Speaker 1: Hey, you found us.
Speaker 2: It's working Jeffrey in the Morning and our Second Date podcast. Not like is that hard to find these days since we're charting on the top comedy.
Speaker 1: Charts every week on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Yeah welcome. Yeah, I go every night and I just stream it on five thousand different laptops.
Speaker 1: You're the one that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, guys, but I'm tired of those ratings.
Speaker 4: All right, Hey, thanks for being Aaron.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We do have forty five more minutes of this painful show if you can endure it over on our main feed.
Speaker 1: Just go to Brook and Jeffrey for that one. But right now, let's get to what you came forward. That's a second date.
Speaker 3: Yes, second date update. We're gonna do a fun little experiment here.
Speaker 1: Oh that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Before you got together with your husband, Michael, think about the last couple guys before him that you dated. I need you to rate them based on their attractiveness. Just simply one to ten.
Speaker 2: The last two, Oh they're both well, no, okay, one of them changing in your head. I'd give one of them an eight, and then i'd give one of the other ones when he.
Speaker 4: Showered five showered unshowered, I go, ok, really greasy hair.
Speaker 3: Now, A recent study says, if you average out the numbers of your exes, that is what society deems your number is, so brooke, you would be a solid five.
Speaker 4: I don't actually argue that, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't think you would. It's like you are what you eat, you are who you've dated. One of our listeners may be dealing with a numbers crisis in his dating life. His name and I apologize if I pronounced this wrong. Is it thom t h O M.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's an hys.
Speaker 3: So according to your it says that before the date, you considered yourself to be a six, but afterwards you considered yourself a four. Now, oh, why why do you feel that way? Did you fall face down on an escalator? What's going on?
Speaker 5: No? No, I mean when I went out with her, I thought she was a six easily, but she's like not calling me back. So now I'm thinking I'm a four.
Speaker 3: You know you you can't lock down a six? Then? Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Just like put it out there that no woman, no matter where you actually think they stand, should ever be called anything but a seven or eight.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, at least not to their face. But she's not on the phone right now, so we're allowed to be honest.
Speaker 1: What do you think you failed?
Speaker 5: I have absolutely no idea. I mean, look, I didn't put in like a ton of effort.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was It's one big clue there.
Speaker 5: I don't know what her name is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what her name is? Do we put that Shefford in?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Tory?
Speaker 3: Is it Torri or is it Thory with an atre? It's just yeah, Okay, where did you meet Tory?
Speaker 5: Dating app? Which I normally it was? It was weird. Like I normally, I kind of aim higher. I'm going after seven to eight hear know, you gotta wait listen. I mean that was the thing I've been like kind of going after these sort of I guess aesthetically more beautiful women. But it wasn't really working. So I was kind of like, well, you know, I'll go out with this girl. She's probably six.
Speaker 3: I feel you broat.
Speaker 1: Do you always think of people on this rating scale?
Speaker 3: No? I mean, okay, all men think that way. Surprise flash. We think beautiful women are beautiful.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 2: That's different than rating every single person you meet.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's my question.
Speaker 3: Women do this. I know women rate guys.
Speaker 1: I don't rate people in my head, like yes, I find.
Speaker 2: Them attractive or not attractive for sure, but I don't play.
Speaker 3: He was one of your boyfriends, was the only one went? You don't wait people? Okay, I guess your word on that.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask them a question?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: I'm curious because it doesn't sound like you are attracted to this woman, and it doesn't sound like you're interested.
Speaker 1: Why are you calling us to getting in touch with her.
Speaker 5: I mean it's not as if I wasn't like unattracted to her. I mean we were definitely getting along. I guess you say, I.
Speaker 2: Guess people, you keep on he's being rejected and he hates it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like it's a want what you can't have things?
Speaker 3: That's true?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, look, we just went to like a dive bar. It wasn't like we did some big fancy dinner. I wasn't exactly willing to spend a lot of money on it. But if I don't know, if.
Speaker 3: She was a seven or eight, then you would have gone the extra.
Speaker 5: Mile and like paid extra probably would.
Speaker 3: Have Okay, I think that's for you.
Speaker 1: Were you nice to her when you were on the day I'm.
Speaker 3: Being serious about did you.
Speaker 5: Compliment her a little bit? I mean, if we hung out, I mean we laughed every once in a while. It was kind of cool. The one thing that was kind.
Speaker 3: Of strange, I guess after we had been.
Speaker 5: Drinking a little bit, like went to the bathroom and I came back and I was going to give her like a surprise hug, but she was she was sitting down on a bar stool, and I kind of like gave her a hug from behind, and it was almost like I got her in like a little head lug.
Speaker 3: You're standing up and she's sitting, so, yeah, isn't right. He didn't really put her in a.
Speaker 1: Head No, my husband's height.
Speaker 2: It's like whenever he hugs me from behind, it is literally like a chokehold.
Speaker 1: And I hate it. I hate it so much.
Speaker 3: Did you let go after thirty seconds? Consciousness?
Speaker 5: I gave her like a little new you know kind of thing like.
Speaker 1: Are you joking? No, that's a joke.
Speaker 5: No, it was just like stupid quick thing.
Speaker 3: That's a little friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would never call a bag.
Speaker 2: I don't care if he was a twenty on what other scale you're working on.
Speaker 4: And gave me a noogie.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you're a broad Brook, you're a five. You don't get to choose like that. We're talking about.
Speaker 1: What was her response to the now gie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, she seems startled at first, but we had been drinking, so it kind of she just brushed it off and we just got back to talking.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: When she realized it was you, everything.
Speaker 2: Was okay, and her mood didn't change, like, shouldn't become more icy or cold towards you.
Speaker 5: And to be honest, I didn't really notice because I was sort of like not as interested anymore. I sort of lost the desire to take it any further.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, whatever, am trying to be a jerk right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Look, I mean I'm being honest with you. That's totally how it was. On the date, I was just like not into it. But then when I got home, it was like I realized, out of all the dates I've been on and all the dates that I don't like, I kind of liked her the most.
Speaker 1: She was down.
Speaker 2: She was the best of the worst, right right, Okay, Okay, I'm really concerned with myself that I.
Speaker 4: Followed that.
Speaker 3: Position that some of us have been in many, many times. So, okay, how long has it been since your date with Toy?
Speaker 5: Then it's been a week.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to put any effort in since it doesn't sound like you put any in it initially?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, look, I waited about four days and then I called one. I didn't leave a messageor anything. I just hung up and then I texted her after that.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, good.
Speaker 3: And they say romance is dead, Well, some people might think it's coming on a little bit strong. Let it ring once bro ing. But we'll see how Tory feels because we're going to come back. We'll call her directly.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really excited to hear her opinion of this situation, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we'll have her rate you, rate everybody in this room.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back and healthy.
Speaker 3: It's a rape fest when we come back for your second date update. Right after this second date update, we've got an interesting situation on our hands here with one of our listeners, Thombe spelled like Tom but with an H in there, and to a few of us on the show, it sounds like he only wants another date with this woman Tory because he's kind of bored or.
Speaker 1: He's being rejected and hates that. I can't decide which.
Speaker 3: He doesn't see that into her, at least according to some people in this.
Speaker 1: Room, according to him.
Speaker 3: To me, he said that, well, I don't know how he feels personally. It sounds like he is passionately in love trying to play it KOI.
Speaker 1: He told us that he was being honest like eight times, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's what a koy person would say.
Speaker 1: That trick me too, true.
Speaker 3: Because there really weren't a lot of highlights to cover from their dive bar hangout, except for when he tried to hug her from behind and accidentally put her into a mini headlock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a huge highlight. I mean, I'm more a low lighte for her.
Speaker 3: It's kind of playful flirtiness there.
Speaker 1: It's not well so it could.
Speaker 3: Be almost like the I do kiss. It's very cute and romantic. That's the potential for it. Anyway, we're hoping to help cure Thomb of his you know, eternal boredness and get him another date with here Brook. Is there anything disparaging you'd like to say to Thumb before we begin here.
Speaker 1: I feel like I covered it all.
Speaker 3: Anything left.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I want to ask him is if he is going to be embarrassed if he gets rejected on the radio.
Speaker 5: No, honestly, not really, Okay, no pressure.
Speaker 3: I mean she's already basically rejecting you as it is. Sure can't be rejected.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you know how much else I can worry about that if it happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, we usually so you just don't care about that either, Okay, we just I just full apathetic.
Speaker 3: I can sense the passion in Tom's voice, right, Sorry, tom My bad?
Speaker 4: What if Thom's just killing time with us right now?
Speaker 1: He's like, Man, I'm kind of bored.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna call this maybe, but let's get it done. We'll see what she has to say. I'm gonna dial her number right now.
Speaker 5: You ready, you guys, are you asking me that?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, okay, never mind. Let me just focus on Tory here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so many emails, and this is the one we chose to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brook, we're not going to turn down the chance to interview a hard four on his dating life. So here we go. This is for Tho.
Speaker 5: Let's call her.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Tory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is her.
Speaker 1: It is a dumb joke. Sorry, Tory.
Speaker 3: What's up. You're on the radio with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, Torri, Hi, weird.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get a lot weirder in a second.
Speaker 3: We don't know that for sure. We do want to try into your personal life, just the tiniest bit and ask you about a date that you went on the other day with a guy named Thomb. Oh. You probably meant a lot of thomb so this one. Uh, he was the one that took you to a dive bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah thomb Okay, I remember him.
Speaker 2: Okay, weird, he's weird or it's weird that we're calling No.
Speaker 6: It's weird that you're it's weird that you're calling me.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, we're just trying to ask in general, how you felt about the date and how you felt about thomb himself.
Speaker 6: I don't know he's okay, Okay, fine, Okay, you ask your Alexis on a scale.
Speaker 3: No, let's not. Let's not go to the SUPERI that's just weird, Okay, I don't want.
Speaker 1: To hear that it's weird now, I see we're above.
Speaker 3: That's what you want to ask, Like, we want to get a sense of how you really feel about thomb. Is there like a chance that there might be another meetup? Maybe?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess he did like text me. I just I never texted him back, like he it was a fine day. I mean, I didn't really seem like he wanted to be there, but like I didn't really want to be there either, So.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, why didn't you want to be there?
Speaker 6: I mean, it wasn't like a bad date, It just wasn't a great day. I don't know. I guess I've been like going back and forth on how I feel about him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like part of me is.
Speaker 6: Like I can probably do better. Then there's another part of me that's like is it even worth trying to find somebody else? You know, like, don't settle.
Speaker 1: Don't settle for.
Speaker 3: Our listener, he's asked us for help.
Speaker 4: I don't want him to settle either.
Speaker 1: He also, I just.
Speaker 3: You didn't say that to him.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Is there any highlights or low lights, any moments from the date that really stand out to you?
Speaker 6: I mean not not really, Like I haven't even really thought about him.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you haven't thought about him?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Just like you know, you have an experience, it's like eh, and then you just kind of like go about your life and don't give it much attention.
Speaker 3: Maybe no highlights is a highlight, Like that's actually in itself that's interesting.
Speaker 5: I mean, wait, are you guys asking me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you ever thought of it that way?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: The similarities are actually pretty striking. I know that's just confusing me. I seem like I can't wait to see the fireworks that explode out of a conversation when we tell you, Tory that Thumb is actually on the other line right now listening to this conversation. Oh yeah, and he wants to he wants to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 5: Huh hey, yeah, that's stop.
Speaker 3: So we're just going to back away and let you two love birds. Yeah, talk this out, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Sorry. I mean, I I don't want to like hurt your feelings. I'm just being honest, Like, I don't know, I just didn't feel like it.
Speaker 5: Was that special.
Speaker 6: Really, no offense to you, like you're a nice guy.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, no offense taken. I agree it was it was fine. It's not like we we didn't hate each other, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I don't know. I mean I guess, like I said, I'm like going back and forth. Part of me is like, yeah, why not? It was like fine, And then the other part of me is just like he's not even on my mind at all that we even went out.
Speaker 1: You know, is this where dating sat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is this what's happening? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I appreciate the honesty, and I'll be honest with you. I mean I kind of only thought about you when this radio show came on. They sort of asked me if I wanted to do the second date call so Kevin.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's fair, That's totally fair. Like I think back on their date, there's there's nothing like special about our date, you.
Speaker 5: Know, like I get it offended, weird, Like that's what I kind of liked about it, Like the lack of interest, Like there was no drama, and like that's kind of not bad.
Speaker 2: That was actually the most positive thing that I've heard any of them say.
Speaker 3: The most romantic things I've been spoken on the show.
Speaker 1: Are you guys attracted to each other?
Speaker 3: Very long?
Speaker 5: Thought.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are actually perfect for each other. You're madly in love and you just don't care enough. Yet the bar is set so so low for both of you, not even that this might actually work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there is a bar. I think the bar is left.
Speaker 3: Well, let's find out for sure, because Toy, we love to offer you another date with Thomb, and we would pay for that date if you're willing to see him one more time.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess, like the dating apps are just.
Speaker 5: So bad right now.
Speaker 6: Like I don't know if you guys are on there, but there's just like herves and weirdos and like I had like a group of three things they wanted to add a fourth one time. It's just like rock out there. So we're giving I guess, yeah, like why not it doesn't like her to do another one?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, to hold on, Brooke, he may have changed his mind. Let's ask him, Thomb, are you still up for this?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's great. I mean, I'll take a free date, all right, I'll.
Speaker 3: Take a free dad. And why not? How much worse can it gets?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: What the heck? Well, congratulate. I don't even want to congratulate you. It doesn't feel like it deserves the congratulations.
Speaker 1: I have never been so depressed at the end of a second day.
Speaker 3: Now it's officially my favorite second date we've ever done. Now that book's depressed. Good work, thomb and you're going out one more time.
Speaker 5: Good luck, Thanks guys, Are we done?
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.