Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jack Katie and He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: A group of firefighters in England were able to rescue a horse from a five foot ditch using a system of ropes and pulleys. It's the same technology they use every morning to get Joy Behar out of her uber.
Speaker 2: Funny because it's true. Funny because it's true.
Speaker 4: I like Greg Guphield Felt and my parents watch him every single night, But like a lot of his jokes are just pick somebody people on the right hate, and then just like I don't know, say something really meant, call him fat or ugly.
Speaker 2: Yes, that seems to be a recurring theme.
Speaker 4: Pick somebody they hate on the right and call them fat, ugly or stupid. Then we laugh and we move on to the next victim. How many days in a row? It's been four now, is that right? How many days in a row? Will the Pope dying be the lead story on the evening newscasts?
Speaker 2: I wonder?
Speaker 4: It's extraordinary to me. But more on that coming up in a little bit. I want to talk about that. Oh, I just came across the term. This is this might be the most important thing you learned today. Health Span is going to be a term you hear a lot instead of life span, instead of life span all the time. The average lifespan is a male men live to be eighty two, women live to be blah blah blah. Health span like the span of your life where you're like able to do stuff and enjoy your life. Who cares if you live another five years of lane in bed and pain. What's the period of time I get to where I'm like actually enjoying life health span?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I care, But I see your point. That's not what we're shooting for.
Speaker 4: Right right, And I think it's a good idea to change our focus on that.
Speaker 2: I've said this many times.
Speaker 4: My doctor said to me actually sometime last year, he said, sometimes I wonder what's the goal here, because there's just a lot of extending life in pain and misery and can't do anything. Yes, health span, that's what we need to work on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I you know this is a heavy and complicated topic, but yeah, the stringing along at any expense and pain and whatever treatment is available and just it seems not right. It does not seem to fit with the reality of being a biological being. It just it seems like an experiment as opposed to automatically a good idea. We're gonna use machines and drugs and procedures to keep this body functioning at a minimal level so we can say it's alive. Let's see what happens. Meanwhile, I A is the owner of the body or thinking, I don't want to do that experiment. No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: It's easy to saying that we don't last forever. I don't know what it feels like to be ninety and laying in bed, and I know I'm never gonna do a lot of different.
Speaker 2: Stuff, right a matter of degree of course, sure, and various by the individual. On a much lighter note, because everything's a lighter note, Michaels, Do we have any transitions before the transition life and death? Little more life and death before the fun stuff? Folks. I think about this a lot, because I should read more about it. William F.
Speaker 4: Buckley, who I'm a big admirer of, guy who started a National review and writer commentator.
Speaker 2: The father of modern conservatism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely more or less, he reached a point where he just flat out he said in and you can watch an interview on YouTube me He's sitting there in a suit, and he said, no, I'm ready to be done. I'm ready to exit this world. I just none of the things I enjoy in life can I do anymore? Is like really into sailing and exercise and all these different things. And I'm just I'm just ready to be done. And I thought, that's really interesting. How come more people don't come to that conclusion?
Speaker 2: Or do they just lack the haft of a William F. Buckley and the support of family members to respect their wishes? In some cases, you know, the whole everybody wants to die at home, and nobody does because the nurses and doctor say, oh no, no, no, no, you can't check out? Now, what the hell I can't? But if I'm not dying of something, what do I just tell my kids? Hey, sneak up behind me. At some point, I mean, what do you I don't understand how you exit? You wander off like an old elephant into the wilderness or the outskirts of town or wherever old elephants go. Nobody's sure you want me to sneak up behind you. I don't know, all right, Michael Transition music. It really is. It's one of the best. I feel sufficiently classed death. So entrepreneurs are flocking to Greenland, still not America yet Jack to harvest its most abundant resource and hopes that there are enough people willing to pay a premium for vodka made with glacial melt water or a cocktail chilled with ultra pure Greenland ice. The ice is allegedly cleaner and denser than almost any ice on Earth because it has been compressed in a glacier for one hundred thousand years before falling into the Fiord. My parents did this.
Speaker 4: I sent them on a cruise up in Alaska and they had drinks on a big boat where it was this chunks of the glacier where you can count on it being, you know, sixty thousand year old pure, the purest water that exists on Earth. Something it's mammoth pe in it. You're not fooling me, right, It's a gimmick more than anything else. I mean, you can only water can only get so pure that you wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 2: Tell, right, And whether science backs up the sales pitch is a subject of debate, as you indicate, as are the environmental trade offs of hauling ice chunks from the Arctic to a nightclub in Dubai. Whatever. Anyway, so this guy who's a green plant mammoth p in it, get a bartender. So this guy's CEO of this greenland company one hundred and thirty million dollar business development fund. In the past five years, the territory's government has approved thirteen licenses to six companies that are currently are planning to harvest glacial meltwater and ice. And they go into some of the details, but oh, I'm sorry. Once the container arrives in Dubai, as we're discussing, Arctic ice workers carve the chunks into spheres and place them into triangular gift boxes that come with little a little pair of tongs. The Arctic ice boxes cost one hundred dollars for six cubes, one hundred dollars for six ice balls. This is like steel cut oats.
Speaker 4: And a number of other things that are just there more marketing than.
Speaker 2: Real And then diners at this Dubai restaurant to nightclub in Dubai's financial district can indulge in the gin infused desert whisper cocktail that costs about forty eight box chilled with Greenland ice cubes. Wow, that's a pretty good cocktail price for a high end joint anyway. Yeah, is there a spot on Earth more decadent than Dubai. Perhaps not, probably wherever Vladimir Putin is hanging out right now. So here's a French entrepreneur living in Dubai, twenty eight years old. He takes his eighteen year old single malt Scotch over Greenland ice, Thank you very much? What runs him about two hundred and eighteen dollars. He said he likes that the ice cubes are free of dirt and bacterial contaminants and melt slowly. Wow. But I couldn't hate that guy enough. Oh please, Therefore you're spending two hundred and eighteen bucks for a drink, trust me, regularized, It doesn't melt that fast. It's fine, You'll be good.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The storytelling is very important for the customers, says the marketing director. When you tell them they contain elements which are one hundred thousand years old, it's impressive. In other words, it's all a stupid pretension for rich people to show off. Yeah, lots of things are yeah, no kidding, So never mind the vital rare earths and minerals and stuff on Greenland. Everybody's making a fortune on the damn ice selling it to rich people, which is crazy. Speaking of lifestyle, these stories jack the rise of looks maxing in influencers, toxic beauty for men hankering for a chisel jawline. A male TikTok influencer strikes his cheekbones with a hammer, highlighting the wrists, the rise of looks, masking, maximum usering, mewing. Are you familiar, Yes, we've talked about this before. Yeah, my kids mentioned this couple of years ago. Is big on the playground.
Speaker 4: Kids on the playground talking about their jawlines.
Speaker 2: That's healthy for a society. Oh my lord, ed what ah oh oh fourth grade? Oh ever, ever, this is why William F. Buckley embraced death. Seems like I've had enough anyway. It's a nonline trend of pushing unproven, sometimes dangerous techniques to boost sexual appeal. Look looks maxing influencers part of an online ecosphere dubbed manosphere. I've sarched popularity blah, blah blah. Capitalizing on the insecurities you have young men to boost their physical attractiveness to women. Well, these people are hooking up or have an interest in it. In posts across TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube, they promote pseudo scientific methods to achieve everything from poudy lips to chin extensions and almond shaped hunter eyes as they're called h okay, I kind of are you sure you're hooking up with women? I get what a chin extension could be, or a variety of things. How do you change your eye shape? Well, that's that's the thing, A lot of stuff at all.
Speaker 4: How are you changing your eye shape? I have beaty, beaty little criminalize it, nobody trusts. I would love it if I had big Disney eyes, but I don't.
Speaker 2: And I have made my lips poudy by pouting a lot. And of course, these guys monetize their popularity by endorsing a range of consumer products and at money, giving young men terrible, terrible advice. For some case, it doesn't matter anyway. These influencers advocate taking steroids, undergoing plastic surgery, and even leg lengthening procedures to become more attractive.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's a little hint for me, just because I know people in I'm single. I know people in the single world talking about what it's like to be single.
Speaker 2: The modern world.
Speaker 4: Here's women aren't worried about your shin length, or the mewing of your jawline, or your poudiness of your lips, or a number of other things. They want a guy who doesn't play video games all the time and can keep an erection, has a job.
Speaker 2: Do those you can make a living? Yes? Have those three things? You don't need to worry about your jawline. Yes, job in erections, right, that's all you need, son Jack, Why don't you become one of these what do they call them, Kenny looks maxing influencers. Wow, except you'll be a job in erection maxing influencer. And yes, they get into mewing, an unproven technique involving pressing the tongue into the roof of the mouth for improving john facial structure. It doesn't work. And bone smashing, known as the hammer technique, where you hit your cheeks with the sharp edge of a hammer to try to grow out your bones. Yeah, you can end up with if it works. If it does anything, you're gonna have a lumpy face. You're not gonna look like, you know, Chris Hemsworth, You're gonna look like you got hit in the head with a hammer because you did. You know.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel like if you do this, man, there's a little Darwin thing going on there. Even for a young person.
Speaker 2: I get, Well, you yourself in the head with a hammer. I mean, wow, this kids right back. Well, yeah, you're right, you're I mean, it's not like you knock yourself unconscious. But what's tough for us is that in our pre adolescence and a lessons, we didn't have the most ridiculous, corrosive, poisonous ideas in the world at the touch of our fingers, right, I mean, like all the time my son and other lunatics who say, yes, what he said is an excellent idea in a way you would never run into in real life. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Exactly what my high schooler was doing, but he was in the backyard the other day with his friends. They were shirtless with big buckets of water doing something that was a TikTok challenge.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what it was. Well, but yeah, it happens. At least they weren't hitting themselves in the face with hammers. Stop the hammering. Final note, then we really need to take a break. Is that a lot of the in cell communities, the involuntarily celibate, are turning into looks maxing because they're thinking, Okay, I can't get laid. I've been blaming and hating women. What if I hit myself in the face with a hammer, then I'll look like Chris Hemsworth and I'll get lots of chicks. So, because the marketing wasn't working so much on the in cell stuff anymore, the money grubbing disgust that this actually is at its root is turned into this, wow a nice girl, treader. Well, fellas, get a job, maintain your erection. It'll go great. Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you.
Speaker 5: At the Philadelphia Zoo, it's their big debut. For the first time, the public able to see four critically endangered western Santa Cruz Galopagos tortoise hatchlings, little baby turtles less than fifty are known to exist in America. The zoo telling us they are proud to protect the endangered population and proud of that ninety seven year old mom appropriately named Mommy. She is our oldest and longest tenured resident, fascinated.
Speaker 2: Hatching in nineteen twenty eight and has been here since nineteen.
Speaker 5: Thirty two, The zoo telling us the babies are driving exploring their new habitat.
Speaker 2: You know, I could do basic mathematics, but it hadn't occurred to me that a ninety seven year old turtle came on the scene when Hoover was still doing the Charleston Great Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but does that turtle realize she's gonna be one hundred and eighteen when they graduated high school?
Speaker 2: Hey, I tell you what if those tortoises are from turtles whatever they are from western Santa Cruz again, promise you this, they're stone.
Speaker 4: Did you know John Mulaney's got a new like talk show on Netflix. He's doing every week like with a crowd and a guest.
Speaker 2: It's like any of those late night talk shows. Anyway.
Speaker 4: I saw the beginning of the one from Sunday night, and he said, a tough week this week for the show. The it's kind of a Saturday Night Live type show, he said. The whole premise was, gosh, it's great. The Pope's still alive, and we had to rewrite the whole script. But the evening News keeps leading with the Pope's death. I don't know how many days that's gonna last. Here's a little from ABC News last night.
Speaker 2: I feel like someone for my family, and I don't know why, because I really don't know him alone, you understand it. I don't know. How did you feel when you in front of him? So blessed, really so blessed. I'm so happy, extremely moving, emotional, having stopped.
Speaker 4: Much some of the many people standing in line for hours to walk by the body of the dead Pope.
Speaker 2: I don't get it at all.
Speaker 4: I'm pro religion, I'm pro Catholic Church. I'm pro Christianity as you can get and all that. I don't understand the investing in the pope this. I just, you know, fine, I'm not I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I am bereing critical by bringing this up, but yeah, yeah, well, I don't have time to fully explain my position on this, So for once in my life, I'll show a little restraint and not even start. And then I'm shocked at.
Speaker 4: The evening News full of atheists and people that dislike religion more than they like it.
Speaker 2: Leading with that story every single night. I think they have a very old audience, so it's more likely to be a religious and be Catholic.
Speaker 4: Richard Ingele of NBC News in Iran before we bombed the Jesus out of it, talking about the current state of Iranian culture, which is kind of interesting, among other things.
Speaker 2: On the way stay.
Speaker 1: Here, Armstrong and Getty, I realized that I, for one, like geopolitics and Warren Peace more than the average bear, so I can spend a lot of time thinking and talking about it, as opposed to like, I don't know a lot of your domestic economic stuff.
Speaker 2: I have no.
Speaker 4: Interest in it the stuff that matters.
Speaker 2: You're a global elitist. Are you in the Bilderberg group?
Speaker 4: I might be, But everybody's going to be talking about Iran here soon when we bomb the crap out of it, which I think is going to happen. I think we and Israel I didn't read that whole New York Times story from last weekend till this weekend.
Speaker 2: That was the one where, either on purpose.
Speaker 4: Or not, some source inside the Pentagon or the White House let the New York Times know the entire plan for attacking Iran, which included Israeli commandos going in and getting into the tunnels. And I mean, I mean that's been that was going to be a serious still might be a serious invasion of a major country in history, Israel sending commandos in and you know, fighting in the tunnels to try to get to the nuclear bomb making sights and US bombing and everything I got. Anyway, Iran is going to be top of mind when that happens. That's one of the reasons Richard Engel of NBC News is there. Here's what he had to say yesterday.
Speaker 6: The Iranians, both on the governmental level and on a popular level, are taking these talks extraordinarily seriously. In the US, they might not be getting a lot of attention. People are talking about Ukraine, the economy, the executive orders that trendsident Trump is giving. But here the only conversation that people are having is is focused on on these On these talks, people hope that they will be successful, People hope that they will end sanctions, and and a lot of people are worried that if they fail that there could be some sort of military action taken against Iran by Israel, by Israel and the United States together could be.
Speaker 4: There absolutely will be. And you know, I didn't finish my thoughts. So that story that was in the New York Times, some people are you know, you got to find the leaker and you know, have them shot for treason or whatever. It's quite possible that the Trump people gave that to the New York Times on purpose to let Iran know this is how serious we are. Israel's putting ground troops into Iran. That's how serious we are about this whole thing. That's what you're going to be dealing with. So you might want to get pretty serious.
Speaker 2: Scent a possibility, Yeah, yeah, man, that would be. That would be.
Speaker 4: I mean, Israel's been around since with forty nine or whatever, and there have been a number of major wars that movies have made. This would be right up there. I mean in terms of a big deal. They're putting ground troops in Iran. Holy crap. Anyway, And once again, isn't it nice to live in the United States where we're ignoring this story.
Speaker 2: Because nobody's gonna bomb you today.
Speaker 4: In Iran, it's all the talk, as Richard Dingle just said, because there's a chance the most sophisticated planes in the world, with the most sophisticated bombs on Earth start invading their.
Speaker 2: City any day now if it's some of the most fearsome sum bitches on Earth drop out of the sky at night in our ooching about in your cities and certainly your nuclear facilities. Yeah, we also have the luxury of not being directly threatened by Iran getting the bomb in a way that Israel are good Old Bud. Absolutely it a good point. Here's more, Richard Dingle.
Speaker 6: Just the fact that I am here is part of that initiative government is trying to open up. We've been given quite extraordinary access to government officials. I was at the Iranian parliament the other day talking to a ranking member of their National Security Committee. We've been able to walk around the streets without any kind of minders or escorts.
Speaker 2: A lot is happening here.
Speaker 6: There is a lot of change happening inside Iran that that doesn't get out.
Speaker 4: So they happily welcome Richard Engel into I assume he's in Tehran, so he can travel around with no minders or anything like that. New they want a very sympathetic face on the Iranian people.
Speaker 2: As you're about to hear here, a lot.
Speaker 6: Of these stereotypes people have about the Iranian people, they're not.
Speaker 2: What you what you you? What you what you see when you walk around on the streets here.
Speaker 6: Uh, there is a sophisticated culture that is very that that very much wants to engage with the world. You go to a coffee shop in Tehran, and not just in the wealthy areas, but anywhere in this city and in many places, it looks like you could be in a coffee shop in New York City or any part of Western Europe. The problem is because of the sanctions, because of the impositions imposed on Iran, they are almost cut off from the world.
Speaker 2: That's nice, really, that's an interesting way to describe how we got to the point that they're cut off from the world. Didn't have anything to do with the Madman Mullahs and the Islamic supremacists and the Revolutionary Guard. No, it was the West that did that.
Speaker 4: Well, right, And hey, Richard Engel, while you know, I feel bad for the average Iranian citizen who probably doesn't like the government anymore than I do, oh guaranteed, so the fact that they got modern New York style coffee shops.
Speaker 2: We should let them get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: I mean, because at the end of the day, it's about them getting a nuclear weapon and weather obliterating the.
Speaker 2: Jews, yes, exactly, and after that the Christians. Yes, but they do have nice coffee shops. He makes a good point. No, it sucks.
Speaker 4: You live in Toronto and you're some nineteen year old woman who hates the fact that the government makes you wear a headscarf, and you'd kill the Mullas with your bare hands if you had the chance yourself right, it would suck for you to get caught in a you know, a bomb.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This is uh. You know, the Mullahs are nuts, but they're not stupid. Likewise the Revolutionary Guard. It's really interesting to me. I've been unaware of the whole Wait, we're open, we're western, we have coffee shops, Dick Engel. You walk around anywhere you want, ask anybody you want anything. What are you talking about? A giant attack with bombs and commandos. Please have a cup of our excellent coffee. They are extremely weak. Y'all have probably heard this before. I'm not trying to, you know, repeat what you've heard or insult your intelligence. But Israel having taken out Iran's air defenses fairly recently and expose them even at that moment as being much much weaker than anybody thought. And at this point they are an infant in a bassinette in terms of their self defense capabilities, certainly against more sophisticated attacks. So apparently they're going full on let's be buddies. I've heard it on the right that no Trump has trying to sign us up for like Obama's Ronnie An Agreement two point zero. But I you know, I don't worship Trump as a god, but I don't think he's that bad a deal maker either. He's got to understand how weak they are and what an opportune moment this is to strike, whether you know, physically, kinetically strike or strike is in. All right, here's the deal you're being offered.
Speaker 4: Those war plans, and these were war plans that were put out in the New York Times weekend before last. It included which kinds of planes are going to launch from which base, at which moment, and in which order. I mean, it was quite detailed.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah, that's what the planners do.
Speaker 4: But well, I understand why the planners have it, but who gave that to the New York Times for what reason? M M, somebody who doesn't want this attack to happen. I mean your theory better, Well, I hope it's I hope it's my original theory that it's it's the Trump administration letting rand know, Hey, this is how serious we are. This is these are the details of the plans we've got ready to go, and we do. If it's somebody who released that stuff to try to stop it, You're you're telling them exactly which planes where take off? When I mean that is treason US.
Speaker 2: I would agree those were Help me understand those were US plans, Israeli plans or a combination combination? Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, that is treason US. Although the start actually in the field, but it's still like them whisked off to a secret prison for a while. Is Dick Cheneys still in business?
Speaker 4: I mean the fact that that Iran can now plan for Israeli commandos, right, there's nothing they can do about the air attacks as we're discussing seconds ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the uh yeah, planning for the specifics of the attack. Yeah, that's that's a very bad leak on the other side of if it was an actual like hostile lea the other side of it for SMEA.
Speaker 4: And I don't know who leaked this to Tucker, but Tucker Carlson claims he's got the Pentagon's own numbers on uh, what the reaction could be in it and included thousands dead in attacks on our military basis around the Middle East and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is I keep saying this. I don't. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like people feel this way. This would be the biggest thing we've done militarily sent shock in aw March two thousand and three when we attacked Iraq with a full army, and it might not necessarily go as smoothly either. U.
Speaker 2: No, No, well, yeah, having lived through a number of episodes from my childhood watching Vietnam through Iraq and Afghanistan, yeah, nothing goes as planned. On the other hand, the idea that thousands of our troops would die, I'm not buying that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm guessing that the it's a report that the Pentagon puts together with like the worst case scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worst case sinaratistics. Yeah, yeah, boy, the charm offensive is interesting. I wonder what's next with this. This is easily a big enough topic that it ought to be dominating the national discussion. But it's one of like eleven, right. I was just funny.
Speaker 4: I was just reading Mark Halpern's newsletter for today, just the number of giant stories and which directions they could go, uh, this one being.
Speaker 2: One of them. But the tariff thing, and I've solved it. You permit Iran to have the bomb, but you put one hundred and forty five percent tariff on it, so they can't afford to send it to US bomb. If there's no DEI will give them the funding. I don't know. It's all very complicated. We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 4: I just saw this in the Times. The Department of Homeland Security accidentally sent out notices that said it's time for you to leave to US citizens, which would have.
Speaker 2: Been funny if I got that alert on my phone. This is the federal government. It's time for you to leave. You know what what? Okay, where am I going.
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here, folks. It's time for you to leave. I've been told that before, as you all know. So, oh, I'm ready to self deport just to just name the time. Oh you know what I didn't get to today. We're actually talking about colleges and college funding and the Trump administration wrestling with Harvard. Who. Oh, by the way, I've forgotten. You know that Matt taye ebpiece we were talking about to yesterday that was so well written. I hadn't gotten to the end because it was pretty long. But he points out in one part that people have this idea of Harvard as being, you know, just packed with these super geniuses, the best of the best. He said, yeah, there are some real geniuses there. There are also lots and lots of morons, rich morons and legacy morons and whatever.
Speaker 1: Did go to Harvard?
Speaker 2: No, no, he did not.
Speaker 4: We asked somebody about that once and they told us that, and I remember it was was it Lanhi Chen he went to Harvard. It might have been II should put words in his mouth.
Speaker 2: He might not like that.
Speaker 4: But somebody we know who went to Harvard said, yeah, you'd be surprised. You're in classes with lots of people that are just.
Speaker 2: Very very average. Yeah, yeah, we have heard that, So here's the end of what he wrote. Were you about to jump into something I don't mean no hijack? Yeah, I was not because we had a loose plan. But for decades, the US has been transforming into a public private blob of intertwined bureaucratic unaccountability. The phenomenon is observable in every direction, from finance sector insulated by an implied bailout, to subsidized mass dysfunction and trade, healthcare, national security, and other sectors. The problem has been described by Corbett lobbyists fed up with big government, and by left leaning writers like Chris Hedges, whose Death of the Liberal Class chronicled the dangers of liberalizing NGOs. That's non governmental organizations losing independence as they're swallowed into the larger hole. Even democratic speech writers have conceded of late that it's become difficult to defe the Gordian knot that American society has become. Here's this conclusion about Harvard. Harvard is the ultimate example of an institution that's become more bureaucracy than university, where subsidies have reduced once mighty brains to a mush of arrogant entitlement. It could use some time in the wilderness. Other schools like Columbia could too if they find they can still thrive in the free market as censorious, imbecilic monocultures. Good for them. If not, maybe they'll rediscover the virtue as of academic inquiry. Trying to force that epiphany by presidential Fatwaw seems like a bad idea. Could we be lucky enough to see academia walk the plank voluntarily? Wow? I was listening to asorious imbecilic monocultures. That's what they are. I'm always saying that.
Speaker 4: I was listened to a podcast the other day and they're having the conversation of would you want your kid to go to Harvard? And almost everybody was a yes. But the reason for a the yes was the networking, the contacts you make.
Speaker 2: None of it was the education. I'm in the along line network are huge. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If mostly you want your kid to go to an Ivy League school because of the kind of people you hang around, Eh, that's a little to England for me. I'm reading a lot about rereading stuff about the spy network and all that sort of stuff in England, But all of that was based on the fact that they have such a class system in England.
Speaker 2: We don't want that in the United States. Yeah, I know. I've got to admit if I see somebody who's a fellow Illinois grad, I have this small bit of affection for them, which is doesn't make any sense whatsoever. We had some common experiences, but you body don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I don't think you probably have any of the I think a lot of the Harvard people, it's not just what you described. It's a you're part of us, the better people, the higher class of this and that.
Speaker 2: That should run the world. Yes, and we will look out for each other, whether they you know that that's like one hundred percent of why they do it or twenty percent of it. There's absolutely that elitists were better than everybody thing. But they're also because they're so full of themselves. They see a fellow Harvard grad or whatever, they want to hire them and help them and do something for them, to reafform that tribal affiliation. My point is my tribal affiliation is it exists, but it's weak. I mean, I understand how silly is it it is, even as I feel it, But if you're like steeped in the whole Harvard Crimson thing, you've got a super powerful tribal affiliation impulse. And that's good if you're a kid trying to get a first gig. For instance, Well, there's Jack Gan, there's Joke Band. It's kind of La Boy, Kad Green and Michael Land Stabby the klines. They're like dad, they're not a radio so there they're final class people.
Speaker 4: They have to go, Yeah, you got a puppy in your van? I know, Oh, oh my god, frightening. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap up the day. There is our technical director, Michael Angelo. Michael talked to us easy message today, Happy birthday to my wonderful wife. As she's listening, and uh, I think McDonald's has a new sandwich and so maybe you know you might be getting that you fuck wow, Michael disturbing. Yeah, rest in peace. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 7: As a final thought, Katie, well, I have a busy, very busy day ahead of me today. I was just notified that I owe Bridge toll and this notification came in from a hot mail email address, so I have to handle that.
Speaker 2: State of Oregon's using hotmail now or whatever. Jack a final thought for us.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I was thrown by Michael's birthday to his wife.
Speaker 2: She might be listening while you're thinking speaking of food. My final thought, I've been observing some of the construction crews working on our remodel project, and some of the fellas who are Mexican, Guatemala and whatever they are. Instead of like bringing packaged lunch or going out to McDonald's or whatever, they've set up with a pro pain like Camp Peter thing their own tacrea. They're eating fresh made, hot tortillaed tacos for lunch together in the shade. It looks fantastic. Why don't we gringos do that? And so bring the grill, you bring the burgers, not a bag of Doritos and the red Bull or yeah, some crap you got out of the freezer case of the seven to eleven, right, that's cool, to kill you.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people think, so little time go to Armstrong a geddy dot com Many pleasures who wait you there, including the why did you say it like that? I sinking myself including hot links, armstrung yeddy dot com see tomorrow, God bless America. We've really tried to understand things from the perspective. I'm strong and getty. We're in fear territory right now. How in the hell are we sitting by and allowing this to happen as that great Chicago and Ferris Bueller wants noted? Or you're not going to hear much about that on corporate television. By the way, eat more beans, good for you, make America healthy again, and flagelent. But that's the key with beans. Ease into it anyway, that's the key with beans, strong and getdy,