Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noel.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer, Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you.
Speaker 4: You are here.
Speaker 3: That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. And if our grand recent conspiracy has worked out, you are watching this on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: We did it.
Speaker 5: We ran the best syop of all time.
Speaker 2: Guys have been getting ready for this episode. I am so excited. I watched season three, episode twenty of X Files Jose chungs from outer Space. Do you guys remember that one?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I do, yes, I do?
Speaker 5: No not that what I have been doing to rewatch myself and I prepared by watching the X Files crossover episode of The Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Hi Bring you Peace, kilm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I prepared by dusting off all of our previous research over the years since we first began this show as a video series. By the way, on pre youtubeoo, nobody checks out.
Speaker 5: Creating Netflix as a streamer. It was back when Netflix was sending discs in the mail.
Speaker 3: So I dusted off all these old paper files from various government agencies, various episodes we did and realize that we've always had the same mission when it comes to UFOs, just like Molder said, we want to believe. And recently a lot of people were tuning into various programs or various news interviews, even congressional testimony about the nature of UFOs, what we call UAP and the concept of disclosure. What disclosure argues is that world governments not only possess evidence of intelligent non human activity around Earth and in near Earth orbit, but they also are on the verge of revealing this to the public. Now. I don't know about you guys, but a lot of the folks I have contact with have started to encounter something we could call uapf or UAP fatigue, because it's always almost about to go public, right.
Speaker 5: Or you know, when they did drop some info about it recently, it was all a little bit underwhelming, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you can't. Nobody is willing to go forward and do the thing that would considered illegal and that is to share the super classified, top secret documents.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have come forward, include David Crush, a lot of people who gave to testimony and they gave a lot of information to Congress right under oath. They they talked about things, but they would not or could not go into detail in a public setting, which is just like, yeah, makes sense, but it's disheartening. I guess for anybody who is not in that room right, who isn't going to get to have some kind of special session that's closed off with those guys to talk about that stuff if they have the proper clearance. So it's just you know, I get it. I understand the fatigue of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think one great way to put it, folks, is it feels surreal and it feels like a heck of a wamp womp moment to have these experts with bona fides out the wazoo go straight to Congress the halls of power and say, I swear that I can't really tell you about this. That's exactly what happens, and that's why so many people are going, you know, look up there in the sky. Is it a bird?
Speaker 4: Is it a playing?
Speaker 3: Is it a secret government plot to hide the true story of UFOs. We know right now as we're recording on January twenty sixth, that there have been no official institutional admissions of alien activity, but more and more experts as well as politicians are talking about it openly. And this episode owes a lot of inspiration to a documentary we all checked out more than once called The Age of Disclosure. You're doubtlessly familiar with it if you check out shows like ours, and we do recommend you check it out. But there's something hidden in there which is even more interesting than the typical talk of UFO disclosure. It's something called the Legacy Program.
Speaker 5: The Legacy Program.
Speaker 2: And I know when we watched it, we thought, is it possible that that thing is real?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Could that be the thing?
Speaker 5: Another innocuous name that that that portends some shady business?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And the reason I brought up that X Files episode is because there is a specific organization that somehow in the nineties those folks were thinking about or talking about, that appears to be talked about in this documentary as though it's an actual facts thing.
Speaker 5: Matt, could you remind me, I don't remember the one the plot of the X Files episode just in broad strokes, because I do want to go check it out.
Speaker 2: The Jose Chung one is a very silly one that's told from a bunch of different perspectives about a UFO sighting. I specifically watched it because I wanted to get my Jesse Ventura on for this episode, and then he features heavily as a men in black that episode.
Speaker 3: Tracks Yeah, yeah, yeah, and so we see again, we see that interesting blend of fiction and fact which happens all the time in this sort of.
Speaker 4: Milieu of conversation.
Speaker 3: But I was also left with that question after Age of Disclosure, because it called back to so much research we had done previously, and I, like so many other people across the planet, was going, what is this legacy program? Does it actually exist? And if so, can we prove that existence? We'll be back afterword from our sponsors. Here are the facts. Let's start with the Age of Disclosure. How would we describe it? I mean, it's a documentary created by Dan Farrah and it's narrated by none other than Louise Elizondo, who we all remember.
Speaker 5: Hugely large looming figure in these types of conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Luis is all over the inner if you look up the UAP phenomena, and that is because of you know, a tip. The party played an a tip and you know, he and a bunch of other people who actually looked into this stuff. Thanks Harry Reid for making that happen. I suppose the thing the standout part of this documentary is the number of human beings that it interviews, in high profile interviews of folks that a lot of times don't talk about this, some people who talk about all the time and that's all they talk about, and then others that, you know, especially with Marco Rubio, you go, huh, yeah, you're saying, what.
Speaker 3: Marco, Marco, what else was on your schedule for today, Little Marco. That's one of the things I was thinking, Yeah, And I think it's fair to compare this somewhat to a mixtape with a strong thematic spine with a narrative, because Age of Disclosure compiles tons and tons of interviews with ufologists. Right as we were saying, people who dedicate their life to this, as well as former and current government officials, politic titians, members of the military and intelligence community. We've mentioned a lot of these folks. Previously we went in depth to the testimony of folks like the former US Department of Defense Intel officer David Grush. You can check that out in full if you visit our catalog wherever you find your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: It's oh, just mentioning Grush. High Strange Season two is about to come out. That's Payne Lindsay's show, and David Grush is extensively a part of that season and he's got more to say, so you know, we'll have to kind of just wait, but it's very interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: Nice congrats, Pain, And we know that in age of Disclosure, the people interviewed, they range across political ideologies and you know, lines of belief in areas of expertise. But the thing they have in common is they all seem to genuinely believe alien intelligence doesn't just exist, but has visited our little cosmic suburb of Earth. I guess we should point out that some of the individuals interviewed might be considered you know, fringe or controversial. Right, let's just get in front of that one, because there are a lot of mainstream scientists who.
Speaker 4: Immediately dismiss this stuff as bubble.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, according to Lisa Simpson in the Simpsons X Files crossover episode, I mentioned the chances of being contacted by an alien life form of any kind are in the you know, one to millions in terms of the odds, And I'm sure he's referencing some of the practical data of the time.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. Well, if you look to the writing of somebody like Michael Shermer, who writes for her Skeptic magazine, he points out Luis Alizondo as somebody that we need to be skeptical of, which is really interesting because this that guy, he's been at the center of this a TIP and UAP movement actually with regards to Congress since the jump, really and he's been he's been talking about it publicly a lot. But then somehow people always call in to question his actual involvement at a TIP and he has position there, and there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of infighting in the community itself, you know, like there are a lot of people like Grush will say that there are people participating in cover ups or that they are purporting to be part of a disclosure movement while actually managing access to it or attempting to control and suppress genuine information so even in these circles, not all of these folks trust each other one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: But then we have to decide who we trust. Because the official word out of the Pentagon from Christopher Sherwood. This is a quote from him, as quote by Michael Shermer quote, mister Elizondo had no responsibilities with regard to the A tip program. So we have to decide, is that the Pentagon put out, you know, an official story that's cover for something, or to you know, discredit mister Elizondo. I mean, we know that that's a thing that happens.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, disavowing knowledge of activities, right, it's relabsolutely. We've got another quote here that I think differentiates Age of Disclosure from a lot of other documentaries in that same field because the director says he sought only to interview people who have direct knowledge of the government programs in questions. So he's not talking to people who heard something third hand. He's not talking to someone who just wants to sell a book and has some logical ideas. These are people who, yeah, as far as Dan is concerned, are in the trenches. That's also a note you can find in the Skeptic article that you're referencing there, Matt and and lo and behold, this approach met with phenomenal success. Only thirty percent going to Rotten Tomatoes. Because we're film nerds. Only thirty percent of critics seem to really dig it, But the popcorn meter gives it a ninety three percent approval rating. That means the general audience said, whatever, critics, you're stuck up, We love this thing.
Speaker 4: More aliads please.
Speaker 2: That's crazy that it's that low and rot tomatoes. I never would have expected that after watching it.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, though, I mean, it's always super fascinating when the critics score and audience score are completely, like, diametrically opposed in one direction or another. A lot of times you'll have a movie that is blown out of the water in terms of like critical response and then has an absolutely, you know, abysmal audience score.
Speaker 3: So critics' Darlene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Usually if there's a mismatch like that, it's probably worth checking out for one reason or another.
Speaker 3: That's a great point, Noil, I haven't seen something this divisive between critics and audience since the legendary Police Academy four. Oh gosh, you check that out as well. It's a spiritual predecessor to Age of Disclosure if you really think about it.
Speaker 5: Critics love that audience is now I have a feeling direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: They're making the same remarks of I'm just looking at a couple of these men, the same remarks that we talked about at the top, where it's what's happening in Congress, it's what's happening on your social media feeds and all these posts and books and everything, a lot of really cool, unprovable stuff.
Speaker 4: And that is the kicker. You're going to hear us mention that.
Speaker 3: A couple of times, folks, because we cannot overemphasize at no point in the entirety of this documentary does Age of Disclosure present any hard physical evidence. There's nothing provided for the audience. We mean, there are tons of statements there. There's plenty of video footage, and a lot of it is older stuff you've seen before, like tic TAC videos. There in depth interviews with people who have heard hell as we would say in Tennessee, of are programs in secrets. But nobody takes the director or Louise on a UFO joy ride. Nobody is holding up a piece of let me see, nobody's holding up a piece of physical stuff or anxiety materials.
Speaker 2: This is just get that light.
Speaker 5: And that makes sense that you have critics kind of you know, dumping on this, because that is not something that usually bodes well for critical response if a documentary does not present good sources or they don't have some sort of like basis. In fact, I think that often, you know, is a ding towards a film for critics.
Speaker 2: Agreed, But have we learned nothing from agents Molder and Scully guys, We've learned.
Speaker 3: Those crews.
Speaker 2: Those crews always come in afterwards and clean up all the evidence. That's why there's no evidence to hold up into show. They've got they've got crews of people. The smoking man's in the court, or the cancer man he's over there. He's getting all kinds of different organizations to make sure we never see anything, we can never prove.
Speaker 5: Anything, right.
Speaker 3: This is what we were talking about off air. There's a weird rhetorical trap that occurs in this kind of stuff and also just something that grinds my gears a little bit, even as a kid watching X Files when they had the cleaner scenes and the cover up scenes The smoking man is not named. Ironically, he is always smoking cigarettes, and cigarettes have a very distinct, very durable smell. So if he is on the scene of a cleanup, eventually somebody's going to say, who keeps smoking this whole time? What does it always smell like tobacco? Whatever? We can't find a body.
Speaker 5: Also, I mean not named for nothing that you know. His job was to throw up smoke screens the States the truth clown people's views of true events.
Speaker 2: He's also symbolically a ca answer right yeah, inside the government that is trying to stop He's trying to grow whatever. What is he trying to grow? Well, we won't spoil xols for you.
Speaker 3: It's so long. Chris Carter would be so mad. He works so hard on it.
Speaker 4: Guys, just check it out.
Speaker 5: I'm more of a Monster of the Week kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Also symbolically, you know, he represents a father big brother esque or Wellian figure. Anyway, when you're watching Age of Disclosure, another thing that stood out to us is no one introduces a known extraterrestrial for a chat. No extra terrestrial does not show up for an interview. Now are some of the people being interviewed secretly aliens will tell you when they email uspat but for now they all seem to be human presenting.
Speaker 5: Speaking of whether or not someone is secretly an alien, I highly recommend everyone go out immediately and check out Bogonia. The Yorgos Lanthemos movie amounts a group of canspiracy nuts that abduct a CEO of a chemical company or a pharmaceutical company because they believe her to be an alien. And it's fascinating and very in line with a lot of the thought experiments we talk about here on this show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I would say, guys, I want to see I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: No, it's great.
Speaker 2: I would say. The feeling you get as an experiencer of this documentary is that those alien bodies are right around the corner, right. You get the feeling that there is definitely something in a vault somewhere. These guys were talking to in the documentary just can't access it because it's impossible, But you something in you knows. Oh, there are multiple bodies somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's old school Hitchcock rules of film. Right. The monster is just outside of the frame, just in the corner, but it's there. It's there and you better straighten up and fly right. Okay, no more Mora leys for you. But there's also the talk of non human biologics, a very interesting term. But you'll never see somebody hold up a jar and say, yeah, you know, and they gave all of us one of these, you know, when you retire from the secret government program, and I.
Speaker 5: Want to know. I mean, one thing that was I think featured pretty heavily in the X Files movie was the idea of alien technology that far outpaces anything that we as consumers, as regular old you know Jo's and Jans know about in terms of what's available to the public or even to the government. And a lot of the u UAP sightings often get attributed to tests of this kind of secret technology, whether it be alien or just stuff that the government doesn't want us to know about yet. So why don't we have any of those bits of evidence. You'd think something would have come to lights Oh certain point.
Speaker 3: I love that point, because the argument is it's slowly trickling out stuff like Velcrow and man.
Speaker 5: Is that the height of a human ingenuity?
Speaker 3: That's the height that's good, that's the aliens weren't ever actually crashing They were landing and telling people repeatedly that they were excited about Velcrow.
Speaker 5: It just makes such a satisfying rip, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Actually it was kind of an MLM scheme, and that's why Uncle Sam is covering it up because we fell for it. Hook and Technology. They sorry, they fell for it. We're not the We're not the big weed on that one.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other big concept that exists out there in the UAP a verse, which is currently experiencing fatigue, as we've said, is that these stories about secret craft and reverse engineering and all that stuff is the cover, right, Yeah, that is the cover for the actual government stuff.
Speaker 5: That's an alternate narrative. It's a little easier to stomach.
Speaker 3: Is that kind of as old as time? And we know that's historically true, that has been proven.
Speaker 4: Back in the day.
Speaker 3: The FBI and parts of the CIA totally loved the Little Green Men's stories because it helped you. It helped you explain away a stealth bomber, right, And it's the kind of info war that you couldn't you couldn't improve on.
Speaker 4: It's just perfect.
Speaker 3: It ticks all the boxes for shutting people up or dismissing what they as he said, Matt experience, and this is all culminating right in Age of Disclosure, which has great pacing. Objectively, it's a roller coaster, it's a thrill ride. But because of all these points we mentioned, critics from the world of film and science and even ufologists have a lot of gripes with the project. I mean, we can just cut past the mainstream science problems with that we all know about those, and shout out to all our scientists in the crowd, thank you for doing the hard work. One thing I thought was really interesting is that some film critics and some ufoll specially ufologists, the people who we imagine would champion this documentary, Some of them are saying, look, this is just all stuff that's been remarked upon and presented plenty of times in the past. It just looks new because as a higher than average production value, it might be new information to the casual viewer. They're saying, but anyone who is lightly familiar with the world of UFOs has already heard this stuff. So that's one of the ufologists criticisms. They're saying, it's exciting, but it's not really news to us.
Speaker 5: Is this film getting mainstream attention. I guess I haven't really seen it. I mean, not that there would be a giant marketing campaign for any documentary these days, but is this getting an audience?
Speaker 3: I'm curious.
Speaker 2: There was a hype train for this thing, okay, oh yeah, and people are super excited for it.
Speaker 5: Because they thought it was going to reveal something new.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I think it has to do with what Ben's talking about there, the overall production value of the thing, the names that are meant and right in the in the trailers and teasers that came out, it just seemed it seemed like a legitimate UAP UFO documentary. And we know Jeremy Corbel, right, and Jeremy Corbell makes really high quality films. When he's talking about these things, this is even and it's no offense to you, Jeremy, if you're if you're watching this, but it is this is on another level. This is like a Hollywood film, but it's also a documentary about UAP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like shown in theaters level, you know what I mean. And I think it's fair to say that we all thoroughly enjoy this documentary. It just scratches us behind the ears. It's that nerdy conspiracy umami that we all love.
Speaker 5: And yeah, have you seen the poster? It kind of rips off our book. Yeah, dude, look it up.
Speaker 3: Look it up real quick.
Speaker 2: No, that's cool, man, What.
Speaker 5: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 5: I mean rip off is strong, But I'm just saying there's not that like we created this this template or whatever. But I mean, our buddy Benson did a fine job and it is a very similar layout and color scheme and like the beaming down from the spaceship and the like art style of it. I don't know. I think they might have seen it.
Speaker 3: Well that's pretty flattering actually if they have. But also to be clear, we didn't invent the the UFO beam up.
Speaker 2: There's the book.
Speaker 5: I mean, it is a thing, y'all. It's pretty funny. It is like the same It even has the same building.
Speaker 2: Dude, do you think gosh, yeah, new copier.
Speaker 3: See y'all there, proper.
Speaker 4: I love discovering these things.
Speaker 3: And also, if you want to check out more of Nick's work, I think he's fine with us saying this. You can find him on Instagram. He also does a ton of stuff for one of our favorite hip hop outfits run the Jewels.
Speaker 5: And also like our book is still available in hardback, and if for no other reason then to get Nick's incredible art. It's like a coffee table book with these beautiful images that are Buddy Benson designs. Oh, that's one of my favorites. There's like a hold on, like a like a this guy right here we got made into some pretty cool kind of what do you call it, shiny metallic posters that I think we all have.
Speaker 4: Yea, I love it. Good job the eyeball man.
Speaker 3: And uh, he's he's got of our smoking man or our our conspiracy Clippy.
Speaker 4: As we go through that book.
Speaker 5: Clippy is already a conspiracy unto himself. Man, that guy's got his finger on the pulse or really was it was? Clippy has little hands, don't he.
Speaker 3: He's got an attitude, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I don't always care for his tone in my mom picturing him with like Mickey Mouse, like white gloved hands. But I don't think he has appendages that Clippy just big eyeballs.
Speaker 4: You know who's a real smoking man? Microsoft co pilot.
Speaker 3: I don't know that guy. You don't have to Microsoft co Pilot check out our AI episodes. Folks. Anyway, the king Man is this Skindy Will Pearson Google search him, you'll find him. Oh and just above their Connell Byrne dun Dun Dun. So Look, we're not going to relitigate that kind of stale back and forth about disclosure tonight. Instead, we want to explore that thing that really struck us like a bolt of lightning, like Colonel Kurtz says in Apocalypse, now a diamond bullet right in your forehead. The idea of the Legacy program or program for our brit friends, okay in a nutshell, for the idea is that for decades and decades and decades, the same people who can't for the life of them, get a lot of progress in the United States or get your taxes right, have somehow run above top secret compartmentalized projects or series of projects to retrieve crash UFOs. Not only do that, but to reverse engineer them in hopes of, like you said, no leveraging technology beyond the limits of human prowess. This is according to the true believers, operated by elements of the OSS and then the CIA, the US Air Force, the Department of Energy, a rogues gallery of private defense contractors, all of whom have allegedly retrieved crash vehicles and alien bodies. And sh, don't tell anybody, even though it takes thousands of us to do.
Speaker 4: This for generations.
Speaker 3: Sh Let's keep it a secret, because secrets are fun. It's a cosmically tall milkshake. It's an extraordinary claim.
Speaker 2: And how is all of that wrapped up in a new Cold war that, according to the creators of the documentary, is of more dire consequence than the nuclear energy and nuclear weapon battle that exists out there the Cold War?
Speaker 3: For those hmm, yeah, yeah, before we move on, you had a review of the film.
Speaker 5: Why this is a user review or like you know, one of the audience reviews in the Popcornometer, And I think this speaks to both sides of what we were talking about in its divisiveness. Maybe professional movie critics who don't know a thing about how bureaucracy operates are disappointed ET's Head wasn't trotted around on a spike. But for anyone else has studied or worked with the federal government, this movie is a revelation.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And the thing about a revelation is technically it has to be the realization of a greater truth, this cosmically tall milkshake, this idea of a new Cold War, which is very exciting to us for various personal reasons. This could be a revelation, but to be revelation, it also has to be factual. So our question that becomes, is there really a legacy program like we have described, and if so, how would we set about proving it. We're going to make our level best attempt afterword from our sponsors years where it gets crazy. All right, First things first, we got to say it. This to me and I think to all of us, this is one of the coolest parts of this exploration. It is true that empires retrieve non domestic technology whenever beat me here, Dylan, whenever they can. It's such an old thing, like cast your memory back to civilizations of yr. They were trying to learn more about their enemy's toys. Oh that's a long bow, let's steal it. If we survived this battle. What the hell is that a rebouchet? You know what I mean? They were always trying to find these weapons war and the United States is no different. We've been doing that since the late seventeen hundreds. There are multiple programs that study down crash captured craft of all sorts and types, planes and drones to satellites and especially submarines and identified spacecraft. I mean, it's like World War One stuff.
Speaker 2: I just like the concept of extra domestic weapons and technologies.
Speaker 3: That's one. Yeah. I had this story years ago where it's a short stories fiction as far as we know, where the entire reason for one of the invasions of a rock was to break into a museum and steal ancient technology. But the acquisition of technology is a huge driver of things like the Cold War, right, the race for the atomic bomb, for example, or the race for the meanest hypersonic missile, the old space race even yes, yeah, just so man. And so with that in mind, is it not logical for us to assume that if extra terrestrial craft are a thing, we would then use a similar process to learn as much as possible. So if a legacy program of this sort does exist, it's not a brand new thing. It's an extension of previous proven tactics. You know, it's something that it's a process that people would have been familiar with before. Because the US is pretty good at committing acts of extra what if we just say about killing, extra judicial killing, which is a terrible thing as we record now and throughout the past, but also extra national, extra national acquisitions. He goes way past taking possession of a Russian shadow fleet tanker. They're very good at it, so so much so that if spaceship did exist in one part of the world, Uncle Sham would be one of the top candidates to go in there.
Speaker 4: And take it.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, I can't wait till we get to the to the part euphemistically called unwarned access. Well.
Speaker 5: The term legacy is really interesting too. Is something you see in government programs and initiatives often to refer to things they've done in the past that maybe aren't necessarily great, but when you call them legacy, it gives it this sort of positive sort of spin, I guess, you know, like legacy nuclear waste cleanup and things like that. It refers to all of the byproducts of you know, the atomic bomb, the aforementioned atomic bomb that have to be dealt with and that really there was not necessarily a plan initially when all that stuff was produced in order to win that race that we were talking about, And now they call those legacy programs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a common nomenclature, and we'll see how that leads to confusion as well.
Speaker 2: And let's just remember it, guys, we're not the only players in the game, according to the documentary, and that gets into the Cold War aspect of it, right. Yeah, the US has these existing things that we know about because this is where we are, and we can read things thanks to a couple of you know, a couple acts that went through Congress where we can actually get privy to some of the things, some of the programs that have occurred in the past and how they function, But we don't have any insight into let's say, Russian programs or Chinese programs that the Age of Disclosure alleges these countries have very similar, if not kind of the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as we expand the scope, we'll see more and more about that. It reminds me of a point that it feels always necessary to bring up when we talk about MK Ultra or creepy experiments into psychic powers, right and precognitive abilities. There was there were entirely separate programs in the other Big Three that were doing the same thing. It's something we return to again and again. And speaking of return, who got a return to this legacy thing? You raise such a great point, nol. We always know that innocuous, boring names are a weapon themselves. We know that bureaucracy creates and imposes its own relatively arbitrary rules and then holds onto those rules even when they're not useful any longer. And one of those is naming stuff legacy. So if you hie thee to your favorite Internet forum or platform, and you look back for years far before the release of the Age of Disclosure, you'll see people talking about something called the legacy program. You'll see people further claiming hand on Kuran or hand on the Bible that they have discovered proof of the Department of Defense's legacy program. And get this, fellow conspiracy realist, they're not blowing rainbows. There is a legacy resource management program in the Department of Defense. But it's a big disappointment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, another wamp wamp. Sadly, it has nothing to do with aliens. It has to do with funding initiatives to protect natural and cultural resources that are found on military bases and installations.
Speaker 4: It's important, it's a thing.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's it's definitely something that helps, you know, encourage military readiness and promote military readiness while also contending with perhaps some of the environmental risks and issues that could come with some of these construction projects. Though I you know, I mean not to pooh poo it or anything. I tend to believe that they favor the installations over the conservation.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it covered me, guys, right, Yeah, sorry, native people of this sovereign land. Nobody can come in here, not because we're doing experiments, but because we're cleaning the creek for fifteen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reason why the entrance to Area fifty one is, oh, I don't know how many miles away from the actual facility. It's a conservation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh gosh, And don't go, guys, don't go. They will shoot you. I know a couple of people who got bird dog hard just for driving by and.
Speaker 4: They didn't remember they had.
Speaker 3: Past the sign.
Speaker 5: They had that big old event, right, And our buddy Jordan Runtogg went. I think he did a right up about it for People magazine, and I don't think he was shot at. But maybe you know, safety and numbers that message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because there were so many people and was telegraphed so far in advance. I'm talking about actually a friend of the show in particular, who got out to the sign that says go go further, you will be shot. And even after even just getting within sight of the sign, then military vehicles came out of nowhere and.
Speaker 5: Chase them off like bumper to bumper.
Speaker 4: It got harry.
Speaker 3: So don't happen around X files.
Speaker 4: Yes, in multiple episodes.
Speaker 2: Just just for me, can we define bird dog I just don't know what it means.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, chicken hawk bird. You know, they got eyes on you. They're coming hot and heavy.
Speaker 3: But I'm still learning English, guys, forgive me in this use in my head, bird dogging is like in a card chase where somebody is on your tuckis following you aggressively, right in a hostile manner. So we've actually I should have said this before because I've been using it in a couple of episodes.
Speaker 4: In the past.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that, but yeah, that's what it means. So we also know that the Department of Energy and the CIA get a little bit more interesting, uh, when we're talking about stuff that could be legacy programm esque. Also another badger in the bag here. This is kind of the rhetorical we were talking about at the top. There's been no institutional confirmation of any alien craft retrieval program. As a matter of fact, sometimes the US government doesn't even admit when they retrieve non domestic mundane technology because they don't want to play their hand right looking at you nuclear subs and.
Speaker 5: Just just for a flip perspective, since we are talking a lot about this film, I mentioned an audience review. Here is a critic review that addresses what you just mentioned. Ben from Daniel Flemberg at the Hollywood Reporter. My problem with the age of disclosure isn't the lack of opposing voices. It's that there couldn't be experts debunking anything.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: Nothing is proven and thus nothing can be refuted.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, hold of one. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. This is why there's been no institutional confirmation. Though for the true believers to jump back on the other side, I.
Speaker 5: See, that would be a justification. Of course, there isn't because by design there isn't, you know.
Speaker 3: Right well, they would also that admission or confirmation would also inherently require official institutional confirmation that extraterrestrials exist at a visited Earth, so they.
Speaker 5: They're just not going to do they wouldn't do they wouldn't do it. That's not it's not in the best interest of the government, so be transparent to its citizenry when it comes to stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Is this where we bring in the Executive Order one two, three, five six of the Atomic Energy Act of nineteen fifty four that brought us these glorious things called special access programs, These things that are so compartmentalized within a governmental organization, not only a handful of people potentially even know about them.
Speaker 5: They're talking about firewalled stuff like like literally wheels within wheels of people who have access to the siloed information.
Speaker 3: Right, stuff you have to be read on, is what we call.
Speaker 2: It, to the point where the government itself likely doesn't know or in many cases, especially the government that has you know, people who get elect did to it that they have no idea about.
Speaker 5: And that's the smoking man of it all. That's what that character represents, is that the degree of insulation from even the actual powers that be, there are these operations within the greater government that even the greater government is not aware of and that's by design too, but it's also inherently like dangerous and flawed. I'm not saying that what the X files is positing is true, but I think that's what they're trying to represent, that these types of things likely do exist.
Speaker 3: And we do see a lot of what we do see is the opposite of official confirmation or coquettish implication. Instead, we have a lot of stark denials. I'm thinking in particular of the twenty twenty four report from ARROW, the All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office, which is a pretty cool job if you can get it. They dove deep into the files that they were they're part of the system, was allowed to see, and they said there's no evidence of anything like a legacy program, definitely not a singular legacy program, but also nothing remotely like it. They said that people have either accidentally or willfully confused the alien legacy with projects that have similar names, or they've fallen into something very dangerous, which we call circular reporting. That's when one person makes an unproven claim, like Tennessee says, that's Dylan the Tennessee pel Fagan, our producer. By the way, Yes, yep, we're introduced at the top of every show. Tennessee says, yeah, Dylan Tennessee, pel Fagan says, it is confirmed that the fast food chain Pals is now making case idellas Dylan has no proof, but somebody else reads that and they quote what he said, and then later people quote the person who quoted Tennessee, and then the original source might update and say, oh, update, I have confirmed this is true because I read this quote in another even though that source was quoting me. This happens all the time in the echo chamber of the internet.
Speaker 5: Well, and also, I mean now that, like whatever major news outlets are having to play in the same ecosystem as the Internet, you get a lot of knee jerk bits of reporting from them as well, you know, not naming names specifically, but it certainly happens. And it's a lot harder to retract something after a splashy headline than it is to report something correctly in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the initial breathless claim. That's the headline that's on the sixty one. The retraction is next week on page thirty two b below the fold back. When people read newspapers, we know that the mainstream public in the United States largely agrees with this official explanation. Pew Research polls will show us that fifty one percent of the US public believes that UFOs reported by people in the military are likely evidence of intelligent life outside of Earth, but they're not worried about it because the same people in polls, eighty seven percent of them will say UFOs are not a threat at all. So people will tend to the public will tend to believe in UFOs with an extra terrestrial origin story, but they also tend to not be worried about them.
Speaker 2: Man, what is happening upside me? We're not afraid of AI uprisings anymore, We're not afraid of UAP, and a who's not who's not afraid of AI.
Speaker 5: We're all like, yay AI, give me that breaks me out beyond anything. No, no living times for sure. But you're right about the alien fatigue or the UAP fatigue. It certainly does not seem to be front of mind anymore, and in the way that it has been in the past.
Speaker 3: I remember when some big disclosure news came out amid the high of the COVID pandemic and everybody just sort of shrugged and said, Okay, I mean cool, I got I got a lot going on.
Speaker 4: What's up with toilet paper prices?
Speaker 5: But again, a lot of the stuff that came out was just a nothing burgers as people want to say. I do wonder. There's a big old blockbuster coming out later this year from Steven Spielberg called Disclosure Day. I saw the trailer for it last week and it looks good, looks very you know, like him his return to form in terms of like some of his alien type films like ET and what is it Close Encounters of course, of course, of course I do wonder if that will be zeitgeist enough to get people thinking about this stuff again.
Speaker 3: But we'll see, oh, one hundred percent. I'd also I'd like to go ahead and tease a show that Dylan and I are quite excited about the hits on the Nexus of Film and Disclosure and UFOs. It's called Sound, Light and Frequency, and it's heading to you very soon. We'll be talked talking more about it in the future. But we are as pleased as NASA when astronauts landed on the Moon.
Speaker 4: To tell you more about that in the coming days.
Speaker 5: Sure they did. Now that's awesome. That I'm excited about this show, Dylan.
Speaker 3: You know what, why don't you do the odders here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a show that's the intersection of Hollywood UFOs and disclosure. Sounds incredible.
Speaker 3: So a lot of folks logically find it tough to believe a vast program is not just monitoring alien life, but capturing alien life and craft and functioning in secrecy. But this is the rhetorical trap I was teasing at the top. The true believers and those who appear to be in the know say the secrecy is more than successful because of the compartmentalization. This is information that is firewalled off such that Congress doesn't really know about it, the Secretary of Defense doesn't really know about it. The President of the United States from either political party doesn't know about it. And this is why Alessando is so interesting to us, because he has repeatedly stated that he had a big problem with this compartmentalization, that he made a moral choice to resign rather than continue this charade upon the American public. And then a lot of other people who also seem to be in the know, folks like James Clapper, they disagree with the idea that aliens are not harmful. They say that any unidentified aerial phenomena doesn't need to be extraterrestrial to be a threat. They're national security guys. Clapper is a big deal. He served in the Air Force between sixty three and ninety five. In Age of Disclosure, where he is interviewed, he talks about tracking anomalous activities that couldn't be explained, especially around Area fifty one or Groom Lake. It sounds a lot like the Legacy program. He also goes into the private defense industry later. I don't know, man, it seems it seems paranoid, but it also makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Clappering, the official military folks that are in the documentary are extremely concerned with America's nuclear readiness and some of the silos that are out there in the Midwest, and how you know, there are these alleged incidents where unknown lights craft things in the sky caused a bunch of the nukes to go offline. And then you know, that's stated to you plainly as though it's full, full on fact in the documentary, and that is something that is that's something we've heard about for years, right, there have been rumors about that kind of thing, But you don't have a piece of paper or a video or anything like that that proves that that ever occurred. But if you've got somebody like a James Clapper saying that it happened, then it seems like maybe it happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was He's also the former Director of National Intelligence. And this is something I think we need to be very clear about for anybody who's unfamiliar with this genre of government official. This cold war hawk not a stereotype but a trope. These guys could not give less of a dang whether or not aliens are involved. Their focus is on what is a threat to national security? Anything that violates sovereign airspace could endanger aviation, which makes it a threat to the country. So this how far they go with it. If the government of China had literal dragons like smau in Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, if they had dragons like the Valerians or something, or if Russia had I don't know, ginormous war geese, nuclear armed war geese just haul again through this right.
Speaker 5: That's my nightmare.
Speaker 3: What if that happened?
Speaker 2: The cockroaches that were actually like full on robots, but the size of cockroaches.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we're getting there.
Speaker 3: Those that third example that's real though, the cockbots. Uh, and that's that's what they're called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't believe you, but I also totally believe you.
Speaker 2: Also X Files episode.
Speaker 3: So this is the issue though. We're saying that this documentary of course focuses on the extra terrestrial question, but some of the folks interviewed or talking just in terms of national security, drones and weather balloons can also fall into this category of compromising airspace, as we saw a few years back.
Speaker 5: Any bogies bogeys of any I love the word bogies.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't look at you? You a little bogie. I've been just a little shoot you down? Yeah, you a little bogey fighting those foods. Anyway, again and again, even before this documentary published last year, we see repeated allegations that this or some sort of retrieval program like it exists. So maybe, just as a thought experiment, why don't we assume, just for funzies, that the legacy program is real. Maybe walk through a purported timeline and a little bit of how stuff works.
Speaker 5: We love how stuff works, and a thought experiment how stuff could works. Indeed, be right back.
Speaker 3: A legacy timeline, a bit of how stuff works in our thought experiment. The story begins not in the United States but in Italy way back in nineteen thirty three, per David Grush and a couple of other folks. This is when a bell shaped object was recovered and it was placed under a media blackout, and then later the OSS is the short predecessor of the CIA. They obtained this object, they found it amid the chaos of World War II, and at the close of the war they spirited it away hashtagnugibli to the States. And this is to people like Rush. This is illustrative of later operations, tactical patterns, blackout, local recovery, diplomatic parkour, and then transfer to US custody, all in secret and do do Do do dooo. Please check out our series on the OSS. It is an amazing story and it is so crazy. The stuff they pulled in.
Speaker 5: Is the Office of Strategic Services, which was like a wartime intelligence agency that was sort of the precursor to the CIA, like you mentioned, Ben.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, sir, they're wild boys.
Speaker 2: So we're thinking here that nineteen thirty three, whatever this thing is, it crashes out there. Right then during all of the build up I guess to World War two, like in between thirty three and then thirty nine, which is, you know, officially whatever. The start of World War Two, it was secreted away by let's say the Italian government, and then it's hidden and then the OSS gets a hold of it during World War two, and there's actual battles and everything occurring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, during the chaos of World War Two. The sometime during the actual war, the OSS grabs this and at the close of the war is when they get it over the pollen to the U States.
Speaker 2: So it was like discovered and then then as the secret mission or whatever it is to actually extract it occurs.
Speaker 3: That's good, yeah, and it sets this precedent, and from there the US approach to recovering this anomalous stuff becomes kind of formulaic. It's sort of procedural. Right now, it's just a technical problem. It's just a matter of the logistics. People aren't necessarily super duper excited. There's probably some guide in office rolling his eyes and going ugh, now, I need like seven fake passports to keep him.
Speaker 5: In my case, with my loose diamonds.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, which would be great. That would that would work?
Speaker 4: Actually, that's where I know you from.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do we know the.
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: I guess we can't. It's in other things that we can't prove. I'm thinking about the history of the Groom Lake facilities there Mount Nevada, and you know, officially on paper if you look up things online, it's not established until the nineteen fifties. But I do wonder in the contiguous United States, where would you bring that craft? Right? Let's just theoretically, if if you got that craft from Italy, where do you take it?
Speaker 5: And how do you transport it like without being noticed as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Cargo ship? Wow? I see? Or how big is it too? That's the only thing we need to know, the dementia, because would it be a combination of flying it out somewhere which is way faster than just popping it on a train convoy or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is cool. I love this stuff, you guys know me. I have a sucker for this stuff. Deep government secrets, ancient or aliad relics. Sign us up.
Speaker 2: What is the giant military plane that's used commonly for like cargo is that right? No, I think it is Sea one thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sea one thirty now, and are you talking about like back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to imagine what would be the large enough aircraft, right because I can't just can't stop thinking about this, man, the actual things that you the stuff you would use at that time, and then what would the decision be. And in that moment, let's say we all discovered a craft, right, just the four of us.
Speaker 3: Oh, hey guys walking around, five of the five of us, because you're here too, So, hey, guys, we found a craft. Hey guys, look AT's a craft. What do we do with it?
Speaker 2: Well, don't mean really, and you would use everything you have on hand because it would be an emergency, right right, like you can't Okay, well, we need to develop something that's gonna be big enough to transfer this. You just use what you got, which is I think the most interesting part of this because as we're going back through and imagining this, if the Legacy program is real, there's gonna be stuff if it is real, if it was real, there's stuff that we saw or maybe was reported on. There was a part of this thing that you know has a completely innocuous version of it that we all somehow know, oh.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. Yeah, I think about that all the time when because our fair metropolis of Atlanta, Georgia is a city where aviation and train lines took the role that was historically filled by waterways and rivers and coast so it's very common for us to see things like military equipment passing by on a train line through the city. Here's what strikes me. We hope you enjoy this, two folks. If you're ever stopped and you're watching a train go by, just start thinking about what might be in those cargo containers every time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when will it end?
Speaker 3: Train?
Speaker 5: So you can, you know, go on your merrywag.
Speaker 2: Ye dude is for real speaking of and don't want to get to polycharged right now, guys. But did anyone see the posts about the large shipments of ice trucks on the way Not for the ice storm?
Speaker 5: No, No, they're like in those types of vehicles that you see carrying like, you know, cars to be sold or whatever, stats trailer things. Yeah. I saw some posts that people had, you know, made videos from their cars.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I hope I make it back to the states man.
Speaker 5: We hope you do too bad. Yeah, please come back. It's great over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love it so we We also know the film mentions Halloman Air Force Space the incident there in nineteen seventy one. This stands out because it purportedly involves non human intelligent beings interacting with personnel from the CIA and the US Air Force. Like they came up and they said, what's good, you guys. We've got an exciting new thing we call velcrow. You gotta check it out. And man, they said, and they said, well to us, you're the aliens tots.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, mind blown galaxy brain. There's no chance that they would just be instantly able to just like kick it like that.
Speaker 3: They were that chill.
Speaker 5: I saw Independence Day.
Speaker 2: We've talked about it before with movies like Arrival of a Thought experiment like the Language of It.
Speaker 6: No possible way, yeah, right, unless there's just something that we don't understand about where in time space from perspective to mension these visitors came from right, and if they are of in some way that we just don't understand right now, they.
Speaker 2: Could communicate maybe right or get you to understand.
Speaker 5: There could be technology involved. I suppose, right, like in the dolphins.
Speaker 3: Something that can make a look squence exactly if the humans have figured out how to give dolphins LSD and how to make Google Translate apps, obviously hopefully the aliens are way better. There would also be well, we'll see, we're being anthrocentric here, because this could be something that is so incomprehensible, this culture, this organism, this communicative priority or medium, that there could be no real way to efficiently communicate past a very basic level.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's it's a problem that's fascinating. I love the way Rival tackles it. Please read the original short story, and I love the I love the concept too that tried so or not to just do dumb alien improv riffs. But I love the concept that it's a very real dangerous concept that humans could accidentally innocuously do something of great offense or something that is seen as posing a danger. Oh yeah, you know, like what if hydrogen sulfide or any of the other of those fart gases. What if those are absolute anathema and poison to aliens and somebody is stressed out understandably when they meet the aliens.
Speaker 4: They're like, hey, guys, what's up. We're sick. Aliens want to hang out. Have you guys heard of Velcrow?
Speaker 3: And this one guy goes, oh no, And then two aliens die and now we're in our first innergalactic.
Speaker 5: War die or are incredibly offended, as they should be because that's gross. And then just you know, pull the nuke lever and we all, you know, poof, And that was our story.
Speaker 3: Also, one of the assumptions that a lot of Hollywood film makes, and a lot of sci fi too, is the assumption that extraterrestrials visiting are their civilization's equivalent of a crack team of experts. There is no proof that we're getting visited by the top brass, you know what I mean? Yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 5: There's the Aquatine episode Okatane Hunger Forces, where it's these like kind of stoner aliens whose dad owns a dealership and they're like, you know, uh oh wit no. It's also ignig Knock and err who are completely you know, unqualified to be you know, making first contact. So I love that version of events. Ben, I think that's entirely likely. These were just like folks that's intergalactically stumbled upon us and didn't really.
Speaker 3: Have a plare we go? They took a wrong turn at serious beat. That's a Dogon reference, folks.
Speaker 2: Oh snow, I don't know what that is. Do Petrie who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who allegedly had advanced knowledge of serious A and B before the dawn of modern astronomy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you were talking about Dagon, the HP Lovecraft adaptation also great, very well, you know, problematic but great writer. Some made some banger stories for sureoted for our.
Speaker 4: Interview with Dagon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, not talking about Lovecraft.
Speaker 5: Are you talking about Dagon the Infernal One?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: He is good. Hang good? Hang that guy, good good?
Speaker 3: Hang Love's yacht rock?
Speaker 2: Oh man. So when we're talking about the non human biologics of all of this stuff that you know, folks have stated in Congress, and we're talking about right here Holloman Air Force Base nineteen seventy one potentially beings, right, biological beings of some sort, it makes me think of our explorations in all kinds of topics, like Project Bluebeam, talking about a AI in the past, talking about space exploration and the limits of the limits of biological entities. Sure, it just makes me wonder why in the heck you would make that decision, no matter where you're from, no matter what technology level you're at, Why would you send a biological entity down to greet the people rather than some kind of pro that can communicate whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but then that that's a great question. It also goes back to not just ideas of physical personal safety, right, which the same reason we send unmanned stuff deep into the ocean, but it also goes to the idea of a culture that humans simply don't know about, so it may be incredibly important, indeed sacrisynct to their diplomatic process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to slarg the girth, kid, or it's not an official, you know, meeting of another species.
Speaker 5: Is that the same as drops them sklang scracks them.
Speaker 3: I never get it, right, is it? If your fami it is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, also, you know, it also presupposes that it's not your last idea, Ben, that they're just sort of like, you know, stoner alien wanderers that sort of just like found a way, you know, because their technology is good enough that they could just accidentally breathe Earth's atmosphere, or perhaps they're desperate and they don't have the technology, or they have to like brave you know, the atmosphere in order to make contact because they need help or something. I don't know, there's a million you're to cut it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that too. Know, we're we're the last gas station in the desert, it's cosmically speaking, so they've got to fuel up. You know what if they.
Speaker 2: Need hydrogen sulfide for fuel bin right right.
Speaker 3: I think of that same thing too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like for anybody who's ever been on a road trip, it's a formative experience for many of US Americans. I think we've all been in that situation where you got to go to the sketchy gas station, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Or that stretch where you've miscalculated slightly and now you really have no choice and you may well have to stop at the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, you know, filling station, because that's the only one for miles and miles and miles, and the alternative is to just like be dead in the water, as it were.
Speaker 3: I will never be able to listen to that Dwight Yoakam song the same way again. It Yeah, man, you know what, well, we know that all of the experts in age of disclosure are unable or unwilling to disclose exactly how many events like Roswell or the Italy episode or Holloman have occurred. They say it probably ranges in the double digits, especially during the height of the First Cold War. And they said a lot of times they retrieved craft remnants or what they call artifacts, or what they call exotic materials. But as you were saying, Matt, they also claim to have recovered non human biologics that's a term that gets thrown around a lot, or organic remains, some kind of you know, something like that, right, something quote unquote natural. And this is what drove the program, the Legacy program, to an even higher level of secrecy, which is hard. It's already a tall milkshake. As we said, essentially, they're same Finding netto non organic material is amazing, it's tikety boo. It's all well and good. But discovering organic material raises some deep legal and moral questions and then serious concerns about possible threats to public health. You know what I mean, because we know what happens historically on planet Earth when one culture intrudes upon another. They never come alone. They come with diseases, they come with pathogens, and the local population historically is not prepared for those. Yeah, space measles, spacepox, space pox, that's the there, it is, spacebox.
Speaker 2: But we're also not ready for the tech, right, which is another huge part of this documentary, the concept that along with these non human biologics, they've got very specific pieces of tech that have been reverse engineered to become things. In the documentary they say they don't specifically say what technologies, but we might infer I know, I did a little bit when it comes to what type of tech has been recovered. You think about your phone, You think about sure, certain networking capabilities that we have now, the speed and the size of some of the tech that we use now, stuff on the nanoscale, stuff when you know, when you're looking at modern technology and how quickly stuff has developed.
Speaker 3: Material science is another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can imagine that, or you can let yourself imagine, oh, some of this is probably alien.
Speaker 3: M oh, absolutely, especially when you consider it sound like such an old entity now, especially when you consider we can make a great case that human civilization is still not prepared for stuff like the radio or television.
Speaker 5: Well in terms of like our cognition or like God forbid, we even bring the Internet into the equation. Like it's just like it's almost unnatural the way we've become so in, you know, all in on some of this technology. It's almost like we were never really meant for it, and it has fundamentally changed the way our cognition works, not for the better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: The society has not evolved in step with technological innovation, and human beings have not physically evolved to process, to efficiently process, to deal with all the stuff that's happening. It's a very exciting time to be alive. Some of the scary stuff here that we're talking about is a real world concerned of global governments, especially the stories of things that exhibited what they're calling ionization effects. These might pose a danger to surrounding materials, like change the color of paint on vehicles affect humans, possibly radiating them and leading to cancer or leading to burns. We're going to get moored to that in part two of our series here, but we have to let you know, folks. One of the most believable parts of the story is the bureaucratic description that they boiled it down to grab a thing, get it to the nerds, analyze it, and give it to our specific folks like the Atomic Energy Commission, the CIA, the DOE. Because when we do that, they're getting bureaucratic cover. This indemnifies you from some of the legal stuff we mentioned earlier, like feuer request. It gets you out of or invisible from a regulatory audit. You don't have to tell the president. This alien is, you know, just for us, just as a treat for us. We know that defense contractors begin playing and easingly large role because they're private firms, they work differently. It's way easier to sneak stuff under the Skunk Works radar, right, and they already by this point post World War Two, they have a pretty well proven track record of being able to keep a secret, so they're vetted entities.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and Congress can't compel the folks over at Skunk Works right to disclose their information on their proprietary technology.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, sorry, trade secret. You guys wouldn't ask Coca Cola. So why are you picking on us? Which is terrifying, but that is kind of the logic and you're absolutely right there, Matt and we fast forward to two thousand and three, we see our good friends at the CIA, the Directorate of Science and Technology. They've created something called the Office of Global Access or UGA, like O Good anyway. UGA's job is to access what we call denied environments across the planet once a craft is detected. These guys again allegedly work with elite military outfits, you know, the real GYT guys, Delta and Seals and so on. They send them in to acquire whatever this thing is by hook or by crook, and that brings us to something that might not be familiar to everybody. Sack the Special Activities Center of the CIA, which I believe we've mentioned in a couple of different episodes over the years. This is the cinematic kind of special ops group of the CIA, directly descended from the paramilitary operations of the OSS. These are the guys who don't wear uniforms. These are the dudes and dodets who, if they are compromised, will be thrown to the Wolves and the wind Right. Their activities will be disavowed if they're caught. They're never anywhere official. Nothing they've ever done officially occurred. The euphemism for what these folks do in the Legacy program is unwarned access. That's a spooky one't folks of the government. Yeah right, they're like the uh they're the B and E guys on they're the breaking and entering guys on a much fancier level. They we were joking earlier about crafting dummy passports. These guys don't really need them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've ever been nervous about some black Hawk helicopters. It's these guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not officially, because nothing they do is official. Unwarned access is just so tar and spooky, man because that literally means that these guys will, at the direction of OGA. According to this story, these guys will just drop by. They don't knock, they don't send a text, they don't call, They just show up outside tran because a spaceship landed there. So okay, so we've got our process. Once the CIA and the military do their bit, any retrieved material goes to the contractors and their vaults for analysis. So this does two things. It gives us cover right bureaucratically, and then it also gives us some chances to start reverse engineering. And then at the same time, the Department of Energy has their own cabal of very intelligent nerds who get any anything that could be.
Speaker 4: Anything that could.
Speaker 3: Be associated with radioactive activity or unexplained emissions of energy, and they look at stuff that's also on you know, the weird end of the periodic table, the weird material science.
Speaker 2: So the Office of Global Access is a real thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is a real thing, and it.
Speaker 2: Is c I A. Huh, that's very strong. I mean it does that does seem like the actual collection arm you know that that would that could function if it was necessary for and an activity like this to collect a crashed vessel or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you uh, that's the thing, Matt. It's it feels sticky, right, guys, because we already are talking about such a covert secretive intelligence arm in the first place, right, we we found mentions of UGAT on a CIA dot gov themselves. And then for people who think this really is the thing or the key to the legacy program, they're going to say, of course, you can't learn much about it because it's secret. Right, So again there's that rhetorical trap, and I don't know, I'd like the question then becomes Okay, the only way for all of this to happen with so many people and still maintain opsec and secrecy would be for not everybody to know the entire process, right, Like you might be flying the plane that transports a thing, but you don't know the thing you're transporting. You just fly stuff. You're just Jason Statham the transporter, dude.
Speaker 2: Let's read quickly from THECIA dot gov website says, the Directorate of Science and Technology applies innovative scientific, engineering and technical solutions in support of our foreign intelligence mission. Let's see, it's going into confronting intelligence problems with effective targeting, bold technology, and superb tradecraft. Yeah, isn't it weird when when something like the CIA has so many sub organizations with such specific things that they do. Yeah, doesn't it make you think of special access programs?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm no, you're on base. It's a home run. It's the subprograms are necessary evil for sure, and not all of obviously, not all of them are related to aliens, and not all unworn access operations are related to aliens. Right, they might just go grab a cold Maduro. At some point, these things existed independently of UFOs, And I love that we're mentioning Science and Technology, because Age of Disclosure argues that if anybody knows the full picture, it would be the director of CIA Science and Tech. During the timeframe that Age of Disclosure discusses, this role was filled by someone named Dawn Marry X and the this person made no comment obviously, and no one's serting currently in the USAF, the CIA, the DOE, or any other associated agency has officially confirmed the acquisition of extraterrestrial craft or the stuff described in the film. True believers are convinced again that all these things, these objects are somewhere just off to the side outside of the frame, but skeptics argue this is a best a misunderstanding, at worst a cynical grift, and we have so so much more to get to. Guys. I'm excited that we we've made the call to create a two parter out of this.
Speaker 5: More than enough material we found to justify it, and I think we've Matt brought some really cool information that we're going to lead off with in the second episode.
Speaker 3: You want to tease some of that map.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, sure, this is just again kind of what we did in the In the second part of this episode, we're just gaming out right, what could be with what exists? What could be a part of this thing if it did exist? And we're just going to go down rabbit more rabbit holes like we did right here with the CIA Directorate of Science and Technology, which is I don't know, it's tricksy, it sure is weird.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's get in.
Speaker 3: I had so much of that stuff. Let's get it. If we're game, let's get into more of that in part two as well. Now, our ideal outcome vote and I can't believe I'm saying this, but hope springs Eternal. Our ideal outcome would be between the time we record chapter one of this series and the time we record chapter two of this series, world governments come out and confirmed that aliens are real, and an alien takes the podium and tells us you know, about what's going on with them, and hopefully they're chill.
Speaker 5: I would like, am I picturing Mars attacks? I don't know why that is where my mind goes immediately.
Speaker 3: I just love the idea, like what if before we get while we're still on the road, before we get to chapter two, we get confirmation that aliens are real? I say, we still do the episode just say the course, man, we worked so hard on it, you know.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what all the heads of these special access programs say. It's too late, We're already in too far critical mass boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they we'll get one of those. Weird. It'll be like when Wiki leaks had its heyday and the US government had to release this official statement telling all government employees, we know this is out there and you can read it, but guys, technically it is still classified, so just don't google it. Okay.
Speaker 2: When the alien just comes down and just says, gets out of the spaceship and says, do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Speaker 5: I bring you love, I bring you peace. Simpsons did it? Matt Simpsons did it?
Speaker 2: I was is this guy named Jesus?
Speaker 3: I would like him to land and say, uh, I would like, I'm still in love with very fart based alien civilization. So they go who onto others as you would have them who on to you and too far picturing No, this is never too fun. I pictured pictory world leaders going does this guy mean like literally literally have evidence?
Speaker 5: Do we have evidence of an international America incident caused by a fart? I would love to let us know about what. Nothing comes to mind, but it's they're certainly never too late.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, folks, could the same government that cannot figure out basic tax structure really be capable of spending trillions in absolute silence and hiding the biggest revelation in all of human history. Tune in for chapter two on the Legacy Program. In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts. So you can find us online. You can call us on the phone, and you can always send us an email.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: If for looking online, you will find us at either the handle conspiracy Stuff or a Conspiracy Stuff show. And I think Ben mentioned something about phone number.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have a number. It is one eight to three three STDWYTK. It's a voicemail system. Call it if you want to give us feedback. You'll be able to hear it on the audio version of this podcast. Find that wherever you listen to your favorite shows. If you want to send us an email, we are the.
Speaker 3: Entities that read each piece of correspondence we receive. Be well aware, yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back. And if you want your correspondence to stay classified, we've got your back. In the meantime, we'd love to hear your favorite alien encounter in film or fiction. Tell us how you think an alien encounter would go in Hollywood and in real life. Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.