Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. To whom are You Connected? Forever?
Speaker 2: You know you are deeply connected to anyone you've ever loved or whose love has changed your life, no matter whether that relationship changes comes to an end, whether you're separated by time or distance or death, what becomes of you because you love and have been loved, will last forever for all of eternity. To whom are you Forever Connected?
Speaker 1: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm Casey.
Speaker 1: Hi, Casey Welcome. What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: I was really hoping that you would play a song from me amazing husband, Joshua.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this amazing husband of yours.
Speaker 3: He's a sergeant with our police department here, and he works incredibly long and hard hours to let me be a stay at home mom for our boys. And he often goes without being able to be there for them for the special events and stuff, just to give me the opportunity here for them for everything. And I just I have no words to explain how much he means to be, and how thankful I am for the sacrifices he makes for our family.
Speaker 1: So Joshua is out there keeping our cities safe, keeping our streets safe despite a lot of craziness going on in the world, and working hard so that you can work hard at raising your family.
Speaker 3: This man, he does.
Speaker 1: And do you ever get time like alone for a date night?
Speaker 3: It's few and far between, but we try, We try really hard when we get those moments to tear them and to make the most of it when we can.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll play a song for you if you promised me that sometime in this new year, in the next few weeks, you will find a babysitter. Ask mom, ask grandma, ask somebody so that you two can go have a date night.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am, I'll make that promise to you.
Speaker 1: All right, good night, Thank you for calling. Hi. Good evening. You've called Delilah. Who is this?
Speaker 5: Hi, Delilah, My name is Michelle.
Speaker 1: Hi, Michelle, how are you doing on this night?
Speaker 5: Well? I'm calling you because you know I lost my husband a year ago from a bad disease called als.
Speaker 1: Tell me what's your hobby's name, honey, real? And how long we're real and you married.
Speaker 5: We've been together for thirty two years.
Speaker 1: And how many years did he battle als?
Speaker 5: Not quite two years.
Speaker 1: That is such a brutal, brutal disease.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not over it yet.
Speaker 1: No, you will never be over it.
Speaker 5: I'm only fifty nine. I'm not back to work yet. It's so difficult. And since we were singers and musicians or the music I hear is very art. But the song i'd like to hear tonight live like you were tying.
Speaker 1: I will play that in honor of real. So you were musicians.
Speaker 5: Together, musicians and singers.
Speaker 1: So it's probably hard to listen to any music without hurting to the core of your being.
Speaker 5: Well, all the words get to me all the time. You know, any music, any song, every day. It's such a battle for me. I know I'll get over it one day, but now it's very art.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry for your loss, but I am so happy to hear the love in your voice.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I love them so much. We add such a great bond together, you know, not just husband and wife, but all the love and the music we shared together. Music is such a strong I don't know how to say it in English, you know we're French though it links us together.
Speaker 1: You know, creates that bond.
Speaker 5: That's it. I listen to you every night.
Speaker 1: Well you stay tuned and I will play a song for you. God, bless you, honey, thank you so much, Julia, welcome. What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: I would like to let you get a song to my boyfriend and just that teacher that he's very very amazing guy. And now he's all mine, And would you be able to play n he's going to for you?
Speaker 1: And what is his name?
Speaker 6: His name is Jason.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't even talk without grinning. You are so head over heels for this guy. How long have you been seeing him?
Speaker 6: Ah, three and a half years and.
Speaker 1: You're still like giddy like you just started dating a month ago. I know that's a good sign. That's a very very good sign.
Speaker 6: Yes it is. He's the most amazing person ever.
Speaker 1: Tell me something amazing about this young man.
Speaker 6: He is kind and generous and he's running next.
Speaker 4: To me, so he's all breeding.
Speaker 1: He's kind, he's generous. Is he as smitten with you as you are with him?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, I will play that beautiful, beautiful song for you too, and I hope that you have a wonderful rest of the winter and a joyful spring together. Thank you, Thank you, Welcome aboard. What can I do for you, Sammy?
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness. I have grown up listening to you, my mom, and I used to listen to you all the time growing up. I met the love of my life about a little over a year ago and we just got married. And I always wanted to be one of those people that got to call in and say I married the love of my life. And I never thought that it would happen. But here I am at thirty two and living the best life.
Speaker 1: And what is the name of the love of your life that we get to celebrate?
Speaker 7: His name is?
Speaker 1: And tell me about his character, tell me about his heart.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, he is the best person. I mean, he is so thoughtful, he remembers everything. He's an amazing cook, and he is always there for me always.
Speaker 1: And is he cute to boot?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? He is the most handsome man. I hit the jackpot.
Speaker 1: And what is the song that I can play to bring even more love and more joy into this relationship into this night.
Speaker 7: What's really funny is his favorite artist is Katy Perry. And fireworks song.
Speaker 1: I will play it and you can go enjoy the fire works with your new hobby. Thank you, Delilah, thank you, thank you for calling, thank you for listening. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Chris Well, I just wanted to share, you know, it's an information about my boyfriend Ken. We've known each other thirty one thirty two years, and we've actually been dating about maybe seventeen years now. The seventeen years come June this year.
Speaker 1: You have been dating. Are we ever going to make it permanent? Or are we happy dating?
Speaker 4: No? No, we're happy dating. I mean, like I said, I've known him for a long time and you know, he's very special to me and I love him daily.
Speaker 1: I get that. My question was, are you going to make it permanent? Is this going to be a forever thing? Are you gonna take that step to the next level of commitment? Or are are we content and happy just dating?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Happy?
Speaker 4: Just dating?
Speaker 1: How many of your family members have asked the same question?
Speaker 4: They don't easily ask you that question?
Speaker 1: Really just just prying people like an annoying lady on the radio. Tell me why you love this man so much?
Speaker 4: He's like a big teddy bear. I mean, he's just so.
Speaker 1: Lovable, you know, and he brings you joy he does. Yes, And what song can I play for you?
Speaker 4: How about I Always Love You by CaMLA Daine.
Speaker 1: All Right, I will do that. You have a great night, Darling. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.