Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support.
Speaker 3: But enough with that, let's get to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 3: We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal?
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do many interesting things to get to you this morning. So we have all known that Biden and his team are in a bubble, but now we have some astonishing new reporting giving us some of the details, the color and the texture of that bubble that I think will find very interesting. Also taking a look at what's going on with Nvidia and asking the question, are we facing another crash allah the dot com bubble burst, So we'll look at that. Also on foreign policy, Russia making a new pact with North Korea? Where did this come from? What does it mean? Quite a next ordinary move. Meanwhile, the IDF spokesperson Daniel Hagari is rebuking BB directly and admitting that it is impossible to defeat Hamas, which has been their purported goal all the way along. So that's very interesting. We also have a mother of a Boeing seven thirty six seven thirty seven Max plane crash victim who went off on CNN.
Speaker 3: Against you, guys, a CEO.
Speaker 1: This is This woman is amazing and she is incredibly correct about everything she's saying. I'm taking a look at the vaunted humanitarian peer debacle. Sager is taking a look at the zin debacle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a black day for many of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, so lots to get to this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Before we get to that.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody who's been signing up premium subscriber. Our interview or my interview with a Candice Owen's dropped early. In general, that's what we do here. We've got the debate that's come or not a debate what does it? Counterpoints with Matt Tayibi that will come out early for premium subscribers today and then it will drop for the general public later on. So if he can support us Breakingpoints dot Com, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We do have a presidential debate coming up.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, that's right. Next we're going to presidential debate.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you want to participate, support us and our ability to do that, you're going to get some special features, et cetera, Breakingpoints dot Com.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the very latest with the Biden campaign. I want to start with CNN having their old pal Brian Stelter back on the air to provide us with a heaping dose of some Biden cope about why the public is viewing him as an old man. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 4: That's what we're seeing. That's what the Biden administration, the Biden campaign is so worried about right now. But made no mistake, they are worried about this. This is a real problem. This is not something made up fiction. The videos are oftentimes made up, but the problem is real. Because some of us have watch a forty minute speech by Biden, we see the full context. Other people only watch a five second clip, and that's going to be something that's going to I suspect follow Biden for the rest of this campaign.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I've also many of them make the extent to the extent that I can take watching a forty minute speech typically Biden on double speed. I think the conclusion that people come away with is even more dire than the short clips that get pulled.
Speaker 2: This is just pure White House regurgitated propaganda. And in fact, my friends who are on the White House Press Corps are the ones who are most concerned about Biden. They're like, dude, you don't even know the half of it in terms of the stuff that doesn't make it to the clips. This is something that you hear consistently from all of the people who are forced to And yeah, you and I are probably in the top point one percent of people who have to consume the vast majority of what this man does on a daily basis. And you know, even sticking with that, many of the things that make me cringe are not even the ones that go viral. You're sick, oh my, just watching this person on the stage. But this is the new media regurgitation of the White House line about cheap fakes quote unquote, A cheap fake is a video.
Speaker 3: I don't like that happens to show Biden.
Speaker 2: Looking really really old, like wandering off in the middle of the G seven being led away by Barack Obama. They can try and spin these things all they want, and it's really evident now that they're basically trying to imply that the videos themselves, as Stelter says, are fake.
Speaker 3: He wants you to believe they are fake. No, they are real.
Speaker 2: At the very least, you could say they are edited out of context.
Speaker 3: Show us the full context. We showed you the full context.
Speaker 1: It doesn't STI look good, Yeah, no matter which.
Speaker 3: Way that you spent it, that's right.
Speaker 1: The one they really objected to is the one where you know they're at the D Day Compederation and the paraschuoters are coming down. Is that what they're called parashooters, and everybody is like looking at this one guide Biden's like wandering off over here. Now, the clip of that that went viral that the Republicans were pushing it did zoom in on Biden, so you couldn't see there was anything else going on over here. We showed you the full one so you could see, and I think you probably also felt that it didn't look great, especially in the context of everything else. And here's the other thing, is like, all right, if he's so with it, like, put him out, give him some interviews, you know, let him take questions from the press. They very rarely do any of that. So tells you that his own circle realizes this is a problem, realizing he isn't ready to perform at that level. Although the level of delusion within that circle, the close circle of Biden aids, is apparently astounding. Let's put this up on the screen from Axios. Top Dems colon Biden has a losing strategy. Senior Democrats, including some of President Biden's aids, are increasingly dubious about his theory for victory November, which relies on voter concerns about January sixth, political violence, democracy, and Donald Trump's character. But Biden's core inner circle has not lost faith in that approach. They write the product of Biden and his longtime aid Mike Donellan that puts them on an island within much of the party about what will decide the election. Has polls consistently show Biden tied or behind, even after a slight bump following Trump's criminal conviction. Some of the details here are really extraordinary and just you guys know, I mean, it's no surprise Biden's been in politics a long time, and he has a very small handful of aids and confidence who've been with him for like decades. Who are the people he turns to and trust. If you aren't in that circle, then you basically you don't matter. And you also get from this that people are very nervous about bringing to Biden or that inner circle of aids any sort of bad news or dissenting voices because they worry they'll get shut out and or potentially even you know, let go. They just don't want to hear it. They believe things are gonna be fine. The lessons they took from the midterms and also from Biden's own primary victory, was to, you know, ignore the doubters. We know what we're doing, and that has really helped to seal in this very tight bubble. Let's put some of the quotes up here on this on the screen. This is a three. A DEM strategist in touch with the campaign told Axios it is unclear to many of us watching from the outside whether the president and his core team realize how dire the situation is right now, and whether they even have a plan to fix it. That is scary. Mike Donalan who we just mentioned, who was one of those top aids in the inner circle and has been for many, many years. He has reassured people that voters will quote do the right thing by rejecting Trump. Per a Biden aid who heard him say it. Joe Biden is a great president, and great presidents get re elected. Is another Biden, sorry, another common Donalin refrain. So that's the level of analysis we're dealing with here is don't worry. It's fine, we don't need to change course. It's all good.
Speaker 2: I really don't even know what to say. I mean when you look at some of the things here. For example, Donalin has argued January sixth will affect the twenty twenty four election as much as nine to eleven was central to two thousand and four. Quote the Democratic Party didn't want to believe it was a nine to eleven election. I decided after the election I would never be part of a campaign that didn't figure out with clarity what it wanted to say instead to it, well, you know he's working for the Biden campaign. What do you need to be smoking to believe that January sixth is relevant in any way like nine to eleven was to the two thousand and four election. It's also incredibly stupid to call it the nine to eleven election. It was not about nine to eleven. It was about Iraq, and it was about all of the Oran War on Terror nonsense that led up to it, which was directly relevant. In four when Americans went to the ballot box, American troops were dying in Iraq. We had a huge debate what the hell are we going to do now? John Carey was not particularly great on the issue of Iraq, part of the reason I think that he lost. But my point is just that in how is that possibly relevant in the same way that it is now?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's one where you could theoretically say democracy or whatever is at the top of the ballot and I don't want to watch that. I think it's possible. And more because Fox News just had a pull. It came out last night making big waves. It actually showed democracy quote unquote at the top of voter preference. Now, I would be very curious to see what the age of the people who are surveyed and asked about that. So yeah, for old people. I'm not going to deny that it's not important, but to say it is the important election where everyone from eighteen to eighty five it's all on the same page, which we were, i know, for not even close, not even close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's right. And one of the things that people are rightly pointing out in this Axios article is just that if the Biden team really took the wrong lessons from both twenty twenty and from twenty twenty two. So in twenty twenty, Biden's able to win the primary not because people were like, oh, he's got the right message and this is really our guy, but because there was a massive internal Democratic Party movement to coalesce around Biden as the only person who could possibly stop Bernie Sanders at that type at that time, orchestrated primarily by Barack Obama. I mean, we all remember how that worked. If that hadn't happened, Biden was getting his ass kicked. And that's pathetic. Given you were the previous vice president under Barack Obama, you did have this sort of like halo of goodwill around you. He was the logical successor. And if it wasn't for them, you know, Jim Clyburn coming in and Barack Obama coming in and everybody dropping out except for Elizabeth Warren at the right time in order to coll esce behind him. He was gonna lose to Bernie Sanders, who they all absolutely hated, so they, you know, instead of seeing that he saw it and his aid saw it as like, oh, we had the right message and voters chose us affirmatively, It's like, no, there were a lot of forces at work that had nothing to do with that. And then in twenty twenty two, the you know, campaign advisors and political big wigs or whoever they talked to for this article were saying, listen, the candidates we were running in twenty twenty two in the midterms, they were all running away from Biden. They were all trying to distance themselves from Joe Biden. So to take credit for you know, outperforming in the midterm is preposterous because part of why we were able to be successful is to the extent that strategy of being like that guy. We don't even barely know him. We're going to be different from Joe Biden. That's not our person. That's part of what was successful in Democrats, you know, doing well in the midterms. You can see that right now with the fact that Senate candidates are outperforming Joe Biden in every single contest in every single swing state. So they really got lucky with a lot of these things. But they think that they engineered all of this, and so that has given them this insane level of confidence that is absolutely crazy, you know, just speaking to the work environment here and again, and how they don't let in any dissenting voices from this consensus of like, it's all good and we got this, and Joe Biden's a great president, so of course he's going to get re elected, they say in the article. People close to the president told Axios they worry about raising concerns in meetings because Biden's group of longtime loyal aids can exile dissenters.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: Even for those close to the center, there is a hesitant to raise skepticism or doubt about the current path for fear of being viewed as disloyal. A person in Biden's orbit told Axios, there is not a discussion that a change of course is needed. So not only have they decided on this change of course, they have committed to this course. They have committed to this course, and they are locking the doors and stealing the gates to make sure that no other viewpoint gets in whatsoever. It really is pretty astonishing. Now it is important to note the Fox News poll which showed, as Sager mentioned that you know, democracy is a top concern there, even above it was above the economy, right, Economy, I think was number two after that and something else. It was like stability.
Speaker 3: I have it in front of me.
Speaker 2: So future democracy extremely important to twenty twenty votes.
Speaker 3: Sixty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Economy is sixty six percent, stability, normalcy fifty eight, immigration fifty two, healthcare fifty two, then abortion and then guns. So if we combine future democracy, stability, and normalcy, look, this is I want everyone to be clear here on the show, nobody is like Biden is going to lose one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I have nobody here.
Speaker 2: On this show will ever say that. Nobody will even allow anyone to say that unchallenged. And it's because of this X factor. I will not erase it or look past it or undercount it after the twenty twenty two election. And I want everybody to have their eyes wide open going into this and create a reference accepted. My point is just that whenever we look at what is happening here with the election.
Speaker 3: If you were.
Speaker 2: Biden, why would you not be doing everything in your power to actually get this done? And he is betting it all very much in the same way they did twenty twenty, very arrogantly thinking he could and he almost lost. I mean, we're answer we were like a we were Trump endorsing mail in balloting a week before the election away from him winning the entire election. We were Trump, you know, overriding Mitch McConnell and sending out those two thousand dollars stimulus checks.
Speaker 3: From winning the entire election. Like we can't just forget that.
Speaker 2: Things turn like so oh sharply, and he's just acting like that isn't.
Speaker 1: Happening, right, Yeah, they act like they won in a landslide and it was because of some brilliant strategy. When one of the quotes in here is Joe Biden didn't win in twenty twenty Donald Trump lost, right, And I think that is a much more accurate way to look at it. Through some really obvious and devastating errors, I mean, the handling of COVID being the overarching theme. But you're right just on these couple of little decisions, the decision to reject mail in balloting alone probably change the results of that election. Last thing to put up on the screen here. So on the one hand, you have the Fox News pole that actually shows not just that issue set that looks good for Joe Biden, him surging into a small lead over Donald Trump for the first time in a number of months in that poll, significant shift in favor of him, just you know, visa VI the Fox News poll. Take that for what it's worth. On the other hand, but this last a five up on the screen here. Trump is currently beating Biden in a lot of the polls, and I think the average of polls despite the fact Trump's campaign has aired no as in May none well, Biden's campaign has been flooding swing states with their ads. So as of late May, they say Biden campaign was airing thirteen point six million dollars worth of ads. Trump campaign had yet to spend a penny on TV spots, according to the wesley On Media Project. Now that doesn't mean there are no pro Trump ads airing in the US. Outside group supporter of the candidate have bought eight million dollars in ads. But even when you factor in such spending, pro Biden ads have been out numbering pro Trump ads by slightly more than two to one, So even with a you know what, is still a significant fundraising advantage, although that gap is rapidly closing, even with a massive ad spend advantage. At this point, Biden is either you know, tied or behind Donald Trump in national polls, and certainly when you look at swing state pulling, the position for Biden tends to look even worse. So not a great place to be in as we head into like the summer and you know, then into the really prime time. I'm part of this campaign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and look, how is it going to work out?
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone to just say that, you know, either is in a total favor. The five thirty eight average right now is Trump wins fifty times out of one hundred and Biden wins forty nine of one hundred, where genuine, yeah, let's see, oh less than one in one hundred chants of no electoral college winner. Actually was looking at that, it would mean that it would be two sixty nine, two sixty nine. So what it would be is Trump would win Georgia or he would lose. He would win Wisconsin. He would win Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. He would lose Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada, or no, he would win Nevada, but Biden would somehow win that likes one the one, or maybe Trump would have won it, but anyway, that would put.
Speaker 3: It sixty nine to two sixty nine.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that'd be kind of fun because they would be thrown to the House of Representatives. What was it called contingent election? Is that what we decided? Contingent election, which we haven't seen in a very very I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure the history buff and youo go wild without I would need to.
Speaker 3: Read a lot of books.
Speaker 2: I think is eighteen seventy six The Corrupt Bargain or whatever it was called with Rutherford Behayes. Anyway, it's been a long time since we've seen anything like that. But as of things right now, it is a genuine toss up. If I was Biden, there's no reason that I wouldn't be working to try and make it sixty out of one hundred sixty. I mean, remember, Hillary had a two thirds chance according to the polls, of winning in twenty sixty and she lost. A coin toss is not where I want to be if I'm running for president, but when you're this old, that's probably the best thing you can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the thing with Biden that I'm increasingly realizing as we look at his domestic policy, as we look at his foreign policy, I think this will be relevant when we talk about Russia and North Korea and the mistakes and the missteps that the Biden administration has made that have led us to this place. He is locked in a paradigm of the world that is like twenty forty years outdated, and because of his age that there's just no shifting it. And it's also the case with you know, how he runs this operation, like this is how he's been These are the people he's comfortable with, this is the circle, this is who we trust, this is how you know, this is who he's going to go to for guidance, and there's just no changing that. At this point. It's ossified. It's locked in. And so you know, I think that's reflected when you see and by the way, a lot of these people that he really trusts are also pretty old.
Speaker 2: So isn't Tom Donald and like Mike Donloge or sorry, Mike Donald, isn't he like eighty plus or something like that.
Speaker 1: He's quite let me look, let me but he's not he's not young.
Speaker 3: All right, what do we got he's six sixty five? Is he spring chicken?
Speaker 1: Things like he's going to be just qualified.
Speaker 3: For Social Security? I apologize, Mike. It's not like you don't have forty year old children or whatever.
Speaker 1: You yeah, okay, in any case. Yeah, So I think that is part of why there is such a stubborn reluctance to hear anything outside of everything's got we got this. The polls are wrong. Don't worry about it, sir. You're you've been a great president. And I promise you, sir, you've got no problem. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really am just praying. I want a shake up so badly. And this is the problem problem with Trump. You know Trump.
Speaker 2: I saw him sit for a Time magazine interview, and even some of his supporters are like, why.
Speaker 3: Is he doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, guys, because he's literally a child of the seventies and the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah he right.
Speaker 2: Time They're like, oh, Time magazine. People like me are like, what the Time magazine? You mean the one that had the shitty Time for kids in the two thousands and then when bankrupt or whatever. It's like, but in their head, they're like, oh, Henry Loose, you know, like magazine, Time, magazine. That's the generation that they come from. So that's what they revere. If you were you know, if somebody come for me, and let's say I was running for president like ten years now or whatever, They're like, Oh, the Nilk boys want to have you on. I'm like, okay, all right, that actually means something to me, you know, like that actually is like a huge platform or something like that. But these guys, they're just they're totally locked in. I guess Trump, to his credit, he will sit with Logan, Paul or whatever. But you know the rest of them, he doesn't understand though, the same power. He does it because his advisors toe him too. He doesn't have the actual reference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he still has the love for the New York Times. Yeah, they cannot get away from it. I mean, think about Joe Biden and the columnists that he loves. Trust Car, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Guys have been on TV or writing in politics and have been wrong since I was a small child. When I was coming up, I used to read them and be like, these guys are idiots. And I'm thinking this when I'm what fifteen years old, and now it's been twenty years almost, and they're still doing the same job, and they're still wrong in the same positions, and Biden is like, oh, like praying and inviting them, Yeah to whites, man, what do you think for Reid?
Speaker 3: Tell me what to do well?
Speaker 1: I mean, in fairness, he is crushing it with the like Mike donalden age plus demographics, so you know, in terms of his campaign model that was honed in nineteen eighty five, he's crushing it.
Speaker 3: Kills me.
Speaker 1: It is looking increasingly likely that we could be facing an all out wore huge escalation between Israel and HESBLA. Yesterday, Emily and I told you about some of the provocations from Israel talking about all out war, talking about how they've already developed a quote unquote operational plan. Now we have some new updates from the HESWLA side. Let's put this up on the screen. So this is from a Reuter's reporter who says these alerts are heading Reuter's wire right now. Lebanon's HESBELA chief said, Hassan Estralla says nowhere in Israel will be safe from groups attacks in case of war, including targets in the Mediterranean. Hezbel Ahead also says if war is imposed on Lebanon, the group will fight with no rules, no ceilings, and saying that Cyprus allowing Israel use of its airports means that it has become a part of the war and that Hesbela will deal with it as such that you know, potentially having the possibility of drawing a part of the EU into this war as well. And I mean we've been seeing this potentially coming for a while because basically there aren't a lot of parts of the Gaza strip left to destroy. You know, they started in the north, they moved down to the center, now they're in the south in Rafa. That annihilation will be complete imminently. And bb Nan Yahoo still has the same logic of how do I keep this war going as long as I possibly can. He also has a secondary logic of how can I also get the US directly involved on our side in this possible war against Hesbela. And already there's been you know, back and forth sort of tit for tat attacks. You also had yesterday that we brought you to Hesbela released drone fo footage that they were able to obtain of sensitive targets in Haifa in particular, sort of an acknowledgment of Hey, you think your iron dome is so incredible, Well, guess what we were able to get our drones past it. And if we can do that, guess what else we can do. The US had a somebody described as a senior advisor. But I've never heard of this do before, as Amos Hawkstein, have you know this person? A little bit envoy quote unquote Anyway, they had him in the region to supposedly try to ratchet down the tensions and talk them out of this all out war. That doesn't seem to have made a lick of difference. You will be unsurprised to learn since bb has learned very well at this point Biden isn't actually going to do anything besides tough conversations and little you know, mean leaks to the press, et cetera. More on that in a moment. But Sager, what do you make of these recent developments.
Speaker 2: It's terrifying because for these rallies they have, they are either delusional or their confidence is far higher than it should be considering.
Speaker 1: Their things are related, considering.
Speaker 3: Their performance in Gaza.
Speaker 2: A bunch of guys who basically just bomb first, ask questions later, have shown me no real like you know, actual like tactical proficiency. Not according to me, you can go and speak to people who are actually experts about this stuff. What in the world makes you think that you can take on Hezbolah, which is a genuine paramilitary force which has been training and actually engage in active combat, probably in some cases since before many of these IDF reservists are even born. They've fought through the entire Civil War. They are strapped better today than they ever have been in all of their history. Iran has every incentive to make sure that they have the most up to date weaponry. If you consider their rockets, you know, like these Hamas rockets versus the actual stuff that they have, it's you know, apples and orange is totally different. Their ability. I mean, already, even if you just look at death toll, there have been proportionately way more Israeli soldiers who were killed already from Hezbola fire than compared to anything proportionally with respect to how vulnerable they are with Hamas. It's also pretty clear here look Hesbola, they don't want to be involved in this, they said from the original October. After October seventh, they're like, look where they're posturing.
Speaker 3: But Nasralla was like, we're not getting involved in this. Now. The tit for tad.
Speaker 2: We bomb one here, they fire here, and anti tank missiles kill three d idea of soldiers, they kill twenty has Bulla guys in an air strike. And there's more fire that's happening. And now this war cabinet, you know, green lights things are very very dangerous because what does it mean, I mean, is the whole country of Lebanon. It would almost certainly also draw Iran much further into the into the war through this, I mean, they have it's complicated, but they at least have an understanding of a lot of mutual support. Then you know, us targets like you said, Cyprus, which thank god is not in NATO at least for now while these idiots are in charge, but it is in the European Union, so that would obviously, you know, be very significant. And I also shouldn't forget this, you know, this whole HOUTHI stuff. I mean, look at what the houthis are probably less sophisticated than Hezbola.
Speaker 3: They have shut down the Red Sea. Yea, So are we just all gonna forget about that?
Speaker 1: They just think another shit?
Speaker 2: Yes, And ninety one percent or whatever Red Sea traffic is down from October seventh.
Speaker 1: They've been rerouted.
Speaker 3: This has been a total failure.
Speaker 2: The US mission to clear the Red Sea has not worked because I think I even said this at the time, if you actually want to do this, you need to militarily occupy Yemen and actually secure the ground.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Let's not do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's not. By the way, I don't think we should. I think that's a better We have a better option.
Speaker 1: Well, the better option is to end Israel's assault on Gaza, because that is the root of all of these conflicts, and it's the reason who these are doing what they're doing. It's the reason that has well is doing what they're doing. The reason Iran did what they did is because of Israel's direct provocation attacking their embassy in Damascus. But all of these tensions and conflicts stem from one issue and really from one imperative, which has nothing to do with Israeli security at this point, and everything to do with BB Netan Yahoo and his political motives and incentives. I should add to that also the incredible manifest weakness and capacity for incredible capacity for humiliation on Joe Biden's part, specifically, I mean the hoosy thing you have. Recall we played his comments when they asked him, Hey, is this working? It's like no, but is it going to continue? Yes? It's like what are we doing? This is complete and utter insanity. So do you have confidence that these weak need idiots are going to be able to keep us out of a more direct engagement in this mess that has been created in the region. I certainly don't have that confidence. The other piece you know, that contributes in his important context with all of this is your recall. We covered BB put out that video where, in spite of the bear hug, in spite of Biden giving him everything he wants whenever he wants it, he stabs Biden in the back, puts out this video attacking him, claiming he's not getting the weapons and the AMMO that he wants when he wants it, and the Biden administration is reportedly they're baffled there. They're shocked by this, which is like, why are you shocked. BB want's Trump in office. He's happy to knife you like he's only operating for his own interest. You've demonstrated no capacity to check him whatsoever. So I don't know why you're surprised at this point. But even beyond that, now, instead of being like, well, screw you, then maybe we are gonna if you're gonna blame us for blocking shipments, like maybe we should go ahead and do that. Instead we're oh, no, no, We're sorry. We'll get you everything you want whenever you want to put this up on the screen. US Ambassador to Israel jacklu told Prime Minister nat Yahoo yesterday the m O and weapons the PM referred to, they're in the process of being delivered to Israel. Don't worry, guys, we promise. The other thing that is, I mean, I guess you either laugh or you cry. Is There were these typical reports, Oh, there's tough conversations and oh the Biden ministry just so mad about this video. They canceled a meeting that was going to happen, and I was like, oh, you canceled a meeting. Well now they're even denying that that ou No, we would never cancel a meeting we would never do that to the Israelis. Put this up on the screen. It's so embarrassing, just from the Times of Israel. US denies report it canceled talks in DC overnt Yaho's complaint of weapons. Hold up. Here's the White House official quote. They say, as we said in the briefing yesterday, we have no idea what the Prime Minister is talking about, but that's not a reason for rescheduling a meeting. We would never do something so brazen and so audacious as reschedule a meeting. It's just so pathetic. You literally can't even make it up. At those points.
Speaker 2: Ager it's crazy. They're like, wait, we would never do that, outrageous. It's like, wait, why not?
Speaker 1: And the other response was always such a pathetic response, Oh, you canceled a meeting. Ooh if you did, Oh you're gonna leave him on red on his test messages next time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it? You actually should. It wouldn't be a bad idea, just to show him whose boss. I mean, that's part of the other thing too.
Speaker 2: When you look at Bebie's video, on the one hand, you could be like, wow, you know he's calling out America. He has all the strength because the immediately he is like, no, we would never do that. On the other he's like, hey, you need to give us the weapons to finish the job.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? They don't have the weapons to finish the job.
Speaker 2: So you're like, wait, what what are we admitting here in terms of what the power relationship is?
Speaker 3: Who's paying for it?
Speaker 2: Because if you can't finish the job without American weapons, well, you're kind of validating a lot of the critics here in Washington, which is that this is bankrolled and almost one hundred percent enabled by the United States. So you you know, for all of those you who are out there, that's a very critical thing in your rhetorical quiver. You're like, he said it, he admitted it on tape. We need the weapons. There's no other way to do it.
Speaker 1: That is a great point, because I'm sure you guys have heard this argument. It's been made throughout like Israel's a sovereign What could Joe Biden even really do They're going to do what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Really turns out maybe we do have a little bit of power if we would want to use them, but of course we don't. Instead, we're apologized, Oh, I'm sorry, fine, maybe upset you bbe. There was one shipment of five hundred two thousand pound poems that was delayed. Okay, not even We're not going to send it delayed. And this is the meltdown that you get. It's just it's insane. But BB, every time that he seems to stand up to the US domestically, he benefits from that. So that's what he's doing here. Also, don't forget he's got his visit and his speech to Congress invited on a bipartisan basis that is upcoming. It's like, Democrats, this is the guy you invited to come and have this high honor of speaking to Congress, like congratulations. Because I don't know who you thought, BB Natanya who was Maybe you should go ask him as raelis who this man is and what he is capable of, because you seem to be completely in the dark about that. At the same time, this is extraordinary as well. Put this up on the screen. So the IDF spokesman, I know you've seen this guy, Daniel Hagari. He has REBUKEDNTNA who he is, admitting that defeating Hamas is impossible. Let me read you a good bit of this, he said in an interview with Channel thirteen News on Wednesday in Israel. That quote, the idea of destroying Hamas is simply throwing sand in the eyes of the public. In other words, if we're anyone who's saying that you can destroy Hamas, you're lying to the public. It's not possible. He goes on to say, Hamas is an idea, Hamas is a political party. It is rooted in the hearts of people. Whoever thinks we can eliminate Hamas is mistaken. Hamas is the Muslim brotherhood. It's been around for many, many years. What can be done is to develop something else to replace it, something that will make the population realize that someone else is distributing the food, someone else is taking public service, taking care of public services, to really weaken Hamas. This is the way. Now, none of what he's saying here requires a genius to see. This is very similar to things we've been saying since October seventh, right about the way you should actually approach this, and the idea that you're going to completely eliminate and destroy Hamas, and how that is complete impossible. That supposed goal has simply been used as a pretext and as cover for the campaign of utter devastation and destruction that has been wrought in the Gaza strip. And I'm not trying to give Daniel Hagari here any flowers for coming up with this notion at this point, but to see the idea of spokesperson you know, coming out and this directly rebuking BBNT Yahoo is quite significant in terms of Israeli domestic context. This also echoes things that you know, Benny Gants and others has said gans as he left the War Cabinet government, Let's go and put the next piece up on the screen. This is Bobe's response. He said on Wednesday that the Security Cabinet defined one of the worst goals as a destruction of Hamas's military and governing capabilities, and that the Israeli Army is of course obligated to this. Danieligari then came out and said, oh, yeah, of course we're going to do, you know, whatever you want us to do. But what do you make of this, You know, this acknowledgment in the Israeli press that BB's full of it. There's no defeating Hamas, no complete elimination of Hamas. That is not on the table, and by the way, implicitly in these comments too. You know, the way that we've approached this with just utter destruction and not supporting any sort of you know, aid delivery, certainly not bolstering any other group that could fill in in the governing capacity that Hamas has been fulfilling has been a dire mistake and a disaster.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't really matter what I make of it. The Israeli as usual, like this stuff doesn't even cross, like the blood brain barrier.
Speaker 3: It's like it's just left.
Speaker 2: It's left over there on Israeli soil, even though they write it in English, and then it's not even allowed to be discussed here. And that's part of what it drives me most insane about everything, is that when you read the Israeli Pressed in general, you almost get a more honest view of what is happening. You can even cite their own sources, but it won't matter because what Pastor Hagey said something different.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, that's the world we're living in, folks.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: Uh freaking you know, like those are the folks that really a pack. John Greenblatt over at the ADL, those are the folks who actually control all of our discourse around this foreign country. So as long as that's the case, it doesn't even matter what I make of it is obviously it's real. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. But it's almost doesn't matter. It almost doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 1: No, it is true, and it is such a great point that like, you know, if you or I say the whole how could you ar like most talking points blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But like this is signing me is really pressed, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Not just is really good the spokesman of the IDF doesn't matter. And in additional comments, he talked about how in that same interview, there is no military solution to getting the hostages back. The only way to get the hostages back is through negotiations, again, something that is completely clear and apparent from anyone who is watching this conflict and being remotely honest with themselves. But another thing that you know, people here pretend in the media, pretend not to understand and not to acknowledge, and they just you know, use the hostages as emotional manipulation to pretend that the war has to go on forever, when the hostage families themselves are saying, no, we want a deal to end the war and get our family and our loved ones back. We don't want them to be continually subjected by the way to IDF bombing, which one of the rescued hostages said was the thing that he was most afraid of when he was being held in captivity. So it's extraordinary to see the IDF spokesman admit things that you were really not allowed to admit in the context of the western media here in the US.
Speaker 3: Very true.
Speaker 1: At the same time, we wanted to bring you quite a remarkable interview with the mother of a woman her daughter died on that twenty nineteen Boeing seven thirty seven Max crash. This is in the context of the Boeing CEO John Calhoun was just called to the carpet in Congress testifying they're obviously Boeing in a heap of trouble of their own making for faulty designs and shoddy product and cutting corners at every turn with deadly and disastrous results. Did not go well for Calhoun in that hearing both parties really coming at him. Let's take a listen to CNN's set up here where you get a little taste of that testimony.
Speaker 6: David Calhoun. He struggled to answer questions during a Senate hearing, and he started off by apologizing to families of victims who were seated behind him in the room. They were holding up signs and pictures of their loved ones in those crashes.
Speaker 7: I would like to apologize on behalf of all of our boweing associates spread throughout the world, past and present, for your losses, Sir dot Richie and I apologize for the grief that we have caused, and I want you to know we are totally committed in their memory, the work and focus on safety for as long as long because we're employed by Boone. Oh again, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So I said, John is David Calhoun? Anyway you can see they're his apology, I'm sure very heartfelt apology to the family members of victims of his company's faulty, disastrous products. I don't think that they took that very well. And in fact, as I said before, this mom who lost her daughter on one of these plane crashes, Nadia Millern, she went on CNN and she gave it to him in no uncertain terms, incredibly detailed way even throw us in there. You know, hey, you're going to apologize for all the bombs you built that were dropped on innocent kids in Gaza. Let's take a listen to how that went.
Speaker 6: Nadia. I want to first say, I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, and I know that that loss is still fresh in your mind. You were there, You heard firsthand what Calhoun had to say. What did you think of that apology?
Speaker 5: It wasn't a real apology. So what he was doing is he doesn't want us to know the details of it, how it happened. So every time your loved one dies, especially in a crime, you deserve to know and you need to know how did it happen. So it happened through production defects, not just through faulty design. So the AOA sensor on the outside of the plane had a faulty electrical component which caused the AOA sensor not to feed the right information into mcast, which caused the plane to dive into the ground. So he doesn't want people to know that. He doesn't want people to know that they cut corners on production, They cut out inspectors and as a result, there are all these problems in these planes. So the planes that were produced then, the planes that are being produced now, they all have production defects, and these are showing up in real problems that pilots are facing.
Speaker 6: Do you think that he and others at Boeing should be criminally prosecuted?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? He lies constantly. He was lying in the hearing today. So he said that he didn't know what happened to the supervisors who were harassing whistleblowers. So, for example, John Barnett's family was all there. John Barnett supposedly committed suicide, but I definitely have a question about that. He supposedly committed suicide after seven years of harassment by Boeing in the supervisors around his whistle blowing. It was a constant, horrible situation for that person trying to call attention to production problems and defects, and that those supervisors are all fine. They all stayed in Boeing, some of them were promoted. He looked at me in the eye and he said I am sorry, And I said you are sorry? Are you sorry for the bombs Boeing produce that kill innocent kids in Ratha? Are you sorry for that too, Like, how can he sleep? This person is a psychopath. We cannot have people running these companies that do not care about human life. We have to have responsible people running these companies.
Speaker 1: God bless that woman. Man, she let loose. I'm sure CNN after that they were like, okay, anyway, yeah we got Brian when you were talking about your daughter and I were talking about gods that we got to move on. But you know, to hear that on CNN, I think is it is a remarkable I mean, to hear her call him a psychopath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to say.
Speaker 1: Out you're a liar, and yeah, you should be criminally prosecuted. And by the way, this isn't just about my daughter. It's about your immorality for building the bombs that get dropped on innocent kids in RAFA. She's one hundred percent correct in everything she said as well, because I thought the example she gave of, you know, the man who killed himself allegedly killed himself. What she says she has some questions about. I think we all have some questions about. But she says, hey, these supervisors who, if you believe he killed himself, bullied him basically into killing himself, like harassed him over years and years and years. You're pretending in your testament, Oh you don't know what happened to these I'm sure that some of them have been punished. No, they're fine. They're still alive and well and doing perfectly fine at your company. And meanwhile he's dead. So tell me what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Also, tell me.
Speaker 2: About your culture that happening right now. I'll have them add this in post. But the Boeing, actually, i'm not sure if you're aware, transported its very first astronauts to space. The problem is now they have to get them back. And oh, there's actually problems with the spacecraft that are right now. So I mean I'm reading directly and I've been following this now. There have been major quote helium leaks and thruster problems which have caused issues on the Boeing Starliner vehicle, which was supposed to compete with SpaceX. It was a major moment for the company. Starliner just launched. They carry two astronauts. Officials though from Boeing now say that the astronauts are supposed to return on June twenty sixth, but that there are now a major postponement that has had to happen. The astronauts will spend about twenty days now in space, more than double the eight days that they had originally planned.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: Starliner is pinned down by a series of helium leaks in the propulsion systems and now problems with several thrusters that are used to maneuver the vehicle. NASA apparently had been studying those issues before they permitted Starliner to attempt to leave the International Space Station with those two astronauts and return them to Earth. But obviously this is terrifying because this is the Boeing flagship space vehicle. It was supposed to be the SpaceX competitor to carry them. It's a major US military industrial supplier, you know, obviously they get preferential contracts.
Speaker 3: And all of this.
Speaker 2: And we're looking here at an aircraft that's cost hundreds of billions of dollars, all this taxpayer money, et cetera, and now two of our astronauts are literally stranded in space.
Speaker 3: Wow return And that's this is totally about. I know, the media is totally escaped on this one.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they're I don't know why they're ignoring it. I've been following you now for a couple of days. In the space community, people are going wild over this, like this is this is a really bad issue because this was already they were under contract to do six more flights right now to the International Space Station after this vehicle gets certified. But this is the very first flight of it actually carrying astronauts, and it's already into a problem.
Speaker 1: When you have a culture rife, enabled and encouraged around your company of profits for safety, lass cutting corners, you know, time is everything. Don't slow down if you need to, you know, get a new part. May because that one's faulty. You just put the faulty part in. That's what the type of thing that many whistleblowers at this point have testified to you can't even if they wanted to do this one right. Your culture is set. That is the environment that you've created. And so listen, personally, I'm afraid to get on a Boeing airplane. I can't imagine trusting my life on a freaking Boeing space shuttle. Are you kidding me? And then you know I'm about to talk about this, you know, peer debacle and how we can't. I mean, it's just a mess on every level. It's only been operable for literally ten days since it went into effect. Boeing is a critical part of our defense industrial base, and like you know, we're trusting a lot to these people, and we are giving them an unbelievable amount of taxpayer dollars. So it's just a disaster on every single level. It speaks to the culture and the enabling of an economy that's based around financialization, where all of the motives are around that dude, David Calhoun to get hit to juice his stocks, because that's what his compensation is, some forty million plus dollars a year, by the way, which has gone up over the past couple of years, which is also mind blowing. And he wouldn't answer a straight question when Josh Holly was asking about this, right, and the testimony wouldn't say how much he actually earns. But all the incentives around juicing that man's compensation, safety, public interest, anything else be damned, even the long term interest of the company be damned. Because he's not going to be there. He's actually leaving, and I'm sure he's got a nice tidy package as he heads out the door, basically being scapegoat of for what he deserves it. Don't get me wrong, but the problem is a lot bigger than just the CEO. It's an entire company wide, board wide issue at Boeing that they haven't even come close to scratching surface of dealing with.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, Crystal, what are you taking a look at?
Speaker 1: Humanitarian theater? That is how former USAID official Jeremy Kanandyke described the now infamous temporary Peer, constructed by the Biden administration with the supposed goal of increasing aid to starving Gosins, a that consistently sat at land border crossings blocked by our great friends and allies, the Israelis. But even as potentkin village style theater, the Peer has been such a catastrophe that it has even failed in the limited goal of providing the Biden administration with some sort of cover with Liberals to convince them that they actually care even the tiniest bit about Palestinian lives. The Peer has fallen apart multiple times, has led to injuries of service members charged with building and maintaining it. Its proximity to hostilities has put AID workers at further risk, and it has actually led to a decrease in the aid that is being delivered to starving Palestinians instead of theater. It has ended up a perfect symbol of the Biden administration's unique combination of incompetence, appetite for humiliation, and extraordinary evil. So here's the very latest part of the New York Times. US Peer for Gaza Aid is failing and could be dismantled early now. In this article they note that since its construction, the Peer has been operable a grand total of ten days. Ten days the rest of the time, they write, it was being repaired after rough seas, broken of heart, detached to avoid further damage, or pause because of security concerns. In fact, the Peer had to be dismantled once again this week over fears of quote rough waters. Didn't they know this thing was going to be in the Mediterranean Sea. Not that the Peer has mattered much in the limited days that it has actually been in operation. The administration had announced a goal of reaching one hundred and fifty trucks of aid dispatched from the Peer on a daily basis. On hundred and fifty trucks, that.
Speaker 3: Was the goal.
Speaker 1: Now this amount by the way would still be insufficient given the level of need across the Gaza strip, but they have not even come close to this sum. You ready for this. Apparently seven trucks of aid have been able to move from the Peer on average in the few days when it has actually been functioning. Steven Semilar over at Responsible Statecraft has more specific details on this pathetic trickle of assistance. Quote. Hardly any food from the Peer on the Gaza coast has actually reached starving gozzins since it became operational on May seventeen. The World Food Program said only fifteen trucks from the Peer reached its warehouse inside Gaza for distribution from May seventeen and eighteen, and that no aid at all came from the Peer from May nineteen through twenty one. The piece goes on to explain that the administration will paint a different picture, but they're lying. They like to talk about the tons of aid reaching the beach in Gaza, but they don't mention the fact that the overwhelming bulk of that aid stays on the beach rotting with no distribution mechanism in place. In fact, since the vaunted Peer was constructed, a distribution has dramatically plummeted to the lowest levels by far all year. You can see in this image here a near eighteen hundred pallets of food were delivered via Peer. Meanwhile, Israel's attacks on Rafa have led to the closure of that crossing, a devastating blow as Rafa had served as a key distribution access point. So not only has Biden done nothing to reopen that Rafa crossing or to otherwise increase AID flow. In truth, the peer serves to let the Israeli government off the hook of our amazing peer is magically solving the AID problem. Then the pressure is eased on bb to crack down on anti AID protesters, to reopen key crossings and stop the outrageous bureaucratic blocks that have intentionally left AID backed up at the borders. In addition, our involvement in the Israeli Hostage Rescue Mission SLASH massacre and the proximity of that operation to the Peer has exacerbated the problems with the peer and the problems with AID delivery in particular. Now the US has acknowledged a role in that massacre, but denies their Peer was used in the attack. However, civilian vehicles were used in the course of the operation, which we aided in and celebrated, increasing the risk for aid workers who have already been frequently targeted. In addition, an idea of helicopter used in the massacre was photographed right next to the Peer. The concerns were grave enough that the US felt the need to put out a statement chastising those engaged in what we called inaccurate social media allegations that the PEER was used for combat operations by the Eye. Yeah, the World Food Program announced they would be suspending aid distribution from the Peer due to those security concerns. So, thanks to US and Israeli idiocy and malevolence, security concerns are becoming increasingly grave. In fact, the Israeli government recently announced they would limit fighting along a key road in order to help with aid distribution, but hasn't made a lock of difference because Gaza, after months of war, annihilation, destruction of government capacity, is increasingly gripped by total anarchy. Organized armed gangs attack and seize trucks with no police force insight or other security forces to stop them. This lawlessness, of course, is entirely predictable. New York Times Rights quote the mass run police force that helps secure the passage of aid earlier in the war, melted away months ago after the Israeli military killed several officers. The lack of any police or rule of law in the area has rendered the road surrounding the crossing highly dangerous, said a un spokesperson. In fact, you may remain that second assault on Al Shifa Hospital back in mid March. In that raid, the idea of killed the head of police operations in Gaza. That was the man who was responsible for coordinating aid distribution between UNRA and Palestinian tribes. Reports on the ground suggested other civil servants and police officers were also killed in that particular raid. So border crossings are blocked and destroyed. The peer is a cruel joke, and the Israelis have successfully created an environment of lawlessness that makes it impossible to deliver what aid actually does enter the strip. Meanwhile, Palestinians are suffering to an unimaginable degree. Dozens of kids that we know of have already died of starvation. One hospital is treating fifty children right now as we speak for severe malnutrition. According to Gaza's Health ministry, as many as thirty five hundred children are currently at risk of starving to death. I can scarcely imagine the pain of being unable to feed your own child, So good riddance to the peer, which has done nothing but escalate this pain. At least we can say that while the humans with power have been unwilling to act with morality, the seas apparently conspired to mete out some modicum of justice on this cruel point of humanitarian coseplay. Sager, we knew that the peer was and
Speaker 2: If you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at Breakingpoints dot com.