Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George, and or are with you, Michael McCarthy with us follow the money? How China bought the world and they bought it in a big, big way. And are there any regrets by US corporations or are they glad they did what they did?
Speaker 3: Michael, Well, I haven't heard of any regrets. As a matter of fact, when I had a break there, I've actually found a note that I wanted to share about who are the corporations that who were the first to jump on this and move all of their jobs over to China. So it goes back to nineteen eighty when the US Congress passed a trade agreements conferring most Favored Nation status on China, and so first into the frame we're corporate brands such as Heinz RJ. Reynolds, to Coca Cola, American Express, American Motors, General Food, to Let, Epsi Cola, Desman, Kodak At and T Navesco, Bell South. Lots more information in the book. However, over the last thirty years, American companies have managed to lower their costs of manufacturing by eighty seven percent by shipping all of these good American jobs over to China. Since that time, annual average wages for the blue collar job in North America have decreased ten percent, while income for the top corporate executives who designed the scheme and financed it have risen over nine hundred percent. Wow. The average wage for a top American corporate executives now just under seventeen million dollars a year, while the average American makes less now than they did thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety seven, after one hundred and fifty six years, Britain gave up Hong Kong to China. Was that a disaster? Did they have to do that?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was legal. Britain is the civilized country. They had an agreement. They gave it back in nineteen ninety seven. But while Hong Kong is indeed the crown jewel of the for East, the financial capital of the Asia, the CCP, the Communist Party in China, has far bigger mister fry. Right now, they are making very serious threats about invading Taiwan, a modern, highly civilized country of democracy that cranks out most of the world's microchips, and boy did the Chinese want that country.
Speaker 2: If they go for it, will it be a military action? What will they do in Europe?
Speaker 3: Well, if I can backtrack just a minute or two, it's going to tell listeners earlier about my trip to Taiwan where I went to a little a place called kim Min Island, who's formerly known as Kimoi, and that's where Mao tried to invade Taiwan. The first place, laid down one heck of a lot of artillery fire for an extended period of time, and Taiwanese built an entire city underground, which I was invited to tourists as a tourist attraction. And that's where I found out that the Communists were trying to invade Taiwan. And the only reason they didn't make it is that one of these days the US six fleet showed up and said, thou shalt not pass stop right there. So these days the US lead is over there and right now, in the last couple of months, the Chinese have been cutting off ships and having near misses with planes, you know, rattling sabers, and the question comes down to whether or not they're actually going to follow through. But you know, Glad the poisoner in Russia somehow just attacked Ukraine. So you know, is it possible for one country to do this to another? Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Then I think the Chinese are watching our reaction to the Ukrainian situation.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, And not just that, they're watching everything. If you show a sign of weakness in negotiations with the Chinese, so they'll pounce on it. And they're just testing all the time to see how much people will back up and how far. And so far here in Canada they've made huge inroads into our economy and political system and we're just finally living to wake up and put our foot down and say stop doing this stuff. I don't know the exact situation in America today, but I begin thinks you're beginning to understand, and the listeners are starting to understand just how far the Chinese have proceeded over the course of time to the point now where they've taken the gloves off and they're just saying, no more soft power. It's going to be hard power. And in the Ukraine, our good friend mister Putin is threatening to use nuclear weapons of some sort, and the People's Liberation Army has said the same thing. A commander said last year. If America gets in the way, we'll go nuclear.
Speaker 2: Interesting take just yesterday she took credit for stopping Putin from using nukes in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about radioactivity or how old anybody listening to this is, But when I was a kid, we had the Cuban missile crisis. And now in school, every day we had to hide.
Speaker 2: Under our desks nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had to learn all about radioactivity. And you know these days people are going to start buying gas masks pretty soon. I wouldn't put anything past Putin, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past she Jim King. If he threatens to do something, well best to take it cherously.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you about you what kind of a leader is he?
Speaker 3: Well, it's obviously very clever. I wish I had done as much research on him as I had done on Mao. But they say, you know that power is a narcotic, and ultimate power is the ultimate narcotic. And people who get into positions of extreme power like that, well you know, sometimes it goes to their head.
Speaker 2: He just got named again. Or something like that, didn't.
Speaker 3: He I don't know. But anyway, one of the questions I was thinking about talking about was this book anything to do with a conspiracy? In fact, I don't use that phrase in the book. I use the phrase secret society. And most certainly, while we have Shi jinping and comments on one side, we have people on our side of the fence who are also doing things that can be called secret, unethical, illegal, and.
Speaker 2: Dangerous just as bad.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of skull and Bones?
Speaker 2: We sure have Yale University.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, when you start tracking the history and getting the names, it's a bit scary, indeed, that such a small group of people who would exert such tremendous power. George H. W. Bush was the first diplomatic representative to the People's Republic of China in seventy three. He was Scull and Bones. So was his father, brother, son, uncle, nephew, and several countries. There are great, many other big names that we can think of here, But except for the Carter administration, every US ambassador debasing since Kissinger's Sacred deal with Mao and seventy one was a member of the same tiny cult. A mere coincidence.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, Testill're still alive. If we were able to talk to him, if you were able to sit down with him, Michael, what would you ask him?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I missed too.
Speaker 2: Kissinger is still alive, you know, if you're able to sit down and ask him some questions, what would you ask him?
Speaker 3: Well, Somewhere in the book and I don't have it, handy is a list of Kissinger's crimes against humanity, Aside from carpet bombing Cambodia, which was secret to this day.
Speaker 1: If you go to.
Speaker 3: Cambodia, people are still walking around missing one leg and helping the Argentine junta. The disappearance of all those dissonance thrown out of helicopters into the ocean, the assassination of Innochet and Chile, making secret deals with a shaw of Iran that led to the Iranian Revolution. Everything that Kissinger did backfire it and it was all done, most of it done secretly. And I would you know, I don't see the point in anyone talking to Kissinger, even if he's one hundred years old. I'm reminded of a famous quote from Mark Twain. Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Speaker 2: Of course, everything he did he did with Nixon's approval, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's a key dat in this book in nineteen seventy one when Nixon, who was looking for an image of improvement, and he Kissinger said, why don't we turned you into a global statesperson. You know, we've been fighting communism for all these years, but all of a sudden, you know, we'll be buddy buddy, and hey, think of all the money we can make.
Speaker 2: Yep. Interesting take on all of that. If I recall, wasn't it Nixon that got us out of Vietnam?
Speaker 3: Well, there was something to do with fifty five thousand young men being killed that was annoying a lot of people. There was riots, and there was protests, and there was, you know.
Speaker 2: A war that should ever have happened. And the big mistake we made as a country as we u took it out on the troops when they came home, Michael, wasn't their fault?
Speaker 3: Well it's actually there's three main components to the book, and the other two are a addiction and consumerism. And you may recall that Heroin came to America through Vietnam and and now, well, I'm not going to go back to the beginning of the book. It's eighteen forty of the Opium Wars, when Great Britain went bankrupt buying tea from China. So they ran opium down the Chinese throats and started the Opium War. And the Chinese don't think I've ever forgiven us since, but they're getting the revenge now direct of the world.
Speaker 2: Fentanyl, Yes, another.
Speaker 3: Sending us sentanyl. It's it's you know, Chiesi Inping has been quoted as saying We're going to destroy Western democracy in several different ways, but certainly drugs are one of them.
Speaker 2: Well, he's right about that. I mean most of it is made in China, imported into Mexico and then it comes into the US and it's a it's a it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a little squid that's just slightly off what we're talking about here. I just stumbled across us a minute ago. I want to just read out a paragraph here, you know, about opium and drugs. In late two thousand and nine, a gentleman named Antonio Maria Costa, the head of the United Nations Office on drugs and Crime went on record to say that it was primarily drug many that kept the American financial system afloat during the two thousand and eight crisis, estimating that some three hundred and fifty two billion dollars of drug profits had been laundered via the major US banks during that time. And that's pre sentinel. What could it be.
Speaker 2: Now, absolutely well, with with fentanyl that's killing everybody, Yes, it is what really As a journalist, you know, I always like to back everything back up to the beginning, and my question is why are these people doing all these drugs when you know it can kill you?
Speaker 3: And I think that if you look at what has happened to the rust belt in the South with all of the factories, everything from steel mills to furniture mills to everything all closed and all those jobs gone. It used to be that the great American dream was to get a job, find a wife, buy a house, buy a house, have a family. You got something to shoot for, you got something. But these days, the cost of living. I don't know about all of North America, but everywhere I've been, well, here in Vancouver, you need to make two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year just to qualify for a mortgage. So the idea, you know, the idea of actually owning something, the American dream. I've heard one activist talk to used the phrase death by despair. I think that was a pretty good estimation of all these people who have given up and the cost of living has gone through the roof thanks to our deal with China, certain people have gotten healthy, rich, and the middle class is disappearing, and we have a huge underclass of people that never used to exist.
Speaker 2: When does China make its move on Taiwan?
Speaker 3: Michael, You know, I went to the Taiwan consulate in Vancouver today to talk to the new director there. I've been invited by the last three to come and chat, and I want to talk to her again and say, look, you know, I've been to Taiwan many times and the difference between Taiwan and the Ukraine is a Ukrainian doy. Those are tough people. They fight like tooth and nail. The Taiwanese military, you know, the ones that I saw guarding everything didn't look like they could win a risk wrestling contest. The army is not a plum job in Taiwan.
Speaker 2: Would they put their arms down and just put their weapons down and say, come on in.
Speaker 3: No, what's going to happen. This is going to require American interference. Is going to acquire America to say what it has been saying for the last decade or two. We don't recognize Taiwan as a real country, but we are committed to defense. So in nineteen fifty six, the Cold War started and the Hot War was averted by the sixth Fleet showing up. However, the Chinese are spending vast amounts of money on the military and in due time they're going to catch up.
Speaker 2: And what is China's endgame, Michael? What do they want? Overall?
Speaker 3: They want to restore China to its historical place in history, which is the dominant power on planet Earth. They want to overcome Western democracy. They're well on their way to doing it. They bought up most of the world, including the Middle East and Africa. They're making fealthy deals with dictators all around the planet that will give you money if we're allowed to come in and take all your raw resources. And you know, they're in a position to rebuild what they used to do. Consider it the center of the world that China is going to replace Western democracies, and if you look around, there's enowful lot of other people thinking the same and acting the same. And that's why I guess the Western world is supporting Ukraine because it's not a fight against Ukraine, it's a fight against.
Speaker 2: Democracy outside of war. What do we do?
Speaker 3: Haha? I didn't write. I didn't write this book for a number of years because you basically need some sort of happy ending.
Speaker 2: It would be nice, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't find one. And finally when I submitted the book, I wrote an afterward and basically I said, well, you know, consumerism is killing the planet, and you know we're buying some vast amounts of stuff to try to make ourselves happy.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more h