Speaker 1: You can't fail if you don't quit. If you fall down seven times, get up aimed, and if you can look up, you can get up. Do you really understand what I mean by that? Like? Have you really digested that? Have you digested it for yourself? If I decided to to stop, to quit, I wouldn't be sitting here right here here in front of you. You wouldn't be hearing my voice coming through your speakers if I decided to quit. If I decided to stop now, I'm not saying that it's not okay to pause, but just don't quit. You have to remember that your location is not your destination. Now, while this song has been out for a bit, for some reason, on my way in the studio, I heard Mary Mary walking in a whole different kind of way. I think previously I associated with that song just feeling good and getting about life. But when I really started listening into it and I really became inspired by it, it started to inspire me in so many ways. She says. Are they say, I'm not sure if it was Erica Artina. One of them says, well, all I can take is one, one step at a time. I think oftentimes we confuse ourselves. We get so discombobulated and so frustrated because rather than realizing that inch by inch life's a cinch and yard by yard life is hard, we're trying to speed things up and sometimes it's just simply putting one foot in front of the other. And yes, in this game called life, you have to remember that the journey is the experience, and the experience is the journey. So therefore you will hit some ditches. Therefore you will be in some valleys. There will be times where you will catch yourself at the peak of a mountain. You will go down, and you will go up. They can continue on saying, look at me, I'm trying. Every day, I fall down, make mistakes, get back up, try again next time that you see me. I'm walking, I'm walking. I'm walking. Some people say walking takes too long, but I say, with walking you can't go wrong. Why should you rush your way through life? You won't get very far running all the time. You better catch it because it's high, baby, So remember, inch by inch, life's a inch. You can't fail if you don't quit. All right, It's Thursday, and it's that damn dawn like a break of day, and you know what time it is. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. And this is your first time tuning in and well Vitamin D. It's a pone of my name. My name is Dawn and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get your Vitamin D right with me and get excited about your life. I said, we're here for a good time, not a long time. Hello there, hey, miss Maya, how you doing. Hey to everybody that is visually watching me right now, we are live Vitamin D in Studio E. It's that dang one dawn like the break of day coming in and full of facts, gotta come in direct. Huh, you're ready to cut me a check? Hey, all right, so I'm back in the studio. I will say that I did start a little bit later than I wanted yell. And what I mean by that is that, you know, last week or not? Let child by on Tuesday, a couple of days ago, the day before yesterday, Missatasha said, Dawn, can you please start at five? How about five to six thirty? Because at first I was saying, I'm gonna go to FAE. I wanted to go at Fax, but I said, you know what, live at five? And then I ain't come up until six. So it's six pm. But guess what we here? We here, and we got some things to talk about. Now. I have came up with some features and conversations I'm so excited to share with you. We got some foolishness from under the news desk, you know those individuals that are too scary to give the news. Yeah, my writers got that over to me. Also, I got some news about Governor Gavin Newsom. Yeah, he veatos a bill to help Black Fai reclaim their land. Now, if you're in California, you know that whole story that happened with Bruce's beach right, Well, all that is combined in this Plus we have a morning show host that is now stepping down along with several CEOs. So I definitely want to talk about that and would love to get some callers in to get their opinions. Also, did you hear about that mother at Disneyland? They got arrested in front of our bairies, Chah. I want to talk about that. I got a Vitamin D Levice letter and I got some news and resources, and I want to encourage you that if you would like to call in to comment on any of our wonderful stories, here's the studio line eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. Again that is eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. And if you are watching, I'm gonna go ahead and put that in the check because I know sometimes you know, you could be getting in this Auls getting lost. But I want to make sure that if you want to keep up with me, pull up on me, yes, I said, pull up on me yes. So we were getting into first, Miss Maya. Are we talking about the news from the desk or from under the news desk. Let's go what from under the news desk? All right, here it is, and once again from our crazy and silly comedic friends from over at under the news desk were the hilariously report and sciatirically comment about the news for a few minutes from under the news desk because they're literally afraid of the world. All right, here we go, get some comedy, y'all. Y'all ready, from under the news desk. A six year old drives mom's suv to see Mickey Mouse. Yes, you heard that correctly. A six year old girl named Jessica Shelby from Anaheim, California, took the keys to her mother's white suv and her mother's credit card and then drove herself to Disneyland while her mother was asleep on the couch. The theme park, thankfully, was just only fifteen away from little Shelby's home. The six year old did hit a mailbox on the street corner at thirty miles an hour, but she safely made it to Disneyland without any injuries. However, Anahei EMTs and paramedics are still medically treating the rent increased notices and the unemployment checks that were inside the mailbox. Meanwhile, concern Park staff and lapd Are with the Little Girl right now has said that she's calmly eating Disneyland popcorn. But surprisingly snow Whites, The Wicked Queen and Ursula the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid were the most visibly upset by this both and volunteered the most to take little Jessica Shelby safely back home. Wait a minute, did you catch it? Okay? Oh, let me finish. I'm not done. When reporters asked why, with many tears in their eyes, both famous Disneyland villains said this, both of our mothers didn't watch over it like they should have when we were this age, and look how we both turned out. Du Da Da da. Next up, a postal worker robbed and left walking in his underwear and van nass. California postal worker Calvin Davis, age fifty four, was robbed only just three hours into his postal route while delivering the mail. Several gang members surrounded Calvin Davis, and then they took his uniform, his shoes, and his government issued USPS mail truck away from him. The suspects also got away with about thirty thousand dollars in payroll checks, mailed gift cards, and numerous online shopping packages. Now, Calvin Davis then walked six miles back to the main post office depot Bridge in his underwear only, carrying a cold, thirty two ounce bottle of water in his trembling hands. Now fellow postal workers tried to come from mister Davis as he was hysterically crying by saying this, well, they didn't get your water bottle, to which the fifty four year old poster worker tearfully said, the water bottle is it mine? The gangsters gave it to me. They wanted me to be none Thursday and very well hydrated for tomorrow's robbery. Go figure. College students make real life Star Wars light saber. Three graduating college students at Massachusetts College from the Engineering and Sciences Department, who are insanely huge Star Wars fan have just made the world's first fully functioning light saber. The US military as Room were to be very interested in talking to those incredibly drifted college students about their amazing invention being used for possible use for troops in the field. Well done, indeed. Also the other Star Wars related news college money lenders. College AV and Sally may have just created a fully functional non payment of student loans global tractor beam, capable of lifting all hiding and none paying student loan borrowers high up into the air, no matter where they are on Earth, and then the tractor beam violently drags them to the nearest pay windows of their student loan lenders. Ironically, the tractor beam itself is powered by lay fees. Yeah, and from all of the college diplomas hanging on the walls of America, College app and Sally may release this official statement. I said today to pay on time and to never never to be free of us. That is their destiny. If this is only if they only knew the power of presidential loan forgiveness. Now Q the Darth Vader theme music and competing with the Grilled Chicken Restaurant star Wars and competing with the Grilled Chicken Restaurant Wars have now begun. Look out. L Poyo Logo Restaurants, twenty three new fast food chain locations from a brand new Mexican grilled chicken restaurant chain is coming to take all over your business. And it's called El Poyo deforcio, which means the divorced chicken in Spanish. Yes, l poyo diforcio. Look for the featherless mail rooster that's crying on the courthouse steps, on the front of each in every bag. He's featherless because the ex and her lawyers got away with it all. Why she even got the henhouse too? And if because sixty five percent of American men have already tasted l poyo divorcio. And finally, wait this just in this is a breaking news story. Money is still green. I repeat, money is still agreed and money was last seen on Payday getting into a car against its will and heading towards the high rent and supermarkets. Well, we'll stay with this developing story until we run out of pennies. And this this has been from under the news desk, the news desk, and remember food goes in, but news always comes out. This has been a fair best presentation, all right. So that's what we got going on with that. Now what are we going to next? Are we going to our news, our advice letter, what we want to do? Hardcore news or the advice letter? I figured we own a funny note. You tell me what we want to do y'all. Hey, Jay, thank you for pulling up on me. All right, let me do this. How about I'm thinking to myself, hmm. Let me get an advice letter? All right? Now, I want to remind you guys that if you need some advice, to be sure to send me an email at Vitamin D at dawn Dai speaks dot com. That's Vitamin D at dawn Dai speaks dot com. Now when you send this letter, if you need relationship advice on your career, on on on trying new things, perhaps you need some such questions, I am here for you now. Vitamin D is all about shedding light on the good and the bad. Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, well, you're going to have to be able to see better. So let's dive in and see what we got on this Vitamin D advice lett all right, subject for the love of money. Dear Dawn, I listened to you all the time, was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on this. I'm a twenty six year old college grad and I was just offered a really good job. It's managing a Japanese software and schematics company in Las Vegas, and it pays three hundred and fifty thousand a year, and that's after taxes, full benefits to and they're throwing in six grand moving expenses as well because it's in another state. But the job is only for six years, though a bigger company will buy it up by them. Currently, I'm making one hundred k in my hometown doing the exact type of job. But I'm kind of afraid to go to a city where it's just only me. I don't know anybody out there, and I've never left home and all of my friends and family before. It's three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year for six years in writing guaranteed. I'm torn? What should I do? Signed Lee Lee Lelee. I wish that was may mae girl. If you offer me that money much money in writing for sixty years every year? Shit, let me watch my moms. Yes, I'm taking I'd be at the text company parking lot, so dang on fest. I tell them that the jet wasn't flying fast enough. That's why I gotta get out of Detroit and I ran the west of the way there. Okay, Yes, get that money. They opened up the front door office and all I have is my luggage. My luggage would already be underneath my arms. My new company badge is in my mouth, and I'd be asking where is the employee of breakroom? And what time does the taco truck pull up? I just need to know what is up? You a mess? I listen, here's the thing. If you were not to take this big casino folding money, give me the job, and I I will show you what you can do with three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in a year that can make a sister like me and a limit voka twister. Real nice, don't play with me, play with yourself, but seriously, honestly, truthfully, can we talk. Wait a minute, Chuck, don't call in. Yeah, give me, I'm on my letter. But all kidding aside, this is honestly your decision. But please, please don't let fear or going outside of your regular day to day comfort zone stop you from being great. Don't stop you out from mixing a new opportunity. There are so many people that I can't remind you that falls for that, you know, and let's look at the positive side of this. You know, my thing is is if you want to grow, you're gonna have to get out of your comfort zones. If you want to be and do something that you've never been, well, honey, you're gonna have to do and be something that you've never been before. That's what it's all about. I mean, let's just really think about it. You're gonna be doing the same job before two hundred and fifty thousand dollars more. Good lord, Good lord, it's a lot of money. Can I say it's a lot of money because I want it? Because I want it because I want it, not to mention your twenty six and that means you would technically be making over a million dollars and six years. They're paying for the move, and you got the company benefits too. And as far as not knowing anybody in Las Vegas, here's an option. Take a really good girlfriend out to you, or any a real good friend that could possibly be your roommate, and have them watch the apartment while you at work and it be with you when you come back, or get your man or your other friend, whatever the case may be. Because with that amount of money, you could probably hide yourself a home staff. I mean, we are talking Las Vegas. I can see if I say a parents, I can see if I say in New York. Heck, I can even say if I can if you were in LA and steal, that would be a lot of money. Okay, don't be afraid to take a chance. If I had never taken a chance on myself and went to Howard after, can I remind you after I got rejected, had I not fought for that, I would not have graduated with honors, and I would not have hosted my graduation. I would have never went on to work at WBLS. I would have never been had my article in the New York Times. I would have never made this move to come out to LA, to work with the Steve Harvey Show Morning show, to be on a television show, and to be sitting right here on my own podcast at Premiere Networks, Vitamin D and Studio E. Don't play with me, play with yourself better. Yet, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself. You got greatness inside of you. And how many times are you gonna wait for somebody to bet on yourself? If you don't even bet on yourself? Huh? At what point are you going to decide that I have to stop functioning and to live. Remember, things function, but people live, and it's time for you to live on purpose and for a purpose. And sometimes that purpose is just to see something the news. What little Marmay say. Oh, now, don't you dead, close your eyes. So take a chance on yourself, my dear. Okay, that's what life is all about. Now. I see I got some new people coming up in. I see miss Brenda, and I hey, miss Brenda, it's don like the breaking day. And hey, Chuck, now, Chuck, if you want to call in for a quick announcement, I want to get to some PSAs and then I want to bust open some news. So I gonna give a reminder real quick. If anybody gets tuning in and you want to pull up on me and give me a call, call me right now before I move to the next thing. The studio line is panned on the screen. It's an eight to one eight A four six one fifty four thirty two. I said eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Now let me know what you're trying to do. Boo, Hey, don't play with me, playing with yourself. Okay, you know I need to come back in the studio with my pineapples out my mom. The reason why I had my pine of was because what do I say? If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready? What don't look at me like that? You better look at yourself? All sugar chicken? All right, here we go. It's Chuck in the house. Hay Chuck, Hay Chuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you doing?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm doing good. Got a little later start, but I'm here. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: So Chuck. For all those who may not know what city you calling in from, I'm.
Speaker 2: Calling in from Kanye's Georgia Congress.
Speaker 1: Georgia's in the house, Kanye's Kye, Kanye's. I was about to say, I ain't never heard of no Congress, but I was gonna go with it.
Speaker 3: So also, I have the I was gonna stay last night. And I have the friend that she does like talent companies. She's a talent agent and she's just doing being in Atlanta, and man was discussing some stuff. She was like, she planning on trying to trying to push it out to La That's her main goal.
Speaker 2: She said, She's doing the Atlanta right now.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be on November the seventeen or Sunday, November seventeenth.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the time is, but if you are in the Atlanta area or you.
Speaker 3: Able to come to the Atlanta area around that time, you are welcome to come to the show.
Speaker 1: So the tickets are free. Yah is it free? I know?
Speaker 2: The show is like a twenty five dollars get the general mission. You want to give out the.
Speaker 1: Number of the website, so any good people that's listening around the country the world can pull up if they just happen to be in Georgia.
Speaker 2: So it's you book it on even Bright if you know where even Bread is.
Speaker 1: Okay Bright, Yeah, Bright.
Speaker 2: It's even Bright even Bright think it's even Brighter Eve Bright? What it is? You book it on their teams? So it's it's called the second annual. Uh, let me put it up while I'm talking.
Speaker 1: Here's what you're gonna do, because we gotta keep it going. Why don't you go ahead and put that link in this on the video chat and for all those that want to go and check it out, they can go ahead, and Jayson even Bright, they can go ahead and check out the information. How does that sound.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's that's correact. That's right.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, chuck and congratuations.
Speaker 3: Then and then also I want I want all y'all prayers for out there in West Coast.
Speaker 2: You know, we are it's fears the hurricane tonight, it's coming through. It might come through sometimes.
Speaker 3: Tonight we uh in Georgia playing on hitting Georgia, going through Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I want everybody to keep using offers.
Speaker 1: Okay, send us major prayers are away and room for healing and all of that. Oh my goodness, I'm sure that has to be a scary situation. You know, when I think of hurricane I was down there the year after a Hurricane Katrina. I had went down there to help clean up some stuff, and it was just unbelievable to be walking in some homes and talking to some residents where as high as you walk into the building, as high as when you walk into the building, oh my gosh, part of me, y'all, I don't know why she's calling. As soon as high as when you walk into the building, of the ceiling, you can actually see the watermarks and the stains. So who prayers and all that. Thank you so much, so We're praying for everybody over on the Southeast, anybody that can be affected or will be affected by the hurricanes. Okay, okay, thank you so much, Chuck. I'm gonna get to some more PSAs and some more stories to call me back. Okay, I'm lil all right. Thank you, And speaking of news and information and Jay Barnes, if Jade, if you want to call in, I'm about to make this special announcement Los Angeles. Have you heard of Black Man's Wildness Day? Do you know the importance of helping to save a black man's life or a black man that you love? How about knowing the importance of knowing your numbers? Well? Did you know that black men are dying from preventable diseases and you can be a part of the solution. I want you all to come out to Jesse And Park next to Dorsey High School. Yeah, that's the Rancho Sienega Complex on November two at seven am for the Black Male Wellness Day. Walk for your dad, Walk for your brother, Walk for your husband, your son and uncle, perhaps even yourself. This is a free family event for kids, entertainment, free health screenings, and so much more. In fact, I will be out there. I have the opportunity of having Jade and as well as some respectable individuals from the organization come and talk about the program on the FMDL. I had the opportunity to talk to some of the sponsors and some of the great people that helped made it work and why it's so important. And now I'm talking to you cause I want you to pull up, roll up, walk up, get up, just show up because the change starts within. Okay. Now, if you know a man that could be benefit from this information or a loved one, I want to encourage you to visit LA dot AA Wellness dot org and we'll see you Saturday, November second. Okay. It's from seven am until twelve pm and we will be walking to save Black men's lives and speaking on the topic of health. Did you know that there are going to be free wellness classes, Yes, at the Crenshaw Yogurt at Crenshaw Yoga and Dance is right there off of Crenshaw. The address is fifty four twenty six. Every third Friday there's a women's circle between five pm and seven pm. On Wednesdays, there's cardio kickboxing from seven fifteen to eight fifteen pm. On Tuesday, you have your Senior Cheer Yoga from four forty five to five thirty and Tuesdays there's a sound Bath meditation from six pm and seven pm. Remember all of these classes are free free ninety nine. When you know better, you can do better and so therefore you can be better. And since we just feeling good on this feel good moment, I want to also let you know that every Tuesday between six and seven pm there's a sound bath meditation with Yolanda and Raven. This is happening also at Crenshaw Yoga and Dance. In fact, I think I'm being a little redundant because this is the highlight from the Tuesday's class at the same location, So pull up. I got this information from from Miss Felicia or Rashard, who said, Dawn, can you share this information with our good people? And I said, but of course, of course, And I want to encourage you if you have any community news or information to send me an email Vitamin D at Dawn d aispeaks dot com. That's Vitamin D at Dawn dai speaks dot com. One more thing, you know, we are entering covid and flu season I want to remind you that if you are looking for some new COVID tests, it is now open. The USPS is now accepting for people to place their order for free at home COVID nineteen tests. As of late September, households in the US are eligible to order up to four one, two, three four free at home tests from USPS, and all you need to know about the order is that each order includes four individual rapid antigen COVID nineteen tests, including extended shelf life and updated expiration dates. Orders will ship free starting on the thirtieth. I already said mine, true, I did it right. When I was prepping for the SHAW, I said, grorel, let me get these free tests. Who's out there? Have you been affected by COVID recently? I mean, what's going on? Uh? You know, I know some people are still dealing with long COVID. But are we still afraid of COVID how we were before? Everybody kind of on the chiopiel. I'm just curious. Let me know. Well, I want to encourage you. I am about to drive into some news. After I finished the news, I want to say, hey, call me in the studio and we could talk. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. And right now let's break into some news. Wow, this is happening in California. California and Governor Gavin Newsom veto's the build who helps black families to help black families reclaim taking land. So Governor Gavin Newsom veto the bild on Wednesday that would have helped black families reclaim or be compensated for property that was just unjustly taken by the government. The bill would have created a process for families to follow claim with the state if they believe the government sees their property through eminent domain due to discriminary motives and without providing fair compensation. The proposal by itself would not have been able to take full effect because lawmakers blocked another bill to create a reparations agency that would have reviewed the claims. Now Newsome states, I thank the author for this commitment to readdressing past racial injustices. However, this bill tasks a non existing state emergency to carry out its various provisions and requirements, making it impossible to implement. How are we feeling, are y'all? Listening. How are we feeling? It says, what else? Oh, it says the veto dealt a blow to a key part of a package of reparation bills the California Legislative Black Caucus back this year in an effort to help the state atone for decades of policies that drove racial disparities for Black Americans. The Caucus sent other proposals to new some Desk that would require the state to formally apologize for slavery and its lingering impacts, improve protections against hair discriminations for athletes, and combat the banning of books in state prisons. Is that enough? What's up? Is it enough? I mean, we are really talking about reparations, and I feel like it's a conversation that's constantly ongoing. Is there a such thing as reparations? What dollar am out? Can you put? And how are we going to prove it? Jay said? I said, heck, I want my check too, and I want my health, And there's a lot of things. It's like, it's not even just money. It's about the trauma, the PTSD, a lot of the these illnesses and sicknesses that we are here because of the amount of stress the cortisolt in our body. Because if you a mother and you got a son, you hoping your baby gonna make it back. If you sitting there, if you going in your house and you watching TV, you're hoping you're gonna watch the end of the park group. Heck, if you said I want to get some Vitamin D and I want to jog outside, you gotta worry about somebody pulling up and you getting shot. Then let you own some property off the beach, and then a century later the government gonna come back and say, oh, I think this is yours. But whatever provisions was in place, you couldn't even keep it to get go. So when you talk about reparations, how much money is it really gonna be and willing to make an impact? I know I just went off. I got too excited, But I'm just curious at what point how much is gonna be enough? Now? Senator Stephen Bradford, he introduced the Eminent Domain Bill, like I mentioned after Los Angeles area officials in twenty twenty two returned the beachfront property, Yeah to the black couple. Yet that's what I was talking about at Bruce's Beach. That proposal. He said. He continued he considered this as a crucial and I quote framework for reparations and correcting a historic wrong. Bradford also introduced a bill this year to create an agency to how black families research their family lineage and implement reparation programs that become law, and a measure to create a fund for reparations legislations. Okay, but Black Caucus members block the reparations Agency and fund bills from receiving a final bolt in the Assembly during the last during the last week of the legislation session last month, the Caucus cited concerns that the legislature would not have oversight over the agency's operations and declined to comment further on the fund on the reparation's fund bill because it wasn't part of the Caucus's reparations priority package. How do you feel about that? What do you feel about the bill being vetoed? Are you somebody that's actlessly looking for your reparations? I don't know. Next up, you know the Today Show? Right? Well, Holdah tell me why she's stepping down, and I want to dive into along with some other CEOs of companies that have set down. So Holdah a fixture on the NBC for more than two decades, says she will leave her morning perch of the Today Show early next year, telling staffers and I quote it's time in the memotory team, and later, in an emotional on air revealed Thursday, Holda said her sixtieth birthday is this summer and help trigger the departure. I saw it all so clearly, she says, my broadcast career has been beyond meaningful. A new decade of my life lies ahead, and now my daughters and my mom need and deserve a bigger slice time of my time. Pie. You gotta know yourself and you have to know what you want now. Holda has co anchored the first two hours of Today with Savannah Guthi since twenty eighteen. I know I mispronounced her name, filling in after Matt Lauer was fired amidst sexual harassment allegations. She continued to co host the fourth hour of the morning show with Jenna Bush Hagger, having previously hosted it alongside Catholic League Gifford. Hoda first joined the NBC News as a correspondent for Dateline back in nineteen ninety eight, and later joined the Today's Show in two thousand and seven. Now she has two daughters, Haley who is seven, and Hoped that who is five. You know, sometimes you gotta go to grown, but what if we don't know why exactly you're going? Which leads me. Have you noticed the influx of CEOs that have been stepping down at major companies? Now? There's rumored in speculations of a variety of things that can contribute to this, But I'm only here to report the news, not make it up. In the first three months of this year, more than six hundred chief executive officers have left their jobs, either through retirement, resignation, or being forced out. That's fifty percent increase from the first quarter of twenty twenty three. Now, according to the outplacement firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas, the company's Andy Challenger says the big uptick may be linked to the COVID pandemic. Let me stop, okay, let me continue on. He told Marketplace earlier this year that companies were low were loth to let go, loth to let go of their leaders in the middle of a crisis. What do you think about that? Other reasons for the increased tone river at the top are the retirement of baby boomers and increased stockholder pressure to navigate difficult issues including inflation and supply chain disruptions, as well as social concerns. Now here's a list of some of the CEOs that have stepped down. I want to call I want you to call in because I want to talk about this or perhaps some other stuff. Kevin Lyles three hundred Electra Entertainment. Now, as you may be familiar or unfamiliar, Kevin Lyles has been with the parent company Warner since two thousand and four. In the past year he has been a defender of Sean Diddy Coombs, and some inside the company say Lyle's exit could be a direct result. You also have this CEO of Starbucks who step down, Boeing Paramount Global hurts John Donahure with Nike, the CEO of Warner Music Japan. We have Randy Goodman, CEO of Sony Music Nashville, and MATEO of Combody. Now, what do you think is leading to all these ceo stepping down? This comes amiss now that I'm thinking about when things just drop ship. You know that Kevin Hart had a restaurant, what was it called the Vegan restaurant. It was a fast food, vegan restaurant. Let me see, I'm googling it right now. I guess that's the benefit when you can just be sitting hearthhouse. One day I looked up that I had gotten food from there once. But one day I just looked up and out there it said that as of today, all of the restaurants shut down. Now, there's speculation that Kevin Hart may have had some investors, investors that may be entangled in a few things that may have been a result of the shutdown. What do you think about that? Is it something to be curious or to squench your eyes that Listen, I'm not making the news. I'm just reporting it. Now. Hear this happened locally in Los Angeles. Talk to me about this, all right. A woman at Disneyland was arrested in front of her two children. Now, before I get in this story, the first thing I thought when I saw the headline, I said, what could a mother with her children at Disneyland possibly due to get arrested. I mean, it's where all the magic happens, right. Well, A mother was arrested at Disneyland after failing to show her id to police officers at the theme park and is speaking out on social media now. According to the Anaheim Police Department, Jessina Diaz, who's twenty six year old twenty six years old of Torrance, was taken into custody and cited for obstructing a peace officer for refusing to provide identification now. A video of Diaz and her two daughters being escorted out of the park quickly went viral on social media. In the video, one of her daughter's screams, are you to me? In Spanish? It means help me now. Disneyland officials sold KTLA that the woman allegedly tried to bring her children into the park without paying for tickets. Official said that the woman was one cooperative with Disneyland resort security teams and the Anaheim Police Department. Was later engaged on TikTok. Daz, who posts under the username ds dot v eight, shared that what has happened, what has been posted online is full of lies and that she will share her side of the story soon. The mother also threatened to file a lawsuit against Disneyland now. In another post, Diaz shared a clip of her two daughters riding a carousel at an outdoor shopping mall with the caption the worst way to end the month. Thankfully my daughters are safe. I would die if anything ever happened to them. Disneyland allows children under the age of three to visit Disneyland or Disneyland or Disney California Adventure for free if they are accompanying a guest with a valid park ticket and theme park reservation. Multiple media outlets have identified ds. KTLA contacted the Anaheim Police Department for conformation, but didn't hear back in time for publication. Got dog. I first saw this on Instagram. I'm gonna be honest with you, and I wasn't no. I saw it on KTLA and I wasn't gonna report it. But once I saw the video on Instagram and went viral, I just said, oh my gosh. And then I'm looking at the comments because you know, that really sparks the dialogue. And one thing that people were commenting on the fact is why did she put her children in this situation? Manie? If you knew that it costs money to go to Disneyland and you cannot afford it, why would you try to sneak your children to Disneyland? Then? Somebody else commented, why did they let her in the first place? You could visibly see that our children were over three? And then, of course the overarching thing, what mother? What person deserves to be handcuffed at Disneyland in front of their children? Would it have been too much to just walk around? Now? I didn't see the video or any of the content that happened beforehand. I don't know if she got aggressive, I don't know if she's five. But again, how much you're gonna do with your two children? Listen. I don't make up the news. I'm just reporting it. But I'd love to hear from you. I want to open up these phone lines, pull up on me, call me, let me know that you're here, whether you want to comment on something about the PSAs, whether you want to comment on some about the news, anything that has been going on. Call me in the studio. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Again, that's eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. We're talking what's new and what's true to you? Boo hai No, but that's crazy, that's really insane when you think about the fact that a mother could be actually arrested in front of her children. And more so, does that mean that we have failed ourselves as a community? Are we standing by each other? At what point do we say enough is enough? Or do you side with the fact that you feel like she's wrong for simply bringing her children in when she knew that she couldn't pay for it. And it's like, well, looking at it in hindsight, what kind of trauma is this causing with the kids? Huh? What does this look like? And furthermore, if this was you, what would you do? Hey, Toya on the Move. Good to hear from you, speaking of which I didn't seem as Toya, but I was. I stopped by her house yesterday. You know, Toya has been a staple in our community for years. She holds various events around the city, making sure that she can offer opportunities, whether it be clothing, resources, backpacks, celebrating Easter, Christmas, upcoming Halloween, for those who are underserved, for those who are in need. So I want to encourage you that if you are on Facebook, check out Toya on the Move. Literally Toya space all one word on the move because she's on the move in La making change and inspiring folks inspiring people like me. I came straight from the airport to picking my home girl up to our house to make sure I dropped off those clothes. So thank you so much for making it possible, and thank you so much for allowing me to pull up. Okay, all right, so there we go. We did it again. We hit it with a two time. I'm gonna see if I have some more resources and information for you. Otherwise that might conclude with vitamin C. I want to also welcome if you have anybody that would like to be a guest on the show. If you have more information, please reach out to me. I am looking to getting getting back booked up, getting people on the show, making sure we spread awareness. Thanks so much that we can go ahead and keep inspiring people, because what do I say, When you can do better, you can be better, and sometimes it's gonna require you to see better. Okay, So let me know if you'd like to be a guest, you have any resources or perhaps you need some advice doing like the brick and deat hey doing like the brick and dead hey, And I think I have some more Oh yeah, I want to give out some more information and some resources before I head out of here. So I told you about the wellness. Also, do we have anybody that is looking for a job or a safe place to sleep? Since we are on the conversation of helping those who aren't need if you were somebody you know who was living in their car, I want to tell you about a program. It's called site Safe Parking LA. And if you know anyone that you that needs a safe place to park to sleep overnight, their mission is to provide help and they have open spaces. So again, if you are experiencing homelessness and living in your car, they can help you provide a safe sparking spaces. They have locations in downtown West La Va Campus as well as receiver. You can apply now by calling three two three two one zero thirty three seventy five or emailing intakes at safe Parkla dot org. That's I N T a k E s at Safe Parkingla dot org. Also, I want to encourage you to visit safe Parkingla dot org forward slash need dash help and what's coming up on Tuesday? Oh, I want you to put this on your radar. Put this on the radar because if you stay ready, you ain't got to get to ready. This fall, there will be an employment hiring spree. Get your pens and paper. Okay, don't wait to the last minute saying you don't have an outfit, you don't know how you're gonna get there, you don't have a references, you don't have your resume in check, you don't have a cover letter. Because I am giving you ample amount of time. Now. The date is October twenty fourth. The time is from nine pm to four pm. It's all happening at East Los Angeles Civic Center. They will require you to bring your resume and dress to impress. What you can expect is connect with employers, explore a variety of job openings on the spot, interviews, get supportive help that means cover letter, resume, finding out ways you can get a car in a job to get to what you got to do, and leave with those opportunities. Okay. It's located at forty eighth one East third Street, right here in LA. It's the twenty twenty four fall employment hiring Spree. If you know somebody that need a job, please tell them about this information. If you know somebody that's trying to uplevel themselves, please tell them about this information. If you yourself are looking and you don't know what you're gonna do, please take Heed to this information. Each one, teach one, each one, reach one, and you can do that by checking out the website hiring Spreela dot org. That's hiring spree La dot org and check them out on Facebook, Facebook dot com, forward slash hiring spree La, I said, Facebook dot com forward Slash high ring spree La. And this is sponsored by America Works. I heard about that. Also, Senors, we seniors in the house some information. If you need some support with your utility bills. This goes for our seniors who are sixty years old and plus. If you need to get help with your LADWP and SoCal discounts, I need you to take Heed. If you need to apply for rebates, I need you to take Heed. If you need to apply for financial assistance to pay your bills, I need you to take Heed and pull up at seventeen four hundred Victory Boulevard. Now this is over in Van Eys. Now there's a couple of items that you're gonna need to bring with you. You're gonna need your current state ID or your driver's license, and you need a picture from the government that has your name and your address to say you are who you say you are, okay, and you need to have both current bills, your electric and your gas bill all the pages. Don't play with me, play with yourself and rent, mortgage receipts, your mersed current They need to know how much you're paying, to understand the priority of what you're listed for the support, and last but not least, proof of current household income. Yes, these are for seniors sixty years and plus who need support, who need help with the utility bills. Now, if for any reason, if you're unable to come up there on, come up there for the support. You can call here's the number eight one eight seven zero eight forty seven fifty nine. Again, that's eight one eight seven zero eight forty seven fifty nine. Or you can call eight one eight seven zero eight sixty six oh three. And this is in partnership with LA DWP. All right, that's some information. That is some information. Make sure you take EA to that. Guys. I want to continue to roll in on some information and community news. So once again I want to encourage you to put any type of organizations you have at the bottom. Let me know any type of resources because I want to make sure to put these announcements because not only are you able to visually see me say these things on Facebook, this is also going on all the podcast platforms, so this is reaching people not only nationwide but worldwide. So as much as we can get this information out there, the better I'll be, the better you will be, the weather we can be because we keeping eyes on each other. Okay, and thank you for keeping eyes on me. Okay, okay, So keep our own eyes on me and let me know if you want to talk and call, call me in the studio eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Again, that's eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. I am actually opening up the phone lines and welcoming you to call me now before y'all call me, and I'm going to miss the giving now all informations now, if you have some informations or some salutations, I'd love to hear from you. Otherwise, I'm want to thank you for pulling out. We had a good time. It's Miss Latasha in the house. It's Miss Latasha in the house. If you are calling me. If not, that's okay. We'll talk on the flip side. I know you wanted this time a five o'clock to six point thirty. Now I came a little later. Today was a really you know, it was a good, insane day. You know what I'm saying. But just shoot, even from this Saturday is Sunday. But I'm back like I never loved. And I want to encourage you to keep coming back time and time again. I appreciate you. You all stood by me. I kept saying I'm coming back, I'm coming back, and listen, we got back. And if I ain't a living testament that you can't fail, if you don't quit, if you fall down seven times, get up eight and guess what, if you can look up, you can get up. So I don't want you to ever feel discouraged. You know how some of you are. I've known you for a short time, maybe going on two years, and I'm telling y'all, y'all had a real dive in and whether you realize it or not, you saw my peaks and my valleys literally weather in the storm, literally fighting. And as we continue going live with Vitamin D, I will continue to share with this journey and what this process looks like, and guess what, You're starting with me early, so we gonna see how it looks to get on the other side. So just remember you gotta keep walking. And that's why I started out the show with this. You know, we get so distracted by when we hit little heels, when we find ourselves in a little ditch. You trip over something, you might get a little slip, but you ain't got a dip, So don't trip, you feel me, You just keep going and you could put one foot in front of the other, because you can't fail if you don't quit. If you don't believe me, just watch all shucks that dang go market savages in the house. I just got done living some resources and telling the good people. I'm actually on my way heading out here, Marcus, but you're here so I'm not done this yet. But anyway, you can't fail if you don't quit. So I want to remind you of that, and I want you to continue to pull up on me. So as of right now, folks keeps asking, they say, we're doing what time you gonna do it? Ding? What time you're gonna do it? And I say, you know what I feel like if I go live at five is that a good time to pull up on? Everybody live at five? How does that sound? Dawn Day is live at five Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not a plan is to do five to six thirty. We're working on getting the structure together and making sure y'all call in, making sure y'all get resources. So let's continue to do this, Okay. As long as we stick together, we can go further. We will be stronger, we will last longer. I just gotta feel your longer. Don't play with me. I guess that is a great thing. When you're doing your thing. You could just cut up from the flow up. However, you know what's up, how you want to Okay. Ms Maya says it's good with me. Somebody need to to hit up Latasha because Latasha was the main one talking about this time. Now she did message and say I am here. So Latasha, if I called you out, my bad boob. But if that's good with everybody, all right? Cool Marcus? Are there any updates? I have been talking to some individuals and talking about various apprentice programs. Apprenticeship programs, you know, Amari l Jami. I had went to content, I had checked out his facility, and so now that I'm back in the groove, I want to make sure I show you some love too. So if you have any new information, if you're accepting new applicants for your program GTG Academy, let me know so I can tell everybody. Did I say I right? GTG? It's been so long, Marcus, part of me, part of me? If I just misconstrued that, but we gonna get with it. Okay, So you have that information. I told you we taking advice letters, so make sure you email me if you need some advice and relationships advice. Also, this is the time now since I'm back at it, I am definitely taking upon hosting opportunities. I'm actually hosting event tomorrow night. I'm waiting for more details of the information to send out. But it is a community event and it should be open to the public. So if you are watching this and you see this, gee I get in the game. Thank you so much, Marcus, get in the game. I was like, gee two, get in the game. So if you know somebody, let me know. Yes, Miss Mayan, Tuesday and Thursdays live at five Live. That's gonna give enough for people that might be off work getting off work. If you're at work and you're trying to stay here and listen to me, all your meetings are done with. And then if you're on the ex coast, you already at home. You done already ate, so you ready to snuggle on in. Oh, get in there and get it good. So you might as well get it good with me, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all. I think I covered it. I think I've gotten it all. So Tuesdays and Thursdays live at five with Dawn like the break of day. Miss Maya said, I got it. Oh, I got a quick update, real quick. Marcus says, expungent is coming up next month. The fifteenth or sixteenth of October. We were outside at twenty one oh seven Westchester, Manchester, Sorry, west Manchester Avenue. So pull up, okay, pull up. This is for a new life, this is for a new thing. And I don't know about you, but they say joy comes in the morning. I don't think you listened to Vitamin D by a host name Dawn day. Not for a reason. Oh so Latasha I was talking smack. I was talking so much smack about you. I said, Latasha wanted me to come on at five and I said, what's she at now? I did come on at six and I was like, she needs to call me in, But I guess I had to send a toyo on the move. Had to come get you, girl, did she had to come get you, girl. So I've already announced that we're gonna do the whole show. Oh you was driving, Okay, she was driving and we ain't texting while driving. So that's a good thing. That's a good thing, all right. But you know I can still get on you because, uh, this is streaming, so why couldn't you just listen? But I guess you couldn't call you still listening? Okay, I got it. Next week we'll be tired. I'm gonna be go ahead and doing a simulcast over onto YouTube as well. So can y'all get the word out for me? Please get the word out that Dawn Day is back doing her thing, and we back here getting the community news, we back here getting entertainment, and most importantly, we will all be leaving inspired. How does that sound? Does that sound good? If we bidy by it? I'm asking you? Is we boud about it? And I just want to know you have greatness inside of you. We got big dreams and big things to do. All right, So I guess I'm gonna say you on Tuesday? Now, Am I gonna see your own Tuesday? Well? I hope so Marca said, yup, y'all live at five of Tuesday. All right, y'all remember that? Yeah, yeah, Well it's housekeeping here. I guess it's about time for me to head out the studio. I'll right, y'all, keep walking with faith, keep remembering that you can't fail if you don't quit and treat somebody, even if it's yourself, love on somebody. Okay, cause we're here for a good time, not a long time. I wanna uh encourage you all to go ahead and send me a letter. Vitamin D at dawn daispeaks dot com. Also follow us on social media Vitamin D d a w d Ai Vitamin D Dawn Day and if you want some original vitamin D baby that be me. You can follow me on all social media at Dawn Dai Speaks, that's down Dai Speaks. And if you're around tomorrow and you happen to be on TikTok, I will be on there on b Lovely Officials not officials B lovely official selling some shoes, so you might want something out of discount. Pull up on me at twelve pm Pacific Standard time on the ticks of tacks, and I appreciate all of your purchases. All right, all r y'a, I'm getting out of here. Remember loving yourself. It's like dall all right. You know, I'm in the business of making dreams come true, and I damn shore ain't gonna forget about mine. So until next time, family, always remember you are your greatest outside. Get your viting right here with me. I get excited about your life.