Speaker 1: Tourist.
Speaker 2: I'm the homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 3: You don't know if you don't lie about that.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 4: It's Lauren L.
Speaker 2: Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren L.
Speaker 4: Rosa.
Speaker 2: This year DELI dig on all things pop culture and it's timing news and all of the conversations that shake the room. It's so crazy because I just hit record to do this intro. I'm in the car right now. We are headed to the mountains somewhere. We're celebrating and bringing in the new year with Bozma and her friends and all of her family.
Speaker 4: We are here in Ghana. I've been here since.
Speaker 2: It's been like it feels like it feels like forever, but it also feels like I just got here because it's just such a good time. We've been here for about two days, so we've been doing rewinds on the podcast and this is my first time doing this intro since like Christmas, I've pre recorded so much content for you guys to make sure you just had something and I had to smiling. I'm like, y'all, this year, we really we were we were podcasters this year, we really did this. So currently you guys will hear in the background. Then we'll put the window down so you can't.
Speaker 3: More of it.
Speaker 2: So we are riding through a night market in Ghana, currently in traffic as we head to Bo's Bosna Saint John and her booth thing Kelly. Y'all know when I was all up in their business when she came to the breakfast club formerly of when I'm formally she's still there. Uh, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yeah, it's I don't know, it's just a good feeling to get back on here hoppen and do the intro real quick. I promise you guys to be bringing you all new episodes, of course, but before we do that, I did want to make sure we were took a rewind, took a second to look back, cause I said, this year we were podcasting. But y'all, this year really really late a foundation that I'm so proud of. Uh here at the lady learned the roads of the podcast, and I went back and went through and pulled our top ten episodes from the year Lowriders. Let me tell y'all we started off this year, cause the podcast turns one in March, so we started off twenty twenty five just as an idea. We launched in March and we are now over eight million listeners strong going into twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I am so.
Speaker 2: Excited for us. So just real quick, I know that there's been a lot going on in the news, and you guys haven't really heard from me. I did want to take some time to send some love and some prayers to Anthony Joshua and his family and his team. That's the boxer from the UK who got into the accident. I know his family's from Nigeria though he got into the accident, the car accident in Nigeria and recorded we lost two people very close to him, including training people from his training team, and that happened, you.
Speaker 4: Know, within life's like twenty four hours as well.
Speaker 2: So there's been a lot of news breaking around that, and a lot of people I know have actually traveled back. People who I know are who are from Nigeria and Ghana. They've traveled back home to bring in the new year and because of the holidays. So I can't imagine, you know, what he's dealing with, just kind of you know, trying to figure all of this stuff out as he heads into the new year. So I wanted to open with that and then, you know, bringing in some more lighter news. Beyonce is a billionaire. I've I've been seeing that everywhere. But Matthew Knows told y'all a minute ago back in I think it was like twenty eighteen. He sat downe with Ladd and he said, Beyonce been a billionaire. I'm sorry, I said a millionaire. Let me get this right on Beyonce's Internet. Beyonce is a billionaire h officially according to Forbes, who announced this within the last twenty four hours as well. But Matthew Knows told us a long time ago that baby Girl was holding okay, and then U I posted this to the Brown gar grind name Instagram. If you guys are missing hearing from me, make sure you follow us on Instagram everywhere loring the roads of the Brown Girl Grinding and also on X cause I am posting news actively as I see it there too. Y'all got a lot of funny replies to this one. But Diddy sons as we end twenty twenty five or deciding they wanna hop in the docuseries game and do their own docuseries about what it's been like going through all of this stuff as the sons of Sean Ditty combs from the indictment to the trial to you know, living life without their dad right now who is behind bars. And I did see that justin went and you know visited Uh Diddy on Christmas, which I mean.
Speaker 4: I expected that, uh, but that was a story as well too.
Speaker 2: So there are some things that have been happening, and I promise will be back with all the updates, and I'm gonna bring you guys some exclusive content here from Ghana. And speaking of y'all, I went to Afro Future. I saw Rama performed live for the first time. It's been such a great experience. It has been such a good experience. So I got some audio from that I want you guys to take a listen to. Then we're gonna rewind it and to take a look at some of our biggest moments for the for the year, I hope everybody is staying safe, having a good holiday season, and bring it in a new year the right way. Write down some things you want to accomplish, because I already got some things listed for us over here at the latest it's one of the rods that I will see you guys in the next episode. But wait, stay tapped in because there's a lot to listen to. We got Remo, we got the rewind.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Celeb You're to see the celebrade this day.
Speaker 5: So I want you to move.
Speaker 1: You can meaning to any given something that want anyone to get you on the screen streets at its.
Speaker 5: Kiss me say that she's music.
Speaker 2: And then Donald Trump decides to get on truth Social and respond to Charlemagne who went on Fox News and said this, let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: I do think and this is I think that I think that conservative traditional conservatives are going to take the Republican Party back. I think there's a political coopan right.
Speaker 3: Now in the Republican Party that people aren't paying attention to.
Speaker 6: Oh interesting, Yeah, I think that the I think that this, this this Epstein thing is going to be a way for traditional conservatives to take their party back.
Speaker 3: I really do. I think that. I think that I think that they know this is the issue that has gotten the base routed up. The base. The magabase isn't letting this issue go.
Speaker 6: And for the first time they know they can you know, probably take their party back and not piss off the magabase.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, I think they're going to do that.
Speaker 7: Well, I would say, you know, we've never seen a typical election since the day that Donald Trump came down the Golden escalator.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that.
Speaker 7: I don't know that we'll ever see another typical kind of traditional election with traditional Republicans.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I feel like things have changed, the game changed, And to say that the old guard is going to kind of come back, that's that's a lot, that's a big saying.
Speaker 6: But that's the mistake. Republic is going to be. Republics are going to make the same mistake that Democrats made. And I'll tell you what I mean by that. Barack Obama was a one of one, once in a lifetime, you know, political juggernaut. And since Barack Obama, every Democrat has tried to be Barack Obama.
Speaker 3: You're not, you can't.
Speaker 7: You got to be yourself.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the same thing with Republicans. Say what you want.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump is a once in a lifetime, one on one political juggernute. You're not going to be Donald Trump. So if you think you're going to be able to do what Donald Trump has done. Talk the way Donald Trump is talking, get away with what Donald Trump's.
Speaker 3: Got away with, It's not going to happen.
Speaker 6: So everybody, right now we have the opportunity to have like a huge reset.
Speaker 3: I think you should blow it all up.
Speaker 6: I think that people are really sick and tired of what we present.
Speaker 3: We've been presented from both parties.
Speaker 6: By the way, we knew this before the last election.
Speaker 3: They were telling us that.
Speaker 6: Like seventy percent of people did not want to see a rematch between Trump all body. So it's just like we know we want something different. Everybody wants something different. So I think that if Democrats keep doing the same old thing, they're gonna keep getting the same results. And every Republicans, you know, think that they can repeat what has been done and don't try to give the people something new, they're going to get the results they don't want.
Speaker 4: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 2: This is not anything that Charlottage has not been saying for I think when I would say for the last month, maybe two months, he's been having this conversation about Epstein and why Democrats should not let up on it, why this should be you know, the hot button topic that Democrats lean in on the same way that Republicans lean in on, you know, transgender conversations and you know all those things. Right, like they have, I have their topic that they leaning on heavily. They use it to incite the masses and get people listening and show, Okay, here's what we can do. And they're changing laws and changing rules and all these things. That has been Charlemagne's point for the last like two months, right, and he's been saying it and yelling it and screaming it. But baby, when he sat across from Laura Trump and said it, oh, the people is upset. I tweeted out just the videos from the interview, and I ain't never seen I thought the shadroom comments got messy, Baby, I ain't never seen that many people arguing about the things. You got some people feeling like Donald Trump gathered Charlemagne. You got some people feel like I've literally one girl said, I've never wanted Charlemagne to be right as much as I want him to be right about what he just said on Fox News with Laura Trump. And I think the reason is is, I mean, to his point, some of y'all thought that you know, having Donald Trump in office would be the key to whatever it is that you need, whether it's more money in your household, the price of groceries going down, you know, being able to go a job and you know, not be targeted because you're a person of color working that job or not.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're just checking a box.
Speaker 2: Under DEI and just having DEI even exists so that you could even walk through the doors of the job. Let's talk about that, right, But other people feel like the complete opposite. Now let's get into what Trump actually said. So Trump got on truth Social, which is his version of X, and he said, the wonderful and talented Laura Trump, whose show is big ratings success, put racist sleeves back. Charlotte made the God. First of all, I don't even believe that black people can be racist. But that's a whole other conversation. Argue with your mom. And he put in parent disease. Why is he allowed to use the word God? At least he capitalized God because you should when describing himself. Can anyone imagine the uproar there would be if I use that nickname. He doesn't have to, He's already positioned himself well above dictatorship.
Speaker 4: He's a low IQ individual.
Speaker 2: He has no idea what words are coming out of his mouth, and he knows nothing about me or what I've done. Trump then can to use like just ending five wars, including mind you let me just say, for clarification here and for all purposes, I don't know if any of this is true. I am not the you know, political voice or face. I know enough to get me to the ballot. I know enough to try and keep me safe in this last election. It did not work, But I know enough, right, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: If all this is true.
Speaker 2: And we know that President Trump loves to uh Trump things and speak very President trump ish, but he lists some things that he says that he's done. So President Trump says he's ended five wars, including a thirty one year blood bath between Republicans of the Congo and Rwanda where seven million people have died and there was no end in sight.
Speaker 3: He didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Or India and Pakistan. Or wiping out Iran's nuclear capabilities. I know that, you know he sent the strikes over there to Ihran, or closing the horrendous open border, or creating the greatest economy where prices and inflation have come way down and we're stupid, And he puts stupid in caps and corrupt, corrupt in caps.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden. Of course, Joe Biden is in all caps.
Speaker 2: Set the record for doing the worst job as president ever.
Speaker 4: Ever isn't all caps.
Speaker 2: But let's not shy away from the fact that Charlemagne actually says while they're on Fox News that he's been critical of Joe Biden as well.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, man, regardless of who's in the White House, that person represents all of America, and I reserve the right to criticize both parties well, and I would.
Speaker 7: Say that person is a representative of America and we should all want that person to succeed for America. Right, no matter your political viewpoints.
Speaker 6: Right, one hundred percent agree. Like when you ask me, you know, what do I think Trump has done? President Trump's done over the last six months. I don't want to say that I think he did a terrible job. But if he's doing a terrible job, I got to call this like it is.
Speaker 4: And if it was a direct disagree.
Speaker 3: And I understand that you can have your view point.
Speaker 6: But if I gave President Biden the same, hell too, you know, because I didn't think he was doing a good job. All we want is somebody in those positions that's going to do a good job. I'm not a party person in no way, shape or for him. I want to say I'm an independent, but that don't make no sense because there's only two parties in this country, right, so you're gonna end up voting for one of them.
Speaker 2: Trump continues, but this dope Charlemagne, I'm surprised if he's saying he thinks Charlemagne is dope or is he saying that, like Charlemagne is on dope, But this dope Charlemagne will vote for Sleepy Joe or Kamala.
Speaker 4: Remember one year ago, our country was dead. Dead is in all caps.
Speaker 2: Now it's the hottest, because hottest is in all caps country anywhere in the world.
Speaker 4: Maga. We also got to remember to that some time ago, Charlemagne was getting dragged.
Speaker 2: I mean, every auntie, every black church, every political head, black, white or indifferent. That was you know, for the Dems, especially if you were black. Charlemagne wasn't your friend, y'all. Remember that because he was saying things like this.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump shows me was politically possible. Trump's what presidents can do if they want to do it. Donald Trump shows me what can be said if you are willing to say it. It's not about what can't be done, it's about who has the political will to do it. I don't want to hear peep from Democrats about nothing until they get the boss say what's really on their mind in regards to this country in this world.
Speaker 2: So for people to use this as a moment of a but wait, weren't you all for Sleepy Joe and all the things? And we got to get Charlottagne up out of here to be honest with y'all. The day that Kamala won, the Breakfast Club broadcasted from DC. We broadcasted from Howard University, and you know, it was supposed to be historic, like Kamala Harris was going to win the election black woman, and you know, after defeating Donald Trump, and we would be at Howard University, her alma mater, and you know, all things black will go down and celebration, and we were there and it just didn't feel like that was what was going to happen. After a while, and you're there in real time watching it happen. We ended up leaving before she was even able to come out and make the small remarks. No, I don't even think she came out and made remarks that night, but we ended up leaving. Nonetheless, we left before the actual voter night ceremony at Howard University was over. But I remember we broadcasted from Maryland the next morning, and I remember texting Charlemagne and saying, what are you going to get on err? And say tomorrow, because everybody listens to you when it comes to politics. Everybody I know listens to Charlomagne. And I don't think it's because because I think here when Trump is talking about IQ and what he does or he doesn't know, I think a lot of times with politics, and Charlemage has actually credited Donald Trump for doing this. A lot of times with politics, people would like to make it seem like if you don't know everything, if you can't rattle off every poll number or every mass world event, you shouldn't be speaking and people should not be listening to you. But ironically enough, what Charlemagne has given Donald Trump credit for is going right through that and making it clear that that is not true. But Donald Trump is using the same rhetoric that people will throw at every day people. And honestly that a lot of the Democrats have gotten shit for right because a lot of the Democrats, people like to say they're elitist.
Speaker 4: They only want to talk and listen to each other.
Speaker 2: And when I say each other, I mean those people that I mentioned, the people who can rattle off all the numbers and all this, not the everyday people who are going through these things, who they might not know everything, but they know what they're experiencing every single day. And I think Donald Trump is missing the fact that because even Laura Trump said it on our show, Donald Trump is missing the fact that the everyday people, the listener to the breakfast club, to a voice like a show, I mean the god who is tuned in every day, who is relying on you to get information. So information, of course, in factual information is always important, but people just want to hear from someone who they believe, feel them that they can trust, and he has become that. Donald Trump is making it seem like he doesn't understand that or know that. But baby Donald Trump ain't taking his time to tape out this paragraph, this essay.
Speaker 4: This thesis.
Speaker 2: If he didn't believe it, I think the irony of politics always end up showing their hands. Because how ironic that Donald Trump used the breakfast club right to lean into that hot button topic to try and help him create commercial ads to win the campaign against Kamala.
Speaker 4: Here shall remember this.
Speaker 6: Kamala supports taxpayer funded sex changes for presidente.
Speaker 4: Surgery for prisoners.
Speaker 2: Every transgender inmate in the prison system would have access.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't want my taxpayer dollars going to that.
Speaker 6: Kamala supports transgender sex changes in jail with our money. Kamala even supports letting biological men compete against our girls in their sports.
Speaker 4: Kamala is for dy them.
Speaker 3: President Trump is for you. I'm Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump, and I improved this message.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, the minute that Charlottagne disagrees, and honestly, the disagreement wasn't even like a bias disagreement.
Speaker 4: It was very fair.
Speaker 2: It was I have the right to criticize, and I don't believe that you were doing a good job, and so here's what I'm going to do. Right, But the minute that he hears that on the platform that you know, he obviously wants to promote Laura Trump, his daughter in law. So he's going to lean and he's going to pay attention. He's going to give it like he does. But it's insane because the same person that has this low he said low iq and has no idea of the words that are coming out.
Speaker 4: Of his mouth.
Speaker 2: You ran these ads Donald Trump for about a good six month, like a very long time, to the point where anywhere I went, whether I was in church, I was with my family, it was a family cook out, the reunion.
Speaker 4: You had the aunties, mad At.
Speaker 2: Sister Charlene, Charlemagne to God, okay baby all his I talk a lot about him not having a hairline. He might have grew one back from the stress if he leaned into the amount of people who were upset at the breakfast club for that Trump ad because it was taken out of context. Number One, they were never campaigning for Trump or anything that he was doing. They were having a conversation about some of the trans law and trance conversation.
Speaker 4: But it's just ironic, right, But.
Speaker 2: That's how this politics thing go. And that's what I'm beginning to learn, is like all this is a facade. People don't really know who they're against, who they're with, nothing at all. There was one part of this interview though, that I feel like a lot of people are not going to focus on because it's not the Hey, this is the argument between Trump and Charlemagne point, it's not the Caddy Housewives vibe.
Speaker 4: But to my point of.
Speaker 2: Focusing on the people and what the people actually care for, what the people actually want done, and finding a person who actually cares about that and wants to get it done and not just their hot button topic, and using people when it makes sense for them, and then going against these people or going at these people when it makes sense for them. Right, Donald Trump talks about fake news and how the news is sensationalized, and he just, you know, got this settlement, this huge settlement, right because he claimed that sixty minutes altered a Kamala Harris interview by editing the interview. Essentially, that leans into him feeling like the news was going to be reported or displayed in a very disproportionate way. I think that it's funny that then you see Donald Trump right now, if you are a person who did not and I don't know how you wouldn't if you're under or maybe you're.
Speaker 4: Under a rock.
Speaker 2: But if you're a person right now who knows nothing about the Breakfast Club, nothing about Charlamagne the God, you would think that Charlemagne is this non neutral, heavily critical Trump hater. And I mean, we're not throwing out we love you, welcome back du to Harlem, shake on the mace, Welcome back Donald Trump party when the man walked back into office. But I think, if we're being honest, a lot of people have had to come around to the point of the president is the president. So I'm criticize you the same way I was criticizing everybody else. Because my main goal here is to get what I need as a United States citizen, to get what the people need as citizens. So I show all of this to you guys that say, Andy Cohen, you are focused on the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 2: We need the real husbands of the White House, the real girls of the White House, and we need an a sap because that's where all the drama is. One thing Donald Trump know how to do is start up a storyline, because, as y'all see, when he wants to use your voice, he uses it when he wants to use your voice in another way he uses it. I don't know, I'm feeling the real husbands of the White House. I don't know how y'all are feeling, or the real girls at the White House. Because it's very catty. This gives like this is bitter baby mama energy. Okay, and I'm prob I expect more of the man who is in my white House.
Speaker 4: But again, he.
Speaker 2: Also left out a lot of words in this truth social post. He also left out a lot of grammar in this true social posts. He also left out a lot of like common sense in this truth social post.
Speaker 4: So what do we expect now? If I'm taking it to the streets in the tweets, call the dukes we outside, we outside, we outside? Okay, every other page.
Speaker 2: I told y'all that I posted this as news. Make sure you guys are following me everywhere. It's Laura l Rosa everywhere and Laura the Rosa iconic on TikTok. I do things that get the people going online as well as far as posting my stories. I know, and when I do it, I don't do it to you know, get into the trump of all of the things, like I'm not trying to incite no riots. You know, I'm just trying to cause good conversation because that's what we do here at the Latest, right. So when I posted this, I simply said hey, and I tagged Charlemagne Donald Trump is mad at you. And then I said, you know, Trump is taking shot, said Charlemagne to God via True Social following a Fox newsit down that he did, we are currently at almost twenty thousand views and that's like, I literally just did this, so it'll it'll go bigger. But man, people are going crazy. So you chay, I believe that's how you say you? Chase said, quick, somebody send Trump a book on the five percent lesson since he he's so confused about someone using the God moniker and then someone else. Yeah, I'm Stacy said, but yet he used Charlotte for his campaign, ran paid ads with him, in Envy's words, to manipulate his fan base fraud. Woke in present on X said what makes him low IQ? Talking about Charlemagne? What makes him a low IQ individual? Did Trump see his IQ results from the IQ test that he took or is it simply because he's black? Well, let me tell you something, Woke in present, Charlemagne is a little slow. But I don't think that Trump has seen an IQ test. I think Charlemagne just wanted to throw something at him to get him going, because again, nothing was low IQ when he was using that ad to help him get seated where he is right now. It's just so funny to me when people like to act like they don't understand the power of black voice, the power of certain individuals. There was a list going of black men that the black community did not want to see talk about politics anymore.
Speaker 4: It was like a these people.
Speaker 2: Don't stand for us, so stop inviting them on your platform. And Charlamage was one of the people. I don't agree with that. And it's not just because I work at the Breakfast Club. This is something that even prior to it was very clear to see that in a political space, when you're talking black voice, there are talking heggs, which is why a Biden comes on the Breakfast Club, and not even just talking heads, but black spaces. There is no space right now in media that is as mass, as wide ranging, as big, as diverse, in as long running as the Breakfast Club. I challenge you guys, right if you can find a media platform that reaches as many people, that covers as many wide range topics, that has engagement in the numbers that the Breakfast Club does, the guests in the intersection between culture, hip hop, politics, all the things. If you can find a show that does it, tweet me at me, y'all know, I'd be outside in the streets and in the tweets.
Speaker 4: I want to know, because when people criticize.
Speaker 2: Platforms like the Breakfast Club and then moments like this happened, I'm like, do we, especially black people, do we not see why we should champion what we have? So like, if your issue is that the Breakfast Club doesn't always have all the information, say that. Don't say, hey, breakfast Club should no longer exist, because obviously Donald Trump sees the beauty in the goldness in Charlotteage of God in a breakfast club. So it does, Lord Trump. They don't look like us. But that list that I'm talking to you about that didn't come from a person that looks like them. You came from a person that looks like us. Y'll se where I'm getting at. So I'm a head on out right now because I'm sure you guys are already pretty mad, but make sure you guys tune in at the end of the day. I tell you guys all the time, there's always so much that we could be talking about, and y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about it, but y'all choose to be right here with me when you do it, and I'm always so grateful for you, guys, my lowriders. Make sure you guys tune in for my next episode. I had a lot playing today and then Trump decided to wake up and I don't Charlotte must die and't paid child up for a long time. I don't know what's going down, but baby, it got the plot going. I will see you guys in the next episode with more. It's always the latest with marn Rosa.