Speaker 1: All right, Leonard Skinner, simpleman. That can only mean one thing on this radio program. That's all things. Self proclaimed simple man. That means all things Bill O'Reilly, all things Bill O'Reilly or billoreilly dot com. Mister O'Reilly number one New York Times bestseller of the new book Confronting Evil and there is evil in the world.
Speaker 2: Mister O'Reilly, sir.
Speaker 3: How are you you? You are thrilled to know me?
Speaker 2: Right in some ways? Yeah, I mean twenty straight.
Speaker 1: Whenever we go to breakfast or lunch, and I pay for it every single time. But whatever I mean, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: You got more money than But I do want to say this sincerely. When you read a book of mine or probably anybody else's, and you tell your audience you like it, that's huge for the author. That's big because you got what four thousand radio stations.
Speaker 1: Here is something pretty close. We're up there, you know, it's amazing. Before we get into the topic that I want to discuss with you, which is the government shutdown. You know, there is a phenomenon back in the day when I started my talk radio career, believe it or not, nineteen eighty seven, mister O'Reilly.
Speaker 2: And I would.
Speaker 1: I would listen to other hosts and I would hear them, you know, let me give you the toll free telephone numbers. You know, they're the nine four one wwww, right, And they'd give out the phone number and they wouldn't get any calls. And we have one open line at eight hundred and nine four one wwww.
Speaker 2: You still have one open line, eight undred nine vote.
Speaker 1: And they get more incendiary and more incendiary and more incendiary, until finally they pissed somebody off one of the few listeners enough that somebody would call the show right right, right, Okay, So now we got everybody in their mother And I said this years ago, by the end of my career one day and I, well, it's not anytime soon. I hope that everybody's gonna have their own talk show. And I watch these people that have their podcasts, their quote, their media networks, they're this, they're that, and it's like they all crave and need a click, they need attention, So they get more incindiary, not for the purpose of espousing something they're passionate about or believe, but because they want to get noticed. Now you and I can make a headline in five seconds right now if we wanted to.
Speaker 2: But we don't do that.
Speaker 1: And I'm watching this game go on and I'm like, I'm laughing at it. I think it's funny because I don't think it's I don't think it is something that works in the long term. One thing both of us have in common is longevity in this business. And I don't think that gives you longevity.
Speaker 3: It also cheapens you, you know, And I made a few mistakes early in my career by you know, going after George Clooney maybe too hard or somebody like that that really didn't matter very much. But when you make it all personally.
Speaker 2: Well, well please stop here.
Speaker 1: You cannot go after that jackass, George Cloney hard enough, ra and him and his wife, their comments about bb nets and Yahoo were so over the top.
Speaker 3: Well, you can go after them, but you have to go after them on policy and on statements, not on personal And these people who do this on the podcast front, going after people personally, they're diminishing themselves and they will not be successful. Now I'm going to make a stunning transition into the story of the day. What you just described as far as podcasts and clicks and people trying to get attention on the internet is exactly what that Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer is doing, exactly the same thing. Humor knows that there's no way on earth that President Trump and the Republican Party are going to acquiesce to pay for the healthcare of illegal immigrants. He knows that every Democrat knows that, any more than IQ over fifty knows that. Yet he walks into the White House.
Speaker 1: By the way, Bill, do you think I have an IQ of over fifty? I've never had a test.
Speaker 3: You got four thousand radio stations. You don't need an IQ.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. Keep going, all right.
Speaker 3: So Humor knows, he walks in, and he knows that this is never going to happen, yet he does it anyway. So what does that tell you? It tells you didn't want a deal. He wanted to shut the government down. It's exactly what happened. Now, you then advanced the story why why would the Democratic Party want to shut down? There's a number of articles about one in the Washington Post today saying, Oh, this is going to hurt the Democratic Party, this is going to do this, This is going to do that. That's not true. The Democratic Party is at it's low ebb. It has nothing. It's losing on every single front except for the radical left urban centers, all right. And so Schumer is trying to get negative attention by the government shutdown by saying no, no, no, no, it's all Trump's fault because he knows that people don't pay attention. They don't really know what the big issue is here. All they know is that the services are being shut down. Some people are panicking, Oh, I won't get this or I won't get that, and that's what the Democrats want. Now. You and I have been around long enough to know that this shutdown is going to get solved, all right. It always does, and they'll come to some kind of compromise which will not include healthcare payments for illegal migrants. It will not. But this was by design. The leadership of the Democratic Party wanted to go in, wanted to shut it down, and are hoping that this will reignite some kind of support for the party. So that is a simple man's analysis.
Speaker 1: It's even deeper. I mean, I play this montage I'm going to play for you. I don't know if you've heard it. Interestingly, the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, put it on a loop on a TV outside of his office in the Halls of Congress, which I find hilarious. And this is the Democrats in past years talking about how horrible government shutdowns are, and this is the Schumer shutdown.
Speaker 2: Listen, it is not.
Speaker 4: Normal to shut down the government, but we don't get what we want. If the government shuts down, it will be at Americans who suffer most. A government shutdown means seniors who rely on Social Security could be thrown into chaos.
Speaker 2: Families will be hurt, Farmers will be hurt.
Speaker 4: It's the service members who will work without a paycheck. It's the firefighters who will be furlough the shutdown. You know who's gonna feel the pain.
Speaker 3: You know who it hurts you, everyday people and the most vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Seniors, veterans, working, families, hungary, kids off.
Speaker 5: Democrats are signalings that they're ready for a fight this time, Stumor tells the Associated Press.
Speaker 4: Both things have changed.
Speaker 2: It is not normal to shut down the government when we don't get.
Speaker 3: What we want.
Speaker 1: Now, you got to admit that's damn good and amusing as hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I mean, I'm not sure it furthers the debate, because.
Speaker 1: The Democrats further the debate. It shows what raging hypocrites they are.
Speaker 3: All right, but you can make a case that almost every politician has ever lived as a hypocrit. But what this reflects is desperation. And Schumer's got a personal agenda here too. He's at the end of the line, Schumer, and he's absolutely desperate not to get primaried by Cortes, all right, because she could beat him in New York.
Speaker 1: See them, She will kill him, she will destroy him, and he will get wiped out and embarrassed. Okay, your state of New York, by the way, is going You're not doing a good job. By the way, I'm blaming you for the decline of New York.
Speaker 2: You're bill O'Reilly. You live in New York.
Speaker 1: You should be doing a better job of managing your state. My free state of Florida is doing much much better.
Speaker 3: By the way, let me reply to that, my home field, Nasau and Suffolk County has followed my lead.
Speaker 1: No, you can't bifurcate out the state and say, well, what I live in particular is fine, but the rest of New York sucks and and and take no responsibility on your shoulders.
Speaker 2: I'm not letting you off the hook, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that we're trending blue.
Speaker 2: And now there's Bruce Blakeman is great. I love Bruce Blakeman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I can't do anything about New York City because I don't live in New York City.
Speaker 2: You're copying out.
Speaker 1: Your entire state is a woke you know, it's in a woke state of insanity and madness and you haven't fixed it.
Speaker 2: Bill, that's your home turf. Uh.
Speaker 3: Stefanic is gonna beat Hogel next year, so you're gonna eat your words.
Speaker 1: Listen, nobody would be happier if if, in fact Stefanic could win that race.
Speaker 2: I'd be very happy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna problem is too many, too many smart people like me have said goodbye.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean, look at California. My god, that's worse than New York. A million and a half are gone. But anyway, I'm doing the best I can do here, and I'm making progress on my home field, and I'm not taking credit for it. Of course, you get very fine people here, but New York City dominates the state. And that is got to blow up, and it will if Man Donnie is elected, it will absolutely blow up. And then you'll see the fire storm. And that's really the only way that the state is ever going to change, and the body count is going to be horrific.
Speaker 2: Pick break right.
Speaker 1: Back more with all Things simple Man, Bill O'Reilly all Things O'Reilly of Bill O'Reilly dot com, and later Senator Haggarty of Tennessee will join us as well. We'll get the latest in Washington and much more as our coverage continues.
Speaker 3: Sean Hannity show a thermonuclear mma assault on Baby News. Hannity is on right now.
Speaker 1: All right, we continue now with all things self proclaimed simple man. That means all things Bill O'Reilly, all things O'Reilly or billoreilly dot com.
Speaker 3: Did you see what he said in the press conference yesterday, Man Donnie, He's gonna.
Speaker 2: Watch him every day. I mean, he's great material.
Speaker 3: But this is the worst. He wants to take the authority away from the New York City Police Commissioner discipline officers and give it to civilians. That means that there isn't going to be any police. They're all gone. You can't work under a system like that, which is what he wants. He hates the police calls him races. He's going to cut a bill.
Speaker 1: He wants to open up the prisons and let all the convicts out. He wants to take felonies and turn them into you know, misdemeanors, which guarantees that these you know, career criminals will be on the street. I mean, it's a disaster in the making. I mean you can see, you know, two trains heading towards each other on the track and it's going to go. They're going to crash. Your state is going to crash. And you're gonna call me and you're gonna say, Hannity, your buddy, O'Reilly, I need I need a place to stay, and can you take me in? And I'm going to say yes, I will tell you ahead of time, I will accept you.
Speaker 3: The important thing for your listeners to understand is that all of this uh government shut down, hate Trump, all of this stuff, lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits. It's all out of desperation because the progressive left is losing badly and they know it. So it's like you know, the Hail Mary Pass or whatever cliche you want to use. They are going to do irrational things to try to write the ship. But it's not going to work, because probably will.
Speaker 1: The one thing that not even considering is a re examination, introspection, self reflection, of course, correction in terms of their policies that are out of sync with the American people. That would be the answer for them, and they just that that's not even part of the process.
Speaker 3: Because the mindset of the progressives is that we are noble, We are the good people and the maga trump of the evil people, and we're not gonna We're not going to walk away from our nobility. These are fanatics, These are people who you know, you point out the fact that the fact Phitsker is the best example, and this is the most vivid example I could ever give any American. Here's a man who's been in office almost eight years, I think, and there have been literally thousands of poor African Americans killed in Chicago, murdered by drug gangs. He has done nothing to mitigate that now one thing yet offered a blanket of protection by the federal government to bring this murder rate down so that poor African Americans are not shot dead. He not only says no, I don't want the extra protection. But the people that are offering in, including the President, are racists. I mean, how irrational and hateful and destructive is that point of view. That's the best example I can get of anybody.
Speaker 2: Mister O'Reilly. We appreciate your.
Speaker 3: Time, sir, Thanks very much, John, I really appreciate you. Reading the book means a lot.
Speaker 1: By the way, you do need a simply save home security system, you especially, do you know that. All right, let's go to Chucky Schumer. This is the Schumer shutdown, and it's getting interesting, and this is Schumer attacking the New York Times. This was maybe the funniest moment I've ever seen on the center floor of my lifetime.
Speaker 4: Now, when I know the leader is going to show a poll that says that Democrats will be blamed for the shutdown, there are many more polls that show Republicans are blamed. The question in that poll is biased, biased in the New York Times, but it's biased if you turned the question.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: I don't always believe the New York Times.
Speaker 1: You can be sure of that, even you know, all good humor is rooted in the truth. I mean, for Shumer to claim that the New York Times is biased against Democrats. Is beyond laughable. But he tried to make that case. Now, let's take a trip down memory lane and let's play Chucky Schumer against government shutdowns over the years.
Speaker 4: It's sort of like this, someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage, and then says, let's negotiate over the price of your house. You know, we could do the same thing on immigration. We could we believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say we're shutting down the government. We're not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform. It would be governmental chaos. And what if I persuaded my cause to say I'm going to shut the government down, I am going to not pay our bills unless.
Speaker 2: I get my way.
Speaker 4: It's a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis. We're now only a week away from a government shutdown, which, to remind my colleagues, could cost our economy thousands of jobs and billions of dollars, as it did in twenty thirteen. I think a government shutdown is something we desperately want to avoid, all of us. I don't know if they can pass the three week bill. We would much prefer they do a full funding bill, but we're not going to shut the government down. Senator McConnell wanted me to negotiate the wall with President Trump. I said to him two things.
Speaker 2: First, it's not a.
Speaker 4: Negotiation, no wall. And second, I said, only you can persuade him that he shouldn't do the wall because it'll cause a government shutdown. The White House has done nothing but so chaos and confusion, division and disarray, and it may just lead to a government shutdown that no one wants that all of us here have been striving to avoid. And we do not want to let a Trump temper tantrum govern our policies or cause the shutdown of a government which everyone on both sides of the aisles knows is the wrong idea. Speaker McCarthy needs to stop letting the MAGA radicals drive his decisions and do the obvious and sensible thing, follow the Senate's lead and pass a bipartisan CR to prevent this reckless shutdown. CR means continue the government spending a shutdown. The alternative is cut off the government spending. And here's what we would what would happen if we cut off government spending. It would be devastation like we have never seen. We're saying now much.
Speaker 1: And now we find ourselves in the midst of the Schumer shutdown. Now, what changed? The only thing that has changed and changed dramatically is the radicalization of the Democratic Party. Chuck Schumer, like Hakem. Jeffries, is leader in name only. He's not a leader. He doesn't have control of his caucus, and he is scared to death of the radicals that dominate his party and that they are insisting that the government shut down. So everything he's ever stood for, every position he's ever taken as it relates to government shutdowns, is now turned upside down on its head. And it just reeks of nothing but Schumer hypocrisy because he's got to give in to the radicals and his party and he's got to do what they tell him to do. Otherwise he's so desperate he still wants to cling to his personal, blind political ambition that will transcend any desire to simply do what he believes is right.
Speaker 2: And that's the difference. That's what has changed. Now.
Speaker 1: Our friend Senator Haggerty, who we like a lot on this program, put out an ex post and said Republicans are committed to keeping the government open with a clean, r short term funding bill, radical left Democrats and an a tempt to get a ridiculous Democrats now are asking for one point five trillion dollars for a seven week continuing resolution one point five trillion and a wish list of liberal priorities, and they've now shut down the government. That's why it's the Schumer shutdown.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: As far as I'm concerned, I don't care how long it goes on. I feel sorry for the people that won't get their paychecks that probably won't happen till mid October. I would expect this is going to extend out, probably until then, that's my best guess. And I think Democrats are just you know, they've they've now they've now cornered themselves and getting out of this hole they've dug is going to be nearly impossible.
Speaker 2: Uh. And this may go on for a while.
Speaker 1: But if they think they get one point five trillion dollars for the insane policies that they're demanding out of Donald Trump, they don't know Donald Trump, nor do they know the Republican Caucus. Right now, it's not going to happen anyway. Senator Bill Haggerty of Tennessee joins us, sir, how are you welcome back?
Speaker 2: Glad to have you.
Speaker 5: I'm great, Seawan, It's good to be back with you as well. An interesting time. Indeed, you did a wonderful job. That collage or trux humor statements was just fascinating. And to hear him but they play victim to the New York Times bias, that was just.
Speaker 1: Too rich to That was maybe one of the best moments I've ever seen on the Center floor.
Speaker 5: I was on the floor when it happened. We all just just cracked up to hear him say that.
Speaker 1: But it gets back to, by the way, when even when he started laughing because he knows it's complete bs true.
Speaker 5: It's so true. He was laughing as well. You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about how we got here, what they're demanding, and why it's not going to happen, and how this gets resolved eventually.
Speaker 5: You know, I think you hit the nail on the head. Their party has changed dramatically. I would just add one more thing to it. The party certainly is being run by the radicals, and the radical left and the Democratic side. But the elect dynamics in New York State have also changed, and if you look at the polling, you've got a situation where Chuck Schumer would be defeated today by AOC. We're a primary election to be held. What Chuck Schumer is trying to do, and I think this is the root of the hypocracy, is he views this as a test of his political manhood and if he doesn't step up, he allows if he doesn't shut the government down, I should say, then he's going to allow AOC. And the radical left claim that he's taken a knee to Trump, he's bowing to Trump, he's caving to Trump. That's the argument that he's trying to avoid, and he's paining himself into a corner in the process. So they found themselves in an impossible situation. This is certainly not helping anybody. You heard him go through all the reasons not to shut the government down, Yet here we are, because this is political theater, just so Chuck Schumer again can demonstrate his political manhood to the far far left.
Speaker 3: Of his party.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't really see how they get out of this, except that at some point they're going to have to capitulate. The reason I think it goes on through mid mid October. Correct me if I'm wrong, is that the payments to the military of other government employees, uh, that will that money, those moneys will go out forthwith and then the next the first payment that they miss will be in mid October.
Speaker 2: Is that about the right timing.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's certainly what I would put an outer boundary on this Sean. I think that's that's exactly the right way to think about it. But there's going to be more intermediate pain. I think the issue here is that Chuck Schumer is also precipitating the acceleration of a much needed reduction in force of the federal government. President Trump has been limited by lawsuits and by HR rules. Those limitations go away in the shutdown. President Trump has much more power to terminate programs the taxpayer should be funding, to eliminate jobs that shouldn't be paid for, and that precipitation is the result of Chuck's humors. Moved last night to shut the government down. Russ Votas instructed the departments and agencies to go ahead and have their list ready and to start pulling the trigger. So I think what you're going to start seeing is programs terminated, positions terminated that aren't relevant anymore, and that's going to have the effect of dramatically accelerating the reduction and size of government the President Trump ran on. So President Trump wins either way, is a brilliant negotiator. This is where we are, and Chuck Schumer loses either way.
Speaker 1: What you're saying is is that this now opens the door in many ways to DOSEE two point zero and provides the president with an opportunity to eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy in Washington.
Speaker 5: Then go, you nailed it. That's exactly what's going to happen as well. And Chuck Schumer holds himself out as the defender of the bureaucracy, but he's the one that actually unleashed the knife.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, that's not necessarily the worst thing in the world. Do you have a timetable on this. I mean, you're in the cloak room, You're talking to Democratic senators.
Speaker 2: What are they saying to you?
Speaker 5: Well, I think there's a lot of frustration on the Democrats side that they see Chuck doing this. I think they realize that it's suicidal, but it has a lot more to do, I think with New York state politics, with his concerns about AOC potentially primary him, and as I said earlier, were that race to happen today, AOC would beat him. That's where the radical left has moved that whole party, and as you said, that Democrat party has changed. This is a reflection of that. But trying to hold the nation hostage the way Chuck Schumer is doing this right now is not going to work. The ridiculous request a trillion, a trillion and a half dollars keep the government open for seven weeks while we go through the appropriations process. It's absolutely insane. So this sort of blackmail will not work as a dead infratrumer, and we'll see how long you last.
Speaker 1: All right, Senator Bill Haggerty of Tennessee. We appreciate your time, sir, as always, thank you for being with us.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sean always ready to be with you. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn is a number you want to be a part of the program. We'll get to your calls coming up momentarily. I want to remind you about a way to communicate that let me tell you something is reliable, more reliable than any cell phone service. And the beauty is you don't pay any monthly subscription at all whatsoever. Remember as a kid, we all love walkie talkies. They were fun, they were fun to play with. Imagine industrial strength walkie talkies that are on a nationwide lt network that allows you to communicate with job sites. You know those job sites get louder. You don't have cell service. You need to stay in touch with your team. You need a line of communications that won't quit. That's what rapid radios will give you. It'll keep your crew. We do use it here on the Hannity Show, Connected and crews on construction sites and warehouses across campus grounds. No delays, you get Chris reliable talk. With the push of a button. You have a group chats, private calls, a battery life that goes on for days and days. Whether you're the foremant of security to field staff that you need to be in touch with Rapid radios. We'll get the job done, fast response, one touch connection, and it's built for work. You just press talk, no monthly fee, nationwide LTE network. They're durable, they're preprogrammed, They're built for moments when connection really really matters. It's great to stay in touch with elderly relatives, your children, and you'll love this technology. You'll be glad you had it, and you'll save money over time. Just go to rapid radios dot com today, stay close, stay connected, and it should be easy and with rapid Radios it is. Rapid radios dot com today.
Speaker 3: Up next our final roundup and information Overload hours