Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Timstetek along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. With us is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Alexandra Semonova. Alex what is on your radar?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, Well, it is all about Qualcom today. The company is trying to break into the market for AI accelerators, which are used to create and run artificial intelligence models. This is the very segment that transformed the semiconductor industry and made Nvidia a household name. So Qualcom here is trying to challenge Nvidia. Shares at some point today rose as much as twenty two percent. The stock is up about thirteen percent right now. The company's new AI two hundred lineup will start shipping next year. It already has a customer Saudi Arabia's AI startups humane and certainly an enthusiastic reaction today from investors, but Bloomberg Intelligence analysts say that it is too soon to call this a serious challenge to Anyvidia obviously, it's a behemoth, very hard to compete with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was at more than twenty percent. Now just about a twelve percent game, So the excitement still avoiding. But yeah, exactly. Let's go to Lululemon. What's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very upbeat news for them today, given the tough year that they've had. They entered in agreement with the National Football League as well as Sports Merchandise or Fanatics, to develop a lineup of a fan apparel. This comes as the retail retailer searches for new ways of growth. The line includes clothes for all thirty two NFL teams and will be sold through the NFL and Fanatics shops. The merchandise will include things like hoodies and other core products across Lululemon's key lines. The company shares are up, but looks like about two percent right now. It was down those fifty three percent this year through Friday.
Speaker 4: So this is going after women because I know that they've talked about women buying a lot of jerseys and so on and so forth.
Speaker 3: This meticular lineup but doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be like yoga pants with like you know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we'll have to see. I'm trying to understand what They're a lot of fun if they know what's good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the folks over at Lulu are listening. Carroll and I come up with some new ideas.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Carol Max custom custom products for Carol sarcasm.
Speaker 1: Thanks very much, buddy.
Speaker 4: This next name, I was kind of surprised, but it is like a top gainer in the major industries.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: There is nothing like some private financing to come to the rescue. Currag Doctor Pepper is raising seven billion dollars from Apollo and KKR to help fund its acquisition of JD. E. Pete that's the maker of Pete's Coffee and some other brands. This is meant to ease some of the investor concerns that they had around the company taking on too much debt. A Wall Street had expressed a lot of disappointment over Kurrag's August announcement to buy the Dutch Coffee Company for about eighteen billion dollars, so this is alleviating some of those concerns. The stock had increased as much as ten percent, again, pairing some of that gain about seven percent right now and it's had a really rough run up until.
Speaker 2: Today the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.