Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Mason is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Toy. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Mason, how long has it been since you heard from Tory.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's been like ten days.
Speaker 4: Okay. Have you tried to get a hold of her in that time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, I text her like a couple of times and she just left.
Speaker 4: You on red So why don't you tell us about the date? Mason, Let's see if we can try to help you out.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 3: Went to this thing called a Taco crawl. I didn't know about it, so we went to it. But it's like, uh, kind of like a bar crawl.
Speaker 2: Okay, fun, that's cool. Yeah, that sounds like a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like tacos obviously, and then restaurants, you know, food trucks, and then there's also like mariachi bands and all the dancing. It was really cool.
Speaker 2: So that did she seem to like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, she she ate more tacos than I did. I was like, damn, I can respect that.
Speaker 6: Oh good. What else happened on the day.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, there was this moment she had hot sauce on her nose and like I wiped it off and we just kind of looked at each other and laughed. You know. It felt like we knew each other way longer than just a couple hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it was cute, not awkward.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it was it was nice. It was fun and like we both laughed. It wasn't like weird or anything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, did you guys keep flirting with each other? Like, did you have other moments?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's kind of corny, but like we kissed on top of the parking garage and like the sumb was setting and it just felt so perfect.
Speaker 6: So what could have gone wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, gosh, like I did Okay, So I did do one thing. I asked for mild salsa instead of spicy, and she looked at me like kind of it made me feel like she was questioning my manhood a little bit, and I was like, I don't have a stomach.
Speaker 5: Ulcer, which which is not true.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I lied about that.
Speaker 6: How does she react to, oh, I have a stomach ulcer?
Speaker 3: Like she's eating hot, hotter stuff that I am, but she's just taking it, and I'm like, kind of, what's it out? So I kind of felt a little bit nervous about it, you know, So I just I don't know, I impulsively lied.
Speaker 6: So it's not so much that you didn't eat hot sauce. Maybe she just knew that you were lying.
Speaker 3: Now, like I wonder if she did, because I I think I got like flustered and maybe it was kind of obvious I was lying.
Speaker 4: I do kind of stud I do sometimes kind of look sideways though it does it can't do spicy why, I'm like why, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's just kind of.
Speaker 4: Like, wait, if I can, why can't you?
Speaker 6: You know, don't you ever wonder that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean I felt a little a little bit like it's secure to be honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you think that's why she's ghosting you? Yeah, it could be that.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know that that big of a deal, but okay, well, I also drop the truro down the storm drain and I said it was a sign from the universe, and I feel like she thought that was stupid.
Speaker 6: What kind of sign?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you know that this truro just wasn't meant to be, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so you think that she's ghosting you because she thinks you might be a liar and stupid. Yeah, it could be. All right, we'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you a second data right, all right, thanks guys. Okay, we'll get your first day follow up next. It's the Jewel Show. Right in the middle of today's first date follow up, and if you're just joining us, Mason is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Tori. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date if he still wants one. Before we do that, though, Mason, why don't you break down your dating again for.
Speaker 6: Us real quick?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we went to a taco crawl, which is kind of like a bar crawl. We hit up like a bunch of taco shops, had a really good time, and we kissed on top of the garage, and I kind of felt like maybe because I didn't I kind of lied about like having the stomach ulcer when she looked at me funny because I was eating wasn't eating like the spicy sauce? And I throw down the drain and said it was a size for the universe. So maybe she thinks I'm corny or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi man, speak of toy please and this is cheap hey toy? How are you? This is the Jubil Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 6: Hi Tori, I'm Nina.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Oh h hi hi uh?
Speaker 1: Is this one of those like prank shows or something.
Speaker 5: Like, y'all got to help me out?
Speaker 2: What's going on? No, we're calling you today because we do a segment on our show it's called the first Date follow up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and you ghost them, that person can ask us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh, my god, is this about taco guy Mason?
Speaker 2: He's got a name. Yes, it is about Taco guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know how you like, maybe the girls know, Like when you're talking about guys with your girlfriends, they all kind of wind up having nicknames. But I didn't think people actually did this. Wow, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, are you ghosting him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Honestly I ghosted him because he cried, Oh why not like telling me something emotional or like something personal? He teared up during a street performance. Uh there was like a guy jugging, juggling flaming swords to my heart will go on? Oh And I looked over and Mason literally wiped away a tear.
Speaker 5: I was like, is this that for real?
Speaker 6: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Say anything to him about it.
Speaker 5: Like you don't, you don't have to lean beyond.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's Mason. He's actually on the phone listing and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh uh, hey, Mason.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not trying to like judge your feelings or whatever. I just I need someone to start off with a little more chill, like for I don't know if he told y'all, but he also told me that my taco order was poetry Like that seems a bit extreme, doesn't seem very normal to me.
Speaker 6: Were you being serious, Mason?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a perfect order. It had like great texture, great heat. It was feel like a perfect balance. I was just trying to compliment.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, but you said it was and I quote, the most sensual food pairing that you'd ever seen. Just kind of threw me off.
Speaker 6: Oh that sounds like it's flirting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was. I was just flirting, like I mean, you know, I wasn't trying to be like weird about it or anything, but like we're on a day, we're having fun, you know. I just thought it would be like kind of a witty line. I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable or anything. Oh No, I try to see things from like a perspective of like beauty in the world, you know, like I try to see things poetically.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: I thought that was romantic, you know. I didn't think it was like weird or anything. I just thought it was like, hey, let's add some romance to the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and honestly, this felt like being on a date with a Hallmark card.
Speaker 5: Very strong came across very strong.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you told them about this already, but you dropped the true and you said something about like it's a time the universe, and I could just kind of tell that, like people around us who are looking at us, like, do you take it down a much?
Speaker 3: I don't get what you mean by that, because like everybody, you know, all these girls like on social media and stuff, they say they want like a sensitive, poetic guy, and now like you know, I did that, and now you're telling me that that's a turn off. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Listen, it was just a lot for a first date, Okay, Like I'm not like all those other girls, a lot of girls on social media who are just constantly saying whatever they you know, what they're looking for. I really like masculine guys, okay, very masculine dudes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like poetry is like the ultimate like masculinity, because you're you're able to like be one with your sensitive side while also like expressing.
Speaker 6: Beauty with us.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like it's it's hard to be vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like.
Speaker 3: The the hyper masculinity thing, it's not even real sculinity because they're hiding part of themselves, you know, like I was bearing myself for you. That's that's how I feel about it. Let me tell you something about Mason. Mason loves hard and he isn't scared to show.
Speaker 1: It's okay, okay, Mason, thank you for the update on Mason.
Speaker 2: Tory, would you like another date with Mason? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Mason is very sweet, but I just need a little less of the poetry because it's kind of coming across as fake and a little more reality.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna say no. Guys, but Mason. You know, Mason can go find Mason someone who likes the poetry you for the first date.
Speaker 3: Well, Tory, I guess something else that you'll never find out about Mason is that I.
Speaker 5: Have trouble finding on the way that fits. Bo's first date follow up