Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode sixty seven of What's Right with Nick Wright and one of my favorite sports media days of the year, the Monday after Week one of the NFL. You all will be hearing this and seeing this on Tuesday. But this is a jam backed loaded day. So much so these things did not make the show. Think about how much news there must be for the fact that into Here's what missed the cup for today's show, Steph Curry confirming that Golden State was considering trading for Kevin Duran reacquiring him. That full article comes out later, comes out before Tuesday morning in Rolling Stone. So we will discuss it on Thursday's pod or Friday's pod. Lamar turning down an extension. Butt winning our lock of the Week came through. Our Survivor pick came through. We got oh Man, our Week one picks. We'll get to that in a second, and Star Wars and Disney owe me a lot of money. In fact, this is you know what, We're going to redo some of the rundown here because this is gonna make the show. We're going to talk about that at the end of the show. The end of the show because I feel like there's millions of dollars at stake, so we'll discuss it's millions of dollars. Speaking of money before we even get to the actual first topic, which of course is I assume gonna be Sunday Football, Cowboys Bucks. On Fridays, we do a gambling show. We give out five picks. It didn't start off gloriously because you heard the show Friday and one of the picks was Thursday and I got it wrong by twenty points. Couldn't have been more wrong about that game. The other four picks I gave out, however, I feel great about even though we only went two and two. So here's why our lock of the week was the Ravens. It was about fading Joe Flacco. That game went exactly how I said. The next one was Miami, and I said, I don't see how the Patriots can get past thirteen points. They scored seven. I should have bet the under in that one as well. The other two games were the Cardinals, I'm sorry the Cardinals, the Chargers, and the Jaguars. Both of them were winning the games and covering the spread at the two minute warning, and both of them blew it. I feel like our analysis was only off on one game. A two to three week to start the year is not great. He easily could have been four and one, though, but we liked the process. So our Week two gambling show. And by the way, we told you the teasers are gonna kill you America, stay away from him. This week, so many favorites lost. It's so there was I mean, there was just apps or ties. The Colts tied, the Bengals found a way to lose. We'll get into all of that, all right. Let's start the show to Monsey. I assume we're starting with Cowboys Bucks.
Speaker 3: Yep. Tom Brady has advanced to seven to zero against the Cowboys all time. Wow, Dak hurt his hand. I'm sorry. Yeah, he hurt his hand and exited the game in the fourth quarter. But they weren't really moving the ball like that beforehand. Uh, it's the Cowboys Bengals next week. Terrible thing's brewing for the Cowboys. Is their season already in jeopardy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so we'll get to the Bucks side of this later.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys were a mess yesterday before Dak broke his thumb. Yeah, so he's gonna be out a couple months, and if they want any chance of staying afloat, then they're gonna have to either trade for Gardner Minshew or trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. I think, if they're smart, they're gonna call up the San Francisco forty nine ers and we'll get to them in a moment, because I already see on the screen it says Lance looks lost, and see if they can get Jimmy g on the chief. Here's the thing, though, they were gonna be screwed even with that. I tried to Now I was you guys asked me on this about a month ago. If I was ready to pick the Eagles win the division, and I said no. Then Tyron Smith got hurt and the Cowboys. More and more of the news on the Cowboys was so ominous, the wide receiver injuries, Tyrone Smith's injury, that I said, I don't know if I said it on the pod, but I know I said it on the TV show that I had gone from the Cowboys winning the nfcast to out of the playoffs. That Dak had always had a great offensive line. Now it's below average. The receiving goal is gonna be the weakest he had had in years. I don't trust the coach. And while I didn't buy the Eagles as a Super Bowl contender and their offense looked great yesterday, their defense struggled a ton. I thought they could win the division. Cowboys felt like an eight to nineteen and they confirmed that yesterday Sunday night. Micah Parsons made a few big plays. The defense did a good job holding Brady out of the end zone. The offense could not move the ball, and that's when Dak was healthy. Now I don't think they're gonna just punt on the season. Team's too expensive and you have too many blue chip players to just let Cooper Rush be your quarterback for two months. So they've got to go get somebody, right, and I think that's something. Listen, maybe it'll be Gardner. I think Gardner the media likes him because he's kind of goofy and fun. I'm not a Jimmy G guy, but he's obviously better than Gardner Minshew and better than Cooper Rush. He's the best available backup quarterback. And if you're the question is would Jimmy G waves no trade, I would imagine he would. He wants to go be a starter. Go be a starter for two months, rebuild your value, go get real money in free agency.
Speaker 3: And are you putting them back at the top of their division with Jimmy G No, No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I think I think they're screwed either way. But I don't think Jerry Jones views it that way. And I think, if you're Jerry Jones, let me pull up real quick the Cowboys' schedule, because I think that Dak's going to be out until November. I don't think you have hand surgery and you're back in six weeks. I know they called it six to eight weeks. I think it's going to be closer to eight to ten than six to eight. So look at their what they've got. They're home against the Bengals next week. A Bengals team that has its own issues will get to them. They're at the Giants on Monday Night Football. After that Giants little frisky Sakuon looked outstanding yesterday in that comeback victory. Home for Washington, then at the Rams, at the Eagles, then home for the De Troit, home for Chicago, before they're at green Bay November thirteenth, which is when I after a bye, when I would imagine Dak comes back. You've got to find a way. That's how many games one, two, three, four, it's eight total games before you get to Green Bay. You've got to find three wins, three and five and you'll still be alive to some capacity. It's not great, but if you're two and six or worse, your season's over three and five year on life support. Four and four, which would mean four and three the seven games without Dak, you'd take it. So you've got winnable games home against Detroit, home against Chicago, at the Giants, home against Washington. You're gonna be in a real rough spot against Cincinnati, the Rams and the Eagles, especially the Rams and Eagles are on the road. But yeah, I think they have to make a move. I also just don't trust the coaching staff. I didn't like anything I saw from Dallas yesterday, except for Micah Parsons. He's a sensational player and he got to Brady twice. To be totally honest. Didn't love what I saw from the Bucks either. They got another offensive line injury in Donovan Smith. Brady was getting harassed. They just knew that if they didn't make too many mistakes, their defense was gonna be able to carry him. So let me rephrase it. I didn't love what I saw from the Bucks offense. The Bucks defense I thought was outstanding, But I wonder if a lot of teams are gonna do that to Dallas. All right, now, let's everyone hyperventilate over the Niners.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. The weather at Soldier Field in Trey Lance, A lot of things, a lot of things in common last night. Oh, Trey Lance is obviously looking very rough. Finished the game with two turnovers and barely over two hundred total passing yards. Yeah, did you already throw out that Super Bowl ticket?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Listen first, of all, everyone take a deep breath. There is some speculation, Oh, the Niners can't trade Jimmy G to the Cowboys because they're gonna need Jimmy G for them. Calm down. It was his third career NFL start. It was the first game of the season. It was a monsoon. He made a couple nice plays, made a couple boneheaded mistakes. We knew that was going to happen. The bet on the Niners is that by the end of the year they're in a better quarterback position than they were at the beginning of the year. Now, it's still a terrible loss. I'm not gonna argue they were up ten to nothing on the Bears. That should be enough. That's a terrible loss. You can't lose that game. And they did lose that game, and Lance made some mistakes. However, look at the division that we thought was gonna be awesome. Right now as we record this, the leaders in the NFC West are the Seahawks because they haven't played. The Cardinals got their teeth kicked in. The Rams got their teeth kicked in. Yes, it would have been nice for the Niners to give themselves a bit of a cushion. But you knew there were going to be some growing pains with a player who played at the Division two level, didn't play his final year really because of COVID, and then sat out most of last year. So I just I don't understand why folks seem to wan want to give Trey Lance the shortest leash of any top five pick I've ever seen. Like Zach Wilson is gonna get multiple years, Josh Allen got multiple years his first year. He was terrible, now he's a superstars. Sam Darnold got multiple years. Trey Lance has started three games won this season, obviously, and it was on the worst field in football, in a torrential downpour.
Speaker 3: Yes, he made some mistakes. What's like, we're playing in the elements. We're already risking our lives by hitting each other like this.
Speaker 2: We want all football games to be indoors.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I feel like if there's going to be weather to where.
Speaker 2: You want the delayed a delayed game, like not a delayed game, maybe close it up or something.
Speaker 3: If it's gonna rain around the time they're gonna play.
Speaker 2: They don't have a dome there, you got them.
Speaker 3: They got a lot of money man.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, by the way, they are considering in Chicago building a new stadium. I totally disagree though with this take. One of the great things about the NFL is you can build your team to the conditions of your city. So like if you live in a war well yeah, but that's but that's a fun element of it, is that that that's one of the that if you play in the Northeast or Chicago, you can build a team that's supposed to be good in the cold, that is gonna maybe be a running team. If you play in the Dome like Atlanta, you can say forever, we're gonna spend money on wide receivers and speed, Like, yeah, there you go. Thanks, You got a lot of anti one liners this. Yeah, it's modern day Gladiators, buddy, it's the NFL. But so, but to answer the question, everyone calmed down on the Niners. They're gonna not only they're gonna win this week, this coming week, they're gonna win by at least a touchdown. I don't even remember who they play, I just know they're big favorites this week, the Niners in Week two, I've got it right here. My apologies for not having it in front of me. The Niners in Week two play Seattle. We'll see how Seattle looks night. But either way, Seattle's gonna be on emotional downswing after the Russell game. They're on a short week. They're gonna be fine. San Francisco is gonna be one in one and at worst, at worst tied for first in the NFC West. Everyone take a deep breath, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, your Chiefs blew out the Cardinals in Week one. That that was a really good game. It looks so effortless by the Chiefs, by the way Mahomes do for five touchdowns and three quarters and look just fine without Surrey Hill. It's either him or Josh Allen. It's just like the best quarterback right now, Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes. One of them. I don't know which one it is yet, but it's one of them. Is the story that the Chiefs are back or that Arizona's just garbage.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Arizona's garbage, And I don't know the Chiefs are back because they never went anywhere.
Speaker 3: Games.
Speaker 2: They win twelve or more games every single season. This story is, folks somehow found a way to talk themselves into underrating Patrick Mahomes, who has an argument is the most talented quarterback ever and has an argument that had the has had the greatest open to a career in NFL history. Okay, and yet people said, it's not just that the general consensus was that Josh Allen is better than him. They that's the general consensus that Allen's better than him. It's also that Justin Herbert in his own division might be better than him. Some people were saying Russell Wilson over Mahomes. A lot of people were picking the Chiefs to miss the playoffs. And I sat here and told you remember when I said Mahomes was gonna take that eighth ranking and might do and try to go for eight touchdown bass to be the NFL record, And people are like, Oh, yeah, Nick, he's gonna do you see him in this game get get to five through three quarters and counted them off. If the Cardinals could have put up more of a damn fight, we got to sea Patrick play the whole fourth quarter. This game was very frustrating. And living in New York, by the way, because it was one of our local games, so you can't watch it through Sunday ticket because it was on the local CBS affiliate. But we missed the first drive because Bengals Steelers went to the final play of overtime and then you had left to go do some work before you came back. They took the game off early fourth quarter and said we're bringing you to a more competitive game because it was such a blowout. So they started showing us I think it was Chargers Raiders, and so I didn't even get to see the final Chiefs touchdown. I mean, he got it turned off, got the game turned off. There is right now no way to guard this Chiefs team. They are bigger, they are stronger. They don't have the elite game breaking speed of Tyreek, but they still have a ton of speed in the whole Hardman and NBS. They have three legitimate running backs. They have the best offensive line in the league. Mahomes is the best player in football. Mahomes has been has been the best goddamn player in the league since Week three of his first season starting, and everyone's been trying to talk themselves into other guys and it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes had the biggest, biggest game of everybody.
Speaker 2: Of everybody this week, there's no question. I'd say second place probably Saquon Barkley and third place Minca Fitzpatrick. But there's no doubt Mahomes had the best game and they were trying to Wild's.
Speaker 3: At it, Justin Jefferson. What about the game?
Speaker 2: Oh, Justin Jefferson? Had you got it? Justin Jefferson? He had a monster game. Two. Uh, there's no doubt about it. A J. Brown had a big game. A lot of guys had big games. But that's I would go Mahomes, Saquon Minca. Minca had to pick six and a blocked extra point with zero seconds left to force over. Huge had the game breaking run and scored the two point conversion to win the game, and then we know what Mahomes did. Wild's out of tweet, though, and he was right. Everyone else is trying to win. The Chiefs are trying to prove a point. Yeah, they are trying to prove a point. And all right now on the Cardinals, I don't think the card I picked. The Cardinals missed the playoffs. I don't think they're a great team, but they're not a terrible team. And the Chiefs made the embarrassed Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's tough. You're facing probably one of the best teams in the league. It's like hard to.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs, and I think, listen the the I think that people were I was surprised the Chiefs blew them out like that. You know, I remember I didn't make this one of my picks. I thought the Chiefs would be up around ten most of the game. And the reason I want to bet the Chiefs minus six was because you have back door cover late touchdown when the Chiefs are improvement or something. But it never even came to that. Now, Thursday night, Chiefs hosting the Chargers. That's a big game. And if the Chiefs put it on, the Chargers puts the whole afc West on notice. If this didn't already put him on notice, all right, what's last?
Speaker 3: Last? We got Aaron Rodgers? Man, I feel very sadly for this guy. Aaron Rodgers looked totally lost on offense and a loss to Minnesota, and Davante Adams on top of that, blew up in the Raiders game and Minnesota looked unstoppable on offense. Is it possible that Green Bay's strategy to employ bad wide receiver is going to blow up on him.
Speaker 2: Well, so this was what was interesting. Tyree Kills first game without Mahomes played really well. Vante Adams was first game without Aaron Rodgers played really well. Right, Mahomes in his first game this season without Tyreek was the best player in the league. Rogers and his first game without DeVante was brutal. And listen, there was an interesting moment very early in this football game.
Speaker 3: It was frustrated from the job.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's very very frustrated. So he had a bomb to Christian Watson on the first drive of the game that was wide open and Watson flat dropped it. Okay, he's their rookie second round pick, the guy they drafted essentially to replace Davante. And then after that, he basically stopped going to him, and he basically stopped going to his wide receivers. And this is a real criticism of Rogers. Happened in the playoffs last year, and the playoff lost his Well, not just that he will lose faith in a guy and he's done so yet last year, one of the best bets I ever made, one of the best wagers I've ever made in my life, was in the playoff game against the Niners, Mercedes Lewis fumbled the ball on a pass and you could live bet player props in the playoffs, and I just bet, repeat max bet until the account was at zero. Mercedes Lewis under zero point five catches remainder of game because I knew there was no chance Rogers was gonna throw him the ball again. And Mercedes Lewis never caught the ball again. He was done. Rogers yesterday took a deep shot, had it great, pass dropped the rest of the game. Took one more deep shot the entire game and it was a give up interception. The rest of the game only threw four more passes more than ten yards past the line of scrimmage. Now, last year, Rogers started the season off with a miserable loss, got their ass kicked by the Saints, came back the rest of the year was amazing. They want MVP. It was great until the playoffs. But Rogers gets frustrated and gets in his own feelings about stuff and lets it affect him. And so now what I will say is, what was the vikings If they're going to win the division? This is their single biggest game of the year, and there's our time will be quick here. Their home game against Green Bay is as close to a must win game as there is, and they won it. And Justin Jefferson was excellent. But if you told me the Vikings were gonna win, I would have said, Okay, they win thirty one to twenty eight. They outscore green Bay. Now, their offense was good. They scored twenty three points. Like they weren't overwhelming on offense. Justin Jefferson was unbelievable, and Rodgers told him after the game he was the best player in the game. I wonder if Rogers, by the way, the quote is, uh, you were the best guy. What did I want to get the exact quote, because I couldn't tell if you he says you were the best guy in the game today. I don't know if he was saying, like in the NFL today, you're the best, or if he was saying in today's game, you were the best. There's no doubt he was saying, and there was no doubt that he was the best player in that game. I wondered if Rogers might be saying, you're the best player in the league, bro, like you are the I'm not sure what he was saying Justin Jefferson definitely has an argument. He's the best receiver in the league, no question about it. But to get back to the topic, if you told me the Vikings were gonna win, it wouldn't have shocked me, but I would have thought they want to shootout the fact that Packers were just totally unable to move the football and the Vikings all they needed was a monster Justin Jefferson game and that was it to never being you know, at any risk. It was a little concerning. I still think the Packers are the smart bet to win the division because of the Packers and when Rodgers healthy, they win the division every year. But rogers inability to deal with frustration is a consistent point of concern for the Packers, and it reared its head immediately this year, just like it did last year and then last year. The rest of the year he was great. Was I would imagine they get the Bears this week in Green Bay. They're gonna annihilate them. But it's just something to watch, all right. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: When it comes to towing, seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet. Together, let's drive learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot Com Safety. Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. With the vehicle owner's manual for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right, Nick Wright, episode number sixty seven. As this NFL Monday, you guys will be seeing this on Tuesday for Week one rolls on a wild finish to the one o'clock window. Those last twenty minutes from about three fifty five pm Easterns of about four thirty pm Eastern was just insane half hour of football. We'll get to those games in a moment. We'll also get to my pending lawsuit against George Lucas, Disney Star Wars, all of it, but first de Monse. Even though it's an NFL Monday, one last time this year, give it to me, Give it to me, NICKT Tennis Corner. Let's go you.
Speaker 3: We're taking a little break from football. Let's talk about the finishing up of the US Open. Yes, Carlos Alcaaz won his first Grand Slam after winning three five setters in a row. Yes, does he remind you of a young fretder or a Nadal.
Speaker 2: Young feederer or Nadal?
Speaker 3: So listen.
Speaker 2: Alcaaz is unbelievable. He just won a US Open. It nineteen years old. Nadal won his first major at just young nineteen. He had just turned nineteen when he won the French first time. Sampras won his first major at nineteen. The youngest major winner ever, I think is Michael Chang. Michael Chang, it was crazy. He won it seventeen the French Open. Never won another major, So that can happen. That is not gonna happen. To call Carlos Alcaraz he is potentially going to be an all timer. Now, it is going to be hard for all of us to adjust our eyes to what being an all timer means. Because Augusty, one of the greatest ever, won eight majors. Bjorn Borg, who a lot of people would argue, is you star you is the greatest ever one eleven. Sampris considered for many the greatest ever for a very long time, won fourteen majors, and then Federer won twenty, Novak won twenty one, and Rafa won twenty two. So comparing anybody to those three guys is a fool's Errand okay, you would to compare favorably to any of those guys, I means you're gonna have an argument as the greatest player. Ever, however, Federer is basically done now. Novak isn't done, but his vaccine stance keeps preventing him from being able to compete in all the majors, and he is getting older. Rafa is obviously past his prime. I think he'll probably win another major or two even, but there's an opening now. Tiafo, who could be the most exciting men's player in a decade plus? Obviously is you know, the guy that is going to come out of this with a big star turn as well. But folks have been following tennis.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Al Karez is the guy that everyone said, oh, come twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, he'll be the best player in the world. The fact that he now is a major champion and got the number one player in the world ranking and winning it the way he did. The matches he played leading up to the final were so utterly spectacular. There was the match I told you that was five hours and fifteen minutes. The second longest was old match ever. The fact that he had the legs to win three straight five setters before the final. I would set his career major championships. If you set it nine and a half, I would take the over, which would put him as one of the Rod labor like, one of the greatest guys ever. Now is he gonna get up into the teams?
Speaker 3: That's so good? Why is he getting the five sets? He's just a child, But why is it going? I feel like it should be over a little bit sooner. I feel like, if you're really good, you're getting year. He is nineteen.
Speaker 2: He is a young in I mean, that's why he's not He's not yet ready to win majors in straight sets. The other guy's pretty good too, Okay, I mean that's it. That was I mean, that's not a bad one liner by you. If he's so good, why is he taking five sets? He won the he won last night, and four he won in four sets. But as much as I love tennis, we now must get back to football once again. This is why the US opened move it back a week okay, next.
Speaker 3: All right, Monday Night football preview. Yeah, Russ is going back to Seattle tonight and Denver is favored by six and a half on the road. Why exactly are people betting Seattle? Are people just overthinking this one? Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know if many people are betting Seattle though, because it started with Denver by four it is now up to six and a half or seven, depending on where you get it, So a lot of people are betting Denver. Here's what I would tell you. I don't want to spend a lot on this because people this game will have happened by the time people will hear or see this. I think it's either Denver in a blowout or Seattle wins out right. So my gambling advice would be, don't take Denver Seattle plus the points. Either take Seattle and lay the points, or just take Denver on the money line if it's I'm sorry, or just take Seattle on the money line. I think Seattle if it's closed, I think they can win. And the reason people are betting this, I'm gonna show you a bit and maybe we can add it to the show post production. If not, I'll just describe it the reason people are betting on if they are on Seattle, it's because this is the corniest man alive. Hold on, watch this. Describe to the audience what you're watching Russell Wilson. Do there? Describe what he's doing.
Speaker 3: So Russell Wilson came out of the came out of the locker room. I'm assuming did like the little cross up to jeezus. Was that like a greedy.
Speaker 2: No buddy he is? And by the way, oh, I'm being told let me have that back to Monseay. I'm being told, by the way, this is going to come out before the games. I thought people were gonna see it on Tuesday, but you're gonna be able to see it Monday afternoon. But regardless, No, what you saw right there was Russell Wilson practicing high fives.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he.
Speaker 2: Is in full uniform coming out of the locker room doing ghost high fives.
Speaker 3: Man, the guy misses his teammate.
Speaker 2: He is such a dork. He is eas I'm gonna start calling him Nathan Fielder if from the rehearsal HBO fans will get that, dude, No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I practicing it is kind of It's the worst.
Speaker 2: It's a little different, the worst Russell, Nathan Fielder, Wilson, his whole life's a rehearsal. It's unbelievable. That's why gun to my head. If I have to pick a winner, obviously I'll pick Denver, But the gambling part of me says, actually, you know what, gun to minad, I don't pick Denver. I'm not picking this game because I retract that because this feels like, and I said this on Friday, the game that ruins everyone's teaser, the game that the bad gamblers, you know, rush in to try to make up for their Sunday losses, and Gino Smith and Seattle could shock them. So it's to stay away from me. I'm gonna be pulling for Seattle. I know that much. All right, let's get to the other games.
Speaker 3: All right, So, oh new segment, Oh new segment. Freak out or chill Everybody's gonna overreact to Sunday's games, and you decide whether they should freak out or relax and chill out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The craziest game of the weekend was pitt Cincy. Joe Burrow turned the ball over five times against Pittsburgh, but the Bengals almost won the game. Anyways, should the Bengals freak out or chill out?
Speaker 2: I think both of these teams actually should moderately freak out. Okay, here's the Let me start with the Steelers. TJ. Watt looks like he tore his pack. If he did, he's done for the year. He's the best player on their team. He was a monster in this game. If he's done for the year, they are just screwed. Okay, so I think the aid it's a costly victory the Bengals. The reason I would be concerned if I were them is the coaching at the end of this game was awful. They had a touchdown to Jamar Chase if they would have challenged if they didn't, yeah, rude up the clock in overtime. The coaching was terrible. That's not my biggest concern, though. My biggest concern also isn't burrows five turnovers the four picks and one even got overturned in the fumble. That's an outlier event. The concern with Cincinnati last year was the offensive line. Supposedly they so Burrow's rookie year, he gets his acl blown out because of the offensive line. Last year, he got the shit kicked out of him all year. Was able to overcome it. This offseason. The word was offensive line revamped. Fix didn't look like so. I would be concerned if I'm Cincinnati that a. We had no business losing that game. Pittsburgh's offense could do nothing. We had an extra point at the end to win the game. We screwed it up. We had a chip shot field goal in overtime, but our backup long snapper blew it. By the way sidebar. I have been watching football my whole life, and it overtime situations. I have seen teams kick on third down forever because the argument is, oh, in case there's a bad snap, you want a chance to not have to kick it, you can fall on the football and then kick on fourth down. I've seen teams do this forever. I've never seen a team actually execute it. I've never seen a team call out the field goal unit on third down snap, spike the ball or fall on it, then kick it on fourth. But I've seen teams waste it down so they have that in their back pocket forever. Yesterday happened and they didn't do it. It was a terrible snap. The backup long snapper is in there. The guy barely snags it and then can't get the ball down right, laces instead, the laces out and kicks it dead left, fall on it. You finally had the opportunity. He didn't do it. So the Steelers win. But I would be really concerned if I'm Cincinnati about the offensive line and about Borrow getting beat up. And I think Baltimore is gonna be really good in that division, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, everyone's down on the Patriots all preseason, and they looked just as bad as advertised with only putting up seven points against Miami. Yeah, should the Patriots freak out or should they chill out?
Speaker 2: They should absolutely freak out. Now they do get lucky in this regard. They get Pittsburgh next week. Naja Harris is banged up, TJ. Watts out, and Pittsburgh's coming off a five quarter game, right so in a lot of ways, that's a fortuitous kind of schedule moment for them. But they are screwed, man, and we're gonna go a little overtime here.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 2: Uh, their offense is going to be an abomination all year long. Mac Jones was just trying to dink and dunk his way to glory didn't happen. He his lack of awareness on the strip. Sack was terrible. No one on that team scares you. I didn't think Miami played that well. I thought too was fine. And Miami dominated them utterly and totally dominated them. And by the way, Bill Belichick is now since Tom Brady left seventeen and eighteen, that's brutal below five hundred in the.
Speaker 3: Thirty five Brady's ability.
Speaker 2: Sure seems like it right in the thirty five games post Brady Belichick is now seventeen and eighteen. Let me just look at the Patriots schedule real quick. If they were to lose to Pittsburgh, which again no TJ. Watt I didn't love Pittsburgh's offense that game, I'm sure is about to pick them in Vegas because it's in New England. So let me see what New England has the red. So they're at Pittsburgh. If they don't win that game, it's then home against Baltimore. I'm gonna get crushed and at if they don't win on Sunday, they're oh and four. Then it softens up for two months and then the end of the year for New England at Minnesota, home for Buffalo, at Arizona at the Raiders, home for Cincinnati, home for Miami, who's beat them four in a row, and then at Buffalo they could start the year zero and four and end the year losing six out of seven. So yeah, absolutely freak out time in.
Speaker 3: New England and that New England's favored by one next week?
Speaker 2: Okay, I said it. I thought it might be a pick them. Yeah, it's in New England. So what is that about? Why is New England favored by one? The answer that's very simple is, Oh, it's not in New England. It's in Pittsburgh. Well, then it's not that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if mac Jones should be a favorite on the road, even against Mitch Trubisky. I was thinking that game was in New England, New England.
Speaker 3: Brian Oyer might play.
Speaker 2: But yeah, mac Jones fast back, but I don't think he's gonna play. No, and that would actually not help them in the line. Oh man, I don't know that I can bet Pittsburgh with Mitch Trubisky at home, or with Mitch Trubisky anywhere, but I mac Jones is a road favorite even of just a point, seems odd.
Speaker 3: Much the TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt injury. All right, that's one to monitor. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, you were super high on the Colts this year. Yeah, but they tied with the freaking Texans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stir and come back.
Speaker 3: Should the Colts freak out? No, no, no, or should they chill out?
Speaker 2: They should chill out. No reason to freak out.
Speaker 3: So listen.
Speaker 2: Of course, they were down twenty to three going into the fourth quarter, right they end up scoring seventeen straight points, tying the game. They blow it in overtime. The Colts, though, under Frank Reich, are always awful early and then get it together late. And what they what they have going for them is they, I believe, can build a little bit off of the fact that instead of just rolling over down twenty to three, they they put up a fight. And by the way, a tie in that division right now is not bad. I mean, the Titans blew a game and lost. They had no business losing, but they did. The Jags gave a game away, so frustrating. So the Texans and Colts are oho to one and tied for the divisional lead. Again, I'm high on the Colt's ability to have a gaudy regular season record and to win that division. I was never high on their ability as a true contender, but I did say I thought they could maybe win twelve games. I still believe that. Yeah, I still believe that, even though they're not a team you're gonna believe in as a championship contender. All right, But no, so they should not freak out. They should they should chill out, all right?
Speaker 3: Next well, speaking to Tennessee, they blew a late lead to the Giants at home. Reminder, this is the number one seed in the AFC. Lest should the Titans freak out or should they chill out? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the titansers are in real trouble. They're in real trouble. First of all. Next week they're at Buffalo, then they're home for the Raiders, then they're at Andy, and then they play Indy again a couple weeks later. This could get away for them fast. The blowing that game to the Giants the way they did and screwing up Rabels, screwed up the end of the game situation. These coaches that act like forty seven yard field goals are a gimme. They had time to try to get it a little closer instead, they went back, They had Tannehill go backwards on the final play, and then Fat Randy Randy Bullock. And I know Big Gat calls him Fat Randy. That is my the kicker, that is my catchphrase. Big Kat didn't know he sold for me, but he did. And again, I'm not trying to body shame anybody, but Randy Bullock was the Texans kicker when I was in Houston and I was supposed to go with the team on the team flight to a game, and that week, the week before, he had missed a kick and I kept calling Fat Randy on the radio, and so they disinvited me. They disinvited from going on the team flight because they said I was being mean to the kicker. I was heckling the kicker. Now he's the Titans kicker and he blew the game. Uh No, I think Titans are in real trouble. I think Danehill is about done with their I think they missed aj Brown. I think Titans are in real, real trouble. Do we have anything more or we got one more? Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: We got your boy. You picked Jacksonville to come on top of the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Trevor Lawrence didn't come through on a chance to win it late in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nonsense. Trevor Lawrence led the comeback Travizetti and dropped a two touchdown passes. One on fourth down. Lawrence led the com and then the Jags defense let him down. No, Dagbarterer should chill out. They're fine, They've got Trevor. I actually Trevor played well. I liked how they fought. They should have won the game. No, no, no, the defense, the number one pick of the draft had a sack and a pick.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's a tough loss to swallow. But no one in the AFC South is gonna aside from the Colts. I don't think you're I think you're gonna get easy games against the Texans and easy games against the Titans. I feel good about my Jags sneaking to the playoffs with the seventh seeds. I do. I don't feel I can't believe this didn't make the show. But I don't feel great about Panthers and Baker.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, honestly, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like, maybe just stay out. But look, here's what I say about Baker rallied in the fourth quarter and they got screwed. Can I say something about it about the team getting screwed this week? Then we'll move on. So Baker was horrendous in the first half, then Rilly in the fourth quarter. They take a lead the damn Browns then get a phantom rupping the passer call. All right, that's gonna happen. But then Jakobe Wesseat fake spiked and then spiked. That's against the rule. They flagged it, and then they picked it up and that, and so of course it was weird. It had been a ten yard pin on in a ten second runoff, they'd had one play, it had be a hail Mary. Instead, this rookie Cade York kicks and credit to him, nails a fifty eight yard field goal at the gun to win. But that's theft man. They and for them, it'd be one thing if they missed it, but for them to flag it and then discuss it and pick it up is terrible. I feel awful for Baker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do feel as well. But do you want me to take over? I got it all right, yeah, man. The whole Baker thing's super unfortunate because I think he just really put a lot of pressure on himself as far as saying that he was gonna quote unquote the Bears or the Browns up. I just think like when you say things like that, you're forced to have to perform for the for the audio listeners. Uh, my dad is his went to look for his backpack, which explains why I'm the only one speaking right now.
Speaker 2: I went to look for my backpack, and.
Speaker 3: You probably shouldn't go because.
Speaker 2: I wanted to show everybody the T shirt, the Baker Mayfield officially licensed T shirt I bought to taunt Chris Breustard with on the TV show Off the Leash Baker Mayfield Live and in person Carolina versus Cleveland. I ain't paid for rush shipping on this. I made fifty two dollars for this thing.
Speaker 3: Now you got to shrink it and give it to d end.
Speaker 2: Now it's youth. However, you know there's all these happy accidents. Demand and I have the same backpack. They're both first things, first backpack. So when I got up to look for mine, I found his, and this guy's just out here chilling with a little little I mean, look at this, Oh, gas station hit Asy bottle at the bottom of his backpack. And that's not all. Hold on, and then a little gas station Bacardi bottle. Well, listen, buddy, I grabbed the wrong backpack. Danta out here living his best life.
Speaker 3: Lease audio listeners. My dad is going through his backpack right now.
Speaker 2: Your backpack, your backpack, and I mean there's this airplane bottles of kognak and and Bacardi.
Speaker 3: I like the pregame alone.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, what's the problem, all right, buddy? That I mean, at least throw it away. This is your work stuff, pal, all right. As a rousing addition, Week one NFL Show, we now take quick break and we will come back with my pending lawsuit against the Walt Disney Corporation. That's next, What's right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in. This was a great first football Monday show. And I screwed up. I was saying, I'll show you guys are going to see this or hear this on Tuesday, which you could, but it also is going to come out later today. So we need to wrap up and I need to go do the TV show. But first, So I was in Memphis this weekend for about thirty six hours to go see the Southern Heritage Classic Jackson State Tennessee State. It was an amazing time. The folks of Memphis were so, so unbelievably hospitable. The tailgating at this game was and I'm from Kansas City elite. Oh my god, I'm used to elite tailgating experiences being from Kansas City. A third of the tailgates had deep fryers for fried fish and chicken. It was Memphis with two HBCUs. It was unbelievable. So when I'm on my way to brunch Saturday morning, watching Alabama, Texas. On my phone, I get an alert about a tweet and I look and someone is tweeted the guy that hosts a really good MAVs podcast. A few other people tweeted as well, but this was the one I saw. Uh, why isn't get nick right in the newest Star Wars? And I don't want I don't know anything about the Star Wars universe. I never called onto that. I don't know who count dook who is. But I did see this image and I think we can put it on. And if you listen, that's a screenshot from the show Demonse, that's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's so crazy that I didn't even think it was a part of an ongoing cartoons.
Speaker 2: My hair is now correct, Demonse thought someone made it next to this. But what's even more amazing. And if you go to my Twitter you can see it. And again, my hair is pulled back right now, so it's not it's like.
Speaker 3: Your hair with the money in your glasses, Like that's.
Speaker 2: What exactly right, the hair that's the top of my Twitter header. But here's the other thing in that in that scene from the show, there's a character next to him that's played by Sam Jackson and look and looks identical to Sam Jackson.
Speaker 3: Right, So I.
Speaker 2: Feel like.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this stuff works. There's like intellectual property. I mean the nose, even the beard, the hair style where it's now like it's me, bro and they've got billions of dollars. It's so much that it's me that when somebody asked how did this happen? I jokingly tweeted, it happened because I have great representation at Clutch Sports and people. I think right now people believe that that is supposed to be me because it is me.
Speaker 3: He's claiming it.
Speaker 2: No, they clearly drew that dude off me.
Speaker 3: Wait wait he does look he literally looks just like you. Yes, okay, I'll just leave. I don't I'm not trying to do.
Speaker 2: You think it's a coincidence.
Speaker 3: I think it's a crazy You think this is like you think the I think whoever the arts rules.
Speaker 2: I think whoever the artist is. If you're creating a character out of a figment of your imagination, I think the artist, Like you've got to just said, like, maybe they do this for a lot of cartoons. I don't know, they just have them look like somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you're also not like a random dude either, right, It's like.
Speaker 2: Of course I'm not a random dude. That's my point. I think, I think I want to know who drew it, and I want to I want to know. Are they big sports fans? I'm kind of flattered.
Speaker 3: And we can actually that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is too spot on for it to be happenstance. It's it's the beard, it's the it's the exact way the hair goes, it's the slight widow's peak and the nose and even the bags under my eyes. It's me bro so and I is Count Duku a good guy or a bad guy? I don't know any of these.
Speaker 3: Things next to Samuel L. Jackson, but I wanna.
Speaker 2: I just want to find out. And here's the other thing, though.
Speaker 3: He's the biggest Lebron's he's the biggest lebron fan in Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one liner or whoever fed that. Here's what I want to know though, And this is what's more important. The next time they make an actual Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Movie with people, who's gonna be in this guy?
Speaker 2: Gonna is this character a big enough character to be in it, because if so, I should get that role.
Speaker 3: You should. You definitely have much better luck with my than my Byron Scott thing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the Byron Scott thing didn't.
Speaker 3: Go I mean no, no, no, heck no don't. And I know I said that thing on the pod at the end of it, like a couple episodes ago, like you guys didn't do enough. That was like totally a joke. By the way, I hold you guys responsible. It's honestly my fault for not being as handsome as I possibly could be. And it's writ But no, man, I actually, yeah, yeah, I think I think I can get.
Speaker 2: The role being a Star Wars movie. You know how unbelievable that is, those franchises, man.
Speaker 3: Hey man, and making this down you can make it a freaking DC universe.
Speaker 2: She made it to che Hulk, Yeah, I think that that's what I think she was in. Yeah, all right, so we gotta figure this out. So here's the deal. I reserve the right two pursue legal action against Disney at all. However, I will put any type of legal action on hold until we can discuss whether or not there is a role for me in the next live action Star Wars film as count Dook.
Speaker 3: That's that sounds very so. I would be unbelievable. That would be crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean they based it off me. I gotta do more research on it. All right, We'll be back on Thursday with the next show. Hope you guys enjoyed Week one. Don't go crazy betting Tonight's Monday night football game. It's a long season based yourselves. Talk to you us in a few days. What's right?
Speaker 3: Take care of folks.