Speaker 1: Good morning and afternoon peanuts and cracker jacks. My friend's over here at leading off.
Speaker 2: It is your.
Speaker 1: Dear friend, your dear friend who's not going to talk about you know who today Chris Welsh, of course on the host seat as Joe will be back with us again tomorrow. And joining me today is our dear friend Casey Bubba beat the intrick on Twitter in the house, Bubba, what is up my friend.
Speaker 3: Much man, Thanks for having me today, talk a little baseball with my friend. Oh here Chris Welsh, And you know I'll do my best to impersonate Joe Picpa, but no one can do well.
Speaker 2: You can take your hat. If you take your hat off, I.
Speaker 3: Think, yeah, we got half we're halfway there.
Speaker 2: You know what I got to tell you.
Speaker 1: I think you don't have to do it, of course, but if your hat was off, I think everyone would feel a little bit more comfortable that there's a ball guy. Not a balding guy like me, but a bald guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, we're going to keep it that way. I don't have the Harry Potter you know, stuff going on like Joe does. But we'll stick to it. We'll stick to baseball.
Speaker 1: Today we've got lots to talk about. Everything to talk about, of course, except a certain you know who who went over to with a strikeout in a couple walks no hits yesterday. We're not going to talk about that guy today, of course, who didn't do anything that was in the home run call. But we did get somebody that took advantage of the double rookie home run call yesterday.
Speaker 2: We've got lots of fun things.
Speaker 1: We actually have a very cool back to back trivia in this day in baseball history, and we're going to look at some props, which I actually think it's a very difficult day to really lock down on props for yesterday. There was so much to choose from from top to bottom, and great pictures going and there's a lot to go with. But how about let's jump right into the show, Bubba and look at number one show Heyo Tani yesterday, who was one of our three picks on the prop sheet.
Speaker 2: We were two two for three, yes Sho.
Speaker 1: Haotani fan eleven batters in a victory over the White Sox. And let me ask you this. I don't want to beat this over the head or anything. Since we've talked about it so much over the last couple of weeks, but Shoho Tani's MVP odds have now dropped to two point fifty. Joe and I were on here when it was what was it five hundred? We're telling you bet bet, bet bet, it went down.
Speaker 2: Came down to four hundred.
Speaker 1: We thought it would go down a four hundred after the big thirteen strikeout performance and went down into the three days. We're now down to two point fifty. Bubba, your take on the Aaron Judge Versus Otani MVP award race that's going on right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's Otani's an award to lose doing what he's doing, and it's just not fair to pretty much anybody else because Aaron Judge has been amazing. There's no sugar coating that.
Speaker 2: Do you still you feel that way?
Speaker 1: Also knowing Judge's minus money, I mean he's been minus money for over a week.
Speaker 2: You still hold to that.
Speaker 3: I still hold to that as long as he's pitching and hitting the way he is is great Now to be careful. In his last at bat last night, he tweaked his back. It looks like so that's something to watch with Otani because he had a couple of swing. He's grimacing a lot, so that could affect things big time. But for me, as long as he's pitching and hitting and he's just a clear cut favorite, they might have to just create a separate award so people like Judge can get the rightful MVP he deserves. It just won't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, there's a couple things in here too. Mayor just jumped in and he's proving a great point. He goes devers for MVP. But Wonky, you bring up a great point. I think that is all across the board. The books are going to make a freaking killing that guy Baltimore Cruz, who.
Speaker 2: We don't talk about. The Rookie of the Year in the NL is hysterically stupid. The AL is hysterically stupid in a different way.
Speaker 1: Rookie of the Year award winning bets if you want to do because it's it's an open race. I mean, Julia looks amazing, but Bobby WIT's coming back. All the races are open right now. The Wonky's right, The books are going to make an absolute killing across the board on all of these bets.
Speaker 2: But I just find it interesting.
Speaker 1: After another double digit strikeout performance Atani has been amazing and we are teetering down into only two and a half on your money, where it was like ten days ago it was five to one on the money and Judge is incredible. But this race continues on and obviously we'll continue talking about it. This was an awesome story, especially for someone like me as followed prospects and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Over time.
Speaker 1: Mark A Pell made his debut we talked about a couple days ago because of Pel obviously got the call up.
Speaker 2: Which is like a super special moment.
Speaker 1: You guys know the story like Apel was drafted, went back drafted number one overall ahead. Chris Bryant played with the Astros for a bit, retired I believe it was four years, made a comeback, and he made his major league debut last night, having a nice clean ninth inning if I remember correctly, believe.
Speaker 2: He got his strikeout one single olhways did a single.
Speaker 1: Okay, close to clean, but very whippy, very different than what I remember him being. But obviously he's you know, he's just kind of changed his trajectory. And Bubba twenty thirteen, he goes back and we actually did a trivia question. I think it was on Monday where in that same draft, because everybody talked about, you know, he Chris Bryant was the pick after Markapell. Aaron Judges was the thirty second pick in that draft as well. So you've got the MVP that's floating around the Tim Anderson as well. Markapell in his career almost put up five hundred career innings pitched, and the guy hadn't pitched from twenty eighteen to twenty twenty. He did those years he didn't pitch almost five hundred innings, had a five ERA five point zero one ERA in his minor league career. This year though, in Triple A, a one to six ninety ARRA with five wins in nineteen games pitched only in relief. There's nothing fantasy relevant of it, but pretty cool to see Markapelle actually out there. I think the oldest first overall pick to ever make his debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great to watch. I was actually watching it live on MLB Network and it was cool watching him When he struck out Duval, he smiled and kind of looked around like he's taking it all in and sawim in the dugout afterwards Hoskins and guys were like high five and I'm gon giving him hugs. It was fun to see him finally get his like you said, so it was a great baseball story. Yeah, no fantasy relevance right now, but good to see.
Speaker 1: Marco pell is probably like one of those really great teammates to have in the minor leagues because like he could, he could offshoot as most of those guys. Dad, you know what I'm saying, Like it go old enough to do any of the stuff he's got to do.
Speaker 2: It's the oldest rookie. It's very cool. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Where the career fully goes with him, though, I will say, like you said, looked a little bit whippy on the mound, looked a little bit deceptive. Might there might be something in there.
Speaker 3: They're closer. Their bullpen's a mess, so there's an opening.
Speaker 1: And uh mayor close for the Red Sox right now. Probably maybe we'll see a career. Maybe we'll actually see a career out of it. Brian Reynolds three dingers, drives in six and win over the Nats. Probably at least, you know, for many of the haters in the chat here, not the pirate player they wanted to see hit three homers yesterday, but Brian Reynolds did it. Rowdy Teles your twin, Bubba, Rowdy Telez right goes deep twice in a win over the race.
Speaker 2: What do you think is more relevant? Rowdy Teles is.
Speaker 1: Your twin or Alejandro Kirk is Bogman's son? What do you think is What do you think is more accurate?
Speaker 3: I'd say Alejandra Kirk is Bogman's son. I It's very very accurate, to be fair. I've also been compared to Dan Vogelbach show. We got that going for me too.
Speaker 4: But lazy now that they're just that's too easy, that's too easy. Now, yeah, I'd say Kirk Kirk for Boggs for sure. Now at least I'm not at least I have fat John Lackey. So That's where I'm sitting at right.
Speaker 1: Those are my John Lackey one And people don't even say fat John Lackey. But let's be honest. You know he's lost a decent amount of weight. I'd have to like really get it in to be John Lackey. Like, so I'm still not really happy about it. Buba Justin Verlander becomes the first pitcher to ten wins. I think his brother was tweeting this out as well. I mean, the guy coming off of you know, double Tommy John big deal.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, this is a big one.
Speaker 1: Sures throws eighty pitches in the rehab start dealing with the oblique injury, and this aligns him up if they want on Sunday rest of season, Bubba, your comfortability with Max Sures? You're moving forward because I saw a trade offer, someone sent me a trade offer that came in that I'm going to ask you about. But are you full go, full steam go on Max Suer's the rest of the year or with this oblique injury and the injury stuff overall, is that going to linger in your mind about how he's valued rest the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a full go for me. Like we knew going into the season, he was banged up. We've seen this from time to time with him getting backs, injuries and other things. But when he's out there, he's good to go. He's going to pitch if he can. They're not going to baby him. So the fact that through eighty pitches yesterday is big and once they put them back on the mount, I'm a full go with Max shars Or. He's not one of those kind of soft guys like others. He's good to go. Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh and Larry just confirmed I didn't even see the sus are scheduled for Monday, so.
Speaker 3: Beautiful to start on the next one day one.
Speaker 2: I just gotta get everybody around them right.
Speaker 1: Pre All Star game going. Okay, So somebody's sent me, you know, not a request, but they just wanted to know what I thought about this trade. Pretty good in pitching guy had Shane McClanahan had a couple other good arms, like I would call it a serviceable staff.
Speaker 2: If Suerzer's not.
Speaker 1: On there needed some hitting, and he said, my sureser for Manny Machado. Who Manny Machado has gone think seven straight games with not playing. They just decided we're not going to even put him on the IL though he was an MVP candidate and I believe he still owns. Let me take a look here the third highest NL MVP odds right now after Paul Goldsman who's minus money, and by the way, Pete A.
Speaker 2: Lonzo is second. But at five point fifty.
Speaker 1: Would you move do you think it's fair? And would you move your suzer to acquire Manny Machado.
Speaker 3: If you need offensive help, I think it's quite fair. I think it's very very fair. Now Machado is running before this injury. This seems like a pretty bad ankle injury, so we might not be running anymore. But if you need offense, I'm good with that. I think it's fair because both guys have their risk involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you're not worried, if you're sitting in a space where you're just like, I'm not really worried about any of the injury stuff or anything coming back on Max Schuzer, then you know who cares. By the way, it hat tip to him, he fed the entire clubhouse. They didn't say what he bought though, but I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: It's like he said, they ate good, and then one of the players that was playing another quote tweet and said, we ate very good.
Speaker 2: Oh so maybe maybe went to a little steakhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They they said he was very nice to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, sure, She's a good dude.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: I got to Bogman and I met him when he was a diamondback, and I don't even think he had made his major league I've told this story, major league debut and I had this like card when he was with Vicelia.
Speaker 2: It was like the High a affiliate of the.
Speaker 1: Diamondbacks, and you know, I didn't know anything about them, and we were there, and you know, Bogman's talking to Augio Haeeda if you remember Auguioheeda five foot five, Aggio hadad Yeah, exactly, they were and I gave Max the card and he was like enamored with it. He's like, this is the cool because it wasn't like the normal big car it was just a minor league card and he loved it.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, there's always been something about Max. I absolutely love that dude. Love love Max.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Scary moment yesterday Jordan Alvarez Jeremy Pania collided into each other. But the good news is theoretical good news is it's just a concussion. It looks like they're both being evaluated for concussions after the collision, but Jordan alpers was carted off. I don't recall a guy being carted off in a concussion standpoint, but that must have been really nasty and really bad.
Speaker 2: It was a scary moment.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Bubba, Yeah, it was pretty early to see it all come down. Like you said, a guy gets carted off usually not a great thing, not good, Bob. But maybe it's like he's a size of an alignment, so they can't really help him off the field, so it's like, yeah, hey, let's throw him on a cart. I get it, I understand, I relate, But yeah, it was not looking good. But all reports are pointing two good things. Maybe miss a game or two. But big jord On and someone mentioned it in the chat that we're not even talking about him for MVP and he deserves it, like he's been a beast. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, actually, Bugman and I on ITL which is dropping today, we were looking.
Speaker 2: I think this is still relevant.
Speaker 1: It could have changed a tiny bit, of course, over a day. But there are seven players with twenty plus homers. The only player with twenty plus homers in Major League Baseball to have three hundred batting average is Jordan Alurez. He's the only one to have a three hundred plus batting average. Three of the seven have an under two forty batting average, which was even more mind boggling of home run hitters Right now, Garrett Whitlock is expected to return as a reliever. Thank you, Mayor, you got to be excited. Put him back, put him in the closer role. Please get him back in that fire roll.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: Injury Wise, Jazz Chism placed on the IL. I've always worried a little bit Bubba that I don't know if I want to tag him with the injury prone stuff. Bogwin's kind of relenting with me. He's an all or nothing player. He's hyper hyper aggressive. He's more hyper aggressive than Haabi Baias. But he's got insane trajectory of how he swings a torque in his body. He's heavy pull, he's just, you know, balls to the wall type of guy. And he's back on the IEL. And I feel like this is kind of a trend for him. So do you have any long season worries? I mean, he's been probably one of the best middle infielders in all of baseball from a fantasy perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a diehard Chism guy. I was hard on them, uh draft wise this season, so a stinks. I'm not super concerned because like he tried to play through it. Now, I was gonna put him down and let him get fixed back stink because they they flare up easily. But you're not going to stop the way he plays. That's just who he is. And so this might be a yearly thing. Like you said. Last year is like the ankle and some other stuff. This year it's the back. So I'm good with them once he's back, but it definitely stinks.
Speaker 2: Neck back all that.
Speaker 1: Other injuries, Herman Marquez leaves a start due to a cut in his right thumb, says he couldn't grip the fastball.
Speaker 2: That's no point.
Speaker 1: No Mooki Bets expected back before the All Star break, so that's becoming a little bit more official on his return back. I believe he is fourth in betting currently. This would be something I would throw out to people that mookie Bets is. We've we've seen it this year. I think it was fourteen homers in a month. I mean, second half of season's mookie Bets can go nuts. He is fourth in betting on an l MVP right now, and he'll be back for All Star breaks for the entire second half.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Other injuries, Tyler Stevenson taking some bating practice on Wednesday. Sales Suzuki, who had been out here in Arizona actually training at the Sloan Complex, is beginning a rehab assignment in triple A today. Nicolodelo is set to return to the rotation next week, thank you, and Tyler Naquin going to begin a rehab assignment on Thursday injury wise. Also, I would throw out a Joe's Tough Guys or Welsh's herdoes if you will one of the two, whichever one you want to go, Wonky pointed out, can we talk about how about Josh Naylor with his head butt celebration on a helmet he had?
Speaker 2: God was it Terry Franco?
Speaker 1: Didn't he head butt Terry Francona's helmet last night in a celebration?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was pretty wild. I love Naylor, man. The dude's awesome, just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been around Naylor a whole bunch when he was like a padre and then he got traded and stuff like that. I never saw this energy when he was out here in the AFL. I've seen him on the backfield. I feel like it's something that kind of picked up and then he knows it and recognizes it and carries it because he is insane.
Speaker 2: He's like insane energy. I gotta love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great bit, especially because I think it is a little bit bit ish. He's been kind of quiet. His brother Bo Naylor, who's killing it right now. He's a catcher, outfielder. It's going to be up pretty soon. Bo is more athletic, not quite as you know, not like Josh Naylor sometimes. But this energy thing came out of absolutely nowhere, and I love it. Can we talk about this bubba? Nick Castianus is in danger of his first homerless month since September of twenty fifteen. That was a tweet by Mark Farzetta.
Speaker 2: No homers.
Speaker 1: I mean he's got one day. He's got today be the first time since twenty fifteen. What is wrong with Nick Castianos?
Speaker 3: I know it's pretty wild. You know, maybe he needs a deep fly ball to the left field with two outs or something to get him going, But are you mad face? It's crazy. It's crazy. It's crazy because he's still hitting the ball like pretty well, it's just not elevating it and a great American small park usually helps with that. But he's not there. He's in a good old citizens Bank, which is struggling as well. So we'll see, we'll see what happens that Schwarber. Maybe maybe Schworber should like, you know, go major league and rub his bat against his bat and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Dude, he absolutely he needs something.
Speaker 2: They need something in all the chicken.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, maybe I'm forgetting the name now, I always forget it.
Speaker 2: What's the doll from Major League?
Speaker 3: Jobu?
Speaker 2: Jobu?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jobo. He needs like some jobo. He needs something in that. He needs some milk or luck. He does have seven homers on the year, three stolen bases, but a pretty high strikeout rate, I mean, second highest since twenty sixteen when he was at Detroit, second worst batting average in his career actually on the season, and he's got an over three hundred BABO. So it's not like a major major struggle. The power has just kind of been.
Speaker 2: Zapped a bit.
Speaker 1: It is the lowest ISO of his career except for like, you know, a stupid eleven game stint in his rookie debut, so you wouldn't count that. So yeah, he needs to like do anything possible. Maybe a break is going to be really good for him.
Speaker 3: That's called mars.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well, I mean, what what is it going to look for here? Is it going to be drinking or is it going to.
Speaker 2: Be for home run calls?
Speaker 1: That's the difference this day in baseball, This day in baseball.
Speaker 2: I pulled one. I believe you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't pull the date, but I believe I remember correctly. This is nineteen oh eight, A good old nineteen oh eight reference for everybody.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cy Young pitched his third career no hitter in an eight to oh Boston win.
Speaker 2: Over New York.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: We just talked cities on this.
Speaker 1: At forty one years old and three months, he was the oldest pitcher obviously to turn that no hit, that no hitter up until nineteen ninety where Nolan Ryan beat him at the age of forty three. I thought that was interesting. I love those old references, and he held.
Speaker 2: That for eighty two years. Uh, my mouth is correctly.
Speaker 1: I've got a trivia question for you, Bubba. I don't think if you're looking at on the sheet you.
Speaker 2: Were, I'm not allowed. You're not allowed.
Speaker 1: So here's for the peanuts and cracker Jacks trivia question. Shoho Tani has twenty four strikeouts over his.
Speaker 2: Last two outings. Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Who was the last Angels right hander to strike out that many in consecutive starts? So again, Otani twenty four strikeouts the last over two outings, the last Angels pitcher to have that many strikeouts over consecutive starts. Let's see what you guys got. Let's go through some stat heroes though. Justin Verlander, big performance, and we will look and I will give you guys some time while I do the stat heroes to see if we get some guesses in here. Should be actually kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Stat hero is.
Speaker 1: Justin Verlander went eight, struck out six, only two hits. On Wednesday, Mike Clevenger, I thought Klevee was gonna get beat up.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: We had the double points home run call for rookies yesterday and I went Alec Thomas just thinking, Kelevee's been a little inconsistent. Strikeouts have been good. He went six, gave up one hit, and struck out six. Bubba, I mean, Klevee is a dude. Clevee is kind of a dude, even though the inconsistencies are still out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a great CSW yesterday pitch mix was really strong and getting tons of whiffs. It was great to see. Now to stay healthy, Clev, it's all we need.
Speaker 2: Just stay healthy.
Speaker 1: If you got to put in those French braids, it's all good, dude, Just stay healthy. Tymin Walker seven and one third, struck out three, gave it four hits.
Speaker 2: But nowhere and run show.
Speaker 1: Hey Tani, we talked about eleven strikeouts in five and two thirds.
Speaker 2: Kyle Wright kind of back at it.
Speaker 1: Seven innings he struck out four, gave up only one on the hitter side for positives.
Speaker 2: Brian Reynolds was the.
Speaker 1: Big dog yesterday, three for five, three homers with six RBI. Rowdy Telez had two bombs. Alex Erdugo four RBIs going two for five. Stephen Kwan? Are those counting stats by Stephen Kwan? Yes, he had a stolen base. He was three for four with the double, the stolen base and three runs. Freddy Freeman two for four with a bomb, and Wilson Contreras Bogman was a day short three for four with a homer, two doubles, two runs and two RBI. In here now I believe JP got it though he only put the name. So what was the first this day in history. It was the oldest no hitter since Cy Young, you know, Sy Young did it whatever, one hundred and twelve years ago, one hundred and fourteen years ago today.
Speaker 2: Then it was Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 1: Well, the last Angels pitcher to have consecutive twenty four strikeouts over two.
Speaker 2: Games was Nolan Ryan. It was Nolan Ryan again.
Speaker 1: And our boy Mike Mayer hit me up in the chat before the show and he's like, I gotta tell you, I love this because his kid was named after Nolan Ryan, and he is a Nolan Ryan guy.
Speaker 2: So I got to.
Speaker 1: Tell you I didn't even plan to do back to back Nolan Ryan's. I didn't notice it until Mayor even said it. I was like, oh, yeah, these are both Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 3: Wow. I was going to give you like props for doing that, but apparently you just have a good accident.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that have been amazing If I was like, that's smart and I picked both of those and I'm like, hey, this would be super fun.
Speaker 2: I just didn't.
Speaker 1: They both were interesting to me, and the trivia question was the one I found. And you know, I probably should keep it to myself and I should just like be like, yeah, as me as a great host, and I did a really good job everybody. Uh stat zero's Nick Vespie one third of an inning, giving up six earned runs and six HiT's. Jesus Cole Irvin, I only this one seven innings. I do have them in a I think I have my Ale League and this was not good. Seven innings, five earned runs, five strikeouts in a walk.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with your A's?
Speaker 3: Why are they?
Speaker 2: I mean you're a.
Speaker 3: Giant, Yeah, what's up with your Dodgers? Want to go that? Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm just saying, like a Bay Area I'm.
Speaker 3: You're throwing in the towel. The A's are trying to move. It's garbage. Like there. I feel bad for any real AS fans out there.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, they don't really exist.
Speaker 1: They're going to Vegas if they are exact. Mitch Keller four innings, five earned runs, give up nine hits, and Hermand Marquez couldn't make it till the fourth with five earned runs.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There were some zeros as far as haters go, and there's some big names. Vladimir Guerrero, oh for five with three strikeouts. You just do not see that that often that is not a common thing. Dansby Swanson, Dan's may zero oh for four three k's y'all moncatta now, who has cooked oh for four to three strikeouts? I couldn't be more out on you.
Speaker 3: I used to be all in on him too, and I have so far out on him.
Speaker 2: At this point. Jake Berger is just a better option for that team.
Speaker 3: It's a shame that drunk uncle Tony is platooning Burger with sheets right now. It is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean he's a We actually have just pointed if you're a White Sox fan, we have one of our listeners, the one time Boom King. He does parody songs. He's sent in a White Sox parody song, and.
Speaker 2: It is it'll drop today.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a wild one.
Speaker 1: But agreed, everything they do is frustrating, and you know you seeing you all, I mean, it's hard to not have Mancotta out there. It's just you wish that they could adjust him, move him off. But fantasy wise, Burger is just a better option. It just doesn't really make sense. Brenda Marshaw for three to three strikeouts, Copy and paste that one. Paul Goldsmith zero oh for four two k's, Bobaschett, oh for five with two k's he's been frustrating. And zero for five with two k's for Tim Anderson. So a lot of big names on there, missing a lot of baseballs friends. It is home run time. Yesterday we had the rookie two points extra points for the rookie calls. It did not work out in my favor, ugh, but it worked out in Mike Mayer's favor. Yep, you can see it over there, twenty two bombs because he was able to jump in with Joe pis Apia because he got those double points. He picked Julio Rodriguez, I just selfishly and what garbage by me forgot to even mention mayor's pick yesterday.
Speaker 2: He had Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: I Bogmann had the man we don't speak of on the Pirates, and I had Alec Thomas. As far as taking advantage, Deeblum did the best job because Hi Kubby did not move. He had Adlee, Larry had Bobby Witt, but dee Blum took Julio and was able to jump in to Tide for third play. Very impressive with title chaser as the home run calls, move on. Mike Mayer jumped up and El Scale I think was the only other person to hit Homer. That is on the top board. So congratulations to everybody on that front. And you know where that takes us, my friends.
Speaker 2: That takes us too.
Speaker 1: The king of betting for kings and Queen's Yes, there's no crown today except for the tiara for me. When you use our special offer promo code leading off over on bet MGM, you're gonna make some money. I gotta do is bet ten bucks. You're gonna win two hundred dollars regardless of what happens. Maybe you'll also win your bet and that'll be awesome. Go download the app, Go to betimgm dot com if you need to promo code leading off and get betting. Get betting on these props, Bubba. Do you like my tiara?
Speaker 3: Is the question?
Speaker 2: You're not commenting on it.
Speaker 3: I was letting you get your spiel out there. It's beautiful. It's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Do I look beautiful? Do I look pretty?
Speaker 3: You look oh so pretty?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: That's all I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: You know what, since you said that, I'm gonna just wear this through my props Okay, Joe's got the big manly crown. And as JP said, this is what we should call it, The Daily Princess.
Speaker 3: You need like a whole thing, a whole production for.
Speaker 1: This, like mayor Baba keeping a straight face when I put on the tr I gotta tell you, I was actually kind of waiting for you to break and you weren't, and that was distracting me.
Speaker 2: I'm a pro I'm very proud of you, Bobba.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you think of my props today, number one on the board on K's. I went through just a host of them, and I just don't love a lot. There's a couple you could just take a gamble with the only one that I really got locked into was my boy, Logan Gilbert, who is going against.
Speaker 2: Your a's, your a's, Baba.
Speaker 1: He's struck out six in each of his last three games. Logan Gilbert has his prop today is at five and a half.
Speaker 2: It's not juice like you think it would.
Speaker 1: I mean it's in the like one minus one thirties, but the a's are about middle of the strikeouts. Logan Gilbert's just a beast and a monster. And this is probably my favorite. K prop one of the day. You like you some Logan Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. When we get to DFS picks, we will talk about Logan Gilbert. So I love Logan Gilbert. Today the a's there's a team you want to target every time you can.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is my A plus Princess prop of the day. So my Princess Tiara prop of the day is Logan Gilbert, my number one favey. I kind of really going down the barrel on my next two, so you know, I was doing some digging.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 1: I like the total base marker for Brandon Drury today over on bet MGM. They've got the best odds at minus one twenty. You get your one and a half total base over. He has six straight games of hitting this one and a half over. He's also in seven of his last eight as well. He's got a two for five career against Hendrix Hendricks. Hendricks has just been kind of a struggle in general, and Brandon Jury has been pretty pretty hot. So I like the Brandon Jury total base marker and I went, j oh, you know what I forgot? I did do one other K prop.
Speaker 3: JT.
Speaker 1: Brewbaker, who has hit the five strikeout marker and four straight starts today.
Speaker 2: It is that four and a half. It's a little bit juiced.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee's bottom seven in strikeouts, and those are my picks. That is not the pretty. It's not as pretty as me and my Tierra type of group of.
Speaker 3: Dudes today, right, Yep, yep, it's not as pretty. It's a rough day though, Like we said, we'll get the DFS. It's not the It's not juicy, that's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and Wonk even said wind blown out and things.
Speaker 3: It's hot and windy and Wrigley, So pray for Hendrix and Ashcraft.
Speaker 2: That is going to work for me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, why don't we get right to a DFS picks? Bubba was kind enough to get us a few dudes. I did pick some lineup some stacks, if you will. I did pick Cincinnati. You're talking about the wind blowing out. I kind of like Philly and San Diego. Those are my three player stacks, like Cincy, Brandon Drury, and Kyle Farmer. I might be going with Mitchell White can be fine, but I kind of like picking up a couple of San Diego guys and just Philly in general. But what do you like on the DFS slate tonight for pitchers and hitters.
Speaker 3: For pictures, especially on DK, Logan Gilbert at ninety five hundred is really really strong. It's Oakland. I like, I'm on a fandle as well at ten four if you're paying up. We talked about the strikeout prop. The A's offense is just dreadful, so so picked up early and often. But I don't mind going like on DK with an Aaron Nola to be contrarian if you want to pay up. He's just consistent, is you like, usually six or more innings as long as he doesn't have to blow up. He's gets tons of strikeouts. There's a lot to like there with.
Speaker 1: Nola his strikeout prop today too, I was like, I don't like to take seven and a half a whole lot. I'll only do it with Shane McClanahan and see, so that's the problem. But it's probably going to hit against Atlanta, Like it's probably going to hit strike. I think that time you could be comfortable taking it. I just wouldn't put it on like my record of markers and stuff like that. But it's a relatively comfortable one because he's been striking at an insane clip and it is against one of the worst strikeout teams in baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then Mitch White could be a cheap punt, like if you want. But on Fando, I didn't want to bring up Jeffrey Springs is getting the start. Toronto's a great offense, but you're getting a good discount on Springs at eighty six hundred bucks on Vandals, So lots of strike out upside there, and look at how interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say, look at Toronto, like we were talking about that k's left and right. I mean, I think what was it Vlad and Bow yesterday when a combined oh for ten with five strikeouts. I think it is that's actually really not a bad one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then when it comes to bats, like I like your stacks, I'm going to really talk at that Cincinnati Chicago game. Love Sincy against Hendrix, but Chicago could be fun because most won't go there. They'll go to Sincy. But I love India and Vado. They are very since he is just a great value on both sites today, so it'll allow you to pay it for pitching. I like the Pirates again, I keep rolling with them. You can go back to Reynolds, but you got vogel Bach, you got Black Madris has been very good. They're very affordable. But if you want one pay up spot, that'll be different. Probably low rostered on this slate Seattle going up against a rookie pitcher for Oakland. Julio and Winker are swinging really hot bats, very expensive, so most of you know roster the Dodgers or somebody else. So you can get some low ownership on Seattle and have a nice, really contrariy and look to the slate if you want to go that direction.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: For the home run call today, I actually almost went Julio Rodriguez and that would have been a back to back, you know, double dong type of situation. Over two days, I moved away from it, and I'm actually gonna go with our total based guy today. Wind blown out. Give me Brandon Drury. This is probably the furthest down I've picked. I know I had one earlier in the year that was wildly weird, but I'm going to go with Brandon Jury today for my home run call.
Speaker 2: Just out of left field. Joe has still got Jordan Alvarez, which isn't super great. Our boy.
Speaker 1: Mayor is going with Patrick Wisdom, so he's call, yeah, we're playing the same thing, and Mayor is up near the board. What do you got, Bubba, who you gonna jump in with?
Speaker 3: Side note, Patrick Wisdom, I think is a phenomenal tournament player. I'm going Joey Vatto, the lefty going up against Hendricks. Vado has been heating up since he came off he covid Il, and I think with that wind blowing out and the weather at really, we're gonna see a lot of fly balls going deep, deep, deep, So give me some. Joey Botto I call him Sir Joey Botto because he's from Canada. BVP.
Speaker 1: I think he's got the highest home run track record against anybody today, but you know he's also one hundred years old, and as is Kyle Hendry. We don't age shame, Okay, no, Wed one hundred percent don't because we're getting up there. Bubba on Twitter at Beattie in trick. What do you got to promote? Bench with Bubba? What's up in your world?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Yeah? Bench with Bubba writing two times a week for a Fantasy pros check that out and just so much more fun. I could do a DFS show money through Friday as well, so follow me on Twitter you'll get all my good stuff. But check out bench with Bubba. I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I always forget too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are a Fantasy Pros family, so getting on the podcast. We've done plenty, but I think this is your first time on leading off. Sorry it was with me and not with Joe Pi Zapiaugh, I apologize about that.
Speaker 3: It's okay. There's too much glor when both of us around the screen at the same time, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not a bad point. Joe is back tomorrow. I will tell you.
Speaker 1: There were no new submissions today for the Joe Photoshop contest, so I've only got the three. I've only got Coolie Joe, which was one.
Speaker 2: We've got the.
Speaker 1: Devil's reject or Devil's Advocate, whichever one it was, the car salesman Joe, and then Joe deGrom. Those are the only three that I have on the hair contest. So if you guys want come and check out the Premium discord. You can get in on the home Run contest. You can get in in the welsh Ama, which, by the way, I should be doing my stages today at five pm Eastern, So come and hang out with me like you know, keep me busy. Please five pm Eastern and you guys can in the AMA Welsh You can post a picture of your photoshop and we will present them to Joe on Friday Show. Bubba, you did fantastic. Thank you so much for hanging out with me. I appreciate you, my friend, always.
Speaker 3: Been a friend. If you guys ever need help, just let me know and I will do my best to be there.
Speaker 1: Pianza, Greger Jacks, thank you so much for hanging out. Hopefully you guys had a good time. Thank you for letting me fill in for the rest of the week. But you got me and Joe coming back tomorrow. Let's go win some money, Let's go do some stuff.
Speaker 2: The story of the game goes on. I'm not gonna do Joe thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah now, I'm not going to do Joe sling. We're not going to be silly about that. Love you all, friends. We'll talk to you again right here on leading off on Fantasy Pros tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Peas out