Speaker 1: R and B Money.
Speaker 2: We are take Melchi.
Speaker 1: We are the authorities R and B Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: My name is Tank Valentine and this is the R and B Money Podcast, the authority of all things R and B oh ball.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we in the A T lay and we have to see that.
Speaker 2: Maine, Don Main. I'm not gonna waste time on this this show. We don't get right to it. My brother, my love for.
Speaker 1: Jose Fier, the ladies and gentlemen. You're not trying to Marfa and George Shulana, Jassey, Finzel, Burgundy, Obama, Luther King Jr. Jackson five, the first in the building. R and B Money. We're gonna change it starring Be Money, a little bigger than just R and B starring Be and sometimes it's Coach starring me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Allard fingers, we're doing We're starting early.
Speaker 1: We don't take it.
Speaker 2: There, listen, brother, Yeah, we've been doing this man a long time.
Speaker 1: Long time, long long long time, long.
Speaker 2: Time since Papa John's Beason with the garlic dippers up, you.
Speaker 1: Know, long long time, the whole back at back at the new time on the about the railroad tracks. Man, long long time.
Speaker 2: We need a Papa John's partnership. Won't be out here your shout niggas.
Speaker 1: Hey shot, Papa John, come on with shout this baby. How you been man? Hey man?
Speaker 2: Blessed bro Yeah, blessed and hally favor every every time I scroll past your page, Man, you smile and you're making some music. You living your life. You're enjoying yourself, and that's what that's that's what I know about. Jes gona have a good time, you know what I'm saying. I've had many a good time. When you better have a good time, when you you better have a good time when you with him? What if God says talk about it, talk about that.
Speaker 1: Your gifts will make room for and that didn't that just see that, man, like, look at y'all. Look at y'all, man, look like y'all could be doing y'all first projects. I'm just saying that about you like a youngster. But that's your gift making room. The Lord is preserved, you know what I'm saying. Time people don't look at it like that, you know what I mean? Right? Yeah, And sometimes we forget you know what I mean? But when you go to your class reunions. He sometimes get reminded. You'd be like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Hold, but we were the same.
Speaker 1: We was in the eleventh grade together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, man, we lived some good life. It was just you were sustained for I'm blessed. We're blessed, sustained for a reason. We we are designed. Our design is something different. Yeah, you know, I mean, and so what has been given to us is the the the favor within our appearance. Mmmmm okay, so that so that we we never die.
Speaker 1: My mom always say favorite ain't fair.
Speaker 2: Baby, ain't fair. I mean, talking about certain things. She'd be like, she just cut me off and be like, favorite ain't fair. Say you, yeah, not everybody time your time, you hear me. Yeah, and you and you've and you've had your time for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, listen, listen. I love when you got to step.
Speaker 1: In away at them sun rays. Just gotta I learned how to, you know. I stood on the on the set with Diddy and all them guys and say, oh, that's how you do it. You know what I'm saying. He made it fashionable to push people out the way. You know what I'm saying like that a cool way, like you know what I'm saying, sip hop excuse me, but you better do something cool when you when you yeah, because it's your time. Yeah Yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Jack. You know you have a you have a rich history. Hey man, your history started before you was even in the womb. Oh you hear me, You understand I'm saying you hear me. I want to get into some of your your rich history, like go back to the beginning where this is, Where does all this come from? All that is the very.
Speaker 1: Origin for for you guys that you know, for modern day to give it to y'all in the modern day, and it's it's it's a blessing that I can even do that and make y'all get it. I started right before, probably a couple of years before got got no not, got not. I am bened swag bood do do do That bass player is my daddy. That's my dad. My dad is the leader of the Barcas, the legendary the legendary Barcades. And he was seventeen years old at the time when he played on that record and they played I think that that live on YouTube. You can go look at it Otis Redding. The Barcas were the house band for Stax Records, and so when you had a new artist come up, the Barcades would play behind them. And Otis was like, I want the Barcas to be my band. Yes, said my dad. Team, Yes they were the band. They were the band. Now. Tragically, the Barcads passed away in a plane crash before I was born, minus my pop. He did not get on that plane. He was the odd man out. They were on a private plane and they were going into Madison, Wisconsin somewhere and they crashed in that in that water. And one member uh survived the crash was Ben Carley, who was one of my godfathers. I got several godfathers. I got a few of them, you know what I'm saying. It was a trumpet player. He survived, but he was never the same. But one other guy who was my dad's best friend besides Otis Redding, who passed in the playing crash as well. His name was Failing Jones. I'm failing Alexander. I was named after Failing Jones, who was my dad and my mom's best friend. Yeah. So yeah, so he started that's where That's where man, that's where it started. It started like that, you know what I'm saying. So you know, and and you know later on, you know, mom and mom and dad had Finzel, you know.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't the only huh. But Pops wasn't the only side with the music though, No Mom was.
Speaker 1: Mom was on it too. She sang with, She sang with a lot of different people. She sang with Philip Bailey and when he had his gospel the Living Epistles. She sang with d J Rogers, Billy Preston, uhh, Charlie Wilson got banned, all of them and several others. Man, give me, give give me the samp for your mama's own. Oh uh uh siyy When you hear that, uh, I don't know my mama singing on that, yeah that And then you might heard she's also singing on the Common record Fame to the what Yeah, that's that's the DJ Rogers, That's that's my mama. And I'm singing, yes you heard that one? To come on, man, they had me in those places. I've been sitting up there when when Michael McDonald was telling Kenny Logers to sing it again. You were there yes, yes, No, it's like you think that maybe it's so singing to it again. Yeah, you the little boy in the studio and the cut my mama's hip.
Speaker 2: How old are you? You're on the hip? Okay, on the hip. So you absorbing? Yeah, absorbing a sponge.
Speaker 1: I was sliding. I was sliding faders at seven eight years old. Yeah, that's a bar because I was sliding. I was sliding faders. I was sliding. I'll tell these cats all the time when when they try to like block me out the studio or something, I was like, boy, I was in the studio for you was allowed to go in when they told you this, probably slap your hand and tell you don't touch that. Yeah, you already knew how to work it right. Cats my age though, you know what I'm saying, Like, No, you wasn't in the studio when I was in the studio. I've been in the studio though, So when did it hit you? When did?
Speaker 2: I mean, of course you're in the studio with the faders, you're absorbing it. You're seeing it from both sides, and it's in Memphis.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't raised in Memphis. I was born in Memphis. My mom and dad separated early when I was like four, and I moved my mom my mo.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: My grandmother was living in in Inglewood in California. So and my cousin was also living there. My cousin, Paula, she she lived there not too far from my grandmother and she was working for Castle Blank of Records. And my mom she went out there, you know, because they they out there. My my uh, my grandmother was hanging out with Harol Melvin and the Blue Notes at the time. Yeah. You know what I'm saying, yea, yeah, moving away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying to you is that it's not on yeah, baby, it's seeing me, you know what I mean. Used to dance on Soul Train. We was that. We was that. So you were raised where? Yeah, in l A. Mostly mostly in California, but back and forth because you know, uh, I used to go back to in the summer time with Pop and my dad. My dad was in Memphis. My dad was in Memphis, so you know, with the Barcades, I go on the road with the Barcades, and he knew it was in me, so he takes me with him. I be on the hip. You know what I'm saying, so me and my brother, you know, we'd be back and forth. And when did you start tinkering? Man?
Speaker 2: Probably in high school? Yeah, in high school.
Speaker 1: L A talent shows high school in uh rialto California.
Speaker 2: Okay, I went to Eisenhower, Bro, you I have no idea. I also as I also went to Loveland Church. Hey, bro, watch when the watch when the IV brothers see this and they realized.
Speaker 1: Then this I know the mighty o t Listen, look California. You know he gets come on dog. I mean, but I was still I'm still on Memphis, but I'm still Cali. Still, I'm all over. That's what thus you got the you know the shizzle. So that's why you get the you know the Cali side. You know, me just running into everybody along the way, from Snoop Dogg to you know to you know, all of these guys. But when I came back to Memphis, I got a record deal. I got a record deal in ninety one, singing Yes with Well, Singing and rapt with Electric Records with Doug Daniels over there Electric Records, and probably a year after I dropped a single. Year after during that single, Bob kras Now who was the CEO. He passed away. That's when they brought in Ruber ro Reguez. Wait, so are you Jazzy Fayette? No, I was. I was failing l o n Failing. That was my performance name when I when I did my first show, Bust of Rhymes and dink O d and all of them dudes came in a super room all like they was like they jumped out of a damn clown car. They all got out of the car and came to my my video shoot in New York because I did shoot in New York at the time, and so I did my first video. It was like yo, failing yo beat, you know, like you know what I'm saying. That was the first time I see the spliff, you know, you know what I mean. So he's like, y'all my label mates be you know what I mean. So it was like that, like since back then, you know what I mean. And Keith Sweat was on the label King Yeah yeah, I think and Touch record was out at the time to hype to put on my best I can't believe that she said in Sweat right there. I think that was his group, wasn't it. He's had something I got yeah, sweat l something I was. I would remember when Derrick Daniels and then called Keith and saying, hey, Bro, you a star. You gotta you gotta quit working at the at the stock Market. I remember that conversation when he called my daddy and told him what he had to tell. Keith said, Man, you don't have to tell Keith Man he had had to quit that job. Keep was like, man, I ain't quit my job. Baby.
Speaker 2: He's still on Wall Street still to this day. Hey, j called me after that. You know what I mean, that's that's seven o'clock. When that seven clock here, baby, you know I be on that. He's not playing, He's not playing.
Speaker 1: No, he diligent about that bag. Still about that bag? Love Keith. So first singles.
Speaker 2: I've been doing Keith since then. So first singles out, first singles out? Okay, what's going on? Is he?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: When? The when? The when? The record it was moderate I was on my second single. I think Mark the forty five King remixed it. You heard so he remixed it. This is this is my head is spinning, bro. I'm telling you I got him now. So so at the time when when Bob Krasno passed like that's the original. That was his record mark, the forty five King and Love. You know, he grabbed it. But the I got, I got dropped from the label because you know, anybody who wouldn't sell five hundred the better was dropped because the new, the new reign is coming in. I was on. I was on an independent label which my dad was also like head of promotions, which I moved back to Memphis to come and join the label, you know, and and my dad helped me get my deal over the lecture, so I didn't I no longer had a deal, but we had a studio. We had a studio, and the record label was called Mega Jam Records. Mega Jam Records. Uh. Terry Stocks was the was the CEO at the time. He was a street cat turn honest, you know what I'm saying. And he was hanging around Penny Hardaway at the time. I remember when Penny Hardaway had got it to some stuff and he got shot in his foot. No no, yeah, I don't know, and they didn't want him around. They didn't want him around. And and then you know Niga in the foot right right when he was going to Trailwell, you know what I'm saying high school, in high school. In high school, yep, yep. He was my It was a it was, you know, freak accident type thing that was trying to rob Terry's liquor store. But he had he had Penny with him. He was always with him, you know what I'm saying. So you know, you always got a guy in the street, you know what I'm saying, you know, helping, helping out. So I was there, you know what I'm saying. When Penny was in there, you know, and had tread well on fire and you could breathing room only in there, and and Spike Lea show up breathing room he had. They was winning every game. They was winning every game. He come flying from downtown, you know what I mean. But anyway, he had a studio, Terror Starks had a studio. And when I went back to the studio, I noticed that none of the people that were there, I didn't I didn't know about budgets, and you know, I wasn't there for the business. I was just there for the creativity part. And so when I got back, I'm like, nobody's coming to the studio calling people, ain't ask in the phone. And his little white kid named Mike Patterson. I don't know if you'll ever met Mike. He used to work for bad Boy and then he went to Niners Nails and I don't know where he is now, but Mike Patterson was like our little house in in there and he was sitting there reading a book or something, and he said, Jazzy, the reason why people aren't coming is because the money's gone, said, the money's gone. But guess what have you heard that music without you? I was like Noah. He was like, man, it doesn't sound like it does when you're around. That's because you've been producing it the whole time. You're just not programming it. You're not programming it. So like Quincy Jones, he goes in and he produces his records and he orchestrates it. That's the same thing you do, he said, but now it's just you. So you just needed to get on this NPC and learn and get get down with. Sliced T was one of my mentors, Excepted was my same age. Arnold Hennings was on our staff. Arnold Hennings made cupe it really yeah. Arnold Hennings was Yeah, he did cup it. He was one of the first people out of our crew to sign a deal. He signed a deal with Dallas Austin and made it. Made me look like Dang that boy that went to Atlanta and just went crazy. He's over there with Timmy Bob and was on fire. It was working on he worked on. He worked on the Boys and Boys, the men house, all that keyboard work. That's Arnold.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dang guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm going to Jack the Rapper. Come on, I went to Jack the Rapper. So I'm at Jack the Rapper and I see, I see Diddy. I seen Diddy. He had on these big old He had the big Bobby brown pants, some pat leathers, no socks, a Pokadont shirt button all the way to the top, and a briefcase and he had a he had a little a small little briefcase then you know, the one like your big one. He opened it up and he had he had a card. He said, he said, my name is Puff Daddy. He said, if you want to be with the next generation of bad motherfuckers, come over the uptown m That's how he was introducing and he walked off. He walked off. The next time he saw me, I was on stage I was on stage and he said, Yo, I want to sign you the bad Boy. I want to sign you the bad Boy. I got a new label called bad Boy. That was the next year, and and I and when I got to the door, it was it was this kid. He had on he had on the pumps. I was like, who, come, where you get them pumps from? Because I knew nobody had the pumps. It was Dallas Austin. I was there, was like, my boy said, hey, that's that Charles Farrar. Charles Farrar and Troy Taylor, they were the characters. They were the characters. And Bernard Alexander.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: They was like, come on, y'all, y'all come through this door. Man. Hey. I remember him saying, hey, man, you gotta let these guys in, these of the young telling these young talented cats. You know what I'm saying, ain't got no passes, but letting me in. Let him go get some credentials, you know what I'm saying. He said, you know this Dallas Austin. Man, it's the boy that did he miss the DJ song. I was like, bro, I heard you song like twenty times a day. You know what I'm saying. I was like, and I started saying, hey, mister DJ, you know what I'm saying. That's I mean Dallas Austin. So me and Dallas stuck together him sneaking and everything that weekend. He didn't have no credentials neither. No, we snuck in Jack the Rapper. Wow, we stuck in Jack the Rapper. I mean my dad had credentials. But he was like, come on, you be night right. You know what I'm saying. But when they leave you, then they try to play you. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So, I mean that was it. I mean I came back. I had a group called the Fulcoholics in Memphis. We were just local in Memphis. We did a few things. We had a great performance though Todd Day. Todd Day basketball player, Tod Day, I think he was playing with for the Dallas Mavericks at the time. It just got his deal. You had big bank. Todd Day was like, Yo, you need to go to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You're always talking about you gonna go to Atlanta. Need to go to Atlanta and don't come back until you get down and make it like all right. And my manager, Carolyn Carolyn. She was like, yo, I said, we're going to Let's go to Atlanta. She's like, I hain't bad. I know people out there. So we get out there, we get down to the last dollar. She bust out and says, I know mc breed hm hmm. I was like, you know m C bread in the future in your front man, take me to mc breed right now. F C Bree says, oh, so you you jazzy Faye Huh. He's like yeah, he said, let me let me hear what you got, b I got. I got the Nike box I got, I got, I got this, I got the uh the floppy disc, I got the DATS I got. I think I even had a couple of CDs. I think CDs was coming new to the game. That was new to the game. I had a couple of thom So he says, show me what you got. So I played a couple of joints. I played one joint. First joint. He was like, okay, you did that. I was like, I played the second one. He said you did that. I was like yeah. He said, what, play me another one. He's like, yo, did that. He was like yeah, he said, man, what y'all doing tomorrow. Then Man, me and Carolyn looked at each other. Then he said, so, how long y'all gonna be in town? We looked at each other again. She pulled her to the side. Then he came back and he told his boy. He said, hey, man, go to my house, get that room across from my room, clean it out and let them stay in that room in my house. And can't and George first first time, right like right now, went to the house when we got when he got done with the session, I stayed at the session until he got done. We got in the car, I went got my stuff and came to his house with all my stuff and I moved in there and from there I met too Short Eric Simon. She hooked it up, you know, she hooked it up, Uh red Man method Man, Snoop Dogg, d OC linked the Snoop Dogg and Warren G and everybody, Keith Sweat through mc B. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She put me on shout out to Man and you programming and everything at this time. Yeah, you're doing the whole thing. I'm going stupid, stupid, I'm going stupid.
Speaker 1: This was pre show enough though, this is before holding the club show.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna get to that. Yeah, that's my ship. Yeah. That was before that. That was before any of my R and B records. I think I was doing some remixes for for for Eric and he was like Eric, Eric Simon was the first person to give me a ten thousand dollars check. He was like, yo, I want she got it. I want you to come here and just give me something for this, for this, for this, I want something for this right here. I was like, hey, I'm done. He's like, yo, B I'm not. I'm not even home yet. What was going on? I'm done. He was like, man, let me see what I see what it sounds like, bro, because I mean you're done. I was like, yeah, send him back. He was like yo, he said, man, I got you, Bro, you have me old his house.
Speaker 2: So at this point, is anybody that you're working with know what you come from?
Speaker 1: A connected guys go. We kind of talk about it, we talk about it. They find out, you know, you're not really wearing that though. No, no, no, I don't do that. I don't do that, you know. But but but with Eric, I do because I know he's the feast musical. I know any time I dug those because I know they'll they'll dial in somewhere and say what they want. They were like, hey, yo, maybe they want something from a catalog, you know what I mean, or something like that. I can help him with something or whatever. I always you know, not if I know you the funk lord. I mean, okay, my my prop is one of the funk lords. You know what I'm saying. Three thousand see my daddy. He dropped down on one knee, like, man, yo.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: Got this outfit from there, you know what I'm saying. It was like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, that history is amazing, bro, man, I don't know. Over twenty years and this is news to me. Yeah, the intricacies of it, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I think we just you know, we just just it was just two kindred spirits. We just tapped in and just just got the running without ever really talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're looking, we know what it is. Yeah, we we didn't need to talk. Pretory. Barry Barry knew what it was.
Speaker 2: He knew okay, because he he was He's like, what you so bad from back there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had I had a record. It was called age ain't nothing but a number? Mm okay, but it didn't go like age ain't nothing but number. It wasn't that but that. Then I used to go back and forth on the phone with Rob Kelly with my ideas. Ship. One day he called ship. Matter of fact, he didn't even call it, just came on the radio and I was like, Rob, hey, hey man, hey man, what I got to do for you?
Speaker 3: What I gotta.
Speaker 1: Knew the phone call was coming. I said, come on now. He said, you know what, the only reason why I ain't gonna beat you up, I ain't gonna jump you. He said, because one I'm not using that song to yours is better than mine. That's what I said. You killed that. You you deserve that. You deserve that bite, I said, But but I got to get you. I got to get you. I said. No, when I do it, don't say nothing. When I do it, don't say nothing. Yeah, watch him out. Yeah. So we always had a friendly little thing going on. But you know, man, that's that's a shame by Rob. But that's that's a hard one. But anyway, uh, we know I've been knowing robinsonce Man tab Dash Records. I got the week my Daddy got the v C, the v H S R. Kelly and M G M. Musically Gifted Men. He was sitting in front of a garage and he had he was sitting on a stool and he had three guys behind him. They were all sitting on stools in front of a garage. And he had a brush and he was singing in the brush and he was singing slow Dance. It was a demo and he had a song called Dance with Me, and the song Danced with Me, he ended up changing the hook and when he dropped his first single as public announcement, it was Vibe Vibe Vibe. And then when he of the verses, the verses from Dance with Me, that's how far I go back.
Speaker 2: Wow, the fact that you can even recall all this ship is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I mean, but it's like a hieroglyphic in your brain because it's like it comes it's still come from greatness, you know what I'm saying. So, I mean, how you gonna forget that? How are you gonna forget being backstage with Michael Jackson. I'll be back on stage with Michael Jackson and he just be like you know, telling your dad how great he is. I'm like, did you like what you right? He said? I remember that time, man, you did this riff, And I mean, I'm still mismerized today about it. I'm like insane, you know what I mean, Like, come on, bro, I think we all had Jimmy Curls at the time. I see it. I can see it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, come on, now, come on, So are you still pursuing your artists.
Speaker 1: Now this point? Now what it is in Atlanta, I'm just supporting people. I'm just you know, we got Javanda one and the Trap Stars, which we talked a little bit about right now, I'm talking about we talking about.
Speaker 2: We got back to when you when you you at mc bree Cribs, producing and writing for all these artists in your mind, are you still an.
Speaker 1: Artist at this now? No?
Speaker 2: Then, like when you when you're in Atlanta, you first get here and you're working on all these different artists, are you still trying to like, I still get my record deal? I said, no, you that's the thing in the past. At this point.
Speaker 1: I meant, I mean, I'm a side artist. That's how I feel like. You know what I'm saying. I was kind of like Nate Dog. Even back then you was hopping on. The dog might drop an album, but Nate Dog really just want to jump on. And you know what I'm saying, I'm with a dog pound, you know what I'm saying. Right, it's like that, I'd rather be with the crew, you know what I'm saying, and just going to you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So you get your you get your first ten thousand, yeah from Eric sermon.
Speaker 1: M hmm. What's what's the next steps for you? Do you? You know?
Speaker 2: Do you have have you learned about I mean, obviously you came from the business, your father, your mother, but like, are you now pursuing those type of things like Okay, I'm gonna give me a publishing deal, I'm trying to figure out how to get some song deals at these labels.
Speaker 1: Are you doing any of that type of stuff yet? Are you still just no, I wouldn't even I wouldn't even that wouldn't even know my mind until noontime, No time, Yes, no time came. After show enough, show show enough. My boy Tila called me on the phone. Get get the phone called you Really you ain't really over there from it? If you don't know who come on Tila James. So, Tila Man, one of my really good brothers. He called me, and you say, man, he already told me. He said, bro, I'm gonna call you man. You know, uh, they're talking about over a swab house. They want to sign me. You know what I'm saying. So Tila calls me and we go back. We go over the over, back to Memphis. I go back to Memphis, to the House of Blues. So we we recording. One day, we were kicking. It wasn't vibing too tough. So I said, hey, man, what we need to do is we need to go get some information. Guys, let's go get inspired. Let's go to the Gentleman's. That's about somebody sitting on your lap and and have a conversation with having a cocktail.
Speaker 3: I understand me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we went did that. I think we brought a couple of party favorites back to the lap. You know what I'm saying. We had a new bank got sentiment. Yeah, we had a fresh We had a fresh new banks.
Speaker 2: So we were so we were, we were and all kind of feminine poetry to.
Speaker 4: Running around a whole lot of bathing body, little bouquets of it.
Speaker 1: It was bouquets of it. Yeah. So we get back and that boy Taylor walks around here, has some drinking, he has some in his hand, and he said, first thing, he said, we had the beat already, and I already I had most of it. The only sound I didn't have was that that That was the icing, right. Where do you get that from? Holder? Before you feel? Where did you get that Juno one O six the information? Yeah? That Juno World six. Yeah, that boy, that sound and I played it live on twenty four on on forty eight tracks. You know what I'm saying. We got two we got we got the Master and the slave running. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So the Master and the slave.
Speaker 2: Yeah if you fruity, yeah, all you little flat on.
Speaker 1: The tape machine. One tape machine is about that big and about that tall from the ground. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. So a real piece of two of them side by, because one is only twenty four tracks and the other one is another twenty fourth man. So the master runs the sleigh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you hear you. Your master runs the sleigh and they follow and they rock back and forth. And anyway now they need that information. Yeah, yeah, how you can google it? And that sound yeah stily in my.
Speaker 2: Ear student, the old student. That sound in my early days was the that was the South call out for me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, what's that that song? That sound? Oh white yo, yeah, your white. I was like deep looks shout out, shout out to all these people. Dj uh uh kicker pre because the deep, the New York DJs were really uh uh kind of galvanized going everywhere, you know what I'm saying. And they were like because you know, they were like down with puff, they were down with people who were really throwing party parties. You know what I'm saying. You had es and s, you had you had biz biz shout out the biz. Shout out to Martin Monty montic rest in peace of Manti that he was one of the guys, one of my guys back in the day that really kind of took me out, and you know all of that. But but all of those DJs really like helped, you know, I say the East Coast DJs because they had such a big bandwidth. Their bandwidth was unreal and in the South, all we had to do was press play it was already jamming all that. All the DJ's pretty much got on it at once. But what really made us big was when Outside and New York start playing it. When they said this is the sound of the South. I was like, oh my god, that's what they play. I was like, if I played my song when they when they play the South in DC. Yeah, when they say when they play something from the South. That was the first song they played that started the whole South set. They got you ready, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And get you singing. It was almost like, yeah they got this wag. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was that. It was exactly that.
Speaker 1: Back then because it's like, oh, nickclock. They thought I was like in church or something, Tabernaca, you know what I'm saying. So we did that record and it just changed the game. And that's when Nooney was looking for me. Nonie was like, who is Jasey Faye? Then my boy? One farmer one farmer shot at to one farmer because one farmer said, hey man, it's these guys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They're doing a whole lot of stuff. They work with Diddy, they work with everybody, you know. And he was just like they over in Houston. So on Pea Street, he said, man, come on, follow him up to dark and then we're gonna we're gonna ride over there. So I followed him up up to the spot and then I met noon in them, and after I met knowing them, I was with him like every day, every day. That's where I met John Tay. Then be Cox came I think probably be Cox literally came in. I think he might have been bubbling around, but I kind of met him probably about three weeks after me being over there. Anthony Dent, Jada Walker, Donny Skant, Donny Skance, Chris Hicks, Uh, try Tellry Uh, of course, Noony R. G Ryan Glover, everybody, Teddy Bishop, Yes, Teddy Bishop.
Speaker 3: Man, yeah.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So you know, I think that first couple of months, I mean some of the records that were done at noontime was like records like Friend of Mine. I watched Kelly Price come in and lay that record with Jada in one take. I mean, well like that, like.
Speaker 2: I make sure y'all go listen to Kelly Price Friend of Mine, and then in your head say to your son, take she sang this down, bro, one.
Speaker 1: Take and said listen, I got to go and feed this baby. Pick I got real to do. You're right, you got it all right, right, all right, give me my email it to me once you get it, when you get everything.
Speaker 2: And so so it was noontime already a studio before you got there street.
Speaker 1: We were downtown over there, right by over there by uh, right by the dome, okay, right by the and then you built that spot yep. Then we moved over to where you came to over nine. Yes, yes, the time.
Speaker 3: What a time?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? What a time?
Speaker 2: Those those were real, like you know, that was that was school. That was boot camp for me. Yeah, being down there with you off for that long, oh man, that was right camp, learning from you, learning from Teddy Bishop as I had the NPCC three thousand didn't sound like yours.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you know what I was like, I didn't sound like what's what's in yours? We used to I used to take we used to take the Newmark mixer, the Newmark that had the EQ at the top. Y'all show, y'all show me. So I would go and I would, I would, I would, you know, have a record, and I would just keep on bringing that joint back until whatever kick I was trying to whatever sound I was trying to get. I had the thing just hitting so hard right there at the threshold, and it was just about to just bust. And it might even be peeking, but as long as it wasn't my ear. Yeah, yeah, if it's good, y'all show me when I put him in there. I tell the engineers all the time, Hey man, we're trying to mix that. Just push it up, Just just turn it up, just push it up. Yeah, that's all already. Yeah, you ain't got to do all.
Speaker 2: That was what I used to call the noontime stick. You hear me, they care They came out of the planet. Fact that you'll eq something crazy.
Speaker 1: But see what we would do is Leslie or or whoever was at the time mixing the record. It might be John Fry, I'd be like, hey John, me those those stemps. It might be Teddy Bishop record, and we all had the same sounds, so we had so we built something called the Noontime Sounds, and me and Teddy, Me and Teddy kind of led the pack with the Noontime Pack though, because like we were really like the quirky guy, like like the nerdy guys with the sound. I'm like that one sound that came from No, that came that, that came from uh.
Speaker 3: Water waterfalls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the firm worm. Yeah. God hold, I got guess what I can't whar.
Speaker 3: Do do do do do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Do do do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: Do you do? Do?
Speaker 1: What? What is that? Soul soul sisters? Yeah, it's a sound that happens on the FLI I was cutting ship up. Yeah, that was cutting listen. That was the classes that was that's the sound that was a little master class for Yeah, like that's where you got that sound from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now now all that now, all of these things are just impacts, but their sounds they actually come Some came from that lady that uh that that di'angelo album Do.
Speaker 1: A Bunch Absolutely absolutely where he goes right there. I had all all of them. I had all those sounds. A CON's first sounds, those sounds, those were all my sounds.
Speaker 2: That He'll tell you all of my sounds. Didn't even now jes face sounds. Okay, So bro, let's let's let's get it to this. Come on, you got to tell the record out going crazy newly looking for you.
Speaker 1: Noon time in it?
Speaker 2: Now, Lord, what is what is what is the next big moment because now you're now you're part of a crew, y'all. Y'all are part of something that's that everybody around the country is here about.
Speaker 1: Because you got the big street record. Yes, but when does.
Speaker 2: The global national like not more so you know, that's a street and it's more regional and and it's it's more beloved, it cultural.
Speaker 1: When do you get like a chart like Okay, all right, I was working, I was working over at Dark. At Dark, I had kind of we we left the actual nine fifty seven building Noonie and I and we kind of went on and we kind of started to grow apart, grow apart.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Argie was going over to you know tb a with with doing his thing, and Chris was doing his thing with publishing, and me and Nooney were still you know, rocking. So we went over and started rocking with Dallas. So Dallas gave me a little cubby hole over in the side. It was the d room, and Dallas wasn't really doing much over there. He was kind of like on the hiatus. He was just you know, being that was Austin traveling dances. Yes, me and King Dallas Austin powers, yeah right right, living in life. So I'm over there and and and there. Noony caused me one day and says, hey, man, uh t a coming by and he wants to play. He wants to show you this group. And it was three girls, three girls in the group. So three girls, he said, Man, tell me what you think about Sharty right there. I said, she's a superstar. She said, that's her, said all right, bet Sierra, it was Sierra. It was Sierra. I let her hang out with me at dark for like three days. And at this time, you gotta think sever's like seventeen years old, sixteen tater seventeen maybe yeah, probably, I think headed to seventeen, about to graduate. She was in twelfth grade. She's going to twelfth grade summertime. So she's like coming up to the studio, big old house shoes and you know what I'm saying. She was a little thicker than too than she but she was like tworking and just tanking and acting, you know what I'm saying. But she was young. So I'm like, baby, baby, baby, did all these wrong men around here? You know what I'm saying. It's crazy. So I'm like, hmmm, so okay, we got to put this to work. You know what I'm saying. You know, because she really can dance and have a friends that they be doing some teens. I'm like, this is before TikTok and all of y'all was just doing. Nobody was seeing this. I'm just behind this. I'm like, okay, okay. So we go in the studio and we work. The first time we work. First time we work, we did a song.
Speaker 3: You changed the game.
Speaker 1: I'm like, get thug stout. Me and John Tae Austen Smash Cold record. I think the next four or five records that we did that same week are all on the album. That's how I was how much of a vibe we had. And she kires Stewart rest is soul shake. Uh I called Shake. Let's shay hear it? Loving it? You know what I'm saying. Uh. He's like, man, I want you to I want you to get in with La Re. I want you to get in with La Man. La wants to meet what you hearing stuff about you and all of that. So I went over there over there to hit co and met with La and so I'm playing l A all these records. I'm like, Okay, he go to slick Rick record I got a slick rick record, outcast, slick wrecking out cass on this jam walk up. So he like, dang, I'm playing with Joe record I me and John Tay was working on. Then I played him like some Chris Brown he was working on. And he said, chezy okay, stop stop, stop stop. He said. All those records are great records, he said, but I need to know what what you got from me. You got what you have it there? Yeah, yeah you have. But see I had never been in one of those meetings. I was just fortunate enough to be around here just placing records everywhere, you know what I'm saying. So that was my first real come to Jesus meeting, like type like, come on in here and get some of this you know goodness, real money in the game. Yeah, and I didn't even know that that's what it was. And you know, Shaker standing behind La, He's like the girl, the girl, the girl. So I just bought my Bentley big flex right, Okay, I just bought my bent my first, my first Bentley, right first, the first one. Right. So when he said that, I was hesitating because the whole time the CD I had figured out how to get it out. Man, he don't know how to work leg. I mean, I'm so in love with this CD. I don't really careful I get a card list to that. You know what, man, I got all the all of her songs on the CD. That's what I'm working on. I'm just like, what I's to do. I ain't gotta take it out. So I talked to my partner. I called my partner on the phone and said, man, you just and I popped it out, went downstairs, popped it. I came back up, came back upstairs before his sweating because I'm trying to damn CD out. So I come in there. You don't have af back on head. I'm like, yeah, dog. So he's like yeah, man, so come on, like, let's hear it. Let's hear it. But when I played one song on it, I think I think I played Thugstyle first because that was my favorite record. I no, I played something else. I played something else and he liked it. I think I played looking at You, Looking at You because Temple, I'm gonna get me the tempo first me. He's like, oh, I like that. Give me another one that nigga heard that damn Thugs down la la la la la la la la la la la lah. He was like, he was just he was like, whoa is that? Where is she? I was like, man, she's ever reheard? So right now? He said, go get her right now, bring her here. I was like, bro, she is not ready. She is not ready. He said, I got to leave. What time am I leaving?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 1: He said, man, listen, I got to go. I said, bro, I got to get her together to meet you. I can't just she would kill me if I try to bring you. You know what I'm saying. He was like, listen, can y'all be here tomorrow at ten o'clock in the morning before I leave? I said, yes, we can. Yes, Sir came back. As soon as he saw her, I had everybody with me. I ain't you know what I mean. I'm being ghetto. I'm robin everybody. He walks in that way, I got people standing all in the way. He's like, where is she? And he's seeing her and he just put his arms out. He's like, oh yeah, oh yeah. We ran down all the records and he was like, oh yeah, this is it. It was it Sierra, Wow, Sierra. So do you science the Sierra signed two years already signed to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is the first artist on show. Sure enough here and at this point before this you had had no label. No, it starts with you and CC Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, oh yeah. At Dark Studio. Oh boy, oh boy. Look, the boy Dallas didn't even know we had Goodies was out and I think on uh uh Total Request Live t r L. Yeah, it was on tr number one on t r L for like two weeks. Dallas calls me on the phone, Hey, bro, I'm on I'm over here looking at MTV and the little girl, oh ciarra, the girl, the girl you got is number one. Man, you ain't let me get on this album. I was like, bro, I've been trying to tell you. I know what he calling because we got the mastermind here. Yeah, not just the mind, but the mastermind. It's in his blood. What's with the stars in the roof? Bawn in and I sworn in it? Oh yes, lord, what you got born chief Jesse Finzel. Oh boy, it's the old boy himself, mister oh boy himself.
Speaker 2: You know a lot about music, everything about real music, real music, trio.
Speaker 1: Music, from the soil, from the soil.
Speaker 2: From the soil and in your times of being born and to this thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know you. You found some music that is.
Speaker 5: Part of your top five, your top five, top five, top five, your top five everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah ala be song, you got you, you got do s, you.
Speaker 1: Got you grow. I know you know you want to know your Yeah yea Finzie oh boys five yeah, yes, Lord one three four.
Speaker 2: H Finzel your top five. As the fifth member of Singer.
Speaker 1: That's why I am fifth members of JAD Me and Pete met and Pete Pablo and uh Kenny Burns are all the fifth member of j and the the sixth member of joas Waxy Yeah all together. Now, I always been a member of Jones as well, you know, under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under yeah, under the oh yeah act. Shout them though. He would have loved that, oh yeah yeah. Top five. Let's go for you. It is yours, yours, for you, not the world. What makes you girl.
Speaker 1: You're going to Bobby, You're going Bobby first or or Hobby. That's a little different, do you because it's yours. It's yours. Luther, Yeah, yeah, big Luther. Little Luther said big look big, definitely big. Yeah. You don't like in sha, it's your list I'm sorry always I'm disrespecting. That's what the father was great. He's great, but I mean, come on, I respect you. You know, I don't want to smoke bucket the chicken, all right, So Jerry, Jerry, I know y'all get that bucket from me. He's made a fierce card game. Yeah. See vocalists R and B whatever your world.
Speaker 2: You know, every everything starts and everything starts, yeah, Darryl Coley.
Speaker 1: Yeah everything, Okay, everything starts him starts with him. Yeah, yeah, him.
Speaker 2: He spawned so many children, from the Joe's to the Marios.
Speaker 1: I got like, I got so many of those. I got so many. That's that's so. That's three. I want to I want to put a lady in there. I want to, you know, because I got so many of them that that I love. But you know what, somebody that I really enjoy their vocals. Jasmine Sullivan. Why not? I love her? Why not? I just love her. She'd be going through a thing on that Michael phone board. Man, I'll be going through it with her. What she's saying about, that's what I already know. She coming back. She's gonna going back to gospel at the end. I know she's going back that. Okay, that's four. Why not? Hi, I'm so tired and just how and that was a fight between him and I. I already did a gospel but man, you know I still love the John B Keys, of course, I mean, come, I guess Godfather Jef V Key and Mervin and Fred Hammond and all the Commission records. I'm I'm just such a fan. I'm over such a fan of Commission.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're gonna get another shot on the top five R and B songs songs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, mm hmmm do.
Speaker 1: The things big wan say. No, you got to stay on your pis and cues. Are you going?
Speaker 2: Woman's gotta have it going, Woman's gotta have it, Woman's got Yeah, he's going there, Al.
Speaker 1: Green, Oh look what you've done to me? Look what you've done to me. Oh yeah, he came in here with full Cadillac music. Yeah, Stevie wonder m tens ten zillion light years away. They say that heat tens you know, light years away.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a fight between that and all that's fair and love that loves the crazy. Guess yeah, it takes his pen. Oh man, come on, now, a song for you m down. They had the way. Yeah, and it's a fight between that and someday we'll all be free. Because that song brings me to tears because of where we are. You know what I mean socially and what it meant and the time of it. You know what I'm saying. Uh, I got one more commission running back to you. Go ahead and sit up because they feel me that record right there? Yeah, that song made me. That song made me see Jesus like when I with my eyes open. You know what I'm saying. It made me. It made me understand my relationship with the Man of Stealth and when I want to see them live. You know, it was just me. It's crazy, friends and vocals. Come on. That man is still trying to it. He was looking He's just looking at the Lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, that's very spiritual. And you know we will go top ten because I gotta go. Uhhh my god, oh my god. Who don't feel it in they? So I just said that stopped feeling right in the arch of my foot. Do you feel me? Yeah? What about what about stair Away to Heaven? Oh, you're gonna keep going step step Come on, So man locks somewhere man, it's an'thing to get torn close up. God, Come on, man, let's think about that. Think about that's all I listened to. Listen hipping Mane.
Speaker 2: Lenny said, if it's in God's will, how can a woman say to you when you say that to her?
Speaker 1: Hey? Man, comes on, you got your and they hit that note? Yeah right, I'm gonna leave Leny alone whatever we can have that note. He gotta come over here do that note?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he still got it. He Yeah, was a problem. You feel me? Top fifteen, Come on, here we go. Let's make your vote.
Speaker 2: Ron, Let's make your super r and b artists you're supers. Hold on, we're gonna put all the pieces together, all right. We need to know who you're gonna get the vocal from for your artists, who you're gonna get the performance style from, the styling from, and the heart.
Speaker 1: Of the artists. And for you, who's gonna produce for him? Yeah, who're gonna get the voice? Who're gonna get the vocal for your super the artists? My vocal? Oh that's a hard one, but not really the vocal?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What this goes on? We ain't went Let's go to Charlie. We're gonna go Uncle Charlie, Uncle Charlie with oh but our performance because.
Speaker 2: You wait us let us let us enjoy this joy, Uncle Charlie. Man performance performance style on that stage.
Speaker 1: Oh only because I know people are gonna say that don't match.
Speaker 2: They don't have to match Michael Jackson Man, what that absolutely matches.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. He was just so impeccable. He's the he's the standard. I was there when when he when he did MOTWN twenty five. You were there. I wasn't at the place, but I mean I was. I know where I was. I know exactly where I was. I was sitting in front of my great grandmama TV. Yeah. I was like, what is that screaming? Screaming? When that man said definitely I like the new song on, I was changed my life.
Speaker 2: And the next the very I went to school and did the moonwalk, the styling of the artist.
Speaker 1: The drift of the artist, because we know that's what you do. You're gonna do your you've been doing right now. Listen here Teddy rolling guy. Oh oh when they first yeah yeah, the first guy out grew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Timmy, I say with a levefore before crazy lads got group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to say that was the first one I've seen with that, that album with the real name fly name changed with diamonds.
Speaker 2: I want to tell guy right now, y'all can wear that right right now, get off.
Speaker 1: That was off right now. That was the first one to wear the big name changed with the diamonds on them.
Speaker 2: The passion of the artists, the heart of the artist. James Quick, easy easy, kick your ass in the ass on the stage, off the stage, on the airplane.
Speaker 3: I love good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who's producing for this artist? M two guys okay, Quincy and Finzel?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. What are we talking about? Because I always wanted to work with him? What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, who?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Quincy and Finz? Oh boy, oh boy? Not Jacky fa yeah, fin.
Speaker 4: Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 1: What else we got for chief? Uh? I ain't saying no nig I ain't saying no name. I ain't saying no name. I ain't saying no names. Were you what you need? Don't say she? I ain't saying no name. Huh. So we've come to the segment.
Speaker 2: Now. You can't let you leave this building without this segment. It's called I ain't saying no names. Will you tell us a story?
Speaker 1: Funny? Are fucked up?
Speaker 2: Funny and fucked up in the Travelers of Jazzy Ftle product shistle My.
Speaker 1: We need that story. We need that. I ain't saying no names. The only rule to the game. You can't say names. That's it. Man. Way back, I ain't gonna say the year, because then I just started telling myself. But way back, rock star status. We backstage at funk Fest, a lot of big groups on stage, a lot of big groups on stage, artists on the side of the stage. I'm over hearing everything because I'm a kid. I'm I'm on the you know, I'm a fly on the wall. So police already then been aware of this guy's presence in the building. And if he goes out and proceeds with his regular show, he's going to jail, no questions, I was saying. But or maybe he already notifies everybody that ain't nobody in Wisconsin or wherever he was at stopping his show, the folk, the white folk, whoever they are. I ain't stopping what I do. And when I get out here and do this thing, I want you to be ready on the opposite side, because they are going to come on this side where they think the stairs are. I want you to create a pseudo staircase over here on this side. And when I smoke this weed on this stage, I'm going to disappear cloud smoke, and we're going to be parked. And instead of doing this sub ending of the show, we're going to do it at the very end, so to be done and the damage to be done and Victor will be won. And it was done. He almost got out of there, I hope and he got out. Yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he did his show. Probably guess all right, but he did his show. Yeah, I guess I could probably guess that one. But yeah, and you was therefore right there, of course, right there, he's everywhere right there, he's omni president. You're like the Lord, nor lord like lord like lord like more like geez.
Speaker 1: Bens eld.
Speaker 2: Listen, Man, what can I say?
Speaker 1: Man? I love you, Man, I love you. I couldn't wait to get over here. Man, after you did that thing with Casey, Man, that was that like I hit you and told you I think that's kind of put they put me back on your brain or whatever. And because I know you be doing a lot, but man, that thing made me weep. I don't know what it was. I think because I've never seen him in that light, and I'm like, wow, I never seen Casey and that light and and and it was like even though of course we would have wanted to see Joe, to see the whole group, it was just it was just enough for my spirit.
Speaker 3: At the time.
Speaker 1: He texted me and said I laughed and cried. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, I did Broo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: But I think the great part about it was to see that he was he was doing good. He was doing good. You know what I'm saying. He's he's definitely a hero. You know what I'm saying. And when you you talk about you know, you know all of that, all of those thoughts like bur in my head, like like we in the same like as brothers, like because he was like I gotta love I was like I didn't understand, like bro because you know all of these rules they used to have an R and B, like you got to have an eight bar this, eight bar that, and and like one of those up moments were I know y'all probably had it too. When Dwayne and them came in there and did four bars and went straight.
Speaker 2: To the hook. Yeah, yeah, how you gonna tell me? Hey, bark, they made you argue. They made you argue, and and and and Just to even add to that, I was with j Z, right, me and Jez, and they're working. Jez said, Bro at the twelve bars, Bro, I'll be done. He was the first one. He coined the twelve bar verse. Yeah, I said, it's okay, Bro, you got a rep sixteen bars, we'll change it it.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm repping all my songs twelves. He put all twelves on Trapper Die. Trapper Dye became the bible for these trap rappers, right, all the rappers you know they're trying to get off anyway, Twelve bars is matter because I mean, I'm still gonna get my bag and I get to give you his twelve because sixteen always just felt like, yeah, don't nobody want to do the hundred yard dance. I want to add you know what I'm saying, I'm about to listen to trappor Die away different now. Yes, That's why I was sold, because we're getting he getting back to that hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, and hooks, Well, we love you brother, your your stories are your stories, and your work and your legend. You are one of one. It's maculate, man, God is good. It's a maculate you good in these streets, real man.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. Yeah, and you know this is this is this is home for you.
Speaker 2: Man. Uh, the tap in is real, man. We'll break some bread off camera, man, and yes, low until then.
Speaker 1: Mogile Management, Man, Mogile Management. Shout out to Mogile Management.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Gervanda one of the Trap stars show enough of course. You know what I'm saying. He's got young k c k September.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh, Molly Water all all my friends do Prano Push Management, Push DJ's all those guys. Man. You know guys know the artist Javanda one, all of them. Now we're really cooking up something real special for y'all.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I like it.
Speaker 2: My name is Tank and this is the army. When he podcast the authority on all things R and B and RN Biezzele.
Speaker 1: R and R and B is not easily And that guy Chazzy Finn Oh yeah. In the first of the year before on the first t the year, I will be adding a name to my big old names. I'm adding Gorgeous, Fimzel, Burgundy, Obama, Luther King, Jogia Jackson. Five to first year on R and B Money.
Speaker 2: R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at j Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, forward Slash, R and B Money