening when I take on Phonsie at the ECW arena and prove that I'm the greatest ECW mail manager of all time. It's there's a certain level of irony because in the state of Pennsylvania, their lottery system, the Pennsylvania State Lottery, the proceeds benefit senior elder Pennsylvanians. So it's outlandish to think that in that same state, in Philadelphia in April, that they are going to encourage a allow me to perform elder abuse on Bill Alfonso. But but that's gonna be what happens.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, as you would say, well, well, well that is quite the That is quite the statement. April fifth, Battleground Championship Wrestling Friday, April fifth, going down at the ECW Arena down there.
Speaker 5: I'm going up, I'm going over, of course, I'm going straight to the top, of course. And I'm going because I'm the best male manager. I'm the epitome and he's average, So like right down the middle, you know what I mean, like kind of.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely, I can't imagine any other way.
Speaker 2: Uh, that weekend is a getting a lot of traction as we speak.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of rumblings. There's a lot of people who are pissed off. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Blowing up timeline, tweeting, calling, writing letters if they still do that to WWE offices. Have you followed the rock Cody Roman just madness that's gone on last week.
Speaker 5: I don't think, I mean, I'm on social media. I don't think you can get away from it from it. Yeah, it's like it's the ultimate spoiler almost because like it's, you know, even if you don't want to know any more about it, good luck, you know. And and there's levels to that stuff too, man and layers, and it's really kind of intricate man. I mean, as of yesterday, you've got what kind of just random WWE wrestlers and personalities tweeting or you know x hashtag we want Cody right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's very strange Logan Paul uh sorry.
Speaker 1: Rick Ochet was another one of them.
Speaker 2: And you know whether or not that's driven by somebody on the inside or not still making a statement.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just surprised by it. You know, it's it's the Rock. It's not like it's some just random guy.
Speaker 5: It's the Rock.
Speaker 2: And the thing I don't get was they were in somewhere in Alabama. You could have fooled me that the people didn't like it.
Speaker 1: The place, the roof blew off of it. How did nobody like that?
Speaker 5: And now they want the call we need Cody, we need Code.
Speaker 1: That's blasphemy.
Speaker 5: They wanted the Rock last week. Hey, listen, it's great when everybody's over, you know, when Cody's over and the Rock is over and everybody loves to hate Roman reigns, and when you've got all these personalities and it's a dog pile, it's a fight to see where it's almost like you've got too many top guys it's a good problem to have, and the Rock's a movie star, So why not have this play out like a movie. Why not have this play out like a soap opera. Why not have a play within a play. Why not have there be creative in the real world. Why not have it be a work shoot. Why not work the boys a little bit? Why not get the boys in on it a little bit? And you know, Ricochet tweets hashtag we want Cody. Of course that's gonna get It's gonna garner interest in Ricochet. It's gonna garner interest in Cody. It's gonna garner interest in the Rock, WWE in WrestleMania. It's gonna you know, who knows. You know, I think, you know, if creative can. It's also, you know, I think the people who are saying that all of these machinations that are in the works now that we're talking about with Cody, the Rock and the wrestlers tweeting and stuff, a lot of it is meant to take eyes off of take focus away from the real life whatever. Real in wrestling, you never know what real life whatever, but the real life in the sense of the real woes the Vince Janelle grant stuff. So you know, who knows? Who knows? If Ricochet is told to tweet that, who knows? If five or ten a short list, a random sampling of the boys, get an email or get a DM and it says, feel free to tweet hashtag we want Cody if you think it fits your brand. And some do and some don't. You don't know what, you don't know, right, We only know what we see. We see Logan Paul tweet it, We see Ricochet. We don't know if that's up to them. We don't know if somebody asked them. We don't know if somebody told them, suggested, And again we don't know. Are they two of two? Are they two of ten? We don't know what we don't know, and that and wrestling has always been that way, you know again from I can tell you from being in the e CW locker room. The w c W guys can tell you because they were getting worked all the time. They were, they were, they were you know, they were they were working the boys. The boys had no idea, you know, what was going on. There were work shoots going on where some people didn't even you know, know that that what was going on was a work or a shoot or they were just in a complete like land of confusion, you know, and and it be that way sometimes and that's how wrestling is.
Speaker 2: So look like you said, people are talking, So I guess that's the good thing. There's interest like there wouldn't have been anyway. It's WrestleMania season.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna give you this final thing before we start to wrap it up. I'm gonna give you the booker hat.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let Joel Gertner become the head booker of WWE Creative.
Speaker 5: Here. You're the first one.
Speaker 2: Tim Hey listen, hey, you when you work with the Chad, so you go straight to the top. I'm just gonna tell you that one time, Joel.
Speaker 1: That's for me to you. What are you doing with these three? You got two nights of WrestleMania. What are you doing with them?
Speaker 5: Who are the three?
Speaker 1: Cody Rock, Cody Rock and Roman? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: You got a belt? You got Cody Rock and Roman and two Knights of Manium.
Speaker 4: What do you right?
Speaker 5: But there are two nights, right, so you've got three of them. But then you've also got to figure out you've got seth rollins You've got Kevin Owens, You've got Logan Paul, You've got CM punk. Is he hurt? How hurt? Is he? Is he going to be back in time? So that's six, maybe seven guys that we reeled off. Every time you reel off seven guys, that means there's one or two you didn't think of. Now we're talking about like eight guys. Like I said, I had great problem to have to have on Saturday night, four guys? What do you do with them? Sunday night? Four guys? What do you do with them? You change? You got a special start time now of six thirty. If the show goes until eleven thirty or midnight, that means you've got two shows that are over five hours long each. I don't it's February fifth, right, Yeah, we've got two months.
Speaker 1: Just about yep, April sixth is the night one.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I'm not putting the heat on you, but I need an answer before we let you go, because you ain't, as far as I know, you ain't guest hosting again.
Speaker 1: So I need an answer.
Speaker 5: I think there are Any answer is going to be Any answer is going to be ill informed. Any answer is gonna be completely fantastical or hypothetical, because again, we don't know what we don't know. We don't know how many matches are hardwired, set in stone that they already know today are going to be on these shows, and we don't know how many are gonna get plugged in the next one, two, three weeks. We don't know the medical the real medical situation with CMPUNK. We don't know, dude. It was in eighty seven. You talked about eighty seven before. In eighty seven, it was different. Even when they were up to WrestleMania three and not just the first one, they were still booking wrestling. There was no road to WrestleMania. There was no WrestleMania season. They would start stuff at Rumble well in eighty seven, not in when Rumble started, yeah, but in eighty seven around that time, late December early January, with a season with three months with thirteen weeks of TV, they would over those thirteen weeks, let you know what the thirteen matches, eleven matches, whatever it is at WrestleMania. They would let you know what those were. So it was easier. They would start booking it three months out. Now we're two months out and it's like it's too soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy.
Speaker 5: There are so many moving pieces and there's so much in flux that it's almost like it's too soon to know what the right thing to do is. It's like they still need to wait another week or two, see where things go, keep their finger on the pulse of the public, and keep their ear to the ground, see what the people want, See what's gonna be best for them short term, medium term, long term. So what do you do? I mean, you could flip it back around. You could have the Rock give his stamp of approval, and you could have the Rock tell Cody at the end of the day that even though the Rock knows that he's the head of the table, and he'll finish that story in due time in Saudi Arabia, in Australia, in wherever they go at another major show. He could give Cody his blessing and they could make it by popular demand, Cody Rhodes versus you know. So they could do that. They could do anything. The options are limitless. I honestly think that what they're thinking is that they're still thinking, and that there's still stuff to think about, and that it's too soon. So it may seem like a cop out and an easy way for me not to book it out. But because I think that that's where they are, it's too soon and I don't have an answer for you.
Speaker 1: I'll book it for you.
Speaker 2: Rock Roman, Cody, I think we're gonna have to just excuse me, relegate him to the opening match somewhere. I'm sorry, we don't have anything for him.
Speaker 1: Udre to Giant Battle Royal.
Speaker 5: Maybe could you imagine he though that that would generate the scheme. Every little kid would be dressed up like Cody Rhodes with a painted on neck tattoo. Everybody would be singing the music. Could you imagine seventy eight thousand people singing that song turned up on eleven? I mean, if they if they went that route and had him once again, pretty much start from the bottom up. You know. I love flipping wrestling on its ear. I love when I book wrestling. When I had my company MXW, anything as possible, experimental, avant garde, do stuff because it's never been done before. In that vein, you could do what you just suggested. But man, with that light a fire.
Speaker 1: It's Philly, anything's possible.
Speaker 5: They might like it, you know, they might. You know, somehow, Philly used to be a heel town. There you go, not anymore not but if you take liberties with Cody, and if you relegate him, and if you downngrade and insult him, all of a sudden, even Philly is not a heel town anymore, because they would love him even more.
Speaker 2: Well, as we will find out. And we're about two months away from actually when.
Speaker 1: This episode's released, we will be two months away. So there you go.
Speaker 2: It'll be perfectly timed for your WrestleMania season kickoff when you listen to this, so well we will. We'll start to wrap this up here, Joel, I can't thank you enough for jumping in the chair that is usually sat in by the Queen of Extreme.
Speaker 1: So you gotta say you feeled it nicely. You know.
Speaker 5: I can't ever be thanked enough. So that's it's not personal, it's you know, don't don't don't be too hard on yourself.
Speaker 2: No, that's trust me. The pleasure is all mine. But again, like you filled Fancine's chair perfectly. You know, I'm usually here, she's usually there, and uh, you know it's looking it's looking very good for my angle.
Speaker 1: But please tell the Eyes up Here universe.
Speaker 2: Anything and everything about the world of the Quintessential stud muffin where they can find you what you want them to go find and everything going on in your world.
Speaker 5: So I am on loan from my producer Grant Fletcher and our podcast. We have a podcast that we do called the sixty nine Minute Eargasm with really really deep dive interviews. It's not Dark Side of the Ring. It's more it's a little A and E biography, it's a little Larry King Live. It's tell us about you growing up, tell Us about the first wrestling you ever saw on TV, tell Us about the first live event you ever went to and getting a personality and a wrestler, and all the way through from kind of it's it's it's like this is your life. It's it's really I mean, it's a deep dive. It's really we try to really do our best with it. And and there have been so many just unbelievable, thorough, diverse, unique, just We've had Kamala on before he passed. We've had One Man Gang on, We've had Exotic Adrian Street, Hugo Savinovich, We've had so many ECW talent, uh so many people that if you're watching this show, listening to this show, you'd really really want to hear what they have to say, not just about their career, but about their life, about their hobbies, about their outlook, about you really get a sense of kind of what makes a lot of these people tick. So the sixty nine minute Eargasm. Wherever you get podcasts apple all over the place, everywhere, your favorite podcast platform provider will have the sixty nine minute Eargasm joelgert Ander, search for it, find it an easy way. A few months ago we started our YouTube channel, so the sixty nine minute Eargasm YouTube channel. Did you just oh, man, look at you? Is that you?
Speaker 1: That's me?
Speaker 5: You are amazing?
Speaker 1: Can I say?
Speaker 5: There you go. We've had Buggsy McGraw on, Johanna Rezi, so if you love the seventies, we go back to the seventies. So that's who's on your screen right now, Punk Legend, Handsome Dick Manito. But now if you see that there's an episode there on that bottom row, the second one over with all that fire element to it. That's heat Wave ninety nine. And we've done a few episodes, a handful that aren't just sixty nine minute Eargasm. They're kind of like sixty nine minute Eargasm presents Extreme Championship Wednesday. And we've been doing Extreme Championship Wednesdays, and that's kind of a sub of the sixty nine minute Eargasm. And there we will do a deep dive on either a wrestler or we will do one on a major like a pay per view event. So what you're seeing there is the element for heat Wave ninety eight, right so, and we've also done on the top row Anarchy Rules ninety nine. Some great interviews Man Daniel Peter bill after Charmel. Charmel, what an incredible life and career in and out of wrestling. Bill Apter talking about being a force behind putting the lawler Andy Kaufman stuff together. Andy Kaufman just amazing, amazing, amazing. It's all. We hope you'll find us the sixty nine minute to Your Gasm with Joel Gertner our YouTube channel. Please subscribe. That's all we ask is that you press the button so you get notified every time we do a show. It's free, so just go ahead, listen, enjoy to your heart's content on YouTube or in podcast form however you prefer. But that's what I'm on loan from today is my own podcast project, my own audio content. Sixty nine minute eargasm. I am on cameo. If you want a promo, if you want a digital video message me cutting a unique personalized promo for you with you against an adversary, cutting a promo on you, if you want me to roast you, and I do everything all the way down until it gets like upholstery a pulstery. I don't do another he at it. But on cameo, I will say what you like, or you can give me some bullet points. Leave it up to me and I'll, you know, fill in the filling the lines. But cameo dot com slash Joelgertner and of course each cameo is just sixty nine dollars. I'm on TikTok and most other social media platforms at Quintessential stud Muffin. So that's for TikTok, Instagram threads, on X. I am at stud Muffins says, there you go.
Speaker 1: How did you know it's the gift?
Speaker 5: Are you the one with the chip in my head?
Speaker 1: To me, I'm here, I.
Speaker 5: Knew there was somebody doing that.
Speaker 1: For Brooklyn too.
Speaker 5: So all this genius, I mean, it's a Brooklyn can't be man made or woman made. Some of it's got to be manufactured. You look like a high tech kind of yeah, and just the fact that you're a Brooklyn night as well kind of gives you that kind of aspirational like, let me, you know, let's take the quintessential stud muffin Joel Gurtner and make him even better. Right, So yeah, but I don't know, So there you go. Anyway, there's X stud Muffin says, Hey, if you love sports betting, that's the place. Man. Every time we kill a plus eight hundred or a plus twelve hundred, which is I'm blessed it's you know, a lot more frequently than a few months ago. I would have thought I've kind of been getting the hang of this sports betting thing. And today I'm actually eight weeks into Project Bankroll, and I have been blessed that starting with just a you know, reasonable bank roll, kind of a smallish kind of you know, just large enough to be a starting bank roll eight weeks ago for the project, what we've done is it's now up about seventy five or eighty percent from where it was eight weeks ago. That's not a lot of money yet, but mathematically exponentially compounding per diem, eighty percent in fifty six days happens to work out to over one percent a day. It's like one point oh five percent, somewhere between one and one point one Long story short, If I can continue to produce at that same level, not just for fifty six days, but for the next five hundred and sixty days, or for five hundred sixty plus five hundred and sixty days, and we take this out for like two or three years, it's got me on a really good two or three year plan. I don't want to say for retirement, because I like to keep my goals always. I like to kind of keep moving the goalposts and strive for more and strive for better. Aristotle said, excellence is not an act, it's a habit. So but at over one percent a day every day for two months, again, it's better than it has any hope of being, especially considering that, you know, I had an off short sports book that I would kind of rarely infrequently use, you know, going back however many years. But sports betting in New York state has only been legal for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just in only the last couple of years. That's that's that's a.
Speaker 2: Good way to jump on it. I never got into sports betting. It's one of those things I just have never crossed over. I don't know if I'm ready for it.
Speaker 5: See, I've been into Wall Street and I've been into investing and trading and options trading and all that stuff like that. I've been into that since I was sixteen. And I love sports. So now that you know, competition and just the kind of I love playing armchair booker and I love kind of and I'm very mathematical. So between the investing and math and numbers, and between the sports and the what could happen, what should happen, what might happen, I just try to integrate it all. And got to be honest with you, man, being a good sports better and improving at it has made me a better trader, and then being a better trader makes you a better sports investor sports better And it's been a good couple of months. And so that's just one of the things. You know, that's My Twitter's heavy with that. My Instagram. If you love food, TikTok too. If you love food, TikTok's got some crazy memes. We do a lot of food stuff. We do Duke the Dumpster Drosi challenges me to eat two bacon eators and I do it quicker than he does. We have a lot of fun on social media, so find me quintessential stud Muffin pretty much everywhere but on X Stud Muffin says, that's awesome and pro wrestling tease. If you want a if you want a shirt, you know that Daniel Bryan Not I didn't rip them off, right, but you know those yes yes Yes shirts, the mare ones yes, white writing right and Daniel Bryan on the back. So I've got a shirt that just so happens to look eerily similar to that. It may have been inspired by it. I call it quintessential app Dude, you're fast, You're quick on the trigger. I just I want you people to know he's not doing this in post like these elements. He's not talking to me at seven thirty pm, and then at nine o'clock when we're offline, he's like, all right, he talked about that. Let me find the element. He's actually doing it in real, live time which is super duper impressive. But yeah, those are the shirts that are available right now. Well well well, which that's quintessential stud muffin on the back. And if you're a Steelers fan, or even if you're not, if you're a football fan, or even if you're not, if you're a fan of mine, or even if you're not, buy a shirt.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a hell of an endorsement for a shirt, even if you're.
Speaker 2: Not, even if you don't wear shirts, even if you don't wear shirts, yeah, you're shirtless, buy the shirt.
Speaker 1: You need a shirt?
Speaker 5: Soeah, And after you've bought one for you, for either no reason or all reasons, by two for other people. Because it's better to give and receive and it's better to give than to take and whatnot. So you know, one shirt's never enough.
Speaker 1: Especially when they have those sales. It's even better when they're you get them. You probably could get to for one, So all right, have a.
Speaker 5: Sale, get both sh I I agree with you, Chad. Next time there's a seasonal sale, whether it's Valentine's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, whatever, they do, you know what, but don't wait if you see if look it's this is gonna launch tomorrow, right, Tuesday, yep, okay, Tuesday the sixth. Right. If DWTS hasn't put out an announcement of a sale by let's say Thursday the eighth, just go to the site.
Speaker 1: By shirt, just yeah, just do it, and by the different.
Speaker 5: Sizes, because you never know, you know, if you like to eat, you know what I mean, you might want it loose one day, tight in the other.
Speaker 2: You know, they go to your Instagram page, they're gonna go, You're gonna go get the tips from your Instagram.
Speaker 5: That's why absolutely listen what exactly. Once you're betting with us and you're trading with us, and you're seeing what we do the tips, I give tips for the sake of tips, but I also walk you through and it's very transparent and it's very kind of almost educational in a sense. I love to if I'm making money, I want anybody who's reading it seeing it to make money. If I've got the tools and the skills, I want to make sure that other people are benefiting. So hit up the social media, keep an eye on it, and hopefully, you know, maybe you've got a new hobby now, and maybe it's something that's good for you know, a dinner or two every month.
Speaker 1: What a guy.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. All right, well, here we go for Eyes up here. If you want to get more from us on YouTube, you can go to the YouTube search bar type in eyes up here, or you can type in ECW, Diva Francine and get our YouTube membership. We've got one starting at five ninety nine. We've got exclusive content where we look at old matches, We've got interviews from the iHeartRadio program. We've got old content from our Patreon all up in the members only section starting at five ninety nine. You do not want to miss some of these videos we've got up there. They are phenomenal and they're sitting there waiting for you, so head over there.
Speaker 1: But also you can subscribe.
Speaker 5: It's free.
Speaker 2: We've got tons of content, brand new content, exclusive content not on the iHeartRadio feed, YouTube dot com, Slash the Queen Extreme Francine ECW.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That is on the YouTube channel waiting for you.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow me, it's at Chad E and B on Twitter, at IB Exclusives on Instagram, and my website is Ibexclusives dot com. I appreciate Joel for hopping in the chair this week. Hopefully we will see him again down the road soon. And for the Queen of Extreme who's not here, we will see her next week. This is the chadst We will catch you on the flip.
Speaker 4: Side the art
Speaker 5: Sp