Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and now he arms Did anybody else walk into work.
Speaker 2: With a fiddle? Today? Did you.
Speaker 3: Live from Studio C Season R, a dimly lit room deeper in the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound on a little Friday.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday. It's the last show of the year.
Speaker 3: Really, we got our clips of the year show tomorrow, but it's the last pre flowing show.
Speaker 2: And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager, the President. I guess why's the president's general manager? Because he gave a big speech. He was yelling at me. I would argue with the word big. I don't I don't like I'm yelling at me. He was yelling at me. I'd argue with the word big. It was a primetime address, Jack was it? It's the matter with you?
Speaker 3: That's right right there in the middle of the primetime he addressed us. How is that a term that has any meaning primetime television? I don't think it probably does not, really, no, because all the meaning was built around this is when the most watched shows were on in the evening.
Speaker 2: But between dinner and bedtime.
Speaker 3: But nobody watches shows when they're on anymore, like nobody, So I don't know if that's a term, that's an anachronistic term.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suppose it's a fairly convenient time for most people to watch it live if they had the inclination.
Speaker 2: If there's a sporting event on or something like that, well sure, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: For instance, they're a presidential address, I didn't watch. Yeah, I forgot what was happening. And I do this for a living. Well, you know, we'll remember this tomorrow. Nobody so well, in spite of that, we've got hours of analysis of the president's aggressive speech.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll put in my earbuds and listen to the Taylor Swift CD.
Speaker 2: I did hear. And this kind of fits in with what I just brought up.
Speaker 3: The Oscars announced starting in a couple of years, it's no longer going to be on television, it's going to be on YouTube. And I can't tell if that's a recognition that it's over and nobody cares anymore, or if that's just like being modern and cool and moving over to the platform where everybody is. I don't know if that would be a good means that it's on YouTube, you know, it'd be a good publicity stunt. You see this once in a while. I remember there have been like concerts and stuff that are like a nationwide simulcast in theaters. Mm hmm. Tell you what, Hollywood, you can have that for free. I'd appreciate an invite maybe to the ceremony, but I can't go because y'all sicking me, all sicking me. Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Uh oh, the changing nature of media. That was our theme there, and uh wasn't How would you so if the oscars are on YouTube, you would go to YouTube and then there'd be a live something there'd yeah, live.
Speaker 2: Stream and then you could watch it later.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Yeah, okay, we're going to be on YouTube starting next year, right, I believe?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that is that a secret in some form? And I don't think so. I don't know how it could be a secret.
Speaker 3: We're using our own money to buy cameras, so it feel like if I use my own money to buy something, I can say whatever the hell I want.
Speaker 2: Well, oh, I thought you were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't give a crap what anybody thanks for us, And I can't imagine why we would want to keep it secret right others than you know we we we give a date and then keep failing to meet it, because that could happen this. Michael, you have a question about us being on YouTube starting in twenty six a time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we have time to get the holiday weight off, because I.
Speaker 3: Just that's a good question. We don't want to start at jan five when we come back. Let's wait till we get that holiday weight off. Well, we've invested a good five six million dollars in CGI, Michael, so I myself will be looking like a Hemsworth when we debut, so we can craft whatever look you like for you. Seriously, I know people that use filters, and I'm familiar with the filters you use, like if you take a picture if you want to do something, but I don't know how people do it on video, but they do where you just you look thinner on your video, and we got to do that. Why wouldn't we whatever, Why wouldn't we handsome ourselves up a little bit lit? You know, little eye candy, go go go right ahead, I'm not sure what good that would do. I can't imagine. Do we need to start dressing better when I mean I wear a suit to work a lot anyway.
Speaker 2: But when we're going to be on YouTube and the next year.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to discuss it. I don't care about the clothing or anything like that. I care about the lighting. I hate that washed out looks like you're doing it from your basement in nineteen seventy eight. Look that sometimes you get with videos, right, but you insist on working in the dark, nos Feratu, So I'm not sure what sort of lighting you will consent to.
Speaker 2: Very dark.
Speaker 3: I want people to barely people to tell us a person there, like a hostage tape, fair enough, like when sixty minutes has somebody on and trying to conceal their identity.
Speaker 2: That's what I want. Like my video feed to look like beautiful. Yeah, like I said, I'm willing to discuss it. I don't you know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There are people making zillions of dollars in T shirts on your video and stuff, and I don't know why you do that, though I mean I know people do, I just I don't know why you'd go.
Speaker 2: Out of your way to look as horrible as possible.
Speaker 3: I mean, Joe Rogan makes a gazillion dollars, but I feel like he goes out not.
Speaker 2: A blood stained T shirt horrible.
Speaker 3: He feels like he seems like he goes out of his way to look like he just changed the oil in his car before he walked into work. I think that's part of his thing, need not be part of our thing. I'm just saying. I think is every he's every man, average guy, just said er talking to folks. The lighting on his show is horrible, and he's got endless money to spend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: Obviously doesn't care and it seems to work for him.
Speaker 2: So we're raising money for scouting this week.
Speaker 3: You know that, if you've been listening, we're trying to hit one hundred thousand dollars. We clearly need to up our goal, which I'm happy to do because we're going to hit that this hour, I hope, and we'll get to some of the funny donations that came in since we got off the air yesterday. But we got a couple of fun stunts planned, some cunning stunts, yes, that we have planned for the show that include playing motivators. I call them Joe playing the trombone, me playing the fiddle on Christmas songs until we get a certain amount of money. We get these instruments out once per year. I know we've asked you nicely. Now we're gonna have to get tough, right, and then I think we should give this away because it's just it's funny. Katie is going to later. We've done many incarnations of this. Way back in the day. Our crazy producer who's now dead, thank god, because he's a bad person, Dominic. He used to sing show tunes and we'd like have him sing show tunes and until he raised you know, ten thousand dollars or something like that, and he loved singing show tunes.
Speaker 2: Man, he would built him out. He was evil, but he was talented.
Speaker 3: No doubt, very very talented, positive sean or old producer. He would discuss video games until he reached a certain amount.
Speaker 2: Oh that was torturous.
Speaker 3: And I think her planing today is Katie is going to read the legal language of licensing agreements that everybody clicks I agree on the terms of use, because he got no choice to do anything. She's going to read those until we reach a certain amount of money later, so that'll be in the right. That's a punishing thing. I'm actually kind of interested in hearing some of that, since I never read them. Your eyes look gloss over, and you will cease comprehending it a sentence and a half.
Speaker 2: In no kidding, that's how they get him.
Speaker 3: We'll get to why you should donate the scouting and and where we are and all that sort of stuff a little bit later, and we do have some news of the day, we should start the show officially. Yes, your mouth, you know it's It's just he could tell by the look on my face. It just occurred to me. We should have an on air meeting about what look we should present for the YouTube thing. We should talk about it, I mean, because there it occurs to me. All right, look, what's our thing. We're both reasonable guys, Midwestern guys. We just we don't particularly like being bamboozled. We're not so tribal, our sides always right, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: We're reasonable. I think that's.
Speaker 3: More or less our image. Any any dissent in a comment to feel free, anybody can jump in. Yeah, obviously, So you know there's nothing wrong with looking nice, because if you look nice, you can act like a clown. But if you look like a clown, you'll never get the perception of you know, your you're a respectable person.
Speaker 2: That's always been our philosophy, Katie.
Speaker 3: Through the years, We've always shown up to events looking really nice, because then we can be jackasses and we get away with it. There's also you just I think you get taken more seriously immediately if you look better. That's and I've been trying to convince my son of that, as he complains, sometimes they followed me around the storeline when we're criminal. You know why you look like a criminal. You dress exactly like a criminal dresses. That's why they're following you around the store. To the math, I've just gott to figure out who do I admire? Who does a lot of stuff on camera? Neil Ferguson of the late Chris Hitchins, who went often went with the like nice dress shirt. He stopped wearing a couple of buttons and button. Well, that's when he got fat when he was younger. If you watch younger videos, he was off in mini suit. Yes, well he got too fat to button the top button. Yeah, there'll be no tie.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing a tie. But I wear a suit a lot of times. I don't.
Speaker 3: I suppose I'm not gonna change your way a dress at all. I wear a suit a lot of days and then some days I don't.
Speaker 2: So whatever I don't, that's probably the end of the thought I will put into that. Again. I'm more concerned about that. That's why we fail. Your lack of thought.
Speaker 3: I'm more concerned about the lighting and dim dimly lit, barely see me across the room. All right, let's not let's listen reporting live from the blackout.
Speaker 2: We have Jack Armstrong. Let's not put it all out there and horrified people. All right. I want to do that.
Speaker 3: Like the scandalous Vanity Fair pictures, that whole Susie Wilds interview. That's the other part we didn't talk about yesterday. The Vanity Fair intentionally made all the pictures make the members of the cabinet and staff look extra ugly.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know anything about that. I want to talk about that later. Hit piece, totally hit piece.
Speaker 3: I want to be like Blanche and street car named Desire, always over in the corner in the dark, trying to preserve our youthful look so people can't see how I've aged.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 3: He's Joe Getty on this it is Thursday, December eighteenth, he or twenty twenty five, where Armstrong in getting We approve of this program. Okay, let's begin officially then, according to FCC rules of regulations here, we are leaving into action at mark.
Speaker 2: Any wear red any red shirt but Charlie kirkshirt. Yes, oh yes, I know. Are you stupid?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Why the would you wear that? You're at work at Target? Your support a racist and it's not racist? Yes, So we.
Speaker 3: Talked about this yesterday. That might be the worst person in America. Certainly ranks up there. You're a horrible, horrible human being. Anyway, And it happened actually locally to us. It's become a giant national story that happened locally to us. We're huge in Chico where this happened. Yeah, I love Chico. Hey Chico. Yeah, this awful, awful, mean woman chewing out an obscene fashion and elderly Target worker because the worker dared to have a.
Speaker 2: T shirt on that had Charlie Kirk's name.
Speaker 3: On there and the woman who started dropping f bombs on a nice old lady working probably holiday shifts to make a little extra money. She posted this herself, so he was so certain she was on the right side of this topic, to make it so everybody could see how cool she is. Didn't quite work out that way for her. As the Internet gets its own revenge. We'll talk more about that coming up. Play the whole thing. If you haven't heard it, God, that got me all worked up hearing it again. I heard it yesterday.
Speaker 2: What a horrible human being.
Speaker 3: Well in the sweet old gal from Target who handled it as well as any human being possibly could. She has weighed in on the controversy, so we'll have that for you.
Speaker 2: And then there's a go fundme.
Speaker 3: For her, of course, because that's the way we have to do things at mont America. She should a financial losses what we got Katie's headlines on the way. If you want to donate to the Scouts before we get to our next update and go to Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: So love the funny names people come up with.
Speaker 3: The donate money to our causes every single year, and this year, trying to raise money for the scouts.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you more about that a little bit.
Speaker 3: But we got sixty five dollars from Adam Carolla's sink.
Speaker 2: Well you know that story. Enjoy it.
Speaker 3: But wow, Kudo's friend for that deep poll. Oh, we had at it. We interviewed Adam Caroll or we were on his show, or he was on our show, I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking to him about a book that I think he had coming out.
Speaker 3: He was on our show, and then he told a story on his show about how he was doing an interview with a couple of disjockeys or whatever and he had to urinate and he went over and urinated in the sink while he was doing the interview. And somebody was listening to our interview of him and was able to pick out the point where he did it well, because he got really distracted because he he peed on his shirt. As I recall, hmmm, that was last that. That was not a sign I like Adam Carol, but it was not a sign. That was not a sign of respect for us. Well, that was a sign of a full bladder. Wow, he's an older fellow. Listen, are you judging?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katy Green and Katie all.
Speaker 5: Right, Trump's truck Boo Take two. Trump's primetime speech. Is it the top of the list today NBC. Trump seeks to defend his economy in primetime speech to the nation USA Today. Trump plays the blame game in White House address and CNN fact JACKA Wow, I am having a rough time today CNN fact check. Trump repeats numerous false claims in primetime address.
Speaker 3: I want to go over some of the big newspapers in their coverage as well. The New York Times was more or less lying. Trump lies to nation as incompetent boob, yells at people and deflex blame. And then you got the New York Post who said Trump's used lots of charts. Yeah, And obviously if Joe Biden stands up there and does like most presidents do and says things that aren't true.
Speaker 2: They don't mention it in his case, right, of course.
Speaker 5: ABC inflation drops to lowest level in months, defying expectations of uptick.
Speaker 3: By the way, I just saw a poll quinnipiax out Democrats in Congress lowest approval they've ever had at eighteen percent, So there's lots of unpopularity to go around.
Speaker 5: Wow, from Wired, people are paying to get their chat bots high on drugs?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: There is an online marketplace that is selling codes that simulate the effects of cannabis, ketamine, cocaine, ayahuasca, and alcohol when they're uploaded into chat GPT.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that. I gotta admit to being a little curious about this. That's that's an insane idea. Now I am too. I don't know why you'd want to do that.
Speaker 3: I have to look into that story from the New York Post, Welcome to your steamy new holiday fetish, Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Santa Claus is a holiday fetish. These people are called Santaphiles. Oh are they?
Speaker 3: And there's three of them in the world And somebody did a story on it. Act like it's sweeping the nation. Straight out of your favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa Katie.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 5: From study Fines, screen Time officially tops chores as America's number one family fight.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt that a bit. I haven't. It's interesting.
Speaker 5: And finally, from the Babylon Bee Struggling Chiefs trade Taylor Swift for New It Girl Sydney Sweeney in a bid to save their season.
Speaker 3: I saw the other day it's the end of the Mahomes Kelsey era. Is that the idea that Kelsey's going to retire? Yeah, well there's a lot of speculation around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mahomes ain't going anywhere. You wouldn't think. We got some news of the day to catch you up on.
Speaker 3: We'll do another pitch in case you haven't heard of why donating to the Scouts is a really good idea. And we'll see where we can get today and where we are with the total and got some fun things planned for a little bit later. We're still on the cusp of going to war with Venezuela, it looks like. And I was kind of interested that the President didn't mention that at all last night. I thought maybe he would sell that policy a little bit in his address, but he didn't get into that at all.
Speaker 2: Just the economy. More on that coming up. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: It was just anounced that after fifty years, the Oscars will soon leave ABC an air on YouTube, So now you'll hear and the Oscar goes to and then have to watch the thirty second ads for.
Speaker 2: Royal Kingdom Save the King.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you think the Oscars on YouTube is strange, it has heard the Tonys are moving to OnlyFans.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So we're raising money this week with the idea that more kids will have access to Scouting as we can pay the.
Speaker 2: Fee of a couple hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: It takes a family to get their kid into scouting, and sometimes that's enough to keep you know, Yeah, I got a kid that you'd like to get into Scouting or they'd like to get into Scouting, and you don't have the money. So we're trying to come up with the money to cover that, and a lot of people donating. We got a donation a little bit ago from somebody who said, former Scout who joined the Marines, And it's quite common for people to have that track scouting to the military because there's a lot of similar sorts of things in there, serving your country, patriotism, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: And I really really like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And one of the things I noticed since my kid got into scouting is it's they try to teach it as a lifestyle, is like you're a Scout kind of like, you know, the way marines talk about always being a marine. You're a scout, and my son, I see my scout, and I've seen some of the other scouts that he's around act this way where my son's at home. I'm a scout, so I have to take the trash out. What else can I help you with that sort of thing? Oh, Whi's a sense of identity divorced from our perverse, you know, popular culture that comes with a duty and responsibility. It's just that's fantastic. And again, as I said, what other thing you got out there where they're saying the Pledge of Allegiance every week and putting up the US flag. That's kind of disappeared from from our life. Anyway, we'll talk more about scouting a little bit later. Just wanted to hit you with a total. Oh and so we had some whales come in since we got off the air yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, Michael Wales, I think off the starbow tis the pod a lot of Whalesjeez, a whole pot of whales.
Speaker 3: Sean Hansen, thanks for a thousand bucks, double Mousie, one thousand bucks. Jim Merriman, also a grand Brian Shannon came in with a grand and if we missed anybody, any of the whales, apologize.
Speaker 2: Those are some good numbers. And then some of you jokers out there, because I know how you are.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling the whales aren't doing it for a claim. I think they're fine. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, more than noticiated. Yes, no doubt may year blubber remain blubbery bleeding.
Speaker 2: From my ends and A contributed twenty five dollars. We had that worry. What caused that? Well, certainly ebola.
Speaker 3: No, we had a story just recently that it was some something caused like one of those bugs that's out that just got imported to the United States or something.
Speaker 2: There was something out there that caused that happened.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the monkey pox or the bird floor or the marmot fever.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: One of our favorites from yesterday was one hundred bucks Stomping the Joy out of Life, the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're going to try to really do less of that in the year twenty twenty six. Hell Return the Sausages donated one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Was that our clip of the year. Last year, it might have been.
Speaker 3: I think it wasn't it second place to Well, it may have been. I don't know, I can't remember. I'm really looking forward to this year's Clips of the Year show tomorrow, in particular, trying to figure out what is the clip of the year, because you know, it's such a whirlwind of things that happened, stories and clips and sound bites and all all year long. I've got to be reminded of what the heck we were talking about and laughing about. It's always fun. Yeah, that's tomorrow's show. Yeah, look forward to that. Corn Pop donated fifty bucks. Thank you, corn Pop. I ain't got time for that. In for one hundred kama is word salad dressing twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, it's tangy yet spicy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes no sense. That's pretty fantastic anyway, So let's get a total here on our way too. And I was on another radio station yesterday, very popular radio station.
Speaker 2: They had me on.
Speaker 3: It was very nice of them, as the host had recently been involved in an Eagle Scout ceremony, which I talked about yesterday. Those are just amazingly impressive, and he wanted to help out and I shot my mouth off with a new goal. Oh no, So we are currently at ninety eight hundred and fifty eight dollars and appreciate.
Speaker 2: That a lot.
Speaker 3: We had a goal this week of one hundred grand. I'm hoping we're going to meet that this hour. But I shot my mouth up with a goal yesterday of one hundred and fifty. We got to raise fifty thousand dollars during the show today, which I think we can with our contests and everything like that. And I'm just hoping that there's a lot of you out there that all week long have been Yeah, I'm going to do that. I'm going to do that. You just haven't gotten around to it yet. Get around to it. It takes just a couple of minutes. Go to Armstrong in getty dot com. End of speech for now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta create some sort of standard. What do your routinely spend for a dinner out?
Speaker 2: What are you spending coffee every week? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, whatever you think small amount tiff things are tight, or if you're having a great year and you got money laying around, you're looking for a good cause given kids, you know, role models and discipline and patriotism, all the stuff we've talked about.
Speaker 2: What a great thing to do. Anyway, I know it was going to be.
Speaker 3: A bit of a slog, and this is a transition into the economy and the president talking last night. Knew it was going to be a bit of a slog raising money based on all the polling around people's attitudes about the economy. And it's even worse. There's some new polls that came out yesterday and this morning. People are sour on the economy. It's gonna be really interesting to see where holidays spending lands as a total. Of course, you have to keep in mind that the top ten percent of income earners are spending half the money out there, so it's a little misleading.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm thinking let's go big on the president's address, big ish next hour, top next hour. Maybe got some interesting commentary and the contrast and coverage I have found very very amusing. But to your point, Jack, a couple of stories, the second of which is also very amusing. One of the headlines I've seen over and over again the Wall Street journals on it a lot, obviously, is office workers are filled with anxiety. Tuesday's job report an o'minous sign in the era of big corporate layoff announcements, chief executives warning that our artificial intelligence will replace workers.
Speaker 2: Overall, unemployment is ticked up.
Speaker 3: A lot of white collar not top of the heap, you know, z squite workers are getting laid off or are not getting hired. And a lot of folks are really really concerned. And that's no joke. That's not the amusing part. Obviously, nobody's quite sure where this is going to go. And that's AI related already. Indeed, yeah wow, yeah, and some of it now, a lot of it has not yet come home to roost. We're talking mostly about concern. There has been some actual layoff for halting and hiring based on a related AI. But just a couple more stats. Americans with bachelor's degrees are higher. This is asking them now. They put the average probability of losing their jobs in the next year at fifteen percent, which is up from eleven percent three years ago.
Speaker 2: Again, it's a perception thing.
Speaker 3: Workers in this group now think losing a job is more likely than those with less education.
Speaker 2: Do, a striking reversal from the past.
Speaker 3: And also they're growing more pessimistic about their ability to find a new job if they do get laid off. In that same survey, college educated workers say they have on average forty seven percent chance of finding a job in the next three months if they lost their job today, a little less than half, down from sixty percent three years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. It just anecdotally.
Speaker 3: I have someone in my life who does a forklift sort of thing in a big warehouse who said, AI ain't gonna be able to do what I do for quite a while. And I know somebody else in my life who's got kind of a cubical job, who thinks AI is going to be able to do what I do in like a month.
Speaker 2: So, in a related story.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal, with a very interesting and funny piece by Johanna Stern, who does a lot of their tech writing, we let AI run our office vending machine. Anthropics Claude ran a snack operation in the Wall Street Journal newsroom. Exactually, sure what that means? Are you about to tell us what that means? Precisely exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In mid November, I agreed to an experiment. Anthropic contested a vending machine powered by its clawed AI model in its own offices and asked whether we'd like to be the first outsiders to try new or supposedly smarter version Claudius. The customized version of the model would run the machine, ordering inventory, setting prices, responding to customers setting prices yeah via workplace the workplace chat app slack. Sure, I said it sounded fun. If nothing else, we'll have snacks, yeah, setting prices I imagine which are more or less geared to break even. I would think in an office setting anyway. So then came the chaos. Within days, Claudius had given away nearly all of its inventory for free, including a PlayStation five that had been talked into buying for marketing purposes.
Speaker 2: It ordered a live fish, it.
Speaker 3: Offered device stun guns, pepper spray, cigarettes, and underwear. Profits collapsed, newsroom morale sword uh yeah. So this was supposed to be the year of the AI agent, when autonomous software would go out into the world and do things for us. But two agents Claudius and it's overseeing CEO bots Seymour Cash. That's a that's really that's funny. It's dumb, but it's funny. Became a case study and how inadequate and easily distracted the software can be. Leave it to a business journalist to successfully stage the boardroom coup against an AI chief executive. So like, I'm running an insurance operation here and I decide to sign on claud and everything like that, in Claude says, the first thing we need to do is get a live fish. You know, why don't we devote a good long segment to this story later on?
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny, because yeah, well yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It is funny and interesting and kind of reveals, at least to some extent, the current state of AI systems, which all of us either are highly concerned about or ought to be also of concern. What do you get that loved one for Christmas who doesn't need stuff? We recommend strongly Omaha Steaks at Omaha Steakes dot com. Give them the gift of deliciousness. You can give them cash, but that's just a thumb on the eye. Let's just say I don't care about you at all. This means you care Omaha Steaks. You go to Omaha steaks dot com right now. Our listeners get an extra thirty five dollars off with the code Armstrong at check out. How awesome is that been eating? Omaha steaks for a long long time. I got a box full the other day to be sure that I'd be ready for the whole you knowoting through the holiday season, whether it's steaks for a nice meal or throwing burgers on the grill for something quick, whatever, every steak is perfectly aged to maximize tenderness and handcut by Master Butcher's in America's heartland. And seriously, the steaks, the burgers, the pork that the desserts are all just fantastic. Stay big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha stakes.
Speaker 2: Visit Omaha Steaks dot com and for.
Speaker 3: An extra thirty five bucks off, use that code armstrong at checkout terms plicy site for details, It's Omaha Steaks dot com.
Speaker 2: The promo code is armstrong.
Speaker 3: It's fun to mock the failures when AI fails, but just to keep it real. Joe and I were in a text conversation with a friend of the show yesterday, a very successful, smart guy who understands how to use the latest versions of Chat GPT, and it sure looked impressive the way of what he was getting out of it as a as an assistant to do his work. Yes those who process information in one way or another for a living. I think they can hear the footsteps behind them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that carry way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Talking with our friend yesterday and the way he was using AI, it was reminding me of the what's the CEO runs in video the most Valuable company in the world, Worston, Where's the cool tom Ford leather jackets. He says, you're only going to be replaced by AI if you don't jump on right now figuring out how to use AI. That's his claim. That's not exactly right, but there's some truth to it. You're better off like in engaging what is coming, whether you like it or not, and figuring out how to use it. Oh yeah, absolutely, No, I think that's really good advice. It's not one hundred percent accurate, but yeah, those who can use AI to the advantage of their company are they most likely to hang on to their gigs, clearly, But there's a lot of jobs that are going to be uh, that are gonna go away, Yes.
Speaker 2: Katie, Hey guys, Hey, guys, guys, I have a big announcement for you. Okay, you had your baby, yes, just now.
Speaker 5: No, we have finally passed one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now that's a big that's a big news with a total of one and sixty eight dollars. That's what I like Scouts.
Speaker 3: He had beautiful hair, came in with twenty bucks. Oh yes, in honor of the Daisy the Bulldog, five hundred and twenty five dollars. What's Daisy the bulldog? We had a story on that recently. I think was this just their own dog? And and here's my favorite, twenty five bucks from things are getting weird and they're getting weird fast, which I believe was our clip of the year or last year or the year before, because it's years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dang true, true things are getting weird and they can't wear it fast.
Speaker 3: Fits in with that whole AI conversation. And they've kept getting weird and they ain't gonna slow down getting weird anytime soon.
Speaker 2: We got we got.
Speaker 3: If you want to donate to the Scouts, go to on I'm strong in geddy dot com mail bag on the way. So, I don't know if you can hear this or how we're playing the do they know it's Christmas time at all? When they raised money for hungry Africa kids back in the eighties with the band Aid Christmas Song, which gets played a lot this time of year. And Joe brought up the idea the other day which I'd never really thought of before, the whole do they know it's Christmas time at all? No? No, And it's not because they're hungry. It's because they're Muslim exactly. Certainly large majorities are there.
Speaker 2: Which is fine. It's just suck the fun out of it.
Speaker 3: There are plenty of Christians in Africa are now being murdered by the Muslims. Yeah, but yeah, do they know it's Christmas? Well it might be vaguely aware of it, but they certainly don't care. They're Muslims. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day in honor of Glenn Beck interviewing AI George Washington, which actually was pretty darn good.
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, I mean, it's it's funny.
Speaker 3: The lefties criticized it as Glenn Beck interviewing Glenn Beck just having George Washington says you had shut up. I wish I had a sword right now anyway, not try to like the old general George Wood. The broadside of it. I'd give him a spanking with him. Anybody through I'm no murderer anyway. So here's my favorite quote from George Washington, and it offers a little more context than the form you usually hear it him. He was addressing the officers of the army in March of seventeen eighty three, as the war was winding down. He was actually responding to an anonymous petition which encouraged officers to protest if Congress did not provide the promised pay and pensions. And he told his troops that they had some valid points, that he supported his officers, but the author's proposed solution to mutiny was not the answer. And so the context was very, very serious, and he was defending the rights to defend themselves. He said, for if men are to be precluded from offering their sentiments on him, matter which may involve the most serious and alarming consequences that can invite the consideration of mankind, reason is of no use to us. The freedom of a speech may be taken away, and dumb and silent, we may be led like sheep to the slaughter.
Speaker 2: Woo. That's a heavy speech.
Speaker 3: So, as he was looking at mutiny, he said, freedom of de speech demands you be able to say how pissed off you are, and I support that. On the other hand, let's not be mutinying. But anyway, it's great speech from a great man mailbag.
Speaker 2: And the Internet didn't get a chance to clap back.
Speaker 3: Drump's note mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot Com. Mike on how we should dress when we're on YouTube supert impressions Joe and T shirt and jeans is the deep intellectual thinker type Jack in suits as the pie eater?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a little That sound unfair. The man has a love for pie.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean that is your being. Is he's the pie eater? Well, I'll have done in my life.
Speaker 2: That's dismissive. A parent's a citizen. It's all been reduced to the pie eater. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well you can't control your own legacy, just like Washington. He geta told you that, then he has slap you with his sword. Let's see Ryan in Houston. Always good to hear from Ryan. Thank you for another year. Well, your topics sometimes made me want to stick my head in the oven. The show has been a solid rock, has helped me keep going. Joe enjoyed the nog. You can read the newspaper through while you continue to be the cold warrior.
Speaker 2: I can't drink eggnog like that anymore. I just know.
Speaker 3: No, it's much milder than he used to be. Jack, be as fancy as you want to be. Thanks for showing how powerful a good single dad can be. Michael Angelo continued to be a national treasure. Katie enjoyed Jack Joe Mike Mike Hanson continued to be the world's leader of.
Speaker 2: Wacky a music.
Speaker 3: Don't lose the Fist in twenty six I have no idea what that means, don't lose the We were putting the fist back in sophistication. Oh that was our sl logan for a long time. We put the fist back in sophistication. Whatever that way that means. Sorry, quick a sip of coffee, let's see uh. Joel the Ocean Side Marine pointing out that remember, Gary Busey was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in the late eighties. Yeah, uh suffered. TBI became a staunch advocate of helmet laws, but had some real brain damage. And then he says his harmless social media post may bring him joy, So I say let him do it until he starts revealing his Social Security number of personal address. As a goose hunter, I appreciate him trying to attract birds from me.
Speaker 2: I B YJG. Keep honking if it brings you joy. Gary.
Speaker 3: I'd rather he does that than continues to masturbate on La Park benches allegedly, Joel, I think there was video.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what. I didn't have time to get to this.
Speaker 3: We've had we've had this company offer to dub our podcast in foreign languages. Yes, finally for foreign audiences, so we can become a global media power.
Speaker 2: Good for news for you, Bangladesh.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you missed a segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand, much more to come Armstrong and Getty